5.7

1. Mar 7, 2012
    Bear in mind that I am about 7 hours into this title as I write this review. I am not waiting until I finish it, because I refuse to waste one more minute of my time on this game. I could not be more disappointed. It all started when I could not import my ME1+2 character face into the new game. This is a recognized bug which is being addressed. I'm not forgiving them for it becauseBear in mind that I am about 7 hours into this title as I write this review. I am not waiting until I finish it, because I refuse to waste one more minute of my time on this game. I could not be more disappointed. It all started when I could not import my ME1+2 character face into the new game. This is a recognized bug which is being addressed. I'm not forgiving them for it because they new about it well before release and chose to do nothing. And it's a horrible way to start a STORY based RPG. It's like watching your favorite TV show for years only to have them replace the main character with another actor in the final season. The Story, (Which is the main reason I play Mass Effect) is terrible. I won't give away anything here which makes it very hard to explain why it's so bad, but I dont understand how you can go from being the Galaxy rock star Shepard from the end of ME2 to this pathetic lowlife that starts out in ME3. And the dialog options are redundant. There was one point where my only 2 dialog options basically said the exact same thing. I'm paraphrasing here, but the options were something like, "No way in Hell!" and "Over my dead body!". I guess I'm not allowed to agree with that NPC's statement.

Holstering your weapon has been removed. While this may not sound like a big deal, it really is. In the game environment there is a ton ammo, datapads, medpacs and all sorts of things you need to find and pick up. Since your toon is stuck in a rifle ready position, it makes it extremely difficult to find these objects. In the old games, holstering your weapon would open a free camera mode that would allow you to examine your environment. To me, this is an extremely frustrating aspect of this title. It's almost like a wannabe Gears of War. The Roleplay aspect of this game has been replaced with yet another crappy 3rd person shooter.

This game has been "dumbed down" to satisfy the masses...unfortunately you are screwing over your initial fan base on the hopes that a new fan might pick up your games finale. I'm not sure what happened to the Bioware I've loved since Baldur's Gate, but I'm sure many of the poor decisions that went into this game were heavily influenced by their new EA overlords because this company hasn't been the same since that buyout.
  2. Mar 7, 2012
    This score is based on the view of the build up to Mass Effect 3. If Mass Effect 3 was a stand alone title, with no prequel or setting up of a sequel, then I'd give it maybe a 5. But this game is utter trash as far as gaming standards are concerned.

First off, the gameplay experience is weak. Is it fun? It's time consuming and better than doing homework, sure, but is it actually fun? Not for me, I am sure plenty of drones will enjoy this game for what it is, but looking beyond it, it's just a 3rd person shooter, with a leveling system, and a plot-holed filled story-line. And here comes the problem and why anytime I reach the point where I can say: This game isn't that bad, I realize that this game has a story and it's insulting my intelligence.

Mass Effect 1 set up this neat little plot/mythology about Reapers and their times in history where they'd come out and wipe everything out. Through the entire game you kind of feared the Reapers, if not, out right terrified of the idea of them. There are tales of how merciless and prompt they were, wiping out civilizations in a matter of moments. They seemed omniscent. Pretty good stuff.

Mass Effect 2, it did nothing for the plot really, but at least it had some fun forever-alone stuff you could do in it. Like continue developing relationships with characters, explore, etc. And the Reapers seemed to be scarcely mentioned.

Now in ME3, the Reapers are finally here, in the hour of twilight. And what do they do? They suck at their job. They come off as inefficient. They seem like machines given AI to wipe out stuff, but in a rather slow and terrible fashion. I won't spoil anything, but yea, the Reapers, for having this reputation of being amazing, are terrible at everything, even dying.

Sure, if you play it as a game, most everyone will like this. If you play it with the mind set that you want to play a video game worth your/my money, and you have an ounce of intelligence, you will find this game disappointing on all levels. Bioware has proven to not care about you, being innovative, or ethics.
  3. Mar 19, 2012
    This was my favourite trilogy until the last 10 mins. The last 10 mins just undermined and completely destroyed a franchise. The rest of ME3 is absolubtely stellar but the last 10 mins have just absolubtely eviscerated my will to play these games ever again. Rent - do not buy.
  4. Mar 8, 2012
    ME3 killed the franchise. The plot is linear and it lacks of depth. Decisions you made in ME1 and ME2 do not influence any story structure of ME3. The only outcome of those decision is the boring "readiness" value. Totally disappointing ending and epilogue. Why the reaper keep the extinction cycle? Most puzzle are not answered in ME3. The Crucible? It's totally a story disaster, whichME3 killed the franchise. The plot is linear and it lacks of depth. Decisions you made in ME1 and ME2 do not influence any story structure of ME3. The only outcome of those decision is the boring "readiness" value. Totally disappointing ending and epilogue. Why the reaper keep the extinction cycle? Most puzzle are not answered in ME3. The Crucible? It's totally a story disaster, which killed the atomsphere of the whole plot. Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2012
    You simply can't please everyone with a game as anticipated as this, it is the end of a very deep trilogy, and it simply can't make the mark. Everyone expected something different. This game has flaws in it's story, but as a game it is good.

To summarize, the story is good, if not somewhat linear. However this may come out of necessity to finish the story. While plot holes are noticeable and some pieces donâ
  6. Mar 8, 2012
    I really like the campaign setting of the world, and first and second part, I took great pleasure. But the third part ... it's a nightmare.
    The second part was good, even if it had some flaws. They were small and inconspicuous. Here they just did catch the eye.
    Shepard. The hero, twice saved the galaxy, put ashore. What the hell? As the Alliance could write off the hero of the galaxy, and perhaps the spectrum at the beach? But okay, the plot error. But the animation is running, oh, I do not want to see ...

That boy, burn him in hell. Yes, he died. It is sad. BUT WHY THEY CURSE OF NIGHTMARES! I am extremely furious when Shepard was walking slowly on the forest. Just do not Mass Effect, and The Path.

An incredible stubbornness of quarians. No matter what the galaxy is almost captured the reapers, WE WREST HOMEWORLD URA-A-AA COMRADES!

And, of course, the ending. It's just terrible. Damn you, writers Bioware! Boy catalyst, oh, that was invented. You have killed the game. You burn in hell.
  7. Mar 8, 2012
    This game is a DISGRACE to the Mass Effect series and Bioware are a DISGRACE of a developer. They have totally ripped the RPG elements out of this game to make it a FLASHY BANG shooter for the ignorant mainstream and have betrayed their loyal fanbase. The dialogue with squad members all gets the Kasumi/Zaeed treatment which is a DISGRACE to RPG fans. All this series is now is a mediocreThis game is a DISGRACE to the Mass Effect series and Bioware are a DISGRACE of a developer. They have totally ripped the RPG elements out of this game to make it a FLASHY BANG shooter for the ignorant mainstream and have betrayed their loyal fanbase. The dialogue with squad members all gets the Kasumi/Zaeed treatment which is a DISGRACE to RPG fans. All this series is now is a mediocre third person shooter without ANY of the RPG elements that made this series successful. I absolutely hate Bioware now and will be boycotting them from now on. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. The 'professional' critics have been bribed to give this game high scores. IT IS A DISGRACE TO RPG's. Expand
  8. Mar 8, 2012
    I don't think the game really did anything special to begin with. The space opera story is here yet again with an uninteresting plot and dull characters. I don't see any appeal in saving the galaxy in a poor made game with dialogues that are too dumb and unfunny and with lack of anything interesting going on. It's like watching a crappy movie at 4 a.m. and not giving a s*** about what'sI don't think the game really did anything special to begin with. The space opera story is here yet again with an uninteresting plot and dull characters. I don't see any appeal in saving the galaxy in a poor made game with dialogues that are too dumb and unfunny and with lack of anything interesting going on. It's like watching a crappy movie at 4 a.m. and not giving a s*** about what's going on! Action is subpar and, you know, there is just nothing that could save this crappy game from being a total disaster. Expand
  9. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had to wait a few hours after finishing the game before writing a review because I wanted to take some time to look back on ME1/ME2 and be as fair and objective as possible when collecting my thoughts on ME3. This game is amazing in several ways: (1) dialogue between familiar (and to some extent unfamiliar) characters feels more real and natural, (2) combat is a lot more interesting and, in some scenes, more challenging than both ME1 and ME2, (3) the cinematic scenes depicting various key events in the story are visually engaging and easy to connect with emotionally, (4) the romance interactions between Shepard and his/her LI is a vast improvement from both ME1 and ME2, and (5) the overall visual element of the game (the Citadel, the new worlds that you visit--Rannoch and Thessia for example, and the characters themselves) made it really easy to immerse yourself in the game. Having been a huge fan of ME1 and ME2, I was happy to see that Bioware came through in these areas. I had moments where I laughed, moments where I felt giddy, and plenty of moments where I cried (e.g., Thane's death). That being said, I was incredibly surprised at how much the ending affected me. Up until the very last moments in the game (I would say up until the part where the destroyer reaper vaporizes people around you while you painfully drag yourself toward the beam), I would have given the game a 10/10 hands down. I would have bowed down to Bioware for telling the greatest story ever told. And then there was the ending: (1) The number of plot holes left is an insult to the bajillion hours that I invested in the first two games, (2) the Deus Ex-style ending completely chaffed my soul, and (3) I received next to NO closure on all of the relationships that I've been building up until the point. What happened to the people on the citadel (e.g., Bailey, the council, etc.) What happens to my team? What happens to the two squadmates that I took with me in the final battle scene? What happens to the races that I just spent hours trying to unite in hopes of a more relevant and fitting ending? I loved the Deus Ex ending in Deus Ex because it fit with what the story was about up until the end; Mass Effect was more than just a morally ambiguous thought exercise on organic vs. synthetic existence--it's SO much more than that--so why condense it all to that? I don't need Shepard to live in the end (and I certainly don't need a happily-ever-after ending where nobody dies and everyone is all smiles at the end of the reaper invasion), but I sure as hell was under the impression that I'd have the choice. I put so much thought into paragon vs. renegade, which is arguably the main driving force in the plot up until the very last scene, and it seems like no matter what you do you are boxed into an ending that's uncomfortable, unclear, and unnervingly disappointing. I was amazed at how emotionally connected I felt to the Mass Effect series, and spent what felt like an eternity looking forward to the final part of the trilogy. In terms of ME3, I felt completely satisfied with the exception of the ending, which seemed totally out of place and unnecessarily broke my enthusiasm and passion for the game. Do I hate the entire series now because of the way it ends? No. Will I deny that all 3 games are amazing in multiple ways and have allowed me to be a part of an epic story? No. Can I jump on the 10/10 bandwagon for ME3? Absolutely not, because the ending of such a huge story is critical, and in my opinion it was an epic fail in this game. If I could go back in time, I would probably have not played the game past Shepard's last speech to his/her team--at least at that point you were excited/terrified/scared, but you also had the hope that other characters instilled in you, and the hope that you spent so much time instilling into other characters. So in the end, I can't give this game a positive review, although it kills me to know that it would have been such an easy thing to do if the ending had (a) more variation and more of an actual decision-making component to it (such that all endings aren't essentially the same--I know there is room for argument here, but I maintain that it can all boil down the same basic ending), (b) incorporated more of the choices that you have been making for the past three games, (c) more relevance to the personal side of Shepard (e.g., how Shepard has evolved over time and who Shepard has become), and (d) more closure on all of the characters, relationships, and decisions that you just spent three games experiencing. You almost did it, Bioware. So close and yet so far. Expand
  10. Mar 8, 2012
    People do not listen to the trolls, I can guarantee they haven't even played this game or any of the Mass Effect games. Mass Effect 3 is an amazing, breathtaking, epic, emotional journey that deserves to be in the list of the greatest games ever made.
  11. Mar 8, 2012
    Most of the game is amazing:
    -Good combat
    -Great atmosphere -Amazingly done little details -A lot of very emotional moments -Some of the toughest and most heart wrenching decisions I've had to make -Thoroughly addicting and enjoyable (until the end). So-so stuff: -Slightly too much autodialogue. Not a huge deal though. -Effect of many previous choices given mention but not explicitly
    Most of the game is amazing:
    -Good combat
    -Great atmosphere
    -Amazingly done little details
    -A lot of very emotional moments
    So-so stuff:
    -Slightly too much autodialogue. Not a huge deal though.
    -Effect of many previous choices given mention but not explicitly detailed, left to your imagination (works for some)
    -Dialogue ranges from great to cringe inducing

The horrible:
    -Ending is some of the worst writing/storytelling of all time. NOT because it is a "sad" ending. Because it comes out of nowhere and makes no sense. It would take an essay to detail everything that is wrong with it. 90% of the game is awesome. By that measure, I could give it a 9/10. But endings are important.

