5.7

1. Jul 23, 2014
    i really like the game though i recognize its faults. my main complaint would the lack of different body types for Sheppard and the hands looking far older then they should with these characters. i also thin the should have been at least 12 companions in the game it would have added more variation. the lack of a solid sentinel can be an issue for some builds. the ending isn't great but i was fine with it before the extended cut. i think the extended cut adds more context to the ending which is nice. so overall it was a good solid game but not a great one. Expand
  2. Jul 17, 2014
    No point of a long review, just play the whole trilogy and you'll love it. The ending isn't as bad as they say it is (watch the indoctrination theory after finishing).
  3. Jul 16, 2014
    The "Mass Effect" series is the greatest trilogy of games in history, and the best games ever for the Xbox 360. The last entry, "Mass Effect 3", is the best of the three and a must play. Keep in mind that a majority of negative reviews are tied to the games ending, which only disappoints with respect to the series as a whole.

"Mass Effect 3" shines in its convergence of story with
    gameplay. Some of the sequences are a little too "Call of Duty", with the cover mechanic too often negated by the liberal use of grenades on the enemy side. The shooting gameplay feels lazily developed and rather trite except the hero side has liberal use of technological powers, including the ability to use element zero to make black holes. The nicely balanced gameplay of shooting and power use makes for a fresh and exciting tactical shooter.

The second pillar of the gameplay is the conversation. This is the players real chance to alter the storyline. Imagine how much more fun you could have in "Call of Duty" if you could talk the characters into avoiding the next explosion that blurs your vision and rings your ears. The character loyalty missions are back from "Mass Effect 2", but here they are bigger and necessary to win the war. "Mass Effect 2" was fun, and self parodying, but "Mass Effect 3" is the grown up version, where Shepard doesn't go on missions just to get laid.
  4. Jul 11, 2014
    If you haven't played this already stop reading and do so. NOW! Ignore the **** that gave it a 'zero'. The ending may not be what was promised but is generally satisfying and the journey to get there is epic. Do yourself a favor and conclude the best trilogy in video games. NOW!!!!
  5. Jul 6, 2014
    People complain about this game far too much, since they updated the ending this game has become a full fledged conclusion to the trilogy instead of the retarded third child it once was. the game play from 2 to 3 was much improved and the online multi-player was non-stop fun (provided you will need to have at least 1-2 friends in your life to enjoy it) Best game of the series by far. If you don't believe go drive in a goddamn Mako for a few hours then return.

Don't believe the Haters!
  6. Jun 27, 2014
    All aspects of the game are improvements from the previous 2 games. Combat is as rewarding as some of the other traditional shooters. The stories strength lies in it's subtlety, which allows the gamer to truly personalize the game. I felt the ending to be inspiring because it was open ended enough to allow me to fill in the blanks and place my own personal motivations and beliefs into the story. It is sad the game caught such a bad rap for the ending. It actually effected my perception of the game when i initially played it. Now that I've come back to playing it, I appreciate it more for what it is. An amazing achievement in storytelling, game play and taking chances with an audience even if they aren't ready to be challenged. Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2014
    One of the best series I've played, and its Epic last game. (of the trilogy) basically for this review im gonna add the things it does well and the things it does bad. if you want anything about gameplay, check out my Mass Effect 2 review. Pros: - Amazing Backgrounds during battle. - Reapers feel real, and a like a real threat - more customization - great last two missions - a bit inspirational.

Cons:
    - That Ending lol.
    - Too much like 2 in terms of gameplay.
    - Some returning characters, you cant interact with them as much as you wish. Why cant i convince Miranda to join my crew again? etc.
  8. Jun 3, 2014
    It's sad how people can give this game SUCH negative ratings. I mean, if you truly are a Mass Effect fan you can't do anything but love this game, even though the ending wasn't as expected. It looks great, the story is so tense all the time, but at the same time you can chillout. It still felt like I made strong bonds with characters, like in Mass Effect 2, which is always a plus for me.

This is still a 10 for me, cause everything was still so well done. Cried my eyes out several times. Get real, people.
  9. May 27, 2014
    This game RUINED 3 games, time invested into the choices of my characters, my xbox 360 and entire videogame console experience. I will for now stick to playing MMO's.
  10. May 6, 2014
    I think it is selfish to give the game a 3 or 4 because some people thought the ending was not satisfying. The rest of the game was fantastic, and everything was improved upon from ME2. Better combat and better story. I loved the ending by the way, it wraps up the trilogy well, and I was satisfied with it. I see all of these people saying they were fans of the trilogy, but gave it a 2 for the ending. The ending was maybe 2% of the entire game, the other 98% was the same Mass Effect we all know and love. Perfect end Bioware, I am thankful to have spent my time upon the Normandy. Expand
  11. May 3, 2014
    An improvement from Mass Effect 2 in many ways. However I can't help shake the feeling that many of the plot-points should have been over and done with by this point; the result is a story which is inherently better than Mass Effect 2, yet feels bloated having little room to breathe. Regardless this is as epic as games can get and -- despite an ending which could have been handled a little better -- it really isn't too difficult to see why this trilogy defined a gaming generation. Expand
  12. Apr 15, 2014
    Is the ending disappointing? Yes, very much so. Does that alone make this game awful as a whole? Absolutely not. The characters are all still just as likeable, the dialogue is top-notch, the graphics are both gorgeous and fitting, and the majority of the plot is incredibly intense and riveting, not to mention the gameplay (mainly gunfights) remaining fun, accessible, and dare-I-say, perhaps even a bit more challenging than before, with the inclusion of many new difficult and powerful enemies.

Overall, this is still an excellent game, but the ending (even with the free DLC) does hinder it a bit. I can certainly see why people were so mind-numbingly upset before the DLC came out, as the original ending has an extreme lack of details. I'd still recommend it to fans and anyone who likes RPG's and/or shooters, but BE SURE to download the DLC Ending, as I feel that's part of the reason I wasn't as furious as many others.
  13. Apr 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not going to be like alot of people and sugar coat anything. I rated this game fairly low compared to the first two in the series for multiple reasons which will be described here. The game plays just like Mass Effect 2 with an upgraded melee system which isn't a bad thing. Second thing, which is why I didn't rate the game entirely horrid, is the level system changes. Instead of straight skills you no have more choices in how your skills level, if they inflict higher damage or last longer or even have a larger radius. Now on to the part I'm sure most have heard by now but if like me was still hopeful was wrong. Apparently there are multiple endings to the game, but from what I've seen NOTHING you've done in the game or previous others makes a difference, aside from finishing the crucible. At the end of the game no matter how big of a galactic fleet you've acquired, who you have on your side, the side quests you've finished, who lived in part 1 and 2, you're put with 2 choices(from what I've heard pre update was 3) the choices are destroy ALL mechancal life including yourself, or kill yourself and take control of the reapers. Yes in the previous two games the choices are kind of an illusion, that don't have a direct impact, but in this game the choices have no impact. I don't mind them killing off you're character, ending the series, just so they can't pull a Halo, but it would have been nice to have a game where you can win with a third choice of killing the reapers using your own fleet, since apparently all the reapers moved to earth. The second choice for the ending of taking over the reapers is a mind rape to me because apparently you become the Catalyst which was you're objective to find the entire game, and in doing so remain sentient on The Citadel, yet no one can speak to you or know you're there after that. The issue here is that the original Catalyst, the creator of the reapers, is speaking to you, giving you your two choices. So it telling me that I become it yet can't communicate like it does was a huge let down. Aside from this there are several other major things that could have been an ending to the game that would have worked, part 2 and 3 never happened I'll list them here... The first is part 2 and 3 never happened, at the end of part 3 you awaken after being saved from dying in space from the Collector attack on the normandy in part 2. Second is similar but instead of part 2 also being a dream only part 3 is and you awake in a reaper controlled facility and part 3 is an attempt to Indoctrinate Shephard. Third is this game is a dream that you're having while the Alliance tries to figure out how Cerebus rebuilt you in part two.

All this being said, Bioware really dropped the ball with this game, which honestly seems to have become a forte of the company with their games, see Dragon Age origins, and dragon age 2.
  14. Apr 7, 2014
    GOOD: Great story(obviously, it's BioWare); Awesome and funny characters and the game did a great job of making me care about them; Fixed the terrible ending and 2 things you'll notice after seeing the new ending: first, most of the choices you made in the past games and this game actually matter and second, it shows how BioWare cares about their fans by making a new ending that the fans deserved; All of the notable characters in the past games at least make a cameo; improved and faster combat system; No more class restrictions on weapons; New romance options; New and better weapons; New weapon customization; Added new powers to use and all are good; New Gears Of War type of melee animations; New stuff to buy at shops; New and improved leveling system(like a combination of the leveling systems of the first 2 games); Your ship is larger; Reapers have been added to the galaxy map; Throughout the game, you'll gain war assets which will help the final mission; Awesome boss battle with a Reaper on Rannoch; 35-40 hours campaign; Tons of replay ability with multiple classes and being good or bad(just like the past 2 games); Surprisingly fun multiplayer with playing as different races and teamwork is important(level capped at 20); Free multiplayer DLCs with new races, upgrades, weapons, enemies, and maps

BAD: The original ending got me pissed off(thankfully they changed it); The Prothean was on a day one DLC(bullcrap because that is one of the most important characters of the entire series); There is no final boss battle; No space combat(even though there are cutscenes of your ship in the middle of huge space battles); Can't use the Hammerhead vehicle which was the best in the series; Character customization is still not that good

