5.4

1. Oct 23, 2012
    The singleplayer of this game is truly something of note. Warfighter, much like Medal of Honor 2010, is very much a character-driven story, touching on more than just the "Oorah" aspects of military life. As of about two hours into the campaign the game so far has been, indefinitely, the greatest campaign I've experience in a military shooter so far and displays a fair amount or range when it comes to mission variety. The gunplay is very, very weighty. Some of the most satisfying shooting I've experienced in a long while, at least as far as the more realistic shooters go, which is certainly what I would call this. Not to the point of true simulators, mind you, but it does ground itself to a much larger extent than you normally see in today's modern shooters. Anyway, I truly enjoy this game. While I was a bit hesitant when picking it up, mostly due to negative comments, I am happy with the purchase. I can't yet say whether or not the multiplayer holds up. I was pretty happy with what I saw from the beta, but that was just a small taste of what the game has to offer. With little knowledge as far as that goes, it wouldn't be fair for me to give any real comment on that element of the game. Expand
  2. Oct 23, 2012
    Amazing game The graphics blow me away with there astounding browns and shades of brown there is more brown in this game than any game before it.Also worth of note is the level design i only got frustrated 23 times during the four hour campaign.
  3. Oct 26, 2012
    This may not be a groundbreaking game, nor a Call of Duty killer, but it stills doesnt take away the fact that this is a solid game. The campaign is more of a character study rather than a balls to the wall action game. Its not trying to emulate another game but stay as authentic to what war is while still trying to be fun. This was its demise to most people, it wasnt a twitcher that you didnt have to think about. The story mattered, the cutscenes mattered, and with todays gamers, thats lost. If it is stimulated with an explained explosion or millions of lives in danger then it is written of as generic. This game is a solid title, but the expectations of it were its downfall, when you get the title "CoD killer" you are bound to fail. The graphics are on par and get the job done, nothing to write home about though, the gameplay is solid and works. Hit detection has almost no fault, multiplayer detection has some lag but that should be ironed out. The customization is in depth whether or not you cant customize your own class(create a class). The multiplayer game types are fast and frantic and have different game types, not much, but it keeps things fresh. The Fireteam is great addition to the game, and companies should blatantly ripoff, it works and keeps things balanced. The class system implemented in the game, even with its limitations on guns, is still balanced and fair. The point streaks are in no way overpowered.

