7.3

1. DarrenD.
    Oct 1, 2007
    I was very dissapointed by this game. Not only was it very boring and repetetive but the graphics were like a PS1 game. I would rather play Superman returns than this.
  2. RedXIII
    Oct 28, 2006
    I agree with Mike G, this game is definitly not a next generation title, the graphics are comparable to the ps2's xmen legends, as well as the gameplay. Though that being said the game is very fun to play, being able to pick from more than 20 comic book characters is great, you can assemble a team of brute force or agility or a mix. This game is not that difficult but a lot of fun to I agree with Mike G, this game is definitly not a next generation title, the graphics are comparable to the ps2's xmen legends, as well as the gameplay. Though that being said the game is very fun to play, being able to pick from more than 20 comic book characters is great, you can assemble a team of brute force or agility or a mix. This game is not that difficult but a lot of fun to beat the snot out of the classic villians from the comic books, as well as bonus scenes if you have the hero/nemesis combination in battle. Ultimately this game is a whole lot o fun, the game play is fun, it looks good (not quite up to par with the next gen graphics ie:Oblivion) but still looks nice, the sound is good, upgrade system is good, overall quality is good, this game is worth it though if you dont like comic books I would not buy and wait for next months game explosion (gears of war, Tony hawk, COD3, etc) but this game is a nice end to the drought of GOOD 360 games. Expand
  3. DaveR.
    Nov 7, 2006
    I agree this is not next generation material. This is worthy of the original XBOX only. There was absolutely no wow factor during this game. The design was unimaginative and repetitive.
  4. TheDarkKnight
    Oct 26, 2006
    I was really dissapointed when I started to play this game. Mainly I think because I didn't like the story (which 1up will probably say is great since ethey thought justice league was terrible even though I thought it was perfect, like a comic book) But Its the same legend gameplay but I dunno I couldn't get that much into it as much as i did legends. I did play a good 3 hours I was really dissapointed when I started to play this game. Mainly I think because I didn't like the story (which 1up will probably say is great since ethey thought justice league was terrible even though I thought it was perfect, like a comic book) But Its the same legend gameplay but I dunno I couldn't get that much into it as much as i did legends. I did play a good 3 hours though and still nothing made me go this is great. Expand
  5. DavidH.
    Jun 12, 2007
    A very bland title. Definitely not worthy of anything higher than maybe a 7, 8 if you're really in a good mood. While there is a nice wealth of unlockables and content, the gameplay itself is very 2 dimensional (no pun intended). The level design is awful; there is little more to do than mindlessly blast or hack your way through enemies. The attempts at introducing puzzles to the A very bland title. Definitely not worthy of anything higher than maybe a 7, 8 if you're really in a good mood. While there is a nice wealth of unlockables and content, the gameplay itself is very 2 dimensional (no pun intended). The level design is awful; there is little more to do than mindlessly blast or hack your way through enemies. The attempts at introducing puzzles to the fray are incredibly weak. Its a shame too considering how much effort was made to include so many characters from the Universe; but this game is in many ways a step backwards from the XML titles. Expand
  6. MikeG.
    Oct 26, 2006
    Not next gen, but the game is fun. Has some framerate issuse but not that it hurts the game. Die hard comic collecters and super heroes fans a must have.anyone else I would say rent. I like the game but can only give a seven cause its not next gen and framerates tweaks.
  7. G.Camel
    Oct 28, 2006
    It is worth checking out if you a die-hard marvel comic fan, but it lacks any originality. The mini games suck. I think the best aspect of this game will be the online multiplay.
  8. Oct 29, 2012
    Overall, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is a real treat to all types of gamers, along with fans of comics. While nothing new is brought to the industry, the four-player campaign is something that has been shown successful, and definitely was a great feature to implement. This is recommended to anyone who likes violence, RPGs, and large casts of characters.

1. It's a well-made game that you can try again and again with numerous heroes and their plethora of powers. If you're a comic-book fan, this is probably the most satisfying videogame ever made for you.
  2. The critical path is incredibly long and is joined by bonus comic missions for most of the characters. The teammate AI is very impressive, often getting to baddies before you even see them, but once again, Raven has designed a game that is better through cooperative play.
    Despite a few welcome wrinkles to combat and character customization, this is pretty much the same game we have seen before. The level design and puzzles are a snooze, lacking any innovation. But who cares? This game is about gathering a few friends and laying the smack down on some villains.