Mass Effect 3: Citadel Xbox 360

8.2

1. Aug 15, 2017
    This was an absolutely amazing DLC, while many fans are probably pissed that it doesn't change the ending, and that this DLC doesn't quite fit into the whole terrible 'OMG REPURS GUN KIL US ALL' thing it was very well done. The references to previous games were enjoyable and I genuinely enjoyed the entirety of the DLC. For the 7 hours of gameplay I felt the rush I felt when I was playingThis was an absolutely amazing DLC, while many fans are probably pissed that it doesn't change the ending, and that this DLC doesn't quite fit into the whole terrible 'OMG REPURS GUN KIL US ALL' thing it was very well done. The references to previous games were enjoyable and I genuinely enjoyed the entirety of the DLC. For the 7 hours of gameplay I felt the rush I felt when I was playing Mass Effect 2 again, on top of all of this, it was absolutely f*cking hilarious. Expand
  2. Apr 30, 2013
    the story is interesting and fun to play. i laughed a few time and truly enjoyed the gameplay. amazing DLC for me to say final goodbye to this franchise. the franchise had so much potential....what a waste..
  3. Mar 23, 2013
    It's really rather a shame that this is to be the last ME3 DLC; they've finally managed to hit their stride. Leviathan was an example of great storytelling. Omega, high creativity. Citadel isn't fantastic storytelling but it is creative. But, more than that, it's a cheeseburger for Mass Effect 3: not highly nutritious or haute cuisine, but delicious and enjoyable. Make no mistake, CitadelIt's really rather a shame that this is to be the last ME3 DLC; they've finally managed to hit their stride. Leviathan was an example of great storytelling. Omega, high creativity. Citadel isn't fantastic storytelling but it is creative. But, more than that, it's a cheeseburger for Mass Effect 3: not highly nutritious or haute cuisine, but delicious and enjoyable. Make no mistake, Citadel isn't about epic storytelling or redefining genres. Citadel is about fun, pure and simple. For a few glorious hours, Mass Effect 3 sheds its cloak of gloom and galactic doom to just kick back and have fun. For the first time ever, you don't fight with the two squaddies of your choice, you get the whole team. Military discipline is right out the window as your team bickers, one-liners, and plows through the opposition. The writing is bang on, such that the chatter of your team, which could easily become annoying, is fresh, fun, and reminiscent of the best buddy films and military comedies. The new enemies of the DLC are engaging and well-balanced. The plot is, yes, a little hackneyed, but it's forgivable and gives a new slant on ME enemies all around (after all, haven't you had your fill of splinter groups yet?). Plus, you might see Wrex in a tux...what Mass Effect fan wouldn't look forward to that? Much like the Pinnacle Station DLC in the original ME, Citadel installs an infinite trainer that lets you practice, field-test weapon and armor configurations, and see how hard you can push yourself. Best of all, though, for the first time ever you can enjoy some downtime with your team. Have a party, enjoy some time off. Hey, you've earned it; you're out there saving the galaxy and all, so surely you've racked up some vacation time. There are some shortcomings in this pack, primarily its length. The entire "campaign" can be wrapped in about five hours, but there's easily another few hours' worth of content that's introduced alongside the campaign. If you're unwilling to suspend the ambiance of the game and just plunge into some pointless fun, you'll be unhappy with this pack; get this only if you want to have some lighthearted fun in the Mass Effect universe. But for those who want to have a lot of laughs with the Normandy crew, this is the way to go, no question. You will laugh yourself sick. A solid nine out of ten for the funloving comedy that is the final Mass Effect 3 DLC. Expand
  4. Mar 6, 2013
    This is fan service at its best. I applaud Bioware for finding a common ground. They recognized the love their fans have for their characters and in turn want to give the fans what they want but at the same time don't want to sacrifice their artistic vision. How to give their fans more of the interpersonal relationships, quell some of the missing interactions, and make a compelling dlc? IThis is fan service at its best. I applaud Bioware for finding a common ground. They recognized the love their fans have for their characters and in turn want to give the fans what they want but at the same time don't want to sacrifice their artistic vision. How to give their fans more of the interpersonal relationships, quell some of the missing interactions, and make a compelling dlc? I think they found it here. There's two parts to this dlc: a mission and the relationship building. Plus numerous side gams including an arena to practice for multiplayer and for completionists to conquer. It's important to mention, the area doesn't steal locations from multiplayer, but instead offers unique locales and and challenges. The mission is excellent: packed with humor, witty banter, new enemies, and new environments. It's fairly linear and slightly cliche, but pokes fun at itself. After playing through each game in the series multiple times, listening to the discourse on the final mission and controlling Shep felt like being among old friend that I probably won't be seeing again. It's the perfect end to the trilogy and even though I'm not happy with the actual ending, I feel like I can put Commander Shephard and his squad to rest and move on to a new story and a new universe... After about 6 more play throughs... Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2013
    Not only the best Mass Effect DLC, but just some of the best released add on content period. Bioware has collected it's universe of characters for one final hurrah and it's the best way to go out. An intriguing story that only gets better from when it starts, Mass Effect at it's finest. Any fan of the series will love this.
  6. Nov 12, 2014
    This is the best DLC I've ever played. It's exactly the right way to wrap up this series. Too bad they didn't have more of this in ME3's ending!

