Max Payne 3 Xbox 360

7.8

1. Aug 24, 2016
    A definite departure from the classic Max Payne of the PS2 games but boy is this a top notch shooter! Fantastic character driven story which has a super fast pace to it. Bullet time and last man standing are exhilarating. The script, voice acting and graphics are fantastic. Quite possibly Rockstars most underated game.
  2. Mar 24, 2016
    This is interesting game with interesting story . Very many different cutscenes . Very Very good graphics . This is best game of 2012 . This is good returns of Max Payne series . Awesome gameplay . This is gooooooood game . 10/10
  3. Jan 19, 2016
    Just want to say I love this game. Thanks Rockstar for making such a gritty, real feeling shooter where the stakes are real from the difficulty, the graphics are exceptional, the gun-play brutal, stylish and just as it should be and the atmosphere never lets up. Replaying this in 2016 and having a superb time, when I'm having trouble keeping my attention on any of the new releases thisJust want to say I love this game. Thanks Rockstar for making such a gritty, real feeling shooter where the stakes are real from the difficulty, the graphics are exceptional, the gun-play brutal, stylish and just as it should be and the atmosphere never lets up. Replaying this in 2016 and having a superb time, when I'm having trouble keeping my attention on any of the new releases this grabs you and doesn't let go and gives you a hell of a good time. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is truly a fantastic game. Max Payne 3 is a great shooter with an extremely fascinating script and storyline that totally succeeds in delivering a perfect noir tale! The pacing is just the right speed and I personally had no trouble playing this game nonstop for more than a couple of hours. The graphics, full of detail and constantly very colorful and at times and very beautiful as well. The characters, brimming with interesting personality traits all while delivering quick, intriguing, and sometimes very funny lines. The action and gameplay, a huge amount of fun that never grows tiring and always works well and correctly. And Max Payne himself, as engaging and engrossing a character as ever while also being voiced wonderfully by James McCaffrey. With an endlessly fun multiplayer and an incredibly involving story this comes up to make this game is yet another triumph to add to Rockstar's list! Expand
  5. Mar 22, 2015
    Easily one of the best Third-Person Shooters of X360/PS3 generation. Damn, I even enjoyed it more than the original game!

P.S. The Soundtrack is truly amazing!
  6. Feb 19, 2015
    Easily one of the best, gritty and cinematic stories I've ever played. All of the previous mechanisms that made the series great are back and perfected to make the experience like none other. The game looks perfect, the story is never boring and keeps you wanting to play. This game would be getting a perfect rating if it wasn't for a few small things like the clunky multiplayer mode,Easily one of the best, gritty and cinematic stories I've ever played. All of the previous mechanisms that made the series great are back and perfected to make the experience like none other. The game looks perfect, the story is never boring and keeps you wanting to play. This game would be getting a perfect rating if it wasn't for a few small things like the clunky multiplayer mode, the longer than usual load times and the over the top difficulty at time. This is easily a game that I keep coming back to after many years. Expand
  7. Nov 30, 2014
    The best feature about this game is bullet time, it's so awesome! This is a really good 3rd person shooter. It has a good story line and awesome slow-mo shooting scenes. The only bad thing about it are the cutscenes, some are unskippable and repetitive. But the game is really good and really addictive.
  8. Jun 17, 2014
    Entertaining story about a great, non-gregarious, **** brooding, pill-popping, functioning alcoholic, quasi-man's man dude killing people (morally). You don't have to spend hours learning how the play, you can just step right into the action and enjoy the thrill.
  9. May 22, 2014
    Now Max Payne 3, while a little bit different to the others in the series, still retains the same premise and gameplay of the first two, albeit in my opinion at a slower pace. This Iteration is much more realistic in how it works, with 2-4 shots being able to take you down and that you also can't carry an armoury's worth of weapons with you. Instead your allowed to carry up to threeNow Max Payne 3, while a little bit different to the others in the series, still retains the same premise and gameplay of the first two, albeit in my opinion at a slower pace. This Iteration is much more realistic in how it works, with 2-4 shots being able to take you down and that you also can't carry an armoury's worth of weapons with you. Instead your allowed to carry up to three weapons simultaneously, two one handed e.g. pistols, and one, two-handed weapon, such as a shotgun. even then, if you decide to star dual wielding like some Neo wannabe, you'll have to drop your two-handed weapon on the spot. Now alot of people will say this is a stupid idea to put into a game, especially a Max Payne game, but it does make the game more challenging when you don't have every gun under the sun in your back pocket. Now bullet time, Pain-killers and shoot-dodging returns, and they pretty much work the same as in the last games. You'll be relying on them alot later on in the game as the difficulty becomes quite high even when playing on the normal difficulty setting, as you'll be faced with 20+ enemies at once, which is a lot to deal with. A new addition to the franchise is the fact you can now lay on the ground a spin the full 360 degrees to take some goons while lying down, after you've performed a shoot-dodge. You will also not immediately die if you happen to be carrying some painkillers when you run out of health. Instead you'll go straight into a slo- mo, bullet-time last stand type of deal, in which you have a couple of seconds to take out the guy that took you down. Doing so will save you, and you'll be able to get back up and carry on the fight.

Now the game looks pretty damn good aswell, the graphics are really high quality, not crysis super computer quality, but it's a very good looking game, especially on console. there are some things that your eyes wont agree with though. What I'm mainly talking about is the overused, in-your-face filters that try to make the game look like an old VHS tape. they do get on your nerves a little bit, as they only really kick-in every now and again. Now what will annoy most people is the over-abundance of cut-scenes that appear every time you finish off a gunfight. Some of them are also long-ass MGS worthy ones that you cant skip until the game has loaded, as the cut-scenes act as loading screens when playing the story. Also, when taking out the last enemy in a gunfight, you'll be treated to a slo-mo death cam of said goon, where you can keep pumping bullets into him, until he's turned into human swiss cheese, these are pretty brutal, and a greatly improved by the Euphoria physics engine that Rockstar used which creates a different reaction every time.

The story mode is the heart of the game, with the story being quite a good one. It's well written, and has a few twists and turns, although it's maybe not as good as Red Dead Redemptions story (Great game by the way, go play it!) I thought it was great. There are also a couple of other modes to the game, such as the arcade mode and New York Minute, time trial mode, and for the first time multi-player is included. The first two modes I mentioned are basically there to test your skill and reflexes, and also give you the chance to unlock multi-player characters and cheats for single-player.

Now Multiplayer in Max Payne 3 is a mixed bag. sometimes it can be really enjoyable, sometimes it can be really infuriating. Now you might think the infuriating games are just that your not playing very well, but in my opinion the game is un-balanced. When the game first came out, it was pretty balanced, there was nothing outstandingly overpowered, but due to DLC being released the game has changed dramatically, usually you see everyone running around in the very protective bomb suits, dual-wielding pistols. You'll soon find out this is probably the best combination in the game to go with, and it makes nearly every other weapon a waste of time. Now there are only a couple of modes that come with the game, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and gang wars. Gang wars is the stand out mode, where each match consists of five rounds that follow a storyline. You could be planting or defusing bombs one round, and then trying to assassinate of defend a VIP the next. It helps keep the gameplay varied. They have added a few other modes through DLC, including a co-op, horde mode style game, and another where your chased down by a goblin with a wooden leg and a taser (seriously, I'm not joking). There Is the, now-standard mult-player games weapon load-out and customisation menu, that you see in nearly every game now-a-days, but There's a weight system to keep it a bit fresh, and make you think about what you take into battle. The heavier you are, the slower your stamina and health regenerate. There's also Bursts, that act the same as kill streak rewards and character customisation aswell.

Overall it's a good game, but It's not everyone's cup of tea.
  10. lox
    May 19, 2014
    Surprisingly the first Max Payne game I've ver played, and I really really liked it. My only real gripe is the cutscenes were a little too long at times. But as a whole Max Payne 3 is gritty, immersive fun with great voice acting, a movie-like story and insanely fun multiplayer.
  11. Mar 27, 2014
    Max payne 3 is another great rockstar game, i love this game, is absolutely fantastic it actions scene, its really outstanding it violence, great game that must be played.
  12. Mar 17, 2014
    Pros:
    Great story, about regret and guilt and overcoming obstacles.
    Amazing shooting mechanics, makes it top of it's class. Great protagonist. Presentation with cutscenes and how there aren't any loading screens are really well done. Intense shoot outs. Great missions, and a really good length of 12 hours. Difficulty settings are really well done. Bullet time, and shoot dodge are
    Pros:
    Great story, about regret and guilt and overcoming obstacles.
    Amazing shooting mechanics, makes it top of it's class.
    Great protagonist.
    Intense shoot outs.
    Great missions, and a really good length of 12 hours.
    Difficulty settings are really well done.
    Bullet time, and shoot dodge are just plain cool.
    Graphics are fantastic and really detailed environments.

