8.1

1. Nov 12, 2014
    This is the best DLC I've ever played. It's exactly the right way to wrap up this series. Too bad they didn't have more of this in ME3's ending!

It's full of charm, wit, and emotion. A last hurrah with your crew. Perfect, if not still overpriced.
  2. Feb 12, 2014
    The Citadel DLC is the best of what I loved about ME2. It drops the dark death mood of ME3 and brings a fresh feeling to the entry with a good bit of comedy. I have been smiling the entire time I have been playing. You face a new villain who turns out to be not at all what you expect them to throw at you. Getting to see Wrex and Shepard dancing in tuxes at a casino and getting tattedThe Citadel DLC is the best of what I loved about ME2. It drops the dark death mood of ME3 and brings a fresh feeling to the entry with a good bit of comedy. I have been smiling the entire time I have been playing. You face a new villain who turns out to be not at all what you expect them to throw at you. Getting to see Wrex and Shepard dancing in tuxes at a casino and getting tatted up are just a couple of the cool things you get to see. Expand
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    Just great. At times it has a great deal of comedy, but without abusing it, leading to a conclusion that, at least with my decisions took a emotional ending, which is perfect for what the ending of Mass Effect 3 will bring.

Simplemente genial. Por momentos posee grandes dosis de comedia, pero sin abusar de ella, llevando a una conclusion que, al menos con mis decisiones daba un final emotivo, que queda perfecto para lo que el final de Mass Effect 3 nos depara.
  4. Jun 2, 2013
    Why could they not have ended the trilogy with this ending? It would have been a great send off for the series. It provided humor, a sense of closure and a lot of content that provided a good amount of replay value. Oh to go back in time and wiped away the original ending and tied this in as the post climax finish.
  5. May 30, 2013
    Mass Effect 3: Citadel may very well be the biggest and sloppiest piece of fan service I've ever seen. And every Mass Effect fan should embrace it. It is the last piece of new content we'll ever see for Shepard and his crew, so if you were as pulled in by Mass Effect as I was, you will love this whole damn DLC.
    It may not be as story relevant as Shadow Broker, but it captures what every
    It may not be as story relevant as Shadow Broker, but it captures what every fan would want as a goodbye to the best piece of sci-fi in the last decade.
    I can't fit anymore praise into this review! GO PLAY IT!
  6. May 29, 2013
    Best DLC I've ever played for a game hands down. Sweet send off to the trilogy as well. I absolutely loved every second of this! Side story was good, but the fan service that Bioware provided with this DLC just shows how much the care about the fans!
  7. May 26, 2013
    Probably the best $15 I ever spent on DLC. The amount of content is vast; I spent two straight days on it.

You get a very interesting story with lots of funny moments, a huge side area with games (including a combat simulator done right this time that'll keep you busy for several hours) and join-ups for the whole crew, another important opportunity for multiple join-ups with everyone, and the best writing of the DLC. The humor just keeps coming throughout, and is extremely well-done. The last scene gives great closure.

