Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360

8.9

1. SeanH
    Jan 29, 2010
    Pure gaming perfection. No game has ever stuck with me they way the Mass Effect games have. IMO Mass Effect was my favorite 360 game and the sequel improved the combat and streamlined some of the other features and aside from looking even better and playing better the plot thickens. The closest any of us will ever get to being captain of a starship.
  2. MattM
    Jan 29, 2010
    This game is absolutely amazing in every single aspect. From visuals, to game play, to the story itself all come together to form one of the greatest games of all time. Mass Effect 1 was great, Mass Effect 2 is epic. The only thing better will be Mass Effect 3.
  3. SeanMe
    Jan 29, 2010
    A strong contender for game of the year, and it's only January. Better than the first game in almost every way, and that's saying something. Mass Effect 2 continues the first game's legacy of having easily some of the best characters in any video game and a story which will keep you interested until the very end.
  4. TrevorS
    Jan 29, 2010
    Possibly the best game of the year already, and it's only January! The most addicting game I've played in a VERY long time. This is the new standard for RPGs.
  5. NateD
    Jan 29, 2010
    This game is truly, truly amazing. Beyond words in fact. There are minor glitches here and there but it's expected with a game this big. Only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because I will never vote a game a 10, that would mean it has NO flaws, no matter how minor. This game. Rules. GOTY 2010 and 2010 just started.
  6. KevinJ.
    Jan 29, 2010
    Improved Mass Effect 2 in every way possible. Best improvement worthy of note is the highly improved combat system. The story is extremely engaging and brings the player to a new intimate level with the story. ME2 is the highest rated game in my book for the 360, GTA IV doesn't deserve the #1 spot.
  7. MikeP
    Jan 29, 2010
    This game is absolutely amazing. I've never been so affected by story-telling in my life. Visuals are stellar, combat is solid, and the characters are compelling and interesting. GOTY 2010 and my new favourite game.
  8. GregoryN
    Jan 29, 2010
    The perfect Sci-Fi experience. Some may say that the game has been dulled down from the original, but I digress. The original Mass Effect may have been deeper in customization options, but ME2 brings a lot more to the table as far as an overall experience. This time around, getting a crew together actually feels worthwhile and each member of your team brings something new and exciting to The perfect Sci-Fi experience. Some may say that the game has been dulled down from the original, but I digress. The original Mass Effect may have been deeper in customization options, but ME2 brings a lot more to the table as far as an overall experience. This time around, getting a crew together actually feels worthwhile and each member of your team brings something new and exciting to your party. The small things are what really matter in this game. Conversations are well written, but it is the small pieces of audio that you hear from people that you pass by that really make you love Bioware. This game is a MUST for any fan of Sci-Fi, RPGs, or even shooters as the combat has been turned up to 11. Get this game now!!! Expand
  9. RyanH
    Jan 28, 2010
    This sequel to one of the best games of all time lives up to the hype. It's story is deep and compelling and the ending is among one of the most intense in not only gaming, but entertainment history.
  10. GabrielP.
    Jan 28, 2010
    This game has made several improvments over the last one. How ever this does not mean ME2 does not have it's flaws. Dragged out ctuscenes and lengthy loading screens get a bit teadeous but overall it is an excellent game. I only wish more games were made of this quality.
  11. AnthonyB
    Jan 28, 2010
    I am having a great time with this game. I loved the first one and played through it in its entirety many times. They have really set a bar for atmosphere and I now find it hard to play other RPGs that don't give similar conversation options and fully voiced characters. This is as close to playing a epic sci-fi film as we can get. I cannot give ME2 a full 10 simply because I did I am having a great time with this game. I loved the first one and played through it in its entirety many times. They have really set a bar for atmosphere and I now find it hard to play other RPGs that don't give similar conversation options and fully voiced characters. This is as close to playing a epic sci-fi film as we can get. I cannot give ME2 a full 10 simply because I did enjoy outfitting my squad and that has pretty much been removed. Thoroughly recommended even if you have not spent the 30+ hours required for the first game. Expand
  12. JosephS.
    Jan 28, 2010
    This game is just epic! Improves on most of the aspects from the first game. Although less RPG elements might disrupt many diehard fans initial enjoyment, this game is just another masterpiece. Bioware has once again reminded everyone that they are the top tier developers when it comes to role-playing games.