Cons:
    Last mission could of been better. Threw way too much enemies at you, made it a bit unrealistic
  13. Mar 12, 2014
    This game is amazing....awesome graphics,voice acting, gun fight and else...but still not better than Max Payne 2....the multiplayer si really fun too...but the story it aint that good(max payne 1 and 2 was 10 times better ) ....to be honest sao paulo as place to fight is not that good as New York (that few missions in new york are the best missions in the game)....max payne 3 its aThis game is amazing....awesome graphics,voice acting, gun fight and else...but still not better than Max Payne 2....the multiplayer si really fun too...but the story it aint that good(max payne 1 and 2 was 10 times better ) ....to be honest sao paulo as place to fight is not that good as New York (that few missions in new york are the best missions in the game)....max payne 3 its a masterpiece but the not perfect...a 9 from me Expand
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    Definitely not one of the most original games out there, but still the same essential gameplay that makes Max Payne enjoyable to play. Definitely worth rental, as there isn't a ton of replay value. Overall, a very fun, if somewhat short and straightforward experience that shouldn't disappoint fans of both Max Payne titles, and shooters in general.
  15. Jan 27, 2014
    The story was cool the gameplay was awesome and the cinematic cut-scenes were cool. Playing this game is like being part of a movie. Max payne's voice as usual is cheesy and too deep. I'm not a huge story mode player but this game keeps you interested. The graphics are typical for rockstar and work out alright. The bullet-time mode is a nice touch and has improved some since 1 and 2. I'mThe story was cool the gameplay was awesome and the cinematic cut-scenes were cool. Playing this game is like being part of a movie. Max payne's voice as usual is cheesy and too deep. I'm not a huge story mode player but this game keeps you interested. The graphics are typical for rockstar and work out alright. The bullet-time mode is a nice touch and has improved some since 1 and 2. I'm all about multiplayer mode and this game didn't disappoint. Flat 8. Expand
  16. Nov 25, 2013
    The campaign is nice, the multiplayer is good but don´t have a thing that makes you with a need to play it. It´s another good work from rockstar but for me it can be better and for me the grade of this game is 8
  17. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Realistic graphics, sometimes the shadows make it look ugly, but the character models look great too. 9.5.
    Sound: Decent soundtrack (I wasn’t into the music near the end, didn’t feel that was the right band like Rockstar claimed back on GTTV). The themes were excellent, the voice acting was great. 9.
    Gameplay: The game is more realistic than previous Max Payne titles, but
    Gameplay: The game is more realistic than previous Max Payne titles, but I did still get the feeling that it was a Max Payne game. Bullet time is great, all the guns are fine, the aiming is challenging but in a good way. The only complaint is the constant switching of shoulders, but I think there’s an option to turn that off. Challenging game good, gametrailers-reviewers noobs. Euphoria engine looks at its best. The multiplayer I found unbalance, unrealistic, and just not my type of shooter. 9.
    Story: The story plays out at a slow pace, it keeps you interested for a while, but near the end it’s not as interesting. I enjoyed playing the past sequences more than the present day because I felt the present day ones were going nowhere in terms of Max’s story. Max is in a field where he doesn’t belong, and even though it is hinted, this didn’t make it any more interesting. The switch from comic scenes to in game cut scene was fine, I enjoyed it. The inner thoughts of Max Payne are brilliant, who doesn’t have their brain always talking to them? 8.5.
    Lasting Appeal: The game is a must play at least once, there are achievements and a multiplayer for those interested. Personally, I would recommend this game a rent for those wanting a single player only experience. The game took about 8-10 hours on hard for me to complete. 8.
    Overall Score: 8.8 out of 10.
  18. Oct 18, 2013
    its a incredible game
    one the best third person shooter than i have played
    max payne 3 its so unforgable
    it has a lot of good things.
    bullet time is awesome and the graphics are amazing
  19. Sep 17, 2013
    Max Payne 3 is truly underrated. Its got a fantastic story great mechanics and gameplay and a solid multiplayer offering. One of the very best shooters of all time.
  20. Aug 16, 2013
    [8.0] It definitely isn't Rockstar's best, but Max Payne 3 is impressive in many ways. It exceeds in both action and graphics, which makes up for the linear gameplay. Although it isn't quite as engaging as Grand Theft Auto, or Red Dead, Max Payne 3 is a great title for people who are waiting for GTA V.
  21. Aug 6, 2013
    definitely a must buy. this game ties together fun game play elements as well as a compelling story easily worth $60 even today. great multi-player with mechanics not seen in others.
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    A well made shooter with an interesting story and characters.It might seem unfair at times(talking about the shooting).but its fun and it has good difficulty. I love the fact that you actually need to use cover and think about ammo it makes it really fun and engaging. It is not perfect but it is a really good game.
  23. Jul 16, 2013
    What a game!! maybe the coolest game I ever played. The bullet time is so badass!! I also liked that the gameplay was quite challenging my first playthrough was on hard and I died and died, so many times. I am not a fan of the story or the endless cut-scenes, but the gameplay was too satisfying to keep me playing. I could give this game a higher score if Max can shut his mouth once in aWhat a game!! maybe the coolest game I ever played. The bullet time is so badass!! I also liked that the gameplay was quite challenging my first playthrough was on hard and I died and died, so many times. I am not a fan of the story or the endless cut-scenes, but the gameplay was too satisfying to keep me playing. I could give this game a higher score if Max can shut his mouth once in a while....he is talkish!! Anyway, I still love this game! Expand
  24. Jul 12, 2013
    "The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had happened up to this point..."
    Max Payne returns for his third game to conclude his dark trilogy. Max Payne 3 shows a much darker Max and for those of us who have guided him through the series, it is depressing. Max has let himself go and it will take his world falling apart to bring him back up. In classic Max Payne style, we see the end and then return to the beginning as Max is working in South America as a body guard. This game does tell a lot of its tale in the form of flashbacks, but this only improves the main storyline.

Graphics: Beautiful. Words escape me how gorgeous this game is. The world is full of life whether that be trucks and cars driving on the road or civilians scattering from a firefight. The game just looks fantasticly gritty and full of colors that make Max's story just that more realistic.

Gameplay: It's your typical Max Payne game. Run around and shoot ever poor soul in sight while popping pain killers. There are quite a few vehicle levels to mix things up and there is even a cover system added in which I found to be more than useful when you can't pop into bullet time.

Story: Gripping. Dark. Phenomenal. Max has really lost it in the game and the player feels for him. I know I did and probably more so than I have for almost any other video game character. The story is a bit lengthy, but the length is more than acceptable and it doesn't lose you for a second. They did, however trade in the typical graphic novel style of cutscenes for a more traditional cutscene blended in with a few elements from the graphic novel styling that we have come to love.

If you aren't familiar with the series, I recommend playing the first two before diving into this incredible story, but if you have not tried this game: Do it. Now.
  25. Jul 4, 2013
    The gameplay itself is very modernised and authentic. The realism of gameplay itself is very good and eye-catching. The plot as well is a very dark and gritty storyline for the protagonist who had lost his wife and baby child in the first previous game. A smashing masterpiece of a game.
  26. Jun 24, 2013
    Max Payne 3 is all of that and much more.It is a game more focused on story as all the previous max Payne's have been and packs satisfying gunplay to boot.It may not be THE BEST third person shooter out there but Max Payne 3's gameplay and story lives up to expectations with multiplayer being a riot. The game is great fun and the multiplayer is very unique to any other third person shooters.
  27. Jun 22, 2013
    This is good and excellent game it gets half of the things right for a good game but accept it has one flaw that holds it back one those very annoying visual effects uhh every second it felt like I was in Kane and Lynch uhh I hate those things but you must by this title because it introduces you. You have a very good battles but this a game you must buy not let it slip off your hands.
  28. Jun 17, 2013
    So, this game was pretty damn different from the originals. In terms of effects and design the game is miles away from the comic book style of the first game. But I don't mind that. I'm glad they took a new direction with this. The visual effects are over used, but nice non-the-less.

The story is engaging and enjoyable. Combat is pretty decent and the guns are fun to use. Side quests like collecting golden parts are fun and do add to the game. I enjoyed the flashbacks and throwbacks to the originals but enjoyed the new stuff coming to the table.

Overall, Max Payne 3 is an enjoyable shooter. The single player is worth checking out, the multiplayer is fun if you enjoy third person shooting in an online environment, but offers no new experiences.
  29. May 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story is one of the hallmarks of this game. As Rockstar just opened Max Payne's life and filled it with despair, death, and pain as his journey through Brazil, New York, and Panama just got even worse by the second. After having his wife and child taken from him, his life fell apart and he was reduced to painkillers and alcohol. Then after getting the mod to hunt him down it was time he left Hoboken with his new friend and partner, Passos. Getting into private security for a rich wealthy family he thought he could escape and live without a crosshair on his back till extremist and gangs started hunting them down. But soon after people of the family get kidnapped and held hostage, Max finds himself in the binds of a moral choice to save them. This game is a rollercoaster of action and characters. As it takes you from the high society of wealth down to the lowest vermin infested favelas where action seems to drive you through this game.

30. May 17, 2013
    For me personally, this could easily be the best pure-bred shooter of all time. The content of the story is nothing new but the context is superb. The variety of settings is great. The narrative arc of MP3 is a predictable one but the shooting mechanics are insanely good. It is all about the violence. This is the closest that any game has gotten to matching those shootouts we know and loveFor me personally, this could easily be the best pure-bred shooter of all time. The content of the story is nothing new but the context is superb. The variety of settings is great. The narrative arc of MP3 is a predictable one but the shooting mechanics are insanely good. It is all about the violence. This is the closest that any game has gotten to matching those shootouts we know and love from films like Heat, Leon, Collateral, Die Hard, Under Siege etc.

Play it on Hard/Hardcore, it will rile you but the adrenaline will flow. Admittedly Max Payne 3 only does one thing, but nobody does it better.
  31. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Despite some minor issues (and a couple that aren't so minor), Max Payne 3 still manages to be a first-class third-person shooter and is thus one of the better games of the year. More importantly, it's a welcome return for one of the shooter genre's better series. The years may not have been kind of Max, but it seems he hasn't missed a beat. Expand
  32. Apr 30, 2013
    I loved it and so far i have sunk about 50 hours into both my 360 and PC copies of the game.
    The game-play is allot better then most third person shooters and the psychs are so much better then any other 3rd person shooter the way your enemy body falls to the ground is just brutal and the fact Max will not shoot unless his body is facing the recticle on the screen so you cant just shoot at something be cause your aiming at it you have to position Max with his arms out to hit that target first or else you will miss.

The story is so intense and fully carries on from previous games and the fact that Max looks even more like a broken man then ever is saying something. its just so dark and brooding that it pulls you in and really displays the difference between the haves and the have nots.