This is solid game in its entirety, it has flaws but most games do. Its written of as generic because it doesnt tread far from the path, but the path it does take it is an interesting one, if your unsure about the game, rent it, try it out. This isnt a game for everyone, and the reviews show it. Thanks!
  4. Oct 24, 2012
    Let me say, I was one of the few people that enjoyed MOH 2010, I played the multiplayer a lot which seemed liked DICE's B-team developed (tried to ignore all the bugs and just enjoy it), but the singleplayer story was what shined the most for me in that game. Unlike games like BF3 and BFBC2 where the stories hold nothing to the multiplayer, I think the campaign definitely outshines the multiplayer in this title as well. If you enjoy a singleplayer that makes your character look more like a Bruce Willis in Die Hard, then stick with Call of Duty. This is a little more about the characters and the heart rather than walk-through-every-battle-a-super-hero. Nothing against COD, just not my cup of tea (except for you, precious COD 4). As for the MP, I think it's definitely an improvement over the last MOH, but it still can't hold a torch to games like Battlefield 3. Of course, it feels similar to BF3 in the gun handling, graphics, sound and lighting because of Frostbite 2.0, but, it's still different enough to not totally feel like the red headed step child of BF3. I say ignore some of the press reviews, most of those guys are cynical in their reviews and gave MOH 2010 a better review than this one which was definitely the inferior title of the two. I think this is a really great game, especially the campaign. I would give it a shot. Graphics - 9.0 (Cutscenes 10! Think Mass Effect type graphics)
    Sound - 9.0 Campaign - 9.0
    Multiplayer - 7.5
    Replay Value - 8.0
  5. Oct 26, 2012
    I've just sat down and *actually played* the game for a good period, online of course. I've yet to touch the single player but the multiplayer is an absolute blast - if you're going to buy it for the online side, just do it. Don't let these angry little cod fanboys who haven't actually touched the game influence you, it's a genuinely good game and well worth picking up if you can.
  6. Oct 24, 2012
    Definitely one of the best shooters I have played to date. I am very impressed. It's sad how many of the negative reviews on here have obviously never even touched the game.
  7. Oct 24, 2012
    I have to start by saying I'm not really understanding what all of the complaints are about. I played through the game beginning to end and and played over three hours of multiplayer and found only one problem. I found the story hard to follow due to the jumping around from week to week and I felt it would have been better for it to be day to day but hey, Can't beg I didn't make it. On the complimentary side I was very impressed with the vehicle missions and the stability and realism of the driving. The multiplayer I found flawless with the various gamemodes like hotspot, real ops, and home run along with the amazing weapon customization. Really fantastic game. Looking forward to DLC and even a sequel! Expand
  8. Oct 23, 2012
    This game is awesome, don't listen to the COD fanboys, campaign is fun, multiplayer is different. But bring different is good, it's better then have the same create a class used over and over again. The game will make you install a HD upgrade just like Battlefield 3. Multiplayer is also fast pace and not all the maps are sniper friendly. Overall the game is a new experience from the same old games that look the same every year! Expand
  9. Oct 23, 2012
    MoHA Warfighter has one of the best graphics ever seen on consoles. Coupled with great storyline and better multiplayer experience than CoD this is a must have.
  10. Oct 23, 2012
    Medal of honor warfighter may seem like another generic shooter in an all too crowded fps market these days but, after playing through the game I am very pleased. The campaign for medal of honor 2010 was decent but, the lackluster multiplayer left me wanting something more. With medal of honor warfighter developer danger close has given me one of the best medal of honors to date. The campaign for MOHW is short but, the story is much more realistic and heartfelt than any military shooter I have ever played. The shooting and gun mechanics are great and really give the guns weight, power, and a realistic feel. Many of the characters from MOH 2010 return for the sequel and you get to know those soldiers a lot better. Many of the missions have some awesome set piece moments and although the campaign is short, it feels just right. The multiplayer this time around was handled in house by developer danger close, instead of dice. The multiplayer is awesome and allows you to customize pretty much anything you can think of on your gun. The weighty shooting feeling is also in multiplayer and guns have recoil and some even overheat. All the character classes feel balanced and I like all the maps except maybe one. I can see myself playing this game a year from now there is so much to unlock and tweak in the multiplayer. If your looking for a more heartfelt, realistic military shooter that also has great multiplayer look no further than Medal of Honor Warfighter. I just want to add that Danger Close did a great job on this game and truly listened to fan feedback. Expand
  11. Oct 26, 2012
    This review is for multiplayer only because I feel like that's all any one cares about anymore. This simple and logical fact that people only care about MP can be seen as proof in the amount of work that went into it to make it distinct, fun, and it does have some original ideas. I love love love the buddy system because everyone in the Army knows you don't go anywhere or do anything without your "Battle Buddy" from basic training all the way to the sandbox. The game has a awesome amount of upgrades and the menus can be confusing at first but after you spend some time in there you will figure it out I promise! Also, the weapons feel so heavy and brutal and very responsive. I have really enjoyed the MP very much and I truly believe that the harsh reviews are unfair and in my experience I haven't had any bugs or glitches and I have been playing for two days now and love it. It is indeed a blend of COD and B3 with its own identity mixed in and to tell you the truth I don't understand why that's a bad thing!?!? It is another modern shooter and yes it is similar to other genre shooters but the gameplay alone and the responsiveness of the weapons alone make this game worth your time. I paid $60 for it and I don't regret it at all, and I'm not one of these trolls that have to justify my spending of $60 because I have a decent job and the money isn't the issue and I don't think we are being fair to MOH when we say it's a cookie cutter FPS because they all are nowadays. I feel what makes this game stand on its own foundation (besides the gorgeous graphics and fun MP and sweet sound effects) is that it has extremely well polished maneuverability in the MP and the buddy system makes it so much fun to work as a team similar to B3 but without the tanks, choppers and jets. It has that "close up" feel like COD but has the team based squad play like B3 which prevents camping and lone wolfs and THAT ALONE makes it worth every penny of the $60. At least rent it and try out the FREE 2 day trial online (thanks very much danger close that was very nice of you and I hope more developers use this tactic to get people hooked in a game) because with the free two day trial you can decide if it is for you or not and I believe you will fall in love with it like I have. And yes, once again, it is a blend of CoD and B3 but how is that negative I ask you? Enjoy the game and don't base your decision on some mean spirited and unprofessional reviews. I give it a 8/10 for the MP alone and I will update this review afte I complete the single player which I hope is as good as the last one! Trust me....just try out the free 2 day trial and at least rent it. You have nothing to lose and an awesome MP game to gain! Collapse Expand
  12. Oct 24, 2012
    Single Player is amazing and always and still better than COD! All of the COD Fanboys need to stop giving this game bad reviews. This was amazing Graphics & Sound effects brought to us by Frostbite 2. This was the first time playing a FPS and saying Holy Crap; this is intense. Pick this up and give it a try. Also, Multiplayer is very fun and I can see myself playing it long after I beat the campaign. Expand
  13. Oct 24, 2012
    Nice campaign a little short though.the multiplayer is unique, if you play this game as a call of duty moron yo will hatte it, this is all about team work and remain Side by side. If you do this youll love it. Graphics are great and the curscenes are allmost next gen.
  14. Oct 24, 2012
    Ok, here's my official review people. FIRST NOTE (INSTALL HD ELEMENTS TO HDD FOR BEST GFX)

