Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360

5.8

1. Mar 11, 2012
    I really do love ME1, with its flaws it was still an awesome game, for me the best one in the series.
    Then came ME2 i still really liked it, but there was something about it that made it not as good. It might of been that it was more action heavy.
    Then came ME3 oh dear. About 80% is shooting. I was on normal difficulty but ended up changing it to narrative. I just could not be bothered. I just wanted to get it done to finish the series. Also sometimes the talking can be a bit choppy when it takes about 2 seconds for someone to talk. Any way. THE ENDING. OMG WHY?
    I expected to do what i was doing from beginning. Destroy the reapers, Save the galaxy and settle down with ma babe Ashley. BUT NOOOOOOO. We get s**t. This is not gonna get out of my head for about a month. I'll start thinking of alternatives and dream about it, what could of happened. It makes me annoyed that they couldn't just have you save the galaxy and have a happy ending. I don't care what it takes. Bioware has to do something. Make a alternative DLC ending or something of god. I think if they spent there time a little wiser the game could of been great. I would like to go back to ME1 and have a perfect game all the way through to ME3 to satisfy me but its over now no going back.
    Might as well talk about MP now. Its pretty fun did have all my items get deleted tho which was pretty annoying. Other than that it is quite entertaining. Overall they could of done better instead of taking a week to make 1 ending and copy and pasting it about 16 times. And one more thing. Why wasn't the history of the galaxy told at the end like what happened to the galaxy after the events?
  2. Mar 8, 2012
    Mass effect 3 does everything the previous games did and does them even better. Everything in ME3 is great the combat is fluid, conversations are still fun to listen to, and the story is better than ever. The guys at Bioware really nailed the overall feeling of hopelessness and survival in the story. The characters that Mass Effect fans know and love make even more appearances thisMass effect 3 does everything the previous games did and does them even better. Everything in ME3 is great the combat is fluid, conversations are still fun to listen to, and the story is better than ever. The guys at Bioware really nailed the overall feeling of hopelessness and survival in the story. The characters that Mass Effect fans know and love make even more appearances this time around. I really have nothing bad to say about this game, there is nothing wrong or annoying with the game at all. Bioware even removed the annoying mining mini game from the first two games. I can't get enough of the customization on my guns and armor. The Mass Effect series is great and really ends with perfection, and is definitely a good time. Oh and by the way, to all of the people giving this game bad **** you:) Expand
  3. Mar 12, 2012
    Somehow my review was deleted. So im saying it again. I pity the fool who hates on Mass Effect 3! V. V. V. V. V. V v.
  4. Mar 12, 2012
    A) This game is fantastic and a lot of fun to play.
    B) The entire experience is ruined by that fact that you cannot import your character from previous games.
    A) This game is fantastic and a lot of fun to play.

If an entire trilogy is predicated on carrying a custom character across all games in the series, it's both laughable and offensive to fans that the third game would not permit that same custom face to be brought forward. Yes, it's possible to recreate your custom face using the editor. No, it's not fun and a major strike against BioWare quality assurance.
  5. Mar 12, 2012
    Well all the hopes i had for the 3rd game, after the dissapointment of the second, were for nothing. Instead of going back to what made the first game in the series great, Bioware created an even more dumbed down version of the game in an attempt to wow the masses. Cutscene, Cutscene, Cutscene, dull combat, rinse and repeat. Add to that a co-op mode that you are almost forced to play ifWell all the hopes i had for the 3rd game, after the dissapointment of the second, were for nothing. Instead of going back to what made the first game in the series great, Bioware created an even more dumbed down version of the game in an attempt to wow the masses. Cutscene, Cutscene, Cutscene, dull combat, rinse and repeat. Add to that a co-op mode that you are almost forced to play if you want the "best" possible ending in the single player and it's clear that Bioware just wants to keep copies out of the second hand market. This game has gone down the path of Dragon Age. a great concept, but a bad implementation. Expand
  6. Apr 16, 2012
    Great ending to the best trilogy for years. I don't get why people are crying a river over the ending? What did you expect, Shepard riding in the sunset like some cliche children's hero? The ending we get is a great way to end this story arch. I didn't felt screwed over, I felt over all that this was the only, logical way to end the series. One man can only do so much and let's face it:Great ending to the best trilogy for years. I don't get why people are crying a river over the ending? What did you expect, Shepard riding in the sunset like some cliche children's hero? The ending we get is a great way to end this story arch. I didn't felt screwed over, I felt over all that this was the only, logical way to end the series. One man can only do so much and let's face it: the situation Shepard ends in at the end of the game has only one conclusion. People, grow up. Expand
  7. Mar 11, 2012
    I'll start off by saying that I am a big fan of the Mass Effect series. I was fairly pleased with the majority of the storyline and dialogue in this game. The tone of this game is a lot more grim than the previous two games but I feel that is appropriate given the circumstances. Sometimes the voice acting can get a bit cheesy and some of the situations seem like they were ripped from a badI'll start off by saying that I am a big fan of the Mass Effect series. I was fairly pleased with the majority of the storyline and dialogue in this game. The tone of this game is a lot more grim than the previous two games but I feel that is appropriate given the circumstances. Sometimes the voice acting can get a bit cheesy and some of the situations seem like they were ripped from a bad action movie. The game play has had some tweaks and combat feels a bit more tuned. There are still bugs galore though and the AI still seems terrible despite claims of upgrades to it. Most bugs aren't extremely noticeable; heck sometimes they are downright funny but then you get the really frustrating bugs such as getting stuck and having to restart. Those bugs are one reason why this game lost a point. Another reason is how it seems that the events of the previous two games don't seem to have made as big a difference as I thought they would. Pretty much all of the key character's from the previous games make an appearance. Some are a big more significant than others but its certainly nice to see. The biggest problem I had with it was the ending. Its as though they were driving along on the nice little path of a storyline and then decide to just blindfold the driver at the end and hope for the best. The endings all make very little sense and just create more loose ends than they tie up. Hopefully we see more content in the future that makes things a bit more clear but until then I feel very disappointed with how the game ends. A little obscurity isn't necessarily a bad thing since it is nice to have the fans piece together certain aspects. But when the fans are left feeling cheated then its clear that something isn't quite right.
    So in closing, its not a terrible game by any means but it certainly isn't the game that the Mass Effect series deserves. For all the lore and background of the series very little of it is truly represented and the game feels more like an action game than a sci-fi roleplaying game.
  8. Mar 21, 2012
    I am not going to waste my time explaining why this was another great game in a fantastic series. I simply want to post my rating so Bioware knows not every internet user hates their guts. It is absurd the reaction this game has gotten, as it was nothing short of a masterpiece of gaming. I have enjoyed every second of the 30+ hours of gameplay (up to and including the ending) and II am not going to waste my time explaining why this was another great game in a fantastic series. I simply want to post my rating so Bioware knows not every internet user hates their guts. It is absurd the reaction this game has gotten, as it was nothing short of a masterpiece of gaming. I have enjoyed every second of the 30+ hours of gameplay (up to and including the ending) and I understand a few of the complaints, but a few (possible) plot holes and a little convoluted conclusion does nothing to diminish the fun I had while playing through this great game.

I am disappointed that, ultimately your decisions in the prior three games do not affect the ending much, but the story I experienced up until the ending would have been extremely different had someone else been making decisions through the games. I commend Bioware for yet another amazing game and cannot wait for their next one.
  9. Mar 13, 2012
    Okay, there are lots of malicious user-reviews on here, and although I do NOT condone them, I totally understand where they're coming from. After 3 games of making difficult choices, the end reveals that it was all for nothing. Nothing you did really makes any difference to the final outcome, and a lot is left unexplained. However, I've read user-reviews on here that have said they lovedOkay, there are lots of malicious user-reviews on here, and although I do NOT condone them, I totally understand where they're coming from. After 3 games of making difficult choices, the end reveals that it was all for nothing. Nothing you did really makes any difference to the final outcome, and a lot is left unexplained. However, I've read user-reviews on here that have said they loved the game up until the final few minutes and rated it a 1/10. This is the most peevish example of score-trolling I've seen since the last CoD. The truth is, aside from the story's shortcomings, this is still an excellent game. The shooting mechanics are better than ever and the gameplay excells because of it. The dialogue is excellent and the voice acting is, for the most part, nop-notch. It has its gameplay flaws, too, but they're few and far-between. Having the A button (or X button on PS3) responsible for dash, roll AND a context-sensetive action button is very problematic. It's always been a problem when games like Gears and Uncharted use the same button for dash and roll, but having it as an action-button as well is just too much. Often Shepherd does the wrong thing. Also there are some stupid design choices. Example: towards the end of the game, you have to fight your way out of a hangar. Once you've defeated all enemies, you're prompted to "escape the hangar." Usually in the game, clicking the right analogue stick will display a waypoint showing you where to go. But in this instance, clicking the stick simply reveals the prompt again, "escape the hangar." Now, the hangar is 2 floors, with doors and controll panels on both floors, so you're left to check every single door and console in the entire hangar to try and escape. There's also a sense of urgency at this point in the story, which is severely undermined while you run around the hangar trying to figure out where you're supposed to go. These are fairly minor frustrations and as I said before, they're quite rare. But they do occur, and they make the game feel sloppy when they do. It's also a problem when the rest of the game feels so polished and looks so good, then you run into a stupid design decision like this and it feels 10 times worse in contrast. For most games these would feel like minor flaws but for a game with the budget of Mass Effect, they just feel a little lazy.

