5.6

1. Apr 15, 2014
    Is the ending disappointing? Yes, very much so. Does that alone make this game awful as a whole? Absolutely not. The characters are all still just as likeable, the dialogue is top-notch, the graphics are both gorgeous and fitting, and the majority of the plot is incredibly intense and riveting, not to mention the gameplay (mainly gunfights) remaining fun, accessible, and dare-I-say, perhaps even a bit more challenging than before, with the inclusion of many new difficult and powerful enemies.

Overall, this is still an excellent game, but the ending (even with the free DLC) does hinder it a bit. I can certainly see why people were so mind-numbingly upset before the DLC came out, as the original ending has an extreme lack of details. I'd still recommend it to fans and anyone who likes RPG's and/or shooters, but BE SURE to download the DLC Ending, as I feel that's part of the reason I wasn't as furious as many others.
  2. Apr 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not going to be like alot of people and sugar coat anything. I rated this game fairly low compared to the first two in the series for multiple reasons which will be described here. The game plays just like Mass Effect 2 with an upgraded melee system which isn't a bad thing. Second thing, which is why I didn't rate the game entirely horrid, is the level system changes. Instead of straight skills you no have more choices in how your skills level, if they inflict higher damage or last longer or even have a larger radius. Now on to the part I'm sure most have heard by now but if like me was still hopeful was wrong. Apparently there are multiple endings to the game, but from what I've seen NOTHING you've done in the game or previous others makes a difference, aside from finishing the crucible. At the end of the game no matter how big of a galactic fleet you've acquired, who you have on your side, the side quests you've finished, who lived in part 1 and 2, you're put with 2 choices(from what I've heard pre update was 3) the choices are destroy ALL mechancal life including yourself, or kill yourself and take control of the reapers. Yes in the previous two games the choices are kind of an illusion, that don't have a direct impact, but in this game the choices have no impact. I don't mind them killing off you're character, ending the series, just so they can't pull a Halo, but it would have been nice to have a game where you can win with a third choice of killing the reapers using your own fleet, since apparently all the reapers moved to earth. The second choice for the ending of taking over the reapers is a mind rape to me because apparently you become the Catalyst which was you're objective to find the entire game, and in doing so remain sentient on The Citadel, yet no one can speak to you or know you're there after that. The issue here is that the original Catalyst, the creator of the reapers, is speaking to you, giving you your two choices. So it telling me that I become it yet can't communicate like it does was a huge let down. Aside from this there are several other major things that could have been an ending to the game that would have worked, part 2 and 3 never happened I'll list them here... The first is part 2 and 3 never happened, at the end of part 3 you awaken after being saved from dying in space from the Collector attack on the normandy in part 2. Second is similar but instead of part 2 also being a dream only part 3 is and you awake in a reaper controlled facility and part 3 is an attempt to Indoctrinate Shephard. Third is this game is a dream that you're having while the Alliance tries to figure out how Cerebus rebuilt you in part two.

All this being said, Bioware really dropped the ball with this game, which honestly seems to have become a forte of the company with their games, see Dragon Age origins, and dragon age 2.
  3. Apr 7, 2014
    GOOD: Great story(obviously, it's BioWare); Awesome and funny characters and the game did a great job of making me care about them; Fixed the terrible ending and 2 things you'll notice after seeing the new ending: first, most of the choices you made in the past games and this game actually matter and second, it shows how BioWare cares about their fans by making a new ending that the fans deserved; All of the notable characters in the past games at least make a cameo; improved and faster combat system; No more class restrictions on weapons; New romance options; New and better weapons; New weapon customization; Added new powers to use and all are good; New Gears Of War type of melee animations; New stuff to buy at shops; New and improved leveling system(like a combination of the leveling systems of the first 2 games); Your ship is larger; Reapers have been added to the galaxy map; Throughout the game, you'll gain war assets which will help the final mission; Awesome boss battle with a Reaper on Rannoch; 35-40 hours campaign; Tons of replay ability with multiple classes and being good or bad(just like the past 2 games); Surprisingly fun multiplayer with playing as different races and teamwork is important(level capped at 20); Free multiplayer DLCs with new races, upgrades, weapons, enemies, and maps