  13. BrianF.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Mass Effect owns real estate on my soul. I've never played games that involve the player as fully as the two Mass Effects Bioware has created.
  14. NickB.
    Jan 28, 2010
    By far this is the game of the year in january the game is absoleutly incredible. This game makes halo 3 fell like tetris the graphics are fenominal, the charecter designs and customization is great and the planetary traveling from mass effect 1 is still alot of fun, the story is incredible to 10 out of 10. YA GAME OF THE YEAR
  15. SlipStream
    Jan 28, 2010
    Amazing story telling, great updates to the graphics, combat and fixing of numerious issues from the first installment make this my pick for game of the year.
  16. DynamicEcho
    Jan 28, 2010
    Quite simply, the best game I have ever played. The combat of ME1 has been totally replaced with one of the very best of any game, while retaining all of the depth and majesty which made the first game great. This has set the benchmark for RPGs and games in general. Bravo Bioware.
  17. JohnC
    Jan 28, 2010
    Great game, a beautifully crafted RPG with strong combat elements, a solid storyline bedded down with some great graphics and fluid cut scenes. No dull moments or time to stand around and get shot at here! The only down side, I found the mini games annoying at times. If you liked Mass Effect 1 then you need to get Mass Effect 2
  18. JonathanL.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Great game with tons of options and an open-world. Unfortunately, the gameplay isn't as improved from the first as you'd hope. Movement is not flushed out and the cover system is as unpolished as ever.
  19. DevonM.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Fantastic game! Better than the original. Only flaw is the use of a tedious mini-game that needed to be played over and over. Combat and story more than make up for it.
  20. TomT.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Great visuals, smooth combat, good story. Makes it a 10 in my book. I was a little perplexed on why they took out some of character leveling aspects. But they did do away with my complaints for sure.
  21. NickP.
    Jan 28, 2010
    I cannot properly produce, in words, how damn much I love this game. I was all prepared to be underwhelmed, as I didn't thnk they could do better than the first game. I was wrong. Seriously and completely wrong. No more recycled animations, no more terrible Mako, no more "character looks dramatically to the side, and then walks off". Everything is more seamless. That doesn't I cannot properly produce, in words, how damn much I love this game. I was all prepared to be underwhelmed, as I didn't thnk they could do better than the first game. I was wrong. Seriously and completely wrong. No more recycled animations, no more terrible Mako, no more "character looks dramatically to the side, and then walks off". Everything is more seamless. That doesn't mean there aren't little issues. The loading times seem really long, even when installed to the hard drive. There are some bugs where the audio cuts out and chops up strangely, and your crew mostly remains silent when in conversations when you're perusing the galaxy. But in comparsion to everything else about the game, I simply cannot complain. That's picking nits. I'm 10 hours into the game, and it is by and far the most amazing game I've played, ever. I've enjoyed a lot of games, I have. but this goes beyond everything I have ever expierenced. Thank you Bioware. I'm glad that ME1 got me to buy an Xbox and I'm thrilled to be a part of this experience. Game of the year? No. Game of the forever, for me at least. Expand
  22. davidshepard
  23. ZhenshuoLiu
    Jan 28, 2010
    Fell in love with the game moment I walked into Afterlife. I think I stayed there for 2 hours doing nothing but enjoying the music and scenery. The amount of detail put into things that aren't even pivotal makes this game a real hit. Like Avatar, it creates a real alternate world. Unlike Avatar, I get to actually do what I want in it. 10
  24. AM
    Jan 28, 2010
    An incredibly polished, deeply involving science fiction epic. BioWare always makes great games, but this masterpiece is on par with the near-perfection achieved by Infinity Engine-era BioWare. I never thought I would say it, but even though it's been made more accessible to a broad audience through the incorporation of well-implemented shooter mechanics, Mass Effect 2 is easily on An incredibly polished, deeply involving science fiction epic. BioWare always makes great games, but this masterpiece is on par with the near-perfection achieved by Infinity Engine-era BioWare. I never thought I would say it, but even though it's been made more accessible to a broad audience through the incorporation of well-implemented shooter mechanics, Mass Effect 2 is easily on par with Planescape:Torment and Baldur's Gate 2. A bravura performance, and one that fully deserves to be one of the highest-rated games of all time. Expand