FINAL VERDICT: This game is amazing with a ton of improvements, it does have problems but the game itself is great. I was going to give this game a 9/10, but BioWare actually care about their fans to make a new ending which is why it will end up as a 10/10. If you are an action game fan or an RPG fan, you must own this game forever. In my opinion, it is the best game of 2012!
  15. Mar 13, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. it is completely story driven with great character development and epic gameplay. It is also the only game I think I have ever released emotional feelings about as the story and the dire situations kept me engaged at all times. I honestly believe this is the best game I have ever played. as It was more compelling and engaging than any other game I had ever played. I recommend this for any sci-fi fan. but to actually get the absolute true experience they must play the first 2 games. and perhaps they will get the same feeling I had when I completed this one. The people at bioware know what they are doing and I'm extremely excited for Mass effect 4. Expand
  16. Mar 13, 2014
    I won't go into detail, but I have to say this: the ending of Mass Effect 3 is easily the lowest point in the trilogy. The Extended Cut DLC makes it better (I recommend you download and install that before playing), but even then it's still a low point. Other than that, it stands up to the high bar that the previous two games set. However, just like with Mass Effect 2, I recommend that you play through ME1, transfer your save to ME2, then transfer your ME2 save to ME3. It just makes the game that little bit better. The Mass Effect trilogy is an absolute must play. Expand
  17. Mar 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, let me say that Mass Effect fans are among the worst in gaming. Not all, but the sheer number of entitled malcontents that are part of the fan base is surprising.

Anyway, the is probably my favourite game in what any honest ME fan would admit is a flawed series. ME1 had flaws. ME2 had flaws. And yes, ME3 has flaws as well.

Still though, with its flaws (the main one being its ending), it is in my opinion the best in the series. It surpasses the previous games in combat (mostly), it has the best level design and AI is unsurpassed by any in the series. Visually, it is the best as well. Art wise, it is ahead of ME1 and completely spanks ME2. Technically, it stomps the first game and beats the second (though not in all areas).

The story was mostly glorious before the last few minutes. I agree that one or two scenes were a bit manipulative but generally when the game made me feel, it did so skilfully. And feel I did. I won't go into details but the experience was epic.

One of the statements that baffles me the most is how people can claim the game was rushed and not do so for the incredibly rough first game. Mass Effect 2 was probably most consistent game in the series in terms of levels of polish (though not perfect) but Mass Effect 3 is not far behind. I mean, Shepard's last adventure is a gloriously confident affair. Beautiful designs everywhere from the levels to the characters to the weapons and armour. It is freaking gorgeous. The cinematic storytelling is incredible: a landmark for the series and Bioware. The character performances, while lacking some of the subtlety of those in ME1, is better overall. The characters themselves, while not as detailed as the cast of the first game, make up for it in sheer likeability/charisma (except for Kaiden who is still sucky).

It has some flaws.

Those meaningless little planet scanning missions are kind of tedious. Fewer missions that were more substantial would have been better that the deluge of crap we got around the middle of the game.

The whole EMS thing was not fully realized. I like the idea of a war room scenario where you monitor various assets but it was badly implemented. The tie in to the ending choices was unnecessary.

While I will say that the levels are the best in the series, some of the missions aren't fun (or at least aren't fun to replay). It might be a level design thing partly but mostly I think that scenario's for some of these missions while sensible might be best summarized. This is not nearly as bad as the loathing I feel for any mission level in ME1 outside of the Citadel but it could be better. ME2's missions are generally fun to play and replay (though some might rightly call the levels Gear of Wars-ey).

And now the big one. The ending. Ah. The moments leading up to it were great. From the assault on London, to the final goodbyes, to the excellent confrontation with the Illusive Man on the ruined Citadel. It was all fantastic. By the time I hear Hackett's voice, tinged with uncertainty regarding the Crucible's explicable inertness I am already so wrapped in the game, that all claims about the games awful ending seem rather unlikely.

Unlikely, but true. The ending sucks. I can't really remember much of the conversation that takes place but it was definitely a downer and on some level I recognize that it has done some damage to the universe. Not because of inconsistencies with the rest of the series (those mostly only affect the released games) but because of how it cast it's shadow on the future games games due to the dramatic changes it makes to the universe. They could be good changes but they need to be treated skilfully and with imagination (especially in the case of the 'synthesis' option). In any case, it is going to be a different Mass Effect from the one we know (potential very much so depending which choices become canon). Like if Star Trek effectively became BSG or some other similarly excessive change.

Outside of the massively disappointing ending and those other minor quibbles the game is a class act and the best in the series, as far as I am concerned.
  18. Jan 15, 2014
    Look, the main reason people hate this game is because of the ending, and... yeah, it sucks. I can sum it up without even spoiling it: red, blue, or green. Then there was the Day 1 DLC with Javik, the complete failure to get Talimancers like me to shut up with Tali's lazily photoshopped face, and the watering down of the third to make it a 3rd person futuristic Call of Duty game.

But...
    I still loved this game. So much awesome... even if the action is overdone, it's still awesome. Game Play; fantastic. Soundtrack; fantastic. Characters; fantastic. Story; fantastic... until those last ten minutes, of course. This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but this is fantastic. Expand
  19. Jan 3, 2014
    Overall I enjoyed this game and the prior series. I've played it multiple times as a new game and importing a previously played character from ME1, ME2, and ME3, and as a male and female, and that had full Paragon and Renegade so I got my moneys worth out of it.
    What I found disappointing is that not all of the choices I made in ME1 and ME2 affected my ME3 character. For example: I know
    I destroyed the Collector base, but in my imported game it said I saved it, and the illusive man even mentions it in conversation that I saved it, but I know I destroyed it.
    I also didn't like they way they changed the look of Ashley! She looks like Miranda.
    I didn't have a problem with the graphics or sound. I think they were good. I don't recall if there was music, but if so I usually turn off the music in my games so I can't comment on it.
    I bought and downloaded the weapons packages only to find out that in some of the missions you get better ones, like rescuing the student on the space station (where Jack is teaching, if you saved Jack) so that DLC was a waste of money.
    The searching for minerals was rather tedious, but better then ME1's way of collecting them.
    And the other DLC missions should have been part of the game or at least free to download/add on.
    I'm really torn between giving this game a 7 or 8. I'd like to give the game a 7.5. Maybe I'm cheap, but I'm going to give a 7 just because the DLC weapons, additional uniform, and mission should have been part of the game or available for download.
  20. Jan 2, 2014
    This is an amazing game. The immersive single-player actually includes characters you feel something for, and the choices you make impact the game heavily. The best thing id say about this game is the customization of powers and weapons. The ending is good, the only problem with it is its 3 different endings that actually end up with all the same outcome. The game might as well have said "what colour would you like the destruction of the universe to be?" After 3 great games, it ends with shephard dying for his galaxy, even though he didnt really need to die? Oh well, lets see what mass effect 4 has in store for us. Expand
  21. Dec 27, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 has one of the best written stories i have seen in a game. It is an epic and interesting story throughout and has very good dialog. The game play is good and it keeps things interesting. You can level up different powers depending on which one you like best. All in all, it is one of the best games i have played and probably THE best.
  22. Dec 17, 2013
    MASS EFFECT 3 is an excellent game with a top notch story, gameplay and the presentation is phenomenal. Bioware couldn't have ended the Sheppard trilogy any better. Throughout its 12 hour campaign i never got bored and just wanted more, the game is vast and you will have a lot of locations and planets to visit before the finale on earth and the ending is spectacular but not to everyone's tastes, which i understand. Its a (A,B,C) ending with very little differences but it was well written, even with the extended cut version there were still plot holes which need explaining big time Expand
  23. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics are starting to look a little out dated but there are moments where they look amazing. Mostly when there’s blue lighting. 9.0.
    Sound: Professional Bioware voice acting as you know it, themes were great. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay feels a little more casual than usual, although it is very similar to Mass Effect 2 (at least for my character). RPG elements are
    similar, but the game doesn’t need any tweaks, it seems just fine. The problem with the gameplay is that it gets way to repetitive, and I went ahead and did every mission available. It feels like a chore at times, and some moments that are meant to be scripted events, look only decent. In my opinion they should have left the scripted events to the professionals at Naughty Dog, but there are still okay moments, but nothing that will drop you out of your seat. Mass Effect 2 was better in almost every way. The way the game builds relationships is a lot more strict than in the previous game. Still with some of those cons, Mass Effect 3’s gameplay is still a must play, especially those like myself who transferred their saves since the first title. 8.5.
    Story: The story was a pretty good story, and near the ending it did get ridiculous but it was still okay. I didn’t really understand all the outrage just because of the ending, it was still a proper way to end a trilogy assuming that was Biowares goal. 8.0.
    Lasting Appeal: The game is still worth the buy, I clocked almost 30hours, doing everything. 10.
    Overall Score: 9.1 out of 10.
  24. Nov 12, 2013
    This is definitely one of the best games i have ever played, and personally one of my favorites of all time. The story and characters are above average in fact they are the best i have ever seen in any game to date. There is so much emotion in the dialogue, the action is intense, well presented, and cinematic. The choices your character makes are more impact full. There is one instance in the game i won't spoil for anyone but it involves the Geth, and Tali, and one of the choices made me feel so much emotion i almost cried. Fortunately i ran into very little glitches. My personal favorite character from this game other than commander Shepard is The Illusive Man voice by Martin Sheen, he is well voiced, and character is well written. Now the only other problem with the game that i found was there were less companions, but each were interesting so that didn't bother me that much. For the people who say the ending ruined the game it didn't yes the original ending did not solve much it was just inconclusive but did not ruin the whole game. The ending did not interfere with my experience because overall the writing was extremely strong. There is a massive amount of content in this game. It took me Thirty plus hours. Overall i give this game a Ten, and it does not mean that the game is perfect it just means the pros far outweigh the cons. Expand
  25. Oct 9, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 is the epic conclusion of one of the most ambitious, memorable, amazing stories in modern media. The lore is rich, but relatable and accessible. In this, the 3rd installment of the trilogy, Commander Shepard (the protagonist) is tasked with confronting a massive threat to the galaxy while being tasked with forging tenuous alliances with other races that aren't on the best terms with each other.