Single Player
    I was a little weirded out when it started us with a normal scene then threw us into a training course. Why wouldn't they just have us do that first and lead us into the game. Some missions I found frustrating like being pinned down by fire and then killed with an RPG at point
    blank range. The check point system is also seemingly nonexistent and drives me nuts progressing far, being killed and retreating 3 battles back. The AI also slipped numerous times when he says "Ok lets keep things quiet" and he proceeds to shoot and miss they guy alerting the rest of the camp. Aside from the retardedness that is the AI the rest of the story is solid and the characters are engaging. Vehicle missions are sturdy and controls are typical of any racing game. Debris slows you down and mud lets your slip so its all about timing and control. VooDoo and Preacher return from 2010's MoH and are starting to show their humanity and depression from their active tours.

Multiplayer
    This is where the game finally shines. There are a variety of game modes but my most favorite is HotSpot, in this game mode there are 5 designated targets on the map selected randomly for demolition. One team has a time limit to defend it and the other has to plant a demo charge to destroy it. If its defended then it moves onto the next target and the defenders win a round, same if the attackers destroy the target they win the round and best of 3 out of 5 wins. There is one thing that bothers me the most and I found myself doing it last night to power rank my gun was that spawns are predictable and you can stand behind them with a sniper and pick them off as soon as they spawn. The spawn areas are so wide open that you can hide far behind then enemy team without them noticing you and they will always spawn and lye down thinking they can get cover. A simple fix for this wold be to award no points for spawn area kills or have it be a kill area for enemies like BF3. Now the gameplay is extremely fast, similar to that of the call of duty series but has a bit of strategy using each player ability to its potential. I team up with a friend, me as Spec Ops and himself as SFOD-D Pointman. Pointmen can use heavy hitter ammo to take down most targets fast and spec ops are more agile and fast on the field. Its a great combo to use.

In the end with the problems aside and the patches I foresee in the upcoming weeks I give this game a solid... 9.5/10

Story 9.0
    GFX 10
    Sound 9.5
    Control 9.7
  15. Oct 25, 2012
    This is Why Game Companies Need to Have FREE Demo Available that include timed Campaign and Multiplayer. Let people make their own Decisions based on what they Like. Is the Game Playable: Yes Was the Game Fun : That is An Opinion Statement Boring : That is An Opinion Statement Graphics: Graphics without Texture Pack installed - just OK, felt out of date. With Texture Pack Installed, Wonderful. The Explosions, lighting add to the feel of this game feeling like I'm In real places.

Sound: You can tell the type of weapon being fired by its sound. Battlefield sounds are very believable. The sound was believable as if I was in a gunfight or war. Is the surround sound up to par. I will say it YES!!! I was able to do a full 360 turn and could tell what was to my east, west or south! I am Using Turtle Beach, X42 Surround Sound Head Set,

Is it True to It's Genre: Yes!

Is it better then the Last Medal of Honor - In my opinion, Yes Graphics, Sound, Campaign, Multiplayer, Stability. Of course it depends on what you liked or disliked about the Original.

Is the Campaign Short or Long. I would Say on the Short Side, But is it Action Packed and Good for this type of Genre? But, since it has Multiplayer, I guess this value would be based on what you desire most, a long Single Player or Great Never Ending Multiplayer.

The first day -Multiplayer at Midnight Release, was horrible. But, all the problems I Suffered the first two Days, are now Gone. (Especially the long Origin Log In Times!)

In Multiplayer I had a match last night, (I am retired Military, USMC and USArmy) that played out like a real operation (Combat Mission). Surpressive fire while my team mates set the explosive, flash bang the room, then ran in and cleared it. I personally enjoyed it.