In conclusion, this really is a good game bar a few minor flaws, and one major flaw. The major flaw is, of course, the end of the story. A huge majority of the series' fans feel letdown by this abysmal ending, myself included. Usually I wouldn't let a weak story tarnish my opinion of a game too much. But Mass Effect is, and always has been, a story-driven series. The stories in the first 2 games were captivating, here it feels pretty average. Then the ending comes and is far below average. If it weren't for this ending, I'd have given the game at least a 9. If it had a truly great, satisfying ending, I'd probably even have given it a 10, despite its few gameplay flaws. As it stands though, I've had to lower my opinion of this game to an 8. Disapointing.
  10. Mar 19, 2012
    Well i will start by saying that im amazed that critics scored this game nearly perfect but not many went into detail about ending, never mention it @ all or simply (and boldly) allowed readers to think the game was great from start to finish, then i happened 2 go "outside the bubble" and found smaller, more obscure reviews and the score factored in that the ending was "literary suicide"Well i will start by saying that im amazed that critics scored this game nearly perfect but not many went into detail about ending, never mention it @ all or simply (and boldly) allowed readers to think the game was great from start to finish, then i happened 2 go "outside the bubble" and found smaller, more obscure reviews and the score factored in that the ending was "literary suicide" as one wrote. as quoted by r. ebert "if you had to ask what it symbolized, then it didnt" and i can say that this very much sums up the ending, struck in awe like many, i wasnt even sure if i had beat the game and had to check mt trophy in order to sort out if i did. thats just it, i felt like i did not know what had just happened and had to wait for the credits to scroll to know its over,and so i convince myself that ok maybe i just did not see the right ending and maybe i got the bad ending, "yes that must be it, w/ so many endings i must have screwed up along the way and got the bad ending" come to find out i got the desired and the most "definative" ending.. so then i go back and replay the mission etc and all the other endings are pretty much identical beside a different color or "end sequence" which consisted of a minute or so animation of walking another direction etc. i wont get into conspiracy theories or anything which is out of context but its kind of hard not to fall prey or offer self to some distraction or debate because we not only invested time, we invested emotion.. hours upon hours of carefully making right choices for a desired import etc, and for what? if i kind of got a heads up from critics that "decisions do not play as significant a role in mass 3 as it did in the prior 2" then i wouldve been able to prepare,lol.. but we are hearing words like art, story telling masterpiece also we were told by bioware that this would have multiple endings, a deeper consequence/decision mechanic, an end which would the opposite from lost, well no it may actually take the belt away from lost for the wtf just happened moment but the fact is that i shouldve known that a game which has a formula that works almost seamlessly, based primarily on decisions as well as story driven sequences which make the gamer care, think and DECIDE, it works so good that while i played every mass efect i made every decision carefully to prep my shep for the import into the next game, so if i am playing a game and already thinking of the next one then the system is almost flawless imo.. BUT it is obvious E.A had a bit of influence and brings me back to my point with this "formula", they deserted it and decided for MASS APPEAL rather than mass effect and i noticed this during the demo and how much emphasis was put on how one can play the game how one wishes and that the game can be toggled to suit any style, dont like stories? choose combat.. hate decisions? well you can toggle that too.. but wait, isnt that the part of mass effect which makes it like few others? and isnt that what i have spent many hours doing to have a desired and effective playthrough as well as end? was it just me or did it feel silly to scan planets this time around? as to say "hey dont want to waste time scanning for elements, well we fixed that too" huh? call me a loser, call me what you want BUT i enjoyed taking my time scanning for minerals and elements and launching probes with a feeling of purpose, because that was one of the many things which made me love this game, felt like what i did mattered and fulfilling. i can understand E.A 's stance from a business perspective, their knowledge and tactics of knowing that the fanbase of mass effect are going to buy this game regardless so lets find some fresh blood, but did the solid core and fan base have to feel jipped, let down, disappointed, confused and as well as angry in exchange for new profits/gains? well the core, the fans well we are mass effect. it breaths because we let it, we let it because it was great ,brought quality and emotion and stood apart from many other games and the exp was one like few others. but as much respect a game/developer may get through time can be undone in ten minutes.. i can not say that mass effect 3 was a bad game, but after putting in hours of decisions, careful choices to have it not effect anything in regards to the end , other than the war assets and "co-op"readiness , well i feel like it was more of a "okay hurry up and get this over with and go play co-op after" the fact remains that mass effect 3 is still a solid game, but an ending which was promised to be the finale we dream about also being admittedly rushed well how does anything rushed ever result to anything other than sub par to par? a game is about the exp, mass effect is about a unique and gripping exp BUT the end ruined both.. its obvious a lot has changed in the gaming industry in the past 5 years, mass effect supports this in every respect, reapers went from FEAR INDUCING to PAWNS Expand
  11. Mar 8, 2012
    The hype for this game was so high that many players of the first two games ignorantly conditioned themselves to having such grand expectations that disappointment was inevitable. The result is a "rage review" by hundreds of gamers giving an otherwise great game an unfair review. 0 out of 10 is just ridiculous. Any game where effort was given doesn't deserve such a review. Usually I thinkThe hype for this game was so high that many players of the first two games ignorantly conditioned themselves to having such grand expectations that disappointment was inevitable. The result is a "rage review" by hundreds of gamers giving an otherwise great game an unfair review. 0 out of 10 is just ridiculous. Any game where effort was given doesn't deserve such a review. Usually I think 10 is not achievable, but the combination of the best story I've ever experienced, much improved combat along with the addition of a challenging and enjoyable multiplayer breaks my hesitation in rating a game as perfect. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    good grief. What an amazingly awesome and truly epic finale to a series that I've loved since the first. If you play through this game without playing the first 2 first, you're doing yourself a disfavor. You didn't read or watch the return of the king before watching the hobbit, did you? or watch harry potter 20 or whatever the last one was before reading or watching the first 19 or howgood grief. What an amazingly awesome and truly epic finale to a series that I've loved since the first. If you play through this game without playing the first 2 first, you're doing yourself a disfavor. You didn't read or watch the return of the king before watching the hobbit, did you? or watch harry potter 20 or whatever the last one was before reading or watching the first 19 or how ever many there were first did you? And play it the rpg way the way it was meant to be played. They fixed everything that was slightly wrong with the first two. So much more weapon and power upgrade capabilities. So much more armor customization. So much more story. XP for looking over a balcony? no. XP for helping disputes? Yes. Is it that much more awesome? yes. Everything is polished to a current gen premium shine. sound is brutal and varied and exciting and the best of the series and the sci-fi genre as a whole. I didn't enjoy the demo all that much and seriously didn't think it could recapture that amazement and discovery the first game did what seems like such a long time ago, but it does so much more. the negative reviews aren't from hard core gamers. period. if you know games, or mass effect, or science fiction, or fun, or life, you can't play this game and give it an honest bad review. that would be like saying the mona lisa has too much paint on it. or the zonda isn't fast enough. or the south pole isn't snowy enough. if you own a system that can play this game, do it. if you don't enjoy this game, you're a krogan. Expand
  13. Apr 3, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 has it's flaws and I am not sure how to judge those. The franchise really has identity issues.
    The game has done things right: graphics, soundtrack, combat, multiplayer, these "touching moments"... yet it still fails to satisfy completely. Some important story-arcs are completely cut off, certain characters were simply dismissed, side-missions are almost non-existent, the writing is laughable at points and (this has already been discussed to death) the terrible ending happened.

I don't know if more time for the development would have helped, but this game seemed rushed and unfinished at every end. It was an enjoyable game up until the ending, but certainly not the outstanding quality fans are used to.
  14. Mar 8, 2012
    This game is amazing. The galaxy is at war and Mass Effect makes you feel it, there is tragedy, triumph, heroism and sacrifice. Moments of this game have knocked me all around the emotional spectrum. It looks great, and the different modes are a great idea and lets you play it the way you want to. The controls can be strange- rolling into gunfire instead of taking cover is my leastThis game is amazing. The galaxy is at war and Mass Effect makes you feel it, there is tragedy, triumph, heroism and sacrifice. Moments of this game have knocked me all around the emotional spectrum. It looks great, and the different modes are a great idea and lets you play it the way you want to. The controls can be strange- rolling into gunfire instead of taking cover is my least favorite aspect, but this game is one of the best I've ever played. Expand
  15. Mar 6, 2012
    well im about 15 hours in and so far not so good. there are some technical issues on consoles but i guess that could be overlooked if the game looked a bit nicer, but ya the graphics are not that good especially the face and mouth work,which normally would not be a big deal but ME3 focuses a lot on character interaction and watching npc robot faces all with such similar voices too.ughhh.well im about 15 hours in and so far not so good. there are some technical issues on consoles but i guess that could be overlooked if the game looked a bit nicer, but ya the graphics are not that good especially the face and mouth work,which normally would not be a big deal but ME3 focuses a lot on character interaction and watching npc robot faces all with such similar voices too.ughhh. on pc im sure it will look considerably better but not on consoles.the combat is good and it seems they really focused on that instead of the story.....o the story.....its ok i guess but not anywhere as good as the final mass effect deserves and is incredibly easy....i dont know why game developers are making games with no challenge anymore.....why have a difficulty setting when only a retard would struggle with anything less than hard.....i guess people want an interactive movie more than a real game with challenge. multiplayer is pretty good but nothing we havent seen before in other big games. i keep reading that all the questions left open from the other games would be answered.....but sadly that does not seem to be the case, so far any attempt at this is has been short and dry. i really hope this picks up as i progress right now its pretty disappointing and from what i hear of the different endings (that they suck and rip off the first dues ex game) that disappointment seems like it may continue to the end Expand
  16. Mar 14, 2012
    (SPOILERS, MAJOR) Seriously, don't listen to all the whiners. Yes, they made some changes, and yes, it is not Mass Effect 1, but then again, why would you want it to be? Overall, it's an amazing game, and I think the main reason it has such a low user score, especially when compared to the critic score, is that all these cry babies just couldn't stand to see their shep get killed off(SPOILERS, MAJOR) Seriously, don't listen to all the whiners. Yes, they made some changes, and yes, it is not Mass Effect 1, but then again, why would you want it to be? Overall, it's an amazing game, and I think the main reason it has such a low user score, especially when compared to the critic score, is that all these cry babies just couldn't stand to see their shep get killed off (unless you get the "special ending.") It was always supposed to be a trilogy people, and I personally think the ending was amazing. Sacrificing yourself so that the universe can survive in peace? What's more heroic than that? The series was always gonna have a bittersweet ending and if you couldn't see it coming you are a failure. The only problem I have with this game is that it seems like many of your dialogue choices have been removed and turned into cut scenes, likely a result of their attempt to "streamline" the game for the mouth breathers who can't finish a game unless it holds their hand all the way through. and yes, some of the "emotional moments" were hamfisted, but some were extremely well done. Also, to everyone crying foul about how greedy ea and bioware have been with this game, I will concede that the day 1 dlc was obnoxious, and that I too could not figure out how to get my ems above 3500 without multiplayer. Pretty annoying, but at the same time, they had the balls to actually kill off their main character and, unless they plan on a ridiculous retcon, they killed their series (at least with shep as the main character.) If they were that greedy, don't you think we'd have gotten some stupidly unrealistic fairly tale ending that everyone seems to want? I know I didn't review the game, but I figure people reading here aren't looking for reviews, they are looking for complaints, and I wanted to tell you that most everyone is probably just sad about the ending and think that sad ending equals bad game, which it does not. 9 or maybe even 10 out of 10 for me. Expand
  17. Mar 8, 2012
    What's up with all the negative feedback? There were over a 100 negative user reviews like an hours after release, you cannot possibly run the game that fast. Mass Effect is the best game series there is now adays, i'm 15 hours in and i can't stop, it's made tear up twice and the only thing i can find negative is a few minor bugs. Did /b/ raid this thing or something? Or are there just CoDWhat's up with all the negative feedback? There were over a 100 negative user reviews like an hours after release, you cannot possibly run the game that fast. Mass Effect is the best game series there is now adays, i'm 15 hours in and i can't stop, it's made tear up twice and the only thing i can find negative is a few minor bugs. Did /b/ raid this thing or something? Or are there just CoD children running around? Seriously learn what a good game is and stop with the negative feedback without even playing the game! Expand
  18. Mar 12, 2012
    I loved Mass Effect 1&2, but it ends there. Mass Effect 3 has got to be the biggest letdown in video game history. This game is nothing like the first 2. It's actually pretty straight forward, zero to no exploration, the mini games are gone & forming a space crew has gotten stale. The only thing this game has is great graphics, other than that it's garbage. BORING.
  19. Apr 10, 2012
    Please, please ignore all the fools that don't know their arse from the elbow. Sure the game starts slow, but, the same as other Mass Effect games, you get captivated and engrossed in the excellently crafted universe that has been sculpted and perfected over the last 6 years. If you love games you will love ME3. If you love ME you will love ME3. If you are a hick you will think otherwise.
  20. Mar 6, 2012
    I love this game so far. I played through ME1 once and ME2 twice. I liked 2 more and I may like it more than this one. That said it is still a great game. I decided to write a review to counter some of these stupid mad about same day DLC comments. First off it makes sense what bioware said they did it for. It takes time from game completion to release. So why not work on more content. JustI love this game so far. I played through ME1 once and ME2 twice. I liked 2 more and I may like it more than this one. That said it is still a great game. I decided to write a review to counter some of these stupid mad about same day DLC comments. First off it makes sense what bioware said they did it for. It takes time from game completion to release. So why not work on more content. Just because it was done before the games release doesnt mean it should be free. Also all those saying that it is unlocked off the disc are full of crap. Its a huge download. Well over its on the disc content like other games. Expand
  21. Mar 10, 2012
    I thought I was going to hate this game but in all honesty It's a great game, feels pretty much like me2 but with improved combat although the enemies seem less varied, and story wise everything's decent but it seems like party members have a lot less to say. The endings are retarded monkey garbage but hey at least it's closure(still waiting on shenmue 3 sega). I hate EA and I have noI thought I was going to hate this game but in all honesty It's a great game, feels pretty much like me2 but with improved combat although the enemies seem less varied, and story wise everything's decent but it seems like party members have a lot less to say. The endings are retarded monkey garbage but hey at least it's closure(still waiting on shenmue 3 sega). I hate EA and I have no respect for Bioware as it is now but they made a Game that wasn't nightmarishly terrible which I honestly didn't think was possible after playing DA2 and the tortanic beta. Buy it if you feel like you've come to far to stop. Expand
  22. Apr 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So BioWare has decided to show us yet another big fat middle finger, aye? You know, when Dragon Age 2 came, sure it was an atrocity RPG wise especially after a great revive to its genre in form of DA1, I still enjoyed it somewhat, at the very least it didn't kill the franchise. But Mass Effect 3? I'm gonna need some time and space here to successfully describe the depth and seriousness of my emotional distress caused by ME3. In the beginning, there was ME, new well written sci-fi RPG that we had craved for so long, the game offered us freedom of choice to some degree and to this day it's kept its value and replayability. Then came ME2 which to me was even better news because I kinda liked a bit more action paced style we were given while at the same time we also got the same freedom of choice (oh there could have been SO MANY dead characters at the end if you wanted...). The classes were more distinguished and more original in the way they played and even the side-quests on various planets were rather refreshing and not as repetitive as they were in ME1. Safe to say, I've played and finished both ME and ME2 quite a few times (ME twice and ME2 5 or 6 times actually) and I certainly loved the series. I anticipated ME3 fiercely like any other real fan of the franchise. I pre-ordered collector's edition of course so From Ashes wasn't an issue for me, I played through the game and there it was... all that love I had for the previous games, for the franchise... was gone. 90%... neigh 95% of the game is great, amazing even. All the plots tie up nicely and I enjoy most of the characters (although the newcomers aren't anything special and I'm terribly pissed I didn't get to spend the last game with Miranda...) but then it all gets thrown out the proverbial window... What does it matter that I not only saved most of Quarian race AND Tali AND convinced them to coexist with the Geth!! when at the end it doesn't have any impact at all? Giving us three identical sterile endings and marooning everyone in the galaxy at Earth's doorstep is not only an illogical ending, but the worst step that BioWare has ever made in their history of designing games. Pathetic attempts of Ray Muzyka to "defend" this excuse of a proper ending to the series are laughable and heretical at that. So, guys, you gave us the middle finger, now it's our turn. Thank you for ruining what could have very well been the three best consequent RPG titles ever made. Seeing as you gave us no choice in the end, I don't think I have any choice now with the rating either. Expand
  23. Apr 18, 2012
    I'll keep it short and sweet on this one promise. I loved Me1, Me2 and Me3. It is quite possibly my favourite set of games ever made, however this being said I will concede that Mass Effect 3 had some flaws. Yes it wasn't perfect and if I'm really honest I was not blown away by the ending. To continue in this honest fashion I was expecting the worse based on internet commentary and had II'll keep it short and sweet on this one promise. I loved Me1, Me2 and Me3. It is quite possibly my favourite set of games ever made, however this being said I will concede that Mass Effect 3 had some flaws. Yes it wasn't perfect and if I'm really honest I was not blown away by the ending. To continue in this honest fashion I was expecting the worse based on internet commentary and had I ignored it I probably would have been a lot happier, but on with the review! Mass Effect 3 has a great story and incredible lore to back it up. The action in number 3 is better than either 1 or 2 and you really get the sense that the galaxy is falling apart around you. The visuals are stunning and go a long way to immersing you in the game, yes sometimes things pop in and out but when your looking up at a huge freaking planet on fire, as you gun down loads of husks standing between you and ultimate victory everything seems perfect! I couldn't live with myself if I gave it a perfect score as that would be silly, I expect flawless for that. This said users who score it a zero seriously needs to grow up a bit and be fair to the game as a whole, no game deserves that and least of all Mass Effect. Expand
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    The rest of Reddit is making their voices heard against this travesty of a sequel so i feel like it's my duty to help warn people of it's subpar quality.