BAD: The original ending got me pissed off(thankfully they changed it); The Prothean was on a day one DLC(bullcrap because that is one of the most important characters of the entire series); There is no final boss battle; No space combat(even though there are cutscenes of your ship in the middle of huge space battles); Can't use the Hammerhead vehicle which was the best in the series; Character customization is still not that good

FINAL VERDICT: This game is amazing with a ton of improvements, it does have problems but the game itself is great. I was going to give this game a 9/10, but BioWare actually care about their fans to make a new ending which is why it will end up as a 10/10. If you are an action game fan or an RPG fan, you must own this game forever. In my opinion, it is the best game of 2012!
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. it is completely story driven with great character development and epic gameplay. It is also the only game I think I have ever released emotional feelings about as the story and the dire situations kept me engaged at all times. I honestly believe this is the best game I have ever played. as It was more compelling and engaging than any other game I had ever played. I recommend this for any sci-fi fan. but to actually get the absolute true experience they must play the first 2 games. and perhaps they will get the same feeling I had when I completed this one. The people at bioware know what they are doing and I'm extremely excited for Mass effect 4. Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2014
    I won't go into detail, but I have to say this: the ending of Mass Effect 3 is easily the lowest point in the trilogy. The Extended Cut DLC makes it better (I recommend you download and install that before playing), but even then it's still a low point. Other than that, it stands up to the high bar that the previous two games set. However, just like with Mass Effect 2, I recommend that you play through ME1, transfer your save to ME2, then transfer your ME2 save to ME3. It just makes the game that little bit better. The Mass Effect trilogy is an absolute must play. Expand
  6. Mar 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, let me say that Mass Effect fans are among the worst in gaming. Not all, but the sheer number of entitled malcontents that are part of the fan base is surprising.

Anyway, the is probably my favourite game in what any honest ME fan would admit is a flawed series. ME1 had flaws. ME2 had flaws. And yes, ME3 has flaws as well.

Still though, with its flaws (the main one being its ending), it is in my opinion the best in the series. It surpasses the previous games in combat (mostly), it has the best level design and AI is unsurpassed by any in the series. Visually, it is the best as well. Art wise, it is ahead of ME1 and completely spanks ME2. Technically, it stomps the first game and beats the second (though not in all areas).

The story was mostly glorious before the last few minutes. I agree that one or two scenes were a bit manipulative but generally when the game made me feel, it did so skilfully. And feel I did. I won't go into details but the experience was epic.

One of the statements that baffles me the most is how people can claim the game was rushed and not do so for the incredibly rough first game. Mass Effect 2 was probably most consistent game in the series in terms of levels of polish (though not perfect) but Mass Effect 3 is not far behind. I mean, Shepard's last adventure is a gloriously confident affair. Beautiful designs everywhere from the levels to the characters to the weapons and armour. It is freaking gorgeous. The cinematic storytelling is incredible: a landmark for the series and Bioware. The character performances, while lacking some of the subtlety of those in ME1, is better overall. The characters themselves, while not as detailed as the cast of the first game, make up for it in sheer likeability/charisma (except for Kaiden who is still sucky).

It has some flaws.

Those meaningless little planet scanning missions are kind of tedious. Fewer missions that were more substantial would have been better that the deluge of crap we got around the middle of the game.

The whole EMS thing was not fully realized. I like the idea of a war room scenario where you monitor various assets but it was badly implemented. The tie in to the ending choices was unnecessary.

While I will say that the levels are the best in the series, some of the missions aren't fun (or at least aren't fun to replay). It might be a level design thing partly but mostly I think that scenario's for some of these missions while sensible might be best summarized. This is not nearly as bad as the loathing I feel for any mission level in ME1 outside of the Citadel but it could be better. ME2's missions are generally fun to play and replay (though some might rightly call the levels Gear of Wars-ey).

And now the big one. The ending. Ah. The moments leading up to it were great. From the assault on London, to the final goodbyes, to the excellent confrontation with the Illusive Man on the ruined Citadel. It was all fantastic. By the time I hear Hackett's voice, tinged with uncertainty regarding the Crucible's explicable inertness I am already so wrapped in the game, that all claims about the games awful ending seem rather unlikely.

