5.7

1. Mar 6, 2012
    Lots of fun, great game. The game has 3 settings; 1 for people wanting to play a shooter, 1 for traditional mass effect players, and 1 for people that don't want to deal with shooting. Be warned, this choice effects the rest of the game. There's no mandatory DLC, it's an optional character with no story outside the DLC.. just like Mass effect 2's DLC.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    The greatest ending for one of the best trilogy of these years. I'm surprised of all these bad reviews...Bioware succeeded in creating the only possible continuation , perfectly linked to the previous episodes and an absolute mind-blowing experience.
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    You are a anally frustrated man-child if you honestly give this game a 0/10

Yeah, sure, it has it's problems, every game does, you're not supposed to go into it expecting 10/10 GOTYAY! That's stupid and building yourself up for disappointment. Is this game fun? Yeah, quite fun. Is it the best game ever? No, I wouldn't go that far. Is it a satisfying end to a trilogy? Yes. If you reviewed
    You are a anally frustrated man-child if you honestly give this game a 0/10

If you reviewed this and gave it a 0/10 and justified it by saying "They abandoned their roots!" Go to bed. If you enjoyed Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 there's no reason to hate this game, especially considering that it's a big step up from Mass Effect 2.

So yeah, don't listen to the cry babies giving it a 0/10, everything has a redeeming quality, sorry this isn't "Super Waifu Desu Simulator Uguu 2012", but it is a very nice space opera and a fitting close to a nice story.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    How can you not give the game a 10 when the gameplay just keeps improving in each installment among tons of other things? As far as value..when most games these days you pay $60 for 5-8 hours of gameplay..this has its huge campaign and now addicting XBL multiplayer. Give me a break with the zero ratings. When a game of this caliber gets user reviews of a ridiculous score of a 0-4, its notHow can you not give the game a 10 when the gameplay just keeps improving in each installment among tons of other things? As far as value..when most games these days you pay $60 for 5-8 hours of gameplay..this has its huge campaign and now addicting XBL multiplayer. Give me a break with the zero ratings. When a game of this caliber gets user reviews of a ridiculous score of a 0-4, its not fooling anyone that you only posted this only because its cool to hate things on the internet. Be rational..if you read this this and want to say your entitled to your opinion and you could actually not like it, that may be true, but it's inhumanly impossible to say this game is a 0 out of 10. At least rate it a 5 and then your case for why it "sucks" may be believable to the poor reader than comes on here expecting an honest review. Anyways, worth the money. May even be worth the day 1 DLC. Or ya know, that could be wrong because EA didn't follow the unwritten rule of how many days need to pass after a games release for selling a DLC to seem ethical. 10$ for NEW campaign gameplay and features that needs to be added to the hard-drive in order to be included into the game OR 15$ to download a few lines of code for 3 multiplayer maps in COD to appear as a selection to play that is already contained in the disc....? Expand
  5. Mar 7, 2012
    Best game in my favorite gameseries of all time. there are truly few games whose story has a real soul to it. I laughed cried and often found myself just sitting there smiling at what happened at the screen. And for me it simply does not get any better.
  6. Mar 7, 2012
    So far the interface is incredible, it feels very cinematic, and the degree to which your actions affect the story line is amazing. I recommend this game to any RPG enthusiasts as well as to anybody that like first person shooters. Beautiful and awesome in its scope.
  7. Mar 28, 2012
    The only true thing that should ever be fixed about Mass Effect 3 is not just the end but the last mission. The whole last hour of the game seems rushed and unfinished whereas the rest of the game is well done. Adding a new ending wont change the fact they released the game with this ending and people wont forget they can forgive but not forget.
  8. Mar 9, 2012
    Game is AMAZING! Many emotions, many drive. Find story like in Mass Effec!. Find so fantastic emotions! Find so amazing EPIC You can't find it in Skyrim or Amalur. Free world is not better than GREAT story! So many agressive! Why? Gamers, WAKE UP! Stop it. This game survive is better than 5! It is a LEGEND.
  9. Mar 13, 2012
    The game gives us the best story, the voice acting gives you tears as the characters come to life. Yes, many including me didn't really like the ending but even then the game ends leaving everything open and closing the chapter on Shepard's story. It is up to the individual to make what he wants from it and that is true art. To leave things so open and yet finishing it all is hard and fewThe game gives us the best story, the voice acting gives you tears as the characters come to life. Yes, many including me didn't really like the ending but even then the game ends leaving everything open and closing the chapter on Shepard's story. It is up to the individual to make what he wants from it and that is true art. To leave things so open and yet finishing it all is hard and few actually can do this. The problem Bioware did was that they made the best game possible and some thought the deserved to have the ending fit them. The story gives us Shepard who is on Earth when the Reapers attack. He/she must flee and unite the known Galaxy against this threat or else all will be lost. The soundtrack is perfect and make you want to cry or yell in some parts from sheer joy or sadness. The characters especially Tali'Zorah vas Normandy and Garrus Vakarian feel more alive then any characters in any game and in almost any movie, the game is that good. The graphics have been fine-tuned and are truly beautiful, the fact that eyefinity now works is also an added Bonus. The combat is smoother then ever before and is now a true cover to cover shooter like Gears of war in terms of combat. The romances are wonderful, I let a few tears drop as my Shepards love interest in the final battle said "I want more time" in a tone of desperation, sorrow and love that I couldn't take. The emotional investment the gamer forms is truly marvelous. The game gives the player an almost outrageous amount of free will in many aspects like combat, exploration and story which is typical for Mass Effect and gives players an even greater feeling of immersion. The fact that you can load your save files from the previous games is superb as your individual story continues which the choice from every quest and conversation following you to the next game. If you like a truly good sci-fi adventure, if you like to have real characters threat travel with you, characters that almost feel alive, if you want all that then start playing Mass Effect and buy the next two games when you finish. This is in my opinion the best game series in the world and the only faults I was able to find in this game was that you have to be emotionally prepared for this game as it really touches your heart in ways you couldn't possibly expect. the other fault is that this is the end of Shepard's saga and I will never again be play him or romance Tali'Zorah and save the galaxy with her along side Garrus Vakarian the best turian there is. Expand
  10. Mar 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had 24 hours of the best single player I've played on the 360. But, the ending is just so unbelievably awful (up there with Matrix Revolutions). It leaves you with the feeling that all the decision making of the past 3 games was completely pointless; it has spoiled the series for me and it's a shame because it was amazing up until then. How do Bioware and EA expect to sell the DLC after this is beyond me. Expand
  11. Mar 11, 2012
    Really enjoyed the game. Spectacular ending. Amazing grande finale to a series I've come to cherish. I'm starting my second play through. After that I'll probably play it 4 more times for good measure.
  12. Mar 7, 2012
    the best in this generation full of innovation this game is and it won't let you down even if u play it twice again !!! and based on the strong story it will just attract your attention for some weeks
  13. Mar 21, 2012
    This is a great game. Visually it is a masterpiece. Content wise I too was disappointed with how short the game is and that includes release date DLC--which is a complete and utter rip off move. ME2 was by far the most fun of the series, but ME3 still delivers. And despite what the whiners say, the ending was a satisfactory conclusion to a great trilogy. My only real complaint is that theThis is a great game. Visually it is a masterpiece. Content wise I too was disappointed with how short the game is and that includes release date DLC--which is a complete and utter rip off move. ME2 was by far the most fun of the series, but ME3 still delivers. And despite what the whiners say, the ending was a satisfactory conclusion to a great trilogy. My only real complaint is that the game is too short. ME2 felt much more open for exploration, whereas ME3 is much more limited and closed off. I also wish there was more continuity between ME2 and ME3. All those characters I devoted so much time into building relationships with were mostly chucked within the first 10 hours of ME3. Ultimately though, I wish more games were like Mass Effect 3. Except for the release day DLC. That's a total dbag move. Expand
  14. Mar 14, 2012
    Overall a very solid game. I have been a fan/player since ME1 and ME2. Played through both at least 5 times. Already on new game + for ME3. Game play is good, not great, but just as good as ME2. Weapons, classes, squad-mates are good. Wish I could have a few more of the old favorites (I won't mention for people who didn't get to certain spots in the game yet). In effect, very closeOverall a very solid game. I have been a fan/player since ME1 and ME2. Played through both at least 5 times. Already on new game + for ME3. Game play is good, not great, but just as good as ME2. Weapons, classes, squad-mates are good. Wish I could have a few more of the old favorites (I won't mention for people who didn't get to certain spots in the game yet). In effect, very close visually to ME2 (bit better IMHO) and same goes for game play. Enemies are challenging and different. There are some surprising outcomes and you don't always get to be the "good guy (Paragon)" if you want to get the best outcome. I'm a little annoyed about the Effect Combat Readiness stuck at 50% without extra play (MP, some iOS game, etc.) I think I did almost everything and the best I could get was around 3800. I also bought the guide too (highly recommend or at least the online IGN or Wiki). Endings I've seen so far are a bit weak for the series. I thought they would put more into it. But I have a feeling this isn't the end of ME (or even Shepard perhaps). Maybe EA pushed BioWare to setup for a fourth in the series. Who knows. Definitely has re-playability, so I recommend a buy vs. rent. Also with a buy you get 2 day gold pass for MP (if you don't have an Xbox live account). First DLC is good too, but really should have been included in the main game. Expand
  15. Mar 12, 2012
    I got the ps3 version, which I now regret deeply, due to the somewhat laggy experience. The games progress and story is totally ok, aswell as the fact that you can just plow though if you want, or run about doing errand and scanning and god knows what to build up your army.