  25. Wiliab.
    Jan 28, 2010
    I have never played anything as amazing as this game. It pulls you in, and you cant stop playing. The last two nights i said to myself, its time to go to bed...I played another 3 hours each time. I grew up a gamer back in the nes days, played some of the greatest games on all kinds of consoles. Im not even finished with me2 yet, and to me, its THE greatest game ive ever played. Just amazing!
  26. GregP.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Brilliant gameplay in addition to an engaging story and interesting characterw make this game one of the best I have ever played.
  27. QuangN.
    Jan 28, 2010
    One of the best dialogue system in the history of gaming along with great story telling and combat mechanics. foe ME 1 fans a must have and for those who start with the second game, I can only recommend you to get the original as well. the save game import function should be installed to all games that have story relevant sequels!
  28. AdamJ.
    Jan 28, 2010
    This game, simply put, is poetry in motion. If a science fiction novel had been written with the same depth of character and event development, it would be a bestseller for years to come. The first game, while amazing for its time, is a pale shadow by comparison. If you love shooters, RPGs, science fiction, or just an masterfully told story, you should be buying this game.
  29. RicardoL.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Modern, fascinating and truly innovative, Mass Effect 2 is a brand new take for the western rpg, Bioware reached a perfect mix between action and storytelling, graced by stunning visuals and a long and challenging gameplay.
  30. Dan
    Jan 27, 2010
    There's so many good things to say about Mass Effect 2 it's impossible to cram them all into this paragraph. So what's wrong with this game, the answer, very little. The planet scanning gets tedious after a while but if it was removed, you would miss it. The games graphics, sound, presentation and story are all top notch. The real triumph here is how the games unique cast There's so many good things to say about Mass Effect 2 it's impossible to cram them all into this paragraph. So what's wrong with this game, the answer, very little. The planet scanning gets tedious after a while but if it was removed, you would miss it. The games graphics, sound, presentation and story are all top notch. The real triumph here is how the games unique cast of characters draw you into this world and make it seem so vividly real. Most of your actions from Mass Effect 1 directly affect Mass Effect 2 and even potentially Mass Effect 3. I have never played a sequel so directly connected to its predecessor. An amazing work of art, if you own a 360 or PC equipped to handle it, go buy it. Now. Expand
  31. ThienN.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Truly an amazing game from bioware. There are few games that can make a person feel like they are making a difference in what they are playing. There is just so much satisfaction seeing in how your choices plays, whether good or bad. From beginning to end, I loved every minute of it. Never a dull moment, I even enjoyed the mining. Get this game.
  32. JohnH.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Improved over the first Mass Effect in every way. It is just a beautiful RPG with gorgeous characters and an enveloping story that will make your wait for Mass Effect 3 even more painful. Possible Game of the Year in January? We will see but it will definately be in the running. My score for Mass Effect 2 is a 9.75, because it does have a couple of minor flaws like the mining for precious Improved over the first Mass Effect in every way. It is just a beautiful RPG with gorgeous characters and an enveloping story that will make your wait for Mass Effect 3 even more painful. Possible Game of the Year in January? We will see but it will definately be in the running. My score for Mass Effect 2 is a 9.75, because it does have a couple of minor flaws like the mining for precious metals mini game. However it takes nothing away from the experience and you will be thining of the charachters and decisions you made even while not playing. Expand
  33. VK
    Jan 27, 2010
    Outstanding in every sense. Truly a must have. Missing out big time by not buying this.
  34. JoonaM.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Absolutely one of the best games i´ve played. I even wonder why there still are shooter games, when you can have all this in one amazing package. FPS/3rdPS genre is dead to me.
  35. NickT.
    Jan 27, 2010
    I was wondering how they were going to top Mass Effect 1. Well, they did. In length, characters, drama, decisions, and story. Do get this game.
