Max Payne 3 Xbox 360

7.8

1. May 15, 2012
    This is truly a fantastic game. Max Payne 3 is a great shooter with an extremely fascinating script and storyline that totally succeeds in delivering a perfect noir tale! The pacing is just the right speed and I personally had no trouble playing this game nonstop for more than a couple of hours. The graphics, full of detail and constantly very colorful and at times and very beautiful asThis is truly a fantastic game. Max Payne 3 is a great shooter with an extremely fascinating script and storyline that totally succeeds in delivering a perfect noir tale! The pacing is just the right speed and I personally had no trouble playing this game nonstop for more than a couple of hours. The graphics, full of detail and constantly very colorful and at times and very beautiful as well. The characters, brimming with interesting personality traits all while delivering quick, intriguing, and sometimes very funny lines. The action and gameplay, a huge amount of fun that never grows tiring and always works well and correctly. And Max Payne himself, as engaging and engrossing a character as ever while also being voiced wonderfully by James McCaffrey. With an endlessly fun multiplayer and an incredibly involving story this comes up to make this game is yet another triumph to add to Rockstar's list! Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    well,the main thing a person looks in any product is that it should be a fun experience worth playing. Max Payne 3 is all of that and much more.It is a game more focused on story as all the previous max Payne's have been and packs satisfying gunplay to boot.It may not be THE BEST third person shooter out there but max payne 3's gameplay and story lives up to expectations with multiplayerwell,the main thing a person looks in any product is that it should be a fun experience worth playing. Max Payne 3 is all of that and much more.It is a game more focused on story as all the previous max Payne's have been and packs satisfying gunplay to boot.It may not be THE BEST third person shooter out there but max payne 3's gameplay and story lives up to expectations with multiplayer being a riot. So if you want to play something fun with a serious storyline as well as gr8 multiplayer,max payne 3 is the game to get. Expand
  3. May 15, 2012
    All that i can say about this game is that it is exactly what I've come to expect from Rockstar. Play through single player once and a little multiplayer - very polished - addictive gameplay and awesome multiplayer. Must buy - it's just too bad for the games sake it was released on console the same day as Diablo 3.
  4. May 15, 2012
    Max payne has always been my favourite game but i was a little worried about the third part bcoz it wasnt remedy making the game but no disrespect to Rockstar they are awesome specially i thnk so after playing max payne 3 it is an awesome game gr8 story driven action heart pumping gameplay and brilliant multiplayer i must say i am thrilled after playing it and have to say rockstar have notMax payne has always been my favourite game but i was a little worried about the third part bcoz it wasnt remedy making the game but no disrespect to Rockstar they are awesome specially i thnk so after playing max payne 3 it is an awesome game gr8 story driven action heart pumping gameplay and brilliant multiplayer i must say i am thrilled after playing it and have to say rockstar have not let us down again and hasnt let the game die instead has made it famous Expand
  5. May 15, 2012
    Absolutely every bit as good as RDR and the multiplayer is better. It's a masterpiece and how the metascore isn't as higher than RDR's is beyond me. Max's story is compelling and with the gameplay is outstanding. I'll be playing this game long into the summer.
  6. May 18, 2012
    Campaign is nice, im 4 hours into it and its good, but the multiplayer is fantastic, i should give this game a 10 because of the trolls giving it a 4 or less but whatever, if you like third person shooters and online shooters this is a must buy, i dont give 2 **** what everybody else says this game is a solid 9 and that the end of it.
  7. Nov 25, 2013
    The campaign is nice, the multiplayer is good but don´t have a thing that makes you with a need to play it. It´s another good work from rockstar but for me it can be better and for me the grade of this game is 8
  8. May 17, 2012
    The overall gameplay is great with good shooting and bullet time. The normal difficultly brings up a satisfying challenge and some of the parts are hard to get by. The damage system is just right, where aiming at the head does provide a huge difference in damage. There is also a lot of extra content, like New York Minute. I would give this game a 10 but aiming on the left side I haveThe overall gameplay is great with good shooting and bullet time. The normal difficultly brings up a satisfying challenge and some of the parts are hard to get by. The damage system is just right, where aiming at the head does provide a huge difference in damage. There is also a lot of extra content, like New York Minute. I would give this game a 10 but aiming on the left side I have had some experience with shooting through walls. Expand
  9. May 19, 2012
    This game is amazing, you should buy it. Best TPS of all time IMO. If you are a fan of the Max Payne games then you shoud definetely pick this up. Mutliplayer is stellar too.
  10. May 24, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is probably the best 3rd person shooter I have ever played. I know with it being a Rockstar game you're expected to get a well developed, an outstanding quality product and an immersive experience, Rockstar certainly have done this.