I'm not going to just say, it's **** because it has some merits, however those rest solely in adequate shooting mechanics that games have done better, back in 2006. The ending leaves people with almost no closure, instead paving the way

The ending leaves people with almost no closure, instead paving the way for DLC and the inevitable next game in the universe to cash in on the name. The choices you make have no impact on the end result, nothing done over the course of THREE ENTIRE GAMES makes any difference to your ultimate ending, absolutely inexcusable and lazy.

The characters added in are sterotypical in their inclusion (guy has to have xbox hueg muscles, chobot has to have **** bigger than what she actually has and have them poking out in a suit that's supposed to represent what a crew part of a branch of the military would wear as standard issue.

The animations and graphics are also inferior to ME2, that i don't understand, how can a game, released 2 years after it's last installment, actually move BACKWARDS in terms of animation and graphics, i'd be happy if they remained the same; Instead, we get hands that look like they came from the PS2 and we get animations that aren't even taken from ME2, they're just haphazard animations that look slapped on without any refinement.

Reddit can not and wil not let this game get the praise and perfect reviews it so unjustly is getting, how can a game that has a number of flaws still get almost perfect/perfect reviews?

If people think these aren't being paid for, pressured for, or just written by plain old terrible "journalists" then they are retarded.

and you are retarded if you buy this game.

le Reddit will never bow to the pressure of people who insist on buying **** games
  25. Mar 8, 2012
    The user rating for this game is utter BS and anyone with a brain knows it. ME3 has it's problems, sure, but the current 5.1 (was as low as a 4.5 at one point, seriously?!) is a pure result of immature fanboys whom expect the world in innovation and content, and whom flame out of control because they employ some false sense of ownership over a multimillion dollar franchise. When everyThe user rating for this game is utter BS and anyone with a brain knows it. ME3 has it's problems, sure, but the current 5.1 (was as low as a 4.5 at one point, seriously?!) is a pure result of immature fanboys whom expect the world in innovation and content, and whom flame out of control because they employ some false sense of ownership over a multimillion dollar franchise. When every little detail isn't exactly as they want, they react. Thus the growing problem with the gaming industry as a whole. We are becoming overly-demanding, under-appreciating, immature, picky, and senseless dimwits. Anyone who plays Mass Effect 3 as it was intended and for what it was intended, that being the concluding chapter in a self-built story where your choices DO impact the game on a large and small scale, will walk away with a more refined game than ME1 or ME2 and most importantly one that tries so desperately hard at every turn to make the time you spent doing missions and building connections feel worth it. If people complained that ME2 was overly referential, nobody should play Mass Effect 3 for the story at all unless they have completed both (yes, unfortunate PS3 users, both) of the old titles. No, not every decision impacts the galaxy, and I never list potential spoilers, but the level of interactivity and changes that can take place from one play to the next are staggering. So many details had to be taken into account by Bioware and they have succeeded in any way that any true fan cared about. Most haters are over-expecting bastards and have no place rating Mass Effect. The first game had a small audience for a reason. Expand
  26. Apr 18, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an amazing addition to an amazing trilogy. The move away from RPG components and lack of decisions are downsides, but the only reason this game fall short of a ten, for me, is the stupid ending. I could go on and on about the plot holes, lack of your actions being reflected in the end, or Bioware lying. On the positive side the combat is vastly improved, greatMass Effect 3 is an amazing addition to an amazing trilogy. The move away from RPG components and lack of decisions are downsides, but the only reason this game fall short of a ten, for me, is the stupid ending. I could go on and on about the plot holes, lack of your actions being reflected in the end, or Bioware lying. On the positive side the combat is vastly improved, great storytelling, and multiplayer is a great addition, to my surprise. All and all a great game. Expand
  27. Jul 24, 2012
    Well one of the best gaming series ever has come to an end. When I first got my hands on the game I immediatly notices differences from the second game. The first of course is the graphics. Although they don't compare to the those of Uncharted, Gears of War, and Crysis they are still good in their own way. The next thing I noticed is new animations. This is good because in a lot of sequelsWell one of the best gaming series ever has come to an end. When I first got my hands on the game I immediatly notices differences from the second game. The first of course is the graphics. Although they don't compare to the those of Uncharted, Gears of War, and Crysis they are still good in their own way. The next thing I noticed is new animations. This is good because in a lot of sequels devs will recycle the same animation. I got to the story and it was extremely good no suprise there. The gameplay was great, weapons where awesome, and the characters where likeable. The multiplayer isn't that great to be honest. It seem like something they tacked on to add more to the game. Although the free DLC is a bonus it isn't much of a plus. Now here comes the ending drama. (Please note that I am writng this review after the extended cut dlc). This part of the game has gathered a lot of negative feedback. The ending by far was good. The main thing I have a problem with is what Bioware promised. The ending didn't have much variety in them. Also your decisions really don't have zero effect on the ending as well which is a huge let down. Overall this is an amazing game but if you where a fan from the begining them you will feel disapointed at the end. That doesn't take away from the game though. It does so much good that it heavily out weighs the bad. Mass Effect 3 is a 9/10 if they would have got the ending right it would have been a master piece. Expand
  28. Mar 9, 2012
    ME3 did not feel as good as ME2. The story was a bit clumsy, the characters unfriendly and the relationship in-between them vacuous or unrealistic. I felt like I was watching a young girl playing with barbie dolls, but with a science-fiction plot instead of a pink play house. Don't get me wrong, the Sci-Fi idea behind all of ME is epic, I loved it. But this last chapter failed toME3 did not feel as good as ME2. The story was a bit clumsy, the characters unfriendly and the relationship in-between them vacuous or unrealistic. I felt like I was watching a young girl playing with barbie dolls, but with a science-fiction plot instead of a pink play house. Don't get me wrong, the Sci-Fi idea behind all of ME is epic, I loved it. But this last chapter failed to deliver because of the story-telling and the quite repetitive console-like gameplay.

Here's how you beat the game: Move forward, shoot, repeat. You have nothing to think about or care about to beat the game.
  29. Apr 25, 2012
    Mass Effect pra mim eh o simbolo maior da geracao atual, sempre fui fa desde o primeiro e comprei minha edicao de colecionador por tamanho respeito e carinho que tenho pela saga. O que falar entao de Mass Effect sem parecer um fanboy? Historia irada, personagens incriveis, tecnica perfeita, mecanica anos luz a frente do primeiro e jah sensacional Mass Effect original. Eh Mass Effect 3 ehMass Effect pra mim eh o simbolo maior da geracao atual, sempre fui fa desde o primeiro e comprei minha edicao de colecionador por tamanho respeito e carinho que tenho pela saga. O que falar entao de Mass Effect sem parecer um fanboy? Historia irada, personagens incriveis, tecnica perfeita, mecanica anos luz a frente do primeiro e jah sensacional Mass Effect original. Eh Mass Effect 3 eh muito melhor do que eu imaginava, o unico jogo longo que estava torcendo pra nao acabar, nao por causa do final polemico (ate pq achei sensacional) mas porque eu sei que ao fechar seria o fim, e eu realmente nao queria o fim. Sheppard, Garrus, Thane, Jack, eu realmente vou sentir falta deles, sao personagens que me envolvi e o mais sensacional evoluiram ao longo da historia. Tenho uma coisa a dizer, Bioware muito obrigado pela experiencia, pelos momentos de indecisao de ficar por minutos pensando nas consequencias de minhas acoes, muito obrigado pela estadia na Normandy. Mass Effect 3 tem ainda um bom adendo o multiplayer, nao eh algo sensacional mas devido ao incrivel background torna a experiencia bacana, Quero muito DLCs muito mesmo, e as vezes fico imaginando plots indivduais para cada personagem. Seria maneiro o fim no ponto de vista de cada personagem, e uma mecanica diferenciada pra cada. Mas está de bom tamanho, na verdade estou satisfeito. 10 com louvor se pudesse dava 11. "Sheppard out" Expand
  30. Mar 27, 2012
    After I finished the first Mass Effect in 2007, I couldn't wait to play the two scheduled sequels. I was a little disappointed in Mass Effect 2, as there were less RPG elements in the game. It felt more commercialized. Mass Effect 3 feels even more commercialized than the second game. The addition of multiplayer was not something I was looking forward to at all, and it was just as terribleAfter I finished the first Mass Effect in 2007, I couldn't wait to play the two scheduled sequels. I was a little disappointed in Mass Effect 2, as there were less RPG elements in the game. It felt more commercialized. Mass Effect 3 feels even more commercialized than the second game. The addition of multiplayer was not something I was looking forward to at all, and it was just as terrible as I imagined. Having to suffer through disconnections, annoying people online (think any popular FPS online chatter- that kind of annoying), and the exact same gameplay over and over (the only game mode is where waves of enemies spawn, you kill them, repeat) validated my concerns about the multiplayer. I firmly believe it was put in there solely to appease a wider audience and thereby increase game sales ($$$). The single player game was amazing up until the last 10 minutes. The ending was one of the worst I have ever experienced in my 23 years of playing video games. Also, if they are planning to release a different ending via DLC, that only further proves the point that it seems to be more about the money than it does the game, Mass Effect canon, gameplay, or the fans. In summary, much of the game is amazing, but I am overall very disappointed. Wish I would have stopped playing after the original Mass Effect. Expand
  31. Mar 16, 2012
    I have never seen a game of this quality botch an ending so badly. This ending single handily brought the game down from about an 8 or 9 to 4. It
  32. Apr 1, 2012
    Ok, I've just finished the game, took me a few weeks with work commitments etc. I really didn't want to write a review until I had done that based on the other reviews here. I have to say I just don't get the criticism of the ending. I thought it was pretty poignant and kind of logical. I'm not going to add spoilers. I was sorry to lose one particular person earlier on in my play thru butOk, I've just finished the game, took me a few weeks with work commitments etc. I really didn't want to write a review until I had done that based on the other reviews here. I have to say I just don't get the criticism of the ending. I thought it was pretty poignant and kind of logical. I'm not going to add spoilers. I was sorry to lose one particular person earlier on in my play thru but it's about hard choices in war isn't it? So the game, it's nearly as good as ME2, there are way more weapon options which I liked tho. I tended to stick with the modded geth assault rifle tho the Chakram thrower from playing the koatr demo was also cool. So it was an epic run thru, my 6 year old son was invested in it too, he thought he was watching a movie, I have to drop some kudos on the multiplayer too, the first 2 weeks or so with the game I spent on that as it's very well executed and very enjoyable, check it out if you haven't. My major criticism of the game as a whole is it's too short, I like how the mini games to pick locks etc have gone, but I'm in two minds about mining etc being streamlined. So anyway, an awesome game frankly, worthy of the series. 9/10 Expand
  33. Dec 27, 2012
    I'm giving this an 8 even though I agree with a lot of the negative reviews about the ending and lack of consequences of choice. It is very fun to play, and the action/combat is tight and enjoyable (love the sniper rifle). I wish there were some large variance to the results, inviting multiple playthrus. ME2, to me, is better than ME3, but ME3 is worth at least one complete playthru, andI'm giving this an 8 even though I agree with a lot of the negative reviews about the ending and lack of consequences of choice. It is very fun to play, and the action/combat is tight and enjoyable (love the sniper rifle). I wish there were some large variance to the results, inviting multiple playthrus. ME2, to me, is better than ME3, but ME3 is worth at least one complete playthru, and if you liked ME or ME2, you'll have fun playing ME3, even if you will be left flat or confused with the end. Bring on a new ME series, and have parts of the game locked out based on a choice you make which take you down a certain path. Have character's relationships change irrevocably and have them join or not based on how they feel about you or other characters. Expand
  34. Mar 16, 2012
    I give Mass Effect 3 a 9.5. If you like video games focused on telling spectacular and immersive story's with tons of customization, then you will fall in love with the Mass Effect series. You will fall in love with this game. If you're new to the series and are thinking about playing this game, I would STRONGLY recommend playing the first two games before you play this one. Each game isI give Mass Effect 3 a 9.5. If you like video games focused on telling spectacular and immersive story's with tons of customization, then you will fall in love with the Mass Effect series. You will fall in love with this game. If you're new to the series and are thinking about playing this game, I would STRONGLY recommend playing the first two games before you play this one. Each game is about making difficult decisions shaping the future of the galaxy then carrying your decisions over into the next game in the series. So in order to get the full experience out of Mass Effect 3, then you should play the other two games first. If not, then you will be completely lost.