  36. UmbertoM.
    Jan 27, 2010
    This is finally a real game.
  37. MiljaHouni
    Jan 27, 2010
    Builds on the good parts of ME1 and fixes the issues. Combat is improved and more engaging, story is unrivaled.
  38. Jarome
    Jan 27, 2010
    GTA 4 was almost a 10, apparently. This game is ACTUALLY good, so I give it a 10 =P In reality, so much care, effort and passion has gone into making this game as perfect as possible, and it shows. The combat feels great, story was fantastic and I actually cared about the characters. This game goes into my top 5 of all time games with Zelda: OoT, Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, Dragon Warrior GTA 4 was almost a 10, apparently. This game is ACTUALLY good, so I give it a 10 =P In reality, so much care, effort and passion has gone into making this game as perfect as possible, and it shows. The combat feels great, story was fantastic and I actually cared about the characters. This game goes into my top 5 of all time games with Zelda: OoT, Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, Dragon Warrior (NES!!) and now ME2 =) Expand
  39. daveB
    Work Of Art.
  40. MarkS.
    Jan 27, 2010
    This game truly is amazing. From the excellent beginning all the way to the credits. The gameplay is 100% tighter than the first Mass Effect and the story is engrossing with no stutter. I am extremely happy with Bioware and I easily see this game winning best game of 2010.
  41. Ryan
    Jan 27, 2010
    Amazing game! Gonna be remembered for quite some time.
  42. davidshepard
  43. TomO.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Absolutely engrossing world with great characters and an engaging plot. Shooter elements have been improved from ME1, as well as many other minor improvements that make this game the cutting edge.
  44. PeteR.
    Jan 27, 2010
    The follow-up to one of the greatest RPG games of all time, could very well be the greatest RPG of all time.
  45. JosemariaG.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Really a great game. For me the most important thing is the story, to feel that you´re inside something important... and this game, get it!!
  46. RevanS.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Riveting. Amazing. Impossible to put down... I know it's only January, but this is Game of the Year. Bye bye, Bioshock.
  47. JroqM.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Awesome Game and story line. very well done.
  48. JoeB.
    Jan 27, 2010
    one of the most emotionally, visually and technically resonant video games I've ever played. a must buy for someone who enjoys smart, beautiful, cinematic well-written entertainment. and its FUN too...imagine that. absolutely breathtaking. 10/10. Just do yourself a favor and play this.
  49. CharlieM.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Highly addictive, cinematics are so good its like being in a movie, new equipment and weapons lay out takes some getting used to, hotkeys for abilities is a huge plus. Bravo on one of the best games ever made gentlemen.
  50. RobB.
    Jan 27, 2010
    The game is simply incredible. Everything you loved about Mass Effect 1 is still here, but everything that frustrated you is gone. The first 10 minutes were the best opening of any videogame ever. I see this game sucking up my life for the next several months, if not years.
  51. VictorV.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Improves on the first game in any possible way, which is saying a lot. Gone are the technical issues, this game plays extremely smooth, inventory system, graphics, have improved. The story isn't as increbible as the first one (because it is a second act) but they have trimmed the fact. Every single side mission is interesting and fun to do. A must buy for a shooter or RPG fan.
  52. DanM.
    Jan 27, 2010
    One of the best games i've played this generation! Everything is top notch. The graphics, the story, voice acting, gameplay, characters....you name it, its amazing. Bringing over your story from the first game makes this journey through space even better!
  53. darrylQ.
    Jan 27, 2010
    i love this game. to be a perfect ten more adult content uncensored is needed. this is a mature game, so an option should be added or dlc for more adult gameplay and content.
  54. JuanM.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Amazing! an incredible history and a second game in the trilogy that enhances to the limit the first one, it's simply unbelievable, is this really only a game? For me it's THE GAME. Emotionally engaging and the best adventure of all times, this is the future of the video games, welcome to the Bioware world and long live to the kings ;) Thanks for this great gaming experience.
