7.3

1. Nov 3, 2012
    • Mark of the Ninja is a 2D side-scrolling stealth game where you play a ninja grappling from lamp posts and hiding behind plant pots in an effort to either avoid people completely of sneak up behind them for a silent kill.
    • Early on the game presents some wonderful anime style cut scenes but does not deliver on their potential, being reduced to tiny bites as the game progresses.
    • An interesting art style that combines with some well thought out user interface effects to convey exactly when you are hidden or visible and generally what will reveal your position to the enemy.
    • While I struggle to find much wrong with the game mechanically, the entire package just feels un-exciting.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    I think this is a pretty dull game. Mainly because I found it really hard to try beating this game, and I'm not talking about difficulty. It was fun for the first few levels, but after that it was quite repetitive. Crawl into a vent, kill some guard, repeat. This games really doesn't have much of a plot either, so nothing else could really redeem it. It isn't really something that you needI think this is a pretty dull game. Mainly because I found it really hard to try beating this game, and I'm not talking about difficulty. It was fun for the first few levels, but after that it was quite repetitive. Crawl into a vent, kill some guard, repeat. This games really doesn't have much of a plot either, so nothing else could really redeem it. It isn't really something that you need to play or that you should really want to play. Expand
  3. Mar 22, 2014
    An entertaining game that takes the stealth genre back to it's roots. Whilst it didn't hugely grip me, I was still reasonably entertained throughout, thanks to the appealing visuals and smooth gameplay.
  4. Sep 9, 2012
    Klei Entertainment and I seem to have a long and understanding relationship. When I feel the need to murder something they provide a compelling, addictive and ingenious little downloadable title for me to munch on. Mark of the Ninja is another hallmark in our simple, but beautiful, relationship. Hitting all the right notes for a stealth and precision freak like myself and having enoughKlei Entertainment and I seem to have a long and understanding relationship. When I feel the need to murder something they provide a compelling, addictive and ingenious little downloadable title for me to munch on. Mark of the Ninja is another hallmark in our simple, but beautiful, relationship. Hitting all the right notes for a stealth and precision freak like myself and having enough left over for me to share. The visual style, not breaking from the brilliant Shank franchise, is fluid and overall Mark of the Ninja was constantly testing my decision to name The Walking Dead my favourite downloadable title of the year. It cannot be missed, so go buy it. Now. Collapse

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Mark of the Ninja has almost everything you can wish for in a game like this. The animations are wonderful and the soundtrack suits the game well. You can play the game in various ways and this extends its lifespan. With a minor flaw the game may not be perfect, but the game is very close to it.
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    Mark of the Ninja is an excellent 2D-platformer, which cleverly combines stealth with explosive action. The striking visual style is also worth a mention. [Dec 2012]
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    Whereas Shank and Shank 2 seemed to succeed on brute force, Mark of the Ninja feels like a more nuanced affair. All of the Klei hallmarks are here, and the polish has been turned up to 11. A few minor issues aside, there is much to like here.