Unlikely, but true. The ending sucks. I can't really remember much of the conversation that takes place but it was definitely a downer and on some level I recognize that it has done some damage to the universe. Not because of inconsistencies with the rest of the series (those mostly only affect the released games) but because of how it cast it's shadow on the future games games due to the dramatic changes it makes to the universe. They could be good changes but they need to be treated skilfully and with imagination (especially in the case of the 'synthesis' option). In any case, it is going to be a different Mass Effect from the one we know (potential very much so depending which choices become canon). Like if Star Trek effectively became BSG or some other similarly excessive change.

Outside of the massively disappointing ending and those other minor quibbles the game is a class act and the best in the series, as far as I am concerned.
  7. Jan 15, 2014
    Look, the main reason people hate this game is because of the ending, and... yeah, it sucks. I can sum it up without even spoiling it: red, blue, or green. Then there was the Day 1 DLC with Javik, the complete failure to get Talimancers like me to shut up with Tali's lazily photoshopped face, and the watering down of the third to make it a 3rd person futuristic Call of Duty game.

But...
    I still loved this game. So much awesome... even if the action is overdone, it's still awesome. Game Play; fantastic. Soundtrack; fantastic. Characters; fantastic. Story; fantastic... until those last ten minutes, of course. This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but this is fantastic. Expand
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    Overall I enjoyed this game and the prior series. I've played it multiple times as a new game and importing a previously played character from ME1, ME2, and ME3, and as a male and female, and that had full Paragon and Renegade so I got my moneys worth out of it.
    What I found disappointing is that not all of the choices I made in ME1 and ME2 affected my ME3 character. For example: I know
    I destroyed the Collector base, but in my imported game it said I saved it, and the illusive man even mentions it in conversation that I saved it, but I know I destroyed it.
    I also didn't like they way they changed the look of Ashley! She looks like Miranda.
    I didn't have a problem with the graphics or sound. I think they were good. I don't recall if there was music, but if so I usually turn off the music in my games so I can't comment on it.
    I bought and downloaded the weapons packages only to find out that in some of the missions you get better ones, like rescuing the student on the space station (where Jack is teaching, if you saved Jack) so that DLC was a waste of money.
    The searching for minerals was rather tedious, but better then ME1's way of collecting them.
    And the other DLC missions should have been part of the game or at least free to download/add on.
    I'm really torn between giving this game a 7 or 8. I'd like to give the game a 7.5. Maybe I'm cheap, but I'm going to give a 7 just because the DLC weapons, additional uniform, and mission should have been part of the game or available for download.
  9. Jan 2, 2014
    This is an amazing game. The immersive single-player actually includes characters you feel something for, and the choices you make impact the game heavily. The best thing id say about this game is the customization of powers and weapons. The ending is good, the only problem with it is its 3 different endings that actually end up with all the same outcome. The game might as well have said "what colour would you like the destruction of the universe to be?" After 3 great games, it ends with shephard dying for his galaxy, even though he didnt really need to die? Oh well, lets see what mass effect 4 has in store for us. Expand
  10. Dec 27, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 has one of the best written stories i have seen in a game. It is an epic and interesting story throughout and has very good dialog. The game play is good and it keeps things interesting. You can level up different powers depending on which one you like best. All in all, it is one of the best games i have played and probably THE best.
  11. Dec 17, 2013
    MASS EFFECT 3 is an excellent game with a top notch story, gameplay and the presentation is phenomenal. Bioware couldn't have ended the Sheppard trilogy any better. Throughout its 12 hour campaign i never got bored and just wanted more, the game is vast and you will have a lot of locations and planets to visit before the finale on earth and the ending is spectacular but not to everyone's tastes, which i understand. Its a (A,B,C) ending with very little differences but it was well written, even with the extended cut version there were still plot holes which need explaining big time Expand
  12. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics are starting to look a little out dated but there are moments where they look amazing. Mostly when there’s blue lighting. 9.0.
    Sound: Professional Bioware voice acting as you know it, themes were great. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay feels a little more casual than usual, although it is very similar to Mass Effect 2 (at least for my character). RPG elements are
    similar, but the game doesn’t need any tweaks, it seems just fine. The problem with the gameplay is that it gets way to repetitive, and I went ahead and did every mission available. It feels like a chore at times, and some moments that are meant to be scripted events, look only decent. In my opinion they should have left the scripted events to the professionals at Naughty Dog, but there are still okay moments, but nothing that will drop you out of your seat. Mass Effect 2 was better in almost every way. The way the game builds relationships is a lot more strict than in the previous game. Still with some of those cons, Mass Effect 3’s gameplay is still a must play, especially those like myself who transferred their saves since the first title. 8.5.
    Story: The story was a pretty good story, and near the ending it did get ridiculous but it was still okay. I didn’t really understand all the outrage just because of the ending, it was still a proper way to end a trilogy assuming that was Biowares goal. 8.0.
    Lasting Appeal: The game is still worth the buy, I clocked almost 30hours, doing everything. 10.
    Overall Score: 9.1 out of 10.
  13. Nov 12, 2013
    This is definitely one of the best games i have ever played, and personally one of my favorites of all time. The story and characters are above average in fact they are the best i have ever seen in any game to date. There is so much emotion in the dialogue, the action is intense, well presented, and cinematic. The choices your character makes are more impact full. There is one instance in the game i won't spoil for anyone but it involves the Geth, and Tali, and one of the choices made me feel so much emotion i almost cried. Fortunately i ran into very little glitches. My personal favorite character from this game other than commander Shepard is The Illusive Man voice by Martin Sheen, he is well voiced, and character is well written. Now the only other problem with the game that i found was there were less companions, but each were interesting so that didn't bother me that much. For the people who say the ending ruined the game it didn't yes the original ending did not solve much it was just inconclusive but did not ruin the whole game. The ending did not interfere with my experience because overall the writing was extremely strong. There is a massive amount of content in this game. It took me Thirty plus hours. Overall i give this game a Ten, and it does not mean that the game is perfect it just means the pros far outweigh the cons. Expand
  14. Oct 9, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 is the epic conclusion of one of the most ambitious, memorable, amazing stories in modern media. The lore is rich, but relatable and accessible. In this, the 3rd installment of the trilogy, Commander Shepard (the protagonist) is tasked with confronting a massive threat to the galaxy while being tasked with forging tenuous alliances with other races that aren't on the best terms with each other.