  55. CRockwell
    Jan 27, 2010
    Mass Effect 2 is not a perfect game, but a 9/10 rating just does not do it justice. This triumph of storytelling is easily the most enjoyment I'll get from a game in a several year span, the only other coming close being Assassin's Creed II -- though that had a much shorter gameplay value for me when compared to Mass Effect's replay value. It has a personality and Mass Effect 2 is not a perfect game, but a 9/10 rating just does not do it justice. This triumph of storytelling is easily the most enjoyment I'll get from a game in a several year span, the only other coming close being Assassin's Creed II -- though that had a much shorter gameplay value for me when compared to Mass Effect's replay value. It has a personality and memorability that makes playing it for the first time akin to watching a movie from a great director for the first time, and knowing it's destined to become a classic. It has this certain something that rises it above the rest, and will make it go down into my greatest memories of games played list, making it fully justified as a 10/10 in my eyes. Expand
  56. alek
    Jan 27, 2010
    Playing this game is addicting. With a better story than most sci-fi movies coming out these days, action packed game play, and breathtaking visuals, I can't put it down...
  57. RaxR.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Have just finished (a pre-release copy of) it and all I can say is that from such a strong start it just keeps getting better and better! The last few hours are some of the best of my 20 year gaming life! An amazing game that ALL gamers should play. A new benchmark for "intelligent shooters" (iFPS). Please stop reading these comments & BUY THE GAME now! :-)
  58. Mike
    Jan 27, 2010
    YES! I'm still on the first mission, and I'm giving the game a 10! But come on, its BioWare, does anyone expect anything less than perfection out of them? Even the media keeps giving the game 100s, despite the flaws that would no doubt sink a lesser game. Congratulations BioWare! You are officially the developer of the decade and the Mass Effect trilogy is the IP of the century! YES! I'm still on the first mission, and I'm giving the game a 10! But come on, its BioWare, does anyone expect anything less than perfection out of them? Even the media keeps giving the game 100s, despite the flaws that would no doubt sink a lesser game. Congratulations BioWare! You are officially the developer of the decade and the Mass Effect trilogy is the IP of the century! Please get us ME3 soon (but not to soon), I can't stand the wait. I'll go ahead and give ME3 a 10 right now, just for posterity. Expand
  59. T34m1nat0r
    Jan 27, 2010
    Such a good game. Good RPG elements, action, music, dialogue, story. It's all there. Best RPG I have ever played.
  60. GraemeE.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Absolutely one of my most anticipated, and now favourite games ever made. It is astounding what Bioware has accomplished with ME2, and how they have pushed both the series and the genre(s) by creating a fast-paced shooter centered around emotional and personalized experiences. I made ME2 my very own, and it was built out of the hours I already invested into ME1. This individual experience Absolutely one of my most anticipated, and now favourite games ever made. It is astounding what Bioware has accomplished with ME2, and how they have pushed both the series and the genre(s) by creating a fast-paced shooter centered around emotional and personalized experiences. I made ME2 my very own, and it was built out of the hours I already invested into ME1. This individual experience that I played out through the game was just awesome. I cannot say enough for Bioware's continued excellence, and realizing a lofty vision. Absolutely 10/10. I love it. Expand
  61. AussieHarrison
    Jan 26, 2010
    If Mass Effect was the appetizer, ME2 is the tasty, scrumptious main course. Beats the original in every possible way.
  62. David
    Jan 26, 2010
    This is a fantatic game. If you are a fan of the new breed of RPG/Shooter game, pick this up. Mass Effect sets itself apart by creating its own distinct place in the science fiction universe. A must have for 360 owners.
  63. KyleR.
    Jan 26, 2010
    This game is amazing. I love how most critics only dock points for the graphics, but it's the most amazing-looking game I've ever seen. 10 because it's an instant classic.