Compared to earlier Mass Effect games, the combat has been refined. The controls feel responsive and crisp. I no longer felt as though Shepard was dragging a piano behind him as in previous games. You're also able to roll, which makes a huge difference in this game given the faster paced combat and more intelligent AI (e.g. they will flank you and bust you out of cover). In addition, power combos have been enhanced. To me, it's one of the things I love most about the game play. You have the ability to inflict more damage by hitting an enemy with a particular power (e.g. telekinetic/mystic, tech-based and grenadier for the uninitiated) and then following up with another special power that creates an effect that adds more damage and potentially causes collateral damage to nearby enemies.

In addition, I really enjoyed seeing how the story arch does take into consideration your choices from the previous installments. While some of these past choices only affect minor aesthetic aspects of the experience (e.g. you see some generic character in a particular role than a character from Mass Effect "one"), others have implications that extend to the epilogue (e.g. the fate of a particular race). Be warned, if you've grown to care about any character from these games, then you will cry. Often. Most of these tears can be attributed to direct shots to your heart via non-exploitative nostalgia and very touching/tender moments.

The music score in this game is epic. Clint Mansell (frmly Pop Will Eat Itself, Trent Reznor buddy, Grammy nominated composer of the score from "Black Swan") lends his talents and provides some of the most heart swelling pieces I've ever heard. Not to mention the amazing talents of Sam Hulick. I cannot tell you the number of times I've listened to the main soundtrack....

As for the technical aspects: Great graphics and sound. Yes, there are the occasional texture pop-in issues (which can be minimized by installing the game) and the odd glitches that range from peculiar to downright unnerving. There's one glitch that I consistently encounter in the game with every play thru that played a role in me scoring the game a 9 versus 10. It's not game breaking, but more immersion breaking. It doesn't last long, but it will haunt your dreams...

Overall, the critical/story advancing missions where fun and fast paced; however, I wish there were more opportunities to explore as opposed to being compelled to push forward. While in retrospect, I've regarded the Mako-based missions from the first game to be a bit tedious; having played through it again I have to admit that I kind of miss them and the sense of scale that being able to explore a sandbox brought to the experience. However, one has to weigh that against the overall sense of urgency that the game creates, both inherent to the plot and with nice little music tricks (e.g., more frantic movements in the music which gets your heart racing).

Side quests for the most part, are relegated to "Fly here, scan this planet, collect item, bring back to someone in the Citadel". This was a truly missed opportunity to have more fleshed out missions and combat. Also, War Assets, gained by completing missions and helping other races' militaries/leadership, are a pretty neat way of ensuring people complete as many side quests as possible to get the "best ending"; the threshold for getting the "best ending" is easily attained. This is especially true if you play the fantastic, though simplistic multiplayer, and if you play any of the DLC.

While speaking in superlatives about this franchise has become esoteric controversy w/in the more ardent rank and file within the Mass Effect fanbase, ironically, these words are the best way I can express my opinion of this game and the franchise overall. Despite some of its short comings, I was more than satisfied with the experience, from beginning to end and I highly recommend it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you have the Extended Cut downloaded. It makes a huge difference in the ending of the game so I would say it is essential.and it's free. Furthermore, though not essential, I recommend that "From Ashes", "Leviathan" and "The Citadel" DLCs be purchased. These are fantastic pieces of add-on content for those who can't get enough of the lore and character interactions. Omega is an ok piece of DLC, but it feels more like an option than any other DLC in the franchise.
  26. Sep 20, 2013
    This game is the best possible way the Mass Effect Trilogy could have ended. Although the characters and story are so nuanced that it takes a player with a real attention to detail to get the full experience, this game has very few shortcomings. At the outset, ME3 impresses with solid mechanics, great visuals, and carefully executed dialogue. This really is the best combination of shooter and RPG that I have ever seen. The game takes great care to make your character feel like yours, moreso even than games like Skyrim or Oblivion. When played to the extent to which it was intended, Mass Effect 3 offers deep sentimental attachments to a multitude of characters, as well as a story that, although slightly predictable, is so involved that it is rendered unforgettable. Expand
  27. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes the endings were dissapointing, but they came out with a DLC for it. The Reapers are extremely intimidating and cool. Their sheer power makes you realize just how much the galaxy depends on every choice you make. Its the best game in the series, dont let a lackluster ending discorage you. Alot of people expected more for an ending to such an epic series like this, but no game is perfect, just because the ending was bad doesn't mean the whole game is horrible. Anyway, the graphics are great, but the facial motions are very off at times. It has much more humor thanks to EDI and Joker cooperating and joking among eachother and everyone else. To enjoy the game to it's fullest, play the first 2 then play this one, an imported save will greatly increase your enjoment of this wonderful game. The characters are still amazing and we even get some new characters to bond with. This game is just, wow! Just dont play it on Soldier mode, its horrid. Expand
  28. Aug 30, 2013
    All the stops have been pulled out to make this the best Mass Effect yet with improved graphics and visuals making the cut scenes all the more enjoyable. Added depth in weapon customisation, improved audio and more information than you can ever need or want to read. A wealth of back-story and information on races and planets is also available for anyone who likes that kind of thing. The voice acting and scriptwriting is great, as has become standard for Mass Effect and the AI has been improved to make combat more intense and challenging than ever. Expand
  29. Aug 27, 2013
    A huge disappointment. The game was clearly put together in a rush and EA made it blatantly obvious, if you have been following the Mass Effect series since the first game then you will know that it is a very well written space drama that got you immersed within the first hour of playing the first 2 games yet whilst playing Mass Effect 3 the immersion was destroyed on numerous occasions by various mistakes e.g. sprites that have been placed that have no reason for being there and on one occasion a sprite that just walked around in circles.

I wouldn't suggest this game to anyone as I know it is a poorly made third-person and its bad enough to make fans of the previous games cry.
  30. Aug 19, 2013
    Mass Effect is to games as "The Godfather" is to movies, it will be one of the few to be remembered by future generations.

I could ramble on about the great graphics, intuitive game-play, and fun multi-player, but I will not, as that would distract you from the greatest draw of the game. It is a literary masterpiece, an epic of our times. Full of rich characters, grave loss, and hope.
    (Think Braveheart)
    . Many people dislike the ending to the story, much as many despise the classics of literature. I think the main cause of this is that the ending fills you with grief, something very few games can do. The fact that it causes you a negative emotion in the first place shows that there is literary power here.

This is not game of the year people, this is the ending to the series of the decade. It's been a hell of a ride.
  31. Aug 17, 2013
    At first, I gave this game a 9 for the fact that the music wasn't as rushed as ME2 majority of sounndtracks, for their aesthetically-compensating atmosphere, the moderate depth in characters' feelings about the Reaper War and the improved gameplay movement, flow, speed and resolution, although the power recharge system is still there which was kind of a bummer since ME2 you can't constantly use powers without having them all charging just to use one power. And the soundtracks were absoulute emotional originality! However, despite thinking and thinking more about how MUCH potential this game seriously had, I realized that the EA gaining full control of the franchise after ME2 was just middle finger to veteran fans and a cynical step TOO FAR! The flaws are established; The villains weren't at their most authentic evil, like Kai Leng, who I thought was a superficial rather than a dangerous assassins, Harbinger not getting enough establishment at all, Sovereign was by far the most terrifying verbally and villanous character in the trilogy from ME1, no planetary exploration and instead like ME2, you get an even worse and less captivating side missions just to prolong the original game time, storyline was the main crap that was a bloody punch to the face by Bioware to all of us ME fans, the vaguely rushed, inexplicable and confusing endings were just a mockery to the entire trilogy!! Bioware needs to get their magic back that once manifested in ME and ME... ME3 just had NO diversity in missions, not enough ndifferent enemies, and the most ridiculous of them all, is on the Insanity mode, you instantly get cheap deaths by three randomly stupid husks and a ridiculously annoying Marauder shooting at you while your Shepard is annoyingly shaking from the targetting system, preventing you to kill that last idiot! Bioware just shoved their heads down with EA, not enough impact from decision making from the previous ME and ME2 decisions, although the Javik and Citadel party DLC's were fun, this was just overall bullcrap to me. Satisfactory for gameplay, but replay value for story and real gameplay is no worth whatsoever. BIOWARE MAKE MASS EFFECT 4 COUNT whatever you tend to call the next game! Expand
  32. Aug 2, 2013
    I can't believe how stupid 90% of the reviewers on this game are being. This game, no this series, is the pinnacle of video games inception into mature, well thought out story telling and emotionally jarring character building. The tension and the moral choices, combined with the stellar voice cast and excellent writing, help center the finale of this game series with a bang, creating some of the hardest decisions that I have ever made in any video game. I literally cried when both Garrus and Tali, who I had gotten very attached to, died in that final rush, an result to the well put together characters, and the bonds that you gain with them. The ending, while similar either way, ties the series up beautifully, and on top of that, possibly TOPS the last two. When I say that, I am mostly referring to the lack of customization that you are all complaining about in the ending from the vast amount of choices you made. To be totally honest, you never really saw the results of your choices in the previous games, until you played the next one. In the first game, you didn't see the results of saving the council really take effect until you met them in the next game. So stop complaining, and enjoy the end to one of the best RPGs that I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Expand
  33. Aug 1, 2013
    The ending was terrible. Even more frustrating was the companies response and lack of care. I could go on and on about the lackluster ending and the fact that even with the Extended Cut it doesn't do your character justice. He has defied the odds only to die. Another Trinity type character. They kill Shepard off, bring him back, just to kill him off again.