Worth buying and playing.
  12. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me just start off by saying i don't give a damn about the co-op, the single player has always been what I've purchased the game for (so this is a review of the single player). I've owned every single mass effect game since the very first one and i must have replayed them at least 4 times each (excluding this one) to get the perfect ending so that it could transition the perfect way into the next game. i even re-bought them on the computer so i could relive them again and make even better choices for the next game. the problem with this game is the fact that most and yes i mean MOST of the choices you've made throughout the previous games are either changed in the case of the Councillor i chose or completely discarded in the case of almost everything else. starting up this game i was really annoyed that they completely removed the idea that the (now) Admiral Anderson was ever the Councillor (and that's who i chose because Udina is a prick) it just erases you're choice and assumes you chose Udina so that he could betray you. as for the conversation mechanic (i first noticed this in the conversation with the illusive man where he decides he wants to control the reapers) the dialogue options are no longer choices to be made, it is just choosing how you word you're response (with only a few exceptions that don't really matter during the course of the game like: cure the Genophage or tell people you cured the Genophage and everyone belives you, like you cured the Genophage!), there is no more save him/ kill him its now "tell him to leave/ yell at him he needs to leave" and that continued to bug the living hell out of me for the rest of the game. as for the paragon/ renegade levels i despised the fact that you cant use a mixture, you go heavily one way or heavily the other, otherwise you dont have a high enough level of them to do anything with them starting about half-way through the game. not to mention that there we're a grand total of 0 paragon/renegade choices or interrupts that made a difference throughout the game ie: Kia Leng, he stabs at you, renegade interrupt you break his sword and then stab him and then say something/ no interrupt he misses and you stab him saying the same thing and doing the same motion as before. the followers were a disappointment as-well; just seeing alot of the followers and not being able to use them, or even see them more than once or twice throughout the game (excluding the last level where u see all of them, one at a time through a projector in a little conversation where there is one dialogue option each like: encourage/ remind what is at stake) and the fact that they killed off several of my favorite followers without giving me a choice to do anything about it really REALLY destroyed alot of enjoyment for me. one choice that i remember makes a difference is one between two followers. Tali and Legion, whichever one you choose wins, and the other one (along with their entire species) dies and there is no way to mediate it is very straight- forward "pick me or all the Geth die/ pick me or all the Quarians die" personally i went with tali and i guess that was the "good" choice but i felt like an **** because all the Geth had just said something along the lines of "Hey bro we're gonna help you out because your'e nice n'stuff" so i respond with "kill all Geth. as for the ending of the game, it took a grand total of ONE choice from the game (excluding the ending choice itself) and slapped it in there not any choices from any other game in the series but the one choice that made a difference the one Tali Vs. Legion, and guess how they acknowledged it, when the HD cut scene ends it shows the Normandy crash after being hit with a blue or red explosion (depends on the ending you chose), joker get out, and then your choice gets out... that's it. as for the ending choice itself you have the choice "between wiping out all synthetic life (and dying)" or "controlling the reapers(and dying)" and the only difference between them is: (control) the reapers get hit by a bluish explosion thing and then fly away / (destroy) the reapers get hit by a reddish explosion and fall over. overall it made for a very anti-climactic end to the series (or at least the Shepherd part of the series) Expand
  13. Mar 8, 2012
    WOW. That is the only word capable of summing up my feelings. People who compare this to Call of Duty have a few screws loose. Such a comparison is insufferable, as this game is so far ahead of anything Infinity Ward has ever made that it's unbelievable.
  14. Mar 9, 2012
    I was a big fan of Bioware ever since KOTOR but i'm afraid that ever since they paired up with EA they've been making poor choices and as much as i loved Mass Effect 1 and 2 i have to say ME3 is the biggest disappointment in all the video games i have played. I actually really enjoyed the game up until the ending part that really makes me wish i never played it. All the endings are superI was a big fan of Bioware ever since KOTOR but i'm afraid that ever since they paired up with EA they've been making poor choices and as much as i loved Mass Effect 1 and 2 i have to say ME3 is the biggest disappointment in all the video games i have played. I actually really enjoyed the game up until the ending part that really makes me wish i never played it. All the endings are super depressing which means all the decisions you made in this game and last two games were pretty much useless, don"t even get me started with the day 1 DLC. Expand
  15. Mar 9, 2012
    Before playing Mass Effect 3 , i went through the first two installments once more with a completley new character in order to have the "Mass Effect" expirience fresh in my mind and for better or worse i could judge ME 3 better comparing it to the previous games so here are my 2 cents :
    This game confuses the hell out of me in terms of quality , there where plenty of moments where my jaw dropped as the story progressed , and there others that felt out of place , forced upon me (but the bad ones weren't that many in my opinion).While the quality of the story is good , it feels like i've taken more of a backseat in this 3rd game because it is more streamlined (a thing that i do not understand , this was the chance for BW to go all out on decision making since its the last game , and didn't have to worry about the hellish writing that would have entailed into making a 4th installment) .I could go on for some time about the pro's and cons but to make it short : The story is fantastic , the score that accompanies it is marvellous , there are a few plotholes that will annoy fans of the series , don't think will bother those who just want to play this last one.
    The gameplay mechanics are decent , but ME was never supposed to be about the shooting part , they've put in some more rpg elements (not that much really) but its still better then ME2 in that area.
    The graphics are good , definetly not ugly taking into consideration its based on a 7 year old engine.
    The score as i said previously , is fantastic the voice acting is what you would expect from the previous games ( Great) but seems less of it . To be fair , i knew that Bioware had a tough job in front of them in wrapping up this trilogy , they set the bar high with the quality of the previous games and an ever harder job pleasing the fans (myself included) regarding the end of the trilogy . While the game indeed wraps up this fantastic series , and answers many questions it also raised new ones , leaving me longing for more , as such i believe this game should have a place in your collection because it definetly deserves it , but at the same time it does leave you "hanging" .
  16. Mar 9, 2012
    overall , if you haven't play the previous series, me3 looks badass. but if you did play me1 or me2, then me3 is bull****. Graphics: can't believe this game uses unreal engine (GOW, Batman AC, unreal tournament3,bulletstorm, etc), well at least why don't you bioware put destructible environtment into combat?it has physX ins't it?. luls movment (either in combat or exploration) animation,overall , if you haven't play the previous series, me3 looks badass. but if you did play me1 or me2, then me3 is bull****. Graphics: can't believe this game uses unreal engine (GOW, Batman AC, unreal tournament3,bulletstorm, etc), well at least why don't you bioware put destructible environtment into combat?it has physX ins't it?. luls movment (either in combat or exploration) animation, awkward face animation (they still using faceFX, peh), ugly textures. Combat : forgiven, but still annoying movement animation ruins it all. Story: bull**** from beginning till I die. First time in menu , i choose "action" so i could save the role-play storytell later. I said" wtf, cutscenes and flows are sucks" hmpf, maybe because i choose "action" so it's like options for retarded who chooses muscle over brain. okay. but when i try to play "RPG" like it should be, " wtf! it's sucks otherwise". so it doesn't matter what you choose, its bull****, conversation are forced into useless lines, this is like encourage people to do sexual harrasmnt, and they enjoying it, and what the hell happened to my previous crew? they're all KIA? Overall, DISAPPOINTING!!! forgive my rudeness, but mass effect franchise deserve better than this. this is why some people chose illegal copy instead. i gave ONE for the bravery bringing battle to earth. Expand
  17. Mar 10, 2012
    The Game is disappointment. This concerns poor writing, dialogue, robotic delivery of lines. You are funneled though the game; the sense of important choices from 1 and 2 is gone, which invalidates those two superb games. The combat is also not well done; even if it resembles 2 it is much more random, the enemies are attacking in hordes and show incredibly poor AI, the one thing that makesThe Game is disappointment. This concerns poor writing, dialogue, robotic delivery of lines. You are funneled though the game; the sense of important choices from 1 and 2 is gone, which invalidates those two superb games. The combat is also not well done; even if it resembles 2 it is much more random, the enemies are attacking in hordes and show incredibly poor AI, the one thing that makes them dangerous is their sheer number and power bar. They also get boring fast (A million husks! Incredible!) Somehow, maybe due to poor mixture of reload times and squad reaction, the combat itself does not work very well, 2 was way better and did not have this crappy balancing of powers and weight of weapons. The overall sense I get from this very dissappointing third entry is that its rushed and heartless, it showcases violence and sexuality in a way thats obnoxious and caters to the casual player. All in all this is not worth buying, the one thing that saves it is the high production values (though wasted) and sheer spectacle of it. This is what Matrix Revolutions was for the Matrix Trilogy: It forgets about 1, ridicules 2 by ignoring any plot points made in it and thus renders the whole series ineffective. I still hope I will wake up, Mass Effect 3 will be coming out tomorrow and be good. But it really is not; and its not because of trolling but because it is a mediocre title. Sad decline! Expand
  18. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ultimately no matter what path was chosen, what actions were taken, who lived and who died, at the end of this journey, all that remains is your ship and your crew abandon you. The first 95% of the game is amazing, its everything I hoped for and more. The last 5% is the biggest slap in the face imaginable. If you have invested 100's of hours from the first game until this one, you will be left stunned and appalled that none of the choices you made, none of the battles you fought, nothing you did in those 100's of hours ultimately pays off in any of the three endings you can pick from. With the three endings and the DLC on day 1, EA/Bioware show that fan support means nothing more than a dollar symbol to them. While most of the joy lays in the journey to the end of the game, there is no replay value at all in this game, because no matter what journey you take, the ends are all ultimately the same except for color variations and if synthetics live or die. Expand
  19. Mar 10, 2012
    If you are a Mass Effect fan, DO NOT play this game. After building to what looked to be an incredible, epic conclusion to one of the best videogame trilogies of all time, Bioware has instead released an utter disappointment. While combat and characters may be decent, the horrific ending ruins the entire mass effect saga.
  20. Mar 10, 2012
    The ending to an epic trilogy stretched out through 5 years. The build up, the emotional investment, the fun from playing... all is taken away by an ending sequence which doesn't even bother to be longer than 5 minutes. Your choices affect nothing, Your accomplishments are meaningless. Even if you manage to prove them wrong, you're not given a chance to state that. This is an RPG game.The ending to an epic trilogy stretched out through 5 years. The build up, the emotional investment, the fun from playing... all is taken away by an ending sequence which doesn't even bother to be longer than 5 minutes. Your choices affect nothing, Your accomplishments are meaningless. Even if you manage to prove them wrong, you're not given a chance to state that. This is an RPG game. The plot is one of its main components, hell, they even added a narrative mode, where the fights are brain-dead and Shepard can tank missiles forever. To end the trilogy in this way is a joke. It just feels like Bioware suddenly decided to screw over the fans giving them a deus ex machina ending where your decisions don't matter at all. Expand
  21. Mar 11, 2012
    If you're wondering why this game is so divided in its review scores, it's simple. The people who haven't finished the game are giving it 10's, and they are right to do so - 99% of this game is as damn near perfection as any other game on the market. But when you reach that last 1%, you will realise why this is getting review-bombed. The ending, put simply, is bad. Very bad. Not evenIf you're wondering why this game is so divided in its review scores, it's simple. The people who haven't finished the game are giving it 10's, and they are right to do so - 99% of this game is as damn near perfection as any other game on the market. But when you reach that last 1%, you will realise why this is getting review-bombed. The ending, put simply, is bad. Very bad. Not even 'Matrix Revolutions' bad, I'm talking orders of magnitude worse than that. A quick look at Bioware Social Network will show you the amount of people who have had Mass Effect effectively ruined by the ending. And the fans do deserve better, but more importantly this trilogy of incredible games deserves better. It deserves to go out on a high. So if you're reading this, Bioware employee, DLC. I beg of you. Charge 100$ for it if you like; maybe that's what you planned all along. But do something about it. Expand
  22. Mar 12, 2012
    In the weeks leading up to the 9th of march I was so excited, I was driving my friends crazy counting down the day's to the release of Mass Effect 3. I was a huge fan of the series, but that all changed after playing through Mass Effect 3. This game has broken my heart, everything I loved about the original game gone, all the choices made in the previous games were for nothing. TheIn the weeks leading up to the 9th of march I was so excited, I was driving my friends crazy counting down the day's to the release of Mass Effect 3. I was a huge fan of the series, but that all changed after playing through Mass Effect 3. This game has broken my heart, everything I loved about the original game gone, all the choices made in the previous games were for nothing. The graphics are mediocre at best & although I am not bothered if a game has great graphics as long as the gameplay is amazing. I can honestly say that this game has no replay value whatsoever, Mass Effect has always given you the option of choice. That was it's main focus the reason so many people were drawn into the series but this game has gone against everything that Mass Effect is. Mass Effect 3 is just a 3rd person shooter with a leveling up system that follows a linear storyline. Everything that made no1 an amazing RPG has been ripped away & fed to the verran, I am amazed because Bioware claims to listen to it's fan base but clearly that is not true. The game was clearly rushed out & I am amazed that any testers working on the game could miss half of the bugs that are in the game. The multiplayer is okay but it is also rather tedious especially when your character chooses to take cover rather than revive a downed team member. As far as i'm concerned this game does not even deserve a 1 from me, I am heartbroken over this, I can not believe I wasted my money on a collectors edition. If Biowares intention was to enrage & alienate it's entire fan base then it has succeeded yet again, first Dragon Age now Mass Effect. I can honestly say that this will be the last Bioware game I ever buy I am not willing to see them ruin yat another amazing game series. Expand
  23. Mar 14, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 takes the relationships and choices you've made through the series and wraps them up in an emotional and awesome experience. I wanted to hate this game, just like most of the people here, but it just did such a fantastic job of making me feel real emotions for the choices I made and the characters I've grown to love since the series birth. The story arcs within the game areMass Effect 3 takes the relationships and choices you've made through the series and wraps them up in an emotional and awesome experience. I wanted to hate this game, just like most of the people here, but it just did such a fantastic job of making me feel real emotions for the choices I made and the characters I've grown to love since the series birth. The story arcs within the game are fantastic on their own.