It's full of charm, wit, and emotion. A last hurrah with your crew. Perfect, if not still overpriced.
  7. Mar 18, 2013
    Bioware have eventually gone back to what they do best and remembered that this was a Space Opera first and an action shooter second. The focus has shifted back to the squad and the relationships that players built up over the trilogy and has given some closure to those that needed it. This is a less serious DLC with tongue-in-cheek humour which Bioware knows how to do very well. ThingsBioware have eventually gone back to what they do best and remembered that this was a Space Opera first and an action shooter second. The focus has shifted back to the squad and the relationships that players built up over the trilogy and has given some closure to those that needed it. This is a less serious DLC with tongue-in-cheek humour which Bioware knows how to do very well. Things like the arena gives the game a reason to keep playing and lets you stay with your Shepard a little longer. The plot was entertaining with lots of little nods and new facts and features for the player. A beautiful end to Shepard's story and possible the best DLC to date. Expand
  8. May 11, 2013
    This DLC is a great conclusion to Mass Effect 3.

At first I was always wary of DLCs whose price is over $10 because LotSB set the bar of what a $10 DLC should look like, but Citadel really offered a ton of content, unlike that $15 piece of crap called Omega (did not buy, did not play, heard it was crap). Yes I understand, story this, combat that, but Citadel really offered what
    This DLC is a great conclusion to Mass Effect 3.

Yes I understand, story this, combat that, but Citadel really offered what Bioware has been missing all along, the living, breathing atmosphere all in the party and interactions with the squad.

While it doesn't restore my trust to Bioware (I still won't pre-order DA3) or change my mind about ME3 as a whole (I still think it's crap, not just the ending), it is good when standing alone, and it can make me forget a little bit of their antics.
  9. Mar 9, 2013
    Well here we are, at the end of the Mass Effect Trilogy. If you have followed these characters since the first Mass Effect, Citadel gives you a final chance to say goodbye, through a fun two-three hour mission, tons of character interaction and romance, as well as Casino and Arcade mini-games and a very enjoyable Combat Arena.

The DLC suffers from the main game really. The tone is

The DLC suffers from the main game really. The tone is really comedic and doesn't really fit with the rest of the game, but you can always treat this as something that happens after the ending, which puts those issues to ease. Overall, the DLC is well worth the 15 dollars for the ton of quality content you get out of it.