BioWare says they're
    listening... As long as its what they want to hear. Expand
  34. Jul 31, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 refines the combat and action of the previous games and presents a conclusion to the story with plenty of memorable moments and tough decisions. However, the pacing dulls a bit, the game becomes repetitive and predictable and the ending, while good in concept, was poorly executed. Not the best in the series, but in the end, a decent game nonetheless if you can overlook the flaws.
  35. Jul 26, 2013
    Casey Hudson ruined Mass Effect. The ending is terrible, but the combat mechanics are simply awful. Tapping a button to get into and out of cover is buggy and more often than not doesn't do what you need it to. The third person camera does a terrible job of maintaining a clear view and often clips into the wall. Mass effect 3 is a perfect example of how EA ruins games. It is no wonder the founders of BioWare quit during the resulting Mass Effect 3 outrage from the players. It is silly really a game marketed as allowing you to tell your own story was ruined because an egotistical (seriously, go look at his web page), childish Casey Hudson wanted to end the story his way denying players what they loved about the game. Like a petulant child, Casey Hudson locked out the other writers to make his own ending and as an EA employee put it, "it shows". Couldn't agree more. Way to alienate a core fan base, tarnish what was a successful IP, and further prove to players why EA cannot be trusted. Even the extended DLC content doesn't fix the plot holes in the ending. It is simply a few more lame slides, that don't really improve anything. Expand
  36. Jul 26, 2013
  37. Jul 24, 2013
    game never buy it is very gay hfejrbv,mjwnvkci8nrwnjekyvtc hunjekmvfygbnhujkml,fvgybjunh'lvfyghuioklhuyijoklp6rftghuyijko6tyhu7koipl;[6tgy789ui0o-pf6gtyhujiokplhuyijokl
  38. Jul 22, 2013
    First of all I've never actually played the game. BUT! Since its release I've had so much fun reading the reviews I honestly believes it DESERVES a 10/10 score. Every time I feel down or bored I come on Metacritic and feel alive again! I think Bioware never realised it but they invented the Mass Comedy genre in a night. Some of the reviews here are pure gold. Seek for the "fistula" one, it's left-hemospheric exo-plasmatic. To all the reviewers here, a HUGE thank you! You made this game awesome! :D Expand
  39. Jul 13, 2013
    Ok i need to write this to contribute to raising the score to what Mass effect 3 deserves. does it deserve a full 10 no it does not but does it need TWOS AND ZEROS IT HAS BEEN GETTING? NO! I GET THE ORIGINAL ENDING WAS BAD BUT STOP PUNISHING THE WHOLE GAME FOR IT! Ok i'm calmed down again
    pros: combat is improved and more fluid, the graphics are good and backgrounds are excellent with
    reapers blasting ships into pieces in space and invading planets, arguments in the street you solve show how the reaper invasion and Cerberus have effected the galaxy, on the galaxy map reapers can attack you giving some life to the galaxy map, it added multiplayer, the return of all of your favorite characters with awesome moments thanks to grunt legion and mordin, extended cut fixes the ending all you people hating on the game because of it. the story is still interesting
    cons: it added poorly done multiplayer, I admit it the original ending was dissapointing and there should not have even needed to be a 1.85 GB ending fix at all, the quest system no longer gives updated objectives or any help were to go for searching for war assets i need to use the wiki to know where to go for quests that were not considered important enough to be marked on the map, multiplayer micro transactions (it is EA) multiplayer online pass we all really "love" pay to play
    so there you go i have given this game the justice it deserves. while the original ending is disappointing the game itself is amazing and i recommend it to all fans of previous games and even some other people. Now I ask you a question would you rather have a bad game with a great conclusive ending or a great game with a disappointing ending. the answer is quite obvious
  40. Jul 2, 2013
    I have to say, the first 95% of the game, leading right up to the very last 15min or so, was excellent. Gameplay was improved, and I actually enjoyed the war asset strategy much as I had enjoyed the overall structure of Mass Effect 2. And this is why it is so astonishing how the final sequence is all it takes to make this very good game into a very bad one. All the excitement that had been building up over the course of the game, and also it's two predecessors, is extinguished immediately and in the worst way, leaving you with the inescapable feeling of being ripped off. The worst part is that there is absolutely no closure to any aspect of the story. The ending didn't just ruin Mass Effect 3, it ruined the entire series. For this, I can not justify any other score. Expand
  41. Jul 2, 2013
    Sure the ending my not be the best we could've asked for.. sure the decisions we have made doesn't mean much when the end comes our way.. but aren't we missing the bigger picture of how a game can bring out all these emotions? I love the Mass Effect series all the way up to 3, a trilogy that will be talked about for many more years to come..
  42. Jun 25, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 takes everything that made the first two Mass Effect games amazing and refines them to a tee. The gamplay is an improvement over the already improved Mass Effect 2 gameplay. The music is just as grand as the other games. The graphics are sharp with barely any technical issues. The story is compelling, full of victorious, sad, and memorable moments. Really, this game has it all.
    Many complain about the ending of the game. While I believe the ending was a little disappointing, it's not worth giving the game a 1/10 over.

Really, the ending is the only minor flaw with this game, thus bringing it down from a perfect score. Still, this is a fantastic game worthy of everyone's attention.

43. Jun 14, 2013
    I LOVED this game, and I LOVE this series, and it so sad that people on here writing reviews (most of them writing their first review?) are still complaining about the ending. I have played through this series 3 times. I have had a fair share of hours in this series. It's not fair to review its game on %1 of it package. Mass Effect 3 has everything, the lip syncing in this game is amazing, the gun-play is awesome, the monsters are better than ever, and the soundtrack is memorizing. I am and always will be a fan of this series. And its sad to see "so called fans" review this game on just its ending, they really did everything they can to fix it. The Extended Cut DLC was great, and real fans wouldn't ditch a game just because of one thing. Seriously, this game has it all for space fans. I seriously recommend going and picking up the trilogy for those who haven't played all three or are new comers. Expand
  44. Jun 9, 2013
    I think what hurts this game most is its own hype. By being the final installment of a trilogy, it has a tremendous amount of pressure to tie all loose ends and satisfy story arcs so that gamers will be whetted for a new hero and new series.
    If one plays this stand-alone, which I think is a ridiculous idea, but the game is set up to accustom one for such a scenario it would rank much
    higher.
    But as part of a set and the end of that set, it grades lower. The ending, is such a punch, It really robs the whole theme of the trilogy, perseverance. There was an attempt to fix it, and it works for some, not for others.
    There is good here, it doesn't deserve the absolute bottom of the barrel scores. The Multiplayer gets little mention but has a lot of options as far as if you play an alien, guns, level buildup. When the game was young MP was bustling, but now is old enough the updates have stopped it will be a slow death for it.
  45. Jun 3, 2013
    My favorite entry in the series, though the I felt betrayed by the ending (as many were). It felt like all the time I spent with the previous two games and this one didn't matter. And the options left weren't satisfying.