As someone who hates the second game, I can say without hesitation that Mass Effect 3 makes a great close to the series, even if only for the emotional reunions and choices. If your a fan of the series, and have grown to care for its cast of characters at all, this game will invoke emotions that few others can.
  24. Mar 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While most of the game was good. Many plot holes, killing of characters and not being able to save them unless you romanced them in ME2 like Miranda was bogus. Having your LI and crew mates mysteriously appear on the Normandy and the Normandy in a hyperspace jump for no reason and crash landing on a planet for no reason makes no sense. The endings were horrible 7 endings all the same only 1 where Shepard survives and none where she/he ends up with the crew or LI in the end. Shepard essentially just gives up and lets the AI controlling all the reapers tell her/him what to do. This is an insult to fans of video gaming and Mass Effect everywhere. Yes many parts again I say were good but just killing off a character because you didn't romance them was seriously stupid. If you befriended them, got their loyalty in ME2 then you should have a shot at saving them. Yeah... This game doesn't deserve such high reviews from users or critics. In fact it deserves to be thrown in with the worst games of the year because Bioware had 2 years to develop this game. They had 2 years to give us proper endings and instead they just told the fans to go screw themselves they no longer care about us. In the end your choices mean nothing. In the end if you romanced Liara and got the dialogue option to have little blue children with her means nothing. In the end when you tell your LI you love them it means absolutely nothing because your Shepard can't spend the rest of her/his life with said LI. Really bad writing and really bad execution overall. Then there is the auto dialogue, the lack of conversation wheel options that are replaced with renegade and paragon interrupts... They destroyed the series they built and then they have the gall to say "Oh play multiplayer to get the best ending" which is still a crappy ending. And they say "we can still use the universe for more stories." Well there won't be anymore stories without the mass relays since they are destroyed in all but 1 ending. Only way to do that is to set the next game up in the far far future where there are new ways to travel at FTL speeds or in the past before Humanity was in the galactic picture. Either way the game endings have screwed us over. Then there are the romance scenes between FemShep and Traynor. Traynor is in the shower in her underclothing. NO ONE showers like that unless drunk and someone is helping them. Then FemShep enters in her clothing too. That is shoddy romance scene right there. Use artistic filtering and have them out of their clothing but not showing any naughty bits. They can do that easily. Then the one with Liara and FemShep where Liara has no under clothing on but FemShep does. They could have easily removed said under clothing and easily made the naughty bits not seen by anyone. They did it in ME1 and the Traynor/FemShep scene there wasn't much breast shot in the bra anyways so it could have been done there too. Again... poor execution. This game should not have been released in this state. Bioware you've lost a customer. Expand
  25. Mar 11, 2012
    Bioware just positively GUT PUNCHED every fan of this game. The whole series was a dream sequence? Really what a freaking cop out! And to get the best score you HAVE to play the IPAD and Multiplayer version? Money grubbing SOB's
  26. Mar 13, 2012
    I first thought that people were trolling the user scores on Metacritic. Unfortunately this third installment of the game blows big time. If this was a standalone product I would give it a 7 (it's not utterly rubbish when compared to games like Rogue Warrior or Brink). However as a game that is supposed to be a Mass Effect game I am giving it a big ZERO!
    This game does not live up to what
    This game does not live up to what it says on the tin.
  27. Mar 16, 2012
    I loved the Mass Effect Series. I wouldn't call myself a completely hardcore gamer but I have stepped my amount of gaming through the years and I owe that to Mass Effect. It was refreshing to see a game with a great story and good characters. Mass Effect 3 is no exception. The writing and dialogue is top notch. The voice acting is fantastic. The game story starts with a bang theI loved the Mass Effect Series. I wouldn't call myself a completely hardcore gamer but I have stepped my amount of gaming through the years and I owe that to Mass Effect. It was refreshing to see a game with a great story and good characters. Mass Effect 3 is no exception. The writing and dialogue is top notch. The voice acting is fantastic. The game story starts with a bang the simmers for a bit. But once you hit the 15-20 hour mark it really takes off. I felt like the quantity of scripted dialogue was greater than I'd like but once the story gets good you forget about it. I personally think the combat it much better. Enemies are smarter and the mechanics, while still slightly unforgiving, are much smoother than in previous iterations. The level design is top notch, with Mass Effect benefiting greatly from becoming a vertical game. The customization for your powers and weapons is brilliant. Mass Effect 3 is really a perfect blend of the first two games. What prevents this game from being a perfect 10 is the ending. The last mission is great but the aftermath of your decision is full of plot holes and doesn't make sense. When I first saw an uproar over the ending I thought it was fanboys not getting the ending they wanted and whining about it. Well I was wrong and they were right. It's not that the end was completely terrible, it is just that there is little variation between the three endings and I part that is consistent through all three (provided you have a high enough galactic readiness) comes out of nowhere and doesn't make sense. I do hope Bioware releases a DLC with an alternate ending of some sort. I was very disappointed. However, don't let the ending scare you away from what is really and awesome game and worth playing. Oh and while its stupid to have a $10 DLC, From Ashes is really worth it. Though to be fair it should of been added to the game to begin with. Expand
  28. Mar 13, 2012

No, the ending is so not perfect at all. For those who say it is perfect, you are clearly biased and didn't even finish the game yet.
  29. Mar 11, 2012
    Ugh, made my first review ever on Metacritic, and gave ME3 a 5/10, but forgot to set the slider. So the text of the review says 5/10, but the review itself is 10. So I will make this a 0/10, to average the two out to 5/10, which was what I intended.
  30. Mar 12, 2012
    If Bioware hadn't rushed this out, and put in a proper ending, then I wouldn't have created an account just to voice my displeasure. As it stands, Bioware destroyed several hundred hours worth of enjoyment in all of thirty minutes. They took a series that has, from the beginning, been grounded in enjoyable science fiction, our choices having impact, and a powerful main character thatIf Bioware hadn't rushed this out, and put in a proper ending, then I wouldn't have created an account just to voice my displeasure. As it stands, Bioware destroyed several hundred hours worth of enjoyment in all of thirty minutes. They took a series that has, from the beginning, been grounded in enjoyable science fiction, our choices having impact, and a powerful main character that consistently defied the odds... Then they turned said main character into a braindamaged invalid unable to question orders of a random star-child-god-thing. They removed any actual choice, as in the end each ending is just the same thing with different colors. Science fiction went out the window for random crystal-crazy metaphysics and some omnipotent star-child.

First Dragon Age 2. Then issues with TOR. Now, issues with a finale I have been waiting years for. No, I don't think I'll be buying anything from Bioware again. They can talk all they want about EA not having changed them... But there's been a lot of bad since they came along.
  31. Mar 12, 2012
    The ends are shameeee!!!!!!! Why i built my own Sheppard and my own décision during 3 episode, for finally nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont say more, its so scandalous, Bioware with EA , its the end of a part of rpg world, now welcome to call of duty rpg , multiplayer, lot of dlc included on dvd , take decision for... nothing, if you want an alternative ending buy the next dlc ending .
  32. Mar 12, 2012
    I didn't like how the game had day1 dlc, but that the only thing i didn't like (and btw if u just change an ini file u can unlock the dlc) anyways everything else is good about this game, multi-player is good, single-player was awesome, except how the multilayer affected the single-player, anyways i loved almost everything about it, even the ending, a real ending to a game for once.
  33. Mar 12, 2012
    Worst ending ever. Mass Effect has been ruined by this game. Hat's off to Bioware for destroying one of the most emotionally stimulating series of our time.
  34. Mar 13, 2012
    It was a fantastic ride right up until the last 15 or so minutes, when Bioware must have decided we had been given 2 happy ending in a row, so now we have to pay. It was kind of like having the best Christmas morning of your childhood ruined by the Manson Family busting down the door after the last present is opened, and then stabbing your mom and dad to death in front of your eyes withIt was a fantastic ride right up until the last 15 or so minutes, when Bioware must have decided we had been given 2 happy ending in a row, so now we have to pay. It was kind of like having the best Christmas morning of your childhood ruined by the Manson Family busting down the door after the last present is opened, and then stabbing your mom and dad to death in front of your eyes with the kitchen utensils. Given the horrible feeling this game left me with, I can not in good conscience give it anything like a high rating. Sorry. Expand
  35. Mar 12, 2012
    Bioware lied about the ending content and EA has their shills in the video game "journalism" industry pumping out propaganda at a frantic pace. Too bad the damage has been done.
  36. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. PLEASE READ. I first wanna start by saying I understand everyones disappointment with the ending. But thats not why I'm writing this, I dont want to sit here and feed you line after line of clever ways to say the ending was bad. So to kick it off, first the graphics are the main reason i gave this a 9/10 in fact i wouldve done a 9.5/10 but this obviously isnt a .5 scale. The reason for this is that although the major portion of the graphics are good you'll soon see that there are some framerate issues (and i played on the 360 with the discs installed on my harddrive) not only will the game be framerate glitchy but it will also have sound cut in and cut out during cutscenes. Now theses problems obviously can be overlooked but the reason they "muddy" the experience is because overall the game is soooo impressive and when you add in these framerate issues and graphical hitches it easily stands out. Now for the story obviously you know the gist of it by now. (Reapers attacking Earth, and the rest of the galaxy, you play as Commander Shepherd and have to gather other races to help you defeat the Reapers blah blah) now what Bioware has done with the story in this third installment is very impressive. From the writing to the voice acting and the way its delivered is all top notch. My only problem with the story though is..yup you guessed it, the ending. NOO im not going to put down the ending harshly like everyone else has. But i will say FAIL BIOWARE. I'm not tryin to "hate" but obviously once you get to the ending you find that there are 3 different choices you can make..AND STOP!..first off why have RPGs adopted this "choice" fettish at the ending of theyre games (Fable 3, Dragon Age, Fallout etc..) and expect the player to approve of them, we get it we made choices throughout the whole damn game developers, now roll a cutscene that puts all of our choices into affect and sums up the story and allows our ending to be distinctly different from other players. Was that hard...i dont think so. Its not that the ending is broken i mean it sums up the story descently but i couldnt help but feel as i walked up to those three paths on the Crucible, that one of my favorite game franchises was giving in to the "pick a path and see what happens" kind of ending. So i think thats enough of "dogging" the story. But i wanna say one thing to people who think the ending ruined the triology. If you think thats true you arent a true Mass Effect fan, if 15 minutes of a 200 hour overall experience (combining all 3 games) ruined the series for you..I feel sorry for you. Mass Effect is an amazing franchise and deserves all the praise it can get...And a quick little suggestion if Bioware changes the ending. I suggest releasing a free DLC ending that if you like it you can enable it to override the current ending and then play through the game with the new ending. Thanks for Reading!! Expand
  37. Mar 12, 2012
    Great game! Heavy competition for game of the year. Awesome multiplayer.
  38. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't come here to flame. I don't want to rant. I just...I don't really know what to say. I'm hurt, I'm disappointed, and I wish desperately that the game could have ended any other way. Everything else about the game and the series was quite simply, amazing...but the end.

To say it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth is an understatement. As a fan of the series since the moment I picked up the xbox controller and started playing Mass Effect back in 2007, I really just can't feel anything but dissatisfied. Mass Effect was and still is my favorite game of all time. Mass Effect 2, less so (removal of many RPG elements, etc.) but that aside, Mass Effect 3 rekindled my hope that the series may end on a high note after all. The whole theme of the story was hope and survival. To fight, or find another way when there seemed to be no other option. So when the ending of it all boiled down to 3 horrible choices, I was crushed.

There were so many moments in this game that made me feel something. Made me feel connected to the characters. Whether it was the depth of Shepard's love for Liara, his brotherly comradery and heart-to-hearts with Garrus and Kaidan, or his hatred for Kei Leng and the utter crushing blow of the defeat at Thessia, I felt something. And the dream sequences! They were a beautiful and haunting representation of what the stress must have been on Shepard. But through it all, there was emotional attachment and investment. I felt connected to Shepard. I was vicariously saving the galaxy. As a game design student, I can't overstate how incredible that is. That I became so attached to these characters, to this galaxy, so invested in this game. It was nothing short of incredible, but the same cannot be said for the ending. The ending made me feel too. It made me feel sick. I felt physically ill from the moment Shepard was blasted by Harbinger to the very end of the game. All that hope and sheer force of will...for what? For Shepard to just die like that? He deserves better. The galaxy deserves better. But he stands. He's still alive, if barely. There's still hope right? Then the Marauder. They're just toying with me now. Drawing out this agony. Why?! Then the Citadel. Anderson. I almost had to expect that to happen. I can accept it with a heavy heart. But I did all I possibly could to secure a good ending. But he can't reach the console. He can't be dead. So close. But wait. A light. Now he's on top of the Citadel...ok. Maybe there's still hope. The little kid? What is this? This is the Catalyst? Some cosmic force that created and controls the Reapers. That instantiated the cycle of extinction you're fighting against. And you're supposed to take him at his word when he tells you what to do? Just like that? No "find another way"? Shepard just takes this thing that's tried to kill him at its word and believes in what it has to say?