You need to get this.
  8. May 18, 2013
    The Best DLC in Mass Effect History, and the most funniest one. Awesome Soundtrack, a great last time meet up with your Team along with a satisfying story. The DLC takes up 4 hours to 6 hours which is a fine amount of time. I strongly suggest getting it, this will be your last goodbye to Shepard and his team. Almost like as if you never wanted it to end. But it does have it's own smallThe Best DLC in Mass Effect History, and the most funniest one. Awesome Soundtrack, a great last time meet up with your Team along with a satisfying story. The DLC takes up 4 hours to 6 hours which is a fine amount of time. I strongly suggest getting it, this will be your last goodbye to Shepard and his team. Almost like as if you never wanted it to end. But it does have it's own small problems, which are only the bugs and glitches during cut scenes. Nothing too major that ruin the experience. This is a must own. Expand
  9. May 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played ME3 for the first time with Extended Cut and Citadel installed, so it is hard for me to consider the DLC from an individual standpoint. That being said, I cannot imagine having played without it. The DLC allowed me as a living person to have an avenue to say goodbye to these characters I spent so much time with. The action parts are great, evoking the overwhelming numbers feeling from ME2 and giving you the sense of accomplishment gained from completing a major piece of the storyline. This is not the true gem of the DLC pack though, the party afterwards is. When I originally got the party mission I thought it was going to be pretty cheesy, but the party itself ended up being a touching goodbye from the ME3 team to the fans just as much as it was a goodbye from the characters to Shepard. The combat sim provides a replay value as well as the ability to fight with some characters who didn't quite make it to the party for ME3 also. As far as DLC, I can only say I wish I understood how the team saw the game as complete without it. It is definitely needed in order to obtain some closure on the subject, which is definitely needed when presenting an ending that doesn't exactly evoke the warm and fuzzies. Expand
  10. Apr 25, 2013
    As I have played all of the Mass Effect and loved them, I had high hopes for this, and I was not disappointed. I had a big grin on my face throughout this (apart from the beginning, where I was an adept and every enemy had shields, and I had no way of killing shields) The references are great, and this is well worth the price of admission.
  11. Apr 25, 2013
    While the game took some time to actually let me access the DLC for Citadel, I found that the return of so many familiar faces in a more lengthy format was a grace.Coming from someone who has been gaming for over 20 years I can say that this was rather satisfying for my taste.
  12. Apr 16, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 Citadel is what all of Mass Effect 3 should' have been. It's smart, it's funny, and it offers a great way to end one of the greatest trilogies of the gaming world.
  13. Mar 26, 2013
    Not the most serious DLC, but I enjoyed it because we already know how it all ends anyway. Story was fun and the additions to the citadel were worth exploring. The Armax Arena was the best part, it was fun to experiment with different weapons without the worry of being stuck with a bad gun for an entire mission.
  14. Mar 23, 2013
    It's really rather a shame that this is to be the last ME3 DLC; they've finally managed to hit their stride. Leviathan was an example of great storytelling. Omega, high creativity. Citadel isn't fantastic storytelling but it is creative. But, more than that, it's a cheeseburger for Mass Effect 3: not highly nutritious or haute cuisine, but delicious and enjoyable. Make no mistake, CitadelIt's really rather a shame that this is to be the last ME3 DLC; they've finally managed to hit their stride. Leviathan was an example of great storytelling. Omega, high creativity. Citadel isn't fantastic storytelling but it is creative. But, more than that, it's a cheeseburger for Mass Effect 3: not highly nutritious or haute cuisine, but delicious and enjoyable. Make no mistake, Citadel isn't about epic storytelling or redefining genres. Citadel is about fun, pure and simple. For a few glorious hours, Mass Effect 3 sheds its cloak of gloom and galactic doom to just kick back and have fun. For the first time ever, you don't fight with the two squaddies of your choice, you get the whole team. Military discipline is right out the window as your team bickers, one-liners, and plows through the opposition. The writing is bang on, such that the chatter of your team, which could easily become annoying, is fresh, fun, and reminiscent of the best buddy films and military comedies. The new enemies of the DLC are engaging and well-balanced. The plot is, yes, a little hackneyed, but it's forgivable and gives a new slant on ME enemies all around (after all, haven't you had your fill of splinter groups yet?). Plus, you might see Wrex in a tux...what Mass Effect fan wouldn't look forward to that? Much like the Pinnacle Station DLC in the original ME, Citadel installs an infinite trainer that lets you practice, field-test weapon and armor configurations, and see how hard you can push yourself. Best of all, though, for the first time ever you can enjoy some downtime with your team. Have a party, enjoy some time off. Hey, you've earned it; you're out there saving the galaxy and all, so surely you've racked up some vacation time. There are some shortcomings in this pack, primarily its length. The entire "campaign" can be wrapped in about five hours, but there's easily another few hours' worth of content that's introduced alongside the campaign. If you're unwilling to suspend the ambiance of the game and just plunge into some pointless fun, you'll be unhappy with this pack; get this only if you want to have some lighthearted fun in the Mass Effect universe. But for those who want to have a lot of laughs with the Normandy crew, this is the way to go, no question. You will laugh yourself sick. A solid nine out of ten for the funloving comedy that is the final Mass Effect 3 DLC. Expand
  15. Mar 20, 2013
    This is the happy, bittersweet ending we all wanted for Mass Effect, or at least the closest thing to one. It doesn't change the ending, nor does it add anything to it. It's simply an extremely well done send off for some of the most loved characters of any modern video game.