So overall, it's a fantastic game and one of my personal favorites. I'd strongly recommend it!
  35. Mar 11, 2012
    When i first read the user reviews on metacritic for this game i thought they were all just trolls. I was playing the game and i loved it! until i got to the end... Here is what happened, the game itself was fantastic. The story was well put together (minus the last 20 minutes) and it felt like each decision you made actually mattered. I felt good being able to unite former enemiesWhen i first read the user reviews on metacritic for this game i thought they were all just trolls. I was playing the game and i loved it! until i got to the end... Here is what happened, the game itself was fantastic. The story was well put together (minus the last 20 minutes) and it felt like each decision you made actually mattered. I felt good being able to unite former enemies against a common enemy and creating the biggest attack force ever. The war assets I spent hours collecting would actually make a difference. The gameplay was fun and challenging, the RPG aspect was present and weapon choice and customization were all well done. The graphics were good (not amazing). I encountered texture pop-ins a lot! The graphics didn't really take away from the overall experience though. It was still a lot of fun to play and experience running into your former team members throughout the game. Everything was great, and I had these great visions for how it would end...then we got to the end. *******MINOR SPOILERS MAY OCCUR. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED****

It was like, all my decisions, didn't matter. all the war assets, i never actually got to see them used. They were just a number. a statistic. The races i united and saved, i never got to see the fruits of my labor and the successes of the races. I never got to see myself settle down with my LI and live a happy life. I have been playing with a character that i had imported from mass effect 1! a character where i had become connected to and had made hard decisions and gotten attached to other characters. and then it was all thrown away. just like that. all my decisions, all the people i got to know and care about, thrown away. The ending, ruined the trilogy. Mass Effect 3 is a fantastic game and with a better ending i would have probably given it a 9.5/10 (graphics issues). The story flowed well and it was very cool to see all the decisions i made in ME1 and ME2 all matter in ME3. I loved be able to unite everyone and create peace between groups that had despised each other for centuries. The RPG elements from ME1 were re-introduced but managed to keep out the excessive micro-managing to create a good blend of ME1 and ME2. The game was great and it felt like you were making a difference and every decision had an impact on the greater good. Until the end. The end ruined the entire game for me and ruined the trilogy. The best way to play Mass Effect 3 is to play all the way up to the last battle, but don't play that if you want to save yourself major disappointing. so, I have to knock off at least 4 points from my actual score because the ending was so unsatisfying and terrible. yes, it brought a conclusion to ME but in the most terrible way possible. I demand that Bioware fix this! We did it with Fallout 3. We can do it with mass effect. Overall, Play this game. just when you get to the last battle, stop! put the game down, or replay it but save yourself the disappointment of the last battle.
  36. Mar 26, 2012
    As a avid fan of the first two installments of the series, I have to say that ME3 was disappointing beyond belief. The story completely falls apart in the last ten minutes of the game. As the final secrets are revealed, the player is confronted by the horrible truth that THE STORY MAKES NO SENSE. Clearly, the lead writer was out of his philisophical and intellectual depth. ThisAs a avid fan of the first two installments of the series, I have to say that ME3 was disappointing beyond belief. The story completely falls apart in the last ten minutes of the game. As the final secrets are revealed, the player is confronted by the horrible truth that THE STORY MAKES NO SENSE. Clearly, the lead writer was out of his philisophical and intellectual depth. This combined with EA's dispicable grab for cash with the day one DLC has made me decide never to buy another game from this publisher. Expand
  37. Apr 24, 2012
    Let me begin by saying that Mass Effect 3 is an excellent game, and is worthy of the five star rating I have assigned to it. However, you may have heard some lackluster comments about the ending, and yes, the ending was a disappointment for me, as well as many others, but this doesn't detract much from the rest of the game. The gun play has been refined to the point of near perfection, andLet me begin by saying that Mass Effect 3 is an excellent game, and is worthy of the five star rating I have assigned to it. However, you may have heard some lackluster comments about the ending, and yes, the ending was a disappointment for me, as well as many others, but this doesn't detract much from the rest of the game. The gun play has been refined to the point of near perfection, and the RPG elements have been expanded upon from Mass Effect 2, though still not as in-depth as Mass Effect, which in my opinion was a bit too complex. However, it feels as if the game took a hit in the story department, limiting your overall choices in conversations by removing the neutral options. It may seem as if I'm complaining about the story, but across all three games, it's still one of the best stories ever told in gaming. (And if you're concerned about the ending, Bioware has confirmed that a free DLC titled "Extended Cut" will be released this summer, hopefully putting an end to everyone's ending woes.)

While Mass Effect 3 may not be as amazing as it's predecessor, Mass Effect 2, they are both definitely worthy of being on the list of the best games I have ever played.

9.7/10
  38. Mar 29, 2013
    I don't know what the people who poorly rated this game were thinking but this is one legendary game. It immersed me in the first couple of hours and I can't leave ME3 for long hours once I start to play it. Despite a few flaws (especially the same button used for cover, running and jumping over obstacles), this game is pure FUN and it surely deserves my score of "9".
  39. Jun 12, 2012
    Before anyone calls me a "troll" for giving this game a zero, allow me to explain. Originally I thought this game deserved a 5/10. I found about half the content enjoyable, if a little bland. The music was lacking in atmosphere, the dialogue is ropey and the graphics buggy! (my characters head revolved like an excorcist moment!) Then came the gameplay, removed almost completely fromBefore anyone calls me a "troll" for giving this game a zero, allow me to explain. Originally I thought this game deserved a 5/10. I found about half the content enjoyable, if a little bland. The music was lacking in atmosphere, the dialogue is ropey and the graphics buggy! (my characters head revolved like an excorcist moment!) Then came the gameplay, removed almost completely from anything remotely RPG and lacking depth. The A.I are atrocious, constantly glitching through walls and running backwards into enemies. Despite this, I was enjoying an average 5/10 game. Then came the release day content that was included on the disc, pointless multiplayer, ridiculous flirting for no reason, massively boring sections of corridor shooting monotony, and the fact I had to swap disc four times within 40mins!!! This is yet another over-hyped and over-rated lazy effort from bioware. I waited and only paid £15 for it and still felt cheated. If this is the supposed "natural evolution of the RPG" I worry for the future of decent, in depth games. My last grievance, that really dropped the score, was the blatant copying of Gears Of War. The cover system I can accept, but now add roady-running, rolls, jumps and melee. Also now a hammer of dawn impression! Give it a rest Bioware and get your own ideas. Expand
  40. Mar 22, 2012
    We all know the ending was bad but my complaint is about the actual game bugs and there were bugs in this game. The very foremost is that the Shepard importer does not recognize Mass Effect 1 created Shepards so if you have a character that you have used since the first game the third game does not recognize it and you have to start a new face from scratch. I consider this a DOA criticalWe all know the ending was bad but my complaint is about the actual game bugs and there were bugs in this game. The very foremost is that the Shepard importer does not recognize Mass Effect 1 created Shepards so if you have a character that you have used since the first game the third game does not recognize it and you have to start a new face from scratch. I consider this a DOA critical error. How did this get past QA!? From the very start before the game even begins you have a broken line of code. That is unforgivable. During game play I encountered other problems such as party members getting frozen in ladders leaving you to fight the rest of the mission alone, invisible faces on Shepard, Garrus dissapeared more than once while talking to him, if you chose a specific plot arc and a character dies that character if they are your love interest the game pulls them back from the dead to have sex with you on the Normandy and then ending has more than one inescapable plot holes. I mean dead characters reappearing as if ressurected from the grave plot holes so big you could drive a Mako through them. This game felt over all rushed and I cannot recommend it to anyone unless you are someone who enjoys a bad game like some people like bad horror films. And yes I found the ending to be fundamentally in contrast to the advertising of this game. Choices ment nothing what so ever in the long run and that is just sad. Expand
  41. Mar 14, 2012
    This game is amazing. One of my favorite games of all time. Haters gonna hate. The DLC is worth the price and it took me 60 hours to complete the entire game. Totally worth the $70 price tag.
  42. Nov 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game when i played it. The Story is fantasitc, as with every other Mass Effect, and the gameplay has improved, but not by much. There has been a lot of hype over the ending of the game. The ending really was terrible. When I finished the game, I was horrified. But Bioware not only fixed it up, they fixed it for free, and came out with many other DLC's, for FREE. OtherI really enjoyed this game when i played it. The Story is fantasitc, as with every other Mass Effect, and the gameplay has improved, but not by much. There has been a lot of hype over the ending of the game. The ending really was terrible. When I finished the game, I was horrified. But Bioware not only fixed it up, they fixed it for free, and came out with many other DLC's, for FREE. Other than that, the gameplay is good, the story is excellent, but not as good as Mass Effect 2, which is still my favorite game of all time. Also, Mass Effect manages what most games can't. The game has you really caring about the characters of the game. Especially the second and third game. Overall I give this game a 8, because it is a really well made game, and I can't wait for the movie, and Mass Effect 4. Expand
  43. May 27, 2014
    This game RUINED 3 games, time invested into the choices of my characters, my xbox 360 and entire videogame console experience. I will for now stick to playing MMO's.
  44. Mar 7, 2012
    It's quite simply everything I could hope for. Amazing presentation, beautiful graphics, epic story and intense on-the-edge-of-your-seat gameplay. You won't be disappointed.
  45. Mar 6, 2012
    this game is not good an very bad desighn is copy to mass effect 2 story is very bad and etc One of the melee bosses you will see can run in a wall for 5 seconds straight, and just walk around spouting the most ridiculous ridiculous and stupid words that made me feel dirty from how amateurish the game felt, and because of some bug or "skill" he's able to swallow bullets with no damagethis game is not good an very bad desighn is copy to mass effect 2 story is very bad and etc One of the melee bosses you will see can run in a wall for 5 seconds straight, and just walk around spouting the most ridiculous ridiculous and stupid words that made me feel dirty from how amateurish the game felt, and because of some bug or "skill" he's able to swallow bullets with no damage sometimes, it is the worst combat concept I have ever seen. This game is flawed in its core, the story's foundation is flawed from the beginning Expand
  46. Mar 13, 2012
    ME3's ending = LOST ending ?!?!

