5.7

1. Mar 6, 2012
    This has been some ride, since Mass Effect first grabbed my attention. I have played through every bit of the first two games, and loved every minute. Now the final comes, and I feel equal parts excited and sad. Sad that it will have to end, but thrilled to get a chance to play it. And it does not disappoint. The emotion - always the strong point of Mass Effect - is brought to anotherThis has been some ride, since Mass Effect first grabbed my attention. I have played through every bit of the first two games, and loved every minute. Now the final comes, and I feel equal parts excited and sad. Sad that it will have to end, but thrilled to get a chance to play it. And it does not disappoint. The emotion - always the strong point of Mass Effect - is brought to another level. The characters that I have come to care so much about are even more fleshed out. And the goosebumps at certain points of the game...well, I won't spoil. Just get it. Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2012
    Although not perfect, it is far from the 1-4's that people are giving it. This game is a fantastic end to the trilogy in almost every aspect. Sure the story doesn't seem as in depth as the other two games, the decisions don't feel as though they mean as much but this is the last ride for Shepard. The decisions you make in this game must effect the game instantly as you are building up theAlthough not perfect, it is far from the 1-4's that people are giving it. This game is a fantastic end to the trilogy in almost every aspect. Sure the story doesn't seem as in depth as the other two games, the decisions don't feel as though they mean as much but this is the last ride for Shepard. The decisions you make in this game must effect the game instantly as you are building up the forces to defeat the Reapers, not be sure to effect your character 3 games from now. Overall the music, pacing, graphics (little buggy) and game play are great. Add in the ability to mod your weapons again and this game has some great value to it. It may not be the end all to video games, but it is far from the lowest of the low scores some have given it. If you love the series and have are not childish in your demands for the perfect game you'll love this game. I am a huge fan of the series and am happy to have invested all of the hours past into the trilogy. It's hard to look at this game and complain when the blockbuster mentality is there in spades in every battle leading up to the ultimate decision at the end, bravo BioWare. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    2007, I will never forget you for you introduced me to the 7th gen of gaming and the best Sci fI GASIM that I have had in gaming since Wing Commander. ME1 was the high of my 25years of gaming. What makes it even better is that us gamers get 2 more games:) Haters will hate. But you have to be very spoilt to hate such a piece of art made by passionate hard working people. Sure I hate day 12007, I will never forget you for you introduced me to the 7th gen of gaming and the best Sci fI GASIM that I have had in gaming since Wing Commander. ME1 was the high of my 25years of gaming. What makes it even better is that us gamers get 2 more games:) Haters will hate. But you have to be very spoilt to hate such a piece of art made by passionate hard working people. Sure I hate day 1 DLC but that is just the new work model of todays Industry so get over it.

I gave it a 10 based on the simple fact that it has to be better than ME1. Good Effort and thanks for my 90-100hours of Sci Fi bliss. Something that Star Trek should have done.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    Nothing less then perfection. I managed to get a copy a few days early and I never thought the story and game could top what the last two games have delivered, but this keeps getting better and better! You really do feel the weight of those decisions you made. Its great to finally see the outcome of these shaping after waiting for 5 years in curiosity as to what would happen.Nothing less then perfection. I managed to get a copy a few days early and I never thought the story and game could top what the last two games have delivered, but this keeps getting better and better! You really do feel the weight of those decisions you made. Its great to finally see the outcome of these shaping after waiting for 5 years in curiosity as to what would happen. Certainly doesn't disappoint! Gameplay mechanics have taken a sharp turn for the better and have progressed a long way since ME2. It great a lot of mods that were a fun point of ME1 have returned also. Shepard's story could not have asked for a better conclusion then this! Massive credit to Bioware to improving on a series that is already top of its league! No easy feat, but they have done it with flying colors! Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2012
    I honestly thought I would have mixed feelings about this game. I was dead wrong. Its now my favorite game and will stay that way for a long time. This game feels completely original and new. I have never played a quite like it and there is no other game that is like it. The level of depth and character that is put into this is astonishing.
  6. Mar 7, 2012
    I don't really understand why some users are giving this game such a low score, while it may differ from the previous slightly its not enough to warrant a 0 or 1 rating. Its interesting that users who game the game a 9-10 for mass effect 2 are now giving it a 1. Seems to me like something else is bothering players and its not the game play, I think the game is pretty freaking good if you ask me
  7. Mar 6, 2012
    Great end to a trilogy, if you play games to have fun and enjoy an amazing world then this game is for you. All of our favorite characters from the past games make a return and all conflicts established throughout the series get an ending. Mass Effect 3 has a darker tone than previous installments and the game keeps you surprised up to the end. The combat is more fun than ever with diverseGreat end to a trilogy, if you play games to have fun and enjoy an amazing world then this game is for you. All of our favorite characters from the past games make a return and all conflicts established throughout the series get an ending. Mass Effect 3 has a darker tone than previous installments and the game keeps you surprised up to the end. The combat is more fun than ever with diverse enemies and great customizing options which always change your experience. There are bugs, but less than most releases I have played over the past year. Definitely the best game I have played since The Witcher 2 Expand
  8. Mar 6, 2012
    Great game. A fitting end to the trilogy. Commenting on mechanics and writing for now, as I haven't yet beaten the game (don't believe the preteens who say they have, it's only been like 2 hours since the game dropped). Story-telling is as good as the other two, and Bioware has brought back many of the customization options left out of ME2, making this game resemble ME1 more than itsGreat game. A fitting end to the trilogy. Commenting on mechanics and writing for now, as I haven't yet beaten the game (don't believe the preteens who say they have, it's only been like 2 hours since the game dropped). Story-telling is as good as the other two, and Bioware has brought back many of the customization options left out of ME2, making this game resemble ME1 more than its protige.

Over-all a phenomenal game, and something that fans of the first two games will enjoy. I recommend playing ME1 and 2 before purchasing this game, as a lack of knowledge bout the story-line is going to make you unappreciative of the effort given.
  9. Mar 6, 2012
    A sparkling meta-game with flawed minigames, but still worth playing. Mass Effect 3 is a stunning tour de force of an epic, arrayed with a cast ranging from legendary writer Jennifer Hepler to reformed misogynist Jim Sterling and such media luminaries as Kotaku or Rock Paper Shotgun. Its story arcs span intrepid epics from the great script leak of 2011, where the seeds of backlash wereA sparkling meta-game with flawed minigames, but still worth playing. Mass Effect 3 is a stunning tour de force of an epic, arrayed with a cast ranging from legendary writer Jennifer Hepler to reformed misogynist Jim Sterling and such media luminaries as Kotaku or Rock Paper Shotgun. Its story arcs span intrepid epics from the great script leak of 2011, where the seeds of backlash were first sown. Subsequent chapters as the leak of the story book are also worth playing, where you discover that many of the supposed characters were not who you expected, adding both intrigue and drama into the mix. When the second act ended, and Hepler was stoned by the masses despite not even having a role in the great BioWar, I was rapt with trepidation as Sterling rode to her rescue. The third act proves to be even better, with such missions as the Great DLC Robbery and Space Needs Games. Indeed, ME 3 is a stunning indictment of the electronic gaming industry and the insidious ability for media outlets, backed with hard corporate cash, has morphed it into a culture of conformity. Mass Effect 3 highlights this process, from the beginning at the ashes of the previous game to its non-conclusion, in which we have to purchase for $9.99 on the Origin marketplace. The writing of this meta-game is beyond reproach, though the character design leads some room to be desired. However, this masterpiece has a few flaws. The mini-games are not particularly entertaining. The dating simulator is simplistic and contains much laughable dialogue, though it is understandable given that it is a satire designed to parody sophomoric RPGs of yesteryear. The "Cmmdr. Shepherd" gun and run sections fall prey to numerous glitches, rendering levels unplayable or at least requiring numerous playthroughs. Enemy designs are uninspired and spawn incessantly, a fitting tribute to the Gauntlet games that were such a great influence on Bioware. The level design is somewhat mediocre, but understandable given how the bulk of the development cycle was spent polishing the other areas of the meta-game, especially the Forums Realm.

Speaking of which, the Fandom faction's role throughout this game is simply tremendous. The Biodrone hive's rise and implosion was a chilling morality play fit for these uncertain times, and truly Bioware has conveyed in vibrant imagery what happens when large groups of people act mindlessly. Bioware's avant-garde depictions of "fanservice" present the proverbial fall of an hubristic artist become waylaid by easy money. ME 3 cleverly teaches this moral lesson, which should be remembered by every game designer, by showing the bizarre incestuous relationship between the fandom, engaged in the torid cutscenes known as "shipping", and the company itself. The company, in turn, rewards the fandom by courteously appropriating its creations, as we see vividly displayed in the ending, a beautiful DA artpiece that Bioware exposes to the world. Ultimately, Mass Effect 3 is not truly a game, but a moment. An experience. It transcends media boundaries and challenges our perceptions as to what games are and what they are made of and what they can do. Who are players and who are characters. What is the pH level of the bodily fluids of an alien lifeform. If you enjoy stunning cinematic takedowns, you will love this game.
  10. Mar 6, 2012
    This website needs a real review....

This website needs a real review....

I'm giving this game a 9. After playing it through once, I have to say that in terms of gameplay and experiences, it is easily the best in the series. Unfortunately the game does have a rather ridiculous and depressing ending. Your choices throughout the game do little to affect the outcome. But the rest of the game is absolutely amazing. Quality writing, wonderful characters, beautiful environments and a greatly revamped inventory system make it the best in the series, save for the finale. I would give everything until the ending a 10. The end itself I give a 2.
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    A perfect game. They added more rpg elements back that they toned down in ME2, giving you more control over item customization and weapon variation as well as leveling, which I really appreciated. The story telling, as always is fantastic. Bioware remains one of the best game developers in history.