The lag I mentioned? As far as I have experienced, its occurring mostly in the "in between moments", like in the Citadel and in the cutscenes. And its totally killing me in the menus at some points, but so far I have not seen it in combat. *knock on wood*

Now dont get me wrong, its not a bad game, despite the fps issues. That (alongside some other minor bugs) is the only really bad thing if you ask me. I love the fact that you can choose if you want to do it like an actiongame, a story experience or something in between. The class choices are the same as before. If you want to get it, get it for xbox or pc, not for the ps3.
  16. Mar 12, 2012
    The game is just brilliant. I've played 1&2 as well and although 3 seems a bit easier, I still love it. I am only disappointed that there are so many pathetic people, who scores that game so badly, only because of ending. DO NOT BE STEREOTYPICAL. Not every ending has to be happy. C'mon! I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND MASS EFFECT 3!
  17. Mar 12, 2012
    I love this game and Bioware games in general. Great story, great characters, I actually felt regret when I had to make a tough call in the Geth storyline. I haven't finished yet and I've been playing constantly since it came out- tons of content! Would have given it a ten, except I deducted one point for the DLC BS they pulled, and 1 point for the multi-player, which I can't accessI love this game and Bioware games in general. Great story, great characters, I actually felt regret when I had to make a tough call in the Geth storyline. I haven't finished yet and I've been playing constantly since it came out- tons of content! Would have given it a ten, except I deducted one point for the DLC BS they pulled, and 1 point for the multi-player, which I can't access because I don't happen to know any other players, and public games are inaccessible to first-time players (tried to join one and was immediately booted, presumably for my level). But, as far as the gameplay goes, this is among the best I've ever played. Expand
  18. Apr 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i was so upset by the ending that i moved the cover behind all my other games so i couldint see it.....
    and even if the indoctranation theory is correct that means my mass effect universe is screwed because i would of chosen the controll or synthesis endings NOT the destroy ending
  19. Apr 20, 2012
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO ALL OF THE NEGATIVE HYPE. Yes, the ending of this game sucks sweaty donkey taint, especially if you've played since ME1, but that's 10 minutes out of 30+ hours of game. Everything leading up to the ending is well worth the money spent. This game is not perfect. Characters will stare off into space while talking, some squad mates will just run out and stand in front ofPAY NO ATTENTION TO ALL OF THE NEGATIVE HYPE. Yes, the ending of this game sucks sweaty donkey taint, especially if you've played since ME1, but that's 10 minutes out of 30+ hours of game. Everything leading up to the ending is well worth the money spent. This game is not perfect. Characters will stare off into space while talking, some squad mates will just run out and stand in front of enemies needing to constantly be revived, some conversations just cut out midway through, the DLC feels like a half-assed and pointless afterthought, but the positive FAR outweighs the negative. If you want a good, satisfying story with a **** Disney ending go watch the Lion King. I hate EA, I was pissed about the day 1 DLC shenanigans, and I"M VERY PISSED about the horrible ending, but I still loved playing this game. Expand
  20. Mar 28, 2012
    I went into this game extremely sceptical and critical because of the last game, which I hated. But I am happy to say that ME3 has made me a believer again. Its took me about a week to get through it all, and I still miss the deeper RPG elements, and planet exploration from ME1, but at the same time, I gotta admit, ME3 actually does feel like a return to form in many ways, and now that itI went into this game extremely sceptical and critical because of the last game, which I hated. But I am happy to say that ME3 has made me a believer again. Its took me about a week to get through it all, and I still miss the deeper RPG elements, and planet exploration from ME1, but at the same time, I gotta admit, ME3 actually does feel like a return to form in many ways, and now that it can stand on its own two feet as a solid Third Person shooter comparable to GoW, its actually a pretty fun game. In fact it can get quite tactical on the harder difficult settings, due to the much smarter A.I. So game-play wise I was impressed.

As for the ending, I quite liked it. It was a bit ambiguous, left open to interpretation, perhaps even too vague for some, but at the same time it did actually end, and thankfully, it wasnt your fan service, typical Hollywood ending in which everyone rides flies off into the sunset together. Instead it ended with some pretty big metaphysical questions about the purpose and evolution of life. So I was satisfied with the finality of it all, even if smaller individual questions didn't quite get the attention that some fans feel they deserved. Personally though, most of the story and characters arcs that I cared about did come to a conclusion during the course of the game, before the final push, so I didnt feel like there was much else left unanswered that bothered me. And really, the revelation at the end didn't leave much room for the smaller concerns. The bigger picture took priority.

I think the developers set out to make the ending, open-ended. To encourage fans to examine the various endings and creatively discuss their meanings. Problem is, it seems many fans wanted a more closed ending. A final CGI cutscene with black and white conclusion to their personalised story, so that they wouldn't have to spend any more time pondering what it all meant. But that ending would have left less room for fan creativity and hypothesis. Which in my book would have been an uninteresting ending, because sci-fi is supposed to be about stimulating the imagination. Having said that, they probably could have done better with the final couple of scenes and individualised them a bit more to represent one of the three choices that we made.
    But anyway, I liken the endings to 2001 A Space Odyssey, not in content or context, but in the way that the individual viewer (gamer) makes of it what he will. I.E. the ending is only limited by the scope of our own imagination.

Still peeved off about the day 1 dlc though, and all the weapons and armour DLC cut out of the game for use in other promotions. Also there seems to be a couple of achievements I cant get because they require online play. Oh and the MP component was pretty pointless, since i'll never play it again. Wished they had spent more time on SP content instead.
  21. Mar 19, 2012
    This game is a true masterpiece. Even the multiplayer is sleek and done well. All the negative reviews are from people who complain about the ending, but truly don't understand it. They believe they are entitled to what they want when they buy the game but they are very wrong. Buy this game it is fully worth every penny spent
  22. Mar 26, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed Mass Effect 3. The mechanics have been improved again and combat is still the fast paced and fluid combat it was in the second entry in the franchise. The story obviously takes a more serious tone because the galaxy is being annihilated by the Reapers in this entry. But the journey is fantastic and it is cool to see how decisions you made from back in the first orI thoroughly enjoyed Mass Effect 3. The mechanics have been improved again and combat is still the fast paced and fluid combat it was in the second entry in the franchise. The story obviously takes a more serious tone because the galaxy is being annihilated by the Reapers in this entry. But the journey is fantastic and it is cool to see how decisions you made from back in the first or second game come back to change outcomes in the third. Multiplayer is also a nice addition and again Bioware integrates it with the single player outcome so that you are motivated to participate in it. As far as the ending goes it does leave a little more to be desired but I commend Bioware for trying something different. For me personally the ending wasn't a big deal because I enjoyed the journey along the way and characters I met. Overall a great title and worth your time! Expand
  23. Mar 14, 2012
    I love, Mass Effect. It's addicting, it's funny, and the story is perfect. But will Mass Effect 3, be the best out of all of them?

Single-player: We start with Commander Shepard, on Earth. Just in time for, the Reapers to attack. So he has to go out into space, fighting Cerberus, Geth, Reapers, and build his army to stop them from, destroying every intelligent life-form in, the Milky Way. The story is, pretty simple. Gather your team, and kill the enemy. No pressure, you've been doing this since the first game. Except, it's bigger, and, youâ
  24. Mar 15, 2012
    I love the Mass Effect series. I loved Mass Effect 3. The pacing was near genius and the story was stirring. Your interactions with your crew and others was fantastic. The gameplay was a great middle of the road between ME1 and ME2 allowing for more customization without inventory overkill. This game kept me up later then intended and took up a quick 30 plus hours of my life. As I watchedI love the Mass Effect series. I loved Mass Effect 3. The pacing was near genius and the story was stirring. Your interactions with your crew and others was fantastic. The gameplay was a great middle of the road between ME1 and ME2 allowing for more customization without inventory overkill. This game kept me up later then intended and took up a quick 30 plus hours of my life. As I watched characters I've grown to love appear and react to all the decisions made in my previous 80 hours of time in ME1 and 2 I thought, "Wow, this could be the greatest epic of not only video game history, but of entertainment history." Never before has something with this much ambition been made in games.

So, why an eight?

Because, without ruining anything you receive almost no closure.

Because Bioware promised a ending that would utilize all I had done in the series, and it wasn't true.

After finishing every Bioware game I have played I immediately have want to play again. Do things different. Play as I didn't before and experience all the differences. This time though, as the credits rolled, I set down my controller and felt betrayed.

I had been promised so much and I have never been so disappointed. I heard complaints about the end before I finished and thought that it couldn't be that bad. I heard so much negative about Dragon Age 2 (another Bioware game) and I loved it. I'm on my third play in it.

Not so with ME3. I have no ambition to ever play it again. The media I feel is not being fair. I have seen these same websites and magazines kill a games score based on the ending. Not so this time. The reviews were glowing, calling ME3 a perfect conclusion.

Really?

Who remembers when at the end of star wars Luke was being electrified and Darth Vader walked towards the emperor and the scene suddenly changed to Leia and Han on Dagobah swimming in a swamp and then went to black?

No one?

Cause that's how the end of ME3 felt. You were led on this amazing journey. You reach the end only to know that the journey was BS. It felt like being cheated on by a significant other. It felt like betrayal.

Is the game a good game? Yes, very much so. The gameplay, multiplayer, and 99% of the story are amazing. That 1% that isn't?

It was Bioware screwing your girlfriend while you were at work and then texting you pictures.
  25. Mar 19, 2012
    Up to the finale, ME3 felt like the natural continuity of the previous 2 installments. Great music, improved visuals (in spite of a few minor glitches), obvious efforts were made to make the fans feel at home and bring closure to the story. The characters feel like old friends and you're happy to see them one last time. The design team did a fantastic job of it.

Then, 5 minutes before

Then, 5 minutes before the end, the designers break the compact made with the players that made ME an interactive art form by taking control of YOUR Shepard's story. The conclusion felt obviously rushed and writers obviously forgot that since ME is YOUR Shepard's story, YOU should decide how it all ends... sad, bittersweet or happy should be YOUR choice. And that's why I give it a 9, rather than the 10 I would have otherwise given it. Good news is: that can be fixed through a patch or DLC.
  26. Mar 20, 2012
    This game does everything important right. Mass effect still stands as one of the best series of this gaming generation. you could look past all the minor flaws. That was, until the ending. The ending manages to undo and/or invalidate essentially everything that shepard does throughout not just ME3, but the other two games as well. It leaves a bitter taste in your mouth that nothing canThis game does everything important right. Mass effect still stands as one of the best series of this gaming generation. you could look past all the minor flaws. That was, until the ending. The ending manages to undo and/or invalidate essentially everything that shepard does throughout not just ME3, but the other two games as well. It leaves a bitter taste in your mouth that nothing can wash off.