And it all came down to those 3 horrible choices.

Go back on everything you stood for and try to control the creatures you swore to destroy, ending your own life in the process.

Somehow re-write the DNA of every living thing in the galaxy to achieve synergy with the synthetics? I'm not even going to go into how ridiculous and impossible that is. Oh yeah and that one kills Shepard outright too.

Or, you can shoot the tube-thingy and kill the Reapers. Everything's cool right? Oh wait, that one kills all the synthetics in the galaxy. You're now effectively betraying EDI and dishonoring Legion's memory, not to mention screwing over the Quarians in their effort to settle Rannoch once again.

Oh and to make this choice even more horrible and heart-crushing, every choice results in the destruction of not only the Citadel, but all the relays, effectively destroying the galaxy as you know it. The government will inevitably collapse and all the species are now stranded on Earth, where they fought the Reapers, or on their own homeworld or colony, cut off from the rest of the galaxy.

No matter how you slice it, the end is a defeat. The galaxy is doomed without the relays.

And then you get to watch color-coded cutscenes with very little variation. Joker leaves Shepard for dead on the Citadel, uncharacteristically fleeing the battle and somehow, Liara, who was with Shepard on the ground, is now stranded with Joker on some alien planet, doomed to a slow death when the Normandy crash lands.

And the best ending this game can muster for all my efforts acquiring war assets and galactic readiness? Shepard, god knows where, laying in some pile of rubble...takes a breath. How? How would he have survived the explosion on the Citadel? Where the heck did he end up? I don't get it. I'm utterly crushed by how horrible this ending is.

Had the ending been good, I would undoubtedly have given this game a 10. It was a masterpiece...until the end. It's like the Mona Lisa...with black paint splashed across it. I'm heart-broken.
  39. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ruined a series I've been on love with since the reveal in 2007. NONE of the choices from the other games matter because you get the same ending with three different colors. The characters that you have established relationships with and have come to admire get no closure in this final installment.

While I have shelled out a small fortune buying these games on multiple platforms with all DLC i can truly say that I am sad this one took advantage of the fans. You are forced to play the multiplayer to boost your single player campaign strength (sneaky DRM trick EA has pulled) and day 1 DLC. The third installment also pushed for "gay" romances. There is nothing wrong with the fact that they added this into the game but they did not do a good job because it was not subtle at all. It's the in your face aspect that takes away from the atmosphere of the previous 2 games and feels completely out of place and forced. The ending will leave you dumbfounded and angry. That being said DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME and take your money elsewhere.
  40. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The capstone ot the Mass Effect trilogy does not end with a bang, but rather a whimper. You chase the impossible, beating every enemy in your path, you save (or condemn) entire civilizations, but in the end none of it matters. With a beam of light (you choose the color) the galaxy dies, the saga ends and your every hope comes to naught. Save the Geth, kill the krogan, renegade or Paragon, you will see the same choices as any other permutation of Shepard. What happens after the finale is anyone's guess as the game ends with a subtle command to "Buy the DLC!". There is no closure, there is only shiny lights and a ghostly child. Expand
  41. Dev
    Mar 13, 2012
    Mass Effect 3's ending is the greatest disappoint to any series but what's worse is that I paid for it. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone unless bioware fixed the ending. No one should pay for disappointment.
  42. Mar 12, 2012
    Such a waste of a good series. This game is just simply terrible. Sprites and stock photos in a AAA game? Thats unforgivable. however the nail in the coffin for me was the fact that none of your choices matter at all. Massive disappointment.
  43. Mar 13, 2012
    This has been some ride, since Mass Effect first grabbed my attention. I have played through every bit of the first two games, and loved every minute. Now the final comes, and I feel equal parts excited and sad. Sad that it will have to end, but thrilled to get a chance to play it. And it does not disappoint. The emotion - always the strong point of Mass Effect - is brought to anotherThis has been some ride, since Mass Effect first grabbed my attention. I have played through every bit of the first two games, and loved every minute. Now the final comes, and I feel equal parts excited and sad. Sad that it will have to end, but thrilled to get a chance to play it. And it does not disappoint. The emotion - always the strong point of Mass Effect - is brought to another level. The characters that I have come to care so much about are even more fleshed out. And the goosebumps at certain points of the game...well, I won't spoil. Just get it. Expand
  44. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I preordered this game. I got it, started playing it, and within about 2 hours of playing it I was satisfied. BioWare streamlined and improved every system, including missions (although some were hard to do because they weren't on the galaxy map), and they brought back the Citadel with a number of new really cool areas to check out. Dialogue seemed so much more casual than it had been in the first two games, and in my opinion it was acted and animated better. Any character that was still two-dimensional after ME2 was made three-dimensional, and every character that was three-dimensional after ME2 was so multifaceted you could believe that they were real. For example, the whole interaction between Shepard and Garrus was just priceless. Garrus used to be just another companion in the first two games, but in Mass Effect 3 he became something like Shepard's best friend. The rest of the characters, like Tali, Ashley, and James were very well-developed. Even the Prothean squadmate had his moments. I felt like the romances in this series were also so much more real. I kept Liara as my love interest from the first game, and there was a lot more emotional talking going on than just plain sexy time at the end (that happened too, aw yeah). The plot was pretty freakin sweet, I loved the Tuchanka mission and the Rannoch mission... but man those decisions can be hard. I thought the combat system in this game was better than it had been in the first game (of course) and Mass Effect 2. I really enjoyed Mass Effect 2's combat but at times it seemed altogether too easy... it seems that BioWare improved the AI for ME3. The option of heavy melee is ingenious because there are so many times in the game when you're going to be in a bind. I appreciate the unlimited sprint... well you kind of need it on Tuchanka. The guns feel a lot better, the powers feel a lot better... weapon upgrades are great, armor upgrades are better than ME2's. Oh did I mention there's a **** **** of guns to choose from? Sweet stuff. Conversely, the end of the game was disappointing. The game led the player to believe that every choice would have its unique conclusion to the story, but that never happened. It's really sad to see something that could have been one of the greatest RPG's ever made kind of flop because the ending was lackluster. The multiplayer can be tough getting into it, especially if you fight Reapers or something (don't do it, just don't) but it pays off once you get a good team and get something cool (Krogan warrior or the Widow) and makes for a generally fun experience. This game is pretty freaking cool. The ending sucked, but it's definitely worth playing again with a different experience. I don't know why people posted bad reviews on here the day that the game came out, because you obviously couldn't have finished the game in a single day, and if you did, you didn't pay attention and subsequently the game sucked for you. So boo hoo, go play COD and keep the tissues and vaseline nearby. Expand
  45. Mar 13, 2012
    Just finished the game and I have to say i'm thoroughly content. Both sad it's over and ponderous about the ending. The entire game just felt like a giant pay off for all your choices from the previous games. Most notably the Geth/Quarian war, (if you weren't able to save both then your simply a heartless bastard). I'm going to enjoy talking to people about the choices they'd made and howJust finished the game and I have to say i'm thoroughly content. Both sad it's over and ponderous about the ending. The entire game just felt like a giant pay off for all your choices from the previous games. Most notably the Geth/Quarian war, (if you weren't able to save both then your simply a heartless bastard). I'm going to enjoy talking to people about the choices they'd made and how it'd played out for them. I'm not really sure what people are saying when it comes to all your choices come to naught in the end. 70% of this game is watching your choices play out. Sure eventually the consequences boil down to a score about your fleet, but I by the end all the major plots have been satisfactorily laid to rest. This leads me to conclude that all these negative reviews are being written by whiny, entitled people who are terrible at having realistic expectations. I'm sure there are people out there who could have written a better ending in there heads. But I'm sure that for most all they have is a faint notion and nothing could ever come close to living up to it. Expand
  46. Mar 13, 2012
    I loved this series! I've put so many hours into the each of the games, hearing that they will all factor in during the grand finale. However, this was not the case. The story telling was good in this game the same as it was in all the others. Until the ending. *spoilers* Once i reached the ending i was given 3 options. All pretty much the same. No matter what combination of War AssetsI loved this series! I've put so many hours into the each of the games, hearing that they will all factor in during the grand finale. However, this was not the case. The story telling was good in this game the same as it was in all the others. Until the ending. *spoilers* Once i reached the ending i was given 3 options. All pretty much the same. No matter what combination of War Assets achieved. You could beat this game with 0 War assets and have the same ending I did. Also, the choices I made were not reflected at all. Which was Biowares big deal for this series. I am severally disappointed. On the good side. Combat was amazing the best its been in any of the other games. But that's about the only plus side to this game. Very Sad. Very sad. Expand
  47. Mar 13, 2012
    Great until you reach the end. No real closure to the series, nor is there the emotional gravity that is present throughout the rest of them game. The game is absolutely incredible on every other front, but the ending breaks the experience for this one. Sad to say that what should (and could) have been the gem of the series turned into its downfall.
  48. Mar 14, 2012
    Of all the games I have played, individual or continual, Mass Effect tops them all. And though know there is plenty of criticism with Mass Effect 3, I found none to speak of myself. Although the previous lead writer departed, the story (to me) remained in tact. It may have left most wondering in the end what happened. But I was content. BioWare gave me exactly what I wanted. An endOf all the games I have played, individual or continual, Mass Effect tops them all. And though know there is plenty of criticism with Mass Effect 3, I found none to speak of myself. Although the previous lead writer departed, the story (to me) remained in tact. It may have left most wondering in the end what happened. But I was content. BioWare gave me exactly what I wanted. An end to an amazing trilogy. I started 2 years after the release of Mass Effect [1]. But I continued my journey throughout. Laughed, fought, sat on the edge of my seat in wonder. Mass Effect 2, I saw my decisions (most of them, anyway) carry over. Felt like I was part of something big. Then, Mass Effect 3. The laughter and joy continued. As did the hurt, the worry. Even the sadness appeared. Can honestly say I have never cried during anything. Movies, TV. Nothing. The Mass Effect Trilogy became personal to me in the sense that these are all my decisions spanning 3 whole games. And to see it come to an end, felt good. I hope BioWare keeps the franchise as a whole going into the next-gen consoles. There's so much more that can be done. Expand
  49. Mar 14, 2012
    this game is the flop of 2012. Mass affect 1 is rather then 3. Mass affect 1 is het best.
    no more a game from bioware of EA this game is Poor writing.
  50. Mar 14, 2012
    I love, Mass Effect. It's addicting, it's funny, and the story is perfect. But will Mass Effect 3, be the best out of all of them?