Compared to earlier Mass Effect games, the combat has been refined. The controls feel responsive and crisp. I no longer felt as though Shepard was dragging a piano behind him as in previous games. You're also able to roll, which makes a huge difference in this game given the faster paced combat and more intelligent AI (e.g. they will flank you and bust you out of cover). In addition, power combos have been enhanced. To me, it's one of the things I love most about the game play. You have the ability to inflict more damage by hitting an enemy with a particular power (e.g. telekinetic/mystic, tech-based and grenadier for the uninitiated) and then following up with another special power that creates an effect that adds more damage and potentially causes collateral damage to nearby enemies.

In addition, I really enjoyed seeing how the story arch does take into consideration your choices from the previous installments. While some of these past choices only affect minor aesthetic aspects of the experience (e.g. you see some generic character in a particular role than a character from Mass Effect "one"), others have implications that extend to the epilogue (e.g. the fate of a particular race). Be warned, if you've grown to care about any character from these games, then you will cry. Often. Most of these tears can be attributed to direct shots to your heart via non-exploitative nostalgia and very touching/tender moments.

The music score in this game is epic. Clint Mansell (frmly Pop Will Eat Itself, Trent Reznor buddy, Grammy nominated composer of the score from "Black Swan") lends his talents and provides some of the most heart swelling pieces I've ever heard. Not to mention the amazing talents of Sam Hulick. I cannot tell you the number of times I've listened to the main soundtrack....

As for the technical aspects: Great graphics and sound. Yes, there are the occasional texture pop-in issues (which can be minimized by installing the game) and the odd glitches that range from peculiar to downright unnerving. There's one glitch that I consistently encounter in the game with every play thru that played a role in me scoring the game a 9 versus 10. It's not game breaking, but more immersion breaking. It doesn't last long, but it will haunt your dreams...

Overall, the critical/story advancing missions where fun and fast paced; however, I wish there were more opportunities to explore as opposed to being compelled to push forward. While in retrospect, I've regarded the Mako-based missions from the first game to be a bit tedious; having played through it again I have to admit that I kind of miss them and the sense of scale that being able to explore a sandbox brought to the experience. However, one has to weigh that against the overall sense of urgency that the game creates, both inherent to the plot and with nice little music tricks (e.g., more frantic movements in the music which gets your heart racing).