To me MP3 makes you actually care about the characters involved in the story especially MP himself, not many games can make you feel emotional for the protagonist or what is happening around them, once again Rockstar deliver for what their renowned for and thats focusing on giving the audience the best experience possible from the campaign. A lot of people are complaining about the cutscene transition, as far as I'm aware this have never been done in a game before and it works so well, there is a good balance of gameplay and cutscences (I didn't notice there being so many cutscenes that most of the game is based around watching rather than playing?) you never feel lost as to what is happening and it's really immersive how you suddenly become involved in the frantic shootouts. I personally don't feel Rockstar have taken away the core of the MP nostalgia, if anything they have developed on it and embraced it and have made it something their own which to me is a great thing, because we all know that the MP franchise (if they continue with any sequels) is in good hands and they will never dissapoint. The multiplayer aspect of the game is a nice and interesting concept because the previous MP games didn't have the kind of technology or experience to discover how bullet time could work in multiplayer. It's a lof of fun and quite addictive and just feels like a scale downed version of GTA 4 with bullet time but that's not a bad thing.

However the real main reason to pick this game up is for the single player, anyone whom is a MP fan or is new to the series, I reccommend this game without shadow of a doubt you will not be disappointed.
  11. May 22, 2012
    How anyone could have a negative comment about this game beats the hell outta. NO... this is not the same Max Payne games of old. Why would it be!? The last Max Payne to come out was 10yrs ago! Some of the cut scenes are long however they keep you engaged.. This game is GOTY (Game Of The Year) material hands down. The single player campaign will suck u in and the multiplayer is fastHow anyone could have a negative comment about this game beats the hell outta. NO... this is not the same Max Payne games of old. Why would it be!? The last Max Payne to come out was 10yrs ago! Some of the cut scenes are long however they keep you engaged.. This game is GOTY (Game Of The Year) material hands down. The single player campaign will suck u in and the multiplayer is fast action.. fun fast action. The different multiplayer game modes keep the action lively. This is a MUST OWN game. Very much worth paying full price for. If you have a open mind, love playing games that feel like yourre watching yourself play a role in a movie, love a fun fast action shooting multiplayer, and love playing games that give you challenge, then you need to check this out. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  12. May 16, 2012
    I have never played a Max Payne game before but this game intrigued me and boy am I glad I bought it! If anyone is doubting buying this because they've never played the series, buy it because it is loads of fun. The story is very cinematic and has a great premise. The story immerses you into the game and makes you want to keep playing. The multiplayer is fun as well but its more fun if youI have never played a Max Payne game before but this game intrigued me and boy am I glad I bought it! If anyone is doubting buying this because they've never played the series, buy it because it is loads of fun. The story is very cinematic and has a great premise. The story immerses you into the game and makes you want to keep playing. The multiplayer is fun as well but its more fun if you play with a crew. Overall its a pretty good game and I recommend it to anyone who likes third person shooters or shooters in general. Graphics are a 9/10, gameplay is a 10/10, lasting appeal is a 9/10, and story is a 10/10 Expand
  13. May 18, 2012
    This is an absolutely great game! The Story is really exciting and has some good twists and the voice acting is amazing. Combined with the stunning looking gameplay this is just the best Action Shooter I have seen in a long time. I think Rockstar did a good job at developing the character of Max Payne further, without losing his usual mannerisms and style. Multiplayer is also extremelyThis is an absolutely great game! The Story is really exciting and has some good twists and the voice acting is amazing. Combined with the stunning looking gameplay this is just the best Action Shooter I have seen in a long time. I think Rockstar did a good job at developing the character of Max Payne further, without losing his usual mannerisms and style. Multiplayer is also extremely enjoyable and offers a lot of variety with all the unlockables and different game modes. Expand
  14. May 17, 2012
    Solid gameplay and unquestionably impressive graphics. However, I do feel it's 'been there done that' terrain we've encountered one too many times before.
  15. May 22, 2012
    Best shooter of the year?
    Another Excellent game from Rockstar, only that this time it feels more like a movie. GAMEPLAY:
    Best shooter of the year?
    This is what every TPS should take as an example. The twist here, that sets this game apart from other, is the bullettime. whenever a fight gets too tight you can trigger it, the time slows down and you shoot as many heads as you can. Kill-cams help the movish experience of the game. The level design is also great, and make most fights feel different from one another, letting the game not become too repetitive. I am almost done with the game, and I am still happy whenever my shoot-dodge(trigger bullettime while jumping, really cool, might be ineffective) is successful. The difficulty was a little hard on me, however, I did played it on hard so I guess it's my fault. What pisses me off about it is some insane difficulty spikes that took me about 20 times to get through. But I liked what they did with it, which is giving me more ammo and painkillers(Can also be called an extra life) after you die a couple of times. Near perfect.