I loved it. Then there was the ending....
  27. Mar 30, 2012
    Yeah, I really liked the game, had a few bugs, a few bumps along the ride, but the end....man...the ending is bad on an entirely new dimension.
    Why is it enough to give the hole game this low rating?...because not only this ending is completely unlogical and senseless, it completely destroys everything the series has accomplished since ME1, every squad member in the end gets his personality destroyed, their loyalties obliterated.
    Every little piece of gameplay, every little dialogue, every emotional moment along the hole franchise, got destroyed in less than 20 minutes of non playing gameplay :S
  28. Apr 1, 2012
    This game is vastly underrated because of the controversy. It's a good game has its quirks here and there but overall a good finale game for a good series.
  29. Apr 8, 2012
    something wrong when games like mass effect or modern warfare 3 have 3.5 average user score , and games like too human have 7.1 average user score . Metacritics should do something to link gametag with user id and if you don't finish the game, you can't post any valoration relative to the game.
  30. Apr 9, 2012
    I've loved every minute of my time with the Mass Effect series and the third installment is no different. Every decision I've made throughout the series felt like they mattered and I saw the effects of these choices show throughout the story being told. I often found myself doing nothing more but wandering around overhearing conversations that told even more about the story.

The story

The story is epic, well acted, and immersing. The game-play is better than ever and caters to many play styles. Like stealth, hitting hard and running away? Go for it. Standard FPS? Sure. Like the Rock/Paper/Scissor decisions of a classic RPG? You have skills for that.

The negative attitudes about downloadable content and a disappointing close to one of the greatest gaming accomplishments of all time is a shame. Sure, I would have liked a bit more from the ending, but that shouldn't be enough to drag this WONDERFUL piece of down.
  31. Apr 11, 2012
    Any gamer would give this game a zero because:

-Interview lies about multiple endings. -Advertising lies about the game choices mattering in the end. -Day 1 DLC. Some of the DLC content is on the game disc!!! They planned to milk more money from the player on release. This is a highly shameful and disgust practice that no gamer should encourage. -One ending. Three different colors. Anyone
    Any gamer would give this game a zero because:

-Interview lies about multiple endings.
    -Advertising lies about the game choices mattering in the end.
    -One ending. Three different colors. Anyone giving more than a zero to this game is encouraging game developers to:
    -lie about the contents of their product
    -to not finish their product without asking for more money after you bought it (day1 DLC)
  32. Apr 24, 2012
    Everybody needs to take a chill pill. Don't bash the game because of personal opinion towards subjects unrelated to the game's final product. The point of a User Review isn't to complain about a company, its about to rate a game so potential buyers know what they're getting themselves into.

Anyway, I think the game is solid, but is the weakest in the series. However, that isn't saying much since i'd give the last two games 10/10's. Mass Effect 3 really is a great game with a breathtaking storyline, but it missed the mark in terms of how innovative the game truly could have been. The differences between the first and second games were huge. So many things had changed for the better, and, in my opinion, some things had been changed for the worst. Instead of correcting mistakes made previously in Mass Effect 2, EA chose to use an almost identical mold for the third game. The potential of learning from the first and second games' mistakes was virtually ignored. I suppose in the end though, the game was fun and it was worth the buy. I just they did more with it. As for the dreaded ending that everybody is up in arms about, it isn't as bad as people claim it to be. The game's grand finale is whatever you make of it. Chances are it wont end the way you had imagined it would and therefore you might not like it. The fact of the matter is, the developers designed an ending that they believed was appropriate. Whether or not you accept that is up to you. I didn't think it was all that bad. The Pros:
    +4 Points for a great story
    +2 Points for solid gameplay
    +2 Point for the new multiplayer

The Cons:
    -1 Point for lack of originality
    -1 Point for using the Mass Effect 2 formula
  33. Apr 24, 2012
    Let me begin by saying that Mass Effect 3 is an excellent game, and is worthy of the five star rating I have assigned to it. However, you may have heard some lackluster comments about the ending, and yes, the ending was a disappointment for me, as well as many others, but this doesn't detract much from the rest of the game. The gun play has been refined to the point of near perfection, andLet me begin by saying that Mass Effect 3 is an excellent game, and is worthy of the five star rating I have assigned to it. However, you may have heard some lackluster comments about the ending, and yes, the ending was a disappointment for me, as well as many others, but this doesn't detract much from the rest of the game. The gun play has been refined to the point of near perfection, and the RPG elements have been expanded upon from Mass Effect 2, though still not as in-depth as Mass Effect, which in my opinion was a bit too complex. However, it feels as if the game took a hit in the story department, limiting your overall choices in conversations by removing the neutral options. It may seem as if I'm complaining about the story, but across all three games, it's still one of the best stories ever told in gaming. (And if you're concerned about the ending, Bioware has confirmed that a free DLC titled "Extended Cut" will be released this summer, hopefully putting an end to everyone's ending woes.)

While Mass Effect 3 may not be as amazing as it's predecessor, Mass Effect 2, they are both definitely worthy of being on the list of the best games I have ever played.

9.7/10
  34. Apr 29, 2012
    It's a shame so many users have chosen to take out their frustration with the game's ending rather than rate the whole thing. The team behind these games really polished the engine and concept from ME2 and made it work better than ever in ME3. It's true, for many the ending may detract from the experience for some (I was not disappointed, but I can see how it would seem unfulfilling forIt's a shame so many users have chosen to take out their frustration with the game's ending rather than rate the whole thing. The team behind these games really polished the engine and concept from ME2 and made it work better than ever in ME3. It's true, for many the ending may detract from the experience for some (I was not disappointed, but I can see how it would seem unfulfilling for some, and why DLC is coming to flesh it out). The rest of the game though is tremendous, and even the multiplayer works well (and is FUN). This is one time you should go with the critics, and less with the user score, it's less biased on one single point of the game. Expand
  35. May 1, 2012
    Every user review is a 10 or 0 because no game has ever created such a deep story as this trilogy has, and no game has ever made its players as emotionally invested in its story and characters. Yea a lot of people hate the ending, but the journey there is one of the greatest sci-fi adventures I've ever enjoyed.
  36. Apr 17, 2012
    Good game. The single player campaign wasn't as good as the first two but the multi player is a very nice addition. Unlike Mass effect 1 and 2 that I traded in after finishing the single player campaign this one i will be keeping for a while.
  37. Mar 26, 2012
    No spoilers here. Mass Effect 3 is the best in the saga, also the best game I have played in all my life (playing since the 8bit era). Long story short, Mass Effect 3 has the best of Mass Effect 1 and 2 without the annoying parts of tediously collecting resources. Is is an experience and enjoyment to play this game. As always Bioware has been able to give personality, feelings and emotionNo spoilers here. Mass Effect 3 is the best in the saga, also the best game I have played in all my life (playing since the 8bit era). Long story short, Mass Effect 3 has the best of Mass Effect 1 and 2 without the annoying parts of tediously collecting resources. Is is an experience and enjoyment to play this game. As always Bioware has been able to give personality, feelings and emotion to the characters, also very good gameplay and storyline. Thanks Bioware. For sure I will buy more games in this saga.

Alex
  38. Mar 25, 2012
    A decent yet highly flawed finale to a great trilogy, that feels really quite dated. GOOD: Fantastic presentation and production values gives the game a fantastically epic feel at times (Palaven level in particular); Fun and varied combat that improves upon both ME1 and 2 by presenting the player with a greater diversity of enemies that require radically different techniques to beat;A decent yet highly flawed finale to a great trilogy, that feels really quite dated. GOOD: Fantastic presentation and production values gives the game a fantastically epic feel at times (Palaven level in particular); Fun and varied combat that improves upon both ME1 and 2 by presenting the player with a greater diversity of enemies that require radically different techniques to beat; Generally stunning graphics and crisp, clean textures; Most character interactions are superb with a mostly decent script; Around 90% of the story is brilliantly told and exciting to participate in; Voice acting is top-notch and fleshes out the characters well; Much improved powers progression over ME2 with a slight decrease in overall linearity; Weapon mods are a welcome return as are the armour upgrades from ME2; Seeing the conclusions of many of your choices in previous games play out is generally pretty well done; Multiplayer is very good and offers a wealth of customisation and character progression; Space Hamster, Auto-Fish feeder and Blasto! BAD: Journal is terribly designed and does not update when new items for a quest are found, so quest progression can be confusing; When opening quest log it does not default to top of screen so you have to scroll through all the quests you've completed whenever you open it which is irritating and totally unnecessary; Graphical pop-in during many different parts of the game creates an unfinished look in an other wise highly polished game; Characters vanish during cutscenes and necks twist in weird laughably bad directions to compensate for bad character placement during some cutscenes; Human faces look awful at times compared to other Alien races and detract somewhat from the emotion of many cutscenes; During cutscenes graphical bugs occur wherein pistols are holstered on back or are invisible where Bioware always expected players to apparently be using an assault rifle; Shepard has an awful script which is positively cringe worthy in most instances and again detracts from the quality of cutscenes; Story has many exhaustingly contrived instances, such as the sudden emergence of a weapon that can destroy all the Reapers highlighting some terrible writing in parts; The Ending is horridly put together and highlights Bioware's inability to conclude compelling stories (Space Jesus? Why? Deus Ex Machina anyone?); Many quest bugs which require reloading from previous saves to proceed; The one-button-for-every-action is at it's worse now that Bioware have introduced rolling to the combat - having the same button for running, going into cover, interacting with an item, rolling and reviving team mates reeks of bad game design and causes far too many frustrating moments (See Vanquish for how to do this correctly); In multiplayer there are many gameplay bugs such as falling through floor, enemies becoming invisible/invincible, not being able to forward roll and use heavy attack for minutes at a time and being stuck on the spot forcing you to quit out of the game; The galaxy map is now at its most redundant with sections cut off until you reach "that part of the game" meaning actual exploration in Mass Effect 3 is incredibly linear; Scanning for War assets is dull and requires almost no input from the player; Side-quests are incredibly shallow and mostly require you to scan a planet to find some lost religious texts for a species and then find the numbered NPC on a map of the citadel to complete it (bearing in mind the journal never updates, so you only know if a mission is complete if a new numbered NPC appears on the map); Other side-quest follow a sloppy pattern of coincidently bumping into old team mates from ME2 under increasingly dull and contrived circumstances; Zero customisation of your teammate armour; Weapon mods are uninteresting and are mostly just scopes and bigger clips; Character progression is still immensely shallow, especially for your teammates; All aspects of character progression are combat based and there are no class specific skills to give you an advantage in any moments out of combat so your class has zero identity outside a combat situation; No mini-games for hacking doors now, just stand and watch Shepard wave his omni-tool around for a good 20 seconds (fun?...no); Reaper awareness meter on galaxy map is badly implemented and just becomes a nuisance instead of creating a feeling of actual panic; War Assest acquisition is wholly artifical and is quite simply a bar to raise so you get more of a choice of the same badly written and horribly presented ending. Overall Mass Effect 3 is a fun game to play, but it's shallow, buggy, has some terrible scripting blunders and horrid design choices that really tarnish what could have been a superb game and a definite contender for my GOTY. Expand
  39. Mar 13, 2012

No, the ending is so not perfect at all. For those who say it is perfect, you are clearly biased and didn't even finish the game yet.
  40. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The fans deserved a real ending. We paid over $200 over the life of the series. We all invested time and money into what was a collective narrative that we all cared about. The only thing we wanted was a real conclusion. An epilogue. That's why we bought it. Endings matter. They help give meaning to all the choices made, or the choices we didn't make.