And for all you DLC whiners, don't buy it if you don't want it. But let's be honest, you should all just be glad that game prices haven't risen at all in the past few years. The cost to create new games continues to rise, but companies aren't punishing us, the gamers by raising costs again. They're finding creative ways to make a profit and in many cases break even. So if you want to rate a game a zero because a company is letting some people spend extra money on extra content so that I can still enjoy one of the best games ever made at $60, you all deserve the self misery you're forcing yourselves to live by not enjoying this game like you should.
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    Please don't give the game 0/10 because you don't like the DLC. I have no DLC and the game is absolutely incredible, even better than ME2. You want to buy this, you will not regret it!!
  13. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass effect 3 is a superb game, Everything is bigger and better and the combat has improved a lot, it is a lot more fluent. The only downside for me is the day one dlc but this is no reason to give the game a zero like all does haters. It's the best mass effect in the trilogy!
  14. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the conclusion of the most well written story in gaming history. I have been gaming since the days of Zelda on the NES. This game takes everything we ever wanted in a video game and made it real. Our decisions, our choices, and our actions matter not across one cinematic but across a trilogy. If you told me 10 years ago a game will do this I would not have believed it.Mass Effect 3 is the conclusion of the most well written story in gaming history. I have been gaming since the days of Zelda on the NES. This game takes everything we ever wanted in a video game and made it real. Our decisions, our choices, and our actions matter not across one cinematic but across a trilogy. If you told me 10 years ago a game will do this I would not have believed it. This game engages you in such a way that you care about the characters; both those fighting with you and hating those or trying to understand those fighting against you. Mass Effect puts us in an universe that is comparable to Star Wars or Star Trek. This game is so big in content that this review is based on a few hours of game-play and the experience of ME1 and ME2. Anyone giving this game negative reviews because of the choices Sheppard can make regarding love interests are ignorant and narrow minded. This game is the Game of the Year contender right now as nothing slated for release this year can compare. Expand
  15. Mar 7, 2012
    It's not the game I anticipated, but it IS a great game. The series came a long way. I was skeptical of the multiplayer component. Bioware blended the customization of ME1 and the streamlined gameplay of ME2. Even though ME2 was an improvement in almost every conceivable way, they listened to fans that took issue with the changes. Now many of the same fans are trolling metacritic.
  16. Mar 6, 2012
    Wonderful, emotional, massive, beautiful, meaningful, heartwarming, epic, end of an era, breath taking, superb, delightful, earth shattering, eye candy.

Thank you Bioware for finishing the trilogy with the same care and attention to detail you have given the entire series.
  17. Mar 6, 2012
    Best game ever. Mass effect 3 not only caps off the story of the last two games it tells a gripping story on it's own. The combat is great, on par with earlier gears of war games. The multiplayer is an excellent addition to the series providing hours extra gameplay. The facial animations are great, the best I've seen. This is the game bioware promised and so much more
  18. Mar 6, 2012
    It's a shame that people are posting such misinformed and in more than one instance, homophobic reviews for this game. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is the best it has ever been and I've known this since the demo was released. The story is incredible (so far) and as I recall, the entire franchise is know for letting you make your own decisions - it doesn't force you intoIt's a shame that people are posting such misinformed and in more than one instance, homophobic reviews for this game. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is the best it has ever been and I've known this since the demo was released. The story is incredible (so far) and as I recall, the entire franchise is know for letting you make your own decisions - it doesn't force you into anything - claiming that you are 'forced' into a virtual gay relationship is absolutely absurd. Reviewing a game based on downloadable content, day one or not, is also absurd. It's unfortunate to see such a great game and a great developer being attacked in such a petty manner. The Mass Effect series has been among the best gaming experiences I have had, and Bioware deserves a lot more respect. Expand
  19. Mar 6, 2012
    This is why we have professional critics. Nothing about this game is a disappointment if you know what to expect. Make sure to pay attention to the content of individual reviews before jumping to conclusions.

Gameplay and RPG aspects are at the high-point in the series. The dialogue is still awful, even ungrammatic and stereotypical at times, but lovable. The "auto dialogue" complaints are mostly because Bioware decided to add something which adds atmosphere, flavor, and character depth in the narrative by putting more dialogue in specific context. Compare this to only being able to talk to squadmates on your ship on occasion, and having everything Shepard says pre-rendered anyway, choice or not; and having numerous examples of dialogue 'choices' where Shepard only said one thing, wherever his mouse or controller clicked on the wheel. This how increased sophistication of ME3's features relative to the previous games becomes basis for trolling.
  20. Mar 6, 2012
    Easily the best of the trilogy, and the best game of this console generation. Don't let the story scare you if you haven't played the first two(if you haven't, YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD). The game is a masterpiece, and should be checked out by anyone who plays video games period.
  21. Mar 6, 2012
    esse game poderia ser exclusivo do xbox360, até pq a versão do ps3 ta pior sempre, multi console no xbox360 é super foda, ps3 tem muito nome e só isso!
  22. Mar 6, 2012
    Ignore this troll filled cavern that has become the User Score area for ME3... the critics reviews sum it up perfectly - the near perfect end to the best sci-fi trilogy ever, in any medium ever... I have clocked in 22 hours so far and it is blowing me away.. I've already needed to call in sick for the second day straight, my body was ready - but my timesheet wasn't.. it didn't ask forIgnore this troll filled cavern that has become the User Score area for ME3... the critics reviews sum it up perfectly - the near perfect end to the best sci-fi trilogy ever, in any medium ever... I have clocked in 22 hours so far and it is blowing me away.. I've already needed to call in sick for the second day straight, my body was ready - but my timesheet wasn't.. it didn't ask for this.. but it's damn well getting it. Mass Effect 3 holiday has begun!

With Mass Effect 2 being my all time favourite game ever, it's the best place to look for direct comparisons (sorry series noobz, you need to play ME1 & ME2 to truly appreciate this game IMHO). I would say it is less of a jump, more of a hop in terms of gameplay and mechanics compared to ME2, but THE STORY IS AMAZING (I'm over 1/2 way currently, and s*** is getting tense!) and the story/character development is designed so perfectly, Leonardo DaVinci would be proud of it's vision and divine beauty. If you were worried Bioware might have dumbed down the writing, you would be wrong. Don't let the demo's first bits penned dialogue give you a wrong impression of the rest of the games wordplay, it gets MUCH BETTER with 'We Fight or we Die that's the plan' and some other choice phrases from the very start of the game being the only real flat material.. seriously should have taken the demo from any other part of the game to showcase FAR better character interaction and impressive dialogue choice trees. I have noticed the further into the game you go, the more interwoven elements from the previous games become apparent and really knock your socks off... You get many Kaiser Soze moments, and I'm only 1/2 way through this bad boy.. The culmination of everything I love about Sci-Fi, Mass Effect 3 is a masterpiece.
    It's what Return of the Jedi should have been, it's that good. Go out and buy this now. A Mal Reynolds approved 'Shiny' full marks for my game of the.. well, life. (it's that good, honest!)
  23. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm appauled to see so much negative comments toward this game that just came out today. This game is clearly an excellent piece of work and Canadian developer BioWare have really out done themselves with the story. I almost laughed at the trolls posting so much negative stuff about a game they never really played yet. Graphics: 9.3/10 BioWare really improved the lighting this time aroundI'm appauled to see so much negative comments toward this game that just came out today. This game is clearly an excellent piece of work and Canadian developer BioWare have really out done themselves with the story. I almost laughed at the trolls posting so much negative stuff about a game they never really played yet. Graphics: 9.3/10 BioWare really improved the lighting this time around and the general atmosphere of the sci-fi is amazing. Some minor texture pop in is the only real downside. Sound: 10/10 the VO is absolutely top notch and the sound effects are nicely done too. Gameplay: 9.6/10 same basics as ME2 but wayyyy better combat. Length: 10/10 You'll beat it once and just want to play it again and again. Multiplayer is a nice addition too. Overall: 9.8/10 Masterpiece and a must buy. Don't listen to other user reviews on this game. Expand
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is awesome. All these people are just trolling. Stupid idiots ruining this website.......................................................................................................................
  25. Mar 6, 2012
    Its a solid game for me, with minor flaws. The flaws thats in the game is overshadowed by the great story. The game I think has more RPG elements than the 2:nd instalment but not as much as the first one. But it enough i think.
  26. Mar 9, 2012
    Incredible game. Filled with excitement. Great graphics, incredible story. People shouldn't play Mass Effect 3. They should live it. It's incredible, more than we could have hoped for.
  27. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is perfect in every way. Granted, I'm mostly writing this review to counter all the droves of idiots that haven't even played the game yet.
  28. Mar 6, 2012
    I can't believe people are giving it zeros just because of day one DLC. Apparently they just don't know how game development works. 10 because it's an amazing game with amazing DLC
  29. Mar 6, 2012
    My favorite part of the trilogy. Had high hopes and it delivered in almost every aspect. It's amazing to see all the various stories, conflicts and character arcs started in ME1 5 years ago get proper resolutions
  30. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only thing that is kinda lame about ME3 is all the day 1 DLC. I agree that if we're already forking over $60 for a brand new game it's pretty cheap to make us pay another $10 for a few extra guns that aren't that great. That aside though ME3 is still an awesome game. If you've played the first two and had a good time I don't think the average player, who isn't a picky little priss, will find very much to complain about. Expand
  31. Mar 6, 2012
    People are rating this game bad based on things to do with, Homosexuality,day 1 DLC, and other stupid reasons. First of all, the day 1 DLC is not mandatory, it's just a DLC that feeds you more of a side story then anything else, and they made this AFTER they finished creating the game. What difference does it make if they release it on day 1 or waiting a month to release it? The DLC hasPeople are rating this game bad based on things to do with, Homosexuality,day 1 DLC, and other stupid reasons. First of all, the day 1 DLC is not mandatory, it's just a DLC that feeds you more of a side story then anything else, and they made this AFTER they finished creating the game. What difference does it make if they release it on day 1 or waiting a month to release it? The DLC has nothing to do with the main quest, it isn't vital. The people giving this game a 0 shouldn't review games, because I'm sure this game is better than a 0 or even mediocre. Most people giving this game a 0 haven't even played the game or they say the story sucks but they also say that they only played a few hours of the game. First of all complete the game before reviewing it. That is like rating a movie based on it's trailer. I'm not reviewing this game, because I haven't played it yet. But I was compelled to write to all those people who cry about dumb crap. They also say that there is hardely any gameplay it's all cutscenes.... Ok so why rate it 0? If that was the case then Metal Gear Solid 4 should of got a 0 too. I doubt that Mass Effect 3 had lenghty cutscenes like Metal Gear Soild 4. The Elder Scroll games get praised all the time (except for PS3 version) and everytime you walk through a door or o to a next area, it has to load. I don't see anyone complaining about that. But people complain about cutscenes. I'd rather watch a cutscene then watch a loading screen. Anyway you people destroy gaming, and are not happy with anything. maybe that is the reason games are becomming less fun, because the creators don't know what the "fans" want anymore. How come people go all crazy about any Call of Duty game and it's all recycled crap and they are all the same game, but they don't complain about that, they sell the same game every year, and people don't complain, but they will complain about Day 1 DLC for 10 bucks.. Bioware atleast tries to make a decent game. Same with Guitar Hero, people use to buy every Guitar Hero when infact it's all the same game. Just like Call of Duty. Yet these games get praised. Hmmmm..... Give the game a serious review, because a 0 isn't fair. Go play Call of Duty. Expand
  32. Apr 16, 2013
    If the user score wasn't so low I'd give it a 9 or 8, but a 10 because it's so low... Why is it so low?! This game was absolutely incredible. It wasn't as good as the first or second, but this game is epic. Multiplayer was a worthy inclusion to it and everything else came together... An awesome game
  33. Nov 12, 2013
    This is definitely one of the best games i have ever played, and personally one of my favorites of all time. The story and characters are above average in fact they are the best i have ever seen in any game to date. There is so much emotion in the dialogue, the action is intense, well presented, and cinematic. The choices your character makes are more impact full. There is one instance inThis is definitely one of the best games i have ever played, and personally one of my favorites of all time. The story and characters are above average in fact they are the best i have ever seen in any game to date. There is so much emotion in the dialogue, the action is intense, well presented, and cinematic. The choices your character makes are more impact full. There is one instance in the game i won't spoil for anyone but it involves the Geth, and Tali, and one of the choices made me feel so much emotion i almost cried. Fortunately i ran into very little glitches. My personal favorite character from this game other than commander Shepard is The Illusive Man voice by Martin Sheen, he is well voiced, and character is well written. Now the only other problem with the game that i found was there were less companions, but each were interesting so that didn't bother me that much. For the people who say the ending ruined the game it didn't yes the original ending did not solve much it was just inconclusive but did not ruin the whole game. The ending did not interfere with my experience because overall the writing was extremely strong. There is a massive amount of content in this game. It took me Thirty plus hours. Overall i give this game a Ten, and it does not mean that the game is perfect it just means the pros far outweigh the cons. Expand
  34. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics are starting to look a little out dated but there are moments where they look amazing. Mostly when there’s blue lighting. 9.0.
    Sound: Professional Bioware voice acting as you know it, themes were great. 10.
    Sound: Professional Bioware voice acting as you know it, themes were great. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay feels a little more casual than usual, although it is very similar to Mass Effect 2 (at least for my character). RPG elements are similar, but the game doesn’t need any tweaks, it seems just fine. The problem with the gameplay is that it gets way to repetitive, and I went ahead and did every mission available. It feels like a chore at times, and some moments that are meant to be scripted events, look only decent. In my opinion they should have left the scripted events to the professionals at Naughty Dog, but there are still okay moments, but nothing that will drop you out of your seat. Mass Effect 2 was better in almost every way. The way the game builds relationships is a lot more strict than in the previous game. Still with some of those cons, Mass Effect 3’s gameplay is still a must play, especially those like myself who transferred their saves since the first title. 8.5.
    Story: The story was a pretty good story, and near the ending it did get ridiculous but it was still okay. I didn’t really understand all the outrage just because of the ending, it was still a proper way to end a trilogy assuming that was Biowares goal. 8.0.
    Lasting Appeal: The game is still worth the buy, I clocked almost 30hours, doing everything. 10.
    Overall Score: 9.1 out of 10.
  35. Nov 29, 2012
    The galaxy is at war, the Reapers have begun their harvest of all sentient life in the galaxy and only you can stop them. Shepard must assemble his remaining crew members and the rest of their species to form together as a resistance and stop the Reapers. With a 30+ hour story, excellent shooting & RPG mechanics make Mass Effect 3 a fantastic end to the trilogy. The best sci-fi saga inThe galaxy is at war, the Reapers have begun their harvest of all sentient life in the galaxy and only you can stop them. Shepard must assemble his remaining crew members and the rest of their species to form together as a resistance and stop the Reapers. With a 30+ hour story, excellent shooting & RPG mechanics make Mass Effect 3 a fantastic end to the trilogy. The best sci-fi saga in years and one everyone should experience. Expand
  36. Dec 14, 2012
    Utterly breathtaking visuals. The levels/areas are just so incredibly detailed and grand in scale, but that seems to be theme of the game as a whole: Grandness. For me this game was a light step down from the last two games. It just didn't feel like you had the same sense of freedom that Mass Effect 1 & 2 offered you. But, I do get that it was the point and due to the narrative. The storyUtterly breathtaking visuals. The levels/areas are just so incredibly detailed and grand in scale, but that seems to be theme of the game as a whole: Grandness. For me this game was a light step down from the last two games. It just didn't feel like you had the same sense of freedom that Mass Effect 1 & 2 offered you. But, I do get that it was the point and due to the narrative. The story is just beyond grandness and it just builds and builds until ...... you get a really anti-climatic ending?! Thankfully the Extend Cut DLC does fix this and gives the ending it should have gotten (even though they still could have done better.) Overall: A fantastic finish to a wonderful trilogy and I look forward to where Mass Effect franchise will head to next. Expand
  37. Dec 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect 3 is an incredibly controversial game, it has seen a lot of hate for all the flaws it has, these include a lack of dialogue options compared to the original two, more action oriented gameplay and a unsatisfying ending, for the most part these criticisms are valid, but even though there are many problems with the game I have no trouble in saying that Mass Effect 3 is a masterpiece.