STORY:
    The story itself is... Pretty generic action movie story. A big conspiracy, with betrayals, corruption, and dead people.
    However,where the story really shines is in the writing, written from future Max's point of view, being both bitter-funny and badass. I enjoyed what he said most of the times, although it does get somewhat cheesy after a while. Some characters are pretty annoying, which kinda make you hope they will die.

Generic, yet fun.

MULTIPLAYER:
    Maybe I didn't played with it enough, but take a word from a single-player guy: the MP is great.a great variety of mods and awesome maps that make sure that no one camps too long -a problem that many TPS suffers from- while rewarding flanking. Here the bullettime mechanic changed, and instead of just slowing time down it can reward you with a couple of different bonuses, like bonus health and bigger guns. Character progression and customization is as well as most games. Great multiplayer, provides a lot of gameplay time. GRAPHICS:
    It may not be BattleField 3, but the graphics are excellent. Colorful, detailed environment and people, and a realistic design make sure you will enjoy the game. Seeing the bloody wounds on your enemy's head in slow-mo is also great.

Not a single bad thing about them.

SOUND:
    Great soundtrack, both the drums during the action scenes and the music outside of it is great. The voice-acting is terrific, with Max's actor in the lead. REPLAYABILITY:
    Despite its average-lengthed campaign, it does provide a lot of hours with its great multiplayer and arcade modes (I didn't played them much but they do seem fun), collectibles (some of which helps you action wise) and achievements that make you want to play it again.

Worth your money. Definitely.

TECHNICAL ISSUES:
    I ran to almost no bugs and glitches, except a few minor ones.

REAL SCORE: 9.25
  16. May 18, 2012
    This may be the greatest game I have ever played. The story has so many great aspects to it, and on top of that, the gameplay mechanics are so crisp and refined, you will forget it is a video game. Its multiplayer plays much like the single player, and keeps the immersing experience. Over all this game is a must for all fans of the previous games, as well as newcomers, I did not evenThis may be the greatest game I have ever played. The story has so many great aspects to it, and on top of that, the gameplay mechanics are so crisp and refined, you will forget it is a video game. Its multiplayer plays much like the single player, and keeps the immersing experience. Over all this game is a must for all fans of the previous games, as well as newcomers, I did not even hesitate to give this game a 10/10. Expand
  17. May 21, 2012
    Absolutely stellar experience, one of the best Rockstar titles to date and incredibly enjoyable. For those expecting a straight up shoot 'em up, it's a lot more than that, and has an intriguing plot with plenty of twists that really keep you guessing. Some people find the cutscenes annoying or aggrevating but I think their frequency is exaggerated, and I felt that they nicely broke up theAbsolutely stellar experience, one of the best Rockstar titles to date and incredibly enjoyable. For those expecting a straight up shoot 'em up, it's a lot more than that, and has an intriguing plot with plenty of twists that really keep you guessing. Some people find the cutscenes annoying or aggrevating but I think their frequency is exaggerated, and I felt that they nicely broke up the gameplay.