The weapon selection, awesome. The Character Selection, Awesome. (If you find the weapon unlock system confusing, then that does not speak much for your mentality). Now I do find the weapon and character selection system tedious, it could have been streamlined to take less clicks.

You even unlock things in Single player, like how you can breach - based on head shots you accumulate from prior breaches!

If you just want it for death match, then you will find Death Match because Death Match is Death Match! Just new places, new weapons, new characters! Think about it, that is all DLC is for this Genre!

Example how "Professional Raters" can ruin the true Value of a Game: A Particular Critic / Reviewer Stated;

RATING OUT OF 5

Graphics 4.8
    Control (Gameplay) 4.5
    Music / Sound FX / Voice Acting 4.3
    Play Value 2.0
    Overall Rating 2.7

Come on : Play Value is a Total Personal Opinion, Yet it brings this Game down to a 2.7 Out of 5. Yet, look at the other 4 Ratings... Funny!

Reviewer Says: "Firing a gun feels satisfying, headshots have a zip to them that even Call of Duty lacks" yet also says, "Does Nothing New They Say:", This game adds as much new as a Call of Duty or Black Ops or Battlefield 3. New Maps, New Story, New Weapons, New Classes. Come On, It's based on - "New" World Events and Places. Is It Unique : Really, what today is, including music and the movies. If it was unique it would have to create a new Genre! Is it different - yes, it even feels different and plays different from the Last MOH.

The Reviewer Said:
    Save Your Hard Earned Money for Something Better, that is unique and not boring? Hmm, what do you recommend? Call Of Duty 13 , Battlefield 23, Brink 4, Asssasin's Creed 8.... How can they be uniqe, they are sequels, and they are in a genre that already exists! Stick to Facts!

Reviewers are so misleading gamers that rely on reviews to make their gaming decision when they can't afford but so many games a year. Reviewers, stop misleading just because you had problems or didn't like the game. State what you didn't like, even state what did not work for you, but don't lie in order to discourage.

I have decided to record some gameplay and post it to show how great this game is. Make your own opinion, or rent it... I Would have given it an 8.5, but to make up for the people giving it a bad rating, I boosted it to a 10, just to bring up the average to something deserving!
  16. Oct 26, 2012
    You should disregard what the gaming press has to say about Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I've been playing it and having a blast. My opinion is that most of the gaming press (a) hates first-person shooters; and (b) military-themed first-person shooters most of all. They were lying in wait and ready to pounce on this game the moment it came out. Remember what the movie critics did to "John Carter"? Same thing: great, fun product that somehow stumbled into the crosshairs of people with venom to spare. Expand
  17. Oct 28, 2012
    MOH Warfighter is a nice shooter with good graphics and lots of customisations that can make the game experience cooler every time with a nu configuration of customisations but it doesent have a good story like bf3 of cod mw3 and that ruins a little bit the game experience because you found yourself playing one day and you ask yourself why do y need to fight with the other team? i dont really have a reson ( like ww3 or russian vs american war ) Expand
  18. Oct 27, 2012
    This game has destruction...real gun names and sounds....frostbite engine...aswell as some clever class makeups. Best part is every soldier no matter what country you choose to play as...has different guns and setups. Very interesting. The killstreak rewards are hardenough to earn that it doest ruin the game(as cod/mw3) has done. Itd a great game where you are really rewarded for playing with your fireteam partner. This fact alone is most likely the reason why all the low scores have come in for this great game.....its because cod has destroyed true multiplayer online gaming. No such thing as team work in any game except BF3 and MOHW. I have no doubt this is a huge factor in the low scores.
    Campaign is very fun and engaging..but a bit short.
  19. Oct 27, 2012
    We here at GaminGuys.com are typical Xbox 360 users primarily, and MOH Warfighter goes against the grain from most FPS's we come across. If EA were to make one game better than Battlefield 3, it should be this game.

We think that the second you put a game against the C.O.D series you are doomed to fail in a big way, which is why the MOH trilogy is so exciting. It doesn't actually stand
    against any other game, it's the best of Battlefield running it's own course, the black sheep of FPS if you will.

