5.7

1. Mar 6, 2012
    Nothing less then perfection. I managed to get a copy a few days early and I never thought the story and game could top what the last two games have delivered, but this keeps getting better and better! You really do feel the weight of those decisions you made. Its great to finally see the outcome of these shaping after waiting for 5 years in curiosity as to what would happen. Certainly doesn't disappoint! Gameplay mechanics have taken a sharp turn for the better and have progressed a long way since ME2. It great a lot of mods that were a fun point of ME1 have returned also. Shepard's story could not have asked for a better conclusion then this! Massive credit to Bioware to improving on a series that is already top of its league! No easy feat, but they have done it with flying colors! Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    This has been some ride, since Mass Effect first grabbed my attention. I have played through every bit of the first two games, and loved every minute. Now the final comes, and I feel equal parts excited and sad. Sad that it will have to end, but thrilled to get a chance to play it. And it does not disappoint. The emotion - always the strong point of Mass Effect - is brought to another level. The characters that I have come to care so much about are even more fleshed out. And the goosebumps at certain points of the game...well, I won't spoil. Just get it. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    2007, I will never forget you for you introduced me to the 7th gen of gaming and the best Sci fI GASIM that I have had in gaming since Wing Commander. ME1 was the high of my 25years of gaming. What makes it even better is that us gamers get 2 more games:) Haters will hate. But you have to be very spoilt to hate such a piece of art made by passionate hard working people. Sure I hate day 1 DLC but that is just the new work model of todays Industry so get over it.

I gave it a 10 based on the simple fact that it has to be better than ME1. Good Effort and thanks for my 90-100hours of Sci Fi bliss. Something that Star Trek should have done.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    Great end to a trilogy, if you play games to have fun and enjoy an amazing world then this game is for you. All of our favorite characters from the past games make a return and all conflicts established throughout the series get an ending. Mass Effect 3 has a darker tone than previous installments and the game keeps you surprised up to the end. The combat is more fun than ever with diverse enemies and great customizing options which always change your experience. There are bugs, but less than most releases I have played over the past year. Definitely the best game I have played since The Witcher 2 Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2012
    A sparkling meta-game with flawed minigames, but still worth playing. Mass Effect 3 is a stunning tour de force of an epic, arrayed with a cast ranging from legendary writer Jennifer Hepler to reformed misogynist Jim Sterling and such media luminaries as Kotaku or Rock Paper Shotgun. Its story arcs span intrepid epics from the great script leak of 2011, where the seeds of backlash were first sown. Subsequent chapters as the leak of the story book are also worth playing, where you discover that many of the supposed characters were not who you expected, adding both intrigue and drama into the mix. When the second act ended, and Hepler was stoned by the masses despite not even having a role in the great BioWar, I was rapt with trepidation as Sterling rode to her rescue. The third act proves to be even better, with such missions as the Great DLC Robbery and Space Needs Games. Indeed, ME 3 is a stunning indictment of the electronic gaming industry and the insidious ability for media outlets, backed with hard corporate cash, has morphed it into a culture of conformity. Mass Effect 3 highlights this process, from the beginning at the ashes of the previous game to its non-conclusion, in which we have to purchase for $9.99 on the Origin marketplace. The writing of this meta-game is beyond reproach, though the character design leads some room to be desired. However, this masterpiece has a few flaws. The mini-games are not particularly entertaining. The dating simulator is simplistic and contains much laughable dialogue, though it is understandable given that it is a satire designed to parody sophomoric RPGs of yesteryear. The "Cmmdr. Shepherd" gun and run sections fall prey to numerous glitches, rendering levels unplayable or at least requiring numerous playthroughs. Enemy designs are uninspired and spawn incessantly, a fitting tribute to the Gauntlet games that were such a great influence on Bioware. The level design is somewhat mediocre, but understandable given how the bulk of the development cycle was spent polishing the other areas of the meta-game, especially the Forums Realm.

Speaking of which, the Fandom faction's role throughout this game is simply tremendous. The Biodrone hive's rise and implosion was a chilling morality play fit for these uncertain times, and truly Bioware has conveyed in vibrant imagery what happens when large groups of people act mindlessly. Bioware's avant-garde depictions of "fanservice" present the proverbial fall of an hubristic artist become waylaid by easy money. ME 3 cleverly teaches this moral lesson, which should be remembered by every game designer, by showing the bizarre incestuous relationship between the fandom, engaged in the torid cutscenes known as "shipping", and the company itself. The company, in turn, rewards the fandom by courteously appropriating its creations, as we see vividly displayed in the ending, a beautiful DA artpiece that Bioware exposes to the world. Ultimately, Mass Effect 3 is not truly a game, but a moment. An experience. It transcends media boundaries and challenges our perceptions as to what games are and what they are made of and what they can do. Who are players and who are characters. What is the pH level of the bodily fluids of an alien lifeform. If you enjoy stunning cinematic takedowns, you will love this game.
  6. Mar 6, 2012
    I honestly thought I would have mixed feelings about this game. I was dead wrong. Its now my favorite game and will stay that way for a long time. This game feels completely original and new. I have never played a quite like it and there is no other game that is like it. The level of depth and character that is put into this is astonishing.
  7. Mar 6, 2012
    Please don't give the game 0/10 because you don't like the DLC. I have no DLC and the game is absolutely incredible, even better than ME2. You want to buy this, you will not regret it!!
  8. Mar 6, 2012
    This is why we have professional critics. Nothing about this game is a disappointment if you know what to expect. Make sure to pay attention to the content of individual reviews before jumping to conclusions.

Gameplay and RPG aspects are at the high-point in the series. The dialogue is still awful, even ungrammatic and stereotypical at times, but lovable. The "auto dialogue"
    complaints are mostly because Bioware decided to add something which adds atmosphere, flavor, and character depth in the narrative by putting more dialogue in specific context. Compare this to only being able to talk to squadmates on your ship on occasion, and having everything Shepard says pre-rendered anyway, choice or not; and having numerous examples of dialogue 'choices' where Shepard only said one thing, wherever his mouse or controller clicked on the wheel. This how increased sophistication of ME3's features relative to the previous games becomes basis for trolling. Expand
  9. Mar 7, 2012
    I don't really understand why some users are giving this game such a low score, while it may differ from the previous slightly its not enough to warrant a 0 or 1 rating. Its interesting that users who game the game a 9-10 for mass effect 2 are now giving it a 1. Seems to me like something else is bothering players and its not the game play, I think the game is pretty freaking good if you ask me
  10. Mar 6, 2012
    Its a solid game for me, with minor flaws. The flaws thats in the game is overshadowed by the great story. The game I think has more RPG elements than the 2:nd instalment but not as much as the first one. But it enough i think.
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass effect 3 is a superb game, Everything is bigger and better and the combat has improved a lot, it is a lot more fluent. The only downside for me is the day one dlc but this is no reason to give the game a zero like all does haters. It's the best mass effect in the trilogy!
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    A perfect game. They added more rpg elements back that they toned down in ME2, giving you more control over item customization and weapon variation as well as leveling, which I really appreciated. The story telling, as always is fantastic. Bioware remains one of the best game developers in history.