That being said, everything else is more polished and smooth and fun than the first two games. It doesn't hold as much replay value for me as my friends, but it's
    definitely worth playing. Expand
  46. Jun 1, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 is the pinnacle of RPG and third-person shooters. This is truly my favorite game ever made, and I have only said that about one other game... Mass Effect 2. Then this masterpiece came along. And I see no reason to complain about the ending with the extended cut, but trolls never have too much intellect do they?
  47. May 30, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 was a great improvement from Mass Effect 2, but it falls flat in a lot of areas. To its credit, Mass Effect 3 has much more intelligent A.I and your enemies use more coordinated attacks and aren't as predictable but this game still continues to be mediocre. I liked the campaign, because once again it had great characters and side missions that weren't delivery missions, but without ripping apart its ending, Mass Effect 3 doesn't have the same appeal as Mass Effect 1. It seems that they're straying away from its original RPG elements and becoming more of a tactical shooter. It's not bad in that setting, but I loved the original for being its own unique little adventure. This isn't a bad game, but not my favorite. Expand
  48. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After porting my character over it has made my experience of this game much better. As since I never played Mass Effect 1 before I started Mass Effect 2 as a start to my first playthrough, it felt like I never missed anything. But after playing Mass Effect 1 and doing choices I felt we're morally good and some badass renegade as well: Like releasing the Rachni Queen or giving Anderson council position. But to my disappointment, Anderson has like no price or worth in the story if you give him council position. But other choices are good: Like Rachni helps you more, compared to the synthetic Rachni. But over all... The game is as good as I remember it. Building an army from random side missions and finding armor and weapon parts seem very fun. :P I have a pleasure in customizing... Also, everyone needs to calm down about the endings. It gives you three options in the end, but each option has so much more into it that effects the universe. Expand
  49. May 20, 2013
    this is a game where they took everything from the last two games and made it 10 TIMES BETTER. the only reason this game gets a 1 point deduction is the end. why some decide to give it a low sco.re because of the ending is uncalled for. sure the ending is bad and is suposed to be determined by choice, but the god damned great gameplay is unforgetable and people should get over the ending. they even fixed it Expand
  50. May 18, 2013
    Its easily the Best Game of 2012 i really enjoyed and liked every minute, Yes even the ending was great i nearly cried and this is the only game what could make me cry.Finally not a dissapointment boring always fairy tale happy ending.
  51. May 13, 2013
    While the ending may leave you frustrated and looking for answers the majority of the game itself is brilliant. The gameplay is fun, skill based and action-packed. The single player mode is a lot of fun and is brilliant for the most part. The multiplayer is the best co-operative multiplayer I've ever played with some unique inventory based features. I would recommend this game to anyone, but don't be too surprised if the ending disappoints you. Expand
  52. May 11, 2013
    You will enjoy the ride, right up till its finish the story is a master class in great writing and plot! well done Bioware. the ending is the fault of EA.

Good Multiplayer thats fun to player. A more mobile Shepard. And tons of free dlc!
  53. May 4, 2013
    This is the first mass effect game i have ever played. In short i like it. I have not officially beaten the game but i have played it enough to get the gist of how the game runs. One thing so far i do not like about the game is i just hit disc two and i have done two sections so far in the game where i actually get to shoot things, in between that time are two very long and drawn out parts where you talk to people on the citadel to recruit new members for the alliance and get resources for the war and get to know the characters, at first i didnt mind then i thought,, hmm i wanna shoot stuff. And the shooting and combat is something i really like about this game its fluid fast and fun and you have alot of options going into batlle. You have your standard stuff like guns and stuff but you also have powers and abilities as do your aliies which you can direct them to do at any given time after the cooldown. The story is good even to someone who hasnt been with the series for the whole ride it does a decent job of getting you up to speed of whats going on, since i havnt played the other mass effects(yet) its safe to say im not getting the whole experience because im pretty sure if had played one and two my decisions in those two games wouldve made the experience completeley different for me because thats how things work in mass effect, your desicions. Over all i like this game and i hate to see all these people knocking it because they didnt like the ending thats not a factor in a game that should determine whether or not it is good or not Expand
  54. Apr 30, 2013
    Well, again a mixed bag. The game is quite amazing up until that dang ending man. MP is fun, even a year into it, and still rolling on. The one thing that holds this game down is that crap ending.
  55. Apr 30, 2013
    The game has been out for over a year, long enough for me to recover and think how do I rate this game. To be honest, I want to give this game a 10 before the ending, i still remembered how exciting when playing the last mission on earth and how emotional I got towards the final push. Then the original ending, which is total crap and I want to give the game a -10 after finished the game the first time, it deserved a negative score. the ending made me depressed and lost interesting in playing games for months, the reaction and PR bxx**** from bioware towards ending and fans was just disgusting and made me sick. For me, the ending was just rushed, no excuse, no deep meaning behind it. if a video game can give me so much negative feelings, i can only rate it with negative score, in this case, a zero. Expand
  56. Apr 27, 2013
    All i see is: 'Bad ending, bad ending, waste of money, worst game ever' but no, it's not. Don't get me wrong, the ending was weak.
    I am not the one that says that this one is better than ME2. It certainly isn't. but i had a lot of fun playing, And i do not think people should hate this series overall because of this lame ending. If you want to play this game, then first play ME1 and 2.
  57. Apr 16, 2013
    If the user score wasn't so low I'd give it a 9 or 8, but a 10 because it's so low... Why is it so low?! This game was absolutely incredible. It wasn't as good as the first or second, but this game is epic. Multiplayer was a worthy inclusion to it and everything else came together... An awesome game
  58. Apr 10, 2013
    Oh my dear gaming-god(Tex Murphy)!!
    It's like Elvis would announce his greatest show ever, and then came out on stage naked, fat, drunk, balled, and then urinated on the first row people, slung feces on the rest, gave his finger to all, and then shot all the old people.
    Where did all the talent go, that I trusted with my hopes and dreams for Shepard and his friends.
    I mean how is this
    possible;
    To write arguably the best story in gaming history(ME1), come up with two of the best bad guys in space(Saren and Sovereign)
    Then go on to make ME2 witch fixed all the problems from the previous game, only lacking bad guys with character.
    And then this.....
    Did they have a stroke, are they smoking crack, did someone replace their head with G.W.B's?

Now it's all ruined. I cant even replay the first two. Shepard is dead to me now. Why you say??
    BECAUSE YOU'VE KILLED HIM STUPID
  59. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. MY BEST RPG EVER!
    Good
    Awesome Presentation Graphics,Textures,Art, The Best Gameplay in the series,Throwable Grenades, RPG Elements are back and there are a lot, Tons of Different Looking Guns, Mods add Actual Physical as well as performance enhancements, Intresting Characters, A Ton Of Content, Free Extended Cut DLC, Great Choices Now even more galaxy wide including one which can result in the destruction of an entire friendly alein race,So Much
    Bad
    Original Ending,
  60. Apr 3, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 has it's flaws and I am not sure how to judge those. The franchise really has identity issues.
    The game has done things right: graphics, soundtrack, combat, multiplayer, these "touching moments"... yet it still fails to satisfy completely. Some important story-arcs are completely cut off, certain characters were simply dismissed, side-missions are almost non-existent, the
    writing is laughable at points and (this has already been discussed to death) the terrible ending happened.