I loved the music the game-play the story and the multiplayer was a blast as well too bad that the community is fairly small but that's pretty normal for any game that isn't cod or battlefield nowadays.
  33. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is amazing!The story is great,the combat is so much fun and the multiplayer is pretty good.Even thought the game is really cheap in stores.It's totally worth the money.
  34. Apr 12, 2013
    A really good game. The gameplay is top notch, the story is good and the multiplayer is in my opinion just beautiful. I bought the rockstar pass for the multiplayer and I don't regret it at all. Graphix are great and well detailed. One of the best shooters I've ever played. If you haven't played it yet, the go get it now.
  35. Mar 23, 2013
    It's been awhile since I've invested this many playthroughs into a single-player campaign. So far, I've run through the entire Max Payne 3 story now a total of four times and I plan on giving it another run as well. That's just how good it is. The rock-solid gunplay and mechanics when combined with the gritty and engaging narrative makes this easily one of the best experiences out there.It's been awhile since I've invested this many playthroughs into a single-player campaign. So far, I've run through the entire Max Payne 3 story now a total of four times and I plan on giving it another run as well. That's just how good it is. The rock-solid gunplay and mechanics when combined with the gritty and engaging narrative makes this easily one of the best experiences out there. The third outing in the Max Payne series primarily takes place in Brazil, although there are some flashback missions to Max's hometown of Hoboken, New Jersey. I was a little reluctant to play through a Max Payne game that was not taking place in a gritty, winter-blanketed city but I was very surprised at how attached I became to the new environment. The game looks fantastic and the blood effects shown in slow-mo never become stale. The gunplay is very tight, although there is a larger emphasis on utilizing cover than in previous Max Payne games, but it never feels out of place. If you're looking for a realistic shooter with a protagonist that is afraid to get shot, look elsewhere. This game places you in the shoes of one of the most badass action heroes in the history of gaming and it's not embarrassed to do so in any way. From diving out of a in-mid-air motorboat and blasting away numerous gangsters all the way to taking down entire SWAT teams with a single weapon, it's clear that Rockstar's intention was to make you feel as empowered as possible. However, that's not to say that the game is easy. In fact, Max Payne 3 is one of the more challenging games that I've played in recent memory. Enemies on higher difficulties are ridiculously accurate and never hesitate to bum-rush your cover if the opportunity arises. The AI can be brutally intelligent, utilizing these bum-rushing abilities at the most inconvenient times. If you go to reload, don't be surprised to see a few enemies instantly begin moving to flank you. Enemies also have a nasty habit of remaining in cover the moment you pop out to fire at them, which makes some of the later firefights unfair. If you have never played a Max Payne game before, you're in luck. While Max Payne 3 does touch back a few times to the previous entries, the events of the first two games is irrelevant to the storyline of the third one. However, it definitely helps to have played at least one of the previous titles, as they give you more background as to why Max is such a sullen and careless protagonist and why he has such substance-abuse problems. The story in the third Max Payne isn't perfect. It occasionally meanders and reveals pointless details in the overall plot that, as a player, you really just don't need to know. The entire story is also somewhat confusing, with bits and pieces coming out here and there that really fail to cohesively fit together. It will take several playthroughs for you to really grasp the entire concept of the storyline. Voice acting is absolutely superb and the actor that plays Max really shines. The narrative really captures Max's disgruntled mind and conveys to the player just how much pain a man can go through before he breaks. There's also an abundance of challenges to complete as well as awesome collectibles like golden weapons for those who fancy collecting things. Additional arcade modes and the New York Minute mode also add to the entire single-player package so there is no shortage of fun for those who shy away from online. However, if you do choose to play online, you will be greeted with essentially the same material that most other online games boast. You have custom classes, perks, and additional titles to unlock as you gain rank-ups. Stats and progression are intact and additional cosmetic unlockables are available as well. I was actually surprised at how fun the online was. Servers are great and there was never any lag when playing any of the game modes that are available. Unfortunately, the only drawback is the scant amount of players that are actually playing the online. At any given moment, there are probably around 1,500 total players online on a good day. If you can tolerate the small population online and sometimes longer-than-necessary matchmaking, an enjoyable experience is to be found. Overall, Max Payne 3 is one of the best games I've played in awhile. The single-player experience is an absolute joy and there is so much content to be had for perfectionists that grant many hours of gameplay. If you can tolerate the small amount of players online, then the multiplayer is also a rewarding feature. If you're a fan of the series or shooters in general, I highly recommend this game. Even if you're new to the franchise, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  36. Mar 8, 2013
    Max Payne 3 marks the return of the John Mclain of the gaming world, Max Payne, as he ventures through one of the most action packed and well written stories of 2012.
    Max now lives in Sao Paulo for the rich family Branco, he is a bodyguard, a drunk and a painkiller addict. When the family is targeted by people living in the Favelas close to their home Max has to jump back into action to find the people responsible for the deaths of his employers and who threaten his life too.
    Max Payne 3's story has been told time and time again, however not as good as MP3 does it. MP3 is heavily cutscene based with all the gameplay taking place during the gunfights. Though this detracts from the experience it only makes the story better and better by giving you such a tight narrative. But when the gameplay does kick in it is one of the most enjoyable third-person shooters you will ever play. Feeling very similar to Gears of War and Spec Ops the Line with very well structured controls and great environments to fight in ranging from airports to clubs.
    Max Payne 3 is not a game you can miss if you like action games, it has something to please everyone.
  37. Feb 5, 2013
    I love this game so much the gunplay is so much fun and the story is one of mt favorite ever i love max and passos and the graphics are good to the gameplay is so much fun even if it gets almost to hard at the end but this game is so good
  38. Jan 22, 2013
    "Max Payne 3" is the third outing by Rockstar Games of the incredibly depressing, wise-cracking NY cop turned body guard. Being a huge fan of Rockstar Games ever since I played "GTA III", I never got around to the "Max Payne" games. Especially since graphics have improved tremendously since the PS2 era (and it shows here with an excellent attention to detail and a masterfully recreated"Max Payne 3" is the third outing by Rockstar Games of the incredibly depressing, wise-cracking NY cop turned body guard. Being a huge fan of Rockstar Games ever since I played "GTA III", I never got around to the "Max Payne" games. Especially since graphics have improved tremendously since the PS2 era (and it shows here with an excellent attention to detail and a masterfully recreated Brazil). Either way, It's fairly safe to jump into the third game without playing the first two. I think it serves the story even better that way as well. It gives Max a dark and mysterious past for me to discover and learn about. He's not the only complicated character either. Passos is your partner who helps you in Brazil. I thought the chemistry between him and Max were comically priceless. You need to know, though, that this is a straight-up,Die Hard, action game. The cutscenes are straight out of a Blockbuster action movie and the shootouts are, strangely enough, beautiful. Max even resembles the likes of a present-day Bruce Willis. I loved that he was a middle-aged man far past his prime. The folks at Rockstar are the best writers out there in the game industry and they write this morally-flawed hero to near perfection. His corny one-liners and monologues contrast perfectly to the realistically brutal world of Brazil. This game is very bloody and, if you're like me and love gleeful, Tarantino-esque violence, it will give you many "Hell yeah!" and "Holy **** moments. Also, the way you perform these shootouts is very fluid and as realistic as over-the-top action can be. This is Rockstar's rebuttal to the "Uncharted" series by Naughty Dog. Max Payne has this cinematic feel to it and I can easily say it's the best action movie I've ever played. My only issue with it was that some of Max's lines surpassed the cheese level I signed up for but they're mostly charming and clever throughout. Gameplay is very solid, story is chalk-full of good-old action and dialogue, and multiplayer is crazy fun. Trust me, this game kick-ass and allows you to deliver your enemies, dare I say it, maximum pain. Expand
  39. Dec 31, 2012
    Great storyline and decent game play keep Max Payne alive and worth your while. I picked up the special edition at Gamestop on sale for $20.00. This package is well worth the price. I am addicted to this game and the story has me coming back for more. This game is well written and as always a little twisted with the characters choices.
  40. Dec 25, 2012
    MAX PAYNE 3 is the best game in the franchise. The first MAX PAYNE just looked like THE MATRIX and the second was a bit better. MAX PAYNE 3 has great graphics, great voice acting, campaign and its one of the best games of 2012.
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    It's kind of hard to explain how much fun Max Payne 3 really is. As a huge fan of Rockstar Games' work, I went into Max Payne thinking it would be awesome, and it was. Max has lived a troubled life. His family has been murdered. And he has become addicted to pain meds and alcohol. After being discharged from the NYPD because of involvement in criminal activities, Max has traveled to SaoIt's kind of hard to explain how much fun Max Payne 3 really is. As a huge fan of Rockstar Games' work, I went into Max Payne thinking it would be awesome, and it was. Max has lived a troubled life. His family has been murdered. And he has become addicted to pain meds and alcohol. After being discharged from the NYPD because of involvement in criminal activities, Max has traveled to Sao Paulo, Brazil with an old friend of his to work as a bodyguard for the rich and famous real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco. Max hopes that this will be easy work, a good "retirement plan," but things soon don't go as planned and Max is put right in the middle of another war. Max's story, to say the least, is arguably the best story of 2012. I'm not going to spoil anything about the story, but it features some of the biggest twists that take the campaign down a deep, dark, and gruesome road. The visuals in this game could not be better. Although I did witness some audio troubles during the cutscene to gameplay transitions, something that Max Payne is known for. Cutscenes are a massive part of this game too. Max Payne 3 is practically an interactive movie, where the cutscenes are the loading screens and they blend with the gameplay. This can be frustrating at times though. If you're looking to return to a mission hoping to get an achievement or a trophy, you have to watch the cutscenes entirely. The campaign is the best part of the whole experience. Let's not forget about the killer gameplay and controls. The gameplay is constantly smooth and never choppy. In Max Payne, you have special abilities like Bullet Dodge and Bullet Time. With Bullet Dodge, Max jumps into the air in slow motion, allowing him to finish off any remaining enemies with more precision, while at the same time dodging bullets that are shot. Bullet Time is similar, Max slows down time and finishes off enemies. Multiplayer is also a major plus to Max Payne. You have your standard modes like Free-for-all and Team Deathmatch, but you also have the unique modes like Payne Killer, where someone plays as Max and his partner Passos and the rest of the lobby attempts to kill them, and Gang Wars, a story-like game mode that consists of five different stages where one team triumphs over the other. Both of these modes are fun and really enjoyable. In conclusion, Max Payne is an incredible experience that sure isn't to be missed. Some audio issues and an annoying cutscene problem are this games downfall. But not by much. Expand
  42. Dec 4, 2012
    A big improvement over the first two and that's saying alot since I grew up with them. I was waiting for a long ass tiem for them to finally continue the saga of Max Payne and Rockstar hasn''t given me any reason to doubt them. The gameplay, the story, the bullet time and **** like that is way better. Complete badass
  43. Nov 14, 2012