The first half of this dlc is combat focused and has a hilariously awesome antagonist (I won't spoil it for you).
    They give you a whole new area of the citadel to explore filled with old beloved characters, as well as an apartment for Shepard to hang out with all his friends during downtime. And there will be a lot of downtime later on, why not throw a party?

If you are even remotely a mass effect fan, this DLC is unquestionably one of the most fun to play. It's humor is some of the best bioware has ever put out and would be a complete shame to miss if you're a fan.
  16. Mar 20, 2013
    If you played through the entire trilogy or started with me3, you owe it to yourself to pick up citadel. Throwing a party for your squad mates, an exciting campaign, and exploring new sections of the citadel is what makes it so great and its a proper send off to the franchise
  17. Mar 19, 2013
    This DLC is fun, simply because it is what it is. It doesn't try to take itself serious, and it gives most fans exactly what they need in order to say goodbye to this outstanding series. The teamwork and camaraderie that we experience during the all too short Citadel mission is simply wonderful, and although I do feel that the $15 asking price is a bit expensive, I can't say I regretThis DLC is fun, simply because it is what it is. It doesn't try to take itself serious, and it gives most fans exactly what they need in order to say goodbye to this outstanding series. The teamwork and camaraderie that we experience during the all too short Citadel mission is simply wonderful, and although I do feel that the $15 asking price is a bit expensive, I can't say I regret spending it, since this DLC gave me what I needed in order to properly say goodbye to my beloved teammates. Expand
  18. Mar 18, 2013
    Bioware have eventually gone back to what they do best and remembered that this was a Space Opera first and an action shooter second. The focus has shifted back to the squad and the relationships that players built up over the trilogy and has given some closure to those that needed it. This is a less serious DLC with tongue-in-cheek humour which Bioware knows how to do very well. ThingsBioware have eventually gone back to what they do best and remembered that this was a Space Opera first and an action shooter second. The focus has shifted back to the squad and the relationships that players built up over the trilogy and has given some closure to those that needed it. This is a less serious DLC with tongue-in-cheek humour which Bioware knows how to do very well. Things like the arena gives the game a reason to keep playing and lets you stay with your Shepard a little longer. The plot was entertaining with lots of little nods and new facts and features for the player. A beautiful end to Shepard's story and possible the best DLC to date. Expand
  19. Mar 17, 2013
    There it is, the last Mass Effect 3 DLC. After it was revealed it had quite high expectations, because though I am now satisfied with the Extended Cut Ending the Omega and Leviathan DLCs didn't really knock my socks off and I felt like I wasted money. What can I say It was really worth it. I don't want to spoiler, so: The story of the DLC is very much of a sidestory, with no connectionsThere it is, the last Mass Effect 3 DLC. After it was revealed it had quite high expectations, because though I am now satisfied with the Extended Cut Ending the Omega and Leviathan DLCs didn't really knock my socks off and I felt like I wasted money. What can I say It was really worth it. I don't want to spoiler, so: The story of the DLC is very much of a sidestory, with no connections to the Reapers Cerberus etc. What sounds like a blemish is in reality a feature: The DLCs doesn't take itself too serious and you spend much of your time laughing and giggling about many little jokes and hints (especially after the main DLC storyline).

It felt like the developers could now finally implement all the small little details in the game they wanted to do in the main game, but had no time for. Only for this reason you really feel passion put into this final chapter the Citadel DLCs is worth buying for a Mass Effect Fan.
  20. Mar 13, 2013
    This is a great way to end the Mass Effect trilogy. I really enjoyed the fact that they focused on story and relationships more in this expansion than in previous releases. Kudos to Bioware!
  21. Mar 12, 2013
    This must have been made post MF3 ending because this is a gigantic step up, its what people truly loved about the series; it's characters. No reapers, no Cerberus, no foolish gun game play; just well written dialogue.
  22. Mar 11, 2013
    If you fell in love with these characters like I did, since way back in ME1... then you need to get this DLC. The combat is ok... but just ok. It's the story and getting one last chance to roll with Garrus, Wrex and the gang.