I don't know if more time for the development would have helped, but this game seemed rushed and unfinished at every end. It was an enjoyable game up until the ending, but certainly not the outstanding quality fans are used to.
  61. Mar 29, 2013
    I don't know what the people who poorly rated this game were thinking but this is one legendary game. It immersed me in the first couple of hours and I can't leave ME3 for long hours once I start to play it. Despite a few flaws (especially the same button used for cover, running and jumping over obstacles), this game is pure FUN and it surely deserves my score of "9".
  62. Mar 28, 2013
    Another dumbed down game gone in the wrong direction just to please the masses, this is just unbelievable, I'm tired of companies just ruining great franchises just because they want money. This is just shameful.
  63. Mar 26, 2013
    My God, this game is so bad. I mean, WTF, is this even real??? Graphics suxxxx monkey balls, no killstreaks, no quick scopez, joke man. This game is garbage PS I didn't play it.
  64. Mar 26, 2013
    I absolutely LOVED this game, but the only problem I have, and this was a HUGE problem, is the ending. The ending was just SO terrible it's not even funny. I was so disappointed.
  65. Mar 22, 2013
    To start off, I've yet to reach the ending of mass effect 3. I assume I'm getting close, 24 hours in or so. I had an idea a month or so ago to play all three in a row, because I forgot what happened in the first two games. So I replayed through the first, loved it, damn fine game. Replayed the second, also sweet, got a bit bored of the planet scanning after awhile, but besides that highly enjoyed it. And then I started 3. I don't honestly understand how this game got such a high review. The entire system was dumbed down, all mini games removed, almost all exploration removed, no characters to gather, silly dream sequence scenes that always end exactly the same. Canned dialogue, removal of REAL side quests and a new, insanely annoying combat system where every single npc strafes at Mach speed. There's so much wrong with this it's hard for me to find anything fun, new or cool. I have no desire to finish the game, Ashley looks like a man, all of my companions are boring, oh, the one binary puzzle level was sort of neat albeit a tad frustrating. As I said I played each concurrently, the second I finished the first I started the second, same with second to third. My score relies on the fact to me, from my perspective, that this was and is a piss poor representation to an up to this point, awesome franchise, I think it's ea.. Btw, once bio signed with them most of their games just haven't been the same. Expand
  66. Mar 21, 2013
    This is a very good game, and has been exposed to far too much negative publicity. It has been a brilliant series, and this is a very good continuation of the Mass Effect trilogy. The gameplay is better than any previous installment, with good graphics and some missions being very well executed and thought out: Tuchanka and Rannoch in particular. That said, the lack of more conversation decisions, and less squad members, as well as the now infamous ending might plague the game somewhat. The multiplayer in itself is very addictive, a fun Horde mode where the main problem is an infuriatingly unlikely random store, which seems to be an excuse for those dreaded microtransactions. All in all, Mass Effect 3 is a great game, all though it may be slightly plagued by some problems blown way out of proportion. Expand
  67. EWD
    Mar 18, 2013
    In an industry of the quick one-liner shooter and linear choice rpg I find it good to see some writing power being put behind a game to give it more of a endearing and drawing in quality. Mass effect's universe has always given players more in the way of choices, relationship development and Mass effect 3 has now promised to give us the fruits of our labor. I come to really enjoy every person I meet in the game and the inspired locations in it and It did make me feel as though what I did in the game's shaped the universe around me and most popular games just don't give you that, really doesn't. Now my thoughts on the linear endings is that for me I was playing for the in game experience and I knew that there would be more games and like past games in the series I never really see the "end" as a final game and I didnt expect developers to have the time to come up with hundreds of different endings for every choice we made, though they shouldn't of promised that but its a mistake people make them. I'm satisfied with how they rectified the problem people had and will be back. Expand
  68. Mar 16, 2013
    I'll start right off the bat that Mass Effect 3 is a good game.It isn't as good as Mass Effect 1 & 2 and as a final part of Commander Shephard's story it doesn't fully deliver. The choices you made in the last games don't effect the story that much and the ending seems forced and not fitting at all. It is easily the weakest of the otherwise amazing trilogy.
  69. Mar 14, 2013
    I... What... This is... I can't... (adopting James Earl Jones voice) NOOOOOOOOO!!!! There simply aren't words that can adequately describe how incredibly disappointed I was with this title. The sheer dumbing and scaling down and utter contrived nonsense of this game simply defies belief. To summarize: The conversation wheel is reduced to mostly two choices, which most of the time are just verbal variations of the very same choice. The Citadel has been reduced to four very small "rooms" which make you feel like you're in a dorm rather than a huge construction floating in space. The story makes little to no sense what so ever (and that's well before one of the worst, most contrived, horribly written, and senseless endings in the history of writing). Side missions consists primarily of Shep playing UPS-guy. Here's how it works: Eavesdrop on total stranger, go to system, scan planet, find object, go back, deliver found object to total stranger, the end. And if you thought Bioware couldn't make scanning planets more absurdly boring than it was in ME2 (where it actually served some kind of purpose), then you're in for a surprise. Imagine playing Tetris with only square blocks which take up the entire grid. That's scanning planets in ME3. You don't really do anything. The shooting levels are extremely linear and makes the whole game feel more like an attempt at a Gears of War clone with longer cutscenes (and a still dysfunctional AI) than Mass Effect. Oh, and did I mention the sheer amount of auto dialogue? Then there's Tali's face... Oh God, how lazy can you get? Then there's the IGN chick. WHAT!? And then there's the ending... You know, the one where all the decisions you made throughout the three games come together and gives you a plethora of different endings? Well, no! No choices you ever made make even one iota of difference. Everybody gets the same three completely ridiculous, contrived, senseless, and grotesquely illogical choices of endings. Remember we were told that the Reapers were beyond human comprehension? Well, it turns out they were right. Noone can possibly comprehend the assenying, senseless stupidity which is the Reapers and the Catalyst (or smurfboy aka deux ex machina).
    To sum up: Mass Effect 3 is a boring 3rd person shooter with long cutscenes and a completely senseless story and one of the worst conclusions ever in gaming history. The only reason I can swing my way up to a four, is the production value which is excellent and the fact that there is actually two missions in this game that has the old Mass Effect feel of choice and consequence. But twice simply isn't enough when we consider that was the whole premiss of the game.
    The story of the Mass Effect franchise is the story of how game companies all now seem to aim for the lowest common denominator (aka "as long as I can shoot stuff and don't have to actually think or do anything, I'm happy") rather than aim for excellence.
  70. Mar 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome game. i don´t get why so many people give this game so bad score, its excellent. Combat has been improved, more customization options, favorite characters make at least a cameo which is good, though i would have liked to have a krogan team member. Story might not be as good as ME2 or ME1 but, it doesnt deserve so bad score just because the ending, though they improved it with extended cut. People Shouldnt give this 6,5,4,3,2 or 1 because some ending, story and because it doesnt have so much RPG aspects as Mass Effect 1. But the game still kicks ass on story while it isnt as good as we wanted it be it still is awesome. There is more different weapons than before and the customization is better than ME 1 or ME 2. So overall the improves on combat, customization but is bit of letdown on story and ending. Expand
  71. Mar 9, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 is both a testament to show how low EA has dragged Bioware. On the other hand, it IS a good game. Graphics look great, the RPG elements have been improved and the general gameplay is great. You can pretty much cut ME3 in three. Average/Amazing/Bad, for Opening/Majority of Game/Ending. Even with the Extended Cut, the ending is not satisfying for long time fans of the series, and it's really a shame. Other issues include tons of auto-dialogue, a focus on Cerberus instead of the Reapers and the fetch quests they replaced normal side quests with. Your ME2 squadmates are completely sidelined, but that is Mass Effect 2's Suicide Mission's fault. So why did I rate it 8/10? Because it is a good game. Just not a great Mass Effect game. Expand
  72. Mar 8, 2013
    It is Mass Effect 2 but with a less interesting story and atmosphere. The dialogue is less intense in this "brighter" conclusion and the character development is simply chaotic. Gatherings forces ultimately doesn't effect the outcome, and your previous game choices that you have saved from two games now end up not mattering at all. The multiplayer is just a horde/zombie type grind with no real interesting mechanics. When I heard co-op where you played a new squad I figured there would be a short side story where your play parallel to the campaign story, but nope. The only good thing was that they added more rpg features when it comes to character skills and customization. All in all, it is a boring conclusion for a nearly perfect series. Expand
  73. Mar 7, 2013
    I'm not here to rip on ME3 just for the sake of doing so or because its what's cool to do on the internet like so many others.

Basically ME3 is the worst of the series in every way possible compared to the other 2 games because it doesn't build or improve anything. It simply just tries to hurriedly finish the series for the sake of a cash in on the title.

1- There is no sense of
    exploration. The game as efficiently as possible holds your hand every step the way and has you actually being on the ground doing things the least amount possible. Side missions are carried out by quickly scanning a planet ala ME2 and then firing a probe. That's it. You don't explore, you don't get to check out uncharted worlds simply for the sake of curiosity or anything. Scan, shoot probe, side mission done all without even leaving the galaxy map. This tactic accounts for the majority of side missions. ME1 you could explore the galaxy drive around in that horribly handling buggy and had a sense of discovering things, ME2 you could land on planets and explore doing side missions with some not even firing a single shot like the crashed cruiser balanced on the mountain peak but all of those things are gone in 3. The game just holds your hand and ushers you from mission to mission.

2- You don't get to actually chose anything, everything is pre determined for you. Even if you chose the renegade or paragon path you get the exact same result and no one treats you differently and you get no alternative paths depending on your karma scale which makes it all incredibly pointless and just window dressing for the fact the story is entirely linear and so is your character.

3- The characters are all the same ones, only less compelling. There are a couple new characters but they are highly disposable and not even worth messing with. James for instance is basically just a guy who talks 90% of the time like a generic white guy, 10% of the time he throws out some Mexican phrases like saying "loco" a lot in his generic white guy trying to impersonate a Mexican guy and he looks like he was taken from the show jersey shore. When a old character returns you can see it coming a mile away. For instance you go into a area where the mission briefing talks about geth then you can see 45 minutes before which old character is going to come back. All the characters themselves seem hollow and rushed, they lack the personality that made them endearing in the other games and most are there only long enough to be overly obvious in a very specific mission or they simply show up for 3 minutes of camera time practically winking at the player with a nod and then are gone.

4- The story compared to the others sucks. The other games had side stories, character stories, side missions with their own short stories and so on. ME3 on the other is basically this "Everything is going to be destroyed". That's pretty much it because no matter where you go or what you do its always about the war specifically and nothing else. I also got sick of hearing phrases like "were here to save lives", "were doing this to save lives", "this weapon will save lives", "we need to stick together to save lives", "billions of lives are on the line and were here to save them", etc and after about 8 hours I was sick of hearing about the war and saving lives.

5- The game play was basically just one big shooting gallery and hiding behind chest high walls. Every single fight is basically you hiding behind chest high walls to peak out and fire a few rounds only to hide back behind said wall. It was incredibly boring and has been done to death in dozens of other games. The combat was mindless and mediocre. It felt like they put absolutely no effort into the combat at all and rushed you through it in order to get to the next scene of hearing Sheppard say "saving lives".

6- The ending was atrocious. This is a series that prides itself on story, characters and dialogue. We all spent over 100 bucks playing all 3 games and spent over 100 hours playing all 3 games but bioware seemed to say "This is the end of the trilogy so who cares about the ending". The ending is the most important part of any story of any kind because its the very last thing you leave the person with and its supposed to be a reward, the climax to everything leading up till then, basically the ending is the most important part of any story. But the ending of ME3 was over in just a minute or so despite the dozens of hours of dialogue, cut scenes and story in the rest of the series they got lazy at the end. It gives no satisfaction at all. I can honestly say it is the laziest segment of the series. I did like though they had the balls to do what they did with Sheppard, but the ending still sucks and doesn't make you glad to have finished the series.
  74. Mar 7, 2013
    Don't let the rumors of the terrible ending turn you away from this game.

If you played the first two Mass Effect games and want to enjoy more then don't be turned off my the rumors of the ending. While the ending is not anything you would expect, at it's core the gameplay is by far the best ever in Mass Effect 3.

The multi-player is also an added bonus. Originally everyone was
    skeptical about the mutli-player component, but with an assortment of free DLC associated with it you can't go wrong playing some Mass Effect co-op with friends.