Single-player: We start with Commander Shepard, on Earth. Just in time for, the Reapers to attack. So he has to go out into space, fighting Cerberus, Geth, Reapers, and build his army to stop them from, destroying every intelligent life-form in, the Milky Way. The story is, pretty simple. Gather your team, and kill the enemy. No pressure, you've been doing this since the first game. Except, it's bigger, and, youâ
  51. Mar 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. !!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
    I LOVED Mass effect 3 right up until the ending which for me destroyed the replay value of the entire trilogy, since nothing I did during the three titles mattered at all in the end. It was all for nothing. The game premise is about morality, choice and submersion. You end up caring about your Shep, your crew and the entire galaxy almost like a second life outside your daily life. I know I did anyway. The concept of the game I thought, was that the choices we made helped shape the future of you as the hero, your crew and the galaxy. That idea was blown right out the airlock during the last 10 min. or so when my Shep totally caved in and accepted Star Child's three suicide choices. My Shep would never have acted like that. My Shepherd would have pulled his gun and planted on between the eyes of that stupid IA or what ever it was..I really don't know how to finish this last sentence, because the end didn't make any sense to me..I'm not really sure what happened.. Other than that, this was by far the best game in the trilogy, if it wasn't for the lazy written ending. I wanted to give this game a score of 1 just to spite EA and Bioware, but that wouldn't be fare. So I'll give it a 3. If the ending lived up to the rest of the game I would have given it a 10 no doubt.
  52. Mar 15, 2012
    If it were a stand alone, this game would be pretty good. If you've played through from the beginning at least once (about 60 hours just to get to ME3) this game will be a massive disappointment. Until the last ten minutes it is one of the greatest games I have ever paid. From then on it robs you of any significant choice, throws out years of great writing for over-done cliches piled uponIf it were a stand alone, this game would be pretty good. If you've played through from the beginning at least once (about 60 hours just to get to ME3) this game will be a massive disappointment. Until the last ten minutes it is one of the greatest games I have ever paid. From then on it robs you of any significant choice, throws out years of great writing for over-done cliches piled upon each other and less of a playback of an investment than when Fallout 3 first came out. I have spared three of my friends the let down of this game, and would do so for you the reader. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  53. Mar 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So like many other here on Metacritic, I am a huge fan of this series from the get-go. I found this game to very engrossing and live up to the exceptions we've come to expect in a Mass Effect game. I really did enjoy the over-arching narrative that gives conclusion to many of the characters in the game. I was also pleased with the level system and the weapons upgrade and customization system. They both feel balanced, but flexible at the same time giving the player plenty of room to try out new powers and weapons without a lot of hassle. The graphics are clean and crisp although there is some rendering problems from time to time, but it's so short it's barely noticeable. I was please overall with the game, the story, and the class system, but I should touch on the subject that has polarized every ME fan: the Ending. No spoilers here, but I just want to put on record that I think the execution of the ending is what was a major let down for me, and not the actual ending itself. If you had done the game through 100% you get some interesting extras at the end credits. The ending of this series feels like the end of "2001: A Space Odyssey" both the film and the book. There is this interesting technological philosophical idea that Bioware is attempting to play with at the end that they have been trying to get at for the past few games. Bioware is trying this idea out in an interesting form, but the execution falls flat for me, but this is a little glimpse of hope out there for Shepard's end that may come in the form of more DLC. Aside from the ending of the game, I couldn't have asked for anything more out of this game. Given all of the hype and build-up for the last 2 years this game wasn't going to live up to everyone's exceptions and this wasn't going to be a perfect game by any means. I enjoyed my play-through of the game and it makes me pine to go back and relive all of Shepard's adventures again from the start. For those that have decided to abandon the series entirely just for the last 15 minutes of a 100+ hour series is completely ludicrous.The simple fact that the game ends on a much different note that it has created so much talk is something I find inspiring and exhilarating. I was more interesting in the story or the process than the end. I'll remember my Shepard through all narratives and friendships build up and lost. I get great joy knowing that my Shepard said "I love you" to Liara. i take comfort in knowing that Wrex is leader of the Krogans and is having a child. I also am delightfully surprised to see Tali and Garrus and EDI and Joker together. I am happy with MY STORY of Shepard. We were so focused on the destination, we completely forgot about the journey we had taken to get there. I am happy with the Mass Effect series ending, while the final credits rolled in the late hours of the night. The journey felt complete...that is until so DLC comes out and I start all over again. Expand
  54. Mar 25, 2012
    Pay no attention to the negative user reviews. Fans are never pleased. The negative reviews only criticize one to two flaws in the game and render it a 0-2 rating... Just pathetic, how could you call yourselves fans? Why are you mad at Bioware? Is it because of the ending? First of all the ending is the work of the writer, the final 10 minutes is where the poor writing starts, and I admitPay no attention to the negative user reviews. Fans are never pleased. The negative reviews only criticize one to two flaws in the game and render it a 0-2 rating... Just pathetic, how could you call yourselves fans? Why are you mad at Bioware? Is it because of the ending? First of all the ending is the work of the writer, the final 10 minutes is where the poor writing starts, and I admit the ending was a letdown, but I still love BioWare and I still love ME3, so if you should criticize anyone then attack the writer regarding the final 10 minutes. Bioware has forged this magnificent story and lore for us all to enjoy and yet many of you attack them for minor details, I am ashamed to even think they are a part of the fanbase. Many loyal fans and I included still appreciate ME3 and all the story + lore shared by BioWare and I am not going to let some silly ending bring me down, give the scores the game deserves. Expand
  55. Mar 15, 2012
    I love the Mass Effect series. I loved Mass Effect 3. The pacing was near genius and the story was stirring. Your interactions with your crew and others was fantastic. The gameplay was a great middle of the road between ME1 and ME2 allowing for more customization without inventory overkill. This game kept me up later then intended and took up a quick 30 plus hours of my life. As I watchedI love the Mass Effect series. I loved Mass Effect 3. The pacing was near genius and the story was stirring. Your interactions with your crew and others was fantastic. The gameplay was a great middle of the road between ME1 and ME2 allowing for more customization without inventory overkill. This game kept me up later then intended and took up a quick 30 plus hours of my life. As I watched characters I've grown to love appear and react to all the decisions made in my previous 80 hours of time in ME1 and 2 I thought, "Wow, this could be the greatest epic of not only video game history, but of entertainment history." Never before has something with this much ambition been made in games.

So, why an eight?

Because, without ruining anything you receive almost no closure.

Because Bioware promised a ending that would utilize all I had done in the series, and it wasn't true.

After finishing every Bioware game I have played I immediately have want to play again. Do things different. Play as I didn't before and experience all the differences. This time though, as the credits rolled, I set down my controller and felt betrayed.

I had been promised so much and I have never been so disappointed. I heard complaints about the end before I finished and thought that it couldn't be that bad. I heard so much negative about Dragon Age 2 (another Bioware game) and I loved it. I'm on my third play in it.

Not so with ME3. I have no ambition to ever play it again. The media I feel is not being fair. I have seen these same websites and magazines kill a games score based on the ending. Not so this time. The reviews were glowing, calling ME3 a perfect conclusion.

Really?

Who remembers when at the end of star wars Luke was being electrified and Darth Vader walked towards the emperor and the scene suddenly changed to Leia and Han on Dagobah swimming in a swamp and then went to black?

No one?

Cause that's how the end of ME3 felt. You were led on this amazing journey. You reach the end only to know that the journey was BS. It felt like being cheated on by a significant other. It felt like betrayal.

Is the game a good game? Yes, very much so. The gameplay, multiplayer, and 99% of the story are amazing. That 1% that isn't?

It was Bioware screwing your girlfriend while you were at work and then texting you pictures.
  56. Mar 16, 2012
    In a sense this game is like you're on a roller-coaster and at the end your feet catch a wire somewhere and get cut off. It was fun right there till the end, and now you're just like f*** that s***. Other than the ending my biggest complaint about this game is that they totally screwed up the "Mission Journal" (those of you that have played know what I'm talking about), however that canIn a sense this game is like you're on a roller-coaster and at the end your feet catch a wire somewhere and get cut off. It was fun right there till the end, and now you're just like f*** that s***. Other than the ending my biggest complaint about this game is that they totally screwed up the "Mission Journal" (those of you that have played know what I'm talking about), however that can be overlooked. Other than that the only thing left to complain about is how much less dialog choices there are compared to previous games, but I can overlook that too given how good the game is other than the ending(of course). There's more things I could complain about, but after that it's just more being nit-picky than anything else.

Also contrary to popular opinion the day-one DLC is not actually crucial to the game, it certainly adds to the experience, but it needs to be criticized for being overpriced more than anything else.

In summarization: the game is almost a masterpiece up until the surprise Cleveland Steamer you get at the end.
  57. Mar 16, 2012
    Most of the negative criticism about this game is comming either from homofobs or the ones who didn't like the ending. Although the storyline and the atmosphere could have been better, the overall impression is great.
  58. Mar 19, 2012
    When I see all these glowing reviews by game websites giving it nigh perfect scores, its glaringly obvious that their integrity and objectivity is compromised. In fact its almost comical how much the websites try and cover for its flaws. My favorite was one where they condemned bioware changing the endings because "oh its art you'll ruin it by changing the ending." I like to think that ifWhen I see all these glowing reviews by game websites giving it nigh perfect scores, its glaringly obvious that their integrity and objectivity is compromised. In fact its almost comical how much the websites try and cover for its flaws. My favorite was one where they condemned bioware changing the endings because "oh its art you'll ruin it by changing the ending." I like to think that if somehow a 6 year old drew a big turd on the Mona Lisa, the museum would do everything it could to restore the painting by TAKING OUT THE BIG TURD ON IT. What they are really praising isn't the game it is the amount of money they received in advertising from the game's publisher. Mass Effect 3's ending (because its really only one) is a slap in the face, a total disgrace to the brand. Whoever the lead writer was for the ending, and whoever gave the okay for that crap needs to be fired. Furthermore I've never encountered an ending that made me hope for a cliched "It was all a dream" sequence as much as this one. This ending is so poorly put together it is on par with the likes of Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, wer're talking total plot and lore breakdown. The final offense was the after credit sequence which just adds insult to injury. The only person that could of made a poorer ending was George Lucas. Expand
  59. Mar 17, 2012
    No previous video game series has previously affected me as much as the Mass Effect series. The first game set the series up and the second is my favourite ever game bringing the series forward with an epic storyline. This made the third in the series the most anticipated game ever for me and whilst playing through the story it duly delivered. The story sucks you in and keeps you asNo previous video game series has previously affected me as much as the Mass Effect series. The first game set the series up and the second is my favourite ever game bringing the series forward with an epic storyline. This made the third in the series the most anticipated game ever for me and whilst playing through the story it duly delivered. The story sucks you in and keeps you as enthralled if not more than the previous instalments and keeps you striving for more. However, as is mentioned all over the internet is the game's controversial end. I have to admit at first I was with the masses, angry and heartbroken that the series had done such a thing to me. However, is everything as it seems at the end? If looked at and analysed in detail the ending could be seen as incredibly clever and not just sloppy and with potential downloadable content maybe the story of mass effect is set to continue some more. The multiplayer is another new edition to the series and while it may be limited to the single mode of multiplayer it is addictive and keeps you wanting more. All in all the game is definitely one of the most memorable of all time and if rumours of an expanded ending are true it could go down as one of the best games of all time. Expand
  60. Mar 17, 2012
    The game was 10/10 until the end. The game itself had some flaws, particularly the new characters were not as fleshed out/ interesting as they could have been. But it also had some of the most satisfying, unbelievable triumphs I've ever witnessed. The Rannoch mission and its multiple conclusions convinced me that "this is the greatest game I've ever seen." Sadly, the ending killed it- butThe game was 10/10 until the end. The game itself had some flaws, particularly the new characters were not as fleshed out/ interesting as they could have been. But it also had some of the most satisfying, unbelievable triumphs I've ever witnessed. The Rannoch mission and its multiple conclusions convinced me that "this is the greatest game I've ever seen." Sadly, the ending killed it- but its still "bearable" as long as you can accept that you get the same crappy ending regardless of your choices in the previous or current games. Hopefully DLC will include more options/ more epicness for the ending. Expand
  61. Mar 17, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is a very entertaining game that follows closely the formula of ME2, but there are several MASSIVE PROBLEMS with it. I would recommend you do NOT purchase it at this time.

If you consider yourself a loyal fan of the series, and appreciated the direction of the stories in the previous games, there is an excellent chance you will find the endings deeply unsatisfying. There is currently a campaign underway to convince Bioware to add an alternative to the current endings. You can find out more by searching for Retake Mass Effect. Multiplayer is a component Bioware decided to include with this game. Normally this wouldn't be a concern for single player focused players, but a player's participation in MP has a direct effect on your SP experience, specifically the ending. Even if you are a completionist type of player who carefully goes through the game checking everything, you may not have enough of a certain score to achieve the "best" ending if you do not play multiplayer. For those without a reliable internet connection, this is a serious problem.

The day one DLC is a sore point for many gamers. While I would not call the content "necessary" for full enjoyment of the game, your squad would seem fairly bare without the inclusion of the character in this dlc, and considering the free squadmate offered very soon after Mass Effect 2's release, there is no reason this couldn't have been free as well (aside from corporate greed, which is exactly what this is).

Finally, a smaller complaint, but one I suspect many fans will be upset about. A certain character's true appearance is revealed in this game. If you are a long time fan you will know exactly who I speak of. Let's just say the reveal is quite disappointing, and it involves photoshop. All these issues (minus the MP) are based on my own opinions. I have been a big fan of the series since the beginning, and 99% of the trilogy has been an absolute blast. I don't expect Bioware to remove or change the offenses I have listed above, but I would sincerely appreciate an alternative. If you share my opinion on some of these missteps, I would again ask that you do not purchase the game at this time. Affecting Bioware and EA's profits is the best way to voice your opinion.
  62. Mar 18, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is the ending to an incredible series of sci-fi games, and it falls short of being anything but a money-grab by EA/Bioware.

Pros: its a video game. Cons: weird character animations, incredibly annoying camera angles during cut-scenes, too many FMV cut-scenes ruin the pacing, choppy frame rates, laughable and childish dialogue, hit or miss voice acting, out-dated graphics

Pros: its a video game.

Cons: weird character animations, incredibly annoying camera angles during cut-scenes, too many FMV cut-scenes ruin the pacing, choppy frame rates, laughable and childish dialogue, hit or miss voice acting, out-dated graphics and textures, generic 3rd person shooter combat is outdated and "rusty", no attempt at being "scientific" like the last 2 games, most RPG elements are gone, no holstering your weapon, barely any dialogue choices, horrible story and narrative...

here, how about a shorter list:

1. Mass Effect 3 is an incomplete, falling-apart-at-the-seams game, piggybacked onto a massively popular franchise simply to sell it to fans of the series.

2. The ending is atrociously bad...and it doesn't even fit. It makes everything you just did, every choice you just made in the whole series literally pointless.

