3.4

1. Mar 6, 2012
    628 MB download means the content wasn't on the disc. Nice size expansion and bonus that they've included for real fans who bought the collector's edition.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    I can't wait for this. BioWare is honoring the fans by having their employees work overtime to provide such quality extra content. On Day One as well! They must've really wanted us to have a lot of content at launch!
  3. Mar 13, 2012
    I got this with my Collectors Edition for free... so I give it a 10 / 10. You guys are wigging out on some fanboy type behavior but you didn't even bother to pre-order the CE for an extra $20? That's your own fault.
  4. Mar 16, 2012
    An awesome DLC! A new squad member and and a new mission! I love downloadable content for Bioware games they have so much in them! New experience in a new way!
  5. Mar 8, 2012
    You guys are being childish. Have any of you actually played the dlc. You're probably just **** that it was day one dlc. I have played the dlc. It wasn't amazing but it was pretty good. the mission wasn't great but the main reason people bought it was the prothean squad mate which was pretty cool.
  6. Mar 10, 2012
    Worth the extra 10 bucks (it comes free in the collectors edition), looking forward to more DLC for this game! A lot of folks are upset about the whole "first day" DLC ideal, but I think i look at it like options on a car... I don't have to get that Navigation system or those leather seats but I can if I would like to.
  7. Mar 15, 2012
    This is a great piece of DLC. For those seeing all the negative scores most of those are due to anger of it being day one DLC. The intention of this DLC was a bonus for people who bought the Collector's Edition of the game. The fact that it was available for others to buy at launch is a great gesture of Bioware, as this is a great piece of Mass Effect fiction.

It includes a look at a
    previously mostly unknown species in ME canon. While the actual mission is fairly short, the inclusion of the new character is fantastic. The dialogue that it adds into the game is great and meaningful. Also, weapon you get is pretty cool. Expand
  8. Mar 26, 2012
    The DLC contains a Prothean, the DLC is actually in the disc, which shows that it was intended to be a part of the game, my only complain is that, for 800MSP/$10 I was expecting a much larger expansion, don't get me wrong, Javik is my favorite character, with his overpowered biotics, but this is definitively not worth 10 bucks
  9. Apr 9, 2012
    I love the Mass Effect Series, and for the enjoyment they give me, a bargain. The added squad member is my favorite so far, a bad-ass in combat and lots and lots of backstory for those (like me) who love the story and know it backwards and forwards. I bought all the ME2 DLC and based on the quality of this one, will probably buy all the DLC for ME3 as well. The story and integration into the main quest is also superbly done. Would I rather it be free? yes, I would prefer if everything were free...but if you don't think that all that extra content is worth the same amount as 1.5 value meals at McDonalds then your priorities are different than mine. Expand
  10. May 13, 2012
    Acknowledging this is basically a part of the game that was omitted for those who didn't buy a new copy aside, this is an essential part of the game experience and the new character is one of the best and most fitting to Mass Effect lore in the series. The mission itself is tight and enjoyable (although not entirely lengthy) and the comments and insight the character provides throughout the rest of the game experience is invaluable to be missed making this a 'must have' dlc for Mass Effect fans.
    Worth the price of entry alone for Javiks comments whilst exploring the Asari Temple later in the game. Gold.
  11. Mar 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was going to get the collectors edition of ME3 but unfortunately couldn't get hold of it in the UK so got the normal one. I was disappointed to miss out on the art book but nothing was going to stop me getting hold of the from ashes dlc so I downloaded it before I even played the game!

I have to admit that the mission on eden prime is a bit short for my liking but javik seems to be a cool new addition to the team and I look forward to seeing what he can do plus what he has to say in the game. Also his particle rifle rocks and I look forward to busting more reapers with it!

1. Apr 17, 2012
    From Ashes offers interesting new lore for the fans, but little anything else. The only new mission is very short shooter, which hardly justifies the price. The new squadmate does have a lot of things to say during the gameplay, if you carry him with you to every mission. Still, From ashes is only worth getting if you really want to see everything Mass Effect universe has to offer. [Apr 2012]
  2. Mar 27, 2012
    Mass Effect 3: From Ashes is a missed chance from BioWare to create a DLC woth buying despite its cost. A mission way too short and poorly structured don't justify the price of what could have been a more complex and intricated piece of story and lore.
  3. Mar 16, 2012
    The mission to defreeze Javik is short, and you can beat it easily within about half an hour. If you're looking for a chunk of content as substantial as Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadow Broker you'll probably come away disappointed, and Javik doesn't really dramatically affect anything about the Mass Effect 3 campaign.