I initially bought it for the gameplay but quickly found myself hooked on the story and unable to put it down until I'd finished it. The difficulty settings are well balanced, my only real qualm was that free aim was a little tough to get used to, but once you get used to it it is a good system. I personally feel though that the game is meant to be played with soft lock on as targeting distant enemies with free aim is often difficult and clunky.

The voice acting and story telling is excellent, and lives up to the standard you'd expect from a Rockstar game. Multiplayer is an excellent distraction, and the avatar customisation and crew system works really well. The multiplayer modes are fun to play and are best played with friends, particularly the story based gang wars which are incredibly enjoyable when crew rivalries erupt. The burst system lends itself very well to the gameplay, and perks such as sneaky and paranoia are particularly fun. The weight system is also very clever, and working out your ideal loadout and carefully balancing your weight is very fun.

To conclude, the gunplay is awesome, and multiplayer should keep you going long after you finish the story, if third person teamplay is your thing. Don't expect a third person call of duty, I'd liken it to a fleshed out RDR multiplayer with its own twist. While the controls can be a little clunky and the fighting a little samey, the story keeps you hooked and has you guessing until the end.
  18. May 16, 2012
    I don't know the game, so I cannot comment on them. However I'm here to make a note that every user review scored under 5 were trolling. Just check their profile. Some dude rated skyrim a 0 and diabolo 3 a 10. Some dude rated Max Payne 3 xbox a 0 and Max Payne 3 ps3 version a 10, and many others. C'mon why do people post those trolling reviews on this site?
  19. May 17, 2012
    I have been waiting for this game for a long time now, all i can say now is Freaking awesome!!!! At first the gameplay takes a bit of getting used to, the way the characters move as you can feel the weight of the character and there weapons. Its pretty awesome.

Max Payne 3 also makes me wonder if this (Besides bullet time of course) is an early feel to what GTA 5 will play like..hmmm something to consider. As you can carry over your multiplayer Gang/crew over to GTA 5, which is also a cool feature and obviously will keep the multiplayer alive that time. The multiplayer also has quite a few weapons and attachments and gadgets to unlock as you progress to you rank 50. And a few cool features, like when you die you get to see how many times and where you were shot. The other cool feature i like is the Vendetta action, where if the same person keeps killing you can put a bounty type thingy on there head, but dont let them kill you again.

The single player is just epic if you are a max payne fan, if your not then its still epic. Yes the FMVs are a bit annoying at first but you do get used to it and sucked into the world of max payne 3. And for the 12hrs of single player thats longer than any shooter i have played this year. Theres also plenty of reason to keep playing the single player once finished, like the time challenge in arcade mode.