Oh, and it's funny! Actual, real laughs and not just by videogame standards.
  23. Mar 9, 2013
    This DLC, best played, I think, after you've already finished the game, is one of the best ME missions. Bittersweet, because you know what lies in the future for the crew but there's so much joy actually while playing. For those of us who valued the crew and their relationships to Shep, this final time with them is funny, sad, exciting and deep. It seems pretty clear that Bioware paidThis DLC, best played, I think, after you've already finished the game, is one of the best ME missions. Bittersweet, because you know what lies in the future for the crew but there's so much joy actually while playing. For those of us who valued the crew and their relationships to Shep, this final time with them is funny, sad, exciting and deep. It seems pretty clear that Bioware paid special attention to the forums, and decided to give us something that would finish Mass Effect in the kind of way that they actually couldn't 1 year ago. I felt good after the EC ending, but found Omega and Leviathan okay but not great. Now with Citadel, I think that I've had closure on the greatest fictional series I've ever played. Expand
  24. Mar 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect was the first series I fell in love to the grave. It was very unstandard view at all RPG genre. Very simplify, more shooter then role-playing, but very fascinating and thinked over. I loved every character, every scene and story. "Citadel" is the best DLC ever ME saw. You have last chance to see your friends and beloved. After all it shows what do Shepard himself. Clone couldn't replace him Shepard is formulated by people who surround him, not pathos and epic. Garrus, Liara, Tali... It's impossible to imagine main hero without of anyone of them. It will be very sad without him, but I believe, that Bioware will make new main hero nothing worse then Shepard. In that case I'm sure everybody will play and replay ME like original trilogy. Expand
  25. Mar 8, 2013
    This is fanservice, pure and simple. But it is done with such care that it is impossible to not walk away from this DLC feeling sentimental over all the great times you as a player have had with the game. It contains not only the funniest moments in the entirety of Mass Effect 3, and possibly the entire Mass Effect series, but also the greatest tearjerkers.This DLC is BioWare showing,This is fanservice, pure and simple. But it is done with such care that it is impossible to not walk away from this DLC feeling sentimental over all the great times you as a player have had with the game. It contains not only the funniest moments in the entirety of Mass Effect 3, and possibly the entire Mass Effect series, but also the greatest tearjerkers.This DLC is BioWare showing, despite the ending fiasco, that they do still love the series, and the fans that brought them this far. This is, at last, the ending that the greatest trilogy in gaming history deserves. Expand
  26. Mar 7, 2013
    Citadel is an upbeat last hurrah for the Mass Effect trilogy. Its large and varied amount of content sets a precedent for DLC in a non-sandbox game. Anyone still upset that the ending wasn't what they'd dreamt up probably won't be able to enjoy this adventure, which reminds us why we fell in love with Mass Effect to begin with.
  27. Mar 7, 2013
    This DLC is a true fan service. Not much more, but a good one. When Bioware said it pulled in the writing team on this it did. All through the game characters/NPC make references to past events or internet meme's. The story/plot is decent, but doesn't add much value to the overall main story of the game unless you view new item mods/weapons as important.

My only complaint... why was

My only complaint... why was something with all these features not included at release? Have a hub like this was a crucial part of the first two games, and this would have only made the release version of ME3 even better. Not to mention they could have easily branched off more DLC from the Citadel location.

Anyone who has played all the Mass Effect games... with multiple play throughs, this is must have DLC.
  28. Mar 7, 2013
    Wow... Really. This is a DLC that should have been there in the game from the start, then people would not have been so picky with the ending. This gave us fans closure and time we wanted with out squadmates. I would like to point out that EVERY SINGLE squad member that has survived in the previous games are with in this DLC. What a fantastic piece of work Bioware, I forgive you for thatWow... Really. This is a DLC that should have been there in the game from the start, then people would not have been so picky with the ending. This gave us fans closure and time we wanted with out squadmates. I would like to point out that EVERY SINGLE squad member that has survived in the previous games are with in this DLC. What a fantastic piece of work Bioware, I forgive you for that ending :).