More than that. I feel we all were lied to. In the build-up, we were promised a complex ending which was largely dependent on the choices we made. But that didn't happen. We got an A, B, or C selection. We were told the Citidel would be larger than before. Both lies. And now, Bioware is ignoring the complaints.

Here's the ending I would have liked to see (I can't remember where this came from, so I cannot take credit for it):

The ending that I wanted...the ending we all deserved. The ending should have been simple. The Crucible is just a monstrous laser beam that tears Reapers into little bits, and then we have Shepard wake up on the Normandy, Lord of the Rings style. And then the epilogue plays. To celebrate the victory, the biggest party in Galactic history is thrown on the Citadel. Everyone gets filthy drunk and dances the night away. EDI and Joker try to have sex, which ends with a shattered pelvis. Grunt does some hilarious stuff, Jack gets in a catfight with Miranda (jello optional), Garrus and Shepard go swimming in the giant lake, Wrex tries to join them and almost drowns (in a funny way) and finally catches that fish, someone pours a Gatorade bucket (Mass Effect equivalent) on Hackett's head, who flips out at first but ends up having fun, and other general hijinx ensue. And then afterwards there's a bunch of shots of the different species rebuilding their homeworlds. Shots of the Quarian and Geth getting along, the leftover Reaper corpses towed into space and blown into bits, red tape being cut, etc. Happy happy happy. And then there's a love interest ending. For example, Ashley and Shepard are shown with her family on Earth, maybe starting a new life together in the military. Or whoever the love interest was...just show them together.... And then, the final shot is of the Statue of Shepard that gets erected in the Citadel, and it fades to credits. And there are no child gods, I don't feel like I should have to explain why. I don't think this is too much to ask for, you know? An actual ending.....
  41. Mar 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is brilliant UNTIL!!! the totally gutting and terrible ending to this fantastic series, why? just why??? it has nothing to do with anything, no choices make a difference, it is a punch in face to loyal fans, a new character in the dying seconds of the game tells you this: The Reaperâ Expand
  42. Mar 18, 2012
    in my opinion i thought that MA3 was a fantastic game, i mean sure they didnt keep all of what the series made great but still a great experiance, and without giving anything away i thought the ending was good, well my ending, and it kind of very slightly left it open, even though it was ment to be a trilogy
  43. Mar 20, 2012
    My playthrough lasted 36 hours and 25 minutes. 36 hours and 20 minutes were fun, challenging, and touching then with the final five minutes this game committed narrative suicide and the terrible ending was all the worse for the greatness of this series. Endings matter especially in mass effect and this one was so bad that if it is not fixed through some dlc I just don't know if I everMy playthrough lasted 36 hours and 25 minutes. 36 hours and 20 minutes were fun, challenging, and touching then with the final five minutes this game committed narrative suicide and the terrible ending was all the worse for the greatness of this series. Endings matter especially in mass effect and this one was so bad that if it is not fixed through some dlc I just don't know if I ever have the heart to play another bioware game again. (And I've played everything bioware has ever released.) Bad ending ruined great franchise. Expand
  44. Mar 20, 2012
    The ending completely killed the entire series for me. It wasn't thought provoking or deep at all, it was lazy writing and a rushed effort that I was very unsatisfied with.
  45. Mar 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played Mass Effect since it first came out. I eagerly awaited Mass Effect 2, ordered books, the collector's edition, even the Prima guide. I've replayed it more times than I can count When Mass Effect 3 was announced, I was ecstatic. I rushed to secure a collector's edition, and by the time March 6th came around I was ready to hole myself in my basement and play til I finished. And I do love BioWare. Because of Mass Effect, I bought Dragon Age and KOTOR. I applaud them for all their brilliance in the past, but I strongly believe they stumbled at the finish line for Mass Effect.

99% of the game was perfection. I had chills down my spine during the Fall of Thessia, I shed a tear when Mordin and Thane sacrificed themselves. It was such an emotionally gripping game. However, the final 5 minutes is what ruined everything. Casey Hudson promised us that our choices would matter. How do they matter in a simple choice: red, green, or blue explosion? He promised us 16 DIFFERENT endings. The entire series was about choice and consequence. It was about weighing options and making moral decisions. All of this was completely nullified by the introduction of a God Child and the whole Stargazer debacle. The ending is so full of plot holes - why is Joker running away from a fight? Why did my squadmates mysteriously disappear then reappear on the Normandy? How did Anderson get ahead of Shepard when he said he got into the beam after him? How did Hackett know it was Shepard when the chatter says that no one made it to the beam? I personally believe the indoctrination theory, but it becomes difficult to believe when BioWare remains silent. If tanking the metacritic scores, making noise, and banding together is what it takes for BioWare to notice and make a change, then I'm all in. Hold the line.
  46. CjN
    Mar 20, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the best game in the trilogy; the combat has been improved since the last game. Itâ
  47. Zuk
    Mar 20, 2012
    This game was on the verge of being the Sci-Fi epic of our generation - in the form of a video game trilogy! But, alas, BioWare got butterfingers less than 10 minutes from the conclusion. Rather than giving all of our hard work, all of the many stories told, and most of all a great damn hero in Commander Shepard a REAL send off? The type that they deserved? What happened?

On top of that,

On top of that, the ending ruined the Reapers as well! They went from truly terrifying and powerful cosmic horrors from beyond the Galaxy to the pets of a nonsensical "god child"! All that talk by Sovereign in Mass Effect 1 and they ended up being nothing but tools.

On top of that, the ruining did just what it was promised not to do: gave us an "A, B, C" style ending which in no way took account for all of the story threads we had loomed together.

At some point, BioWare's writers simply dropped the ball.
  48. Mar 20, 2012
    The game was really good until the last 5 minutes of the game. It's really a shame that the ending ruins the entire franchise. Absolute disappointment.
  49. Mar 21, 2012
    This is the best game I've ever played. I love the game 100% beginning-to-end, top-to-bottom. BioWare created a masterpiece. The ending requires your thought, attention, and patience, but it is worth it and very rewarding. It's a shame that so many fans who disliked the ending and have acted so immaturely.
  50. Mar 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disappointing ending aside...I really enjoyed Mass Effect 3. Though it does feel a bit stripped down compared to Mass Effect 2. There is only one hub world. Your journal doesn't update and give you new information to help with quests. A majority of the side quests are nothing more than fetching something from a planet by simply scanning it, while side missions that have you land on a planet often feel more like a tease and doesn't feel like there are as many this time.

Other aspects like Paragon/Renegade and the RPG elements don't feel as necessary this time. It really is more of a 3rd person shooter now. Which I was fine with since my favorite parts of Mass Effect has always been the story and the universe Bioware created. All of which is expanded upon in this game, and that's why the ending feels so painful to many fans, cause it seems to throw it all away.

Another questionable decision by Bioware is that it feels like they ignored Mass Effect 2 beyond Cerberus. Mass Effect 3 references the 1st game more than anything. The squad you had in 2nd game(assuming they survived) are put in small supporting roles and many simply have cameos. It makes me wonder why it was made such a big deal on whether they survived or not when they have no impact beyond the second game. And I think it can be assumed that Mass Effect 2 is more popular than the 1st overall, so when seems odd that the writers seem to ignore a great deal of it.

And without spoiling the ending too much...I did not need some fluffy scene with Shepard skipping on a beach with Ashley or anything like that. But when your trilogy is about saving the galaxy from giant robots...one would expect it to end on a more positive note. At least with some closure. But unfortunately Shepard's goal for the entire series felt over shadowed, thus lacking any real victory for the player. There are a lot of games with bad endings, but when the series and story is so good, it makes it all the more painful.