    Although, this game is in the style of Max Payne. It doesn't really have any connection to Max Payne 1 or 2. The atmosphere in Max Payne is top notch whether your firing at thugs in a club in mid air or or defending a fellow mercenary from sniper fire. The game feels extremely realistic and does have several creative missions. The problem is although they're are some creative bits. TheAlthough, this game is in the style of Max Payne. It doesn't really have any connection to Max Payne 1 or 2. The atmosphere in Max Payne is top notch whether your firing at thugs in a club in mid air or or defending a fellow mercenary from sniper fire. The game feels extremely realistic and does have several creative missions. The problem is although they're are some creative bits. The levels don't nearly match the creativity seen in Max Payne 1 where the levels weren't necessarily about the game-play but unraveling the deep narrative behind the plot with several innovative concepts strewn throughout the game. Max Payne 3 is mainly about pitted you in high pressure realistic scenarios full of noir and despair and watching you survive them realistically without out enough creative touches to keep it on par with the original. That being said this is in my opinion the most realistic shooting game ever made with an online mode just as frustrating. Expand
  44. Nov 5, 2012
    A true cinematic gaming masterpiece, Max Payne 3 is not just another triumph for Rockstar, but it's also testament to what the developer can do when it turns its hand to linear storytelling. Max Payne 3 might be a stylistic shift for the series, but it's also a raw and brutal portrait of a man pushed to the edge that deserves a place alongside Rockstar's superlative open-world efforts. GetA true cinematic gaming masterpiece, Max Payne 3 is not just another triumph for Rockstar, but it's also testament to what the developer can do when it turns its hand to linear storytelling. Max Payne 3 might be a stylistic shift for the series, but it's also a raw and brutal portrait of a man pushed to the edge that deserves a place alongside Rockstar's superlative open-world efforts. Get ready to enter a world of Payne. Expand
  45. Nov 2, 2012
    Slow mo violence never looked and felt so good. MP3 is an incredible game with an amazing single player story that will have you travelling all over the world. The games mechanics are spot on, coupled with the superb bullet-time game and you have yourself the best action movie shot on a 6mm camera. The design is killer, and gameplay feels rewarding. This isn't one of those FPS shootersSlow mo violence never looked and felt so good. MP3 is an incredible game with an amazing single player story that will have you travelling all over the world. The games mechanics are spot on, coupled with the superb bullet-time game and you have yourself the best action movie shot on a 6mm camera. The design is killer, and gameplay feels rewarding. This isn't one of those FPS shooters that just pushes you through making you feel frustrated and pressured. No, instead in MP3 after every kill you feel a bit of satisfaction and reward for accomplishing a "diving-double head shot in slow-mo". This game has outdone itself both technically, and with the encompassing storyline. MP3 is a buy! A must buy. Get it! :3 Expand
  46. Oct 31, 2012
    This is truly a fantastic game. Max Payne 3 is a great shooter with an extremely fascinating script and storyline that totally succeeds in delivering a perfect noir tale! The pacing is just the right speed and I personally had no trouble playing this game nonstop for more than a couple of hours. The graphics, full of detail and constantly very colorful and at times and very beautiful.
  47. Oct 31, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is the best linear third person shooter i have ever play, anyone that say this game suck is simply stupid, this game puts every other 3rd person shooter to shame, well, except Uncharted that is.
  48. Oct 29, 2012
    All that i can say about this game is that it is exactly what I've come to expect from Rockstar. Play through single player once and a little multiplayer - very polished - addictive gameplay and awesome multiplayer. Must buy
  49. Oct 19, 2012
    During the opening sequences of Max Payne 3 I have to admit I wasn't exactly blown away from the gameplay, but as I progressed through the campaign the sheer sense of atmosphere - coupled with the fantastic eery yet emotional soundtrack I began to realize this was a very deep, emotional and immersive experience. The story itself drives you through the game rather than the gameplay itself,During the opening sequences of Max Payne 3 I have to admit I wasn't exactly blown away from the gameplay, but as I progressed through the campaign the sheer sense of atmosphere - coupled with the fantastic eery yet emotional soundtrack I began to realize this was a very deep, emotional and immersive experience. The story itself drives you through the game rather than the gameplay itself, but that's not to say the gameplay is poor, no. It can, if you want it to be, be a repetitive trigger happy/get as many headshots as possible kinda game, but I found once you immersed the creative side of 'blowing people away' it made the game a lot of fun. I had no real expectations with Max Payne 3, and after the first few hours of play I wasn't exactly convinced so to speak, but once I submerged myself into the experience I found myself playing one of the best games of 2012. Expand
  50. Oct 18, 2012
    Max Payne 3 isn't an open world game like most of rockstar's games, nether the less it is a solid experience. The story had me hooked from the beginning and Brazil is a beautiful location. You play as a bodyguard for Rodrigo Branco, but after things go wrong you end up shooting your way out of most situations. The graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay is tight and the shootdodge mechanic isMax Payne 3 isn't an open world game like most of rockstar's games, nether the less it is a solid experience. The story had me hooked from the beginning and Brazil is a beautiful location. You play as a bodyguard for Rodrigo Branco, but after things go wrong you end up shooting your way out of most situations. The graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay is tight and the shootdodge mechanic is so rewarding. If you don't like overly long cut scenes then i would probably steer clear of this game as there are a lot of them, otherwise i would recommend this game. Expand
  51. Oct 16, 2012
    It is clear that Max Payne 3 has been used "the latest technology, innovative design, large mechanical and absorbing narrative and people to redefine the third-person shooters", do not think they redefined anything, but have become one of shooting games I've played most powerful in the entire generation.
  52. Oct 11, 2012
    Without having another Max Payne game under my belt but having watched Man on Fire and the Max Payne I think I have different expectations and perception of this game than most people do. I really liked it! I thought the slow mo gunning down people was fantastic so much that I picked up other games after and was annoyed that it was too fast and I couldn't be as much of a bad ass. I neverWithout having another Max Payne game under my belt but having watched Man on Fire and the Max Payne I think I have different expectations and perception of this game than most people do. I really liked it! I thought the slow mo gunning down people was fantastic so much that I picked up other games after and was annoyed that it was too fast and I couldn't be as much of a bad ass. I never really got bored of the weapons even though it felt like I was constantly using the same weapons. The ammo scarcity was really great to the point that you were cautious about making your ammo count but not to the point that was it was debilitating if you overextended ammo here and there. The story is really what stood out to me. While I would normally argue that the cutscenes were long and frequent it was paired with commentary throughout the missions that made it melt together fairly seamlessly. Visually the game looked really good, nothing groundbreaking, but just really good. The atmosphere was perfect. At times you were a high rolling body guard bad ass at a cool location and other times you were a grimy piece of **** blasting your way though people. I know people were bothered by how the character didn't seem like a real Max Payne, but having not played the originals, and assuming the movie wasn't entirely accurate to the character in the games I really didn't have a clear vision of who Max Payne was. After playing Max Payne 3 I can say this, he is a harsh bitter ol alcoholic who will mow through the bad guys; most importantly, I like him. Expand
  53. Sep 11, 2012
    The only thing that kept me playing this game was the joy of sharing another one way walk into Hell with Max. Max is Dirty Harry, John Mclane, The Punisher and all the other 'too dumb to quit' good guy cops rolled into one. Gameplay 4. Graphics 4. Voiceover 8. MAX PAYNE 10. I may have fallen through a roadway in a graphical glitch that saw me looking up at a ghost city from beneath. I mayThe only thing that kept me playing this game was the joy of sharing another one way walk into Hell with Max. Max is Dirty Harry, John Mclane, The Punisher and all the other 'too dumb to quit' good guy cops rolled into one. Gameplay 4. Graphics 4. Voiceover 8. MAX PAYNE 10. I may have fallen through a roadway in a graphical glitch that saw me looking up at a ghost city from beneath. I may have gone crosseyed fighting the umpteenth lookalike badguy in the umpteenth lookalike location. I may be frustrated that it takes a half a clip of 7.62 FMJ rounds to stop a badguy goon standing up again after I shot him once. But, hey MAX is back and thats good enough for me. As max says "There it was, the soundtrack to my life, and, for a few seconds, came harmony, finally". Expand
  54. Sep 2, 2012
    I'll start by saying that I have replayed this game 3 times already. Not because of the story (which is also pretty awesome) but because the gameplay is that much fun. The controls are tight and after about 20 minutes you will be flying through the air bringing death in spades. The multi player is a pleasant surprise. Believe it or not there is bullet time and it actually works. . . unlessI'll start by saying that I have replayed this game 3 times already. Not because of the story (which is also pretty awesome) but because the gameplay is that much fun. The controls are tight and after about 20 minutes you will be flying through the air bringing death in spades. The multi player is a pleasant surprise. Believe it or not there is bullet time and it actually works. . . unless you are on the receiving end. I can't recommend this game enough to everyone who is a fan or new to the series. Expand
  55. Sep 2, 2012
    a very good game but it has a grim and depressing story some times upsetting but is very good!
    multiplayer is the best PVP games i have been in killing other player is so much better this game wipes the floor with Call Of Duty
  56. Aug 29, 2012
    For being a linear story game Max Payne feels like open world. I mean that in a sense that no matter how many times the same thing you do in each chapter or level it doesn't feel the same, and actually very fun and cinematic feel. I give the story pacing a very good 9/10, the only reason why it didn't get 10/10 is because it felt rushed at the last minute. Then the character development isFor being a linear story game Max Payne feels like open world. I mean that in a sense that no matter how many times the same thing you do in each chapter or level it doesn't feel the same, and actually very fun and cinematic feel. I give the story pacing a very good 9/10, the only reason why it didn't get 10/10 is because it felt rushed at the last minute. Then the character development is extremely good for a game. You fell for Max and you want him to win, ironically he doesn't all the time which makes for good plot twist often very depressing. I would give characters and character development a 10/10 and plot 10/10, both did really well because of how serious the game felt without being like a soap opera, with the terrible acting and stupid plot twist. Then the multiplayer is really good too. I mean it is really balanced and gang wars is interesting and alot of replyability and bullet time. The only thing holding it back is that leveling up can sometimes feel like a long time. Now the only thing that is really drops the score for me is character mobility. Now i decided to score this because of two reasons. One is that they had a huge budget to spend and it is a linear game to details like this can often make or break a linear game. Two is because it is very important aspect because max Payne is a hard game, and often cover to cover is the only way to survive especially in multiplayer. Now i know in campaign Max isn't some Ezio and he can't really do parkour or barrel rolls with ease or anything like that but when it comes to multiplayer it feels like my guy no matter how heavy or like he/she is, it still feels like a big tank and somewhat slow which feels very awkward, and at times it feels like my avatar just ate 3 big macs with large fries. So unfortunately because of multiplayer character control i have to give character feel a 6/10. Its good in campaign but in multiplayer it can be really frustrating. Now adding up the scores this game receives 45/50 or a 9/10 for me. Expand
  57. Aug 27, 2012
    At first I was a little apprehensive in the knowledge that the series had now gone to Sao Paulo, but Rockstar's writing certainly assuaged my fears. They knew what they were doing when they took Max and sent him on an odyssey through a land where the fabulously rich live beside the crushingly poor. Gunplay is fantastic, and the animation keeps you in the action all the way. Play this game,At first I was a little apprehensive in the knowledge that the series had now gone to Sao Paulo, but Rockstar's writing certainly assuaged my fears. They knew what they were doing when they took Max and sent him on an odyssey through a land where the fabulously rich live beside the crushingly poor. Gunplay is fantastic, and the animation keeps you in the action all the way. Play this game, it'll take you for one hell of a ride. Expand
  58. Aug 26, 2012
    I really enjoyed playing Max Payne 3 both the story and online multiplayer are solid and will keep you busy for hours.