And for all you DLC whiners, don't buy it if you don't want it. But let's be honest,
    you should all just be glad that game prices haven't risen at all in the past few years. The cost to create new games continues to rise, but companies aren't punishing us, the gamers by raising costs again. They're finding creative ways to make a profit and in many cases break even. So if you want to rate a game a zero because a company is letting some people spend extra money on extra content so that I can still enjoy one of the best games ever made at $60, you all deserve the self misery you're forcing yourselves to live by not enjoying this game like you should. Expand
  13. Mar 6, 2012
    Great game. A fitting end to the trilogy. Commenting on mechanics and writing for now, as I haven't yet beaten the game (don't believe the preteens who say they have, it's only been like 2 hours since the game dropped). Story-telling is as good as the other two, and Bioware has brought back many of the customization options left out of ME2, making this game resemble ME1 more than its protige.

Over-all a phenomenal game, and something that fans of the first two games will enjoy. I recommend playing ME1 and 2 before purchasing this game, as a lack of knowledge bout the story-line is going to make you unappreciative of the effort given.
  14. Mar 6, 2012
    Ignore this troll filled cavern that has become the User Score area for ME3... the critics reviews sum it up perfectly - the near perfect end to the best sci-fi trilogy ever, in any medium ever... I have clocked in 22 hours so far and it is blowing me away.. I've already needed to call in sick for the second day straight, my body was ready - but my timesheet wasn't.. it didn't ask for this.. but it's damn well getting it. Mass Effect 3 holiday has begun!

With Mass Effect 2 being my all time favourite game ever, it's the best place to look for direct comparisons (sorry series noobz, you need to play ME1 & ME2 to truly appreciate this game IMHO). I would say it is less of a jump, more of a hop in terms of gameplay and mechanics compared to ME2, but THE STORY IS AMAZING (I'm over 1/2 way currently, and s*** is getting tense!) and the story/character development is designed so perfectly, Leonardo DaVinci would be proud of it's vision and divine beauty. If you were worried Bioware might have dumbed down the writing, you would be wrong. Don't let the demo's first bits penned dialogue give you a wrong impression of the rest of the games wordplay, it gets MUCH BETTER with 'We Fight or we Die that's the plan' and some other choice phrases from the very start of the game being the only real flat material.. seriously should have taken the demo from any other part of the game to showcase FAR better character interaction and impressive dialogue choice trees. I have noticed the further into the game you go, the more interwoven elements from the previous games become apparent and really knock your socks off... You get many Kaiser Soze moments, and I'm only 1/2 way through this bad boy.. The culmination of everything I love about Sci-Fi, Mass Effect 3 is a masterpiece.
    It's what Return of the Jedi should have been, it's that good. Go out and buy this now. A Mal Reynolds approved 'Shiny' full marks for my game of the.. well, life. (it's that good, honest!)
  15. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the conclusion of the most well written story in gaming history. I have been gaming since the days of Zelda on the NES. This game takes everything we ever wanted in a video game and made it real. Our decisions, our choices, and our actions matter not across one cinematic but across a trilogy. If you told me 10 years ago a game will do this I would not have believed it. This game engages you in such a way that you care about the characters; both those fighting with you and hating those or trying to understand those fighting against you. Mass Effect puts us in an universe that is comparable to Star Wars or Star Trek. This game is so big in content that this review is based on a few hours of game-play and the experience of ME1 and ME2. Anyone giving this game negative reviews because of the choices Sheppard can make regarding love interests are ignorant and narrow minded. This game is the Game of the Year contender right now as nothing slated for release this year can compare. Expand
  16. Mar 6, 2012
    Best game ever. Mass effect 3 not only caps off the story of the last two games it tells a gripping story on it's own. The combat is great, on par with earlier gears of war games. The multiplayer is an excellent addition to the series providing hours extra gameplay. The facial animations are great, the best I've seen. This is the game bioware promised and so much more
  17. Mar 6, 2012
    Easily the best of the trilogy, and the best game of this console generation. Don't let the story scare you if you haven't played the first two(if you haven't, YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD). The game is a masterpiece, and should be checked out by anyone who plays video games period.
  18. Mar 6, 2012
    It's a shame that people are posting such misinformed and in more than one instance, homophobic reviews for this game. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is the best it has ever been and I've known this since the demo was released. The story is incredible (so far) and as I recall, the entire franchise is know for letting you make your own decisions - it doesn't force you into anything - claiming that you are 'forced' into a virtual gay relationship is absolutely absurd. Reviewing a game based on downloadable content, day one or not, is also absurd. It's unfortunate to see such a great game and a great developer being attacked in such a petty manner. The Mass Effect series has been among the best gaming experiences I have had, and Bioware deserves a lot more respect. Expand
  19. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm appauled to see so much negative comments toward this game that just came out today. This game is clearly an excellent piece of work and Canadian developer BioWare have really out done themselves with the story. I almost laughed at the trolls posting so much negative stuff about a game they never really played yet. Graphics: 9.3/10 BioWare really improved the lighting this time around and the general atmosphere of the sci-fi is amazing. Some minor texture pop in is the only real downside. Sound: 10/10 the VO is absolutely top notch and the sound effects are nicely done too. Gameplay: 9.6/10 same basics as ME2 but wayyyy better combat. Length: 10/10 You'll beat it once and just want to play it again and again. Multiplayer is a nice addition too. Overall: 9.8/10 Masterpiece and a must buy. Don't listen to other user reviews on this game. Expand
  20. Mar 6, 2012
    esse game poderia ser exclusivo do xbox360, até pq a versão do ps3 ta pior sempre, multi console no xbox360 é super foda, ps3 tem muito nome e só isso!
  21. Mar 7, 2012
    It's not the game I anticipated, but it IS a great game. The series came a long way. I was skeptical of the multiplayer component. Bioware blended the customization of ME1 and the streamlined gameplay of ME2. Even though ME2 was an improvement in almost every conceivable way, they listened to fans that took issue with the changes. Now many of the same fans are trolling metacritic.
  22. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only thing that is kinda lame about ME3 is all the day 1 DLC. I agree that if we're already forking over $60 for a brand new game it's pretty cheap to make us pay another $10 for a few extra guns that aren't that great. That aside though ME3 is still an awesome game. If you've played the first two and had a good time I don't think the average player, who isn't a picky little priss, will find very much to complain about. Expand
  23. Mar 6, 2012
    I can't believe people are giving it zeros just because of day one DLC. Apparently they just don't know how game development works. 10 because it's an amazing game with amazing DLC
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is awesome. All these people are just trolling. Stupid idiots ruining this website.......................................................................................................................
  25. Mar 6, 2012
    Wonderful, emotional, massive, beautiful, meaningful, heartwarming, epic, end of an era, breath taking, superb, delightful, earth shattering, eye candy.