Side quests for the most part, are relegated to "Fly here, scan this planet, collect item, bring back to someone in the Citadel". This was a truly missed opportunity to have more fleshed out missions and combat. Also, War Assets, gained by completing missions and helping other races' militaries/leadership, are a pretty neat way of ensuring people complete as many side quests as possible to get the "best ending"; the threshold for getting the "best ending" is easily attained. This is especially true if you play the fantastic, though simplistic multiplayer, and if you play any of the DLC.

While speaking in superlatives about this franchise has become esoteric controversy w/in the more ardent rank and file within the Mass Effect fanbase, ironically, these words are the best way I can express my opinion of this game and the franchise overall. Despite some of its short comings, I was more than satisfied with the experience, from beginning to end and I highly recommend it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you have the Extended Cut downloaded. It makes a huge difference in the ending of the game so I would say it is essential.and it's free. Furthermore, though not essential, I recommend that "From Ashes", "Leviathan" and "The Citadel" DLCs be purchased. These are fantastic pieces of add-on content for those who can't get enough of the lore and character interactions. Omega is an ok piece of DLC, but it feels more like an option than any other DLC in the franchise.
  15. Sep 20, 2013
    This game is the best possible way the Mass Effect Trilogy could have ended. Although the characters and story are so nuanced that it takes a player with a real attention to detail to get the full experience, this game has very few shortcomings. At the outset, ME3 impresses with solid mechanics, great visuals, and carefully executed dialogue. This really is the best combination of shooter and RPG that I have ever seen. The game takes great care to make your character feel like yours, moreso even than games like Skyrim or Oblivion. When played to the extent to which it was intended, Mass Effect 3 offers deep sentimental attachments to a multitude of characters, as well as a story that, although slightly predictable, is so involved that it is rendered unforgettable. Expand
  16. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes the endings were dissapointing, but they came out with a DLC for it. The Reapers are extremely intimidating and cool. Their sheer power makes you realize just how much the galaxy depends on every choice you make. Its the best game in the series, dont let a lackluster ending discorage you. Alot of people expected more for an ending to such an epic series like this, but no game is perfect, just because the ending was bad doesn't mean the whole game is horrible. Anyway, the graphics are great, but the facial motions are very off at times. It has much more humor thanks to EDI and Joker cooperating and joking among eachother and everyone else. To enjoy the game to it's fullest, play the first 2 then play this one, an imported save will greatly increase your enjoment of this wonderful game. The characters are still amazing and we even get some new characters to bond with. This game is just, wow! Just dont play it on Soldier mode, its horrid. Expand
  17. Aug 30, 2013
    All the stops have been pulled out to make this the best Mass Effect yet with improved graphics and visuals making the cut scenes all the more enjoyable. Added depth in weapon customisation, improved audio and more information than you can ever need or want to read. A wealth of back-story and information on races and planets is also available for anyone who likes that kind of thing. The voice acting and scriptwriting is great, as has become standard for Mass Effect and the AI has been improved to make combat more intense and challenging than ever. Expand
  18. Aug 27, 2013
    A huge disappointment. The game was clearly put together in a rush and EA made it blatantly obvious, if you have been following the Mass Effect series since the first game then you will know that it is a very well written space drama that got you immersed within the first hour of playing the first 2 games yet whilst playing Mass Effect 3 the immersion was destroyed on numerous occasions by various mistakes e.g. sprites that have been placed that have no reason for being there and on one occasion a sprite that just walked around in circles.

I wouldn't suggest this game to anyone as I know it is a poorly made third-person and its bad enough to make fans of the previous games cry.
  19. Aug 19, 2013
    Mass Effect is to games as "The Godfather" is to movies, it will be one of the few to be remembered by future generations.

I could ramble on about the great graphics, intuitive game-play, and fun multi-player, but I will not, as that would distract you from the greatest draw of the game. It is a literary masterpiece, an epic of our times. Full of rich characters, grave loss, and hope.
    (Think Braveheart)
    . Many people dislike the ending to the story, much as many despise the classics of literature. I think the main cause of this is that the ending fills you with grief, something very few games can do. The fact that it causes you a negative emotion in the first place shows that there is literary power here.

