7.3

1. Aug 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok I had really high hopes for this game after all the positive feedback it's received from here and actual critics. But I was sadly disappointed. I have played both Xmen Legends games and loved them both, even with the occasional flaw. This game started out ok, but didn't last. I decided just for fun to unlock all the playable characters. This left me feeling really disappointed. There were a total of maybe 12. Marvel has a huge world of characters yet the character list was shorter than a 10 year olds attention span. Secondly, the DLC is no longer for sale so the characters that are DLC only are no longer able to be reached. Now lets hit some of the characters, Wolverine and Deadpool both are mutants with a healing factor, so ideally it would be part of the character, but nope, it's part of costumes you can unlock. Another major flaw is the super attack you eventually unlock for every character, if you do yours everyone on your team that has it available follows suit, wasting possible 1 to 3 super finishers. Thirdly stairs.... Stairs in this game are so terrible that when you land on them while jumping you slide down them. Last on my list is Deadpools teleport ability instead of a double jump. While sometimes you could do it through doors others wouldn't allow you to, yet hitting a certain spot on the door and poof you're through. Then at a point you need to double jump to make a set of 3 gaps where dragon statues breath fire, Deadpool just sticks in mid air and swings his Katana's. All in all i payed 6 bucks for this game used in a bundle with Forza 2 and wish i hadn't. do not play this game!!!! Expand

1. It's a well-made game that you can try again and again with numerous heroes and their plethora of powers. If you're a comic-book fan, this is probably the most satisfying videogame ever made for you.
  2. The critical path is incredibly long and is joined by bonus comic missions for most of the characters. The teammate AI is very impressive, often getting to baddies before you even see them, but once again, Raven has designed a game that is better through cooperative play.
    Despite a few welcome wrinkles to combat and character customization, this is pretty much the same game we have seen before. The level design and puzzles are a snooze, lacking any innovation. But who cares? This game is about gathering a few friends and laying the smack down on some villains.