I know my review seems awfully critical, but really did love the game overall. It is still better most other games on the market.
  51. Mar 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For all the haters out there...GET OVER IT! Its a video game its not real life. Boo Hoo they didn't end the game the way YOU wanted. Grow up people if you dont like the way it ended thats just too damn bad. I happened to enjoy the ending. If you didnt understand what was happening at the end...I feel sorry for your ignorance. Since ME1 Shepard has been fighting indoctrination. By ME3 his indoctrination is nearly complete. Its little things that happen during ME3 that show you his indoctrination...like...the little boy who nobody else sees, i mean he was struggling to get on the shuttle and not one soldier helps him on. Do you know why??? Its because he's not real he's a hallucination brought on by Harbinger to try and crush Shepards will to fight. What about during the end when the laser hits Shepard and Harbinger leaves the beam. Why do the other soldiers retreat if Harbinger has left? or why when its asked if anyone made it to the beam do you hear that no one makes it? Or the fact that Anderson beats you to the Citadel control room even though he's clearly not ahead of you? How about how the Destruction choice (paragon) and Control choice (renegade) are represented by the opposite colors on the pathways? They're switched because the Reapers want you to "control" them not destroy them because control shows that you've become fully indoctrinated. The Mass Relays are still there...the Geth are still alive...VI's,AI's, all synthetic life is still alive. Expand
  52. Mar 27, 2012
    10/10 for ME3, not played 1 or 2, but I am buying them tomorrow! Admittedly I had played upuntil where you have to defuse the bomb in the first game, but couldn't get the hang of it, now I got into the third game, like I said I'm buying 1 and 2
  53. fmb
    Mar 29, 2012
    I think the game has moments of greatness, but overall, I feel like it is sloppy, incomplete, and worst of all, uninspired. The lack of legitimate side quests (only six N7 missions, all with very little variety in tone, plot, and scenery), the complete removal of any form of exploration, the thinness of dialogue options and prevalence of auto dialogue, the lack of conversation withI think the game has moments of greatness, but overall, I feel like it is sloppy, incomplete, and worst of all, uninspired. The lack of legitimate side quests (only six N7 missions, all with very little variety in tone, plot, and scenery), the complete removal of any form of exploration, the thinness of dialogue options and prevalence of auto dialogue, the lack of conversation with companions, the limited use of ME2 squadmates, the fetch quest system ala Dragon Age 2, and the incoherent and lackluster ending all make this a frustrating and disappointing game. I expected Mass Effect to go out with a bang, but instead I feel like it just stumbled to an unsatisfying conclusion. It could have been a lot more than it was. Expand
  54. Mar 30, 2012
    90% of this game is a masterpiece. The other 10% is so bad that it ruins the game. The biggest problem is the nonsensical, plot hole ridden, open to speculation "endings" which is really one cutscene which uses 95% of the same assets and different colored explosions. In addition Bioware used various shortcuts which really hurt the game in the end. The side quest missions weren't really90% of this game is a masterpiece. The other 10% is so bad that it ruins the game. The biggest problem is the nonsensical, plot hole ridden, open to speculation "endings" which is really one cutscene which uses 95% of the same assets and different colored explosions. In addition Bioware used various shortcuts which really hurt the game in the end. The side quest missions weren't really missions at all, more like a find a needle in a haystack type of game. There is no quest tracking, and tali's face was google photoshopped in. The cutting of corners wouldn't have diminished the rating so much as the fact that the ending negates the point of the entire series "player choice." The day one Dlc was also controversial and a money-grab. I would recommend renting the game if your a fan, and not buying it. Expand
  55. Apr 6, 2012
    Despite the general critical acclaim, I thought this was a terribly disappointing game. I loved the first two Mass Effect games - the second one is an absolute masterpiece - and it's baffling how Bioware - who got everything so right in Mass Effect 2 - could get so many things wrong in this final part of the series. The focus is on combat - and other aspects of the game have suffered.Despite the general critical acclaim, I thought this was a terribly disappointing game. I loved the first two Mass Effect games - the second one is an absolute masterpiece - and it's baffling how Bioware - who got everything so right in Mass Effect 2 - could get so many things wrong in this final part of the series. The focus is on combat - and other aspects of the game have suffered. Gone is the feeling of freedom and expansiveness of having a whole galaxy to explore - aside from main quest missions, there are no planets on which you can land, no hidden adventures to discover. And too many of the main quest missions felt unremarkable to me, indistinguishable from each other, and at times it was hard to care about what was going on. The way that side missions have been implemented in the game feels very unsatisfactory and doesn't feel fully realised at all. Don't even get me started on the way the journal works - or doesn't work; it's virtually impossible to stay on top of what you need to do, or where you need to go to do it. Item management is also a nightmare: you need to buy weapons in the game, but you're buying them in the dark, because the game offers nothing as useful as being able to compare what's on sale with the weapons your squad already has. Item management, quest management, the way that side missions work, all felt poorly realised to me. There are no new characters - oh no, sorry, there's one: a hulking space marine whose name I've forgotten he's so unremarkable. He's like a cast-off from Gears of War, dull as dishwater, as out of place in a Mass Effect game as Jack Bauer would be in an episode of The Wire. It's not all bad - the game does throw up some memorable moments, and it looks stunning - the graphics and lighting effects are excellent. But there are not enough memorable moments, and too much of the game feels like a betrayal of all that has gone before it. Mass Effect 3 feels like a game trying to be all things to all people, and ending up as a bit of a dog's breakfast. If I'm being honest, this game broke my heart. And I haven't even mentioned the ending... Expand
  56. Apr 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It pains me to give this game such a low rating. Most of the game deserves a higher score, but the ending is simply unforgivable. In the several minutes it took for the ending to conclude all my desire to play this game and the previous two games was wiped away. I thought it would only last a few days, but sadly it seems my wonderful journey with this franchises is finished. I feel cheated that it ended so sourly for me and that I was not even given the option to save the universe that I had fallen in love with. The player choice that was promised was ultimately not fulfilled. Expand
  57. Jun 3, 2012
    this is dumb dumb even with total bad ending the even more problem to it the kinect feature on 360 does not do what we ask it when you say player name advance to attack stay back etc then when u use words like ok let go say it sometimes it pick it up
  58. Apr 14, 2012
    Overall I give the 6 and here is why:

Story: Excellent! Well up until the last 10min. Pretty much when you play this game and you meet the glowing child. Just restart your Xbox and you won't have the fanchise ruined. Gameplay: Good. Single Player: The power combinations come in handy for some of the more difficult enemies. Still don't care about the limited ammo becuase it goes
    Overall I give the 6 and here is why:

Gameplay: Good. Single Player: The power combinations come in handy for some of the more difficult enemies. Still don't care about the limited ammo becuase it goes against the first game, exploration was significantly reduced. Miss some of the puzzle games that were introduced to in the last game (ME2). Also you seem to need to switch between disc a lot more than in Mass Effect 2

Multiplayer: Fun. No PvP, all PvE. Focus's on teamwork. Biggest complaint is the "Store". All new characters and weapons are random with different pack just increasing your odds. Unfortunately you don't know what items, weapons or characters are Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Ultra Rare.

Bugs: A few but Significant

Most notable the face import issue for characters created in Mass Effect 1 and 2. None of my characters faces I generated imported into Mass Effect 3. Even post patch, just released 4/11, imported in properly. Many gamer have experienced items being re-lock in multiplayer and game freezes.

This game is a must play but not necessarily a must buy for the casual gamer.
  59. Apr 19, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 IS a great game. Sure the ending is a bit disappointing, but the game is so much more than just the ending. The epic adventure of Shepard continues in style, with grand action sequences and encounters with folks from the previous 2 games. And the choices taken in the previous games do matter. If you did good, you'll get a lot of extra help for the final battle.
  60. Apr 28, 2012
    Incredibly fun and satisfying game. A great blend of RPG and shooter elements from the previous games. Multi player was better than I expected but not needed. A little corny in places towards the end of the game however. I respect the writers choice in the endings and I can't wait for some DLC :)
  61. May 3, 2012
    First of all i like to say that "Mass Effect 3" is one of the best games ever made in my opinion, even the whole series is awesome. As the reaction of many gamers shows, i am not alone who expected a marvelous finale at the end of this Sci-Fi Triology! And what have i became? A crappy nonsense telling end, that is it. That was the great announced final? I do not think so, i do not get it!First of all i like to say that "Mass Effect 3" is one of the best games ever made in my opinion, even the whole series is awesome. As the reaction of many gamers shows, i am not alone who expected a marvelous finale at the end of this Sci-Fi Triology! And what have i became? A crappy nonsense telling end, that is it. That was the great announced final? I do not think so, i do not get it! So i have rated the game with 2/10 not in case of the gameplay or atmosphere, i did it, because the ending really pissed me off like most of you and EA/Bioware's Statement handled us, the Fans/Gamers like idiots and ignored our support over the last 5 years. I mean, look at all the feature's they have promised. At the end, none of the decisions i have made during the first two parts is considered. What happened at all? You can choose like in "Deus Ex 3" between 3 endings. Do not tell me that i have to level my readiness til 5000 pts.+ or my renegade/paragon bar to the max. Treat gamers like that is perky and unforgettable! Check out "Angry Joe's" Review or 10 Reasons why the ending really sucks for Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E At least Bioware was sold out by Electronic Arts and get's in a row with Companies like Bullfrog, Maxis, Origin, Westwood and some more. It is all about cash and income shares for the Shareholders, nothing else matters. So, i have decided for my own that i will not support such ignorant policy again and i have canceled my SWToR-Account too. I do not buy a game of EA and Bioware again, til that Day "Mass Effect 3" will become some real endings, belongs to the choices i have made! My suggestion for you, do the same! Otherwise EA/Bioware do it again and again... Expand
  62. May 4, 2012
    The Mass Effect franchise started strongly with ME1, a combination RPG shooter that while a little wooden at times, was an engaging and entertaining game. ME2 built on this, adding flesh to the story and depth to the galaxy while improving slightly on the slightly awkward combat dynamic of ME1.
    ME3 has bettered it's forebears, with a fluid combat system, improved interface and truly engrossing story.
    Further, the added multiplayer element offers brilliant gameplay and well thought out locations to enjoy with friends. The graphics and cut-scenes are high end throughout and the soundtrack at times breathtaking.
    Given the number of decisions made in the journey from ME1 to ME3's ending, the limited number of ending options is a little disappointing, but overall this is a strong finish to the ME series.
  63. May 10, 2012
    Amazing game!!! People giving this game are such trolls. They probably enjoyed the game all the way up to the end, when they started to cry. So what the ending isn't the best send off? The gameplay was the best in the series and the multiplayer is great fun with friends. People giving this a bad review need to have a better reason then hating the story, because gameplay wise it is probablyAmazing game!!! People giving this game are such trolls. They probably enjoyed the game all the way up to the end, when they started to cry. So what the ending isn't the best send off? The gameplay was the best in the series and the multiplayer is great fun with friends. People giving this a bad review need to have a better reason then hating the story, because gameplay wise it is probably one of the best of this generation. And personally I like the story and ending, I was just bummed out that all the endings were the same. Expand
  64. Jun 28, 2012
    The Extended Cut has definitely improved the endings, allowing more closure, a more visual representation of player choices, and a prevailing feeling of optimism rather than the overly ambiguous and even bleak nature of the originals. Perfect game? Not quite. There is still too much auto-dialogue/protagonist passivity, and the journal isn't exactly helpful. But this is nitpicking a gameThe Extended Cut has definitely improved the endings, allowing more closure, a more visual representation of player choices, and a prevailing feeling of optimism rather than the overly ambiguous and even bleak nature of the originals. Perfect game? Not quite. There is still too much auto-dialogue/protagonist passivity, and the journal isn't exactly helpful. But this is nitpicking a game that has so much going for it. Increased squad interaction (particularly with each other, a nice touch), some great characters, missions such as those on Tuchanka, Rannoch and Grissom Academy, a MUCH improved Citadel from ME2, and hugely fun combat make this a game well worth playing. Expand
  65. Jun 28, 2012
    Is this game actualy perfect? No but there needs to be a counterbalance to all the morons that dishonestly review bomb the game and give it a ridiculously low score. Seriously people are giving it 0s and 1s? What the hell is wrong with these people. There is no way you can honestly give the game that low of a score. Mass Effect 3 is an incredible game that had a weak ending that hasIs this game actualy perfect? No but there needs to be a counterbalance to all the morons that dishonestly review bomb the game and give it a ridiculously low score. Seriously people are giving it 0s and 1s? What the hell is wrong with these people. There is no way you can honestly give the game that low of a score. Mass Effect 3 is an incredible game that had a weak ending that has now been fixed thanks to the extended cut. Mass Effect 3 deserves a better fanbase. Expand
  66. Jul 1, 2012
    Ignoring the last ten minutes, this game is incredible. The ending was incredibly disappointing, especially for those who completed all three games and built relationships, strong and weak, between the different characters. Regardless, this game improved combat beyond the others, and is an incredible experience. The ending couldn't be worse, but the rest of the game has to be praised forIgnoring the last ten minutes, this game is incredible. The ending was incredibly disappointing, especially for those who completed all three games and built relationships, strong and weak, between the different characters. Regardless, this game improved combat beyond the others, and is an incredible experience. The ending couldn't be worse, but the rest of the game has to be praised for what it does. Expand
  67. Jul 1, 2012
    The problems that everyone had with the ending have been fixed with the Extended Cut and additional closure and clarification was added making this game the ideal choice for purchase if you haven't already. :)
  68. Jul 8, 2012
    played ME 3 as a first timer and couldn't get past the second to end stage. Bought ME 2 and plated through that twice and each time imported character into ME 3. Thoroughly enyoed all the challenges and gameplay. the game plays differently for each character played. however the end seems to remain the same. great game. really addictive. I shall play again as all the different types. justplayed ME 3 as a first timer and couldn't get past the second to end stage. Bought ME 2 and plated through that twice and each time imported character into ME 3. Thoroughly enyoed all the challenges and gameplay. the game plays differently for each character played. however the end seems to remain the same. great game. really addictive. I shall play again as all the different types. just wished the ending changed with the decisions made. Expand
  69. Dec 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All the choices you made in previous games, all the heartbreaking decisions, the entire Mass Effect lore got flushed down the drain with this disaster piece. Nothing you did in the trilogy mattered because in the end, it was all a story. Nothing really happened. Bioware not only betrayed their loyal fanbase, they spit in their face. Expand
  70. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is everything Mass Effect wasn't. No exploration, now you slowly scan a planet and hope the game will allow you to land on the thing. Combat difficulty is no longer determined by player skill, but enemies who have infinite ammo, immunity to player attacks and can kill the player in 3 hits regardless of level. The storyline seems contrived... The whole game seems to be aboutThis game is everything Mass Effect wasn't. No exploration, now you slowly scan a planet and hope the game will allow you to land on the thing. Combat difficulty is no longer determined by player skill, but enemies who have infinite ammo, immunity to player attacks and can kill the player in 3 hits regardless of level. The storyline seems contrived... The whole game seems to be about collecting resources and trying to bed down one of your teammates. Virgins will get a kick out of that. FPS fans will enjoy the fact that there are little to no RPG elements that require them to use more than .006% of their brains to play this game. RPG fans will dislike this game's lackluster character development system. Me? I hate this game.