This is not game of the year people, this is the ending to the series of the decade. It's been a hell of a ride.
  20. Aug 17, 2013
    At first, I gave this game a 9 for the fact that the music wasn't as rushed as ME2 majority of sounndtracks, for their aesthetically-compensating atmosphere, the moderate depth in characters' feelings about the Reaper War and the improved gameplay movement, flow, speed and resolution, although the power recharge system is still there which was kind of a bummer since ME2 you can't constantly use powers without having them all charging just to use one power. And the soundtracks were absoulute emotional originality! However, despite thinking and thinking more about how MUCH potential this game seriously had, I realized that the EA gaining full control of the franchise after ME2 was just middle finger to veteran fans and a cynical step TOO FAR! The flaws are established; The villains weren't at their most authentic evil, like Kai Leng, who I thought was a superficial rather than a dangerous assassins, Harbinger not getting enough establishment at all, Sovereign was by far the most terrifying verbally and villanous character in the trilogy from ME1, no planetary exploration and instead like ME2, you get an even worse and less captivating side missions just to prolong the original game time, storyline was the main crap that was a bloody punch to the face by Bioware to all of us ME fans, the vaguely rushed, inexplicable and confusing endings were just a mockery to the entire trilogy!! Bioware needs to get their magic back that once manifested in ME and ME... ME3 just had NO diversity in missions, not enough ndifferent enemies, and the most ridiculous of them all, is on the Insanity mode, you instantly get cheap deaths by three randomly stupid husks and a ridiculously annoying Marauder shooting at you while your Shepard is annoyingly shaking from the targetting system, preventing you to kill that last idiot! Bioware just shoved their heads down with EA, not enough impact from decision making from the previous ME and ME2 decisions, although the Javik and Citadel party DLC's were fun, this was just overall bullcrap to me. Satisfactory for gameplay, but replay value for story and real gameplay is no worth whatsoever. BIOWARE MAKE MASS EFFECT 4 COUNT whatever you tend to call the next game! Expand
  21. Aug 2, 2013
    I can't believe how stupid 90% of the reviewers on this game are being. This game, no this series, is the pinnacle of video games inception into mature, well thought out story telling and emotionally jarring character building. The tension and the moral choices, combined with the stellar voice cast and excellent writing, help center the finale of this game series with a bang, creating some of the hardest decisions that I have ever made in any video game. I literally cried when both Garrus and Tali, who I had gotten very attached to, died in that final rush, an result to the well put together characters, and the bonds that you gain with them. The ending, while similar either way, ties the series up beautifully, and on top of that, possibly TOPS the last two. When I say that, I am mostly referring to the lack of customization that you are all complaining about in the ending from the vast amount of choices you made. To be totally honest, you never really saw the results of your choices in the previous games, until you played the next one. In the first game, you didn't see the results of saving the council really take effect until you met them in the next game. So stop complaining, and enjoy the end to one of the best RPGs that I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Expand
  22. Aug 1, 2013
    The ending was terrible. Even more frustrating was the companies response and lack of care. I could go on and on about the lackluster ending and the fact that even with the Extended Cut it doesn't do your character justice. He has defied the odds only to die. Another Trinity type character. They kill Shepard off, bring him back, just to kill him off again.