All i can say is Buy or at least rent max payne 3, its Outstanding!!!!!
  20. May 16, 2012
    Max Payne real return and this cool.well,the main thing a person looks in any product is that it should be a fun experience worth playing. Max Payne 3 is all of that and much more.
  21. May 16, 2012
    I would compare this game to a more mature themed Uncharted 3 - BUT BETTER OVERALL. The graphics are better, the story is better, the controls are better and I'm about to play the multiplayer tonight which seems awesome. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME GAME!
  22. May 16, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is real game, a game for everyone who want to have fun, spend a lot of time in front of the tv, and the best of all, play with your friends on multiplayer. The history is very good, and expecially in a dangerous city like São Paulo. The multiplayer is very fun and the best way to play is with your friends. Bullet time is very good and Rockstar did it again, thMax Payne 3 is real game, a game for everyone who want to have fun, spend a lot of time in front of the tv, and the best of all, play with your friends on multiplayer. The history is very good, and expecially in a dangerous city like São Paulo. The multiplayer is very fun and the best way to play is with your friends. Bullet time is very good and Rockstar did it again, th best game of the year so far in my opinion. Expand
  23. May 17, 2012
    Really love Max Payne 3 a lot. I am on chapter 3 of the single player and it has me so engaged. I can't recall the last time I was into a single player of game this much (Maybe Bulletstorm). The multiplayer is really fun as well. I think this is for sure a must own game. Even if your not super big on shooters you will enjoy it due to it's great story, cut scenes, graphics and voice acting.
  24. May 18, 2012
    What makes Max payne 3 so great is that it stays true to the older games while still feeling new and fresh. When it comes down to the graphics, animations, and very addictive gameplay its pure gaming gold. Max payne 3 is one of the best games to come out this year and should be expirenced by any gamer. The only thing i diddent really enjoy is that it is very linear. Like the parts whereWhat makes Max payne 3 so great is that it stays true to the older games while still feeling new and fresh. When it comes down to the graphics, animations, and very addictive gameplay its pure gaming gold. Max payne 3 is one of the best games to come out this year and should be expirenced by any gamer. The only thing i diddent really enjoy is that it is very linear. Like the parts where it shows Max drinking in his appartment why dont we get to play that part instead of just watching it in a cutscene. But anyway it is a fantastic game. Expand
  25. May 16, 2012
    Man on Fire: The Video Game. That's really my assessment of Max Payne 3. It's like Denzel's classic movie but with Max Payne and a different kidnapped girl. All the beats are pretty much the same but the game kicks bareknuckle ass. I booted up the game and started playing on Hard difficulty. Having not played Max Payne in a while it took a while to adjust to the controls and the AI wasMan on Fire: The Video Game. That's really my assessment of Max Payne 3. It's like Denzel's classic movie but with Max Payne and a different kidnapped girl. All the beats are pretty much the same but the game kicks bareknuckle ass. I booted up the game and started playing on Hard difficulty. Having not played Max Payne in a while it took a while to adjust to the controls and the AI was pretty tough to beat at first on this difficulty so I felt frustrated and wasn't really into the game. But as this train gets chugging along man oh man does it NEVER STOP. And I mean it, the relentless pace of Max Payne 3 is without question insane. If there's not a cutscene going on then bet your ass there is a balls to the wall shootout or a ingeniously designed action set piece to dazzle your eyes and boggle your mind. It's like Rockstar is trying to channel there inner Naughty Dog with this effort. And for the most part they succeed. Where they fail, is in the graphics for me. And before you jump my bones, let me explain. Alot of the game is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. Particularly Max Payne's rendering himself and some of the locales (like when Max switches to that Hawaiin shirt and battles gangs in the slums....GORGEOUS. However, there are FAR TOO MANY framerate jumps and poor textures in this game. And some of the animations look just as bad as they did on GTA4. And that was made five years ago. And the nonstop shootouts CAN get just a tad repetitive although they are a blast to play. Aside from that, where Max Payne 3 really shines is in it's characterization and character development of it's lead hero. This is INCREDIBLY well done. You literally feel like you're in the mind of Max. You feel his pain, his frustration, his addiction, his regret, his inner demons and turmoul. You feel sorry for the guy. So when he kicks ass, you're rooting for him. That's one helluva accomplishment. The flashbacks are brilliantly done as well. All in all the game is seriously fun. The second best shooter I've played this Gen behind the Uncharted series and another GREAT game in the Rockstar library. These guys are just ALWYAS delivering the goods. Expand
  26. May 16, 2012
    This game, once you get the controls down to where you are comfortable moving around, taking cover, etc. is definitely worth checking out. I have always been happy with Rockstar because they give you $60 worth of a game. I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, and L.A. Noire. All of these titles were worth their price. Surprisingly, the campaign in this game kept me guessing. I expected toThis game, once you get the controls down to where you are comfortable moving around, taking cover, etc. is definitely worth checking out. I have always been happy with Rockstar because they give you $60 worth of a game. I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, and L.A. Noire. All of these titles were worth their price. Surprisingly, the campaign in this game kept me guessing. I expected to go in guns blazing most time, but sometimes things happened that weren't like anything I guessed. The multiplayer is also worth checking out. The ease of play within the multiplayer part of the game surprised me also. Most games have camping, elite players, etc. This game encourages everyone to play, and you are rewarded for doing so. Overall, this game is worth playing. Expand