First of all - please disregard those 0's or 1's for user scores. Thats simply dumb and irrelevant. And it doesn't give this game proper credit. Let's hop to the review. I am a ME fan. A big one, I must say. I really enjoyed both ME1 and ME2, even as they were different games. Did I enjoy ME3? Hm... yes, but I am not overwhelmed. The ending CAN be
    ME3's ending = LOST ending ?!?!

The ending CAN be dissapointing, but mostly due to the fact, that it depends on your overall score in SP and MP. Therefore BioWare wasn't completely honest with us. You HAVE to max out the MP experience and max out the SP experience for the best possible ending (with all possible choices).

This is the game's biggest flaw - the ending. No matter how complete it is. It just ... brings the whole experience down. To be honest, I found the ending of my first game a complete atrocity.
    I think the best way to describe would be the Lost series finale. It feels exactly the same. We've been promised miracles, all the answers and we get... if you've seen it, you'll know what to expect.

The rest of the story, on most occasions is proper, but feels written in a hurry. The chance of one of your comrades sacrificing for your cause is almost 90%. And it probably will happen - sooner or later.

There are a lot more technical bug than in both games before, IMHO. The sound glitches ( you see the subtitles, you can't hear the voice), camera glitches or interface problems (for the first time in history I had trouble pressing a button due to the introduction of roll-overs for Shepard mapped to the same button).

The visuals are generally better than before. The obvious anomaly is Ashley Williams. I am sorry, but her facial animations are at moments simply grotesque and I AM NOT ROMANCING that thing ever again (really!). The rest is, luckilly, better than okay.
    The lightning and models have been improved (in majority). Occasional glitches ruin the mood from time to time, but overally it's an enjoyable experience.

The music is very well in the place it should be. Kudos for that.

The MP experience is fun, quick paced and satisfactory. I bet I will spend a few hours enjoying it.

To sum up - for a fan of this universe, the final moments are unworthy of the overall masterpiece that Mass Effect trilogy is. That's suprising, when it's a BioWare game. On the road to the finale a few tear bringing moments are to happen for sure. It's just that when you watch the ending, your eyes are dry and your somewhat bored. And that's the one thing I didn't expect from this game.

Therefore, I can't give it more than a 9. If I didn't play the whole thing, it'd be an 8.
  47. Mar 6, 2012
    Bought it, noticed that my savefile from mass effect 2 was ignored, as I had to remake Shepard's face, returned it.

if you are going to make a trilogy, at-least make it work properly 'bioware'
  48. Apr 29, 2012
    It's a shame so many users have chosen to take out their frustration with the game's ending rather than rate the whole thing. The team behind these games really polished the engine and concept from ME2 and made it work better than ever in ME3. It's true, for many the ending may detract from the experience for some (I was not disappointed, but I can see how it would seem unfulfilling forIt's a shame so many users have chosen to take out their frustration with the game's ending rather than rate the whole thing. The team behind these games really polished the engine and concept from ME2 and made it work better than ever in ME3. It's true, for many the ending may detract from the experience for some (I was not disappointed, but I can see how it would seem unfulfilling for some, and why DLC is coming to flesh it out). The rest of the game though is tremendous, and even the multiplayer works well (and is FUN). This is one time you should go with the critics, and less with the user score, it's less biased on one single point of the game. Expand
  49. Mar 25, 2012
    After reading all of the user reviews, I question if they even know what they are saying. Would you petition an author to rewrite a book just because it didn't have an ending you liked? No. Mass Effect 3 has superseded all of my expectations and hopes I have grown since the first day Mass Effect 1 came out. The story is impressively extensive, and the combat has somehow improved upon theAfter reading all of the user reviews, I question if they even know what they are saying. Would you petition an author to rewrite a book just because it didn't have an ending you liked? No. Mass Effect 3 has superseded all of my expectations and hopes I have grown since the first day Mass Effect 1 came out. The story is impressively extensive, and the combat has somehow improved upon the second. Many critisize the ending, and many give the game a "0" just because BioWare released downloadable content day one that was on the disc. What do I say? Don't buy the content, haha! It is embarrasing to have such whiners in the community, I truly believe they are all great people, smart, and are intelligent, but I believe people are losing themselves over a franchise they were so obsessed with, that because the ending left some questions unanswered, that because the ending was so out of their reach, they want to have one cohessive thought, and that (for some reason) is to complain. The game itself is not broken like some idiots try to reason, which is beyond me. The story is a masterpiece among modern games, a pinnacle of unventured futures of scifi epics, one that can rival that of Star Wars and Star Trek. Do NOT let the negative reviews get you down, and just play it. Expand
  50. Mar 12, 2012
    Please note that my score is on a purely subjective basis. It's my gut feeling about the game. That said, I was almost ready to call this my favorite game ever until the last 10 minutes rolled in. The ending was so bad, so cheap, so poorly written, and such a shock to the mind; that it basically ruined the entire series for me. I simply cannot imagine how they could have ended it on a morePlease note that my score is on a purely subjective basis. It's my gut feeling about the game. That said, I was almost ready to call this my favorite game ever until the last 10 minutes rolled in. The ending was so bad, so cheap, so poorly written, and such a shock to the mind; that it basically ruined the entire series for me. I simply cannot imagine how they could have ended it on a more sour, bitter, depressing note. And for that, I am TRULY sorry. What a waste. Ugh... Expand
  51. Mar 6, 2012
    Solid singleplayer, amazing multiplayer, If you have played mass effect 1 or 2 then you already have this game and love it, I'm not going to be able to say anything to help. If you don't have this game, Think if your favorite shooter had select-able squadmates, customizable weapons and armor. Now if it had a story like a choose your own adventure.
  52. Mar 6, 2012
    #1 No controller allowed for PC
    #2 The grfx suck balls for a game released in 2012
    #3 The story is boring by THE FIRST CUTSCENE (in other words it starts boring) EA ate this developer (BioWare) and they turned the good things going on there into mush. Mass Effect 2 and now Mass Effect 3 are crap and it is a damn shame because any real gamer who played Mass Effect knows how cool it was and
    #1 No controller allowed for PC
    #2 The grfx suck balls for a game released in 2012
    #3 The story is boring by THE FIRST CUTSCENE (in other words it starts boring)

EA ate this developer (BioWare) and they turned the good things going on there into mush. Mass Effect 2 and now Mass Effect 3 are crap and it is a damn shame because any real gamer who played Mass Effect knows how cool it was and knows how awesome it would have been if BioWare had just been left alone to do their thing. If EA never came along with their whore money then we'd probably just be seeing Mass Effect 2 right now and it would be epic, but instead we've already had 2 sequels and a Dragon Age game in the amount of time it used to take BioWare to make one real game. Add to that, Dragon Age 2 was as appetizing as cold puke.

Well, that is what you get when EA comes around with their whore money. You get sold out. You get a game like "The Simpsons". This game sucks and I hate EA, like every other real gamer out there. Killzone 3 was far better than this drivel, this crap fest, and Killzone 3 wasn't the best showing.

ME3 is a masquerade of a dead developers old ideas. ME was awesome, but it is dead and EA has been wringing money out of a corpse, much like a record label does to its dead artists. And, that is exactly what EA does, it buys talent and then whores it to death using only the name of something that was once great. EA may have a hundred thousand talented developers but it doesn't matter one bit. It is well known that EA rushes their games to the market in order to get cash. Their MO is buy a popular game and whore it out. That's what you have here ME3 is an ugly whore of pimp daddy EA, just wants your cash, doesn't give a crap if you come back for more ME4 or 5 because they'll have new whores soon.

And, BioWare can kiss my ass too. Sellouts.
    Enjoy your yachts and whatever else you bought.
    I don't care. You aren't getting anymore of my money.

You can feel in every corner of this game from the menu to the action that this is not a BioWare game. ME 3 is ME2 with a different story, there is absolutely no difference between the two. If you liked ME then you will hate this, just like ME2.

Why are you so tasteless EA?
    Why can't you make a game that does more than taste like stale cardboard?
    I've got nothing against you except for the fact that you just SUCK at making anything fun.
  53. Jun 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I remember waiting for ME3 last year, getting excited thanks to all the E3 footage, thinking about how good this game will be.Well, was I wrong?Mostly, no.The game is great and above average.But is it better than the previous games?

Not even close.The main thing that made ME1 & 2 so great was the storyline, the characters, the lore, the conversations.

The RPG and combat elements together in ME1 weren't so great and the game ended being quite buggy.But it had something that no other game at the time had.With ME2, this was taken to the next level with even more conversation options and characters.ME2 was a rather personal tale, and while it was incredible, it felt more like a sub story.The amount of depth in the game's characters is something that you don't normally see.While the combat improved in ME2, the RPG elements were dumbed down to the point where it's just barely an RPG, but still being acceptable.

Now, based on the above, what you would expect from ME3 is more refined, better RPG elements and more focus on the main storyline with the convo options staying mainly the same.

But no.What we got with ME3 is insane amount of auto dialogue, less conversation options, and an overall more simple plot.Oh, and we also got totally GOW like combat and multiplayer.WHY?

Now if you actually read this far, you might be wondering what I mean by "more simple plot".While the previous games had many twists and turns to keep the story rolling, the only proper twist in ME3 was SPOILERS the citadel being the catalyst.Now, I do agree with others that the Tuchanka & Rannoch missions were incredible and very well written, the storyline itself is about nothing but gaining alliances while a super plot device being built.

The other thing I disliked about the story is some of the villians.The illusive man was one of the most interesting characters through ME2, and I could've imagined him being both the villian and the secret ally in ME3.But, instead, he is forced to be a villian, and not just that, but they also made him completely retarded in ME3.Some might argue that he is indoctrinated however, i'm quite sure he isn't right up untill he "injects himself" (seen aboard the Cerb. hq, on the very last video log.)Kai Leng, is just lame.He was a great villian in the books, but here he's just a **** who only survives as long as he does because of plot shields and his precious gunship.

The combat being upgraded to GOW level was just completely unnessacary.But the worst thing still is what they did to the convo options.Shepard doesn't really feel like your shepard anymore.Or not mostly anyways.

The other, very big issue with ME3 is the sidequests.The fetch quests are just boring and rather pointless, while the N7 missions are just multiplayer maps with some lore attached to them.They bored me to death, honestly.

Now that my main issues are out of the way, let's discuss the good things about ME3.
    -Although the combat is very GOW like, it is quite fun, and the more improved RPG elements are just great.
    -Many of the missions are very well put together, infact, I have to say I enjoyed most of them, besides the retarded fetch quests and N7 missions of course.
    -While the convo options are dumbed down, the dialogue itself, is very well written and a real treat to long time fans.The only dialogue I was honestly dissapointed with is the speeches, which are not half as epic as they were in ME2.
    -The multiplayer, while completely unnessacary, is quite enjoyable.For some time, atleast.The unlock system, although critisized by many, is one of the highlights of the MP in my opinion.
    -The (NEW) ending.The ending, at first, before EC, was horrible.No closure, no explanation, just crap.With EC on the other hand, the ending is very well explained and also gives more than enough closure as well as a much better reflection of your choices.
    -The graphics and the scenery is nice.Not the best, and certainly won't impress and PC graphics geeks, it is good.

Overall, dispite the unforgivable thing they did to the storytelling and converstations, the game still ends up being great.I personally enjoyed it a lot, even like this, although I was left somewhat dissapointed.