3. Data was on the disk, removed, and repacked as $10-15 DLC on the day the game was released. This is NOT acceptable and I am never buying another Bioware game simply because of this, until they quit this nonsense. Developers will NOT extort money out of gamers, this stops now. No debate.

4. Speaking of bad game design and boycotting, I won't be an accomplice in the "Hollywoodization" of the gaming industry. Mass Effect 3 thinks its a movie: The camera angles zooming on character's lifeless faces, the narrative, the cut-scenes every 5 minutes, etc..its pathetic.

Any one of those high quality cut-scenes costs more money for developers to create, than I make in an entire decade of paychecks.

Why wasn't any of that money allocated to upgrading gameplay mechanics, instead of trying to make a friggin' movie? These scenes last a few minutes, take up tons of space on the disks, and in the end will be even more outdated in less than 2 years. What meeting did they sit down at EA/Bioware and come to the conclusion this was a good idea?

In fact, ME3 is the most pretentious game I've ever played in my life. It looks like the Titanic after the iceberg.

What more needs to be said to show that this is a shameful, "only for-profit" game by EA and Bioware?

I was a huge fan of the Mass Effect series, but Mass Effect 3 is the "Phantom Menace" to Mass Effect 2's "Empire Strikes Back".
  63. Mar 18, 2012
    what is there to say after 3 very succesfull games Bioware closes the Mass effect trilogy, i only had 2 irritating points in the game.
    1: that all the alian races you had as shepperd in part 2 are gone...
    1: that all the alian races you had as shepperd in part 2 are gone...
    2: the multiplayer, i cant tell why but i play mass effect for the story,i think the multiplayer is just a sniffing extra and i hope the creators will know that real mass effect fans rather buy more missions than multiplayer maps.
    but i dont think i need to be to negative Bioware has closed 1 of my favorite games, and i enjoyed every second of it.
  64. Mar 19, 2012
    Mass Effect 3, as a whole, lives up to the hype of what the ground breaking series has given us so far. The game improves upon its predecessor in almost every way, however it falls short on a few aspects that make this game not the perfect ten it could have been.

One aspect that this entry greatly improves upon is the combat. You now have many more ways to strategically take down your foes. With the additions of combat rolls and jumping from cover to cover gives you opportunities to dodge devastating enemy attacks and to close in on opponents in ways that were never possible before. Weapons customization gives you the possibility of making combat situations more personalized to the individual gamer's weaknesses, an element that was removed entirely from the second installment. Another great addition is the use of the Xbox 360's Kinect device. The player can now literately shout commands to their squad mates in the heat of battle. Although, one negative can be found in this during the use of the dialogue wheel. If you are having a conversation with someone in the room with you, it may recognize what you say as one of the options, and it could possibly select an undesired choice. Also, I've noticed that it sometimes will pick up conversations from the game itself, and the microphone icon will flash. Melee combat is better evolved but can sometimes be glitch resulting in missing your target entirely.

On to the RPG elements of the game next. Much like the combat, many improvements were made here, that cannot be said for all aspects though, and this is the root of many of the game's shortcomings. The skill tree in this installment is much larger and includes unique options that were not seen in the previous installments, giving players additional options to think about while leveling their characters.

The dialogue in the game seems to have taken a major hit from the previous installments. The voice acting was done very well but it doesn't make up for the lack of conversation options throughout the game. In the previous installments you can talk to all of your squad members in between missions and develop the way you want your Shepard to treat that squad member. However, in Mass Effect 3 they have greatly limited these encounters in some cases to one or two times you can choose what to say to your party. It's possible that the creators thought that talking to every party member in between missions was tedious, but developing the individuality of your Shepard is what made the series so ingenious.

Another RPG element that took a hit in the finale is the side missions. A vast majority of what would've been called "assignments" in the previous installments are nothing but fetch quests in this game. As you travel the Citadel, you will overhear many conversations, and many of them Shepard believes he should take it upon himself to help them. These always require you to fly to system and start scanning, or go to the Spectre Requisitions and just buy something. Despite it helping your overall mission, many of these just come off as unnecessary annoyances.

The reputation system within the game also seems to have taken a hit since its predecessor. Overall, it almost just seems like it was removed entirely with the exception of a few key decisions. Lastly, the biggest criticism of the game so far, the endings. Theories aside, if they are intended to be interpreted literately this is a major short coming. None of the endings really give the player any closure for a series that many people have participated in from the series beginning. Despite that, one of the selling points of the series is that every choice you make matters. The few endings of the game are all preset and none of the choices Shepard has made effect the ending, taking away any individuality you've given your Shepard throughout the span of the series. Perhaps these issues will be addressed in the near future, and this negative point will no longer be necessary.

Despite the controversy surrounding the endings, the day one downloadable content, the completely optional same-sex relationship possibilities, this game does deserve universal acclaim. If it wasn't for the few short comings, this would be strongest entry in an already very well done series.
  65. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is with a heavy heart I feel obliged to negatively review mass effect 3, I loved the series and ME3 does everything right up until the final ten minutes. The conclusion they have provided for this loved trilogy is nonsensical, leaves glaring plot holes and hammers home the fact that nothing you have done in the last one hundred and thirty odd hours of gaming makes any difference or impact to the ending, which is ridiculous in a game where the nature of choice and consequence is a key theme.

The developers made several promises in the run up to the release, mostly revolving around how your choices would impact the ending and it wouldn't be just a "press a, b or c" ending omatic, which is precisley what it turned out to be.

It is sad that the ending ruins any inclination to replay the series, if they were to change the ending into something more linked to the themes and offering a bit more choice I would be happy changing this 1 score to a 10, as up until the final 10 minutes, the game is an awesome, emotional rollercoaster, but the current ending is so bad it completely destroys it.

Follow the Retake mass effect 3 campaign, raise some money for a great charity and maybe convince Bioware to fix what could have been a great game and an amazing send off to the series.
  66. Mar 19, 2012
    The ending... is all I have to say . I have to wonder what went through their minds when making this. Did they not learn from DA2? Nope of course not because in the end when you have space magic and money who cares about the customer reaction. Very sad to see the ending of the trilogy come to this.
  67. Mar 19, 2012
    This wraps up the mass effect trilogy in a perfect way (apart from the endings) which will hopefully be patched at a later date via DLC and what have you got an amazing brilliant game Stop complaining about the ending and before you say anything i have been a fan of the mass effect series since ME1 First came out and Bioware since KOTOR. Okay now onto the ending yes I agree we needed moreThis wraps up the mass effect trilogy in a perfect way (apart from the endings) which will hopefully be patched at a later date via DLC and what have you got an amazing brilliant game Stop complaining about the ending and before you say anything i have been a fan of the mass effect series since ME1 First came out and Bioware since KOTOR. Okay now onto the ending yes I agree we needed more closure but bioware know this and who knows this may have been wanted all along to get the ending so talked about that when they release a DLC for the ending everyone will get it.
    Bioware are smart have faith!
  68. Mar 20, 2012
    I have loved the mass effect series since the first game, and Bioware had created something unique and amazing. The game was designed to be a trilogy, and it has an amazing story and unique way of playing. The third and final installment to the trilogy had some amazing gameplay and some solid action as well as recapturing some great amazing moments between your love interists. HoweverI have loved the mass effect series since the first game, and Bioware had created something unique and amazing. The game was designed to be a trilogy, and it has an amazing story and unique way of playing. The third and final installment to the trilogy had some amazing gameplay and some solid action as well as recapturing some great amazing moments between your love interists. However there are several plotholes as well reguarding some of the lore. The closure was also a very poorly executed thing is this game making little to no sense what so ever. in essense Mass Effect 3 was an amazing game but in the end fails to live up to the previous games in the series and fails t measure up to the hype. Before the ending 9/10, after the ending 5/10. Expand
  69. Mar 19, 2012
    This game was great, don't listen to the people who will whine and moan because of a flaw the game had which makes it an "automatic zero". The ending could have been a lot better, but it doesn't kill the game. I loved the smaller stories much more this time around however. In ME2, Miranda's sister didn't have any affect on me, and blowing up the old Cerebus facility for Jack just madeThis game was great, don't listen to the people who will whine and moan because of a flaw the game had which makes it an "automatic zero". The ending could have been a lot better, but it doesn't kill the game. I loved the smaller stories much more this time around however. In ME2, Miranda's sister didn't have any affect on me, and blowing up the old Cerebus facility for Jack just made her look like an idiot. This time around, I was cheering when someone was being a bad ass and ripping through the enemies and nearly cried when someone died for a cause. People look at the broad subject too much, I like games where you can get a different experience by just playing the side missions. Expand
  70. Mar 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is an absolutely fantastic experience and great achievement in sci-fi gaming, or at least the first 99% is. The endings are not as bad as most people say, but they are disappointing and are not fulfilling, and really do not give enough closure. There is little difference between any of them, however I do not think it is fair to say your decisions do not matter. Your decisions give war assets, which affect whether or not earth survives. Apart from the disappointing endings, this is the best game in the series. The characters feel more alive and are more fleshed out, the writing (endings excluded) is up there with the quality shown in Mass Effect 1, the gunplay is better then ever, and the universe as a whole is as great as in all the other titles. There are some stunning moments, and also some very emotional moments-a lot of work has been put into creating this epic experience, and there are some very difficult choices along the way. There is no way such a great game deserves 0/10, endings or not, this game is great.

There are some other flaws. The importing issue and auto-dialogue are both issues, although auto-dialogue is only really in combat missions. It is not nearly as bad as you might expect, though it does make shep feel a tad more pre-defined. (although he already is quite pre-defined) The only real hub is the citadel, but it's a decent hub. Side quests could be better. The day one DLC was also a cheap shot, and soured the taste a bit.