It's been a good ride.
  10. May 18, 2013
    The Best DLC in Mass Effect History, and the most funniest one. Awesome Soundtrack, a great last time meet up with your Team along with a satisfying story. The DLC takes up 4 hours to 6 hours which is a fine amount of time. I strongly suggest getting it, this will be your last goodbye to Shepard and his team. Almost like as if you never wanted it to end. But it does have it's own smallThe Best DLC in Mass Effect History, and the most funniest one. Awesome Soundtrack, a great last time meet up with your Team along with a satisfying story. The DLC takes up 4 hours to 6 hours which is a fine amount of time. I strongly suggest getting it, this will be your last goodbye to Shepard and his team. Almost like as if you never wanted it to end. But it does have it's own small problems, which are only the bugs and glitches during cut scenes. Nothing too major that ruin the experience. This is a must own. Expand
  11. Mar 20, 2013
    If you played through the entire trilogy or started with me3, you owe it to yourself to pick up citadel. Throwing a party for your squad mates, an exciting campaign, and exploring new sections of the citadel is what makes it so great and its a proper send off to the franchise
  12. Mar 7, 2013
    This DLC is a true fan service. Not much more, but a good one. When Bioware said it pulled in the writing team on this it did. All through the game characters/NPC make references to past events or internet meme's. The story/plot is decent, but doesn't add much value to the overall main story of the game unless you view new item mods/weapons as important.

My only complaint... why was

My only complaint... why was something with all these features not included at release? Have a hub like this was a crucial part of the first two games, and this would have only made the release version of ME3 even better. Not to mention they could have easily branched off more DLC from the Citadel location.

Anyone who has played all the Mass Effect games... with multiple play throughs, this is must have DLC.
  13. May 11, 2013
    This DLC is great. It is definitely the best DLC for ME3 maybe but Javik. This DLC's best feature is humor and taking gamers' jokes and putting them into the game as well. The only few problems I have are that it doesn't change the story at all (the infamous ending) and it's story isn't all that great. However everything else is awesome. However a little overpriced if you ask me.
  14. Mar 6, 2013
    This is, by far, the best DLC for ME3, and the second best of the franchise (first is shadow broker). This does so many things right. No spoilers, but the DLC can be conveniently divided into four distinct areas:

1) There is a side story arc that will take ~2-5 hours to complete. The story is interesting (especially since it doesn't involve Reapers, Cerberus, or Collectors (I won't say more in order to avoid spoilers). This doesn't just feel like a filler story, but is rather thought out. Characters from previous games are brought back, and many background stories (such as the First Contact War) are given more context. 2) The second component of the DLC is similar to the Hearthfire expansion of Skyrim (although not as involved by any means). This allows Shepard to obtain and customize an apartment on the Citadel. Kind of a fun experience, and it allows for Admiral Anderson's background story to be more deeply investigated.
    3) The third component of the DLC revolves around the fact that it opens an entirely new district in the Citadel for exploration. There are many things to do, but the most notable are the Casino, Video Arcade, and Combat Simulator. The casino has a variety of games to play to gamble some of your in game credits. The video arcade has a handful of simple games to play. The combat simulator is one of the best additions in the DLC. It resembles the Pinnacle Station DLC in this regard from the first game, but is much more customizable it draws heavily from the multiplayer of the game. This mode allows you to play with squad members from ME1 and ME2 which is awesome.
    4) While not a separate component, this DLC lets you interact with characters from other games throughout fighting along side them and interacting with them. Characters such as Miranda, Jack, and Thane, will allow for additional romance options (if you romanced them in ME2). Final thoughts this DLC is amazing. The small story doesn't feel wasted. The extra district in the Citadel is fun to explore (especially the combat simulator). The apartment design is probably the least appealing part of this, and that is simply because it is so simplistic. The interactions with your crew- both past and current are very well done. Overall, the DLC is excellent. The writing is also very good and inserts a LOT of humor (which is a welcome relief to the sometimes tense mood of the game). I would highly recommend it and even though it is the most expensive DLC, it is by far worth the $15 asking price.
  15. Mar 19, 2013
    This DLC is fun, simply because it is what it is. It doesn't try to take itself serious, and it gives most fans exactly what they need in order to say goodbye to this outstanding series. The teamwork and camaraderie that we experience during the all too short Citadel mission is simply wonderful, and although I do feel that the $15 asking price is a bit expensive, I can't say I regretThis DLC is fun, simply because it is what it is. It doesn't try to take itself serious, and it gives most fans exactly what they need in order to say goodbye to this outstanding series. The teamwork and camaraderie that we experience during the all too short Citadel mission is simply wonderful, and although I do feel that the $15 asking price is a bit expensive, I can't say I regret spending it, since this DLC gave me what I needed in order to properly say goodbye to my beloved teammates. Expand
  16. Mar 7, 2013
    Citadel is an upbeat last hurrah for the Mass Effect trilogy. Its large and varied amount of content sets a precedent for DLC in a non-sandbox game. Anyone still upset that the ending wasn't what they'd dreamt up probably won't be able to enjoy this adventure, which reminds us why we fell in love with Mass Effect to begin with.
  17. Mar 20, 2013
    This is the happy, bittersweet ending we all wanted for Mass Effect, or at least the closest thing to one. It doesn't change the ending, nor does it add anything to it. It's simply an extremely well done send off for some of the most loved characters of any modern video game.