That's right, I used the exact same review from Mass Effect 2. Why? Because if Bioware can't be bothered to improve the game in any way, then I can't be dithered to waste time pretending that I care enough about this abortion to write an all new review.
  71. Mar 6, 2012
    Maass Effect 3 is the best one in the series. The story is amazing and it gives a very immersive experience. By the way ignore the negative reviews they're just people who are complaining about dlc and will never get laid in life.
  72. Mar 6, 2012
    I've played all 3 Mass Effect
    This. Is a great game!
    The gameplay is a bit weird as the dialogue choices decreased. But I still love the gameplay!
    Moreover, the story!!
  73. Mar 11, 2012
    I've previously really enjoyed the mass effect series. Played the whole thing, taken the time in each game to explore every facet of the universe, explore each nook and cranny; and ultimately enjoy the ending i (felt) like i carved wth my character. ME3 let me into the mass effect universe again which i was happy about, it let me make differences, resolve rivalries and most importantlyI've previously really enjoyed the mass effect series. Played the whole thing, taken the time in each game to explore every facet of the universe, explore each nook and cranny; and ultimately enjoy the ending i (felt) like i carved wth my character. ME3 let me into the mass effect universe again which i was happy about, it let me make differences, resolve rivalries and most importantly form a connection with characters both new and old. Graphics were fine, there was some texture pop in, and characters randomly dissapearing but i accept that as just part of the course for a game of such scale. Sound and music were fine too, alot of recycled music and effects but hey they worked, they still do. Gameplay was fine, typical ME gameplay, i liked the alterations to the skill try that let you customize it abit more. Customizations for weapons could have been made abit more so that they actually made a noticeable difference rather than passive alterations. But overall no real complaints with gameplay, not groundbreaking, but a tried and tested formulae.

Story: this is where my problems lay. I like the idea of the reapers, the whole cyclic nature of the galaxy shepard lives in.. and even all the characters. I liked vega, even though he was a massive stereotype. I had nothing against that reporter wearing skin tight pvc, but i thought she was just a gimic and could have been implemented alot better. BUT what i didnt like was the ending... i spent the entire game making decisions that i felt mattered to be slapped in the face with that pile of rubbish. Normally i'm not one to really care, because hey.. its a game. But i spent a good portion of my life playing mass effect, and i feel abit screwed over by poor writing in the end! Its like buying a brand new car only to find out the air conditioning makes the car smell of fish, not soul destroying, but damn annoying. Everything boils down to an a'la deus ex:human revolution style ending, rendering everything you did previously useless. I just feel cheated by the designers that they sold (and i bought), massively marketed, pushed and succeeded in pushing something shoddy like this. I just fear its a sign of the times we live in when designers think its fine to end a story like this. Its not fine to create and sell something that ends like this.
  74. Mar 6, 2012
    The problem with Mass Effect 3 is that it stems too far from its roots. Mass Effect 1 was an rpg that took place is an incredible future that you wanted to explore for hours. Mass Effect 2 continued to do the same, albeit in a lesser way. The trade though gave us gameplay that far surpassed the first. Then comes Mass Effect 3. Forced homosexuality and transgender roles on the Normandy, aThe problem with Mass Effect 3 is that it stems too far from its roots. Mass Effect 1 was an rpg that took place is an incredible future that you wanted to explore for hours. Mass Effect 2 continued to do the same, albeit in a lesser way. The trade though gave us gameplay that far surpassed the first. Then comes Mass Effect 3. Forced homosexuality and transgender roles on the Normandy, a placid universe despite the fact that it is allegedly being torn apart, and then the most lackluster story of the entire trilogy. Many people will debate otherwise but the game has lost any flavor it once had. If you must play it rent it, but if you enjoyed 1 and 2 you might find it hard to enjoy 3. Expand
  75. Mar 7, 2012
    Excuse my french but are you people **** crazy? This game is simply outstanding! Sure your decisions don't have as much impact as the previous 2 titles, but this game is a masterpiece in its own right! Easily one of the best if not THE best games on the 360/PS3, it deserves nothing less then 10. All games have small imperfections, and apparently people cant see past that. I now hold muchExcuse my french but are you people **** crazy? This game is simply outstanding! Sure your decisions don't have as much impact as the previous 2 titles, but this game is a masterpiece in its own right! Easily one of the best if not THE best games on the 360/PS3, it deserves nothing less then 10. All games have small imperfections, and apparently people cant see past that. I now hold much less value in the opinion of the users. To anyone out there on the fence. BUY THIS GAME, you will not regret it. Expand
  76. Mar 6, 2012
    Guys this game is amazing! Why are you all complaining about the lack of interactivity? It's been toned down because there's no guarantee of a direct sequel unlike the last two had. So Bioware really has no reason to include many mutual decisions that wouldn't help create a definitive end, nor more random decisions because they won't have anything else to carry on with. And if you don'tGuys this game is amazing! Why are you all complaining about the lack of interactivity? It's been toned down because there's no guarantee of a direct sequel unlike the last two had. So Bioware really has no reason to include many mutual decisions that wouldn't help create a definitive end, nor more random decisions because they won't have anything else to carry on with. And if you don't like the ending, play it again, find one you like. It's Bioware's story to tell, they decide how this universe finishes. Expand
  77. Mar 6, 2012
    I bought the game at midnight and played it solid until about 10am, thats because the story and writting is just so damn good that I want to see what happens next. I haven't beaten it yet, and while I know alot of people have I am trying to enjoy it and do the side missions, and the fetch quests, and really take in the Final chapter of Commander Shepard and his crew. Point being this gameI bought the game at midnight and played it solid until about 10am, thats because the story and writting is just so damn good that I want to see what happens next. I haven't beaten it yet, and while I know alot of people have I am trying to enjoy it and do the side missions, and the fetch quests, and really take in the Final chapter of Commander Shepard and his crew. Point being this game is EXTREMELEY fun and takes care of the true fans and new comers alike. If you loved ME 1, 2, then you owe your self to see this through. Those that are bad mouthing this game seemed to be expecting a pure run and gun action game and nor a RPG. Once more, play this game and see what an amazing feeling it is to see choices you made in 2007 (ME 1), 2010 (ME 2) and now come to an Epic close. Have fun!!! Expand
  78. Mar 7, 2012
    My earlier review was removed... I don't know why, it contained no spoilers, profanities, hate speech, or anything that would violate Metacritics strict terms and conditions.