  64. TerryPhillips
    Jan 26, 2010
    Flat out amazing. Improved in almost every way, some of the RPG elements are downgraded a bit for better action, but the unpolished nature of the original is gone. The story is sublime, the graphics bumped way up, and the tone, story, mood, and visual variety top it all of like a delicious cherry on an amazing game sunday. If you liked the first one, hell if you like RPG, or action with Flat out amazing. Improved in almost every way, some of the RPG elements are downgraded a bit for better action, but the unpolished nature of the original is gone. The story is sublime, the graphics bumped way up, and the tone, story, mood, and visual variety top it all of like a delicious cherry on an amazing game sunday. If you liked the first one, hell if you like RPG, or action with RPG... or if you just like Sci-Fi... Pick this one up!!!! Expand
  65. ErickO.
    Jan 26, 2010
    It's a rare occasion when a game's sequel improves on everything the original had, and then some, but it happened here in Mass Effect 2. The game went from brilliant to incredible, with the graphics as high end as possible, and facial expressions believable. On top of the graphics, the gameplay has been improved greatly, offering a bigger variety of weapons this time around. It's a rare occasion when a game's sequel improves on everything the original had, and then some, but it happened here in Mass Effect 2. The game went from brilliant to incredible, with the graphics as high end as possible, and facial expressions believable. On top of the graphics, the gameplay has been improved greatly, offering a bigger variety of weapons this time around. Infinite ammo has been removed, but regenerating health is a plus. Overall an amazing game, and one that you shouldn't look past. Expand
  66. AndrewBylard
    Jan 26, 2010
    There's no such thing as a perfect game, but Mass Effect 2 gets much closer than I've ever seen or thought possible. One of the most satisfying endings I've ever seen in a game.
  67. leejunS.
    Jan 26, 2010
    This game is most incredible RPG of Bioware Corp. I already injoyed first one, but sequel is twice better than that. Bioware knows how to make RPG game. This is realy epic :D
  68. SamA.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Having played through ME1 multiple times I have to say that this game is leaps and bounds better when it comes to the game play. I know I read an early review that docked the game points for relying heavily on the storyline from the original, but I argue that it was necessary since this game is obviously a standing part of the trilogy. Within the first 30 minutes of the game I was sucked Having played through ME1 multiple times I have to say that this game is leaps and bounds better when it comes to the game play. I know I read an early review that docked the game points for relying heavily on the storyline from the original, but I argue that it was necessary since this game is obviously a standing part of the trilogy. Within the first 30 minutes of the game I was sucked in, and after 11 hours of game play I still don't want to return to my home planet. Expand
  69. DaleL.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Almost speechless! Am I playing a game or a movie? This is what I kept asking myself while blasting my way through loads of baddies and swaggering through a super tight storyline. Playing a game like this hurts a little because they have an ending. I sense multiple play-throughs in my very near future.
  70. AlexanderD.
    Jan 26, 2010
    One of the best sequels in videogame history, Mass Effect 2 comprises outstanding storytelling, compelling gameplay and a state of the art presentation beyond any other game in recent years. Bioware is far ahead of the pack in every department, and Mass Effect 2 undoubtedly proves how much this trilogy might come down to becoming the best Sci Fi themed RPG ever made.
  71. JohannesS.
    Jan 26, 2010
    If you loved the first one, you'll love this even more! If you've never played an RPG, but love shooters with a great story (Half-Life 2 for example) you'll love this! If you prefer hardcore-RPG with tedious micro-management, get Dragon Age instead. P.S. Kelly forever!
  72. BarryP.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Just wow. I never expected BioWare and EA to pull this one off. The original Mass Effect was the best singleplayer game on next gen console next to BioShock and Oblivion and it was breathtaking. The sheer size of the planets and scope in general was second to none. But this, the sequel betters the original in every way. The combat is infinitely superior, feeling more flexible and "there", Just wow. I never expected BioWare and EA to pull this one off. The original Mass Effect was the best singleplayer game on next gen console next to BioShock and Oblivion and it was breathtaking. The sheer size of the planets and scope in general was second to none. But this, the sequel betters the original in every way. The combat is infinitely superior, feeling more flexible and "there", so to speak. All the simple things such as adding ammo count and a proper reticule without the questionable triangle targets just gives the game a smoother feel and more accomplished finish. I have only been playing for 4 hours but this is a genuine masterpiece that should not be overlooked by anyone who owns a 360 or PC. Believe me when I say that this will be a contender for GOTY in every respect. Expand
  73. MeganS.
    Jan 26, 2010
    The Game of the Year, guaranteed. One of the most, if not THE most, emotionally engaging video games I have ever played. This game has set a precedent that all future releases will have a burden of measuring up to. Buy now. Play forever.