BioWare says they're
    listening... As long as its what they want to hear. Expand
  23. Jul 31, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 refines the combat and action of the previous games and presents a conclusion to the story with plenty of memorable moments and tough decisions. However, the pacing dulls a bit, the game becomes repetitive and predictable and the ending, while good in concept, was poorly executed. Not the best in the series, but in the end, a decent game nonetheless if you can overlook the flaws.
  24. Jul 26, 2013
    Casey Hudson ruined Mass Effect. The ending is terrible, but the combat mechanics are simply awful. Tapping a button to get into and out of cover is buggy and more often than not doesn't do what you need it to. The third person camera does a terrible job of maintaining a clear view and often clips into the wall. Mass effect 3 is a perfect example of how EA ruins games. It is no wonder the founders of BioWare quit during the resulting Mass Effect 3 outrage from the players. It is silly really a game marketed as allowing you to tell your own story was ruined because an egotistical (seriously, go look at his web page), childish Casey Hudson wanted to end the story his way denying players what they loved about the game. Like a petulant child, Casey Hudson locked out the other writers to make his own ending and as an EA employee put it, "it shows". Couldn't agree more. Way to alienate a core fan base, tarnish what was a successful IP, and further prove to players why EA cannot be trusted. Even the extended DLC content doesn't fix the plot holes in the ending. It is simply a few more lame slides, that don't really improve anything. Expand
  25. Jul 26, 2013
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    game never buy it is very gay hfejrbv,mjwnvkci8nrwnjekyvtc hunjekmvfygbnhujkml,fvgybjunh'lvfyghuioklhuyijoklp6rftghuyijko6tyhu7koipl;[6tgy789ui0o-pf6gtyhujiokplhuyijokl
  27. Jul 22, 2013
    First of all I've never actually played the game. BUT! Since its release I've had so much fun reading the reviews I honestly believes it DESERVES a 10/10 score. Every time I feel down or bored I come on Metacritic and feel alive again! I think Bioware never realised it but they invented the Mass Comedy genre in a night. Some of the reviews here are pure gold. Seek for the "fistula" one, it's left-hemospheric exo-plasmatic. To all the reviewers here, a HUGE thank you! You made this game awesome! :D Expand
  28. Jul 13, 2013
    Ok i need to write this to contribute to raising the score to what Mass effect 3 deserves. does it deserve a full 10 no it does not but does it need TWOS AND ZEROS IT HAS BEEN GETTING? NO! I GET THE ORIGINAL ENDING WAS BAD BUT STOP PUNISHING THE WHOLE GAME FOR IT! Ok i'm calmed down again
    pros: combat is improved and more fluid, the graphics are good and backgrounds are excellent with
    reapers blasting ships into pieces in space and invading planets, arguments in the street you solve show how the reaper invasion and Cerberus have effected the galaxy, on the galaxy map reapers can attack you giving some life to the galaxy map, it added multiplayer, the return of all of your favorite characters with awesome moments thanks to grunt legion and mordin, extended cut fixes the ending all you people hating on the game because of it. the story is still interesting
    cons: it added poorly done multiplayer, I admit it the original ending was dissapointing and there should not have even needed to be a 1.85 GB ending fix at all, the quest system no longer gives updated objectives or any help were to go for searching for war assets i need to use the wiki to know where to go for quests that were not considered important enough to be marked on the map, multiplayer micro transactions (it is EA) multiplayer online pass we all really "love" pay to play
    so there you go i have given this game the justice it deserves. while the original ending is disappointing the game itself is amazing and i recommend it to all fans of previous games and even some other people. Now I ask you a question would you rather have a bad game with a great conclusive ending or a great game with a disappointing ending. the answer is quite obvious
  29. Jul 2, 2013
    I have to say, the first 95% of the game, leading right up to the very last 15min or so, was excellent. Gameplay was improved, and I actually enjoyed the war asset strategy much as I had enjoyed the overall structure of Mass Effect 2. And this is why it is so astonishing how the final sequence is all it takes to make this very good game into a very bad one. All the excitement that had been building up over the course of the game, and also it's two predecessors, is extinguished immediately and in the worst way, leaving you with the inescapable feeling of being ripped off. The worst part is that there is absolutely no closure to any aspect of the story. The ending didn't just ruin Mass Effect 3, it ruined the entire series. For this, I can not justify any other score. Expand
  30. Jul 2, 2013
    Sure the ending my not be the best we could've asked for.. sure the decisions we have made doesn't mean much when the end comes our way.. but aren't we missing the bigger picture of how a game can bring out all these emotions? I love the Mass Effect series all the way up to 3, a trilogy that will be talked about for many more years to come..

1. May 12, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an emotional rollercoaster ride with lots of tension and moving moments. The threat of the Reapers make every decision a hard one and your relationship with other characters will be tested. This, in combination with tight gameplay, makes this the complete experience.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    As a bombastic action-RPG with no previous context, Mass Effect 3 is a dark, engaging game with great combat, a well-written story, and all the epic space-opera you could want. But for those who have played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, it's something much more.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    The storytelling itself, the more refined combat, the voicework, the visuals, et all, stand as a fine example of some of the best this industry has to offer, and with my minor complaints aside, there's no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will be deservedly at the top of everyone's list come this year's award season.