The Characters: Mass Effect 3 for all the things it did wrong, it did many things ozzing with greatness, first of the greatest thing about the game is the characters, Garrus, Liara, Mordin, Legion, Thane, Anderson and my personal favourite character in the third installment ; EDI. They all have masterful moments, these moments range from being incredibly sad and emotional to moments which put a massive smile on your face.

The Story: Mass Effect 3 has a damn good story (for the most part), and even though the story is a far worse RPG than 2, and especially Mass Effect 1, this doesn't mean that the story is any worse, people complain about the game compared to the previous two, but fail to realize that Mass Effect 3 is its own game, and is just as good, but in many different areas. The story is about taking down the reapers and gathering alliances to stop them, this will take you on an incredible journey full of beautifully executed moments, some of these moments I'd dare say are some of the greatest moments in media history.

Gameplay and Presentation: Mass Effect 3 has once again greatly improved the gameplay for the series, the shooting mechanics have been tweaked and are better than ever, which still not masterful by any means, with a few bugs here and there, they controls are still pretty damn good. The Presentation hasn't improved so much from Mass Effect 2, but then again Mass Effect 2's feel and artistic style was near perfect, so there's no complaints here. Unlike Mass Effect 1, where you would land on a planet, which where always the same planet, just re textured , with the same facilities and artistic design, Mass Effect 3's location all feel diverse and wonderfully crafted.

The Ending: The original ending was a highly disappointing conclusion, the extended cut made things a lot better, and despite the plot holes gave me a sense of closure