First of all, the campaign was very good, and its story was top notch. This is by far one of the best campaigns I have ever seen in a recent title. The campaign is also long, but there isn't any replay vaule to be had. Multiplayer is also very solid. I have not had

Multiplayer is also very solid. I have not had a single disconnected game since I got it. Although I have to admit there is a very high number of lag switchers on there and there is also some weapon balancing issues. However regardless of these issues multiplayer is very fun to play. Graphically the game is fantastic, not as good as those found in Skyrim, but up at the very top. The textures, animations and character models are all top notch. Overall this is one of the few modern games that has both a decent single player and multiplayer. Rockstar have done a great job with this title.
  59. Aug 21, 2012
    I was skeptical whether I would like this Rockstar game at first but soon found out that this is a worthwhile game to play through once or twice. The graphics are about what you would hope for in a title at this point in current gen games. The bullet time effect and kill cam can make you feel like a true action hero at times and once you get used to the somewhat annoying controls, you\'llI was skeptical whether I would like this Rockstar game at first but soon found out that this is a worthwhile game to play through once or twice. The graphics are about what you would hope for in a title at this point in current gen games. The bullet time effect and kill cam can make you feel like a true action hero at times and once you get used to the somewhat annoying controls, you\'ll find yourself rolling in and out of cover positions about as gracefully as you can expect a middle aged, drunken; out of shape bad ass can. The controls and cover system definitely aren\'t ad precise as say GR: Future soldier, however Max Payne isn\'t exactly the special forces type. Despite the somewhat wonky controls the story flows seamlessly from one chapter to the next. It gives you a glimpse into Max\'s life and shows the depths of his sorrow. All in all it\'s a lot of fun. Expand
  60. Aug 10, 2012
    I've awaited the return of Max Payne for so long and I was not disappointed at all. Max Payne is a stunning game. It has amazing graphics and shooting. The bullet time is better than ever. The story is dark and depressing with what I thought was a very simple and effective ending. It has one of the more sophisticated stories of 2012. I recommend this to fans of games.
  61. Aug 6, 2012
    Despite initially having low expectations for this game as it looked like the first two max payne games without the humor or the challenge due to the new cover mechanic. I was genuinely surprised by how good the game was. It had fantastic graphics, a gripping (but still cliched) story, tight gun play mechanics that still managed to provide a hefty challenge, and multiplayer that for onceDespite initially having low expectations for this game as it looked like the first two max payne games without the humor or the challenge due to the new cover mechanic. I was genuinely surprised by how good the game was. It had fantastic graphics, a gripping (but still cliched) story, tight gun play mechanics that still managed to provide a hefty challenge, and multiplayer that for once didn't feel tacked on to make an extra buck. If you're not a fan of third person shooters this game wont change your mind, but if you do enjoy them this among the best of the genre. Expand
  62. Aug 5, 2012
    Rockstar manages to deliver a high quality shooter. The third installment to the series boasts stunning visuals and physics, a lengthy and story-driven singleplayer campaign, as well as a competent multiplayer component. Max Payne 3 is by no means perfect, for instance by featuring a wee bit many cutscenes, but it's still a very enjoyable game.
  63. Aug 2, 2012
    The game is amazing.The story is well worth playing multiple times and the "In A New York Minuet" Mode make it very fun to play and compete against other player's time.The multiplayer can get a bit frustrating at times but I played it and never got mad that my team lost because I was having so much fun.The bullet time feature in multiplayer is amazingly fun and works very well.But the gameThe game is amazing.The story is well worth playing multiple times and the "In A New York Minuet" Mode make it very fun to play and compete against other player's time.The multiplayer can get a bit frustrating at times but I played it and never got mad that my team lost because I was having so much fun.The bullet time feature in multiplayer is amazingly fun and works very well.But the game does have its flaws,some players do cheat in online and the story is very hard to follow if you're a new comer to the Max Payne story.The multiplayer will need a little time to get the hang of but other than that the game is amazingly fun. Expand
  64. Jul 31, 2012
    Alright,I have played through the story twice and played many hours of the wicked multiplayer and come to the conclusion that this is as close to perfect as you can get for a video game.there are no flaws I can see and it's just a enjoyable awesome experience that everybody should play.The first two Max Payne games I played were the xbox versions and they were grade A awesome.This is theAlright,I have played through the story twice and played many hours of the wicked multiplayer and come to the conclusion that this is as close to perfect as you can get for a video game.there are no flaws I can see and it's just a enjoyable awesome experience that everybody should play.The first two Max Payne games I played were the xbox versions and they were grade A awesome.This is the next generation of games so of course it's gonna be different.I absolutely love the direction Rockstar went with this game.It has replay value like crazy.If you only played single player with no online I would recommend this to the highest degree.I love when games do that and then the online is amazing and just as good,if not better,then anything out there.Please get this game cause i you dont then you are missing out on the second best thing to come out this year,being Mass Effect 3, is the only game better but I would rate this in the top ten in the last 5 years of video games.Just brilliant!! Expand
  65. Jul 30, 2012
    I've followed Max Payne since his release in the early days of PS2. Now 10 years later Max Payne 3 delivers a punch full of action,atmosphere,addictive gameplay ,amazing Multiplayer, and a deep story that echoes back to the past of former Max Payne games. The noir is still there albeit being in sunny Sao Paulo it still has that Max Payne feel. Bullet Time mechanics are still there as wellI've followed Max Payne since his release in the early days of PS2. Now 10 years later Max Payne 3 delivers a punch full of action,atmosphere,addictive gameplay ,amazing Multiplayer, and a deep story that echoes back to the past of former Max Payne games. The noir is still there albeit being in sunny Sao Paulo it still has that Max Payne feel. Bullet Time mechanics are still there as well but reinvented for today to make for smoother gunplay. The soundtrack to the game sets the mood from the very beginning to the bitter end. Replayability is there in all new game modes such as NY Minute and NY Minute Hardcore. Each time you beat the game on a certain difficulty you unlock other things in game and also there is an addictive ,insanely deep Multiplayer which is full of surprises. This game to me is the best game of the year so far and I can't get enough. If your a fan of original max Payne games then you'll definitely want to pick up Max Payne 3. Expand
  66. Jul 29, 2012
    So I rarely am disappointed with RockStar and this time was no different. This was a really amazing add-on to the Max Payne series. The game graphics were improved to a modern day shooter and kept the awesome, classic feel of the original games. With blood, violence, and drugs you expect, the game balances well with story, drama, and a connection with Max that no one wishes to have. MakingSo I rarely am disappointed with RockStar and this time was no different. This was a really amazing add-on to the Max Payne series. The game graphics were improved to a modern day shooter and kept the awesome, classic feel of the original games. With blood, violence, and drugs you expect, the game balances well with story, drama, and a connection with Max that no one wishes to have. Making you want to keep going and going until the end (which was solid). I did not play the multiplayer because, lets face it, who plays Max Payne for multiplayer? Replay value is at least twice to just make sure you find all the little detail and kill people in every way possible. A must for fans of the series. Expand
  67. Jul 26, 2012
    Rockstar did it again!! After playin this game I was a little suprised though as too why the rating wasn't higher up ..but brilliant storyline, stunningly beautiful graphics nd great characters ..not as good as red dead redemption in my mind but definately a great experience and one every gamer should have
  68. Jul 20, 2012
    Rockstar managed to take a "corridor shooting game" and make it as full of life than its usual sandbox games! Max Payne 3 is the proof that video game is art. The directing is amazing. I've already done several times the chapter taking place in the favellas wich is one of my most favourite game scenes, near the Ravenholm one from Half-Life 2 :)
  69. Jul 16, 2012
    I am going to rate this game solely on the campaign because the only reason why this game was purchased by me and made into a game was because of the AMAZING CAMPAIGN. All I can say is it was a HELL OF A RIDE! Not only was the gameplay amazing but the story kept me glued to the monitor. The campaign was CRAZY long and a straight shot through took me all day (10+ hrs on hard). I tried someI am going to rate this game solely on the campaign because the only reason why this game was purchased by me and made into a game was because of the AMAZING CAMPAIGN. All I can say is it was a HELL OF A RIDE! Not only was the gameplay amazing but the story kept me glued to the monitor. The campaign was CRAZY long and a straight shot through took me all day (10+ hrs on hard). I tried some of the multiplayer and let me tell you it ain't bad either. I cant wait to get back on! EASY 10 Expand
  70. Jul 15, 2012
    The fact of the matter is that the only way to really appreciate and avoid some valid criticisms of Max Payne 3, one must see this game as more of a new envisioning of the franchise. What made the original game stand out aside from the bullet time gameplay was minute details; the fact that groups of enemies had hilarious conversations between each other, or the ingenious narrative withThe fact of the matter is that the only way to really appreciate and avoid some valid criticisms of Max Payne 3, one must see this game as more of a new envisioning of the franchise. What made the original game stand out aside from the bullet time gameplay was minute details; the fact that groups of enemies had hilarious conversations between each other, or the ingenious narrative with catchy phrases that practically defines the noir genre, and the entire dark shades and tones that overtook the graphics- Max Payne 3 does not so much do away with these things as update and modernize the series to meet the standards of today.

