3.7

1. May 13, 2011
    Pinnacle station is a bit unlike the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC, because it doesn't really have that much story like any other Mass Effect assignment, mission or DLC. It is however pretty fun to play if you want some more challenges for Commander Shepard. the DLC is pretty short, but the re-play value of it makes up for that. Only one thing... don't buy it for the extensive dialogue andPinnacle station is a bit unlike the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC, because it doesn't really have that much story like any other Mass Effect assignment, mission or DLC. It is however pretty fun to play if you want some more challenges for Commander Shepard. the DLC is pretty short, but the re-play value of it makes up for that. Only one thing... don't buy it for the extensive dialogue and RPG-elements. Pinnacle Station highlights the shooter elements from Mass Effect.

Unlike a lot of other reviewers, I do recommend Pinnacle Station.
  2. May 31, 2011
    This is not missions in the sense of mass effect so dont go in expecting that. the people who rated this low(users and publications) obviously went in thinking this would be 4 or 5 hours of missions and they are retarded and I appologize for them. What this dlc is is some time trial and surviov type scenarios which put shep and crew in vr. It is a lot of fun and wil lhelp you build yourThis is not missions in the sense of mass effect so dont go in expecting that. the people who rated this low(users and publications) obviously went in thinking this would be 4 or 5 hours of missions and they are retarded and I appologize for them. What this dlc is is some time trial and surviov type scenarios which put shep and crew in vr. It is a lot of fun and wil lhelp you build your skill with the combat portion of the game. I know it works because before this dlc I could barely beat this on hard the whole way and after the dlc I can now clear it on insane relatively easy. Bottom line don't expect any missions and enjoy it for what its worth. Expand
  3. Jan 6, 2012
    This DLC tries to add at least 2-4 hours of gameplay to Mass Effect but it bugged me that you can't have ended the game to play it making me start a completely new game. This brings a series of "bot matches" which are basically challenges in 2 maps each in which you have to get the best score or time. Unfortunately there is almost no point in playing this rather than getting a fewThis DLC tries to add at least 2-4 hours of gameplay to Mass Effect but it bugged me that you can't have ended the game to play it making me start a completely new game. This brings a series of "bot matches" which are basically challenges in 2 maps each in which you have to get the best score or time. Unfortunately there is almost no point in playing this rather than getting a few achievements and entertaining yourself for a while, no story, few dialogues, no xp earned while playing, and it suffers from the same texture popping the game has, but its fun, and that fun can last a while. When you think of buying this DLC consider the fact that its only 400 microsoft points, but also consider why you want this and if you really want it. Expand
  4. Dec 14, 2012
    Not really too much in this DLC. Perhaps the only reason to get this DLC is for the end prize: The apartment. A far more cost effective way of getting all the best equipment and mods. Overall: While it is a little entertaining, the mission itself isn't really worth the time of day. However, the apartment is worth it, a shame you have to play through the whole mission to get it.
  5. Mar 9, 2013
    Ouch. You have to ask yourself what went wrong. Was it Bioware's acquisition by EA that forced them to shove this out the window? Pinnacle Station focuses on a Combat Simulator and that's about it. No story, no character interaction, just you going through the simulator, trying to beat high scores to get to the very end challenge which, if you beat it, unlocks you a neat, but ultimatelyOuch. You have to ask yourself what went wrong. Was it Bioware's acquisition by EA that forced them to shove this out the window? Pinnacle Station focuses on a Combat Simulator and that's about it. No story, no character interaction, just you going through the simulator, trying to beat high scores to get to the very end challenge which, if you beat it, unlocks you a neat, but ultimately useless, little home on a planet.

Now this could be good if the Mass Effect's gameplay was excellent, sadly it isn't. During the main game, there always was a bit of framerate drops, but they become even more apparent in Pinnacle Station.

Let's say that the DLC is good for two reasons: the reward you get for beating the DLC looks great, and it's a great way to get the skill use/weapon use achievements. If you're willing to spend a bit of Microsoft Points to grind some achievements, you can get it, I guess.
  6. Dec 9, 2013
    Pinnacle Station adds in combat simulations on the space station of the same name that the player can participate in. It might have made sense as part of a larger story DLC but unlike Bring Down the Sky Pinnacle Station on its own just isn't worth the time. It doesn't add anything to the story and what happens is never mentioned in Mass Effect 2 and 3.

1. Mass Effect's latest add-on is an insult to fans clamoring for new content.
    Pinnacle Station is uninspired, poorly constructed, and offers none of what made Mass Effect a great game in the first place. Skip this, lest you want to sully your anticipation for Mass Effect 2. That's all Pinnacle Station has done for me.
  3. The second DLC for Mass Effect is not what we expected from the franchise. Just a little warm-up before the launch of the second chapter in the series. Interesting, but quite useless in the greater picture of the galaxy.