This DLC was very fun to play through and it also took me about 4 hours to finish it fully. There are lots of Easter eggs and historical moments in the DLC so don't rush through it.

10/10. It really stirred up some feelings inside me and now I am going to play the whole series over again. This DLC is arguably one of the best Mass Effect DLCs ever made its on par with Liar of the Shadow Broker from ME2. GET IT!
  29. Mar 6, 2013
    Not only the best Mass Effect DLC, but just some of the best released add on content period. Bioware has collected it's universe of characters for one final hurrah and it's the best way to go out. An intriguing story that only gets better from when it starts, Mass Effect at it's finest. Any fan of the series will love this.
  30. Mar 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. From the clever writing to a out of a left field plot twist this DLC has it all. The DLC has three major functions so ill touch on all of them separately

First off is the Story portion: Right from the beginning you know this is going to be entertaining. Clever funny writing at its best, intense typical action we've been in a thousand times (which never fails to entertain), and a "plot twist" that kinda feels like a left field. Without spoiling anything this twist is the only downside to the whole thing. It feels kinda small and don't do much for emotion regarding it. But aside from that the whole story itself has great moments. As advertised Wrex returns as part of your squad and so does the carnage. From everyone poking fun at each other during a firefight, to a serious brotherhood undertone it seems to set. This DLC is a must buy just for the whole "squad friendship" it brings. I'd be lying if i said i didn't have a smile on my face the whole time. And at the end you can throw a party and invite everyone to it for one last grand moment. And when i say everyone...i do mean every single person. From Jacob to Zaeed and everyone in between. And its always funny to see Tali drunk again. If your a fan of any of the characters then get this just for the cameos. Your apartment and squad moments: After the story you unlock the apartment completely and can "decorate" it through purchases. Now the customization is about as varied as the room you have on the Normandy but its nice that it has this feature. Also as you complete other main missions you unlock what i like to call "Squad moments" *small spoilers incoming if you haven't played the main game yet* These range from a recording from Mordin, a memorial/funeral for thane, fighting with Jack in the combat sim, playing a arcade game with Jacob, helping out Zaeed, and much more hilarity that is too good to pass up. And yes you can rekindle relationships with people no longer on your squad. (like Jack or Miranda

Side Activity's: Now Bioware could of just wrapped up with what was mentioned above and called it a day. And on the whole part I would agreed this would of been a good DLC. But they took it a step further to add even more replay value. You have a casino to bet your money in various games with. A Arcade area with three different games to play with. And the old combat simulator just like the Pinnacle Station back in ME1. This will allow you to unlock different enemy's from Geth, Reapers and even a "special" enemy. You can set different locations and rules to up your score or lower it depending on how it hurts/helps you. And as a awesome bonus you are able to squad up with anyone *that is still alive* as you unlock them. Fight side by side with Grunt and Jack again even if its just a Simulation game. And yes they do come with their own talent trees as well. They also have these "Fan challenges" where you get emails from fans of yours daring you to take the next game with no ammo or med-gel. Its quite fun to do these things and addicting to say the least. Conclusion: From a good fan service to the characters we know and love. To funny moments that cannot be topped in video game writing. To well done side activities that will keep me coming back to play well after this DLC's release. Regardless of the infamous "ending" for the main game this DLC needs to be picked up if you remotely call yourself a Mass Effect fan.

1. Apr 4, 2013
    It’s astonishing just how much content is packed in here.
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    Citadel is fan service at its worst, but Mass Effect at its best. Clever dialogue, heart-warming callbacks, and enough content to make it worth the $15 price tag make Mass Effect: Citadel a worthy goodbye to a cast of characters that forever shaped gaming history.
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    Seriously, the only way this could be any better were if it ended on a freeze-frame of Shepard punching the air, accompanied by Simple Minds’ ‘Don’t You Forget About Me’.