6.0

1. Nov 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Interesting characters, a known and possibly liked setting (if you played Mass Effect 2) that could offer plenty more in-depth exploration. And of course the first female turian. It screams : Potential! And it just goes wasted like the rest of the game.
    I played the mission on Insanity and finished it in under 2 hours and didn't rush at any point. Streamlined combat that was clearly inspired by the multiplayer, partly missing ambient noise and voices creating a lack of atmosphere and several bugs. A streamlined story that offers little background and has no impact on the game itself except a few war assets. Because we know how the game ends. And that is the main problem of the DLC. While you could argue the same for Leviathan, its story line centered around the reapers and their creation which kept it interesting for me. Omega is about Aria. And there's not much to tell. Worth the time playing it? Yes if you want to see the turian and listen to Carrie Ann Moss. Worth the money? Absolutely not. Bioware set the bar for DLCs with Lair of the Shadow Broker and has not been able to reach that level of quality since.
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    I am oficially done. I am done with this game. Bioware from now on just focus on making ME4 a quality experience unlike this DLC. Ever since The lair of the shadow broker, Bioware has failed at every chance to meet that level of quality with their following dlc's. The Omega dlc is on par with ME2's Arrival at best and ME1's Pinnacle station at its worst. I remember back when I used to like Aria. Now I find the Cerberus guy who is the main boss in this dlc arc more of a likable character than her. Nyreen the first female turian to be shown in this game was a completely wasted character. She shows up for a total of an hour or less and continuously disappears all throughout the dlc. And the ending of it is so anti-climatic and Aria is still even found sitting at the citadel as if nothing ever happened. This dlc was not worth fourteen dollars , and like this game overall, not worth the hype. Expand
  3. Jun 17, 2013
    Just meh.. Highlights: combat, spent time with Aria. Other than that, this DLC is just boring and wastes of time. It is such a shame, because Aria is so badass and the whole retake omega has so much potential to be good. Once again Bioware masterfully destroys an epic character and story, they really lost their mind.
  4. Nov 28, 2012

1. Jan 16, 2013
    It's too pricey, too inconsequential - and too late. [Feb 2013, p.85]
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    While Omega has its good parts, it doesn't bring enough of that signature storytelling to the forefront. I love pulling the right trigger to shoot dudes, but I enjoy using the same button to interrupt a cutscene even more. This DLC doesn't understand that.
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    The lack of emotional weight makes Omega just another pointless series of hallways chockful of mildly challenging cannon fodder.