Conclusion: Mass Effect 3 is a wonderful game, with great characters, great stories and great artistic design, and despite its flaws, and Casey Hudson's artistic integrity, Mass Effect 3 is a tremendous game and deserves to be played.
  38. May 22, 2012
    I know lots of gamers think that the ending is very disappointing, but Bioware will bring the extended cut and then I decide about the ending-thing. Besides that ME3 is a solid third part of the franchise with good graphics, great voice acting, good story and perfect gameplay. Its multiplayer is also very addictive and you can have hours of fun with it. Great game, could be better but II know lots of gamers think that the ending is very disappointing, but Bioware will bring the extended cut and then I decide about the ending-thing. Besides that ME3 is a solid third part of the franchise with good graphics, great voice acting, good story and perfect gameplay. Its multiplayer is also very addictive and you can have hours of fun with it. Great game, could be better but I love it and I am a big fan since the first Mass Effect. Expand
  39. May 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A fine ending to perhaps the greatest gaming series ever. Minor improvements over Mass Effect 2's battle engine, skill tree and weapon's features make this one familiar, yet better than previous installments. Yes, the ending was a bit lousy, but in no way does that hurt the gaming experience, though I'm interested to see what the company does with the alternate ending download. Expand
  40. Mar 28, 2012
    Everything you have come to enjoy and expect from mass effect. The gameplay is improved and the places you go feel alive. Multiplayer is a nice tack on fun to play with friends bad is its a pick up group. The game as a whole is fantastic...until it ends. I'm not going to down my score based on that alone but I will let be known that I hope Bioware does follow through and give their loyalEverything you have come to enjoy and expect from mass effect. The gameplay is improved and the places you go feel alive. Multiplayer is a nice tack on fun to play with friends bad is its a pick up group. The game as a whole is fantastic...until it ends. I'm not going to down my score based on that alone but I will let be known that I hope Bioware does follow through and give their loyal fan base the ending they deserve. It's not a band wagon thing or trying to ruin their artistic integrity because I do believe games have become a form of art. I believe it is their right to tell their story the way they want. But a story is not a story without the final act. Bioware has done something amazing that no other game has done to date. Made a series when the player is so engaged and involved in a game that it has become the players story. That in itself is an accomplishment and it shows with the player backlash with the ending we were provided. So I recommend this game and the entire series to anyone. I have high hopes that Bioware will prove they are as loyal to their fans as their fans are to them and the Mass Effect universe. Expand
  41. Apr 3, 2012
    Get it straight, Mass Effect 3 is mainstream. It's not going to have meticulous weapon and armor switching, it's not going to have open unstructured environments, it's going to be heavy-handed and blunt at times, It's depiction of relationships is blunt to put it kindly. It's going for mass appeal. ME3 is built to be accessible and fun. You'll be killing enemies in style until theGet it straight, Mass Effect 3 is mainstream. It's not going to have meticulous weapon and armor switching, it's not going to have open unstructured environments, it's going to be heavy-handed and blunt at times, It's depiction of relationships is blunt to put it kindly. It's going for mass appeal. ME3 is built to be accessible and fun. You'll be killing enemies in style until the ridiculous upswing in difficulty for the final few waves of enemies. All the characters play it a little too straight and the narrative isn't quite as enrapturing as ME2, but this is made up for by your ability to influence the game-world. The effects of your choices from past games are a little underwhelming, but the pay-offs for plot points from the past games like the genophage and the quarian geth conflicts are excellent. While the missions have never been more linear some of the areas, particularly those levels that take place during reaper attacks or the the climax on tuchanka are breathtakingly large in scope. There's a futility to what you are trying to do throughout and this is reinforced by these scenes of chaos and destruction. Mass Effect 3 is to the point, with smartly designed levels (i don't think i ever came close to getting lost) and refined cover based shooting, as always powers are way cooler (if you want to have fun play vanguard). The combat has never been better, although easy, it's never unwelcome. The stories are meaningful, the characters feel real. the games never played better. It's not going to be the complex rpg shooter bioware once promised (the way they makes games has changed a lot since KOTOR), but it is a different take on cover based shooters that for me is way more fun than gears of war.
    The ending is the most important ending of a video game, ever. i've never cared about the end of a game this much. Even though it's a bit of a Sopranos ending, it's gotten a similar media swell to that ending and they do say that any press is good press. I don't really think it's good to end your story with something so controversial it creates an uproar from your most loyal fans but even if you hate the ending you have to admit no other ending would have brought this kind of attention. I've been obsessed enough with the ending that I wrote this entire review, full of important points, as fast as I possibly could so I could talk about the ending. I've never been so consumed by the ending of a game. Bioware are either idiots, or the most despicable geniuses in the history of video games. Either they see a thematic reason to make the end of their final game contradict everything the series has ever been about, or they're geniuses who came up with the greatest twist ending of a video game and challenged the idea of what games could achieve as an art form. of course if they are geniuses and the games final message to the player, which promises future content, was the first step of their diabolical plan they have destroyed video games claim to status as an art form by excluding the true ending of the series in an attempt to make more money by selling it as DLC. Even if they decide to give it away it will only prove that they felt for remorse for what was going to be the most mind-bending thing to happen in a videogame. So evil geniuses or idiots, either way, it's a game you have to play.
  42. Dec 5, 2012
    this my vote examines the entire trilogy. I can only give a 10 for the great experience and the world who have created the developers. One of the best games ever.
    However, the fianle has not been clear from the start. Perhaps it was not understood. Even I was left with many questions. The original ending is worth just sufficiency. The idea of the catalyst and of the sacrifice of Shepar we can 'stay. It was enough to deepen the dialogue and the final scenes after the final choice.
  43. Jul 14, 2012
    I previously reviewed this game before the EC was released and gave it a 0, the ending is much more satisfying and would have been a 10/10 if I had been able to have that experience on the first play through.
  44. Jun 26, 2012
    The new ending is a huge improvement and the series now feels a lot more complete. The game is such an amazing experience, no one in their right mind should pass on it.
  45. Apr 8, 2012
    The Mass Effect trilogy receives it's latest and last chapter. After starting up the game I immediately noticed big differences. You have 'less say' in the dialogue options. Comparing it to Mass Effect 1 it's a huge leap backwards. Why would you take away something that made the first one so great?! Don't get me wrong, you still have times where you have to choose between outcome A or B,The Mass Effect trilogy receives it's latest and last chapter. After starting up the game I immediately noticed big differences. You have 'less say' in the dialogue options. Comparing it to Mass Effect 1 it's a huge leap backwards. Why would you take away something that made the first one so great?! Don't get me wrong, you still have times where you have to choose between outcome A or B, and believe me when I say that those choices are immensely difficult, that because you realy care about the characters and story... also Mass Effect 3 hugely improved on the combat system, it's near perfect. You realy enjoy using the weapons and powers to take town hordes of enemies... this all on a great galactic scale while explosion and reaper invasion-sounds hurl around you. Epic, I'd say. The Multiplayer has this great combat aswel, minus the epicness that you get in the single-player ofc. ... After having several friends telling me the ending is completely out of place... I finally got to the end. I have to say, it's not THAT bad... It's still epic and the climax is there! ... but I do have to agree, it gives no closure on Shepard or everyone else around him/her. Mass Effect 3 is a great game, you notice the hard labor that Bioware made for making this title, and the Original Score + the graphical design and presentation makes this one hell of a trip into the sci-fi universe of Mass Effect. So all in all, I know the ending could've been much better, but since EA announced they will give us more closure in the near future, I believe it will make this game jump that one step higher on my personal scoreboard. Expand
  46. Nov 18, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the second greatest game of all time, second only to Mass Effect 2 which is the greatest game of all time. There is nothing wrong with the original ending of this game, it fits perfectly with everything and the extended cut just made the ending 10X better than what it already is. The entire journey of Mass Effect has been the best gaming experience i've ever had and i'veMass Effect 3 is the second greatest game of all time, second only to Mass Effect 2 which is the greatest game of all time. There is nothing wrong with the original ending of this game, it fits perfectly with everything and the extended cut just made the ending 10X better than what it already is. The entire journey of Mass Effect has been the best gaming experience i've ever had and i've played about every console game out there. This game is the conclusion of your own commander shepard the way you chose to take him/her through this amazing well crafted story is met with praise and respect from your companions or the death and extinction of entire alien species. The voice acting is perfect while the soundtrack never fails to bring out your emotions. Plus Bioware releasing free multiplayer DLC with more to come just makes this experience worth every penny. I would give this game a 20 out of 10 but thats off the scale and thats all you need to know. Expand
  47. Mar 19, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 took me through the most emotionally packed ride in my life. From the opening on Earth to the very end, it held my attention and awarded me with some the best scenes I have ever experienced. The game-play felt much tighter than Mass Effect 2 and supremely better than Mass Effect 1. It feels like Bioware took the best aspects of both games to produce one super poweredMass Effect 3 took me through the most emotionally packed ride in my life. From the opening on Earth to the very end, it held my attention and awarded me with some the best scenes I have ever experienced. The game-play felt much tighter than Mass Effect 2 and supremely better than Mass Effect 1. It feels like Bioware took the best aspects of both games to produce one super powered behemoth. Plus, the added a multiplayer which is oddly addictive and fun (especially with the inclusion of other species to choose from). The only real gripe I have for the game is the one new character who feels too much like The Situation. Otherwise the games greatest achievement is the vast amounts of great characters. For those who gripe about the last 6minutes, I will quote a wise song, "At the end of it all, gamers play what we play, not for game over, but what we take away". Trust me, you will take away a lot. Expand
  48. Mar 20, 2012
    I think Hee-Haw said it best, "Gloom, despair and agony on me." Mass Effect 3 doesn't offer much in the way of happiness, and I walked away from this game feeling sick to my stomach. The Mass Effect trilogy took me on an incredible journey, and left me reeling in pain. In case you missed it, these are all good things.
  49. Mar 26, 2012
    People seem to be mad because the ending isn't "what they expected" and while BioWare could've done a better ending, instead of everyone getting the same 3 possible endings, you can't deny the game itself is beautiful and perfectly crafted, the gameplay is flawless and the multiplayer was a surprisingly pleasant addition.
    The story is perfectly made, however, BioWare was unable to put all
    The story is perfectly made, however, BioWare was unable to put all the pieces back together in the ending, which is slightly disappointing.
    But people are being way too harsh with the game, a bad ending doesn't make a good game the worst game ever. People are overreacting.
    And while it is obvious that EA took out the Prothean and made it DLC to make money, I actually found myself preferring Javik over all the in-game characters, a bit overpriced.
  50. Mar 27, 2012
    I purposely stayed from reading any reviews, listening to any gaming podcasts, going on any gaming websites, basically tuned myself completely out from all media involved in gaming form the first day ME3 came out on March 6th, until the day I finished on march 13th. My initial feeling of the game I just played and finished, was simply WOW! And there were plenty of those moments throughoutI purposely stayed from reading any reviews, listening to any gaming podcasts, going on any gaming websites, basically tuned myself completely out from all media involved in gaming form the first day ME3 came out on March 6th, until the day I finished on march 13th. My initial feeling of the game I just played and finished, was simply WOW! And there were plenty of those moments throughout as well. This is on a short list of games that put me on such a ride, emotionally. There is so much heart in this game, the character development is off the charts. The story was grim and the desperation was evident. As the story went on I really began to get a sense of how this would end up. Little did I know that, the result of my initial playthrough would result in one of the worst, of the possible endings, and I still accepted it, and liked it. Shepherd and these other noble heroes sacrificing themselves for the future, is nothing short of spot on. Almost immediately after finishing the game, I went to Metacritic because I wanted to see other people's reactions to the game, and what the "pros" in the industry had to say as well. Then I saw it and I was beside myself!!!! Terrible user scores and as I dug deeper into the why, I was appalled! I thought maybe, I had searched the wrong game as all I saw was a cry baby effect! Look the ending may have left something to be desired, but I will ALWAYS side with the right of the creative forces behind the art, to do what they want with THEIR art, and not with those that stomp their feet and hold their breath like loud obnoxious spoiled children. IMO, this is the epitome of all that is wrong with our society and unfortunately is becoming more and more prevalent in it. This sense of entitlement, and utter outrage when things don't go as we see that they should. Everyone has the right to make their voices heard, and they should, but there is a proper way to do it. And I really thought this community of gamers, was above the idiotic 99% mentality, when it comes to making our voices heard. Everyone of those that, IMO, went too far......hey go out and make your own game. You can make it ANY way YOU want! Just like those at Bioware can make their game anyway THEY want. Have we all really forgotten to put ourselves in other peoples shoes, for even a second and rationalize things, in the hopes of making sense of something we don't agree with? Or are we barreling down a moral slope where we just stomp our fists in anger and he who yells the loudest wins? Also, really!?!?! Zero scores form users??? Wow, I mean c'mon, even if the assertion that the ending was horrible, the other 30+ hours were amazing, or at least somewhere in the middle.
    Lastly, I just have to say that I've seen all the arguments why the ending was "horrible" and have to say I can only give credence to one and that is that it was too ambiguous. There wasn't the necessary closure and I'll get to that in a second. Thinking back on things that happened in the first two games, things the story told us, the ending makes PERFECT sense, and is one of the most well put together stories ever (in any medium). They were telling us all along how it was going to play out and it did. The clues were there all along, we just had to pay attention to them and be able to bring the memories of them back when we needed them, maybe that's why it was so confusing because it didn't (outright) spell everything out for us, but kept the heart of the game in tact right up to the final decision, in that it was always about making the best decision based on the knowledge we had about the situation and living with the consequences, or just making the decision based on what we just "wanted to do", point is it was up to the player, the information was put in front of us and it was up to us to decide 1) how to play the game, 2) how much to prepare for the final battle and 3) the final decision (along with the romances, relationship stuff as well.) But to all those that said it made no sense, it did (at least to me) and I'm good with that! I really feel sorry for you all that it upset you so much but that's life (it is) and should be dealt with accordingly. I know this series (which I hold as one of the greatest ever) took a LOT of all of us, time wise, emotionally, economically........but at the end of the day it's still just a game and Bioware doesn't OWE us anything. They, like us, can CHOOSE, to make the game how they feel it best, and we can choose to support their future projects how we feel is most appropriate. But yeah, I would have liked to see more of what happened to all those characters I came to love so much, but that's not 100% necessary either. We'll either find out (one way or the other) or I have a very good imagination and am able to think it through logically enough that I'd bet I'd be pretty close to being right! Thanks Bioware, for a GREAT game and series. It really was a wonderful ride!
  51. Mar 28, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is a great game that keeps pace with the high quality of the rest of the series. Gameplay wise we all know the drill, and if you played the other games in the series you should be very familiar with it. The narrative is tense and you know the galaxy is at stake this time. I loved both the characters, with all their releations, and the tense plot. Allthough being a sequel theyMass Effect 3 is a great game that keeps pace with the high quality of the rest of the series. Gameplay wise we all know the drill, and if you played the other games in the series you should be very familiar with it. The narrative is tense and you know the galaxy is at stake this time. I loved both the characters, with all their releations, and the tense plot. Allthough being a sequel they could have fixed minor gameplay flaws from earlier games, like the semi-broken cover system that sometimes can be anoying and imprecise. The roleplaying elements could also have been more prominent, which I think the first one in the series did best. But all in all an amazing gaming experience. I strongly recommend playing on hardcore difficulty, because the enemy A.I. is smarter and more challenging which is a great thing. ME3 has some of the best enemy AI I have seen in a long time. Expand
  52. Mar 29, 2012
    I've really enjoyed this game. The graphics look great. I was able to import my save files from ME1 and 2. The combat is upgraded, and feels even smoother than in the second. The ending, which most people have a problem with, I actually really liked. I felt like as the game moved along, loose ends were being tied together while the plot still advanced, and characters met their end (orI've really enjoyed this game. The graphics look great. I was able to import my save files from ME1 and 2. The combat is upgraded, and feels even smoother than in the second. The ending, which most people have a problem with, I actually really liked. I felt like as the game moved along, loose ends were being tied together while the plot still advanced, and characters met their end (or not!) based purely on my actions. Honestly, my main complaint is being forced to run around with my gun out nearly the entire time, and some occasional issues during combat when I was unable to take cover for some unknown reason. Overall, I'll give this game a 9/10, for a few technical bugs, but an overwhelmingly intriguing plot, and a high replay value. Thanks for reading! Expand
  53. Mar 30, 2012
    I think people are going overboard with the ending. I know it sucks but it doesn't mean you have to completely slaughter the entire game. Apart from the ending, the game was one of the best games I've ever played. They got the mechanics right, graphics look crisp and the storytelling at its best. The game does need a lot more closure though.
  54. Mar 31, 2012
    ***POTENTIAL SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD THE CHANCE TO HEAR ABOUT THE BACKLASH OR EXPERIENCE THE GAME FOR YOURSELF*** Although ME3 is in fact imperfect, it's still a worthy addition to the series. The gameplay, visuals, soundtrack, etc. are all top notch. Bioware didn't deviate much from ME2, but they sure did put on an excellent display for the fans. I think the majority of people that***POTENTIAL SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD THE CHANCE TO HEAR ABOUT THE BACKLASH OR EXPERIENCE THE GAME FOR YOURSELF*** Although ME3 is in fact imperfect, it's still a worthy addition to the series. The gameplay, visuals, soundtrack, etc. are all top notch. Bioware didn't deviate much from ME2, but they sure did put on an excellent display for the fans. I think the majority of people that have issues with the ending are just not getting the big picture. "Disowning" Bioware... one of the funniest things I've seen or heard in my entire life. Nonsense. Move on! It's a video game, a form of leisure time activity, entertainment, a form of art, it's not a law or a living thing or a crisis. If I had a dollar for every time I was "disappointed" about a form of entertainment and I carried on the way the "cause" did, I'd be filthy rich. This isn't the first time people were disappointed and it certainly won't be the last. All you have to do is abstain from gaming and we'll all be better off. Why don't you go design a better series (with stellar ending) and I will be the first to line up and purchase it. If not, then go back to your home on W__re Island! (Uh oh, I left some blanks, I better not leave anything open to interpretation or I will be forced by thousands of infants to alter my statement!) Seems as though the people that didn't get the "ending" have been owned SO HARD by Bioware and could very well be one of the best moments in gaming history. The way this game ends makes the series that much better for me! Even if you dislike the ending, it's still a damn good game! This game is excellent for anyone that has enjoyed the series. It's not much of a departure from ME2 but if you liked that one then I am sure you will enjoy ME3. I can't wait to see what they had planned all along! Great job EA/ Bioware! Thanks for 4 plus years of Shepard. I've never experienced a gaming series anything like it! Expand
  55. Mar 31, 2012
    Great Series and all around a great game throughout until that little boy, child, god, reaper thing appeared on the citadel. Everything after that boys appearence is awfull. It was a terrible ending and all the endings are exactly the same. The real choice you have at the end is, What is your favorite color, red blue or green? However, the game is still great until the last 8 minutes. TheGreat Series and all around a great game throughout until that little boy, child, god, reaper thing appeared on the citadel. Everything after that boys appearence is awfull. It was a terrible ending and all the endings are exactly the same. The real choice you have at the end is, What is your favorite color, red blue or green? However, the game is still great until the last 8 minutes. The fighting is amazing, the characters are interesting, not as good as ME2, but still good and customization is widened. The multiplayer is also fun. Its not going to be able to compete with Gears horde, or halos firefight, or even cods zombies, but it is still fun none the less. The game all around is great, what keeps it from a 10 is the terrible ending, but the ending shouldn't take away from the great game and series that came before it. To all of those who gave it 1s... Settle down. Don't be so extreme. The game is good. The ending is bad, but your not rating the ending, your rating the entire game, and most of the game is solid Expand
  56. Mar 29, 2012
    Insane scores on here for this great game. ME3 has moved on from its RPG roots to action/rpg drama. It does this well (but not without flaws). The bad : cover system is not right, day 1 DLC & the infamous ending, which offers virtually identical endings BUT watching the ending for the first time, it is a worthy ending to a great trilogy. The good : Great Story, humour, acting, greatInsane scores on here for this great game. ME3 has moved on from its RPG roots to action/rpg drama. It does this well (but not without flaws). The bad : cover system is not right, day 1 DLC & the infamous ending, which offers virtually identical endings BUT watching the ending for the first time, it is a worthy ending to a great trilogy. The good : Great Story, humour, acting, great graphics, surprisingly good multi player (-cover system), great musical score, great character realisation, improved accessibility, improved combat mechanics, great AI (at higher levels), properly hard mode. It is not a perfect game, but it is pretty close and the best Bioware game since DAO. Just because a game is not perfect does not mean it gets scored at 0. Expand
  57. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First let me say that this is a great series and until the last 10 minutes of the game, this was the best game in the series. Most of the game really felt like a fitting end to the series. The gameplay is amazing, the visuals are stunning, and this game provokes more feeling in the player than any game(or book or movie for that matter) I've ever experienced. You make choices that allow people to sacrifice themselves, and you care about these characters. You are filled with hope and despair, joy and sadness, all at the right places. Then there is the ending. I won't say anything specific about what happens at the end, but I still checked the box for spoilers because even what I will say will be considered spoilers by many. None of your choices mattered. There are three endings and which you get or are successful are all based on your Effective Military Strength number. What's worse is that the endings aren't even functionally different. They destroy the ME universe and the franchise. I felt completely numb after finishing the series for a while and then the anger started to grow. The one good thing I can say about the ending is that there is a movement to change it so we might end up getting the ending we deserve. Expand
  58. Jun 26, 2012
    After this extended cut update, i forgive bioware for the issues with the ending of the game, i withdraw my last review and now give you a true review, thank you bioware.
  59. Mar 28, 2012
    I never trust the user side, so I thought i'd drop my two cents. Heres the thing, Mass Effect fans will give the most accurate assessment and newcomers will miss the point. The Mass Effect franchise, has added 3 things here, to make newcomers interested: multi-player, kinect and 2 new dumbed down ways to make you think that Mass Effect is not an rpg. You can now choose to play story mode,I never trust the user side, so I thought i'd drop my two cents. Heres the thing, Mass Effect fans will give the most accurate assessment and newcomers will miss the point. The Mass Effect franchise, has added 3 things here, to make newcomers interested: multi-player, kinect and 2 new dumbed down ways to make you think that Mass Effect is not an rpg. You can now choose to play story mode, which makes gameplay super casual or you can choose shooter mode, which removes dialogue choices. If your rating Mass Effect 3, below a solid "8," it is because you chose to play one of the 2 new modes. If you truly have an intrest in this amazing franchise, pick up a copy of the orginal. Going straight into ME3, means that you are buying it for multi-player, which is a bad reason. Now, I have played through the campaign 3 times and it is a must to experience, if you know what is going on. ME3 is straight up war, so it's a bit more straight foward, then it's predecessor, which had more character depth. Mass Effect 3 fits perfectly into the direction of the story. The complaints about the ending are valid though. It is a disappointing end to an epic journey. It did not ruin my experience. So if your a fan, then you already own ME3. If your low balling, it's because you are not playing the game the way it was intended to be played. I hear that it works well with motion controls though, but story or shooter modes just dumb down the experience. Mass Effect 3 is an awesome game, if you tend on investing into the entire story and your not looking to play anything but an rpg. Expand
  60. Mar 20, 2012
    The only thing I am going to say is the people hating on this game need to get over themselves. It was a joy to play the whole way through and I am going to go through the 1st and 2nd game again to see how much different my story will ultimately be. I have watched my room mate play, I have watched my friends play and their story is not the same as mine. The decisions you made in the firstThe only thing I am going to say is the people hating on this game need to get over themselves. It was a joy to play the whole way through and I am going to go through the 1st and 2nd game again to see how much different my story will ultimately be. I have watched my room mate play, I have watched my friends play and their story is not the same as mine. The decisions you made in the first two games do have an impact on the final playthrough. Like I said, the only negative about this game is all of these trollers hating on it because it ends...even though they have been foreshadowing this for 5 years. Great game, play it all the way through and just know that the ones hating have gotten laid more times in these three titles then they have in their entire lives. I would be pissed about that too. Expand
  61. Mar 20, 2012
    People take the ending of this game far too seriously and don't judge it based on its own merits- They expect a flash-bang ending, boom, shoot the bad guys and go home just like the first two. They don't want to think. They don't want to get philosophy in their explosions. They take this stuff far, far too seriously.
  62. Apr 4, 2012
    while not as good as mass effect 2 this game is still a imminse acheivment for bioware great setpeices good combat and a amazing story continued. The reapers are amazing enemies in this game and used well. brilliant characters and a fiiting conclusion. Ending not wat it should be but with so much good u willl have a great time anyway
  63. Apr 6, 2012
    With all the negative hype surrounding the ending of the Mass Effect trilogy, it seems as though most players have overlooked the fact that ME3 still featured the finest gameplay of the series, as well as some of the most absorbing story lines. BioWare (now publicly maligned, but still undisputed kings of the RPG) finally got the weapon/armor customisation and resource finding to the pointWith all the negative hype surrounding the ending of the Mass Effect trilogy, it seems as though most players have overlooked the fact that ME3 still featured the finest gameplay of the series, as well as some of the most absorbing story lines. BioWare (now publicly maligned, but still undisputed kings of the RPG) finally got the weapon/armor customisation and resource finding to the point of being fun, the combat was more streamlined and gorgeous than ever (biotic detonations will always make me squeal with delight), and pretty much every mission I was emotionally rocked. Mass Effect stands as one of the best series of games I have played, and this was the best of the three. Admittedly, I did initially take the stance - like everyone else - of denouncing the game after experiencing the ending . Upon first impressions it came off as rushed, flawed and meaningless, leading me to become one of the fans that fell under the spell of the infamous "indoctrination theory" that floated around. It is a hopeful alternative to the Occam's razor that BioWare didn't put enough effort into the ending as they should have. It was definitely a disappointment video-game wise, but was also rich with existential arguments which had me pondering/arguing with friends for days after. In the end I'm not hating it as much as I thought I would. Regardless, it doesn't ruin the rest of the series - as everyone seems to be saying - or even the rest of the game, which remains one of the most exhilarating gaming experiences of recent memory.