8.4/10
  54. Mar 6, 2012
    A massive disappointment, where is the rpg system? And can we speak about the awful story? A series that has declined every step. The dialogue is embarrassingly like the decision-making-system. Bioware has ruined a great game and a great saga, generating a simple tps...
  55. Mar 7, 2012
    Let me start off by saying, I adore the Mass Effect universe, and loved both the first and second games. Mass Effect three, on the other hand, feels like a watered down version of the previous titles. The areas are smaller, exploration is all but gone, and combat is easier than ever. I blazed through the game in no time, and felt cheated at some of the 'emotional' payoffs the story teamLet me start off by saying, I adore the Mass Effect universe, and loved both the first and second games. Mass Effect three, on the other hand, feels like a watered down version of the previous titles. The areas are smaller, exploration is all but gone, and combat is easier than ever. I blazed through the game in no time, and felt cheated at some of the 'emotional' payoffs the story team tried to unload on me. Compared to other games available on the Xbox 360, its still a very decent game, but compared to the other Mass Effect games, this is inexcusable, and I'll never get the resolution that this series rightfully deserved. Expand
  56. Mar 28, 2012
    Everything you have come to enjoy and expect from mass effect. The gameplay is improved and the places you go feel alive. Multiplayer is a nice tack on fun to play with friends bad is its a pick up group. The game as a whole is fantastic...until it ends. I'm not going to down my score based on that alone but I will let be known that I hope Bioware does follow through and give their loyalEverything you have come to enjoy and expect from mass effect. The gameplay is improved and the places you go feel alive. Multiplayer is a nice tack on fun to play with friends bad is its a pick up group. The game as a whole is fantastic...until it ends. I'm not going to down my score based on that alone but I will let be known that I hope Bioware does follow through and give their loyal fan base the ending they deserve. It's not a band wagon thing or trying to ruin their artistic integrity because I do believe games have become a form of art. I believe it is their right to tell their story the way they want. But a story is not a story without the final act. Bioware has done something amazing that no other game has done to date. Made a series when the player is so engaged and involved in a game that it has become the players story. That in itself is an accomplishment and it shows with the player backlash with the ending we were provided. So I recommend this game and the entire series to anyone. I have high hopes that Bioware will prove they are as loyal to their fans as their fans are to them and the Mass Effect universe. Expand
  57. Mar 29, 2012
    BEEN UNABLE TO PLAY FOR OVER 2 WEEKS DUE TO KNOW BUG.EA SUPPORT IS NO HELP AT ALL. BIOWARE JUST KEEPS SAYING NOTHING BUT WE WILL HAVE IT FIXED SOON. WASTE OF MONEY. plus little i did get to play was just a horrible rehash for all those stupid people who love the same thing over and over and over....
  58. Mar 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect 3 is a brilliant game. For someone whose played the previous 2, there are lots of nods and implications for previous decisions and interactions. Playing through the game and randomly running into previous squad mates or characters is a treat. The game encourages you to explore and take in everything around you.
    The Multiplayer is a lot of fun but it does have a few short comings. It points out to some of the combat issues that game has had since the beginning. Cover can still be sloppy and reviving can be a pain in the ass. Hopefully these things can be solved in the future with patches.
    The only reason I won't give this game a 10 is the ending. I won't spoil the whole thing, but no matter which ending you pick, the same thing happens. A game that asks you to make your own choices and creates your own path leads to a very linear, scripted ending. I'm left asking more questions and demanding closure in what should have been a perfect 10 game.
  59. Mar 10, 2012
    When I first started Mass Effect 2, I was absolutely blown away. I was until the end of the game, and couldn't wait for Mass Effect 3. However, I don't feel as captivated as before. It seems while most of what made Mass Effect 2 so amazing was kept - the most important aspect of what made Mass Effect stand out, was dumbed down. The dialogue choices are almost non existent, and when thereWhen I first started Mass Effect 2, I was absolutely blown away. I was until the end of the game, and couldn't wait for Mass Effect 3. However, I don't feel as captivated as before. It seems while most of what made Mass Effect 2 so amazing was kept - the most important aspect of what made Mass Effect stand out, was dumbed down. The dialogue choices are almost non existent, and when there are choices for you to make - it's more a "do it", or "do not" do it that really stands out. There isn't a whole lot of branching out within discussions to learn more about a situation. There are however, cinematic s galore. There are multiple times where your watching one and a question is asked - and you look down to see the conversation wheel. But it doesn't appear. As far as RP elements, it's pretty much lost all of them. This feels more like a super sci fi version of Gears of War with weapon customization. It's not a bad game by any means. But it lost a lot of what made Mass Effect special, and so captivating. Expand
  60. Mar 21, 2012
    I am very disappointed with the gripers of this game. while it does a developing mechanical issues... and the genre isn't as defined as some of the raging fans might want it to be... the game as a whole is outstanding.

Let's talk about that ending, spoiler free: It wasn't the cliched "happily every after" ending. Get over it. Nor was it the macabre "everybody dies" ending that some people were expecting. It was a nested medium of the two, while having conflict resolution.

It might help if some of the casual gamers who bought this game just because of the advertising and high school chatter would actually go back and play the first two. Find some middle-ground. This game shouldn't be in the red, lol. Be ashamed.
  61. Mar 6, 2012
    I recall going to gamestop on the release day of Mass Effect 1 and picking up what turned out to be one of the best games I have ever put inside my xbox 360 game tray. It had story which showed truly got me involved in the game with the decisions I made actually making a difference in the way the story formed. the dialogue was superb and the voice acting was nothing but. In addition, theI recall going to gamestop on the release day of Mass Effect 1 and picking up what turned out to be one of the best games I have ever put inside my xbox 360 game tray. It had story which showed truly got me involved in the game with the decisions I made actually making a difference in the way the story formed. the dialogue was superb and the voice acting was nothing but. In addition, the levelling system was fantastic with tons of different perks and skilltree options for the player to choose from. I obviously chose to purchase ME2, only to be somewhat disappointed by the lack of the great dialogue, options and skills which made the original such a joy to play. I soon realized that these choices were made in order for this game to appeal to a larger audience. I decided to give Bioware another chance at making the final game of the series. I was even more disappointed with the horrible dialogue which was used in the game. The choices give the player a false sense of freedom, when in actuality, the choices barely affect the story. In addition, Mass Effect 3 includes many gears of war-esque cheesy dialogue, which really got me thinking: "what happened to the great writers that amazed me in the first game of this series". The gameplay was also clunky with weird animations which just made the entire experience awkward. My entire experience with this game was ruined and I hope Bioware can find it's legs and create the great games which we are so used to them creating. cheers. Expand
  62. Mar 6, 2012
    Repetitive Gameplay,

little has changed since ME2 gameplay wise; don't know why reviewers have given this game such praise when it's clearly no different innovation-wise and more of the same The only reason I even bought this game was for the Story and so far it's alright but I regret buying it since i could of easily of watched a let's play on youtube, saved my money and avoided this
    Repetitive Gameplay,

little has changed since ME2 gameplay wise;

The only reason I even bought this game was for the Story and so far it's alright but I regret buying it since i could of easily of watched a let's play on youtube, saved my money and avoided this outdated mess of a cover system
  63. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is awesome. All these people are just trolling. Stupid idiots ruining this website.......................................................................................................................
  64. May 7, 2012
    (possible spoilers)
    (possible spoilers)
    Hate that is directed towards this game is only due to fans getting an ending they were not expecting. The ending does not and should not take away the fact that Mass Effect 3 is a fun and engaging game that has lovable characters and a deep, rich world. Would I have liked the ME series to end a bit different? absolutely, but the fact is how the game ends leaves plenty of room for interpretation(which is a trend that we gamers are the cause of). Hopefully the coming extended cut DLC will bring more closure to fans that wanted to see the effects that their Shepard had on the Galaxy. Fans should note this was Shep's story if he were to die that should be it for the story.
  65. Mar 9, 2012
    Best in the series so far. Ignore all the negative reviews, they complain about small things and are generally dumb reviews. this is some amazing storytelling.
  66. Mar 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, like Mass Effect 2 and 3. But too many damned bugs (2 mission impossible to get accomplished) and i got a bit disappointed with the ending. The ending itself is OK, but... all the choices made in 3 games became... nothing! Or at least, nothing i can see in the end. I would give it 10 if all the bugs are corrected and a decent ending (maybe the same ending but with many consequences made by previous decisions) Expand
  67. Mar 6, 2012
    All these negative reviews are a joke. The game is a league above every other game out there. Looking at the critic reviews, this will be game of the year.
  68. Mar 6, 2012
    The story takes you along a grand ride through beautiful cinematics and epic battles. Bioware knows the correct formula in making a great game and they stuck by what makes Mass Effect great. The storyline is simple, save Earth. You are faced with the task of assembling your team again to face the group Cerberus, the infamous reapers, swarms of husks, and some great new enemies. YouThe story takes you along a grand ride through beautiful cinematics and epic battles. Bioware knows the correct formula in making a great game and they stuck by what makes Mass Effect great. The storyline is simple, save Earth. You are faced with the task of assembling your team again to face the group Cerberus, the infamous reapers, swarms of husks, and some great new enemies. You are able to explore and discover various planets full of resources, weapons, upgrades and more... This galactic adventure will have you glued to your seat addicted for more and if you haven't played ME1 or ME2 there's no need to worry. The story allows you to hop right into the present time and it will fill in the gaps for you. Don't pay attention to the Mass Effect trolls who think Bioware is attempting to gain the COD audience. No offense, but the average COD players are the one ones trolling the forums blasting this game because they are mostly simple minded and complexity in games isn't favorable to them. Take a chance on Mass Effect if you enjoy a great story and intense war sequences. This game is the real deal! Expand
  69. Mar 18, 2012
    Great Game. Great Ending. Dont like it? Write a better one. Just because YOU think the end should be a certain way doesn't make it the case. Consider this a life lesson. For the most part, whats going to happen is going to happen. It's all about the journey.
  70. Mar 6, 2012
    The only reason there isn't more 10 out of 10 reviews right now is because people who are actually enjoying it are playing it right now. Trolls come in herds and think its fun to review negatively. If any game had only remote instances taken from ME1 & 2 it would never have at minimum a score of a 0 however this game far surpasses that in every aspect so I don't get it. MORE MASS EFFECTThe only reason there isn't more 10 out of 10 reviews right now is because people who are actually enjoying it are playing it right now. Trolls come in herds and think its fun to review negatively. If any game had only remote instances taken from ME1 & 2 it would never have at minimum a score of a 0 however this game far surpasses that in every aspect so I don't get it. MORE MASS EFFECT DOES NOT AND WILL NEVER constitute a score of 0 in my eyes. There was definitely a ton of work that went into this game and should be reviewed on the content it presents. Great game, if you are swayed by the trolls you would only be doing yourself a disservice. Expand
  71. Apr 20, 2012
    I have been a huge fan of this series and bought the collector's edition of all 3 games, but after finishing Mass Effect 3 I have not only lost all interest in the series, but will never be playing another BioWare game. The ending negates everything you did in all 3 games, and doesn't take into account anything that you did along the way, it just comes down to 3 arbitrary choices, all ofI have been a huge fan of this series and bought the collector's edition of all 3 games, but after finishing Mass Effect 3 I have not only lost all interest in the series, but will never be playing another BioWare game. The ending negates everything you did in all 3 games, and doesn't take into account anything that you did along the way, it just comes down to 3 arbitrary choices, all of which are bad, and make no sense. And it is too bad, because I honestly thought this was the best game I ever played until I hit the end, but seeing the 3 endings provided (really one ending with some variations) has left an empty feeling in my stomach, and ruined the entire story for me. I will not pay for any more download content (which is how the game ends telling you to wait for download content that will be coming), nor playing another BioWare game ever again. I just don't understand how the game could not only not allow the choice that the whole series is built on, but also not even seem to understand what you had accomplished in the game. If you are a fan of the series and have not picked it up, don't, let your good image of this game not be tarnished by this awful ending! Expand
  72. Mar 6, 2012
    Lots of fun, great game. The game has 3 settings; 1 for people wanting to play a shooter, 1 for traditional mass effect players, and 1 for people that don't want to deal with shooting. Be warned, this choice effects the rest of the game. There's no mandatory DLC, it's an optional character with no story outside the DLC.. just like Mass effect 2's DLC.
  73. Mar 9, 2012
    This game have should be launch on November or December 2011 on the holidays, I do not know much of games engine but this got to be the best ever. So much you can do and no limitations. If you are not a fan well like Yoda said "You will be".
  74. Mar 22, 2012
    In an attempt to make this game appealing to new coming fans- they completely and utterly DESTROYED the necessity of the first two games...literally no POINT in playing them...NONE. Sad death of a legend.
  75. Mar 16, 2012
    I honestly don't know why everyone is complaining... I've been following this series since Mass Effect 1, and this final installment does not disappoint.
  76. Mar 8, 2012
    Another crap space shooter rehash, this garbage is killing the gaming industry. When will you silly publishers stop funding this filth and start promoting innovation in games again? Games need depth, not pay-to-win multi player and push button - receive win single player.
  77. May 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not like most of the people who have reviewed ME3 here up to this point. By this I mean that I'm 47 years old. I also was introduced to this series with ME3. I only got into console-based gaming three or four years ago; the last console I owned before my PS3 was an Intellivision (swear to God). There were several titles in 2009 which grabbed my attention by the ba11s and totally immersed me into gaming. That being said, I tried the demo to ME2 when it hit the PSN a couple of years ago and it made NO sense to me - controlling 2 other characters and figuring out how AI had progressed SO much was just too much for my head to grapple with. Then came ME3. Not only did it romance the heck out of me with the ads (still can't believe they worked so well on me), I suckered into the hype of release day. Still didn't play it for 2 weeks. Then once I started I couldn't stop. I was overwhelmed by the emotions that this game was pulling out of me ... when I went to work, I couldn't stop thinking about what I'd just experienced. I couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen next ... the first time I had to wipe out an entire civilization it devastated me. My friends started becoming concerned about my inability to separate fact from fiction! ; ) I wasn't aware of the romance options ... and when Steve Cortez said that he had lost his husband in a Collector invasion ... I dropped my controller. (I'm a gay guy). Thank God a friend was here to confirm what I thought I had just heard. (so what if the dialogue betw. Shep and Steve becomes a little contrived ... the ADVANCEMENT that this is for us gays feels MONUMENTAL to me). I almost fell off the edge of my chair while bringing Javic back to life. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, was some BRILLIANT scifi writing. (re the salarians: "they used to eat flies." --- OMG!) Then I got to the end. After I finally stopped CRYING because Shepard had almost just died like that I got to the ending sequence. I knew I hated that little kid from the beginning. I like to think I understand the ending ... and how it got there. I HATE the fact that he (presumably) had to die. HATE IT. I didn't necessarily like the ending to "Schindler's List" either, but that's how it was meant to be seen. Everything in life doesn't come with closure or wrap itself up in a tidy little ending to make you feel better. Some things just are what they are and leave us to figure it out ... or not. If you really think about it, the ending could have been A LOT worse. But this game intrigued me so much that I RAN to get ME2 and ME. Which brings me REALLY to why I'm writing this. The technical advancement from ME to ME3 is reason enough to gush about the game. I was a little thrown off by the "godzilla"-like lip movements, but my God people ... in just 10 years the technological advancements that were made with this series is something that should be rewarded (like by an Academy Award or something). (sorry for the upcoming pun) The mass effect (told you) that this game had on me will always stay with me. And keep me gaming into my 80s (probably).