All in all, these are fairly minor things. This game is brilliant. The only reason I am not giving 10'/10 are the disappointing endings, which is a shame, because this series, and this game, are so good that they really deserve better. If the endings were corrected, this would get the score it deserves.
  71. Mar 21, 2012
    Great game, but slightly disappointing compared with ME2. The thing I loved about ME2 was the believable world the game took place in, the character development and the feeling that there were real consequences to your actions. ME3 has far less depth, with side quests simply being fetch quests initiated by overhearing NPC incidental conversations. I was also annoyed by how easy it was toGreat game, but slightly disappointing compared with ME2. The thing I loved about ME2 was the believable world the game took place in, the character development and the feeling that there were real consequences to your actions. ME3 has far less depth, with side quests simply being fetch quests initiated by overhearing NPC incidental conversations. I was also annoyed by how easy it was to skip passed prominent characters from ME2 without ever meeting them. (Got an email from Thane, but by the time I returned to Citadel it had already been invaded and I can only assume he died, because he never was in that hospital) The addition of multiplayer makes up for a lot of these sins, which although it is just horde mode with no pvp, I'm finding it highly addictive. I don't agree with calls to change the ending, it is what it is, but can't shake the slight feeling of disappointment it failed to live up to the promise of ME2. Still great game that I would recommend to anyone. Expand
  72. Mar 21, 2012
    just wtf were they thinking? where are shepherd's emotions for his dying "friends," and why are previous decisions just glazed over and ignored? even putting those big issues aside, the ending was one of the most disappointing pieces of garbage I have ever witnessed. you go through 3 games, 5 years total playing this trilogy and you are given 3 choices? what was the point of all thosejust wtf were they thinking? where are shepherd's emotions for his dying "friends," and why are previous decisions just glazed over and ignored? even putting those big issues aside, the ending was one of the most disappointing pieces of garbage I have ever witnessed. you go through 3 games, 5 years total playing this trilogy and you are given 3 choices? what was the point of all those other choices that were posed as "big deals," when they don't even come into play at the end? never mind how screwed everyone is at the end, the ending choices themselves end up screwing everyone or taking away from their autonomy as sapient beings one way or another! How did a game series so good just down right destroy their reputation in one fell swoop? Then there are the plot holes. I won't spoil anything too badly here, but if you have played the game then you know that there are irreconcilable problems with many aspects of the ending. these writers need to go through some kind of common sense seminar or something because this is unacceptable. My recommendation to anyone who has not bought the game is to wait and see if there are any worthwhile dlc's that come out in the future, otherwise you will be angry as a guy who was just sold a turd in the guise of a game. Expand
  73. Mar 21, 2012
    Game came out over two weeks ago now and I've been trying to decide what i think of it. While the ending felt a little forced and i felt a lot cheated it should be taken as a compliment to the game itself, one of the most moving and engaging experiences ever... perfection for any art form. just wish.... but we'll see with the DLC
  74. Mar 21, 2012
    Great game. Stunning story line and incredible graphics. The best of the mass effect series, this game is a must buy! The multiplayer is also great, but the tie to the campaign can be a pain for those without xbox live. Overall great game, competitor for game of the year 2012!
  75. Mar 24, 2012
    The ending ruins the entire series. I recommend that you avoid this game unless you want ME1 and ME2 to be ruined for you as well. Really disappointed in BioWare.
  76. Mar 27, 2012
    I purposely stayed from reading any reviews, listening to any gaming podcasts, going on any gaming websites, basically tuned myself completely out from all media involved in gaming form the first day ME3 came out on March 6th, until the day I finished on march 13th. My initial feeling of the game I just played and finished, was simply WOW! And there were plenty of those moments throughoutI purposely stayed from reading any reviews, listening to any gaming podcasts, going on any gaming websites, basically tuned myself completely out from all media involved in gaming form the first day ME3 came out on March 6th, until the day I finished on march 13th. My initial feeling of the game I just played and finished, was simply WOW! And there were plenty of those moments throughout as well. This is on a short list of games that put me on such a ride, emotionally. There is so much heart in this game, the character development is off the charts. The story was grim and the desperation was evident. As the story went on I really began to get a sense of how this would end up. Little did I know that, the result of my initial playthrough would result in one of the worst, of the possible endings, and I still accepted it, and liked it. Shepherd and these other noble heroes sacrificing themselves for the future, is nothing short of spot on. Almost immediately after finishing the game, I went to Metacritic because I wanted to see other people's reactions to the game, and what the "pros" in the industry had to say as well. Then I saw it and I was beside myself!!!! Terrible user scores and as I dug deeper into the why, I was appalled! I thought maybe, I had searched the wrong game as all I saw was a cry baby effect! Look the ending may have left something to be desired, but I will ALWAYS side with the right of the creative forces behind the art, to do what they want with THEIR art, and not with those that stomp their feet and hold their breath like loud obnoxious spoiled children. IMO, this is the epitome of all that is wrong with our society and unfortunately is becoming more and more prevalent in it. This sense of entitlement, and utter outrage when things don't go as we see that they should. Everyone has the right to make their voices heard, and they should, but there is a proper way to do it. And I really thought this community of gamers, was above the idiotic 99% mentality, when it comes to making our voices heard. Everyone of those that, IMO, went too far......hey go out and make your own game. You can make it ANY way YOU want! Just like those at Bioware can make their game anyway THEY want. Have we all really forgotten to put ourselves in other peoples shoes, for even a second and rationalize things, in the hopes of making sense of something we don't agree with? Or are we barreling down a moral slope where we just stomp our fists in anger and he who yells the loudest wins? Also, really!?!?! Zero scores form users??? Wow, I mean c'mon, even if the assertion that the ending was horrible, the other 30+ hours were amazing, or at least somewhere in the middle.
    Lastly, I just have to say that I've seen all the arguments why the ending was "horrible" and have to say I can only give credence to one and that is that it was too ambiguous. There wasn't the necessary closure and I'll get to that in a second. Thinking back on things that happened in the first two games, things the story told us, the ending makes PERFECT sense, and is one of the most well put together stories ever (in any medium). They were telling us all along how it was going to play out and it did. The clues were there all along, we just had to pay attention to them and be able to bring the memories of them back when we needed them, maybe that's why it was so confusing because it didn't (outright) spell everything out for us, but kept the heart of the game in tact right up to the final decision, in that it was always about making the best decision based on the knowledge we had about the situation and living with the consequences, or just making the decision based on what we just "wanted to do", point is it was up to the player, the information was put in front of us and it was up to us to decide 1) how to play the game, 2) how much to prepare for the final battle and 3) the final decision (along with the romances, relationship stuff as well.) But to all those that said it made no sense, it did (at least to me) and I'm good with that! I really feel sorry for you all that it upset you so much but that's life (it is) and should be dealt with accordingly. I know this series (which I hold as one of the greatest ever) took a LOT of all of us, time wise, emotionally, economically........but at the end of the day it's still just a game and Bioware doesn't OWE us anything. They, like us, can CHOOSE, to make the game how they feel it best, and we can choose to support their future projects how we feel is most appropriate. But yeah, I would have liked to see more of what happened to all those characters I came to love so much, but that's not 100% necessary either. We'll either find out (one way or the other) or I have a very good imagination and am able to think it through logically enough that I'd bet I'd be pretty close to being right! Thanks Bioware, for a GREAT game and series. It really was a wonderful ride!
  77. Mar 30, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game and thought it was an amazing conclusion to an amazing series. I couldn't help but feel how I was an active part of each and every step, and because of it it made every aspect of the game that much more enjoyable.
  78. Mar 30, 2012
    90% of this game is a masterpiece. The other 10% is so bad that it ruins the game. The biggest problem is the nonsensical, plot hole ridden, open to speculation "endings" which is really one cutscene which uses 95% of the same assets and different colored explosions. In addition Bioware used various shortcuts which really hurt the game in the end. The side quest missions weren't really90% of this game is a masterpiece. The other 10% is so bad that it ruins the game. The biggest problem is the nonsensical, plot hole ridden, open to speculation "endings" which is really one cutscene which uses 95% of the same assets and different colored explosions. In addition Bioware used various shortcuts which really hurt the game in the end. The side quest missions weren't really missions at all, more like a find a needle in a haystack type of game. There is no quest tracking, and tali's face was google photoshopped in. The cutting of corners wouldn't have diminished the rating so much as the fact that the ending negates the point of the entire series "player choice." The day one Dlc was also controversial and a money-grab. I would recommend renting the game if your a fan, and not buying it. Expand
  79. Mar 31, 2012
    A good game at first, but it has a bugged and broken quest log that can't help itself, a watered down side quest system where you just "hear" stuff while running around, RPG elements being ditched and disregarded and the ending is a borderline scam on the players. As a standalone shooter, it has a pass, but I was told I was buying a RPG where my choices mattered. In the end, the game isA good game at first, but it has a bugged and broken quest log that can't help itself, a watered down side quest system where you just "hear" stuff while running around, RPG elements being ditched and disregarded and the ending is a borderline scam on the players. As a standalone shooter, it has a pass, but I was told I was buying a RPG where my choices mattered. In the end, the game is best returned to the retailer if you have a refund option. Shame, it could have been a great game. Expand
  80. Apr 1, 2012
    This game is vastly underrated because of the controversy. It's a good game has its quirks here and there but overall a good finale game for a good series.
  81. Apr 3, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is for the most part a brilliant game and manages to balance RPG elements and Shooter mechanics even better than its predecessors. The story is for 99% of the game fantastic and concludes many of the story lines from the first 2 games. The most talked about flaw with the game is it's poor ending. the one everyone is going on about and rating the game so poorly because of. YesMass Effect 3 is for the most part a brilliant game and manages to balance RPG elements and Shooter mechanics even better than its predecessors. The story is for 99% of the game fantastic and concludes many of the story lines from the first 2 games. The most talked about flaw with the game is it's poor ending. the one everyone is going on about and rating the game so poorly because of. Yes the ending is not Bioware's finest moment of story telling and it might spoil the experience slightly for many people, but it should not completely put you off playing what is such a good game for the previous 30 hours of gameplay. The other major flaw with the game is that many of the characters from ME2 are strangely absent, and it would have been nice for them to feature more. Especially for PS3 owners who have less attachment to the ME1 characters than X-Box owners. Although the game lets it self down at the very end its still a game everyone should play - however its best played after completing the other 2 games as you will be far more attached to the story if you've already spent hours with Shepherd and his/her crew. Expand
  82. Apr 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bottom line: Bioware and EA has pulled it off brilliantly to mess up the whole series with the final instalment of the ME trilogy. A highly disappointing conclusion to the trilogy, which in many ways goes against the essential principles, which made ME1 and ME2 such good games.

ME1 and ME2 were, in spite of their flaws, for me a brilliant game-play experience. Although the two first games suffer a bit from too many illusional choices, which actually do not influence the development of story, it never felt as a problem for me, and at least some of the critical choices made would have a very real impact on how the game progressed. This is however completely different in ME3, where virtually all choices made throughout the game, including the meticulous build-up of a joint strike force, in the end proves to be without any kind of significance. Furthermore the relations built up throughout three games to the Normandy crew as well as other friends, is in the end completely pointless, as there will be no reward for the 100+ hours of game-play and decision making throughout the three games. To make matters worse, no amount of DLC content will ever be able to salvage the story and correct the horrible story writing. In terms of game-play mechanics ME3 otherwise feels very polished and refined in many aspects, compared to its predecessors. Many missions and fights are likewise quite memorable. Unfortunately this is seriously messed up near the end of the game, where several combat situations have been very poorly designed. It is namely the introduction of survival mode combat sequences, which seriously messes up the experience. Waves of enemies charges in, and your combat skill will essentially mean very little as to how well these sequences are completed. Stay alive for XX minutes or fail is the essence â
  83. Apr 8, 2012
    Big, big fan of Mass Effect 1 & 2, but 3 is a huge let down; feels more of a shooter than an RPG (resembles Gears of War in space) and the ending... gaw...
  84. Apr 9, 2012
    I've loved every minute of my time with the Mass Effect series and the third installment is no different. Every decision I've made throughout the series felt like they mattered and I saw the effects of these choices show throughout the story being told. I often found myself doing nothing more but wandering around overhearing conversations that told even more about the story.

The story

The story is epic, well acted, and immersing. The game-play is better than ever and caters to many play styles. Like stealth, hitting hard and running away? Go for it. Standard FPS? Sure. Like the Rock/Paper/Scissor decisions of a classic RPG? You have skills for that.

The negative attitudes about downloadable content and a disappointing close to one of the greatest gaming accomplishments of all time is a shame. Sure, I would have liked a bit more from the ending, but that shouldn't be enough to drag this WONDERFUL piece of down.
  85. Apr 10, 2012
    CAUTION The author is not afraid of repercussion of this article, unlike â
  86. Apr 10, 2012
    The game at all is reasonable but the Ending DESTROYS everything.
    All choices along ME1 and ME2 really doesn't matter... the ME2 choices about collector base etc .. they are ignored. BioWare said that would be 16 different endings, but what we got was 3 different colors. RED BLUE or GREEN.
    The game at all is reasonable but the Ending DESTROYS everything.

There is no narrative coherence, the ending is filled with plot holes, ME1 and ME2 story was destroyed in a matter of minutes, they doesn't review their own games before launching? This doesn't make sense really.

Why am I giving a 0?

The answer is: The ending not only destroyed ME3 but the story of ME1 and ME2 too. ME3 became a action-shooter, there is only auto-dialogue, a few choices that i can count with my fingers. The game forces you to do some things, there is no roleplay anymore. I won't talk about the plotholes because in youtube you can find a lot of videos highlighting everyone one of them. They have done the same thing with DA2, they are trying to reach another kind of gamers, but to do that they are sacrificing their own fanbase. ME3 feels exactly like DA2: RUSHED. They didn't had the time to review their own creation what a crap!

Hire another writer. Only your writers can screw a incredible story like ME in a matter of seconds.

If I wanted to play make a Gears of War i would bought GoW. BioWare and EA are destroying every game they have. I feel sorry for them and for us cause we are losing a great developer. EA SUCKS.
  87. Apr 13, 2012
    Despite the general uproar, Mass Effect 3 has proven to be a fantastic end to a beloved series. The upset over the ending is justified, albeit largely uncalled for. The central conflict present in each of the previous games largely revolves around the animosity between synthetics and organics. While many have ignored this particular aspect of the series, the ending wholly resolves it, in aDespite the general uproar, Mass Effect 3 has proven to be a fantastic end to a beloved series. The upset over the ending is justified, albeit largely uncalled for. The central conflict present in each of the previous games largely revolves around the animosity between synthetics and organics. While many have ignored this particular aspect of the series, the ending wholly resolves it, in a largely satisfying way. Despite this, the widely held belief that the ending is too linear is a valid one. However, Bioware is already working on new content that would hopefully present players with more options, and thus, more satisfaction. As for the rest of the game, Mass Effect 3 is a total and complete triumph. The gameplay is impecable, the presentation is spotless, and the mix of RPG elements from Mass Effect 1 and the explosive action of Mass Effect 2 results in an incredibly immersive experience. Ignore the many dissenters, frustrated by the fact that the game doesn't spell everything out for you. Leaving loose ends allows for players to create their own possibilities, a fundamental concept and a throwback to traditional role playing games. Bioware - keep doing what you do best. 10/10. Expand
  88. Apr 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. **Please be aware my review does contain minor spoilers**