Thank you Bioware for finishing the trilogy with the same care and attention to detail you have given the entire series.
  26. Mar 9, 2012
    Incredible game. Filled with excitement. Great graphics, incredible story. People shouldn't play Mass Effect 3. They should live it. It's incredible, more than we could have hoped for.
  27. Mar 28, 2012
    Although not perfect, it is far from the 1-4's that people are giving it. This game is a fantastic end to the trilogy in almost every aspect. Sure the story doesn't seem as in depth as the other two games, the decisions don't feel as though they mean as much but this is the last ride for Shepard. The decisions you make in this game must effect the game instantly as you are building up the forces to defeat the Reapers, not be sure to effect your character 3 games from now. Overall the music, pacing, graphics (little buggy) and game play are great. Add in the ability to mod your weapons again and this game has some great value to it. It may not be the end all to video games, but it is far from the lowest of the low scores some have given it. If you love the series and have are not childish in your demands for the perfect game you'll love this game. I am a huge fan of the series and am happy to have invested all of the hours past into the trilogy. It's hard to look at this game and complain when the blockbuster mentality is there in spades in every battle leading up to the ultimate decision at the end, bravo BioWare. Expand
  28. Mar 6, 2012
    My favorite part of the trilogy. Had high hopes and it delivered in almost every aspect. It's amazing to see all the various stories, conflicts and character arcs started in ME1 5 years ago get proper resolutions
  29. Mar 6, 2012
    People are rating this game bad based on things to do with, Homosexuality,day 1 DLC, and other stupid reasons. First of all, the day 1 DLC is not mandatory, it's just a DLC that feeds you more of a side story then anything else, and they made this AFTER they finished creating the game. What difference does it make if they release it on day 1 or waiting a month to release it? The DLC has nothing to do with the main quest, it isn't vital. The people giving this game a 0 shouldn't review games, because I'm sure this game is better than a 0 or even mediocre. Most people giving this game a 0 haven't even played the game or they say the story sucks but they also say that they only played a few hours of the game. First of all complete the game before reviewing it. That is like rating a movie based on it's trailer. I'm not reviewing this game, because I haven't played it yet. But I was compelled to write to all those people who cry about dumb crap. They also say that there is hardely any gameplay it's all cutscenes.... Ok so why rate it 0? If that was the case then Metal Gear Solid 4 should of got a 0 too. I doubt that Mass Effect 3 had lenghty cutscenes like Metal Gear Soild 4. The Elder Scroll games get praised all the time (except for PS3 version) and everytime you walk through a door or o to a next area, it has to load. I don't see anyone complaining about that. But people complain about cutscenes. I'd rather watch a cutscene then watch a loading screen. Anyway you people destroy gaming, and are not happy with anything. maybe that is the reason games are becomming less fun, because the creators don't know what the "fans" want anymore. How come people go all crazy about any Call of Duty game and it's all recycled crap and they are all the same game, but they don't complain about that, they sell the same game every year, and people don't complain, but they will complain about Day 1 DLC for 10 bucks.. Bioware atleast tries to make a decent game. Same with Guitar Hero, people use to buy every Guitar Hero when infact it's all the same game. Just like Call of Duty. Yet these games get praised. Hmmmm..... Give the game a serious review, because a 0 isn't fair. Go play Call of Duty. Expand
  30. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is perfect in every way. Granted, I'm mostly writing this review to counter all the droves of idiots that haven't even played the game yet.
  31. Mar 6, 2012
    This website needs a real review....

I'm giving this game a 9. After playing it through once, I have to say that in terms of gameplay and experiences, it is easily the best in the series. Unfortunately the game does have a rather ridiculous and depressing ending. Your choices throughout the game do little to affect the outcome. But the rest of the game is absolutely amazing. Quality
    writing, wonderful characters, beautiful environments and a greatly revamped inventory system make it the best in the series, save for the finale. I would give everything until the ending a 10. The end itself I give a 2. Expand
  32. Mar 6, 2012
    I honestly can't see why anyone would negatively review this game. Yes the game has day one DLC, stop crying. If the DLC had been held for a month no one would have cared. This game is irrefutably amazing so stop giving it a bad score because it deserves every ounce of the 94 critics have given it.

This game is a satisfying end to one of the greatest sci-fi universes of all time. Single
    player is smooth and game play is very fun, however the story is where Mass Effect shines through. The game knows how to keep you interested when you may be tired of the game play. I was also very impressed by the quality of the multiplayer. It may not be as good as Gears or Nazi Zombies but for a game that has always been devoted to singleplayer they pulled off an amazing transition to coop multiplayer. In summary, ignore the haters, buy the game. Don't miss out on one of the greatest games of this generation just because some people are stupid. Expand
  33. Mar 6, 2012
    Solid singleplayer, amazing multiplayer, If you have played mass effect 1 or 2 then you already have this game and love it, I'm not going to be able to say anything to help. If you don't have this game, Think if your favorite shooter had select-able squadmates, customizable weapons and armor. Now if it had a story like a choose your own adventure.
  34. Mar 6, 2012
    All these negative reviews are a joke. The game is a league above every other game out there. Looking at the critic reviews, this will be game of the year.
  35. Mar 6, 2012
    The story takes you along a grand ride through beautiful cinematics and epic battles. Bioware knows the correct formula in making a great game and they stuck by what makes Mass Effect great. The storyline is simple, save Earth. You are faced with the task of assembling your team again to face the group Cerberus, the infamous reapers, swarms of husks, and some great new enemies. You are able to explore and discover various planets full of resources, weapons, upgrades and more... This galactic adventure will have you glued to your seat addicted for more and if you haven't played ME1 or ME2 there's no need to worry. The story allows you to hop right into the present time and it will fill in the gaps for you. Don't pay attention to the Mass Effect trolls who think Bioware is attempting to gain the COD audience. No offense, but the average COD players are the one ones trolling the forums blasting this game because they are mostly simple minded and complexity in games isn't favorable to them. Take a chance on Mass Effect if you enjoy a great story and intense war sequences. This game is the real deal! Expand
  36. Mar 6, 2012
    Lots of fun, great game. The game has 3 settings; 1 for people wanting to play a shooter, 1 for traditional mass effect players, and 1 for people that don't want to deal with shooting. Be warned, this choice effects the rest of the game. There's no mandatory DLC, it's an optional character with no story outside the DLC.. just like Mass effect 2's DLC.
  37. Mar 6, 2012
    Guys this game is amazing! Why are you all complaining about the lack of interactivity? It's been toned down because there's no guarantee of a direct sequel unlike the last two had. So Bioware really has no reason to include many mutual decisions that wouldn't help create a definitive end, nor more random decisions because they won't have anything else to carry on with. And if you don't like the ending, play it again, find one you like. It's Bioware's story to tell, they decide how this universe finishes. Expand
  38. Mar 6, 2012
    The greatest ending for one of the best trilogy of these years. I'm surprised of all these bad reviews...Bioware succeeded in creating the only possible continuation , perfectly linked to the previous episodes and an absolute mind-blowing experience.
  39. Mar 6, 2012
    Watching all these people come here and write these reviews about a game that has been out less than 10 hours. Writing as though they have even the slightest clue what they are talking about. The pure hatred coming from **** and other related places is just pathetic. This game is easily the best game released in the past few years, and I would say it in combination with ME and ME2 rates this trilogy the highest of any in my book. The Demo alone is considerably better than half the games that are rated higher from many of these people who are reviewing this game. Second is the fact that nearly every 0/10 review or 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, 4/10 are simply speaking about the download center. A fact that was widely announced has little bearing on the storyline. They are a side quest as many would call it. If you don't choose to do it, nothing will be missed in the grand scheme of things. People are going out of their way to find reasons to dislike the game simply because they do not agree with a DLC. I mean honestly, $5 bucks? How about you buy one less drink at the bar, or one less coffee in the morning, and 'Ta-da!', you've done it you can now afford to pay for this absurd complaint. Here's a hypothetical (is actually the truth in sheeps clothing):
    Those that say "It shouldn't be a DLC since the game was released at the same time as it." If I developed a game and got it ready to be distributed; spoke with distributors and find out it'll take roughly 3 months to get it out. So I need to hand them a finished product to be duplicated a billion times and packaged and sent out. ... Sooooo great, what do I do now with the 90 days until release? Oh! I know I'll start developing Downloadable content. 90 days passes:

Ok, so I have 30 different download packs, but I REALLY like this one that i've been working on, in fact, I am going to make it available now since it deserves to be seen.

Publics reaction:
    HOW DARE YOU CHARGE US FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME?!?!

The logic behind this outrage is almost entirely based on pure ignorance. I hate to say it like that but it's true, this game would otherwise be rated 100/100 if there wasn't so many protesting things that don't even matter. $5 bucks guys.... $5 bucks. I could wander the streets collecting cans and gather that much in an hour. As for the game: I mentioned before the gameplay is amazing, the combat is so fluid in combination with the newer moves available in ME3(diving, etc..) The multi player itself could be sold as an independent game, hell I spent 50 or so hours just on the demo. There are several styles to play, story / rpg / action so you can choose just how much storyline or action you want out of your gaming experience. Seriously, these guys thought of it all! I don't want to throw in any spoilers, so just go out and get the game, you won't be dissapointed.
  40. Mar 6, 2012
    You are a anally frustrated man-child if you honestly give this game a 0/10

Yeah, sure, it has it's problems, every game does, you're not supposed to go into it expecting 10/10 GOTYAY! That's stupid and building yourself up for disappointment. Is this game fun? Yeah, quite fun. Is it the best game ever? No, I wouldn't go that far. Is it a satisfying end to a trilogy? Yes.

If you reviewed
    this and gave it a 0/10 and justified it by saying "They abandoned their roots!" Go to bed. If you enjoyed Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 there's no reason to hate this game, especially considering that it's a big step up from Mass Effect 2.

So yeah, don't listen to the cry babies giving it a 0/10, everything has a redeeming quality, sorry this isn't "Super Waifu Desu Simulator Uguu 2012", but it is a very nice space opera and a fitting close to a nice story.
  41. Mar 6, 2012
    Maass Effect 3 is the best one in the series. The story is amazing and it gives a very immersive experience. By the way ignore the negative reviews they're just people who are complaining about dlc and will never get laid in life.
  42. Mar 7, 2012
    One of the better games I've played in the last decade; Mass Effect 3 improves on the other preceding titles in virtually all manners barring some subjective ways others may deem inaccurate or useless. To explain: The combat is much better and smoother, conversations are more realistic and just in general top-notch, the characters both new & old are vastly improved, voice acting (especially from Mark Meer) is vastly superior and the emotion runs high in the story throughout. Most importantly, the story is much better than Mass Effect 2's, although it falls short (barely) of Mass Effect 1. I strongly suggest buying it for these reasons alone, but there is more... The multiplayer, which is unexpected to say the very least, had me underwhelmed when I first saw it disclosed, but when I played the demo, and now in the retail, I have grown to see it as an integral component to the game and like the rest of it is of massive quality. The supplementary "Galaxy at War" is also interesting, if underdeveloped, and I would like to see it improved in future DLC. Lastly, I should mention what I found to be bad: -Animations when taking cover can sometimes glitch and freeze characters or make them look lifeless (i.e. you have full control but while on the wall they don't breath etc) -Some old friends in the textures popping up; this is rare, and happens almost universally after you finish an N7 mission. -I would have liked if it was more difficult, it's easy (to an extent) for a gamer of my skill (Average, possibly slightly above-average). -A few plot holes, easily forgivable given their minimal impact/enjoyable repercussions Other than those small gripes, the game is outstanding, and is well worth the price of the retail and even the Collector's edition; if you own an Xbox or PC (I do not recommend for Playstation due to lack of Mass Effect 1) you owe it to yourself to play -experience- Mass Effect 3 for yourself. Don't listen to the 10's who blindly love the game, or the reds/0's who give their gripes with EA/Bioware/DLC as reasons for hate, carefully evaluate what the critics say and compare it with a rental or a purchase; I promise you will not regret it Expand
  43. Mar 7, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters. Either they're crybabies over, not getting a CE, the day one DLC "From Ashes", or they overreacted to the leaked ending WITHOUT ever playing through the game from the start themselves. Which is nearly guaranteed since the video leaks happened a week or two before release anyway.

This is a fitting conclusion to an EPIC trilogy, and it closes well enough.
    Obviously, you can't please everyone! Yet I think I writers did a good a job bringing it to life. For a saga as huge as Mass Effect, They came through. If the whiners can write a better story, then go, stop whining, and MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN GAME. Since ME3 wasn't good enough for your amazing tastes, and they are so much more talented than the people that make these games anyway... ;) Expand
  44. Mar 6, 2012
    Some of you people need to grow up with your 0's. Obviously this game is not getting a 0 It makes you people looks childish.
    Anyway---another great installment in the series, if you liked the others you will surely enjoy the third.
  45. Mar 6, 2012
    Brilliant end to a great trilogy. It's all about great characters, story, graphics and an epic movie like feeling. The gameplay is still quite good, but will never compare to the rest of the elements.
  46. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware retrurns to the stage to provide a magnificent end to an epic series!

Mass Effect 3 provides beautiful scenery, invigorating combat, heart wrenching stories and an all around immersive experience. Bioware has once again proven that they are one of the greatest developers around!