The first half of this dlc is combat focused and has a hilariously awesome antagonist (I won't spoil it for you).
    They give you a whole new area of the citadel to explore filled with old beloved characters, as well as an apartment for Shepard to hang out with all his friends during downtime. And there will be a lot of downtime later on, why not throw a party?

If you are even remotely a mass effect fan, this DLC is unquestionably one of the most fun to play. It's humor is some of the best bioware has ever put out and would be a complete shame to miss if you're a fan.
  18. Mar 9, 2013
    While I didn't hate the ending to Mass Effect 3 as much as everyone else I will say this is a more fitting conclusion to the trilogy (and best activated as far into the game as possible). It's also very meta-heavy and the humor completely off-sets the tone of Mass Effect 3's core story and will obviously not be to everyone's taste. Citadel's split into two parts: a main three-part missionWhile I didn't hate the ending to Mass Effect 3 as much as everyone else I will say this is a more fitting conclusion to the trilogy (and best activated as far into the game as possible). It's also very meta-heavy and the humor completely off-sets the tone of Mass Effect 3's core story and will obviously not be to everyone's taste. Citadel's split into two parts: a main three-part mission (which can take 1-2 hours to complete) then an epilogue which can feature all the surviving Normandy crew from the first two Mass Effect games. Just spending time with these characters again made the $15 price worth it for me and the only down-side is I don't really want to go back to the game proper after completing Citadel. Expand
  19. Jul 8, 2013
    Just great. At times it has a great deal of comedy, but without abusing it, leading to a conclusion that, at least with my decisions took a emotional ending, which is perfect for what the ending of Mass Effect 3 will bring.

