Mark of the Ninja Xbox 360

7.3

1. Mar 22, 2014
    An entertaining game that takes the stealth genre back to it's roots. Whilst it didn't hugely grip me, I was still reasonably entertained throughout, thanks to the appealing visuals and smooth gameplay.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    I think this is a pretty dull game. Mainly because I found it really hard to try beating this game, and I'm not talking about difficulty. It was fun for the first few levels, but after that it was quite repetitive. Crawl into a vent, kill some guard, repeat. This games really doesn't have much of a plot either, so nothing else could really redeem it. It isn't really something that you needI think this is a pretty dull game. Mainly because I found it really hard to try beating this game, and I'm not talking about difficulty. It was fun for the first few levels, but after that it was quite repetitive. Crawl into a vent, kill some guard, repeat. This games really doesn't have much of a plot either, so nothing else could really redeem it. It isn't really something that you need to play or that you should really want to play. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2012
    • Mark of the Ninja is a 2D side-scrolling stealth game where you play a ninja grappling from lamp posts and hiding behind plant pots in an effort to either avoid people completely of sneak up behind them for a silent kill.
    • Early on the game presents some wonderful anime style cut scenes but does not deliver on their potential, being reduced to tiny bites as the game progresses.
    • An interesting art style that combines with some well thought out user interface effects to convey exactly when you are hidden or visible and generally what will reveal your position to the enemy.
    • While I struggle to find much wrong with the game mechanically, the entire package just feels un-exciting.
  4. Sep 9, 2012
    Klei Entertainment's latest is a slice of genius, not only due to the sublimely intense gameplay, but also thanks to the brilliance of the implementation throughout. A lot of thought has clearly gone into the gameplay, and the concept is never sold-short - everything, and I mean everything, is geared towards the stealth action, from the controls, to the graphics and sound. As some sortKlei Entertainment's latest is a slice of genius, not only due to the sublimely intense gameplay, but also thanks to the brilliance of the implementation throughout. A lot of thought has clearly gone into the gameplay, and the concept is never sold-short - everything, and I mean everything, is geared towards the stealth action, from the controls, to the graphics and sound. As some sort of comparison (because I'm afraid I'm going to spoil the surprise for you, when you lay your hands on this game) I will say this: Klei Entertainment's previous games, the Shank series, were beautifully presented, but were let down by the fact, that eventually when all the gloss and goodwill has been used up, they didn't have much else to them really. Mark of the Ninja has so much more to it than both of the Shank titles, and the fact its so good can only mean that even if you fail to try the demo (which is free by the way, so why not?). A splendid revival for Stealth and Ninja antics indeed!! As a UK gamer, who's lost a lot of this weekend to this beauty, I can confirm that the £10 price is a steal!! Collapse

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Mark of the Ninja has almost everything you can wish for in a game like this. The animations are wonderful and the soundtrack suits the game well. You can play the game in various ways and this extends its lifespan. With a minor flaw the game may not be perfect, but the game is very close to it.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Dec 12, 2012
    Mark of the Ninja is an excellent 2D-platformer, which cleverly combines stealth with explosive action. The striking visual style is also worth a mention. [Dec 2012]
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    Whereas Shank and Shank 2 seemed to succeed on brute force, Mark of the Ninja feels like a more nuanced affair. All of the Klei hallmarks are here, and the polish has been turned up to 11. A few minor issues aside, there is much to like here.