  74. SheyhanA.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Mass Effect 2 is simply put a masterpiece. You are guaranteed that you will fall in love with one character. The story is gripping, its a tale of love, passion, family, and drive. The sound quality is amazing, it very clear and detailed. The gameplay has been refined and restructured, there's less pausing, and slowing down the intense pace Mass Effect is known for. The voice is Mass Effect 2 is simply put a masterpiece. You are guaranteed that you will fall in love with one character. The story is gripping, its a tale of love, passion, family, and drive. The sound quality is amazing, it very clear and detailed. The gameplay has been refined and restructured, there's less pausing, and slowing down the intense pace Mass Effect is known for. The voice is star-studded, and as usual the best part in Mass Effect 1, the personalization has came back with more options. You really feel that you are a part of a character, and part of a bigger movement. In the end, there's nothing negative to say, this game is nothing short of epic. Expand
  75. CraigB.
    Jan 26, 2010
    One of the best games of all time - BioWare have truly outdone themselves. A remarkable achievement in game design and one that will be remembered for years to come. This game hails the moment when next generation truly began. Simply incredible.
  76. davidshepard
  77. GaryL.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Was the wait worth it? Was all the replay of part 1 worth it? ABSOLUTELY. By Far the best game and character development we have been waiting for. Broke up with girlfriend, quit my job. I don't want to waste any more of my time NOT plaing this game....is it a game? A state of mind and being.
  78. RobertOgilvie
    Jan 26, 2010
    Overall, an exceptional game. Interaction and combat are both greatly improved over an already high quality original. Similarly, the handful of irritating flaws from the previous iteration are largely solved.
  79. dc
    Jan 26, 2010
    I liked mass effect but thought its glitches and combat made it a 7 this games improved both of them big time the story is good just wish i could use it on my PS3 instead of 360 because of the multiple discs but that doesnt really bother me to much 10 out of 10 bring on the sequel : )
  80. ChrisC.
    Jan 26, 2010
    I'm expecting this to win GOTY assuming people don't forget it 12 months down the line if they have such a short term memory. The game is utterly brilliant and I have currently sank in about 20 hours and I think I'm ready for the final mission but I'm scared to start it because I don't want to lose my party members. Well most of them. It's pretty cool how I I'm expecting this to win GOTY assuming people don't forget it 12 months down the line if they have such a short term memory. The game is utterly brilliant and I have currently sank in about 20 hours and I think I'm ready for the final mission but I'm scared to start it because I don't want to lose my party members. Well most of them. It's pretty cool how I have an attachment with most of them now and don't want them to die. I know very few games that have made me feel that way. This game is definitley the Uncharted 2 of the 360. A classic. Expand
  81. MatthewDiMaio
    Jan 26, 2010
    Mass effect 2 improves on the original's problems and combat, while keeping most rpg elements and expanding on this exciting and enriching universe. Mass Effect 2 will be in the top game nominations for Game of The Year
  82. LiquidO.
    Jan 26, 2010
    I just beat this game once and am already on my second play through even though I have MAG and No More Heroes 2 just bought as well. I'm hyped so much for those games but even after putting 34 hours and 23 minutes in my first playthrough I am back for more. If that doesn't indicate how good this game is I don't know what to say.
  83. ArnoldJohn
    Jan 26, 2010
    A complete game from whatever angle you look at it from. Visuals, Sound design, Music, story, characters gameplay, and replay value, it has it all.
  84. RickC.
    Jan 26, 2010
    The shooting mechanics have been made to play like a shooter but their is enough strategic depth to still make it fun. And the story and graphics are amazing.
  85. billyb
    Jan 26, 2010
    This game is absolutely amazing. Its a big jump, and it sucks you in. I loved the first game, and this is even better, and by a huge margin. Simply an awesome game, I dont know what else to say. Theres a million ways to play, and I imported my save from the first game. It plays to your own individual imagination, and its the first series of a game ive ever really felt that way. Just amazing.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Por lo que he jugado, es un gran juego, me ha parecido bastante bastane divertido, pero el problema e sque simplifican mucho los aspectos mas PRG de la primera parte, cosa qeu ami no me gusta. Adema la ausencia de mako y la poca profundidad de los personajes en comparacion de la anterior entrega, asi sta la cosa.