I am only guilty of giving this game a 10 out of 10. Because it is another excellent addition to BioWares already incredible franchise!
  79. Mar 8, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 delivers in all respects. This game is truly firing on all cylinders, gameplay, characterization, plotting, action, everything! I fail to understand all the negative ratings, that really seem to be more out of spite that the game didn't fit into what were there preconceived "notions" than actual reasonable criticisms of the game itself. Because, let's face it people, MassMass Effect 3 delivers in all respects. This game is truly firing on all cylinders, gameplay, characterization, plotting, action, everything! I fail to understand all the negative ratings, that really seem to be more out of spite that the game didn't fit into what were there preconceived "notions" than actual reasonable criticisms of the game itself. Because, let's face it people, Mass Effect 3 probably won't be topped again in 2012. Or 2013. Or 2014. Etc. Releasing dlc on the release date of the game is a money grab, but it doesn't make the game bad. The number of fallacies that contradicts is astounding. Expand
  80. Mar 12, 2012
    The new standard of decision-making and storytelling in games, Mass Effect 3 sets an example of a narrative which will make you consider your decisions thoroughly, or regret otherwise. The Clint Mansell composed music is emotional and the soundtrack pays homage to many sci-fi series of the past with its electronic touch - the presentation is also exquisitely refined with vastly improvedThe new standard of decision-making and storytelling in games, Mass Effect 3 sets an example of a narrative which will make you consider your decisions thoroughly, or regret otherwise. The Clint Mansell composed music is emotional and the soundtrack pays homage to many sci-fi series of the past with its electronic touch - the presentation is also exquisitely refined with vastly improved lighting and art design which far exceeds most games. That being said, besides an otherwise improved combat system, the enemies are quite dull and mainly runs towards you in a very outdated and unintelligent fashion. I also resent the idea of having to purchase the Day 1 DLC, especially in this case since it involves a major story arc which should have been part of the game in the first place - and I refuse to endorse the abuse of loyal fans who have become invested in the story thus far, and are being exploited monetarily in order to have complete narrative experience. To purposely leave out the answers to some of the most important questions in this otherwise wonderful sci-fi universe comes across as non-appreciation towards loyal fans, and I cannot with my principles intact overlook such an inconsiderate move upon giving a numerical score - in addition to the publisher's behavior towards Windows fans who were not able to buy the game for their Steam library along with previous installments and the rest of their collection, making the whole process very inconvenient for them as consumers. In regards to previous installments it is an improvement in certain aspects such as the leveling system, at the same time however, Mass Effect 3 also appears more dumbed down by introducing genre stereotypes such as characters who seem to have been put in place only to appeal to a more casual audience - instead of remaining true to the initial values of the series. To conclude, this is quite possibly one of my favorite sci-fi universes, and I cannot recommend the journey enough. Though towards the end of the ride I didn't truly feel like I was given complete closure, and the game wasn't quite the improvement Mass Effect 2 was either. All in all I don't think I'm alone in conveying my dislike for the way BioWare has decided to treat their loyal fans. I would still recommend the game to those who would like to see how it all ends, though I would add to that recommendation and advise to disregard the DLC, and perhaps buy the game at a later date - when it's much cheaper. Because otherwise publishers such as EA will continue to set a bad example by withholding important content for monetary gain in order to exploit gamers. Expand
  81. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First, I have to say that this a very entertaining game to play and I highly recommend it to Mass Effect fans. That said, there are a few issues with the game. Most of this review is **** about the stuff I would like changed, but it really is a great game. There are SPOILERS below.

I would have really appreciated having a Krogan squadmate. Not that big of a deal, but disappointing.

There are a lot fewer conversations choices in this game, specifically the Blue Paragon choices and Red Renegade choices. I did all side missions and spoke with everyone I could after every priority mission and I got maybe a dozen Blue/Red choices and freaking four of them were at the end. Several times your conversations with your squadmates is just said without any choices whatsoever. The whole Tali issue with not showing her face and getting a crappy stock photo really pisses me off. I was really hoping for a big pay off with getting the Geth and the Quarians to cease hostilities. When Tali takes off her mask for the first time on Rannoch, BAM! That is where we should have seen her face. But no.

The Endings (the three that I have seen) are all kind of lackluster and similar. I brokered peace with the Geth, why do I have to destroy all sentient life (including EDI) to destroy the Reapers? Why does the Normandy always crash land on some planet? What the hell were they running from? Why do the Mass Relays have to be destroyed? If you choose the middle Ending (Synthesis), why does Joker not go,"WTF? Why am I turning green?" Why does Shepherd flash back to Joker, Anderson, Liara, and no one else (especially if you didn't romance Liara)? Can we get some kind of epilogue that tells us what happened to all our people? Such a let down after a great series of games.
  82. Mar 8, 2012
    What can I say that hasn't already been said? The game is a masterpiece. It is flawless. It is the apex of artistic achievement. While it is true that nothing is perfect I think this comes as close as possible to perfection and thus the only possible score I can give it is a 10 since its minor imperfections would only take away mere decimals from its score.

Where to begin? The story, the

Where to begin? The story, the universe, established by this franchise is tremendous in its detail and scope. Its on par if not better than the likes of Star Wars and Star Trek in terms of its sheer size and detail. There is so much to do and so much to learn. Even more so now than in previous games. In terms of its conclusion to the tale of Shepard, there are no complaints whatsoever. Every loose end is tied up, every question is answered and there are absolutely no plot holes, regardless of your choices in the previous installments. And yet all of these choices do play some sort of role, leaving us to wonder just how meticulous and neurotic the writing team at Bioware must be. More power to them because such an intricate plot line which adapts to your every move really is a monumental achievement. The game play is another high point. Unlike most RPGs, the combat does not take a back seat in any way, only improving on the impressive precedent set by Mass Effect 2. It plays like a thrilling action game while maintaining its RPG focus. There are more powers to learn, more guns to find, an improved melee system, more challenging enemies to fight, and simply a lot more fun to be had. What more could you want? The characters and dialogue are another high point. Most major characters from the previous games will make some sort of appearance (assuming they survived) and it is a joy to see your favorites once again. There are a lot more options in regards to relationships which can be developed in new and interesting ways. The dialogue is often witty and sharp and at times quite heavy and intense. Some scenes will pull at your heartstrings with a surprising intensity, packing a serious emotional sucker punch. These are often a direct result of your choices, carrying even more weight as a result.

Perhaps the biggest change to the Mass Effect formula is the addition of multilayer. These matches are quite a bit of fun, keeping the strategic feel of the single player while integrating the thrill of the human factor. It is at times reminiscent of classic multilayer crowd pleasers such as Gears of War which is certainly a tremendous accomplishment. In the end, while the game does have a few technical kinks here and there, Mass Effect 3 is an unforgettable experience and monumental accomplishment in complex gameplay, captivating storytelling and smart dialogue as well as many other things. It truly is a fitting end to the epic saga of the legendary Commander Shepard.
  83. Mar 6, 2012
    Watching all these people come here and write these reviews about a game that has been out less than 10 hours. Writing as though they have even the slightest clue what they are talking about. The pure hatred coming from **** and other related places is just pathetic. This game is easily the best game released in the past few years, and I would say it in combination with ME and ME2 ratesWatching all these people come here and write these reviews about a game that has been out less than 10 hours. Writing as though they have even the slightest clue what they are talking about. The pure hatred coming from **** and other related places is just pathetic. This game is easily the best game released in the past few years, and I would say it in combination with ME and ME2 rates this trilogy the highest of any in my book. The Demo alone is considerably better than half the games that are rated higher from many of these people who are reviewing this game. Second is the fact that nearly every 0/10 review or 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, 4/10 are simply speaking about the download center. A fact that was widely announced has little bearing on the storyline. They are a side quest as many would call it. If you don't choose to do it, nothing will be missed in the grand scheme of things. People are going out of their way to find reasons to dislike the game simply because they do not agree with a DLC. I mean honestly, $5 bucks? How about you buy one less drink at the bar, or one less coffee in the morning, and 'Ta-da!', you've done it you can now afford to pay for this absurd complaint. Here's a hypothetical (is actually the truth in sheeps clothing):
    Those that say "It shouldn't be a DLC since the game was released at the same time as it." If I developed a game and got it ready to be distributed; spoke with distributors and find out it'll take roughly 3 months to get it out. So I need to hand them a finished product to be duplicated a billion times and packaged and sent out. ... Sooooo great, what do I do now with the 90 days until release? Oh! I know I'll start developing Downloadable content. 90 days passes:

Ok, so I have 30 different download packs, but I REALLY like this one that i've been working on, in fact, I am going to make it available now since it deserves to be seen.

Publics reaction:
    HOW DARE YOU CHARGE US FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME?!?!

The logic behind this outrage is almost entirely based on pure ignorance. I hate to say it like that but it's true, this game would otherwise be rated 100/100 if there wasn't so many protesting things that don't even matter. $5 bucks guys.... $5 bucks. I could wander the streets collecting cans and gather that much in an hour. As for the game: I mentioned before the gameplay is amazing, the combat is so fluid in combination with the newer moves available in ME3(diving, etc..) The multi player itself could be sold as an independent game, hell I spent 50 or so hours just on the demo. There are several styles to play, story / rpg / action so you can choose just how much storyline or action you want out of your gaming experience. Seriously, these guys thought of it all! I don't want to throw in any spoilers, so just go out and get the game, you won't be dissapointed.
  84. Mar 6, 2012
    People, don't listen to the trolls. Everyone who enjoed the first 2 ME will love this one. It's a perfect mix between both that focuses on smoother action gameplay and more customization. The dialouges, writing and overall story are top notch and definetely up there with some the greatest games.
  85. Mar 6, 2012
    This has been some ride, since Mass Effect first grabbed my attention. I have played through every bit of the first two games, and loved every minute. Now the final comes, and I feel equal parts excited and sad. Sad that it will have to end, but thrilled to get a chance to play it. And it does not disappoint. The emotion - always the strong point of Mass Effect - is brought to anotherThis has been some ride, since Mass Effect first grabbed my attention. I have played through every bit of the first two games, and loved every minute. Now the final comes, and I feel equal parts excited and sad. Sad that it will have to end, but thrilled to get a chance to play it. And it does not disappoint. The emotion - always the strong point of Mass Effect - is brought to another level. The characters that I have come to care so much about are even more fleshed out. And the goosebumps at certain points of the game...well, I won't spoil. Just get it. Expand
  86. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was absolutely great until the ending. It was a terrible ending to end an amazing series, but that doesn't mean the game deserves a bad rating. Although I agree about the day 1 DLC, they don't force you to buy it! I also disliked how none of my decisions made any difference in the end, sure the geth are now extinct, and if I had chosen to, so would the rachni, but it never really mattered for the ending. They only supplied more resources for building the Crucible. So anyone that complains that the game is crap, try and make a game that's better than it, and you'll probably be shot down, just like your trying to do to Bioware and Mass Effect 3. So the game is pretty good until the ending, so don't let all the negative reviews stop you from buying the game. Expand
  87. Mar 13, 2012
    While Mass Effect 3 has been on the end of some, lets face it, pathetic criticism lets get one thing straight; Mass Effect, as a series, has never been more than a stellar plot with solid, but not exemplary, game mechanics pushing it along. I understand a LOT of people will be frustrated with Mass Effect 3 an its shoddy delivery but lets grow up a bit shall we? As I said the gameplay asWhile Mass Effect 3 has been on the end of some, lets face it, pathetic criticism lets get one thing straight; Mass Effect, as a series, has never been more than a stellar plot with solid, but not exemplary, game mechanics pushing it along. I understand a LOT of people will be frustrated with Mass Effect 3 an its shoddy delivery but lets grow up a bit shall we? As I said the gameplay as always been basic and functional at best, and Mass Effect 3 deliveries the best game play experience of the trilogy. Its still not brilliant, but it is better. Plot wise I will agree that the ended is quite ham fisted, and liberties have been taken with continuity for the sake of accessibility. Making it the weakest of the series from a story telling perspective. So Bioware have got it nearly half right, and as a result have created a half decent and dreadfully over hyped game. Wait for a price drop, or rent if you must. Expand
  88. Mar 12, 2012
    Mass effect 3 is awesome and dont let any of these trolls tell you differently. emotionally engaging and technically excellent, you wont find another experience like it. one of the best games of all time
  89. Mar 14, 2012
    Like many of the people here, I've been a fan of the series since day one. I fell in love with the awesome storyline, the vast amount of decisions and the immense depth in the characters. When I heard that you can import your character to Mass Effect 2 and 3 I nearly climaxed.