I've been a big fan of Mass Effect ever since the game first launched on the xbox back in 2007. Its fair to say i haven't been a fan of some of the changes through the trilogies history so it was with trepidation that i awaited the release of the conclusion.
    Since Mass Effect 3 was launched i have meticulously played through it twice to try and see what the consequences of my different decisions for my male and female character would have on the conclusion. I start with this point because for me it is the biggest failure of the game and the games as a whole. I think i would have much rather the developers not given us these big choices between games because unfortunately all they were doing was setting themselves up for a fall. If your going to do something as involving and dynamic as offering choice it needs to be done well. The problem you have is simply its lack of consequence because regardless of what choices you've made the alternative would only be a slight tweak. A good example is If you saved the Rachni Queen from the original game then she turns up in ME3 and you have the choice to save her again which is all well and good. However if you choose to kill her then she turns up again in ME3?? ok so technically she isn't the same apparently she's a creation of the reapers but the point is the character model, the dialogue and the choices are almost 100% identical. Just using the same skin and calling it something else is just lazy. What made it even worse was on the shuttle after the mission my renegade femshep who killed the Rachni in the original game had a discussion with Garrus who said i had saved her in the first game when i didn't! Talk about breaking my immersion. The Rachni incident isn't the main culprit of this because the alternative skin method is used throughout the game. Sure extra dialogue options and slighlty different skins textures are used to disguise this but for the most part once you've done one play through the outcome of your consequences for the plots elements will be the same. There are some differences and if you don't have tali on your team in ME3 you'll know what i mean when it comes to the Quarian homeworld missions but for the most part there is little difference. In fairness to the game this happened in ME2 as well although not nearly to the same extent.
    Another issue i have which i briefly touched on is the sheer number of bugs in the game. The worst one being that anyone on xbox can't import their original character from the first game. Yes it has now been patched but its still very rough around the edges. Other bugs to name a few include, getting stuck in the environment, the wrong voice acting used for certain characters at points in the game, talking to characters who aren't there (jacob mission), character head turning 180degrees during a conversation, eyeballs from hell and the game freezing on many occasions to name but a few.
    Obviously one of the biggest flaws of the game is its ending. I won't say much because everyone keeps going on about it, but it is very poor and i think just lazily written. Forget artistic integrity because you lose that when you put out an ending out as bad as the one on ME3. Yet despite all these issues (and there are plenty more i haven't listed) the game in its self plays very well. The shooter mechanics are an improvement over the last game. The graphics are slightly better. The character development is very good for the most part (there are a few notable exceptions) and missions themselves are exciting and interesting. The level design is the best its been since the first game and towards the end the difficulty really does ramp up (which is good) and the music is excellent (especially the Clint Mansell tracks).
    Therefore ultimately it is a fun game thats worth playing, perhaps more so if you haven't played either of the preceeding two. If you have there is still alot of good in the game but you will be disappointed. Not least because of the promise the game had, it could have been amazing instead it was just lazy, very lazy which is a real shame.
  89. Apr 18, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER until the end... Mass Effect 3 i the best si-fi story out there. its so inmersive the characters, the universe, your Shepard, you care and love evry thing and evry one. it haves about 20-28 hours of gameplay if you take your time, if you just play the main missions is about 10-13 hours.
    the gameplay is the best of the series and the cinematics and voice actiing is the best there is.
    Down side
    You have much lees squad members than in ME2 and one of them is a day ONE dlc
    The ending
    OK the ending is full of plotholes, imagine if The Lord Of The Rings would have ended when frodo was about to destroy the ring. and thats it it dosent tell you WTF happend to you, your friends your romance(if you have one), you flet... NOTHING and its EAs fault, the made the game end in a cliffhanger so you buy the next DLC or game is BS i can take the lack of squadmates since when you interact with your squadmates its more intresting than in ME1 or 2 but that ending makes you not want to play the game agin... i went on a FULL ON RAGE QUIT deleted my first save started a new one and not going to finish it agin until the extended cut DLC and hope that the next gamplay DLC it isint pre-end DLC like ME1
    HOLD THE LINE ask for a well explaind ending with no plot holes and pos-ending DLC and more gameplay like in ME2 where you can keep playing after finishing the game. my hope is still up dont give the game a bad score just becuse of the last 10 minutes, they can still fix it , its not like if the problem was gameplay or the whole story its JUST THE LAST 10 MINUTES THAT WE WANT FIXED Bioware
    Have a nice day, and play Multiplayer witch is GREAT until the Extended cut comes out and see whats nex for Our Commander Shepard
  90. Apr 21, 2012
    Ah yes "Mass Effect is an awful game series", I have dismissed that claim. ME3 brings in quite a few innovations to the table since ME2, and I think that it brings in almost all of your major choices from previous games amazingly. The combat is quite similar to the untrained eye, and, even though that would be a good thing anyway (ME2's combat system was sublime) it's not true. Combat itAh yes "Mass Effect is an awful game series", I have dismissed that claim. ME3 brings in quite a few innovations to the table since ME2, and I think that it brings in almost all of your major choices from previous games amazingly. The combat is quite similar to the untrained eye, and, even though that would be a good thing anyway (ME2's combat system was sublime) it's not true. Combat it ME3 is much more brutal, difficult and it forces you to make use of its environments (which are a much more 3-dimensional setting than previous games. One mission in it particular forces you to pull out every trick you have in an attempt to survive long enough to finish (immensely difficult on insanity). The combat it also much more cinematic, being able to pull enemies over cover near you at either stab them, crush them, or a variety of other things much to my humor. The story (ending excluded, is one of, if not the best writing in games I have ever played, pulling at emotional heart strings, but with enough witty dialogue to keep it from being depressing. In response to the ending controversy, is the ending good, god no, does it makes sense, again no, but does it ruin the entire series, or even the game? No, do you know what I did when I finished ME3? I sat down and played it again. Then I went out and bought points for the "From Ashes" DLC, (not necessary, but I would recommend it, it adds to the story and adds some interesting dialogue) got that onto the game, but I didn't play it as soon as I got that. I went back to ME1and started the whole series again (that's about 40 hours a game, 50 if your going for everything like I was). And I still loved the journey as Commander Shepard, even though the ending was lack luster. The multiplayer is surprisingly good, and I found myself surprised at how much I was enjoying it, though it is harder than the single player campaign, and with the free "Resensurgence" DLC that was released earlier, its only getting better, the only fault is it doesn't show your total play time, but I can forgive that. So, in the end Mass Effect 3 is a modern triumph in games, with some faults (ending, and loss of SOME dialogue options (though you still retain most of them)). Take this review from a fan who has put over a thousand hours into Mass Effect, over a thousand hours into EACH Mass Effect and that isn't including the multiplayer, this game is great, perfect? No, but still a modern miracle in the gaming. As a side note, all of these awful reviews (the 0, and 1's) are from fans who feel cheated by the ending, and are so angry that they cant see that the journey there is magnificent. Some of them are right about it, but they have far to harshly judged it. e.g. the ending is awful, I can never play Mass Effect again 0/10; which I proved wasn't always true in this review. All I can do now is urge you to buy this game (and the others as well, they make it better, especially if you save a guy called Wrex in the first game, his dialogue is amazing). Expand
  91. Apr 24, 2012
    I was really disappointed with Mass Effect 3 instead of getting what I thought was the 3rd in a line of excellence I got a what felt like a rushed game with weak game play, unrealistic characters, and uninspiring dialog.
    The choose your own actions seems lacking at best of times and extremely dull. The OTT action sequence that are meant to real in the masses aren't that impressive, and instantly forgettable. After finishing the first 2 (especially the 1st) I just couldn't help myself in letting everyone around me know how awesome they were. Sadly Mass Effect 3 just didn't have the same impact and never really delivered the game I was looking forward to play for so long. Bioware has ruined the franchise.
  92. May 3, 2012
    First of all i like to say that "Mass Effect 3" is one of the best games ever made in my opinion, even the whole series is awesome. As the reaction of many gamers shows, i am not alone who expected a marvelous finale at the end of this Sci-Fi Triology! And what have i became? A crappy nonsense telling end, that is it. That was the great announced final? I do not think so, i do not get it!First of all i like to say that "Mass Effect 3" is one of the best games ever made in my opinion, even the whole series is awesome. As the reaction of many gamers shows, i am not alone who expected a marvelous finale at the end of this Sci-Fi Triology! And what have i became? A crappy nonsense telling end, that is it. That was the great announced final? I do not think so, i do not get it! So i have rated the game with 2/10 not in case of the gameplay or atmosphere, i did it, because the ending really pissed me off like most of you and EA/Bioware's Statement handled us, the Fans/Gamers like idiots and ignored our support over the last 5 years. I mean, look at all the feature's they have promised. At the end, none of the decisions i have made during the first two parts is considered. What happened at all? You can choose like in "Deus Ex 3" between 3 endings. Do not tell me that i have to level my readiness til 5000 pts.+ or my renegade/paragon bar to the max. Treat gamers like that is perky and unforgettable! Check out "Angry Joe's" Review or 10 Reasons why the ending really sucks for Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E At least Bioware was sold out by Electronic Arts and get's in a row with Companies like Bullfrog, Maxis, Origin, Westwood and some more. It is all about cash and income shares for the Shareholders, nothing else matters. So, i have decided for my own that i will not support such ignorant policy again and i have canceled my SWToR-Account too. I do not buy a game of EA and Bioware again, til that Day "Mass Effect 3" will become some real endings, belongs to the choices i have made! My suggestion for you, do the same! Otherwise EA/Bioware do it again and again... Expand
  93. May 4, 2012
    The Mass Effect franchise started strongly with ME1, a combination RPG shooter that while a little wooden at times, was an engaging and entertaining game. ME2 built on this, adding flesh to the story and depth to the galaxy while improving slightly on the slightly awkward combat dynamic of ME1.
    ME3 has bettered it's forebears, with a fluid combat system, improved interface and truly engrossing story.
    Further, the added multiplayer element offers brilliant gameplay and well thought out locations to enjoy with friends. The graphics and cut-scenes are high end throughout and the soundtrack at times breathtaking.
    Given the number of decisions made in the journey from ME1 to ME3's ending, the limited number of ending options is a little disappointing, but overall this is a strong finish to the ME series.
  94. May 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An awesome game! The strange "flaws" in the ending must mean there is more to this story coming on. It is a shame that the choices you made during the trilogy didnt count in the ending but whatever, i loved the feeling of making choices. After all this was one of the best gaming experiences i have had Expand
  95. Jan 31, 2013
    This game was FANTASTIC all the way to completing the Cerberus base mission. Then, it crashed and burned. It seemed like they poured their talent and resources into this game and ran out of both before they finished it. Both my wife and I played all three games and we both had the same reaction to the end. What interns made this ending? The concept philosophy of the end was right on theThis game was FANTASTIC all the way to completing the Cerberus base mission. Then, it crashed and burned. It seemed like they poured their talent and resources into this game and ran out of both before they finished it. Both my wife and I played all three games and we both had the same reaction to the end. What interns made this ending? The concept philosophy of the end was right on the mark for a Sci-Fi. But it was poorly poorly executed and the choices you made through out the series were rendered completely irrelevant. My wife and I in 20 minutes could brainstorm a better execution of the ending and still leave their philosophical concept intact. What's their excuse? Expand
  96. May 15, 2012
    Gay ass game I regret buying it. Will pirate it 30 times to damage EA.

This is my last EA Game, Battlefield 3 sucked so hard man I can't believe they can get money with this even CoD was better
  97. May 15, 2012
    Say what you want, but this game is truly a work of art and an experience that has never before seen in gaming. The lore was well implemented, the action was so much better. The only complaint i had that ME2 did better was the actual side-missions and loyalty missions were much more interesting and versatile. Other than that, the game combined the best of its two predecessors and throughSay what you want, but this game is truly a work of art and an experience that has never before seen in gaming. The lore was well implemented, the action was so much better. The only complaint i had that ME2 did better was the actual side-missions and loyalty missions were much more interesting and versatile. Other than that, the game combined the best of its two predecessors and through importing my character from ME1, i have never felt a sense of accomplishment, adventure, pride and triumph. Well done bioware, i would watch this on a big screen over Star Trek and Star Wars any day. Expand
  98. May 16, 2012
    If you are looking for a game that gives you a real sense of accomplishment at the end, ME3 is not the game for you. That being said, the rest of the game is top-notch. I would have liked more characters as well, but complaining about wanting more out of your game says a lot about how well what is there really is. Multiplayer gameplay in particular is superb with a simple design thatIf you are looking for a game that gives you a real sense of accomplishment at the end, ME3 is not the game for you. That being said, the rest of the game is top-notch. I would have liked more characters as well, but complaining about wanting more out of your game says a lot about how well what is there really is. Multiplayer gameplay in particular is superb with a simple design that nonetheless manages to remain fresh and different every match. Add to that the sound quality which is phenomenal; monsters sound monstrous, robots and technology sounds are totally immursive, and the voicework is entirely organic with no sense of separate sound stages strung together.

Is the last 10 minutes bad enough to ruin the rest of the game? Maybe. I don't really have any argument against the opinions of all those who gave it a "0," but for me it remains a solid game I'll probably play again; I just try not to think about the emptiness I know will come when I am done.
  99. May 20, 2012
    made just to get look at the corrupted critics just for the money made just to get look at the corrupted critics just for the money made just to get look at the corrupted critics just for the money made just to get look at the corrupted critics just for the money made just to get look at the corrupted critics just for the money
  100. May 21, 2012
    Too have spent hours playing across three game, just to be able choice the color of an explosion and weather or not Joker has his toy, is just wrong.

1. May 12, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an emotional rollercoaster ride with lots of tension and moving moments. The threat of the Reapers make every decision a hard one and your relationship with other characters will be tested. This, in combination with tight gameplay, makes this the complete experience.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    As a bombastic action-RPG with no previous context, Mass Effect 3 is a dark, engaging game with great combat, a well-written story, and all the epic space-opera you could want. But for those who have played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, it's something much more.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    The storytelling itself, the more refined combat, the voicework, the visuals, et all, stand as a fine example of some of the best this industry has to offer, and with my minor complaints aside, there's no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will be deservedly at the top of everyone's list come this year's award season.