And the multiplayer isn't too shabby either!
  64. Apr 8, 2012
    This is a very good ending to a great trilogy. It is incredible how many details from previous games are mentioned in the game and the game combines a good balance of shooter and RPG
  65. Apr 13, 2012
    Despite the general uproar, Mass Effect 3 has proven to be a fantastic end to a beloved series. The upset over the ending is justified, albeit largely uncalled for. The central conflict present in each of the previous games largely revolves around the animosity between synthetics and organics. While many have ignored this particular aspect of the series, the ending wholly resolves it, in aDespite the general uproar, Mass Effect 3 has proven to be a fantastic end to a beloved series. The upset over the ending is justified, albeit largely uncalled for. The central conflict present in each of the previous games largely revolves around the animosity between synthetics and organics. While many have ignored this particular aspect of the series, the ending wholly resolves it, in a largely satisfying way. Despite this, the widely held belief that the ending is too linear is a valid one. However, Bioware is already working on new content that would hopefully present players with more options, and thus, more satisfaction. As for the rest of the game, Mass Effect 3 is a total and complete triumph. The gameplay is impecable, the presentation is spotless, and the mix of RPG elements from Mass Effect 1 and the explosive action of Mass Effect 2 results in an incredibly immersive experience. Ignore the many dissenters, frustrated by the fact that the game doesn't spell everything out for you. Leaving loose ends allows for players to create their own possibilities, a fundamental concept and a throwback to traditional role playing games. Bioware - keep doing what you do best. 10/10. Expand
  66. May 15, 2012
    I am a fan of Mass Effect since 2007,and i have to say,Mass Effect 3 is not only my favorite of the trilogy,its probably my favorite game of this generation.Great graphics,amazing sound effects and soundtrack,the gameplay is fun and exciting,espetacular story and characters.Don't listen to those haters,Mass Effect 3 is an unforggetable,near perfect experience.One of the very few games thatI am a fan of Mass Effect since 2007,and i have to say,Mass Effect 3 is not only my favorite of the trilogy,its probably my favorite game of this generation.Great graphics,amazing sound effects and soundtrack,the gameplay is fun and exciting,espetacular story and characters.Don't listen to those haters,Mass Effect 3 is an unforggetable,near perfect experience.One of the very few games that i actually cried (that only happen with me on 2 other games,Zelda Ocarina of Time and Metal Gear Solid 4).The multiplayer(which i was against it) is amazingly fun.But the best thing about ME3 is easily its story and characters,and both are one of the best i ever seen in gaming.Its an must buy game and trilogy. Expand
  67. Mar 29, 2012
    A tragic ending for an excellent game, what a pain, just like it slam out everything you have made so hard going this far. Nevertheless, if we look at the positive sides, there are many things can be approved for this game: intense combat, focus gameplay, the epic galaxy's apocalypse. Beyond the single player, the multiplayer is a lot of fun and require many tactics to survive. OverallA tragic ending for an excellent game, what a pain, just like it slam out everything you have made so hard going this far. Nevertheless, if we look at the positive sides, there are many things can be approved for this game: intense combat, focus gameplay, the epic galaxy's apocalypse. Beyond the single player, the multiplayer is a lot of fun and require many tactics to survive. Overall this is the game which we will not get bored so fast, do not let your hatred throw away a marvelous game that you can hardly find.â Expand
  68. Mar 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect 3 is awesome. Its the best game I've played in memory. Its up there with Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Five, Deus Ex Human Revolution and most games in recent memory. Pros- Great story including ending, good writing, great dialogue, good action sequences, cutscenes, gameplay, great difficulty settings. The music and sound is awesome. Some of the visuals are so stunning I wish I could have paused the game to take it in for a bit.