  27. May 18, 2012
    Forget that guys that doesn't know appreciate different ways to present a game. Max Payne 3 have the most recent way to tell us a excellent cinematographic story and a terrific graphics. This game will be remember as one of the better games in 2012. I know that this is no a GOTY (maybe), but is in the level of any good game in this year. Thanks Rockstar for this excellent game and thanksForget that guys that doesn't know appreciate different ways to present a game. Max Payne 3 have the most recent way to tell us a excellent cinematographic story and a terrific graphics. This game will be remember as one of the better games in 2012. I know that this is no a GOTY (maybe), but is in the level of any good game in this year. Thanks Rockstar for this excellent game and thanks Remedy for create Max Payne. Expand
  28. May 23, 2012
    I have waited for this game for quite a while. The first two games were some of my best experiences I had when I owned the original xbox. This game was not what I had envisioned but I was more than satisfied even though there are a few things I did not like. Max Payne feels more real this time around his personality shines through. At the end you get to see an angry and determined MaxI have waited for this game for quite a while. The first two games were some of my best experiences I had when I owned the original xbox. This game was not what I had envisioned but I was more than satisfied even though there are a few things I did not like. Max Payne feels more real this time around his personality shines through. At the end you get to see an angry and determined Max hell bent on bringing the Payne. The gameplay isn't bad but there are a few small minor bugs/issues/bad ideas that frustrated me. Max can now take cover behind obstacles but it isn't a responsive or swift transgression when you're in a very intense fire fight and you want to move around as quickly as possible. There are moments after a cut scene when Max will switch to a one handed weapon instead of the two handed you were holding. That irritated the hell out of me. The presentation is top notch and is quite possibly one of the best in the history of the xbox 360. Story is told so well that it becomes highly memorable more so than recent 'blockbuster' games. It does get slow having to watch the cut scenes over and over again when all you want to do is shoot baddies. The loading times are also brutal. I don't see much of the old Max Payne series in this game so I would count this as a re-visioned Max Payne and not the one for the first two games. All in all it's a good single player experience and the multiplayer is average not something to really get excited about. "It's Payneee!!!!!" -Max Payne 2 Expand
  29. May 20, 2012
    Brilliant game, Rockstar delivers once again. Game play is smooth and at it's finest. Euphoria engine should be in pretty much every game I know, Its beautiful. Can't wait to finish it and continue my journey to multiplayer mode, Which offers again something no other game has on-line, slow mo kills in real time. Holllaaaaa
  30. May 21, 2012
    Max Payne bring back memories, Max Payne 2 was one of my favorite games, I've been waiting for this game and hoped that it will not suck.
    what do you know, I was right, this game.. this game is god damn awsome.
    what do you know, I was right, this game.. this game is god damn awsome.
    the animation of Max really makes you feel like you are Max, the graphics are very good but there is some low detail graphics here and there I believe it is because of the limited power of the console and not the actual game.
    the gameplay is.. amazing, one of the best - if not the best gun play I've played. the enemies feels aware and the AI is changed based on what kind of enemy it is - oh and btw this game made me learn - flak jacket is one hell of protection.
    the sound and voice acting is very good, same old max, dark depressed and sarcastic.
    the multiplayer have lots to unlock and load of challenges to complete, the mods are fun to play and bursts make the game interesting.
    I will not spoil the story - I will end it here.
    this game is great, buy it, play it, have a lot of fun with it.
  31. May 15, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is Totally Awesome in every way.
    Max Payne 3 is Totally Awesome in every way.
    Now I was never a fan boy of this series way back in the XBOX/PS2 day's,but so far I'm loving everything this game has to offer.The single player is fun with great Voice acting and awesome gun play.the story does start off kinda boring, but after awhile Max Payne 3 is all out guns blazing balls to you're face action that doesn't hold you're hand.Ohh and let's talk about the multi-player *which is Totally AWSOME*there was allot of love put into the multi-player It's waaay to addicting and the lvl up system is a great addition to the none stop action on screen.If I could give this game a 9.75 I would But instead I'm giving Max Payne 3 a 9 out of 10.this is a contender for Game of the Year.

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 8, 2012
    A compelling, down and dirty bullet basket populated by real characters and visceral gunplay. [July 2012, p.55]
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The presentation is top-notch, the game feels like you want it to never end while you're playing it, and the multiplayer gives it longevity that will stick around for a good while.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 20, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a great action-movie experience with life-like characters that Rockstar is famous for. It does fall a bit flat on the actual action part, however. The controls on consoles are confusing and hard to get used to. Still very much worth a play-thru. It's also one of the best looking console games in the current generation. [June 2012]