For some players, immersion may be instantaneous from the hook, and for others, it may take longer, and there may be those who essentially give up because they find it mundane, however; the game is best seen like a playable movie that, by the second disc, truly shines: The narrative becomes more astute, the character of Max Payne becomes polished, and the story begins to pick up with quite some twists and turns.

The gameplay is so refined that this game is the pinnacle of its genre and with the graphics and attention to detail being by far the best for action shooters thus far, Max Payne 3 truly shines as the must have and must play for anyone who wants an experience beyond anything out in the market.

Another important note is the surprising amount of replay value and goodies, such as collectible
  71. Jul 13, 2012
    What a game. It reinvents what it created to begin with. Pure innovation. Great to the point it feels like a movie. Online play isn't your regular Call of Duty Modern Warfare, but it does try.
  72. Jul 7, 2012
    Certainly game of the year material. The outstanding graphical engine, incredible cut scenes, adult material, satisfying length and completely satisfying gunplay are only outdone by the no holes barred difficulty level which demands respect and commitment. I've waited ages for an xbox game that puts together a challenge so well, even on standard difficulty it is a challenge but hard putsCertainly game of the year material. The outstanding graphical engine, incredible cut scenes, adult material, satisfying length and completely satisfying gunplay are only outdone by the no holes barred difficulty level which demands respect and commitment. I've waited ages for an xbox game that puts together a challenge so well, even on standard difficulty it is a challenge but hard puts it into another league. The AI is sublime and requires full use of the cover system and strategic use of bullet time for full effect. This takes the Max Payne formula and turns the volume up to 11. The satisfaction of melding as one with Max Payne and becoming a bullet machine outclasses all other 3rd person shooters I have played on xbox.

But it's the little things.. like voice acting done superbly, the physics engine which models the impact of every bullet, the frame rate steady even as the tension mounts, the lack of loading screens, the increasing difficulty curve constantly keeping you on your toes, to the brilliant multiplayer that really tests your skills that make this one a real keeper. Only a few quibbles, like the removal of guns at certain checkpoints, ocassionally lengthy save points, difficulty viewing enemies in some camera spots and a few scripted action sequences that dump you infront of an almost certain death, detract from the positive experience. These are all forgivable sins in a game this well put together.

If you do not possess fearless, well honed gaming skills, often turn the difficulty down to easy, and expect regenerative health cheating and stupid AI...then really steer clear as Max Payne 3 is going to hand it to you time and time again. For those serious old school gamers ready for a challenge and the tenacity to overcome the odds of a tough but mostly fair combat system Max Payne 3 delivers in the way only Rockstar know how. Why aren't more xbox games like this? Because most gamers aren't man enough.
  73. Jul 6, 2012
    . .un juego muy bueno , bueno es solo para adultos ,aunque para mi carece de algunos detalles pero nada .de negatividad es lo mejor que he visto ...
  74. Jul 5, 2012
    As a huge fan of the Max Payne series, I can honestly say I love MP3. From the great story telling, to the awesome visual style, to the execution of gameplay, MP3 is a great game that deserves praise in almost every area. I say almost because having been such a big Payne fan, I still have not touched multiplayer since that has never been the push of the series. I have no problem with it,As a huge fan of the Max Payne series, I can honestly say I love MP3. From the great story telling, to the awesome visual style, to the execution of gameplay, MP3 is a great game that deserves praise in almost every area. I say almost because having been such a big Payne fan, I still have not touched multiplayer since that has never been the push of the series. I have no problem with it, but still cannot bring myself to dive into it as I fear it may not live up to the how great the campaign is. Still, I would expect it to be as action packed as the rest of the game. Expand
  75. Jul 2, 2012
    Rock star Games did an amazing job on this game. The campaign is intense, fun, action packed. You get right into the story and don't want to stop playing. Only bad thing i noticed of the story is it hard to go back to the main menu, kinda long cut scenes. Multiplayer is crazy good, its balanced, lots of weapons and customization. Beautiful graphics and good realistic actions to theRock star Games did an amazing job on this game. The campaign is intense, fun, action packed. You get right into the story and don't want to stop playing. Only bad thing i noticed of the story is it hard to go back to the main menu, kinda long cut scenes. Multiplayer is crazy good, its balanced, lots of weapons and customization. Beautiful graphics and good realistic actions to the multiplayer. When a grenade goes off you get thrown back from the explosion. You get shot in the leg you fall over or stumble. Overall the game has fun game play, good graphics, realistic features no other game has. Expand
  76. KRM
    Jun 29, 2012
    Rockstar yet again have shown why they are without a doubt the most credible and reliable game company in the world. Rockstar simply cannot make a bad game! I remember playing Max Payne 1 & 2 when I was younger (and being terrified at the opening sequence in Max Payne 1) and number 3 lives up to the reputation of the past two. Yeah it may not feel entirely the same, but that's because it'sRockstar yet again have shown why they are without a doubt the most credible and reliable game company in the world. Rockstar simply cannot make a bad game! I remember playing Max Payne 1 & 2 when I was younger (and being terrified at the opening sequence in Max Payne 1) and number 3 lives up to the reputation of the past two. Yeah it may not feel entirely the same, but that's because it's set in a different world and the game has been made in a different generation of console. The cinematic's are top notch, the best I've witnessed in a game since Red Dead and GTA (Rockstar yet again). The voice acting is superb. James McCaffrey is as brilliant as ever as Max, every line he utters is gold. The gameplay is also superb, Rockstar really used it's physics engine to full effect here. The music is fantastic, Rockstar as ever has crafted and picked a beautiful array of scores and the ending song composed by HEALTH entitled 'Pain' is masterful and emotional, it made me ponder the time I had grown up and spent with Max playing these brilliant games. The multiplayer is also very good and addictive. The only criticism I could possibly draw is that DLC is available to provide new maps based on levels from the story mode, where as I think that all maps based off levels from the story mode should be included from the start. Having said that this is a near perfect game and a brilliant possible conclusion to the Max Payne saga. Rockstar I salute you, and Max I salute you too. Expand
  77. Jun 28, 2012
    As is the norm with Rockstar, the character animations and environments look immaculate. The main problem I have with this game is the utterly formulaic layout of each level of the game. You'll spend hours shooting a wave of enemies from cover, then advancing, with almost no deviation from this pattern. This is to be expected from this genre, however. The one thing that saves this game isAs is the norm with Rockstar, the character animations and environments look immaculate. The main problem I have with this game is the utterly formulaic layout of each level of the game. You'll spend hours shooting a wave of enemies from cover, then advancing, with almost no deviation from this pattern. This is to be expected from this genre, however. The one thing that saves this game is how fun the gunplay and combat is. Bullet wounds look great, and Max will slowly get sweatier and dirtier as you progress through each fight. Every bullet is in real time - there are actual projectiles flying through the air, which is something that was required for the slow-motion combat. Speaking of which, the slow-motion combat looks great, and is tied in perfectly with the rest of the fighting. Again, the game is hindered only by the repetition of these fights. I have to give props to Rockstar for not including regenerating health, you must replenish your health with painkillers like in the previous games. This made the fighting intense and challenging, even on a normal difficulty. Painkillers are placed throughout a level in a manner that will make you aware that you're in danger of running out if you're hit too much. The multiplayer is mainly a lone wolf kind of deal, but you're able to use powerups in the middle of combat to help your whole team. All in all, multiplayer is quite entertaining, but there wasn't enough to keep me interested for long. All voice acting is pretty solid, though the story itself suffers from a lack of connection with the characters. Max's Noir-esque voice overs are done rather well. The only annoyance I got from these was the fact that he'll try to "help" the player progress if they're sitting around in a certain part of the level. For instance, I'd be checking out some of the details of a room when he'd say something like "I needed to move, it wasn't the time to be second guessing myself. I saw that the security door had opened" which caused some eye rolling. The cutscenes are well executed and fairly engaging. All in all, a fairly solid title. If you're a fan of shooting and explosions, you'll probably like this. It's decently challenging and good-looking, to boot. If you're looking for something with a little more depth, I'd pass this one over. Expand
  78. Jun 16, 2012
    An astonishing experience of a Single Player game: Max Payne 3 massively delivers a postmodern, hyper-real, ultra violent, realistic blast of pop culture shoot 'em up for 2012. Standing on its own as a complete story, Rock Star delivers a video game shooter experience loaded with reverence to 80s films by Michael Mann, Brian De Palma and even some hard boiled Hemingway dialogue with enoughAn astonishing experience of a Single Player game: Max Payne 3 massively delivers a postmodern, hyper-real, ultra violent, realistic blast of pop culture shoot 'em up for 2012. Standing on its own as a complete story, Rock Star delivers a video game shooter experience loaded with reverence to 80s films by Michael Mann, Brian De Palma and even some hard boiled Hemingway dialogue with enough Sam Peckinpah shoot outs to dizzy, engage and shock. It's also fresh and new, with a very shocking plot that reaches for a level of realism that video games(or even films) have yet to tackle. This game elevates the genre on dozens of levels. Expand
  79. Jun 15, 2012
    the best narrative and voice-acting I've experienced in the last 2 years in a videogame, Caffrey's voice and narration will doubtlessly shock you. The soundtrack is pretty nice and electronic. The controllers are a bit awkward but yeah
  80. Jun 14, 2012
    Max payne 3 it's a really great game, which keeps the same experience of the two previous games to the new generation without losing anything in the process, and only this is an achievement. It is multi-dimensional in many ways, including not only the main character, but other people, the environment and atmosphere. Rockstar understood that the noir clime doesn't resume in snow and blackMax payne 3 it's a really great game, which keeps the same experience of the two previous games to the new generation without losing anything in the process, and only this is an achievement. It is multi-dimensional in many ways, including not only the main character, but other people, the environment and atmosphere. Rockstar understood that the noir clime doesn't resume in snow and black and white colors, and brought this in a beautiful and colorful Brazil's adaptation, which may be exceeded sometimes, but is still great. The only point the game misses is if the story in the beginning develpos in a really good way, the final act seems to finish faster and doesn't bring that plot twist that we would hope for. Expand
  81. Jun 9, 2012
    I never played any of the other Max Payne games so i'm new to Max Payne and what a great game Max Payne 3 is. It has a fantastic story line in the whith has many twists and turns in it. The best script I have heard in a game I have heard in a long time. Just buy it. Max Payne 3 8.9/10
  82. Jun 9, 2012
    It's rare that games these days have an effect on the player after the game is over. Much like a high-octane action movie make you want to dive out of the movie theatre after the explosion. It could be the massive amounts of Rockstar detail, it could be the gritty, moving soundtrack, or it could be the evolution of a character to make you actually care about them and feel their Payne.It's rare that games these days have an effect on the player after the game is over. Much like a high-octane action movie make you want to dive out of the movie theatre after the explosion. It could be the massive amounts of Rockstar detail, it could be the gritty, moving soundtrack, or it could be the evolution of a character to make you actually care about them and feel their Payne. There's always a breathtaking moment around the corner or something to make you yell "Oh!" when cars come crashing through buildings or you dive through the air in slow motion. The gunplay is very much focused on being cinematic, and levels in the game become stages from a blockbuster movie. Glass, sparks from a bullet impact, shards of wood from the enemies cover, shell casings and brick dust will fly. It took around 10-12 hours for me to finish the story mode on Normal, which needless to say makes it a longer game than most in today's market. There's also a score attack style mode where you can play through the story levels again competing for the best score, and an online multiplayer mode. I was playing this on the PC and there were a lot of cheaters, but I think there's a patch out soon. I've clocked a few hours in the Multiplayer mode and I'm still not sure what to think. Sometimes it goes well and you have an enjoyable experience, or otherwise you're faced against a team of snipers that your bullets wont be able to reach.