Check out Mass Effect 3 available on EA Origin alongside other great hits such as: Battlefield 3, The
    Sims 3, annd Star Wars - The Old Republic! Expand
  47. Mar 6, 2012
    Honestly, everybody loves this game so they're playing it. it's only the haters here. The game is fantastic, one of the best games this generation without a doubt
  48. Mar 6, 2012
    This game hasn't even been out for 24 hours, I don't get where some of the hate on these reviews comes from. I've played the first couple hours and have enjoyed it.
  49. Mar 6, 2012
    I bought the game at midnight and played it solid until about 10am, thats because the story and writting is just so damn good that I want to see what happens next. I haven't beaten it yet, and while I know alot of people have I am trying to enjoy it and do the side missions, and the fetch quests, and really take in the Final chapter of Commander Shepard and his crew. Point being this game is EXTREMELEY fun and takes care of the true fans and new comers alike. If you loved ME 1, 2, then you owe your self to see this through. Those that are bad mouthing this game seemed to be expecting a pure run and gun action game and nor a RPG. Once more, play this game and see what an amazing feeling it is to see choices you made in 2007 (ME 1), 2010 (ME 2) and now come to an Epic close. Have fun!!! Expand
  50. Mar 6, 2012
    are you people serious....the only reason this game is getting zero is because of homophobes who don't even want the option for same sex relationships...and whiners who are still butthurt from the day 1 dlc thing...i agree its stupid...but a game dosen't deserve a zero just for that...especially if you never played it
  51. Mar 6, 2012
    Never before has a game trilogy come together like this, the story is epic the gameplay is refined, and the scale is unlike the biggest blockbuster hits. Some of the side quests can be a little silly and there are some technical bumps but they don't distract from the main, amazing experience.
  52. Mar 6, 2012
    Truly an amazing conclusion to one of the best trilogies of my generation. This series has been compared to star trek and star wars, and with good reason. This is truly a game for the history books! Its has proven that games can have a story on par with movies books and even the sci-fi classics! This game is a must buy for anyone, new to the series or not!
  53. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an incredible game and ends the trilogy successfully. The gameplay and graphics are top notch, but as expected the storytelling is where the game truly shines. Bioware manages to keep improving the series right until the end and should be commended for it. Buy copies for yourself, your friends and all their friends as you won't be disappointed.
  54. Mar 6, 2012
    How can you not give the game a 10 when the gameplay just keeps improving in each installment among tons of other things? As far as value..when most games these days you pay $60 for 5-8 hours of gameplay..this has its huge campaign and now addicting XBL multiplayer. Give me a break with the zero ratings. When a game of this caliber gets user reviews of a ridiculous score of a 0-4, its not fooling anyone that you only posted this only because its cool to hate things on the internet. Be rational..if you read this this and want to say your entitled to your opinion and you could actually not like it, that may be true, but it's inhumanly impossible to say this game is a 0 out of 10. At least rate it a 5 and then your case for why it "sucks" may be believable to the poor reader than comes on here expecting an honest review. Anyways, worth the money. May even be worth the day 1 DLC. Or ya know, that could be wrong because EA didn't follow the unwritten rule of how many days need to pass after a games release for selling a DLC to seem ethical. 10$ for NEW campaign gameplay and features that needs to be added to the hard-drive in order to be included into the game OR 15$ to download a few lines of code for 3 multiplayer maps in COD to appear as a selection to play that is already contained in the disc....? Expand
  55. Mar 6, 2012
    This is one of gaming's greatest achievements so far. Bioware have created a masterpiece. It's unbelieveable how people can give this a 0 because of gay romances and day 1 DLC. I bet none you have actually played the game
  56. Mar 6, 2012
    People, don't listen to the trolls. Everyone who enjoed the first 2 ME will love this one. It's a perfect mix between both that focuses on smoother action gameplay and more customization. The dialouges, writing and overall story are top notch and definetely up there with some the greatest games.
  57. Mar 7, 2012
    This game is AMAZING. People are only bombing the game on metacritic because of the day one dlc thing. These people are flaming idiots. They think that the game itself doesn't have enough without the dlc to offer, which it clearly does, but they go ahead anyway and lie about their "review" for Mass Effect 3 just to ruin its user score. The game is excellent, great graphics, great story, good voice acting, improved gameplay mechanics. It will definitely be a contestant for the game of the year. Expand
  58. Mar 7, 2012
    I am commander Shepard and this is my favourite game on Metacritic. It is so good I or Commander Shepard that is The Commander Shepard gave "it" a 10 out of 10. Now stop being in the middle of some calibrations and play this game because I have had enough of your disingenuous assertions.
  59. Mar 6, 2012
    Are you kidding me?.. This game is AWESOME! it is different from the others and that's ok. Bioware manages to inject newness into a stellar franchise, at first i was a bit annoyed with the imported facial features being updated, but im begining to realize how awesome that feature is also, it allows the game to have an updated older feel for my Shepard. Bioware has certainly done it again! AMAZING game!!! Why so many zeros, i have no clue but there seems to be some sort of battle going on here. Definately a 10! Expand
  60. Mar 6, 2012
    I've played all 3 Mass Effect
    This. Is a great game!
    The gameplay is a bit weird as the dialogue choices decreased. But I still love the gameplay!
    Moreover, the story!!
  61. Mar 6, 2012
    The problem with Mass Effect 3 is that it stems too far from its roots. Mass Effect 1 was an rpg that took place is an incredible future that you wanted to explore for hours. Mass Effect 2 continued to do the same, albeit in a lesser way. The trade though gave us gameplay that far surpassed the first. Then comes Mass Effect 3. Forced homosexuality and transgender roles on the Normandy, a placid universe despite the fact that it is allegedly being torn apart, and then the most lackluster story of the entire trilogy. Many people will debate otherwise but the game has lost any flavor it once had. If you must play it rent it, but if you enjoyed 1 and 2 you might find it hard to enjoy 3. Expand
  62. Jul 14, 2012
    I previously reviewed this game before the EC was released and gave it a 0, the ending is much more satisfying and would have been a 10/10 if I had been able to have that experience on the first play through.
  63. Jun 26, 2012
    The new ending is a huge improvement and the series now feels a lot more complete. The game is such an amazing experience, no one in their right mind should pass on it.
  64. Mar 7, 2012
    It's great to see a game that allows such a wide range of experiences between people experiencing it.

For instance, I experienced a game where you could choose to have relations with a wide range of characters in cut-scenes, or choose not to, on top of being a well-written epic about war, loss, hope, faith, and human redemption.

Others, somehow, experienced a game where you're forced
    into gay bondage and have to spend every second of the game staring at naked floppy penises spinning around you like the Wicked Witch during the tornado in The Wizard of Oz.

