Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Xbox 360

6.8

1. Jul 4, 2012
    I liked it until I watched the other two main endings. There is a fourth, hidden ending, which is probably the the best of them all, as it actually makes sense, but even the hidden ending is way too short to be taken seriously. All of the main endings are EXACTLY the same, with just a slight variance in the why and how, but not enough to be significant as to explain hundreds of hours ofI liked it until I watched the other two main endings. There is a fourth, hidden ending, which is probably the the best of them all, as it actually makes sense, but even the hidden ending is way too short to be taken seriously. All of the main endings are EXACTLY the same, with just a slight variance in the why and how, but not enough to be significant as to explain hundreds of hours of previous gameplay. Ever since Bioware was taken over by EA, their games have played to some unknown quantity that some group of out of touch people think is what people want out of a game. It's depressing. Expand
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    It does try to save the ending and tries its best, but completely fixing the ending is simply impossible: that will require a full overhaul and at least some parts will have conflict with the ME3 game.

So unfortunately after their best effort, ME3's ending is still mediocre, as reflected in this score.
  3. Apr 30, 2013
    This sucks. While it's a must-buy now, for all the early changes, the "extended cut" of the ending is pretty much a slap in our faces. "Hey, recall all that stuff from ME3 without me? Well, *punch* you wanna forget about it or Guido and I come back, breaka your knees." It helps DURING the campaign, but the ending is still trash, still a let down, and the story boarding instead of CGI'ingThis sucks. While it's a must-buy now, for all the early changes, the "extended cut" of the ending is pretty much a slap in our faces. "Hey, recall all that stuff from ME3 without me? Well, *punch* you wanna forget about it or Guido and I come back, breaka your knees." It helps DURING the campaign, but the ending is still trash, still a let down, and the story boarding instead of CGI'ing is really lame. Very disappointed. Expand
  4. Jun 27, 2012
    Should've been in the game to begin with. This isn't the "Extended Cut" this is simply the "Complete Game Cut." Thanks for clearing up the WTF BioWare, but too little too late.
  5. Jun 28, 2012
    Not a bad effort, I admire the effort from Bioware especially as it is completely free of charge, I respect the fact that they listened to their fanbase and didn't try to cheat us out of our money. However, even though this is an improvement it still isn't what Bioware promised coming into Mass Effect 3, they said that every decision we made in this trilogy would effect what ending we gotNot a bad effort, I admire the effort from Bioware especially as it is completely free of charge, I respect the fact that they listened to their fanbase and didn't try to cheat us out of our money. However, even though this is an improvement it still isn't what Bioware promised coming into Mass Effect 3, they said that every decision we made in this trilogy would effect what ending we got and that is not the case which is why this only deserves an average score. Expand
  6. Jun 27, 2012
    The DLC dramatically improved from the incomplete mess of an ending that shipped with the game. That doesn't say much. The epilogue scenes do provide nice emotionally engaging visual easter eggs for long time fans in the finest tradition of RPG end credit slides. The basic incongruence between the three end choices and the heroic themes of the trilogy remain.

As ambivalent as I am

As ambivalent as I am towards this EC, I know that much outrage and emotionally draining battles between fans would have been avoided if this had been in the original game. This revised ending may or may not be enough to satisfy fans in the end but it will be the last word from the creative team on this issue. It's too early to know if the half finished tripe they shipped was indicative of what we can expect in future from Bioware or if they can return to the levels of KoToR. The most reasonable assumption is that they settle into a comfortable mediocrity of it's recent efforts like Dragon Age 2 and this extended cut.
  7. Jun 29, 2012
    This ending should be in game in first place. Some of major plot holes was patched in Extended Cut. One can say now game is fully finished product. But still I have expected MOAR from Bioware and Mass Effect franchise, at least comparing this ending with jaw dropping Suicide Mission from Mass Effect 2. All things considered next time I will wait before pre-ordering EA game.
  8. Aug 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't expect too much, and you won't be completely disappointed. I am not a software engineer, so I don't know if this is possible, but they should have just dropped the whole part with the catalyst kid and changed that. Even if it meant paying for a DLC. I would have happily paid money for a better ending. Beyond that, they do explain some of the most criticized points, like why Joker is fleeing. You can definitely tell they were trying to save money when making this. The awkward, cartoony slides of successful civilization and your allies are weird. They obviously didn't want to pull the graphics artists back into the studio for too long. There is more closure with the characters than there was before when you saw Joker staring at the new, Earth-like planet. This is isn't perfect, but Bioware tried to make the fans happy. I don't know why they ever stated that all your decisions would matter in the ending, because that is an unchangeable lie. The A, B, and C options are still the exact same. I really wish they would have tried harder originally because this doesn't make up for the overall disappointment, seeing as there is less than 6 minutes of new cutscenes. And these cutscenes are pretty much designed only to coverup the original black holes in the plot. Overall, just ok. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jun 27, 2012
    The most important aspect of the Extended Cut DLC is that BioWare didn't have to make it, nor did they have to make it for free. They could have crossed their arms and refused to change anything, but they instead acknowledged some of their fans' complaints and ultimately made the ending better.