It's definitely brought Max back to life using intense new technology, if you're worried about the game not being as good as Max Payne 1 & 2, or not following similar themes, you can rest assured that the game continues its noir feel and gritty "road-to-nowhere" feel.
  83. Jun 8, 2012
    This is another proof that Western games are getting better and better in quality in comparison to their Japanese counterparts. Intuitive controls, great storyline, super graphics. Max Payne made you feel like you're in a 'John Woo' film.
  84. Jun 7, 2012
    You will feel depressed right on the beginning , and that's one of the characteristic of old Max . Leaving the cold to the tropical Brazil , Max Payne still can't surpass his horrible past , thugs and the scums aren't giving Max a good welcome , and they will try to complicate every step that Max makes. Graphically , the engine is probably one of the best out there , and maybe the bestYou will feel depressed right on the beginning , and that's one of the characteristic of old Max . Leaving the cold to the tropical Brazil , Max Payne still can't surpass his horrible past , thugs and the scums aren't giving Max a good welcome , and they will try to complicate every step that Max makes. Graphically , the engine is probably one of the best out there , and maybe the best looking game from the company of GTA.Movements like jumping , dolphin diving and many other really are impressive . In the story side , i can't say it was the best ( made from Rockstar ) but was quite well written. Expand
  85. Jun 5, 2012
    welcome back to max payne. i was surprised that to hear that another max payne game was being developed, after playing the first two games a long long time ago i thought he was dead and buried. Max payne 3 is a marvellous story based game in the style of alan wake but much more fun. yes, there are a lot of cut scenes but this adds to the depth of the story. the controls are excellent. thewelcome back to max payne. i was surprised that to hear that another max payne game was being developed, after playing the first two games a long long time ago i thought he was dead and buried. Max payne 3 is a marvellous story based game in the style of alan wake but much more fun. yes, there are a lot of cut scenes but this adds to the depth of the story. the controls are excellent. the only problem i find with this game is if you get downed by an enemy and go into bullet time, occasionally you cannot shoot back at the bad guy who has downed you. apart from that, the story is brilliant and the multiplayer, although not perfect is a riot if you are on with friends. Expand
  86. Jun 4, 2012
    Best third person shooter ive ever played(.) amazing graphics, and amazing story. Max is now my fav. Video game character. The best part of the game is the slow motion (bullet time) this is achieved by geting kills, and filling up your meter.. Then you can use it... Diving of biuldings, and down staircases in slow mo is awsome. And the story is good.. They some how managed to integrate theBest third person shooter ive ever played(.) amazing graphics, and amazing story. Max is now my fav. Video game character. The best part of the game is the slow motion (bullet time) this is achieved by geting kills, and filling up your meter.. Then you can use it... Diving of biuldings, and down staircases in slow mo is awsome. And the story is good.. They some how managed to integrate the bullet time into multiplayer.. It sounds crazy, but if you get enough kills, u can put everyone else in slow mo. The multiplayer isnt as good as the single, but is still good. Alot of customizing, and abilitys. I loved this game. Expand
  87. Jun 3, 2012
    Im an older gamer thats been playing for over 20 years and Im telling you if you like shooters with a cool story this game is worth your time and money. But pay attention to the reviews first because this still might not be for you. The game has many cut scenes, even in arcade mode, and will constantly interupt your playing,so if you cant handle it please dont buy it and give it a badIm an older gamer thats been playing for over 20 years and Im telling you if you like shooters with a cool story this game is worth your time and money. But pay attention to the reviews first because this still might not be for you. The game has many cut scenes, even in arcade mode, and will constantly interupt your playing,so if you cant handle it please dont buy it and give it a bad review. The story reminds me of Man On Fire and I couldnt quit till I got to the end. Gameplay takes time to get used to as its harder to aim than other shooters, but if you stick with it youll get better. Graphics are some of the best ive seen. The reason I love it is because it feels fresh and different. Isnt that what were always wanting from developers anyway? Well here it is. Expand
  88. Jun 3, 2012
    outstanding game... had the feel of original max payne with the story and the dialog. this game engine is the same as red dead redemption makes me want to play GTA 5 even badder now! rockstar knocks it out the park yet again!!!
  89. Jun 3, 2012
    It's Rockstar game but it's far from GTA or RDR. Some complain about the cinematics frequency but for me this game is like good, adult action movie and I definitely like such story driven gameplay. I am a fan of first Max Payne but this game couldn't (and shouldn't) resemble that classic. Instead we've got modern gameplay mechanics combined with great story of redemption and revenge. MaxIt's Rockstar game but it's far from GTA or RDR. Some complain about the cinematics frequency but for me this game is like good, adult action movie and I definitely like such story driven gameplay. I am a fan of first Max Payne but this game couldn't (and shouldn't) resemble that classic. Instead we've got modern gameplay mechanics combined with great story of redemption and revenge. Max may be older but he's still badass. Expand
  90. Jun 2, 2012
    I thought the game looked pretty and played pretty great in the single player campaign, but I wasn't all that impressed by the multiplayer. It may just be a personal preference for me though as I am not really a fan of third person multiplayer (I didn't really take away points for this because, as I said, it's more of a personal preference and not something bad about the game).