Why not give it a 10? Well simple due to the narrow focused missions, and lack of true exploration in an RPG. Plus the ending could have been better.
  75. Feb 21, 2013
    The end to a Legend. Mass effect 3, the conclusion to the story of Commander (insert first name here) Shepard. Been a hell of a ride, from Eden Prime to Omega, and everywhere in-between. Mass Effect 3 beings after the events of the Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2. Cmdr. Shepard having been arrested, and facing trial,on Earth, is interrupted with the Reaper's invasion. And Shepard is given one final mission: Unite the Galaxy to combat them. No easy task, but years have been spent for this very moment. Shepard is faster and stronger now. With combat rolls, cover vaults and devastating melee attacks. He/She is joined by a smaller (But more vocal) squad. All previous squad-mates, main characters from previous games return. Though some are placed in corners, and given little screen-time. The weapon crafting system is a fun little addition, even if you won't be using it much. The mining mini-game is gone, (Hurray!) and planet scanning is simplified. The game leads through many emotional moments, some of anger and hate. Others of happiness, and joy. But the leading is pressure, desperation and tragedy. Keep tissues near you for this game. A work of art for 99% of the game...and you've heard it a million times. The ending, while improved with the "Extended Cut" free DLC, is still...unsatisfying. A game everyone should try once, but sadly will be remembered for its ending. Expand
  76. Feb 13, 2013
    Well the games 80% off in my local store, but due to the hype by the industry hacks and the real gaping plot holes and micro management payments to get a good ending pointed out by real gamers. First time I have review a game that I have not played, because I am too put off to even buy in the first place!? Oh well it is EA so what can you expect...
  77. Feb 11, 2013
    Boy, talk about a game developer living by the idea of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". This could easily be a Mass Effect 2 expansion pack as it plays, feels, and looks just like the previous game. And although this would seem like a good thing, the story is now bogged down by too many chance encounters and contrived story telling. I don't want to by chance run into everything character I ran with in the previous game in a massive universe unless it makes sense to and ME 3 forces me to see my fellow squad mates in the most random and coincidental ways that it makes it all feel icky.
    The game has been replaced by all out action which will keep some people happy. It just lacks the heart of the first 2 games. Which is odd because its supposed to be a game the deals with the possible idea of extinction and instead of dealing with that, Im babbling politics with a krogan and turian? Boo
  78. Feb 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Positives:
    -Story is engaging and ties subplots together well
    -Refined game play mechanics
    -Character leveling is well balanced
    -Most choices made in ME1 2 are reflected (some much more than others)
    -Multiplayer is well executed

Negatives:
    -Day of release DLC (800 MS Points)
    -Freddy Prinze Jr
    -Shoehorned Jessica Chobot cameo
    -Several loose ends in the story are "tied" up with e-mails
    -Citadel is still (circa ME2) confined to a few small areas of exploration
    -Insignificance of War Assets!!!!

The game is centered around the final battle between the Reapers and a unified army of races. Shepard must gain as many 'war assets' as possible before the showdown begins. This is why ME3 is fun. It's up to you to resolve long standing conflicts and issues so that a unified galaxy will stand against the invincible Repears. All the time, narrative and game play involved in series builds up to a finale that thousands of fans have imagined for over 5 years. Yet, this is where Bioware fell short, so very very short.

It's not so much that I am essentially given three identical options for how the game will end. Rather, it's the fact that nothing I did since ME1 resulted in any kind of variance for the ending. Where are the mercs I secured through Aria? What about the friggin Krogan and Salarians? Why doesn't anything I accomplished matter?

Bioware released DLC in an effort to shed more light on the "ending they wanted to tell". This failed since the ending they wanted to tell sucked in the first place. Shedding more light on a pile of dog sh*t won't make it more pleasant to smell.

For such an engaging and fun series, ME was not granted the resolution it deserves. I don't know why Bioware chose the route that it did. Unfortunately, you can't unsee what has already been seen.
  79. Feb 11, 2013
    Played this through for the first time with the free extended cut DLC (I haven't played the "original" that everyone is complaining about.) The Mass Effect trilogy is quite possibly the best science fiction story I've seen in a game, and a pretty good sci fi anyway. I found the ending was fairly satisfactory, and the voice acting (as female Shepherd) was solid almost all the way through. I have a couple complaints about gameplay elements, but they're not enough to detract from a 10/10. Seriously what game have you played that delivers an epic story with so much background better than the Mass Effect trilogy? Expand
  80. Feb 8, 2013
    Decent. The multiplayer addition is basically crap. It's just a whole lot of forced grinding against standard waves of enemies. The single player was great but the ending was absolutely embarrassingly bad. Bioware's PR is atrocious as well.
  81. Feb 6, 2013
    Linear, boring, repetitive and overly scripted missions, no dialogue options, worst reputation system ever, no challenge whatsoever (even on the highest difficulty), multiplayer maps as single-player missions, no side-quests, no bosses, and worst plot ever.
  82. Feb 5, 2013
    one of the best of the year even though the ending has AWFUL this game was still amazing i love the characters the gameplay and the conversation the people giving this game a zero becuase of the end are retarded buy this game
  83. Feb 2, 2013
    Personally, I don't quite understand all the negative fuss about the ending. It's original, was hard to predict, and far from most Hollywood-sauce game endings, which is a very good thing.
    It's the gameplay that really matters, and for me, who appreciates more action than lengthly (and sometimes cheesy) dialogues, Mass Effect 3 just delivers.
    The combat parts are improved from ME2:
    better graphics, better (though not perfect) controls, and much more fun.
    Overall, it's a must-buy, fan of the series or not.
    The plus:
    - Really good and unpredictable story
    - Addictive combat scenes: after beating the game, I just wanted to go back to my saved missions and do the action parts again an again. So good that after playing a few hours of Halo4 (yawn...), I came back to ME3.
    - Incredible character design at the beginning (well like other MEs)
    - The Banshees: OMG...
    - The sound (music is okay; sound effects are great)
    - Terrific voice acting, and ...Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man, again.
    - The unbelievable richness of the ME universe (All credible species, civilization, planets, etc. up to nauseating details in the Codex... wow.)

The minus:
    - Earth final mission rarely looks as a huge battlefield. I would have liked flanking dozens of allied fighters against the same amount of Reapers in the action sequences. Instead, it's always you and your 2 teammates against hordes of the same monsters, over and over, and cut scenes in between with huge battlefields to make you think you are part of a planetary war...Um failed.
    - Some lazy rip-offs from science fiction movies: Dune, Aliens, Star Wars. But hey, that's forgiveable.
    - Controls that still get in the way sometimes: trying to punch an enemy sometimes lets you 'slip' in front of him (use a kind of lock-on mechanism next time, please), just to get stabbed in the back after.
    - AI that is most of the time excellent, but sometimes strange: Cerberus soldiers are so strong, I don't see why they are not more aggressive (even in Insanity mode), and why they don't come more directly at you instead of retreating most of the time and hiding for long periods. If you are separated from them by a single obstacle, they will flee instead of jumping over to kick your ass. Sometimes, you are standing in front of a soldier, and... he does nothing, no shooting at all. Okay for easier modes, but unforgiveable for Insanity.
  84. Jan 31, 2013
    This game was FANTASTIC all the way to completing the Cerberus base mission. Then, it crashed and burned. It seemed like they poured their talent and resources into this game and ran out of both before they finished it. Both my wife and I played all three games and we both had the same reaction to the end. What interns made this ending? The concept philosophy of the end was right on the mark for a Sci-Fi. But it was poorly poorly executed and the choices you made through out the series were rendered completely irrelevant. My wife and I in 20 minutes could brainstorm a better execution of the ending and still leave their philosophical concept intact. What's their excuse? Expand
  85. Jan 27, 2013
    I should probably mention that I am a huge science-fiction nut so when a game comes along blending "outer space themes", "human life in the future", and "alien worlds and/or cultures" then you can count me in. Now I have played "a lot" of top rated games in the past 12-months and I never felt ripped off by any of them which I usually get through (in story mode) in about 5-7 days (although recently, "Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2" seemed a little on the short side). So imagine my surprise when I stumbled onto "Mass Effect 3" with its stunning graphics (I play on a PS3 connected to a 61-inch JVC hi-def display) which I bought for half the price of BO2 but am still playing in story mode two weeks later. The only negative thing I will say about this game is that many of your smaller alien opponents are not as realistic looking as the primary characters. But if you are playing on a smaller screen then maybe you won't even notice this. Just my 2-cents worth. Expand
  86. Jan 27, 2013
    I don't understand all the bad reviews of this game. Ending aside, it's up to the high standard of the previous two games, though not quite scaling the heights of ME2 it's still easily one of the best video games ever made. There is simply so much to do with all the character classes, upgrades, customisation, side missions, etc. Despite it's flaw this is the kind of game most game developers can only dream of making. Expand
  87. Jan 25, 2013
    I like ths game the reason why is so different its because of u the casual gamer they listened to u instead the people who love hardcore rpg but now thanks to you the game is different maybe instead of bashing here's a thought dont buy it
  88. Jan 22, 2013
    First off, i would like to point out that the ending has been talked about to death. So instead of pointing out how it committed story telling suicide (which it did), i`m going to focus on the rest of the game. 1. The Intro. Seriously, WHY would shepard, the renegade badass (in my playthrough) just sit around WAITING for the reapers to arrive for those few months in between ME3 and arrival? That doesn`t seem very shepard like. And why should i give a sh-- about some random kid?

Verdict: bad writing.

2. Cerberus. So, a rogue terrorist organization goes from having only a hundred and fifty members just a few months ago to being the empire of star wars with almost limitless troops.......

Yeah, sure. tell me another one, casey.