How two such different experiences can be had from a single video game is breathtaking!
  65. Mar 7, 2012
    Bioware/EA certainly is capable of producing slapdash, focus-grouped crap. Dragon Age 2 is the prime example. But Mass Effect 3 is not Dragon Age 2. Is it the pure RPG of your dreams? No. Is it the greatest squad based shooter ever? Also no. Will it fulfill all of your fanboy dreams of Shepard and Tali living happily ever after in a house on the Homeworld? No again. If you evaluate it under any of these rubrics, you'll become enraged and give it a 0 on metacritic. (Same result if you hate day-one DLC or teh gheys with a passion, but I digress.) On the other hand, if you can just accept ME3 for what it actually is --a great sci-fi story with some good shooter and RPG elements mixed in-- you're in for an extremely enjoyable experience. In short, hating this game is like hating pizza because it's not ice cream. Expand
  66. Mar 6, 2012
    good grief. What an amazingly awesome and truly epic finale to a series that I've loved since the first. If you play through this game without playing the first 2 first, you're doing yourself a disfavor. You didn't read or watch the return of the king before watching the hobbit, did you? or watch harry potter 20 or whatever the last one was before reading or watching the first 19 or how ever many there were first did you? And play it the rpg way the way it was meant to be played. They fixed everything that was slightly wrong with the first two. So much more weapon and power upgrade capabilities. So much more armor customization. So much more story. XP for looking over a balcony? no. XP for helping disputes? Yes. Is it that much more awesome? yes. Everything is polished to a current gen premium shine. sound is brutal and varied and exciting and the best of the series and the sci-fi genre as a whole. I didn't enjoy the demo all that much and seriously didn't think it could recapture that amazement and discovery the first game did what seems like such a long time ago, but it does so much more. the negative reviews aren't from hard core gamers. period. if you know games, or mass effect, or science fiction, or fun, or life, you can't play this game and give it an honest bad review. that would be like saying the mona lisa has too much paint on it. or the zonda isn't fast enough. or the south pole isn't snowy enough. if you own a system that can play this game, do it. if you don't enjoy this game, you're a krogan. Expand
  67. Mar 11, 2012
    I literally just finished the game a few minutes ago, and I have to say, this is one of the best games I have ever played. Bioware did a fantastic job of neatly wrapping up the Mass Effect universe, plain and simple. Anyone that thinks otherwise, while entitled to their opinion entirely, isn't taking into account the scale of the actions in the game. I won't spoil anything, but almost every major story mission has huge consequences that already alter the game world tremendously, and the ending is simply more extreme. The ending now brings me to my next point. Unlike popular belief that the choices you made in the earlier games do not have any impact, contrary to a statement by Bioware, they really do. There are subtle occurrences that can and will alter the game's multiple endings drastically.
    Now that the controversy around that has been dealt with let me get on with the game. The game is spectacular! The gameplay is nearly identical to Mass Effect 2, but nothings wrong with that, because it works. The combat is fluid, with a slightly tactical edge to it, and even on Normal difficulty, will force you to think, and solve through each combat situation because it is quite challenging compared to most games' normal difficulty. There are several more weapons added into the game, improving on that part of the second game, and even adds simplistic modifications to them to allow for increased stats as you see fit. Outside of the combat, Mass Effect still is heavy story based game, and the story is fantastic, epic, impacting, and fills the player with a sense of desperation, and dread (a rare accomplishment in most games). The multiplayer is some of the best I've seen in a long time, being far more enjoyable, and fun then anything else in a long time, and I mean who hasn't wanted to play in the Mass Effect universe as Turian, or Salarian, or Quarian, or Krogan?
    There are really only a few things that can be said to harm the games rating. At times, the frame rate will get a bit choppy, but thankfully never have I experienced frame rate issues while in combat, and on one occasion the animation for jumping through a Mass Relay played when it should have loaded the next cluster of planets in a system. Aside from these minor issues, there is also downloadable content that can be bought on launch day that contains an overpowered character, and an overpowered weapon. To truly experience the full game, this content is necessary, and its unfortunate to see Bioware forced to do this because of their publisher, EA.
    The game, even with these flaws accounted for, is still nearly perfect. It's clear that Bioware was aiming to make a perfect 10/10 game, but unfortunately due to EA, and the minor graphical issues, the game looks perfect, sounds perfect, plays perfect, and feels perfect. I wish I could give the game a perfect rating of 10/10 but because of its flaws I have to give it the one less regardless of how minor they feel. Bioware has done an outstanding job with Mass Effect 3. I'm proud to call myself a citizen of Edmonton, Bioware's headquarters in Alberta, Canada. A fantastic way to conclude the trilogy.
  68. Mar 6, 2012
    I wanted to wait to finish the game before giving my final score, but al these random negative reviews are absurd. The game is fantastic thus far, Bioware knew what it wanted to do the series. Yeah there was DLC the first day...there was day 1 dlc for mass effect 2! and a bunch of other games. Honestly cant understand these folk. If you played me1 and me2, finish it the trilogy, you will not be disappointed. All those negative reviews are BS and would no be surprised if some are the same user Expand
  69. Mar 6, 2012
    I've played through both of the first 2 mass effect games, the first one was a little slow but told a good story, the second one was absolutely amazing, the third one in my opinion tops both of them. and to everyone giving this a 0 review because of day one dlc its only 10 dollars, and it doesn't really effect the story from what I've seen of it. so in conclusion i think this game has a shot at game of the year, and the only reason why this game has such a low user score is because of poor people who can afford a 70 dollar game but can't afford 10 dollar dlc. it just don't make any sense to me Expand
  70. Mar 7, 2012
    this is simply the best gaming trilogy out there. maybe it doesn't have the best gameplay in the world but it never claimed to. it said it was improving and i believe it has. i hope there are more games from this series set as a sequel maybe hundreds or thousands of years after because i cba with a sequel =]
  71. Mar 8, 2012
  72. Mar 6, 2012
    (9.44)-I rated it a 10 to counteract the negativity, but a 9.44 rating is what this game deserves in my heart.
    Combat
    To start off the combat system has evolved a lot over the sequels. ME1 was my favorite, it was a straight up RPG with shooter elements, and sported the best "ammo" system to date that rewarded the cerebral tactician with the closest thing to unlimited ammo with no damn
    reload! I was so pissed off they changed this going forward in the trilogy, and all to appease to the brain dead FPS crowd (that I also shamelessly indulge in). Anyone that has played ME1 can attest to the superiority (and uniqueness) of this system versus the cliched FPS standard. Now ME3 manages to build upon the FPS element of ME2 and turn it more Gears of War (GOW) like in ME3 (Complete with combat rolls to get out of a tight squeeze). Listen BioWare (I am talking to you Casey Hudson!) if I wanted to play GOW, I would of gone out and f$(%ing brought GOW, but I didnt (Didnt buy GOW3, but I copped 1 +2) for a reason. I(Partially) brought ME3 because I was promised a truer more faithful representation of ME1 over ME2. I got the best of ME2 combat mobility with some of ME1 weapons upgrade (a plus to me). Overall ME3 combat is a positive, but on higher levels (I play on hardcore and Insanity) its annoying because its an amalgamation of the worst from GOW with COd W@W. To be more specific, ME3 plays like GOW with the Grenades at War Variant of COD..hence you will see alot of damn grenades being chucked at you for no reason, and combat engineers laying down turrets even though I blow their heads off before they should of had a chance to lay anything down. In short the Combat is a net positive, but its not a step forward, it just is, and it works (sorta) so I give it a C+.
    Story
    No spoilers, but lets just say I wasn't disappointed and I give it a 10/10. Interactions
    The interactions were "dumbed down" but perhaps it was a memory issue. Either way, it was a good step forward, since I no longer need to have a conversation with a Turian and Jellyfish, just to get the Jellyfish to STFU about the enkindlers. Now all I need to do is "support" one or the other and I get my "benefits". This allows me to focus my attention on real matters, like a suicidal zealot Jellyfish and two unlikely allies.Kudos BioWare!
    Intangibles
    Its the little things that bring life and realism to a game, and ME3 has that. Yes, you will come across "Michael Bay-esque" scenes of explosion, but hey this is the end of sentient life we are talking about, their MuthaFing betta be some crazy ish going! And those scenes, along with the emotional toll that it causes makes the game that much more credible and enjoyable. 10/10
  73. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is everything you want it to be. One of this generations greatest games so far, and I'm 6 hours into it. Seriously, how can anyone take those 0's and 1's seriously?
  74. Mar 7, 2012
    The BEST game of my favorite game series. Deserves the 10 I give it. Proud to call it my favorite game. It mixes flawless game play with a compelling story. I was also skeptical of the "kinect enhanced" but i'm SOOO glad that it is easy to use and fun to play with.
  75. Mar 8, 2012
    Everything about this game proves Bioware's crowning achievement. It takes everything right about the previous games and betters them, and fixes all the technical issues. The combat is better than it's ever been, there are fewer technical issues. The writing is once again brilliant. Applaud Bioware, folks, they have done it again.
  76. Mar 14, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 takes the relationships and choices you've made through the series and wraps them up in an emotional and awesome experience. I wanted to hate this game, just like most of the people here, but it just did such a fantastic job of making me feel real emotions for the choices I made and the characters I've grown to love since the series birth. The story arcs within the game are fantastic on their own.