Cons- A few glitches, (had to restart xbox 360 about 4 times during the whole experience.), some quests are not clear, combat is a bit messy with the cover system, most guns feel underpowered. Banshees feel a bit cheap.

I give the game a 9 because of a few glitches. But I must say, after playing the game, I'm satisfied, the ending works for me and I feel like the gams is te best game i've ever played. Period. Almost cried when I had to kill Legion. Loved the last speech given to troops and saying goodbye to comrades. It reminded me of a AAA blockbuster summer sci-fi flick.

This is a definite buy for any sci-fi fan. I enjoyed this more than the last 3 star wars movies or sci-fi flicks in recent memory. The only thing to hit me like this is The Matrix.
  69. Mar 26, 2012
    Graphics:
    This game has grown graphically as much as the series did from the first game to the second. In HD, this gameâ
  70. Jun 28, 2012
    Do not believe the negative trolls that have taken over this review site. This is one of the best sci-fi games ever produced and comes to an excellent conclusion. The new extended cut makes it that much better. If you pass this game up because of the negative idiots, you have no one to blame but yourself. Try the game and come to your own conclusion...
  71. Aug 27, 2012
    Mass effect has always been a series that has been a benchmark for sic-fi role playing games since it was released and with the latest instalment i can't see that changing any time soon. People slate it because they didn't get the ending they wanted or that Bioware changed the game in a way that reaches out to a richer audience, those aren't reasons to give a game a low mark in my opinion.Mass effect has always been a series that has been a benchmark for sic-fi role playing games since it was released and with the latest instalment i can't see that changing any time soon. People slate it because they didn't get the ending they wanted or that Bioware changed the game in a way that reaches out to a richer audience, those aren't reasons to give a game a low mark in my opinion. I believe Bioware did everything perfectly except for a few minor problems. The first of which is that the game world restricts you a lot, you can't really venture anywhere whilst on a mission, this problem has been in the franchise all along and all i wished for was for that to change for this instalment. Its more of a insignificant annoyance than a problem to be honest. Another qualm i have is that the romance is still as stiff and awkward as ever, i found in mass effect that if i ran to the person i found most attractive after every mission to merely talk to them for two minutes they would eventually and consensual sex with me, this was both amusing and irritating to me and simply wasted my time. My final problem i see in the game is that the dialogue is a little bit... well... crap. In mass effect 1 and 2 the dialogue was both engrossing and interesting as what people said actually made a difference most of the time. This time round though you'll find yourself talking to people for no visible reason other than to yet again fill them game with time consuming conversation about matters that I'm sure the supposed saviour of the galaxy really shouldn't give damn about. I also need to mention the ending of the game which really does seem to be irritating people doesn't it! But seriously i see no problem with it, it wraps the game up nicely and gives the player a real emotional reaction, if this wasn't the case for you then lets just agree to disagree to you. Now as for the good points, i could sit here all day and tell you how the game is vastly improved on its predecessor, first of the combat both melee and ranged is vastly improved, i really enjoyed trying out different weapons i either bought or unlocked throughout the game and the ways they could be used, it was a fulfilling way to spend my space money. This is the same for armour unlocks and etc. The only problem with the armour is that some times they looked far too similar and that you could only buy full suits of a certain type if lets say you only wanted the helmet. Other than that making yourself look badass was pretty fun and indulging. Another point is also that the story is both brilliant and emotional, at some points it really hits home whats actually happening and at others it keeps you engrossed to the point where you'll not want t stop playing as you want to find out what happens next. My final point is going to be that the characters are just as interesting and boring as ever, some like garrus will keep you laughing and others will make you wish the conversation would hurry up but the most important thing is that Bioware have done a brilliant job in rounding off the relationships you have built with your crew members and how you come to terms with them before you set out on your final mission. Overall then this game is brilliant with just a few problems which i have outlined, these shouldn't keep you from playing it and enjoying the ride just as much as i did. Expand
  72. Jan 16, 2013
    Continuing from the events of the previous game Mass Effect 3 opens with the Reapers attacking Earth and, having narrowly escaped with his life, Commander Shepard yet again finds himself as humanity's last hope for survival. Series veterans will be instantly familiar with the games concept in which a series of core and side missions can be accessed from the Normandy's galaxy map. This timeContinuing from the events of the previous game Mass Effect 3 opens with the Reapers attacking Earth and, having narrowly escaped with his life, Commander Shepard yet again finds himself as humanity's last hope for survival. Series veterans will be instantly familiar with the games concept in which a series of core and side missions can be accessed from the Normandy's galaxy map. This time around however it is not just a case of recruiting allies to your cause. Depending on how each mission is handled vital resources, such as fleets of warships, can be gained to aid in the final battle against the Reapers. As has always been the case many of these missions allows for a great deal of freedom with a number of, sometimes very difficult, choices being afforded to the player. The series strong combat remains virtually unchanged from the series second entry and still plays like a simplified version of Gears of War. Responding to audience criticisms a number of features have been tweaked however. While the popular Mako may not make a return the weapon and armour customisation has returned and the dull planet scanning all but removed. For the first time in the Mass Effect series multiplayer has also been included. To be honest it offers only a minor diversion from the main campaign with only one mode (imagine Horde mode from Gears of War or Halo) and six small maps to play in co-op with up to three other players. Since the playing multiplayer aids in preparing for the Reaper assault in the main game however it is worth investing some time in.

And so to the much criticised ending to the game. In my personal opinion some of this criticism is justified as it certainly leaves several plot holes and very much jars with the philosophy of Mass Effect. A few fans have certainly gone overboard however as when you consider the huge influence you are able to wield throughout the game the disappointing final ten minutes in no way spoils the 20+ hours that come before or the epic series as a whole.
  73. May 10, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is a GREAT game with just a few problems.
    Mass Effect 3 is a GREAT game with just a few problems.
    THE GOOD: The fighting and action in this game are to me definitely the best in the series. The enemies are harder, smarter and especially near the end of the game overwhelming (in a good way.) I feel the RPG elements are done pretty well with the decisions of the past games actually effect what you can/ can't do in this game. Graphics are great and the sound is very well done.

THE BAD: There were some polish issues in this game: a broken turret (wouldn't die) made me replay a level, there was a galaxy that blinked even though there was nothing to do, and other similar issues. I felt that some of the characters were just kind of thrown in just because they were in the previous games with no real story or purpose. The ending.. while not as bad as people make it to be, could've been much better. My biggest problem with the ending is that for a game with so much choice and different paths/ results the endings were all the same, literally they just changed the color of the explosion. And you are left hanging as to the aftermath for the Normandy, other galaxies, etc.