Verdict: bad writing

3. Kai-lang. I have never been so annoyed by an emo prick of a video game character as i was by Kai-lang. As razorfist, my favorite youtube reviewer put it: if for the past decade the illusive man had access to a gravity defying emo space ninja with a katana that slices through mother f---ing planets, and with magic plot device powers that allowed him to track the movement of every sentient being in the galaxy, then why in F--K would he resurrect commander shepard?!

Verdict: bad writing

4. Harbinger. Did harbinger just say screw it and go on a fishing trip when it came time for the invasion? Why was he portrayed as the ultimate badass reaper in ME2 only to be given a rediculous cameo in ME3?

Verdict: bad writing

5. The ''arrival'' of the reapers. Okay, stop me if you`ve heard this one: Why did the reapers cross the void? To get to our galaxy, you gleefully respond. But HOW did they get to our galaxy? That`s right: They couldn`t have. Remember ME1? Remember when we stopped saren from activating the citadel so that the reapers could pour through? Remember the arrival DLC, where we blew up an entire solar system to stop them? So answer me this: if all the posible relays the reapers could have used were destroyed: HOW. IN. FU-- did they get here? Answer: they didn`t. Verdict: laughably bad writing

6. So the quariens go to war whether you pushed them towards it or not in ME2.

And the point of having the option to say: good luck in the war, or: The reapers are coming, i`m going to need every ship i can get was.......?

Verdict: far too heavy an emphasis on the illusion of choice, and not enough emphasis on MEANINGFUL choice.

7. The god d--n kid. I know this has been voiced at least a million times, but i`m going to say it anyway: why should my character, who has seen hundreds of innocent men, women, and children being liquified into a human reaper give even a marginal sh-- about ONE KID? They might as well have had giant flashing letters on my screen that said: FEEL SAD NOW.

Verdict: atrocious writing

And my verdict for the entire game is: Terrible. The most badly written game in the series with the most badly written ending in the history of video game trilogys.

Don`t buy it. Not even if it`s in the bargain bin. EA doesn`t deserve your money or your time.
  89. Jan 20, 2013
    I let my Mass Effect 3 experience sit and gestate for nearly a year before I felt I could properly describe the sensations that it evoked. It was a single feeling, it was like somebody with less knowledge of the source material was telling a condensed ending over mouthfuls of hamburger in a high school cafeteria. True there were parts that ended exactly as they should and it played exactly like I expected it to with multiplayer in the mix. Just felt as though there was more to the story than fist bumps and Freddie Prinze Jr. would allow, Expand
  90. Jan 17, 2013
    As a fan of the series, this game deviated from its original roots as a predominant RPG with shooter elements to now a predominately a shooter with a skin of a RPG elements. Even neglecting the rampant on disk DLC and plot hole ridden ending, the game is blatantly average. As a shooter it is adequate offering the staple cover shooter. However, the cover mechanics are often clunky in comparison to other games in the same genre. The game has roughly the same RPG elements as Mass Effect 2, while limiting, adds at least some flavor to the shooter Bioware/EA have turned the series into. The gameplay is not where Mass Effect 3 does poorly. It is the practices regarding story-necessary DLC and essentially the last 20 minutes of the game's story. The game wraps up many of the persisting conflicts of the series, only to introduce rampant deus ex machina and plot holes in the games final minutes. The altered Extended Cut DLC fails to address many of these plot holes as well. Bioware games are usually renown for their story and setting, but this game essentially throws this all to the wayside and leaves a bad taste in the mouth of many fans of the franchise. In all, the end result is an average cover-shooter and a series whose universe is tarnished in the name of "artistic integrity". Expand
  91. Jan 16, 2013
    Continuing from the events of the previous game Mass Effect 3 opens with the Reapers attacking Earth and, having narrowly escaped with his life, Commander Shepard yet again finds himself as humanity's last hope for survival. Series veterans will be instantly familiar with the games concept in which a series of core and side missions can be accessed from the Normandy's galaxy map. This time around however it is not just a case of recruiting allies to your cause. Depending on how each mission is handled vital resources, such as fleets of warships, can be gained to aid in the final battle against the Reapers. As has always been the case many of these missions allows for a great deal of freedom with a number of, sometimes very difficult, choices being afforded to the player. The series strong combat remains virtually unchanged from the series second entry and still plays like a simplified version of Gears of War. Responding to audience criticisms a number of features have been tweaked however. While the popular Mako may not make a return the weapon and armour customisation has returned and the dull planet scanning all but removed. For the first time in the Mass Effect series multiplayer has also been included. To be honest it offers only a minor diversion from the main campaign with only one mode (imagine Horde mode from Gears of War or Halo) and six small maps to play in co-op with up to three other players. Since the playing multiplayer aids in preparing for the Reaper assault in the main game however it is worth investing some time in.

And so to the much criticised ending to the game. In my personal opinion some of this criticism is justified as it certainly leaves several plot holes and very much jars with the philosophy of Mass Effect. A few fans have certainly gone overboard however as when you consider the huge influence you are able to wield throughout the game the disappointing final ten minutes in no way spoils the 20+ hours that come before or the epic series as a whole.
  92. Jan 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Been a long time fan of the series but I feel this is by far the worst of the trilogy. I'd give it a 6.5 if I could. Spoilers below but will try to keep it vague.

Pros: Felt like they did a good job building up to an epic conclusion.
    A lot of dialogue and the decision about the genophage was the hardest decision I had in the series.
    For me, ending did a good job tugging on emotions.

Cons: They completely killed any meaning behind choices. Choices from previous games are whittled down to very small/short parts which are then boiled down to a readiness number for ending purposes.
    In the end you really realize there was no purpose behind any choice.
    Ending does a poor job of wrapping up the series and really felt flat.
  93. Jan 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ME3 is one the best games of the year, but there are huge problems also like the dialouge circle doesn't much through out the story and the biggest problem was the ending, in ME1 & ME2 your decisions matter for the sake of the story but in ME3 just takes that out completly and the ending you have 3 options : Control Reapers, Destroy all synthethic life, or synthesize all organic and synthetic life together and all the endings
    are the same and are different only alittle. The good things about ME3 is THE GRAPHICS, THE CAMPAIGN, THE GAMEPLAY. But I say that ME3 is my least fave ME game.
  94. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is everything Mass Effect wasn't. No exploration, now you slowly scan a planet and hope the game will allow you to land on the thing. Combat difficulty is no longer determined by player skill, but enemies who have infinite ammo, immunity to player attacks and can kill the player in 3 hits regardless of level. The storyline seems contrived... The whole game seems to be about collecting resources and trying to bed down one of your teammates. Virgins will get a kick out of that. FPS fans will enjoy the fact that there are little to no RPG elements that require them to use more than .006% of their brains to play this game. RPG fans will dislike this game's lackluster character development system. Me? I hate this game.

That's right, I used the exact same review from Mass Effect 2. Why? Because if Bioware can't be bothered to improve the game in any way, then I can't be dithered to waste time pretending that I care enough about this abortion to write an all new review.
  95. Dec 29, 2012
    For me the best game on xbox and the best trilogy ever made.. People will have differnt opinions on the ending of the game and to be honest when i first seen it i had mixed emotions on it. I first felt liked they ripped my heart out thinking how they could this to a beloved franchise knowing ive spent over 100hrs on this but they brought out the EC and all was forgiven in my eyes i understand peoples frustration on this but 10 min on an ending cant justify low scores on a trilogy masterpiece. Expand
  96. Dec 29, 2012

(Think Braveheart)

97. Dec 27, 2012
    I'm giving this an 8 even though I agree with a lot of the negative reviews about the ending and lack of consequences of choice. It is very fun to play, and the action/combat is tight and enjoyable (love the sniper rifle). I wish there were some large variance to the results, inviting multiple playthrus. ME2, to me, is better than ME3, but ME3 is worth at least one complete playthru, and if you liked ME or ME2, you'll have fun playing ME3, even if you will be left flat or confused with the end. Bring on a new ME series, and have parts of the game locked out based on a choice you make which take you down a certain path. Have character's relationships change irrevocably and have them join or not based on how they feel about you or other characters. Expand
  98. Dec 26, 2012
    Mediocre end to a great. I am a fan of the ME world, but ME3 was just above average. The importing of character relationships and decisions was great, but how they showed what your actions only made me go "ok, cool". And kinect didn't help much... But even with all that, I enjoyed myself quite a bit.
  99. Dec 25, 2012
    Even without the infamous ending, this game is still a mess. The patches and DLC have made improvements but many plot problems still stand. It's still an enjoyable game but could have been so much better, and the ending can ruin what preceeded for many people.
  100. Dec 18, 2012
    Loved it. Possible game of the year. Only problem was horribly tacked on multiplayer, which doesn't matter because this game is all single player. Ignore people complaining about the ending, it's fine if you download the free Extended Cut DLC. Overall fantastic game.

1. May 12, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an emotional rollercoaster ride with lots of tension and moving moments. The threat of the Reapers make every decision a hard one and your relationship with other characters will be tested. This, in combination with tight gameplay, makes this the complete experience.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    As a bombastic action-RPG with no previous context, Mass Effect 3 is a dark, engaging game with great combat, a well-written story, and all the epic space-opera you could want. But for those who have played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, it's something much more.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    The storytelling itself, the more refined combat, the voicework, the visuals, et all, stand as a fine example of some of the best this industry has to offer, and with my minor complaints aside, there's no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will be deservedly at the top of everyone's list come this year's award season.