As someone who hates the second game, I can say without hesitation that Mass Effect 3 makes a great close to the series, even if only for the emotional reunions and choices. If your a fan of the series, and have grown to care for its cast of characters at all, this game will invoke emotions that few others can.
  77. Nov 29, 2012
    The galaxy is at war, the Reapers have begun their harvest of all sentient life in the galaxy and only you can stop them. Shepard must assemble his remaining crew members and the rest of their species to form together as a resistance and stop the Reapers. With a 30+ hour story, excellent shooting & RPG mechanics make Mass Effect 3 a fantastic end to the trilogy. The best sci-fi saga in years and one everyone should experience. Expand
  78. Mar 7, 2012
    Best game in my favorite gameseries of all time. there are truly few games whose story has a real soul to it. I laughed cried and often found myself just sitting there smiling at what happened at the screen. And for me it simply does not get any better.
  79. Mar 7, 2012
    My earlier review was removed... I don't know why, it contained no spoilers, profanities, hate speech, or anything that would violate Metacritics strict terms and conditions.

I am only guilty of giving this game a 10 out of 10. Because it is another excellent addition to BioWares already incredible franchise!
  80. Mar 6, 2012
    ok firstly all of the 0's jus what the hell is wrong with you people barely any game deserves a zero truely terrible games maybe a 2 or 3 but a zero for a game that is this brilliant even if you dislike it, it should at least be a 5 and secondly in my opinion this is one of the best games ever and a perfectly brilliant and satisfying ending to one of the best trilogies gaming has ever seen this is why i give a 10/10 Expand
  81. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is excellent - not sure what others are trying to do with low scores.
    Like really? What's the end game here? Hurt a good developer?

Clearly Bioware put a lot of love into the finale. Great story - refined gameplay - nvidia 3D looks incredible. Psyched my girlfriend can try the 'narrative only' mode. They've filled a void in the sci-fi universe - something between blade runner
    and star wars. Not through the entire game - but level of polish, combined with great story, puts it on track for a 9 or above. Expand
  82. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware has done it again folks. The conclusion to one of the greatest stories ever told is here and it does not disappoint. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you care and it will make you think. No game that I know can meet its match. In the end, you cant really put a score on a game like this. Sure, there maybe technical hiccups here and there, but its Bioware's ability to make you forget these problems even exist and fully put you in a world where everything is at stake. Id go further in depth but I don't really feel that I need to. The game says everything that needs to be said. Expand
  83. Mar 7, 2012
    So far the interface is incredible, it feels very cinematic, and the degree to which your actions affect the story line is amazing. I recommend this game to any RPG enthusiasts as well as to anybody that like first person shooters. Beautiful and awesome in its scope.
  84. Mar 8, 2012
    to all of you who gave this game a low score: what did you expect form a story based action rpg? the main focus of this game has always been its great storyline and his awesome characters which are obviously awesome again. the mechanics weren't good in the previous games and they obviously aren't good in this one. but if you didn't expect that... i kinda feel sorry for your slow-wittedness. after all this game is great and i'm thanking bioware for another great story based game... btw i think after playing the whole series i wouldn't call it an action rpg. i think it's more of a tpg (TalePlayingGame) with rpg elements. Expand
  85. smb
    Mar 8, 2012
    Excellent, a very very good game, I have playes mass effect 1 and 2 and if you like them, you should play it whit no doubt .
  86. Mar 8, 2012
    this game is great i love the dialogue and the memorable characters returning and the multiplayer is a great addition to the mass effect series and has rich environments to discover
  87. Mar 8, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 delivers in all respects. This game is truly firing on all cylinders, gameplay, characterization, plotting, action, everything! I fail to understand all the negative ratings, that really seem to be more out of spite that the game didn't fit into what were there preconceived "notions" than actual reasonable criticisms of the game itself. Because, let's face it people, Mass Effect 3 probably won't be topped again in 2012. Or 2013. Or 2014. Etc. Releasing dlc on the release date of the game is a money grab, but it doesn't make the game bad. The number of fallacies that contradicts is astounding. Expand
  88. Mar 28, 2012
    The only true thing that should ever be fixed about Mass Effect 3 is not just the end but the last mission. The whole last hour of the game seems rushed and unfinished whereas the rest of the game is well done. Adding a new ending wont change the fact they released the game with this ending and people wont forget they can forgive but not forget.
  89. Mar 9, 2012
    Game is AMAZING! Many emotions, many drive. Find story like in Mass Effec!. Find so fantastic emotions! Find so amazing EPIC You can't find it in Skyrim or Amalur. Free world is not better than GREAT story! So many agressive! Why? Gamers, WAKE UP! Stop it. This game survive is better than 5! It is a LEGEND.
  90. Mar 8, 2012
    Terrific addition to the series! Mass Effect 3 is a perfected version of the second game of the trilogy. Mass Effect 2 was terrific and one of the best games I've ever played. For them to be able to add another one to the series with better game play and a better plot is an amazing achievement. Small, yet likable additions have been made to the combat; such as powerful melee attacks, and far more maneuvering and dodging capabilities. In terms of the plot, the characters are always unique and interesting. Although at first glance it may seem tedious, talking to other members of your team never seems to get boring, as they all seem to have relatively interesting back stories. And ignoring the occasional cliches in the dialogue, credit should also be given to the voice actors, who conveyed emotions extremely well.