But about the third installment, I loved nearly the entirety of it. I don't find the "3 shots to a weak spot to kill a reaper" thingy at all distubing. The codex (read it, 0 voters?) said that there are different classes of reapers, and the one on Rannoch was obviously a lesser one. I don't get all this "dead squad members coming back to life" - hassle. In my first game (I was young and foolish) Wrex died, and remained dead in the third. Clearly some players experience bugs, corrupted savegames or just a deep hatred for everything EA that they have to complain about everything.

The reason I give this game a 7, and not the 9 it would deserve is for the ending. Seriously, Bioware?
    I loved the feeling of the whole galaxy having one common enemy, and everything in me longed for the moment we blow the reapers sky high, only to learn that in the end the reapers weren't necessarily evil.
    Why, oh why Bioware did you have to confuse the player at the very last moments?

The ending was a steaming pile of excrement. Not at all "a worthy conclusion to Shepard's tale" as some claim. A cheap Deus Ex ripoff, without any information on what happened to the crew you spent HOURS AND HOURS to get to know.

Oh btw, the whole thing with the multiplayer required to get the perfect ending?? What went wrong with you, Bioware...
  90. Apr 5, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the culmination of all your adventures as Commander Shepard. Unfortunately, Bioware screwed the pooch with the worst ending to anything ever. All your choice in the first two games? Irrelevant!

Did you want to feel a sense of triumph? Too bad, you get to choose between lime, blueberry and cherry flavors. On top of it all, the hacks at Bioware defend this steaming

On top of it all, the hacks at Bioware defend this steaming pile with claims of "artistic integrity". EA (the worst company in america!) lets its PR dogs out, to get companies to call gamers entitled. The only positive to come out of the fiasco of this game is the farce of gaming "journalism" has been exposed

Multiplayer is designed to frustrate you into spending money, unlike other games where you choose your unlocks, or are rewarded for play style , you're at the mercy of a random number generator here. And when you really think about it, since nothing in SP matters, MP doesn't matter either

Never has being a gamer been more detestable
  91. Mar 6, 2012
    Honestly, everybody loves this game so they're playing it. it's only the haters here. The game is fantastic, one of the best games this generation without a doubt
  92. Mar 6, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an incredible game and ends the trilogy successfully. The gameplay and graphics are top notch, but as expected the storytelling is where the game truly shines. Bioware manages to keep improving the series right until the end and should be commended for it. Buy copies for yourself, your friends and all their friends as you won't be disappointed.
  93. Mar 6, 2012
    This is one of gaming's greatest achievements so far. Bioware have created a masterpiece. It's unbelieveable how people can give this a 0 because of gay romances and day 1 DLC. I bet none you have actually played the game
  94. Mar 6, 2012
    I honestly can't see why anyone would negatively review this game. Yes the game has day one DLC, stop crying. If the DLC had been held for a month no one would have cared. This game is irrefutably amazing so stop giving it a bad score because it deserves every ounce of the 94 critics have given it.

This game is a satisfying end to one of the greatest sci-fi universes of all time. Single player is smooth and game play is very fun, however the story is where Mass Effect shines through. The game knows how to keep you interested when you may be tired of the game play. I was also very impressed by the quality of the multiplayer. It may not be as good as Gears or Nazi Zombies but for a game that has always been devoted to singleplayer they pulled off an amazing transition to coop multiplayer. In summary, ignore the haters, buy the game. Don't miss out on one of the greatest games of this generation just because some people are stupid.
  95. Mar 6, 2012
    Truly an amazing conclusion to one of the best trilogies of my generation. This series has been compared to star trek and star wars, and with good reason. This is truly a game for the history books! Its has proven that games can have a story on par with movies books and even the sci-fi classics! This game is a must buy for anyone, new to the series or not!
  96. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware retrurns to the stage to provide a magnificent end to an epic series!

Mass Effect 3 provides beautiful scenery, invigorating combat, heart wrenching stories and an all around immersive experience. Bioware has once again proven that they are one of the greatest developers around! Check out Mass Effect 3 available on EA Origin alongside other great hits such as: Battlefield 3, The
    Bioware retrurns to the stage to provide a magnificent end to an epic series!

Check out Mass Effect 3 available on EA Origin alongside other great hits such as: Battlefield 3, The Sims 3, annd Star Wars - The Old Republic!
  97. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware has done it again folks. The conclusion to one of the greatest stories ever told is here and it does not disappoint. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you care and it will make you think. No game that I know can meet its match. In the end, you cant really put a score on a game like this. Sure, there maybe technical hiccups here and there, but itsBioware has done it again folks. The conclusion to one of the greatest stories ever told is here and it does not disappoint. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you care and it will make you think. No game that I know can meet its match. In the end, you cant really put a score on a game like this. Sure, there maybe technical hiccups here and there, but its Bioware's ability to make you forget these problems even exist and fully put you in a world where everything is at stake. Id go further in depth but I don't really feel that I need to. The game says everything that needs to be said. Expand
  98. Mar 23, 2012
    When I first started playing this game I hated it, it felt to me like Bioware had sold out in order to make more people com to the series so they could make the most money, I thought this because Shepard did most of the talking and you only had one or two chances to choose a response, but that was just the opening moments and after the first hour or two you begin to realize that this isWhen I first started playing this game I hated it, it felt to me like Bioware had sold out in order to make more people com to the series so they could make the most money, I thought this because Shepard did most of the talking and you only had one or two chances to choose a response, but that was just the opening moments and after the first hour or two you begin to realize that this is still your story, your choices matter, and this is one of the greatest games of all time, it's true Shepard will do a lot of the talking, but you'll still get to make the big decisions in the conversation that define you as the main character, they just get the small talk out of the way so you can make the real decisions, and while I don't want to see that happening anymore in future Bioware games it just works for some reason here, and speaking of decisions you have some extremely tough ones to make, every choice you make truly effects the galaxy, and it kept me more emotionally invested in it than any other game ever has, and every choice you made in the first two Mass Effect games including the DLC come back here to either help or haunt you, and that truly makes the fact that this is your story all the more believable, and the relationships you've made through the first two games affect this one in such an emotional and powerful ways I can't help but love this, you'll find yourself falling in love with the characters all over again, and you'll also love the new characters just as much, another thing that puts this game above every other is the fact that this game captures the feeling of all out galactic warfare like no other game has, the battles are intense and truly give you the feeling of fighting in a war, and every decision you make carries wait and affects the war like no other game has, the combat is tight but not the tightest, basically it's no Gears of War in the combat, I'd even say that combat was smoother in Mass Effect 2, but it's far better then the first Mass Effect, and it is still addicting and fun to kill enemies, and the ending, while most people are complaining about it, I personally liked mine, granted I would have rather walked of happily with Tali off into the sunset and lived happily ever after with my friends, but it's still emotional and leaves a lot open for other games in this series, and hopefully more DLC and sequels (bring Shepard back please!), and the ending and the scene after the credits just brought a lot of question I need answered, it also has some fantastic multiplayer (similar to Gears of War's horde mode) that ties in well to the campaign, it does have some issues like one or two plot holes, glitches, it's not going top please newcomers all that much, and one or two other issues, but after playing this emotional masterpiece I can't help but give it a 10 out of 10, and when I think about this game and how it does things that no other game has ever done and I doubt ever will the issues mean nothing, this is truly a masterpiece and I'm just going to come out and say it the greatest game I've ever played, oh yeah and this is also the best looking game I've ever seen, it has some of the craziest moments and awesome set pieces that put the Call of Duty series to shame, and the voice acing is phenomenal, a true masterpiece and one of, if not the greatest game/games of all time, and a must play for fans. Expand
  99. Mar 7, 2012
    This is an awesome game. I can't believe the amount of trolls that are hammering it. Seems that many good games these days get poor user reviews and awesome critic reviews. Anyway... I love this game. I fitting end to an excellent series.
  100. Mar 8, 2012
    You simply can't please everyone with a game as anticipated as this, it is the end of a very deep trilogy, and it simply can't make the mark. Everyone expected something different. This game has flaws in it's story, but as a game it is good.

To summarize, the story is good, if not somewhat linear. However this may come out of necessity to finish the story. While plot holes are noticeable and some pieces donâ
  101. Mar 12, 2012
    Played the game twice already, it's great. Dialogs, combat, graphics, sound, and, first of all, FUN factor - are all to notch. Only couple downsides for me:
    1. Game's TOO SHORT! took me 27 hours and 12 saves to complete , and I was doing side missions. If you count cut-scenes, it makes action too short. 2. Soundtrack is BAD. In comparison to ME 1 (or even ME 2) it plain sucks. I guess they hired Clint Mansell for his name (he's composer for Requiem for a Dream, Pi, Black Swan etc), but apparently has no idea how to make music for sci-fi video game. So game suffers from extensive use of simple arrangements and primitive harmonies. Some cut-scenes with music look like taken from soap opera, no wonder people reviewing them with anger (but it's because BAD MUSIC!)

1. May 12, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an emotional rollercoaster ride with lots of tension and moving moments. The threat of the Reapers make every decision a hard one and your relationship with other characters will be tested. This, in combination with tight gameplay, makes this the complete experience.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    As a bombastic action-RPG with no previous context, Mass Effect 3 is a dark, engaging game with great combat, a well-written story, and all the epic space-opera you could want. But for those who have played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, it's something much more.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    The storytelling itself, the more refined combat, the voicework, the visuals, et all, stand as a fine example of some of the best this industry has to offer, and with my minor complaints aside, there's no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will be deservedly at the top of everyone's list come this year's award season.