Someone on this page made a comment about ME3 being "sodomic and heterophobic"... first, dude, those aren't words. Second, the majority of the world is straight. Statistically gay is only 10% of the population. By giving the male Shep a possible 2 out of 7 love interests that pretty much keeps in line with global statistics. Unless you think the entire world is hetero-phobic .... ??

I think ME3 ROCKED. (and thanks for letting me rant like this! : )
  78. Apr 18, 2012
    I will give this game a 7 why?, well it truly starts good, but the last part feels rushed and the ending feels like a book from stephen king... **** ending. Your past decisions does not have much of impact neither your current ones for the ending. then there is multiplayer, its cool and fun but I keep getting booted of EA servers along with tons of other players, besides there is thisI will give this game a 7 why?, well it truly starts good, but the last part feels rushed and the ending feels like a book from stephen king... **** ending. Your past decisions does not have much of impact neither your current ones for the ending. then there is multiplayer, its cool and fun but I keep getting booted of EA servers along with tons of other players, besides there is this glitch where my game freezes at a never ending loading screen at the main menu and I have to do a ritual of disconnecting xbox from internet and such and reconnecting it to be able to play. Game is good but has lots of flaws. Expand
  79. Mar 7, 2012
    as a competitive call of duty player this is my favorite scifi game on the pc

i like how there are aliens and you can have magical abilities, i also enjoyed having sex with every crew member and i liked the vega character the most because i can identify with him. he is very tough and looks very good. i want to be like him one day. hoo-rah. i also liked the story very much, its about
    as a competitive call of duty player this is my favorite scifi game on the pc

i also liked the story very much, its about reavers that are like space zombies and an illusion man that is your father or something. and there is a really cool assassin called mai king, she tries to kill you because she works for the reavers.

its a very deep game, i hope they make a sequel one day because i want to know what happened to vega. or a prequel that is more about vega. they also make an animated movie that is about vega, which is awesome, ill totally watch it with my dad.

80. Mar 6, 2012
    I dislike that they are trying to market this game off to casual gamers. As a trilogy I would rather have had them do what they did with this game to the previous two. Aside from that, the game isn't all bad. Although the game still feels much simpler than the first, the shooter element has gotten a vast improvement. The multiplayer is great, addictive and avoidable if you do not haveI dislike that they are trying to market this game off to casual gamers. As a trilogy I would rather have had them do what they did with this game to the previous two. Aside from that, the game isn't all bad. Although the game still feels much simpler than the first, the shooter element has gotten a vast improvement. The multiplayer is great, addictive and avoidable if you do not have means to play it online. All in all the game is great for mass effect fans. If you have yet to play the first and second ME I suggest you do before playing this, it will greatly improve what would otherwise be a very confusing story. Expand
  81. Mar 14, 2012
    Overall a very solid game. I have been a fan/player since ME1 and ME2. Played through both at least 5 times. Already on new game + for ME3. Game play is good, not great, but just as good as ME2. Weapons, classes, squad-mates are good. Wish I could have a few more of the old favorites (I won't mention for people who didn't get to certain spots in the game yet). In effect, very closeOverall a very solid game. I have been a fan/player since ME1 and ME2. Played through both at least 5 times. Already on new game + for ME3. Game play is good, not great, but just as good as ME2. Weapons, classes, squad-mates are good. Wish I could have a few more of the old favorites (I won't mention for people who didn't get to certain spots in the game yet). In effect, very close visually to ME2 (bit better IMHO) and same goes for game play. Enemies are challenging and different. There are some surprising outcomes and you don't always get to be the "good guy (Paragon)" if you want to get the best outcome. I'm a little annoyed about the Effect Combat Readiness stuck at 50% without extra play (MP, some iOS game, etc.) I think I did almost everything and the best I could get was around 3800. I also bought the guide too (highly recommend or at least the online IGN or Wiki). Endings I've seen so far are a bit weak for the series. I thought they would put more into it. But I have a feeling this isn't the end of ME (or even Shepard perhaps). Maybe EA pushed BioWare to setup for a fourth in the series. Who knows. Definitely has re-playability, so I recommend a buy vs. rent. Also with a buy you get 2 day gold pass for MP (if you don't have an Xbox live account). First DLC is good too, but really should have been included in the main game. Expand
  82. Apr 10, 2012
    Excellent Game, comparable to ME2
    Good- Long, like new gameplay(Climbing smarter enemies), story interesting
    Bad - Audio sync is terrible, ok ending, multiplayer with decrease in galactic rating 1% per day
  83. Mar 21, 2012
    I have to say that this is probably my favorite game in the series, as it causes the playing character to actually reflect on what his/her choices actually amount to after all three segments of the epic are finished. I understand that many people are very disappointed with the ending presented, and without spoiling anything, I want to state that I understand many of the complaints aboutI have to say that this is probably my favorite game in the series, as it causes the playing character to actually reflect on what his/her choices actually amount to after all three segments of the epic are finished. I understand that many people are very disappointed with the ending presented, and without spoiling anything, I want to state that I understand many of the complaints about the ending--personally I like a game to break its boundaries and have a tangible effect on how I feel as a gamer. The game play in this segment of the series is excellent, a true amalgam of the first and second games. The multiplayer aspect of the game also keeps the game fresh after the two (or more) mandatory playthroughs to see the effects of the paragon/renegade choices. With that said, however, I will say that I was disappointed with how many graphical glitches I encountered through my playthroughs. I saw many occurrences of invisible or skewed models in cutscenes and during gameplay.

All in all, though, the game was a fantastic emotional experience, the ending included. Minus a few graphical issues here and there, I would honestly say that this game is worthy addition to the fantastic Mass Effect series.
  84. Mar 6, 2012
    Ignore the critics.

alright guys mass effect, i'm sure everyone is going to get it one day. but reviews should be based on the retail price at release so here we go. ME3 is just like ME2, you get the goodies of character interaction, voice acting, and the awesome story. the combat has gotten a little clunkier as seen by the demo, but its not too bad. the reason mass effect is getting
    Ignore the critics.

the reason mass effect is getting such a low score is how long it is.. you can do it all in 30-40 hours after that might as well sell the game compare that to skyrim's 170 hours, or dragon age origins 70 hours.
    do yourselves a favor, save $ and wait until this hits the $20 price it should have started at. personally i'l be picking up batman arkam city since it is a good price now (30)

side note, didn't do multiplayer yet, but from the demo it will be boring in a day just play Horde in gears and you get the idea.
  85. Mar 28, 2012
    Despite the ending, BIOWARE put together another game that I fully engrossed myself in for two straight days. This game may not have had any new graphics, but it came with a plethora of weapons and gear which the Mass Effect 2 lacked. This game meshed ME1 and ME2 perfectly and the decisions felt as real as ever. The one blemish to this amazing game of course us the ending. As a true fan ofDespite the ending, BIOWARE put together another game that I fully engrossed myself in for two straight days. This game may not have had any new graphics, but it came with a plethora of weapons and gear which the Mass Effect 2 lacked. This game meshed ME1 and ME2 perfectly and the decisions felt as real as ever. The one blemish to this amazing game of course us the ending. As a true fan of anything BIOWARE, I can truly say that this is not enough to ruin a perfect score especially with the company re-writing the ending. It is TBD whether or not they will force you to pay money for said "DLC". But if i were BIOWARE, given the absolutely terrible feedback from FANS, i would think they would not charge. BUT EA is the overall leader and has the finals say in that matter. EA has had a bad history of being untrue to their fans. We'll see folks. Although the ending of ME2 is much more memorable, this game ended how it should have and will now have an even better ending with more closure. I think we can all thank BIOWARE for giving us such a great trilogy to remember (and still be playing over and over and again) for years to come. So, fans of the trilogy and BIOWARE, stop with the bad reviews, the game was glorious and the games will always be the best storyline I have ever experienced. So with that, I give this game an 11 out of 10 for effort on BIOWARE's behalf. Keep up the good work guys! Expand
  86. Dec 3, 2012
    The first 95% of the game is good, and the last 5% is so atrociously bad and out of character for the series that it will have you going "WTF was that crap?" for months after you finish playing - if the reason you've played Mass Effect has anything to do with its story or characters, that is.

The only element up to par with ME2 is the combat, which has been further streamlined and polished. The sidequest system is a step back from ME2 - you just wander around until you overhear somebody give you a mission. The quest log/journal system is as poor as ever, and planet scanning is still a lousy mechanic. Strangely, there are also fewer and less interesting characters to interact with or have in your party than there were in ME2.

Also, the plot is formulaic and boring. The plot overall is basically just a rehash of what Bioware already did in Dragon Age: Origins, and the overall mission/character structure is monotonously identical to previous ME games (if you pick a romantic interest - even if it's an old one that you ALREADY had a relationship with - you can't really do anything except get a PG sex scene right before the final mission).

And oh dear God the ending. Wow. It's bad enough that I'm giving this game a LEGIT 0/10. This is NOT a troll score. The ending quite literally RUINED the entire series for me - I doubt I'll ever play a ME game again, and this is coming from someone who has played at least 6-8 times to completion on ME1 and ME2. I don't want to go into extended detail about why the ending is so awful, so here's the abbreviated version (not a comprehensive list):
    - It's a Deus Ex Machina ending of the worst kind
    - It basically has nothing to do with your actions earlier in the game or earlier in the trilogy
    - It radically alters the entire framework of the narrative within a span of about 30 seconds, without any apparent reason to do so or any explanation
    - In a series about relationships with characters and a grand story where your choices matter, the climactic ending to the entire series has basically nothing to do with character relationships or your previous choices AND the final choice you are given is not explained and seemingly inconsequential.

It's not hyperbole to say that the climactic ending to this series is simply you being asked the question "Do you like Red, Green, or Blue better?"

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Yes, it's Bioware's artistic right to make an awful ending. But the fact that Bioware made it and calls it "art" doesn't mean it is good. It's not. It's as far away from good storytelling and writing as you can get. It's just nonsensical.