That said this game is MUCH BETTER than people give it credit, people are way too harsh. I really enjoyed it and thought it was close to perfect. The ending wasn't terrible and hopefully the DLC flushes out the aftermath.
  74. Mar 20, 2012
    With a powerful plot, advanced combat, and smarter enemies, this game really presents itself as it should be- a fantastic ending to a chilling, unrivalled series. The character development, which quite possibly the most important quality the series held for me, is even deeper than the previous games. The soundtrack is a beautiful condiment to the the countless heartstopping momentsWith a powerful plot, advanced combat, and smarter enemies, this game really presents itself as it should be- a fantastic ending to a chilling, unrivalled series. The character development, which quite possibly the most important quality the series held for me, is even deeper than the previous games. The soundtrack is a beautiful condiment to the the countless heartstopping moments encountered throughout the game. The journey was, throughout the trilogy of Mass Effect, truly memorable- watching the effects of your decisions, building friendships, sacrificing for 'the greater good', and living with your mistakes. I have come to admire BioWare's ability to make a gamer love a character, only to lose them. There are, however, imperfections with Mass Effect 3, much like any other game. Many of these problems had little affect on me. The most important problem I had in the game was with the ending. What I, as well as many other ME vets, was expecting was a beautiful ending that would have me thinking for hours, about my decisions, and what I could have done to change the end. Nothing of the sort occurred. It wasn't a great ending. It wasn't terrible, but after that ending, one should not be thinking 'Whatever, now what?' It was inconclusive, felt rushed, and lacked consistency with previous games and media concerning the series, as well as with what BioWare said themselves. The endings were all very alike, which I found disappointing. However, it took away nothing from the game for me.

I strongly recommend buying this game, even if you are scared of disappointment from the ending. I will continue to play BioWare games and believe they will learn from this mistake.
  75. Mar 26, 2012
    An amazing game, absolutely loved the gameplay. The ending certainly left a lot to be answered, but it didn't ruin the rest of the experience for me. Maybe I should hold off on judgment until after the coming changes are made, when I would likely be able to give this thing a 10/10, because that's what the rest of the game deserves. It seems crazy to me that this thing is getting such aAn amazing game, absolutely loved the gameplay. The ending certainly left a lot to be answered, but it didn't ruin the rest of the experience for me. Maybe I should hold off on judgment until after the coming changes are made, when I would likely be able to give this thing a 10/10, because that's what the rest of the game deserves. It seems crazy to me that this thing is getting such a wide range of ratings, considering the ending was really only the weak link here. And even with that I can't see anyone in their right mind giving this thing any worse than a 6/10. I think some of the angrier fans should have let themselves cool off a bit before rushing to bash this thing in their review. Expand
  76. Mar 27, 2012
    Look this is a amazing game, the ending does suck, I will admit, i was disappointed. I am a long time ME fan ,i beat the first two around six times, and plan to do the same with this one, but the ending really does put a damper on the game. On the other side though bioware is working on a 2nd ending and it will be out rather soon.Also, if you didn't suck at the game you can survive, butLook this is a amazing game, the ending does suck, I will admit, i was disappointed. I am a long time ME fan ,i beat the first two around six times, and plan to do the same with this one, but the ending really does put a damper on the game. On the other side though bioware is working on a 2nd ending and it will be out rather soon.Also, if you didn't suck at the game you can survive, but you dumb asses decided not to keep working on it. Buy this game and I promise you won't be disappointed, secondly to those who bought it, support bioware, don't tear them down, they'll fix they're mistakes. Expand
  77. May 11, 2012
    if you take out the ending, like the last 15mins, then this game would be an absolute 10/10. there are just way to many plotholes at the end of the game. Its like if the writers smoked weed while writing the ending. However, just because an ending SUCKS doesn't mean it deserves a 1/10
  78. May 13, 2012
    A fantastic conclusion to the best sci fi rpg saga to take place on home consoles. Mass Effect 3's inclusion of all your decisions from the first two games and their DLC is an amazing achievement and adds a deeper affection for you character and his/her surviving allies from it's predecessors. The combat has been improved over Mass Effect 2 to be more responsive and free moving but stillA fantastic conclusion to the best sci fi rpg saga to take place on home consoles. Mass Effect 3's inclusion of all your decisions from the first two games and their DLC is an amazing achievement and adds a deeper affection for you character and his/her surviving allies from it's predecessors. The combat has been improved over Mass Effect 2 to be more responsive and free moving but still includes the weapon and thermal clip progressions made in that title. The graphics have improved again giving the game more feeling from being on an ominous dark space station to a foreign planets landscape it all looks stunning. The multiplayer is also compelling with a Gears Of War style 'Horde' mode in which four players can fight waves of enemies from varying factions Cerberus/Reaper/Geth to level up their favoured character class/race and earn money to buy card packs which unlock random weapons/characters/upgrades in an addictive one more game fashion.
    Once again, an exquisite gaming experience full of emotion and replayability that fans of the series will love.
  79. May 15, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 provides an amazing end to an amazing story.
    The return of many old friends and foes makes this game the most emotionally charged I have ever played.

The entire Mass Effect series is the best story telling ever in gaming.
    Mix that with a refreshing sci-fi setting and you have got a winner.
  80. May 24, 2012
    This game truly deserves a perfect score. Not based off track record with the entire series, but just looking at the single game itself, it's one of the games you hold onto forever just for the memories and replay ability.
    Just to get it out of the way, I understand everyone's frustrations with the ending scenes and how they felt there was no closure whatsoever, too bad. Questions don't always get answered, but that doesn't automatically cancel out everything the game had accomplished up to that point. It's like comparing it to a football player. His first 10 seasons of play are phenomenal and record breaking, but then he is human so he has a mediocre 11th year, and disregarding his entire career and saying he is a bust because he had one human effort of a year. The visuals are stunning all around, sound is great, gameplay is intense and innovative at times, and the story is beyond captivating especially if you have stuck around for the entire series. The multiplayer is beyond fun and time consuming, and satisfying when you unlock a new character before your friends do. The one knock I have on it is that you pretty much do have to play at the 2nd installment of the game before the 3rd to truly understand everything that is going on and not have TOO many questions starting off the game. Faltering it from just being a game a noob to the series can pick up and just start at. Lay off the bad ending, deal with it, move on to a new series, or hope it was BioWare's plan all along with the new DLC coming soon, or meaning the series isn't over.
  81. Jun 28, 2012
    Sometime u gotta love the objectivness of people.You play agame for some hours and u are literaly mind blown till the end.Then u negate everything u played till then.Why?Is there a reason to give 0 or 1 when u have enjoyed 98% of game content?Shows the maturity and objectivity of people on metacritic.Game was awesome and the dlc gave it justice.Some of the people wanted LI reunion andSometime u gotta love the objectivness of people.You play agame for some hours and u are literaly mind blown till the end.Then u negate everything u played till then.Why?Is there a reason to give 0 or 1 when u have enjoyed 98% of game content?Shows the maturity and objectivity of people on metacritic.Game was awesome and the dlc gave it justice.Some of the people wanted LI reunion and happy rainbow ending.Got the second,and for the first part gave which they didnt get gave a 0.They just proven that they played the game for its sex and not the story.Is it a 10?no,it is certainly a 9,a masterpiece of our time Expand
  82. Aug 14, 2012
    A fantastic game. It increases the stakes on every level and raises the bar for gaming. Taken as a trilogy it's a major achievement and unlikely to be superseded any time soon. When you factor in the different choices and outcomes, and the male / female, hetero / homo, renegade / paragon options, it's obvious that the games places an outstanding amount of flexibility in the player's handsA fantastic game. It increases the stakes on every level and raises the bar for gaming. Taken as a trilogy it's a major achievement and unlikely to be superseded any time soon. When you factor in the different choices and outcomes, and the male / female, hetero / homo, renegade / paragon options, it's obvious that the games places an outstanding amount of flexibility in the player's hands to craft their own experience while still managing to tell a coherent and meaningful narrative that is genuinely moving. There may be specific features of the action, role play, art direction or story that aren't to everyone's taste - it's impossible to please everyone all the time - but to give this game anything less than a very positive review is simply nuts. As for the ending (s), I found it deeply satisfying. Rarely has a game franchise had such an impact on me - Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid are the only equivalents that come readily to mind. Plus a very good multiplayer, add on content and mobile content as well...! To make an original universe that is so ambitious and achieve so much seems genuinely unprecedented and puts gaming at the forefront of creative media. The only equivalent in movies at the moment would be the Nolan Batman films but I would say that even they pale in comparison. Bring on the DLC. Expand
  83. Apr 10, 2012
    Excellent Game, comparable to ME2
    Good- Long, like new gameplay(Climbing smarter enemies), story interesting
    Bad - Audio sync is terrible, ok ending, multiplayer with decrease in galactic rating 1% per day
  84. Mar 26, 2012
    This game was amazing and don't let anyone talk you out of playing it because they hate EA. Honestly it's amazingly good. The entire game is filled with endings to all the major plot points maintained throughout the story. Big emotional events with sacrifice being a key theme happen regularly. There is literally an ending for every plot point in the series. So the complaint of the actualThis game was amazing and don't let anyone talk you out of playing it because they hate EA. Honestly it's amazingly good. The entire game is filled with endings to all the major plot points maintained throughout the story. Big emotional events with sacrifice being a key theme happen regularly. There is literally an ending for every plot point in the series. So the complaint of the actual ending being bad, is based on people not realizing that fact. Those same people complaining about the lack of ending are the type of people who rush through the game and skip dialogue. You know who I'm talking about, we all know them. TL:DR; Just play it, ignore these people pretending it's the worst thing ever. Expand
  85. Mar 28, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the best game ive ever played. it has a great story, good graphics and a excellent soundtrack. i was a little disappointed with the ending but other than that the game was amazingly good
  86. Apr 2, 2012
    Great ending, Bioware. Stunning. I dont understand how people can say all three are the same: back-to-zero cave dwelling; self-destroying power-grab; or peaceable melding of flesh and machine â
  87. Mar 12, 2012
    This was by far the best mass effect experience until the final mission, during the whole playthrought it really was awesome but the end was a big let down, anyways, still a great game!
  88. Mar 14, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 takes the relationships and choices you've made through the series and wraps them up in an emotional and awesome experience. I wanted to hate this game, just like most of the people here, but it just did such a fantastic job of making me feel real emotions for the choices I made and the characters I've grown to love since the series birth. The story arcs within the game areMass Effect 3 takes the relationships and choices you've made through the series and wraps them up in an emotional and awesome experience. I wanted to hate this game, just like most of the people here, but it just did such a fantastic job of making me feel real emotions for the choices I made and the characters I've grown to love since the series birth. The story arcs within the game are fantastic on their own.