I

I thoroughly enjoyed the single player player campaign. The cutscene load screens progressing the story I found to be nice at first, but after a few chapters I didn't really seems to care all that much anymore. The story wasn't really anything new. The issue came when you can't skip them. I know they are load screens, but if you are in your second or third play through, or even just skipping around missions looking to get achievements I found being forced to watch them for a period of time to be very annoying. The bullet time was rather fun and although the game can be very graphic at times, the game is rated M for a reason. I thought it added to the atmosphere of the game rather than hurting it.
  91. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is GREAT! No way around it, the action is fast and fluid. The cinematography is the best to date in video games along with the animations which are also top notch. The graphics will wow you more than once, many times I found myself getting distracted with backdrops and general attention to detail. Also sound will blow you away with fantastic voice acting and bullets whizzing byThis game is GREAT! No way around it, the action is fast and fluid. The cinematography is the best to date in video games along with the animations which are also top notch. The graphics will wow you more than once, many times I found myself getting distracted with backdrops and general attention to detail. Also sound will blow you away with fantastic voice acting and bullets whizzing by your head. Sometimes in the middle of playing you will have a movie play halting the action, it throws you off but when you realize its in the place of a loading screen now I wait for the load screens because there so damn good. Multi-player is a normal suite in Max Payne 3 but does well with switching it up with gang wars, crap ton of unlocks to improve your game also many bursts like slow-mo and health upgrades. Point is you need to by this game, you can see the polish and time the developers put into this game and it is a ride worth going on. Expand
  92. May 29, 2012
    Great games,one of the best games in the last couple years. the main story is very fun,their is so much action keeps you in the action though the whole game.
  93. May 29, 2012
    Max Payne returns in the 3rd instalment in the series. The history of the character, and the effects of alcohol and addiction to painkillers, are detailed through a series of cinematic cutscenes. Rockstar has succesfully re-introduced ever pessimistic Payne, and also added this nior-esc quality to the gameplay. Possibly the most impressive aspect is the combat. Max combines slow motionMax Payne returns in the 3rd instalment in the series. The history of the character, and the effects of alcohol and addiction to painkillers, are detailed through a series of cinematic cutscenes. Rockstar has succesfully re-introduced ever pessimistic Payne, and also added this nior-esc quality to the gameplay. Possibly the most impressive aspect is the combat. Max combines slow motion "bullet time", dramatic slow motion leaps and a 360 degrees prone system, that allows for continual enjoyment. Bullet cams are simply an addition, though gratuitous, to provide a more graphic perspective on kill shots. The eclectic selection of weapons, and the inclusion of collectable gold guns adds a layer of achievement to the games many missions. The cutscene to gameplay transition is superb, each location is perfectly rendered, the voice acting is infallible and the story is neither cliched nor mundane. The story is were this game really shines, with strong character development and perfect motion capture. This game performs on every level. Expand
  94. May 27, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a great game and contains loads of fun. The singleplayer story is well written and voice acted, again Rockstar games raises the bar for what I think is a good 3rd person shooter. The gameplay is really fun and the realistic guns add a lot to the game. As I said before the story is awesome, Rockstar proves that you can have a gritty noir game in a city that is foreign. ToMax Payne 3 is a great game and contains loads of fun. The singleplayer story is well written and voice acted, again Rockstar games raises the bar for what I think is a good 3rd person shooter. The gameplay is really fun and the realistic guns add a lot to the game. As I said before the story is awesome, Rockstar proves that you can have a gritty noir game in a city that is foreign. To add to the overall package the multiplayer is also very fun and will keep you playing for lots of hours to unlock guns. Max Payne 3 is one of the best games this year and if you miss out on it your going to regret it. Expand
  95. May 25, 2012
    Great game. Pure fun. The acting is good, the graphics are good, and the sound is great. Haven't played much multiplayer because i don't like interacting with the little foul mouth 10 year old that populate the land of Xbox live but the little bit I did play was pretty fun. The only downside is the long unskippable cutscenes. There great the fist time around but on your second or thirdGreat game. Pure fun. The acting is good, the graphics are good, and the sound is great. Haven't played much multiplayer because i don't like interacting with the little foul mouth 10 year old that populate the land of Xbox live but the little bit I did play was pretty fun. The only downside is the long unskippable cutscenes. There great the fist time around but on your second or third play through it gets very annoying. Still a way better game then I expected. Expand
  96. May 25, 2012
    I'm from Brazil, and the rich details on all levels and favelas is amazing. I don't live on favela, but i know places like that, and Rockstar did ONE MORE TIME a perfect job. Many lessons learned with Uncharted, but MP3 but the shooter on another high level.
  97. May 24, 2012
    Having never been a huge fan of the MP franchise, I bought this one as more of a time filler than anything else. This, so far, is one of the best titles of the year. Graphically the game is very good, with the searing heat of Sao Paulo brilliantly conveyed. The presentation is what we've come to expect from Rockstar, but this time they've really outdone themselves, the game has a veryHaving never been a huge fan of the MP franchise, I bought this one as more of a time filler than anything else. This, so far, is one of the best titles of the year. Graphically the game is very good, with the searing heat of Sao Paulo brilliantly conveyed. The presentation is what we've come to expect from Rockstar, but this time they've really outdone themselves, the game has a very gritty grind house feel which I personally think suits the dark nature of the story and is a great refreshing change. Maybe a word of warning though, this game is very, very violent - the effects are graphic but done so much better than anything I have seen before. Sound design is spot on and the gameplay is great fun, cover mechanics and bullet time make this game a hoot. There is a lot of fun to be had out with the single player with some great variations on the campaign. Special mention to multiplayer though, it is brilliant, loads of game modes and really good pacing make this a very very enjoyable title! Expand
  98. May 24, 2012
    Those complaining about the game being linear need to pause before they speak. This is not an open world sandbox game by any stretch of the imagination, and it was never intended to be that style of game. If you want to say "Eff the main storyline I'm going to shoot arrows into the knees of guards" stick to a sandbox game. Just because the game is by definition "linear" does not make it aThose complaining about the game being linear need to pause before they speak. This is not an open world sandbox game by any stretch of the imagination, and it was never intended to be that style of game. If you want to say "Eff the main storyline I'm going to shoot arrows into the knees of guards" stick to a sandbox game. Just because the game is by definition "linear" does not make it a bad game. (some of the best games ever have been completely linear, anyone remember that game super mario 3?) What Max Payne 3 is however, is a well written and action packed adventure epic. I did not find the cut-scenes intrusive, but rather found them to be well done and add a lot to the progressing storyline. However, this may be because I love a good story, and actually like to be drawn into the story instead of desperately needing to keep my fingers moving the entire time (critics who keep complaining about the game making them sit still too long just go back to your stupid COD multiplayer and shut up. leave the rating of games with actual plotlines to your betters ie: people with attention spans larger than a squirrel's). My only beef is that sometimes the cover system is a tiny bit clunky, but in the long run this is rendered null and void once you learn how to master the bullet dodge and slow motion techniques.

In conclusion, this game is absolutely terrific and is definitely worth a buy.
  99. May 24, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is probably the best 3rd person shooter I have ever played. I know with it being a Rockstar game you're expected to get a well developed, an outstanding quality product and an immersive experience, Rockstar certainly have done this.

To me MP3 makes you actually care about the characters involved in the story especially MP himself, not many games can make you feel emotional for the protagonist or what is happening around them, once again Rockstar deliver for what their renowned for and thats focusing on giving the audience the best experience possible from the campaign. A lot of people are complaining about the cutscene transition, as far as I'm aware this have never been done in a game before and it works so well, there is a good balance of gameplay and cutscences (I didn't notice there being so many cutscenes that most of the game is based around watching rather than playing?) you never feel lost as to what is happening and it's really immersive how you suddenly become involved in the frantic shootouts. I personally don't feel Rockstar have taken away the core of the MP nostalgia, if anything they have developed on it and embraced it and have made it something their own which to me is a great thing, because we all know that the MP franchise (if they continue with any sequels) is in good hands and they will never dissapoint. The multiplayer aspect of the game is a nice and interesting concept because the previous MP games didn't have the kind of technology or experience to discover how bullet time could work in multiplayer. It's a lof of fun and quite addictive and just feels like a scale downed version of GTA 4 with bullet time but that's not a bad thing.

However the real main reason to pick this game up is for the single player, anyone whom is a MP fan or is new to the series, I reccommend this game without shadow of a doubt you will not be disappointed.
  100. May 22, 2012
    Despite the sort of conventional feeling 'last boss' climax, this is one brilliantly made game. The gameplay forces you to come up with a strategy on how to defeat your enemies, because their aim is good too, and it doesn't take that many bullets to kill Max (unless of course you have a bunch of pain killers stashed up). The game enforces perfect aiming when in battle - every shot counts -Despite the sort of conventional feeling 'last boss' climax, this is one brilliantly made game. The gameplay forces you to come up with a strategy on how to defeat your enemies, because their aim is good too, and it doesn't take that many bullets to kill Max (unless of course you have a bunch of pain killers stashed up). The game enforces perfect aiming when in battle - every shot counts - and this, with the insane amount of enemies that surround you, is no easy feat. I loved how the scenes blended in with the gameplay and that the game's loading was hardly apparent (unless of course you quit, restarted, or beat the game) - otherwise it's nearly seamless. The game's writing is beautiful and the story is simply fantastic. Collapse

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 8, 2012
    A compelling, down and dirty bullet basket populated by real characters and visceral gunplay. [July 2012, p.55]
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The presentation is top-notch, the game feels like you want it to never end while you're playing it, and the multiplayer gives it longevity that will stick around for a good while.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 20, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a great action-movie experience with life-like characters that Rockstar is famous for. It does fall a bit flat on the actual action part, however. The controls on consoles are confusing and hard to get used to. Still very much worth a play-thru. It's also one of the best looking console games in the current generation. [June 2012]