Simplemente genial. Por momentos posee grandes dosis de comedia, pero sin abusar de ella, llevando a una conclusion que, al menos con mis decisiones daba un final emotivo, que queda perfecto para lo que el final de Mass Effect 3 nos depara.
  20. Jun 2, 2013
    Why could they not have ended the trilogy with this ending? It would have been a great send off for the series. It provided humor, a sense of closure and a lot of content that provided a good amount of replay value. Oh to go back in time and wiped away the original ending and tied this in as the post climax finish.
  21. Apr 16, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 Citadel is what all of Mass Effect 3 should' have been. It's smart, it's funny, and it offers a great way to end one of the greatest trilogies of the gaming world.
  22. Mar 9, 2013
    This DLC, best played, I think, after you've already finished the game, is one of the best ME missions. Bittersweet, because you know what lies in the future for the crew but there's so much joy actually while playing. For those of us who valued the crew and their relationships to Shep, this final time with them is funny, sad, exciting and deep. It seems pretty clear that Bioware paidThis DLC, best played, I think, after you've already finished the game, is one of the best ME missions. Bittersweet, because you know what lies in the future for the crew but there's so much joy actually while playing. For those of us who valued the crew and their relationships to Shep, this final time with them is funny, sad, exciting and deep. It seems pretty clear that Bioware paid special attention to the forums, and decided to give us something that would finish Mass Effect in the kind of way that they actually couldn't 1 year ago. I felt good after the EC ending, but found Omega and Leviathan okay but not great. Now with Citadel, I think that I've had closure on the greatest fictional series I've ever played. Expand
  23. May 29, 2013
    Best DLC I've ever played for a game hands down. Sweet send off to the trilogy as well. I absolutely loved every second of this! Side story was good, but the fan service that Bioware provided with this DLC just shows how much the care about the fans!
  24. Mar 12, 2013
    This must have been made post MF3 ending because this is a gigantic step up, its what people truly loved about the series; it's characters. No reapers, no Cerberus, no foolish gun game play; just well written dialogue.
  25. Mar 13, 2013
    This is a great way to end the Mass Effect trilogy. I really enjoyed the fact that they focused on story and relationships more in this expansion than in previous releases. Kudos to Bioware!
  26. Mar 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect was the first series I fell in love to the grave. It was very unstandard view at all RPG genre. Very simplify, more shooter then role-playing, but very fascinating and thinked over. I loved every character, every scene and story. "Citadel" is the best DLC ever ME saw. You have last chance to see your friends and beloved. After all it shows what do Shepard himself. Clone couldn't replace him Shepard is formulated by people who surround him, not pathos and epic. Garrus, Liara, Tali... It's impossible to imagine main hero without of anyone of them. It will be very sad without him, but I believe, that Bioware will make new main hero nothing worse then Shepard. In that case I'm sure everybody will play and replay ME like original trilogy. Expand
  27. Mar 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So Shepard crew are ordered to Citadel for shore leave. Once there you get an appartment (wont say from who). After which your thrust in to a plot in an attempt on Shepards life. Eventually the whole crew is involved. It turns out Shepard has an evil clone. So the story was pretty good. I found it in some ways reminisant of old Star Trek's good Kirk bad Kirk. The gun play was for the most part adiquite. The humor was so poking fun at everyone especially Shepard. It did not however detract from the story though. After all is said and done you can throw a party as well as mod your new house which you can revisit at any time. There are other things to do on this portion of Citadel. Casino, arcade, combat simulator and some mini missions. All of which I found to be a nice distraction of the glumness of the main story. No glitches or bugs that I saw on my playthrough. It also felt like a fond farewell episode of a well loved tv show. Very nice but kinda sad. I would very much recomend this. Its also reasonably priced for the size which is almost 4 gigs. Expand
  28. Apr 25, 2013
    While the game took some time to actually let me access the DLC for Citadel, I found that the return of so many familiar faces in a more lengthy format was a grace.Coming from someone who has been gaming for over 20 years I can say that this was rather satisfying for my taste.
  29. Mar 26, 2013
    Not the most serious DLC, but I enjoyed it because we already know how it all ends anyway. Story was fun and the additions to the citadel were worth exploring. The Armax Arena was the best part, it was fun to experiment with different weapons without the worry of being stuck with a bad gun for an entire mission.
  30. Mar 11, 2013
    If you fell in love with these characters like I did, since way back in ME1... then you need to get this DLC. The combat is ok... but just ok. It's the story and getting one last chance to roll with Garrus, Wrex and the gang.

Oh, and it's funny! Actual, real laughs and not just by videogame standards.

1. Apr 4, 2013
    It’s astonishing just how much content is packed in here.
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    Citadel is fan service at its worst, but Mass Effect at its best. Clever dialogue, heart-warming callbacks, and enough content to make it worth the $15 price tag make Mass Effect: Citadel a worthy goodbye to a cast of characters that forever shaped gaming history.
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    Seriously, the only way this could be any better were if it ended on a freeze-frame of Shepard punching the air, accompanied by Simple Minds’ ‘Don’t You Forget About Me’.