Some of the most important improvements to game lie in the character customization. Now, players can customize weapons and armor far more extensively. A large variety of perks are available which can improve any characteristics of the weapons and armor. Shops are now available inside the player's own ship, which makes it far less laborious to buy upgrades to weapons and armor.
  91. Mar 8, 2012
    I love it, gotten goosebumps playing this game more than I can ever recall from a video game. Seeing how so many characters that I care about have grown, is fantastic. I love the job the writers did with many of the characters. Certain ones that I felt lacked emotion early on in the series and didn't like as much as others, really seem to have evolved. Very pleased with Mass Effect 3.
  92. Apr 8, 2012
    The Mass Effect trilogy receives it's latest and last chapter. After starting up the game I immediately noticed big differences. You have 'less say' in the dialogue options. Comparing it to Mass Effect 1 it's a huge leap backwards. Why would you take away something that made the first one so great?! Don't get me wrong, you still have times where you have to choose between outcome A or B, and believe me when I say that those choices are immensely difficult, that because you realy care about the characters and story... also Mass Effect 3 hugely improved on the combat system, it's near perfect. You realy enjoy using the weapons and powers to take town hordes of enemies... this all on a great galactic scale while explosion and reaper invasion-sounds hurl around you. Epic, I'd say. The Multiplayer has this great combat aswel, minus the epicness that you get in the single-player ofc. ... After having several friends telling me the ending is completely out of place... I finally got to the end. I have to say, it's not THAT bad... It's still epic and the climax is there! ... but I do have to agree, it gives no closure on Shepard or everyone else around him/her. Mass Effect 3 is a great game, you notice the hard labor that Bioware made for making this title, and the Original Score + the graphical design and presentation makes this one hell of a trip into the sci-fi universe of Mass Effect. So all in all, I know the ending could've been much better, but since EA announced they will give us more closure in the near future, I believe it will make this game jump that one step higher on my personal scoreboard. Expand
  93. Mar 6, 2012
    I love this game. So much. This game is the pinnacle of everything BioWare has learned about storytelling throughout the Mass Effect series. While the first game was heavy on plot-driven storytelling and the second was heavy on the character development, Mass Effect 3 has both in spades. The cutscenes vary between epic and heartwrenching, the dialogue is great, and the voice acting has improved. The fate of all life in the entire galaxy rests on Shepard's shoulders, as it has since Mass Effect 1, but for the first time in the series, it's easy to get a sense of just how heavy that burden is. Expand
  94. Mar 16, 2012
    I honestly don't know why everyone is complaining... I've been following this series since Mass Effect 1, and this final installment does not disappoint.
  95. Mar 6, 2012
  96. Mar 6, 2012
    As a generic rank and file sphess mareen, I really related to James Vega. It's good that bland, roid pumped people like me are getting represented in video games. Thank you Bioware.
  97. Mar 6, 2012
    Honestly this game is just down right amazing. Mass Effect 3's story is just breathtaking, its graphics are great, the action is good, and the way your choices impact the story makes you truly feel like you make a difference. Please don't let the user score on this website sway you from playing this game. Mass Effect 3 is a great game that should be experience by everybody who owns a console or a pc. Expand
  98. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is beautiful. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly have played through the entire thing so quickly. Even playing straight through I'm not all that far in.
  99. Mar 11, 2012
    I've previously really enjoyed the mass effect series. Played the whole thing, taken the time in each game to explore every facet of the universe, explore each nook and cranny; and ultimately enjoy the ending i (felt) like i carved wth my character. ME3 let me into the mass effect universe again which i was happy about, it let me make differences, resolve rivalries and most importantly form a connection with characters both new and old. Graphics were fine, there was some texture pop in, and characters randomly dissapearing but i accept that as just part of the course for a game of such scale. Sound and music were fine too, alot of recycled music and effects but hey they worked, they still do. Gameplay was fine, typical ME gameplay, i liked the alterations to the skill try that let you customize it abit more. Customizations for weapons could have been made abit more so that they actually made a noticeable difference rather than passive alterations. But overall no real complaints with gameplay, not groundbreaking, but a tried and tested formulae.

Story: this is where my problems lay. I like the idea of the reapers, the whole cyclic nature of the galaxy shepard lives in.. and even all the characters. I liked vega, even though he was a massive stereotype. I had nothing against that reporter wearing skin tight pvc, but i thought she was just a gimic and could have been implemented alot better. BUT what i didnt like was the ending... i spent the entire game making decisions that i felt mattered to be slapped in the face with that pile of rubbish. Normally i'm not one to really care, because hey.. its a game. But i spent a good portion of my life playing mass effect, and i feel abit screwed over by poor writing in the end! Its like buying a brand new car only to find out the air conditioning makes the car smell of fish, not soul destroying, but damn annoying. Everything boils down to an a'la deus ex:human revolution style ending, rendering everything you did previously useless. I just feel cheated by the designers that they sold (and i bought), massively marketed, pushed and succeeded in pushing something shoddy like this. I just fear its a sign of the times we live in when designers think its fine to end a story like this. Its not fine to create and sell something that ends like this.
  100. Mar 12, 2012
    This is a masterpiece of a video game. All of you people who are freaking about this game, are the same ones who freaked about Elder Scrolls and such... These are amazing games, that take you on amazing journeys. I don't know what you want from games? If you can't enjoy Mass Effect 3, then you seriously need to analyze if you are just too jaded to be playing video games at all. This game does not deserve a 1 or a zero and for anyone to give it such a designation just shows they nothing about games. You gamers are giving us all bad names, and it must stop. Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best game ever? Probably not. Is it a very good game? Yes, as someone who has been playing games since pong, yes, it is a good game, and it is like nothing else on the market. Expand

1. May 12, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an emotional rollercoaster ride with lots of tension and moving moments. The threat of the Reapers make every decision a hard one and your relationship with other characters will be tested. This, in combination with tight gameplay, makes this the complete experience.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    As a bombastic action-RPG with no previous context, Mass Effect 3 is a dark, engaging game with great combat, a well-written story, and all the epic space-opera you could want. But for those who have played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, it's something much more.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    The storytelling itself, the more refined combat, the voicework, the visuals, et all, stand as a fine example of some of the best this industry has to offer, and with my minor complaints aside, there's no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will be deservedly at the top of everyone's list come this year's award season.