As someone who hates the second game, I can say without hesitation that Mass Effect 3 makes a great close to the series, even if only for the emotional reunions and choices. If your a fan of the series, and have grown to care for its cast of characters at all, this game will invoke emotions that few others can.
  89. Mar 11, 2012
    I literally just finished the game a few minutes ago, and I have to say, this is one of the best games I have ever played. Bioware did a fantastic job of neatly wrapping up the Mass Effect universe, plain and simple. Anyone that thinks otherwise, while entitled to their opinion entirely, isn't taking into account the scale of the actions in the game. I won't spoil anything, but almostI literally just finished the game a few minutes ago, and I have to say, this is one of the best games I have ever played. Bioware did a fantastic job of neatly wrapping up the Mass Effect universe, plain and simple. Anyone that thinks otherwise, while entitled to their opinion entirely, isn't taking into account the scale of the actions in the game. I won't spoil anything, but almost every major story mission has huge consequences that already alter the game world tremendously, and the ending is simply more extreme. The ending now brings me to my next point. Unlike popular belief that the choices you made in the earlier games do not have any impact, contrary to a statement by Bioware, they really do. There are subtle occurrences that can and will alter the game's multiple endings drastically.
    Now that the controversy around that has been dealt with let me get on with the game. The game is spectacular! The gameplay is nearly identical to Mass Effect 2, but nothings wrong with that, because it works. The combat is fluid, with a slightly tactical edge to it, and even on Normal difficulty, will force you to think, and solve through each combat situation because it is quite challenging compared to most games' normal difficulty. There are several more weapons added into the game, improving on that part of the second game, and even adds simplistic modifications to them to allow for increased stats as you see fit. Outside of the combat, Mass Effect still is heavy story based game, and the story is fantastic, epic, impacting, and fills the player with a sense of desperation, and dread (a rare accomplishment in most games). The multiplayer is some of the best I've seen in a long time, being far more enjoyable, and fun then anything else in a long time, and I mean who hasn't wanted to play in the Mass Effect universe as Turian, or Salarian, or Quarian, or Krogan?
    There are really only a few things that can be said to harm the games rating. At times, the frame rate will get a bit choppy, but thankfully never have I experienced frame rate issues while in combat, and on one occasion the animation for jumping through a Mass Relay played when it should have loaded the next cluster of planets in a system. Aside from these minor issues, there is also downloadable content that can be bought on launch day that contains an overpowered character, and an overpowered weapon. To truly experience the full game, this content is necessary, and its unfortunate to see Bioware forced to do this because of their publisher, EA.
    The game, even with these flaws accounted for, is still nearly perfect. It's clear that Bioware was aiming to make a perfect 10/10 game, but unfortunately due to EA, and the minor graphical issues, the game looks perfect, sounds perfect, plays perfect, and feels perfect. I wish I could give the game a perfect rating of 10/10 but because of its flaws I have to give it the one less regardless of how minor they feel. Bioware has done an outstanding job with Mass Effect 3. I'm proud to call myself a citizen of Edmonton, Bioware's headquarters in Alberta, Canada. A fantastic way to conclude the trilogy.
  90. Mar 7, 2012
    this is simply the best gaming trilogy out there. maybe it doesn't have the best gameplay in the world but it never claimed to. it said it was improving and i believe it has. i hope there are more games from this series set as a sequel maybe hundreds or thousands of years after because i cba with a sequel =]
  91. Mar 12, 2012
    This is a masterpiece of a video game. All of you people who are freaking about this game, are the same ones who freaked about Elder Scrolls and such... These are amazing games, that take you on amazing journeys. I don't know what you want from games? If you can't enjoy Mass Effect 3, then you seriously need to analyze if you are just too jaded to be playing video games at all. This gameThis is a masterpiece of a video game. All of you people who are freaking about this game, are the same ones who freaked about Elder Scrolls and such... These are amazing games, that take you on amazing journeys. I don't know what you want from games? If you can't enjoy Mass Effect 3, then you seriously need to analyze if you are just too jaded to be playing video games at all. This game does not deserve a 1 or a zero and for anyone to give it such a designation just shows they nothing about games. You gamers are giving us all bad names, and it must stop. Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best game ever? Probably not. Is it a very good game? Yes, as someone who has been playing games since pong, yes, it is a good game, and it is like nothing else on the market. Expand
  92. Nov 13, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is probably the best game in the series and deserves nothing less than a 10 on a rating scale.the Graphics are superb,and the story is top notch,and let's not forget about the awesome musical score that keeps you're heart pumping and the controller going crazy in you're hands.I know this review is very late,but I wanted to wait until all the bugs were addressed with patchesMass Effect 3 is probably the best game in the series and deserves nothing less than a 10 on a rating scale.the Graphics are superb,and the story is top notch,and let's not forget about the awesome musical score that keeps you're heart pumping and the controller going crazy in you're hands.I know this review is very late,but I wanted to wait until all the bugs were addressed with patches before I give my final review.also the multi-player is awesome and a great addition to an already awesome game.too all you Trolls on here giving ME3 awful reviews,get over you're BS and stop bashing this game. Expand
  93. Apr 1, 2012
    Ok, I've just finished the game, took me a few weeks with work commitments etc. I really didn't want to write a review until I had done that based on the other reviews here. I have to say I just don't get the criticism of the ending. I thought it was pretty poignant and kind of logical. I'm not going to add spoilers. I was sorry to lose one particular person earlier on in my play thru butOk, I've just finished the game, took me a few weeks with work commitments etc. I really didn't want to write a review until I had done that based on the other reviews here. I have to say I just don't get the criticism of the ending. I thought it was pretty poignant and kind of logical. I'm not going to add spoilers. I was sorry to lose one particular person earlier on in my play thru but it's about hard choices in war isn't it? So the game, it's nearly as good as ME2, there are way more weapon options which I liked tho. I tended to stick with the modded geth assault rifle tho the Chakram thrower from playing the koatr demo was also cool. So it was an epic run thru, my 6 year old son was invested in it too, he thought he was watching a movie, I have to drop some kudos on the multiplayer too, the first 2 weeks or so with the game I spent on that as it's very well executed and very enjoyable, check it out if you haven't. My major criticism of the game as a whole is it's too short, I like how the mini games to pick locks etc have gone, but I'm in two minds about mining etc being streamlined. So anyway, an awesome game frankly, worthy of the series. 9/10 Expand
  94. Mar 19, 2012
    I enjoyed Mass Effect 3 too much.it is the Best Mass Effect Game.But one thing in Mass Effect 3 from which I had been disappointed is the ending.Bio ware has to change the ending.Please Bio ware,With Mass Effect 3 I have become the Huge fan of Mass Effect Series.Please Change the ending with New DLC.
  95. Mar 22, 2012
    After waiting months for this game to release, when it finally arrived I was over the moon I ripped open the packaging, quickly looked through all the extra's then slammed the disk into my PS3. As I waited for the day one patch to install I continued to look through the extra's and was delighted with them, with the day one patch all installed I started to play and was blown away by howAfter waiting months for this game to release, when it finally arrived I was over the moon I ripped open the packaging, quickly looked through all the extra's then slammed the disk into my PS3. As I waited for the day one patch to install I continued to look through the extra's and was delighted with them, with the day one patch all installed I started to play and was blown away by how much better the graphics to the game were (though the frame rate was not stellar it was still playable). I played for hours and hours, intrigued and astounded by the story line, the characters development and as always the amazing voice acting. After 1 week I got to the end of the game and that's when things started going down hill, the ending (without giving spoilers) was absolutely terrible, I was upset, bewildered and down right angry. 98% of the game was amazing, just for that to be destroyed in the last 10 minutes. Expand
  96. Apr 4, 2012
    Just started playing at the weekend , 1st time playing ME games, truly amazing. This must be the future of entertainment. Anyone who gives this game less than 8 has ISSUES, irrespective of the ending . its all about the journey my friends. Enjoy
  97. Apr 16, 2012
    It would be easy for me to give into emotions and give Mass Effect 3 a low score for the same reasons many of my fellow fans have. I could rail against the ending and any number of minor nuances, but to do so would be dishonest and misleading. The fact of the matter is, for 95 percent of Mass Effect 3, the game is immaculate. Combat is precise, dialogue is to the same level it has beenIt would be easy for me to give into emotions and give Mass Effect 3 a low score for the same reasons many of my fellow fans have. I could rail against the ending and any number of minor nuances, but to do so would be dishonest and misleading. The fact of the matter is, for 95 percent of Mass Effect 3, the game is immaculate. Combat is precise, dialogue is to the same level it has been since the first game, and the cutscenes are absolutely stunning. Seeing the galactic war against the Reapers is breathtaking and magnificent, and was emotionally impactful in a way I have never felt from a video game before. Of course, this made the ending all that much more heartwrenching, and for emotionally invested fans of the series like myself, disappointment, depression, and anger are likely to come about. For players new to the Mass Effect series, this game has to rate a perfect 10, as it is the best installment in the series, and gives a massively immersive feel not seen in many games. For fans of the previous two games, however, it has to rate a bittersweet 7.5. A slightly railroaded plot coupled with a bizarre ending make the conclusion to the franchise a hard pill to swallow, even if the majority of the game is absolutely beautiful, whether we want to admit it or not. Expand
  98. Jul 2, 2012
    First, to get it clear, all the reviews that gave ME3 a 0 or 1 are just... can't use profanity... there's no way a game could get a score like that. The only problem that made Mass Effect 3 get bad reviews from just "fans" is because of the endings. Now the Extended Cut, a free DLC, fixes probably more than half of the issues, including the bad ones, making the ending a satisfying and sadFirst, to get it clear, all the reviews that gave ME3 a 0 or 1 are just... can't use profanity... there's no way a game could get a score like that. The only problem that made Mass Effect 3 get bad reviews from just "fans" is because of the endings. Now the Extended Cut, a free DLC, fixes probably more than half of the issues, including the bad ones, making the ending a satisfying and sad end to the best video game trilogy ever created. The game has minor flaws: glitches, and awkward moments but not game breaking. The game has everything: fun, epic moments, love, care, role playing, action, adventure, heart pumping moments. Not buying this game would be a HUGE mistake, except if you never played the previous Mass Effect games, which are masterpieces. Maybe I make Mass Effect sound overrated, but the best thing about it, is that ME3 is that good. A simple art masterpiece. But it isn't perfect of course, the game could have been improved with more content, as it lacks of appealing side quests. The side quests (optional assignments) are unnecessary and too the point of boredom, but as I said: optional so I won't add it to my score. It is worth your money and none should be disappointed now, as the end has been fixed. Do not even judge by the extremely negative user reviews. I would tell you to trust the critics on this one, even they ignored the original ending, now, forgettable as Extended Cut is out, at no extra cost. Expand
  99. Mar 8, 2012
    this game is great i love the dialogue and the memorable characters returning and the multiplayer is a great addition to the mass effect series and has rich environments to discover

1. May 12, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an emotional rollercoaster ride with lots of tension and moving moments. The threat of the Reapers make every decision a hard one and your relationship with other characters will be tested. This, in combination with tight gameplay, makes this the complete experience.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    As a bombastic action-RPG with no previous context, Mass Effect 3 is a dark, engaging game with great combat, a well-written story, and all the epic space-opera you could want. But for those who have played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, it's something much more.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    The storytelling itself, the more refined combat, the voicework, the visuals, et all, stand as a fine example of some of the best this industry has to offer, and with my minor complaints aside, there's no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will be deservedly at the top of everyone's list come this year's award season.