  87. DwonG
    Jan 26, 2010
    When you play this game you will know you are playing a well made and polished game. If you thought uncharted 2 was game of the year quality then this game will go far beyond that if you love a thrilling story a great challenge multiple endings and involving main and side quests this is the perfect game for you
  88. ace02
    Jan 26, 2010
    What was bad or lacking on the first ME,was implemented or fixed on ME 2. Great story,fast-pace action and a cast of vivid and wonderful characters. One of the best Xbox 360 RPG games.
  89. DavidW.
    Jan 26, 2010
    One of the best games I have ever played. ME2 is immersive in a way I've never seen before and tackles some of the darker attributes of humanity. Great game.
  90. DavidH.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Absolutely amazing game. Better than the first one in every way - and the first one was one of my favorite games of all time. This is a labor of love for every sci-fan out there. And even if you don't like sci-fi, this game is so fast paced, cinematic and well designed you'd be cheating yourself not to at least give it a shot. Thank you Bioware!
  91. MichaelH.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Your hearing it hear first GOTY 2010 is Mass Effect 2. I've been playing since 12:30 am it is now 8:42 and im hooked. Everything that you didn't like or had any problem with in the first Mass Effect has been changed, retooled ,and made alot better. Excuse me i Have ME2 withdraw if I take too long of a break from playing
  92. CarlB.
    Jan 26, 2010
    As brilliant for RPG's as Bayonetta is for it's genre, Mass Effect 2's fast pacing, tight gameplay mechanics, deep storyline, sharp graphics, and complex details all make for a gaming experience that sets the standard for 2010.
  93. HunterF.
    Jan 26, 2010
    This is the game of the year hands down and it's only January the art direction in this game is superb, and fans of video games in general won't be disappointed! The best game I've ever played hands down. This is a must-play for any one with an xbox 360. Games like this are the reasons we all love gaming!
  94. SamJ.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Truly an amazing game with unmatched atmosphere and cinematic appeal. Every conversation feels like a cutscene, every mission you complete feels like it brings you closer to your goals. The story, characters, dialog, design and gameplay are all magnificent. If there's one game to buy for your 360, it's Mass Effect 2.
  95. TaylorH.
    Jan 26, 2010
    From within the first few minutes of booting up the game, it is apparent how much work went into this game. Incredible visuals, NO graphical "texture loads", fast-paced combat that provides more versatility than you usually know what to do with, and a storyline that makes 90% of any other Xbox 360 (or PS3 for that matter) pale in comparison. Mix in a deep customization option, and events From within the first few minutes of booting up the game, it is apparent how much work went into this game. Incredible visuals, NO graphical "texture loads", fast-paced combat that provides more versatility than you usually know what to do with, and a storyline that makes 90% of any other Xbox 360 (or PS3 for that matter) pale in comparison. Mix in a deep customization option, and events that carry over from the first game into the second, and you get on epic adventure that you will want to experience again and again and again. 4 play-thrus were needed on Mass Effect 1 for me. With Mass Effect 2, even 6 probably wont be enough. Epic gameplay. Tightly polished graphics, audio and storytelling. Engaging characters and memorable events. 10/10, without a doubt. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Mass Effect 2 overcomes its few gameplay weaknesses with a fantastic weave of dynamic combat, lavish presentation, and engaging character and weapon customization. But for all the myriad improvements that make Mass Effect 2's visuals so appealing and its combat so exhilarating, it's ultimately the way it moves us that makes it so memorable. [Feb 2010, p.56]
  2. games(TM)
    Despite all of the ways Mass Effect 2 is more engaging to play and explore, after 35 remarkable hours it was the characters that stayed with us… Game of the year in January? Oh, go on then. [Feb 2010, p.112]
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Both an astonishing RPG and confident shooter, Mass Effect 2 is daring, shocking and often awe-inspiring in its use of choice. This is the future of storytelling in videogames. [Issue#, p.85]