Without the ending, this game is probably an 8/10. With the ending, it's utter trash that spoils a great 3-game story arc for no reason.
  87. Mar 9, 2012
    The Mass Effect series had been my favorite video games, bar none. As someone playing it from the beginning, I was an avid supporter and introduced the game to numerous friends and family but the ending has ruined the game for me. Taking my time, I picked every perfect choice and at the end I was left with 3 endings all of which made the character I had developed worthless. Was I able toThe Mass Effect series had been my favorite video games, bar none. As someone playing it from the beginning, I was an avid supporter and introduced the game to numerous friends and family but the ending has ruined the game for me. Taking my time, I picked every perfect choice and at the end I was left with 3 endings all of which made the character I had developed worthless. Was I able to save the galaxy? Yes. However, it was at the cost of a character and relationships which I had become deeply entwined in for the previous 4 years. Though the content pre-ending was good, the terrible ending which Bioware forced on the players makes me wish I had never played the game to begin with. Perhaps it's silly to care so much but I played an enriched game which allowed the players to really learn to love characters who, at the end of my game, were dead, stranded, or abandoned. Thanks for nothing Bioware... Expand
  88. Mar 6, 2012
    2007, I will never forget you for you introduced me to the 7th gen of gaming and the best Sci fI GASIM that I have had in gaming since Wing Commander. ME1 was the high of my 25years of gaming. What makes it even better is that us gamers get 2 more games:) Haters will hate. But you have to be very spoilt to hate such a piece of art made by passionate hard working people. Sure I hate day 12007, I will never forget you for you introduced me to the 7th gen of gaming and the best Sci fI GASIM that I have had in gaming since Wing Commander. ME1 was the high of my 25years of gaming. What makes it even better is that us gamers get 2 more games:) Haters will hate. But you have to be very spoilt to hate such a piece of art made by passionate hard working people. Sure I hate day 1 DLC but that is just the new work model of todays Industry so get over it.

I gave it a 10 based on the simple fact that it has to be better than ME1. Good Effort and thanks for my 90-100hours of Sci Fi bliss. Something that Star Trek should have done.
  89. Mar 8, 2012
    This was an unfortunate step backward for the franchise, it's lost a large amount of its charm. Now mind you, this isn't as bad as the whole Dragon Age 2 fiasco, but Mass Effect was once a magical experience. That feeling of a fun sci-fi rpg has been cast aside for an action movie pornography that tries too hard to have a great story and in the process became a mediocre B movie. TheThis was an unfortunate step backward for the franchise, it's lost a large amount of its charm. Now mind you, this isn't as bad as the whole Dragon Age 2 fiasco, but Mass Effect was once a magical experience. That feeling of a fun sci-fi rpg has been cast aside for an action movie pornography that tries too hard to have a great story and in the process became a mediocre B movie. The animations do not look like that of a triple A title and its now Gears of War in Space, except with dialogue and romance options. If I wanted to play a visual novel I would Bioware. The game is heavily flawed and one could see why it's being so poorly received, the overly positive reviews are incredibly unsettling and makes me disgusted to see these gamers through away their dignity and integrity to defend a game and company, who do not deserve to be defended. Expand
  90. Mar 6, 2012
    I can't believe people are giving it zeros just because of day one DLC. Apparently they just don't know how game development works. 10 because it's an amazing game with amazing DLC
  91. Jul 2, 2013
    I have to say, the first 95% of the game, leading right up to the very last 15min or so, was excellent. Gameplay was improved, and I actually enjoyed the war asset strategy much as I had enjoyed the overall structure of Mass Effect 2. And this is why it is so astonishing how the final sequence is all it takes to make this very good game into a very bad one. All the excitement that had beenI have to say, the first 95% of the game, leading right up to the very last 15min or so, was excellent. Gameplay was improved, and I actually enjoyed the war asset strategy much as I had enjoyed the overall structure of Mass Effect 2. And this is why it is so astonishing how the final sequence is all it takes to make this very good game into a very bad one. All the excitement that had been building up over the course of the game, and also it's two predecessors, is extinguished immediately and in the worst way, leaving you with the inescapable feeling of being ripped off. The worst part is that there is absolutely no closure to any aspect of the story. The ending didn't just ruin Mass Effect 3, it ruined the entire series. For this, I can not justify any other score. Expand
  92. Mar 10, 2012
    Felt average and I didn't see anything new. I've played the first two and 3 was not what I expected. The writing didn't have as much depth as previous games. Also there wasn't enough combat to satisfy my gaming need. Too much talking not enough teeth-clenching moments. This game was not memorable in any sense I doubt I'll be looking back years from now and telling myself "Wow MassFelt average and I didn't see anything new. I've played the first two and 3 was not what I expected. The writing didn't have as much depth as previous games. Also there wasn't enough combat to satisfy my gaming need. Too much talking not enough teeth-clenching moments. This game was not memorable in any sense I doubt I'll be looking back years from now and telling myself "Wow Mass Effect 3 was great. Now that's how a series should end.". What horrible endings as well. Not worth 60 dollars. Expand
  93. Apr 1, 2012
    So I had been following all the hype around this game prior to its release and had bought into it all because, and I'm certain even the disappointed will agree, this was by far the most engaging video game ever made. Even ME 3 was an amazing experience, the whole quarian vs geth storyline and the conclusion of it was easily the most powerful sub plot in a game i've ever experienced. TheSo I had been following all the hype around this game prior to its release and had bought into it all because, and I'm certain even the disappointed will agree, this was by far the most engaging video game ever made. Even ME 3 was an amazing experience, the whole quarian vs geth storyline and the conclusion of it was easily the most powerful sub plot in a game i've ever experienced. The ending though... what a grumble inducing affair it was! It was clearly rushed... even if this had been a single game that ending would not have sufficed. Bur for a trilogy, its down right criminal to end with a five minute cut scene. There had to have been a fully playable epilogue chapter. Shepard's death in itself wasn't the disappointment it was more the callousness with which this legend we had been building for years was abandoned is what broke all the hearts. Shepard dying is a fitting option for sure, adding invaluably to the replayability of the whole series. But bioware seriously needed to take a leaf from the RDR book wherein the protag dies in the penultimate chapter allowing for closure for the ones left behind. Ofcourse for those players who managed to make the decision throughout the series to keep Shepard alive in the end would be awarded with shepard as the Protag of the final/epilogue chapter as well. Alas, Bioware has dropped the ball on that opportunity and even if they come out with a DLC fixing this problem it will not hold the same value or meaning.
    Having said that, the game itself is remarkable and kudos to Bioware for undertaking this mystifying journey and bringing us along for the ride. In all honesty the plotline of the ME series has never been as strong as the subplots and relationships and feeling of camaraderie that the game was able to bring to players and as far as those attributes are concerned, let me just say that even though i sided with the geth initially, the very next day, after a sleepless night haunted by visions of Tali's heartbreaking death, i simply had to go back and kill the geth of instead. And its not just Tali... Garruss, and Liara... Mordin and Wrex... Ashley and Miranda and joker and Kelly and even EDI... these were more than just team mates, they were real friends who my shepard cared about and who cared about him. No one has ever been able to do that before, it is a feeling exclusive to the ME series and a feeling that i will crave to feel again until someone take the ME formula and improves on it to deliver a the masterpiece this game was until they botched up the climax. All in all, it was one hell of an experience and it would have been all that much better had Bioware given the time and effort to the ending that this game deserved. Even so i'm grateful for the effort they did put in. Now they need to work on a new ME series, one set in the aftermath of this one. They need to do it soon and they need to do it right.
  94. May 8, 2012
    I used to praise this game, but I never commented after I beat it I was that upset. I won't give this game a bad review because of all the things the only thing that really irks me is the ending controversy and some of the multiplayer.... other than that gameplay is mostly fine, but honestly the amount of plot holes is ridiculous and the negligence of the lore is sickening. I won'tI used to praise this game, but I never commented after I beat it I was that upset. I won't give this game a bad review because of all the things the only thing that really irks me is the ending controversy and some of the multiplayer.... other than that gameplay is mostly fine, but honestly the amount of plot holes is ridiculous and the negligence of the lore is sickening. I won't mention these things as most people already know about these issues and I don't want to spoil. I have every DLC for every Mass Effect and the conclusions literally just tossed it all out of the window...as for multiplayer, it isn't bad, but it isn't good either. Lack of different modes coupled with a small selection of maps with few enemy variations is just too repetitive. Bioware also hasn't helped by openly criticizing the fans for caring and one said that the fans "aren't producers!" This is true, but following the atrocious ending (in my opinion) Bioware should've looked more closely at it, from a fan's point of view. How can you miss your own lore!? The free multiplayer release didn't really help and the extended ending won't fix what most of the fans have problems with, nor will these free DLCs lighten my mood for paying 10$ for a half hour mission. I am sorry, but that is where I stand... Expand
  95. May 17, 2012
    My favourite gaming franchise, I loved Mass Effects 1-3 so much, that I have 5 characters and have completed minimum of 4 playthroughs through ME1 & 2. Mass Effect 3 is an AWESOME game, no doubt about it. It's setting the standard for story based games and RPGs, now and for the future. Although I didn't mind the ending, I found it cool actually, it could of been WAY more awesome, byMy favourite gaming franchise, I loved Mass Effects 1-3 so much, that I have 5 characters and have completed minimum of 4 playthroughs through ME1 & 2. Mass Effect 3 is an AWESOME game, no doubt about it. It's setting the standard for story based games and RPGs, now and for the future. Although I didn't mind the ending, I found it cool actually, it could of been WAY more awesome, by including prior decisions into the outcome of the ending and leaves things out.

Pros: - Hooks you in with all elements (Even if your new to the series)
    - Great refined gameplay! (This game is pretty much Gears of War except more sci-fi and with RPG gameplay and story shaping)
    - Shape the story to how you want (This includes a lot of prior decisions made, unlike most games your previous saves matter!)
    - Great sense of characterisation for who you play as! (You really feel as if you are Shepard)

Cons:
    - New players forced for a few elements of the game to occur (Which they have no choice over as they don't have a previous save file for the game to recognise) (Such as Wrex's death)
    - Crew development was a lot better in Mass Effect 2 (Its less about other people and more about Shepard)
    - Ending is confusing (Many people would agree, but it doesn't ruin the ending, just leaves blanks for you to imagine to fill in)
    - The game doesn't take into account EVERYTHING you've done in previous games, and areas are left unturned, and the ending doesn't take into account prior choices. All in all, an incredible experience that has changed the world of gaming forever and succeeds highly, but could of strived for complete perfection. Hence the 9 instead of perfect 10.
  96. Mar 14, 2012
    having completed this game in about 5 days i found it was a great way to end the trilogy and send it out with a bang. people complain about the three endings but its really a good idea for each sort of possibility is suited for each different types of players. having one ending that is decided for you would be a bad idea as you could play through it 5 times and each time get the samehaving completed this game in about 5 days i found it was a great way to end the trilogy and send it out with a bang. people complain about the three endings but its really a good idea for each sort of possibility is suited for each different types of players. having one ending that is decided for you would be a bad idea as you could play through it 5 times and each time get the same ending because you did the sames things every time.
    it brings back old characters and doesn't kill them off like the second game, it shows all of us what the galaxy has come to on the brink of a galactic war. the day one dlc is a good edition to the overall game and if you don't download it you don't miss much as its only one mission. the multiplayer is a welcome edition but some people might not play it until they have finished the story and seeing as it can give you a better ending this might make people angry, but its still fun to play with some friends and beat on the reapers, geth and cerberus overall this game is a 9 for me and seeing as have played all three of them now believe this is a gaming trilogy for the ages
  97. Mar 11, 2012
    You'll be thinking about your choices days after completion; a feat not many games in the industry can replicate. With this being said, the combat is better, and the multiplayer only adds more to an already robust package. And the story? The Mass Effect series will go down as one of the best written stories in all of video gaming history.
  98. May 1, 2012
    Every user review is a 10 or 0 because no game has ever created such a deep story as this trilogy has, and no game has ever made its players as emotionally invested in its story and characters. Yea a lot of people hate the ending, but the journey there is one of the greatest sci-fi adventures I've ever enjoyed.

1. May 12, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an emotional rollercoaster ride with lots of tension and moving moments. The threat of the Reapers make every decision a hard one and your relationship with other characters will be tested. This, in combination with tight gameplay, makes this the complete experience.
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    As a bombastic action-RPG with no previous context, Mass Effect 3 is a dark, engaging game with great combat, a well-written story, and all the epic space-opera you could want. But for those who have played through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, it's something much more.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    The storytelling itself, the more refined combat, the voicework, the visuals, et all, stand as a fine example of some of the best this industry has to offer, and with my minor complaints aside, there's no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will be deservedly at the top of everyone's list come this year's award season.