We are hooked on every release of this game and the fact it's the rebel of the EA family, gives us cause to play it. We love everything about this game even the slightly glitchy movements of the character on campaign. It's Medal Of Honor People. Come on!
  20. Oct 27, 2012
    First of all. This does not feel like a finished product, the single player campaing is too short and goes on tracks. BUT the MP has a huge amount of potential. If just DG would give a new patch to repair the remaing bugs this would be my FPS to go. Im giving it a 10 just be course there is a lot of negativity towards it. Normally I would give it a 8.
  21. Oct 27, 2012
    This I found to be a spectacular game I could not believe the assortment of characters in it. I was a Gingerbread man running around weilding a ray gun blasting my way through a bunch of fishbowl headed men. My personal favorite character was the man pretending to be a robot with a cardboard box on his head. The story was very intense they used extreme creativity when they explain time and paradoxes. The game had my heart racing and I couldnt keep up with the intense action of grabbing the case and running it to the extraction point. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who loves the Medal of Honor series. Expand
  22. Oct 27, 2012
    Fantastic game. It's not COD and you can't run around like a chicken with his head cut off, which is what I believe most people find disagreeable with the game. Firstly, basing this MOH of the previous MOH is a bad idea. The majority of reviewers and players already made up their mind about this game long before it was even released by simply remembering how much they loathed the 2010 version. I urge people not to do that. Everything terrible in that game has been removed here. The vast variety of weapons and characters is simply amazing; the ease of playing with friends is top of the line. Even if I'm not in the same fireteam as my friends I am on the same side, which is something many of the larger title games need to look at. Does it have issues? Of course. Find me a single game that doesn't at launch and I'll eat my own hat. But in my honest opinion the great things in this game far outweigh the bad. Keep your head up, don't get tunnel vision, and please oh please, don't play it like COD; if you do, you'll end up dying alot and then come here and write a terrible review telling people how horrible the hit detection is, how overpowered the guns are and how you can't believe EA would publish such garbage. Expand
  23. Oct 27, 2012
    What most gamers seem to forget is the true purpose of gaming. We play these games to have a good time, to enjoy ourselves. What this game offers in both the single player and multiplayer is enough to keep me satisfied and to make me happy that I spent £40 on it. Medal of Honor Warfighter has an amazingly fast-paced campaign, filled with drama and suspense. It has its technical bugs but most games do nowadays. The multiplayer is fun, there is loads of customization options and the general gameplay offers the same entertainment as any other successful first person shooter out there. It's fast paced, requires the use of tactics, battle buddies are vital to your victory and doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage over the other players. I gave this game a rating of 10/10 even though I've ignored the minor glitches because this game deserves a 10/10, its a must-buy! Expand
  24. Oct 27, 2012
    I can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't like Medal of Honor Warfighter I haven't played campaign but regardless if campaign is absolutely terrible this game still deserves a 10.0 I have not experiences any lag in this game it is a pick up and play type of game and once you get into it you will realize the multiplayer is great and there are no broken classes or killstreaks except for people think ballistic armor and signal armor are overpowered however i would say they aren't i don't use them but i barely get killed by them and still end up going at least 20-10 in tdm so with that said i would say there are no overpowered things and the bullet ballistics are great and the game may even be to realistic for some if I had to rate the game I would say Multiplay 10 Gameplay 9 Sound 10 Graphics 9 Servers 10 Innovation 8 Realism 9.5 Customization 9 Campaign N/A Now those would be my ratings I understand that they don't let you create classes but they have more guns then any Call of Duty and more attachments and Paint Jobs also with that said they have different people you can choose from to be I love what they did with the fireteam and the in game platoons was a great idea there are five game modes with the additional option of hardcore for every mode and 8 maps which they have already announced more they have 20 people to a server in everything but home run still without lag and and you can customize your classes midgame so for someone who likes multiplayer and really nothing else I would highly recommend this game and i would say this games overall rating is a 10 thanks for your time Expand
  25. Oct 27, 2012
    Multiplayer is solid and very fun. The buddy system is the best thing ever invented for teamplay, gives a unique style. The campaign has several real missions, one example is the rescue of Captain Richard Phillips in 2009. Some may find it hard to play more tactically, but once learned is fantastic.
  26. Oct 30, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bashing of this game by both the users or the critics. I only feel compelled to write this review because I feel the game is being grossly misrepresented as I have been having more fun than I ever had since BF3 and even prefer it to BLOPS. For the record I am a long time fan of both this series and COD and played all CODS (with the exception of MW3) dating back to when COD still was actually about real wars. I played the last MOH but forgot all about it when BLOPS was released.

Is this game perfect? No. However it differentiates itself from the competition and executes far more right than it does wrong. This game appeals to the type of FPS fan that prefers to get their kills themselves rather than having a bot do it for them. If you are playing this to see something never before seen in gaming then you will be disappointed because that is not its intent. If having tons of real world customizable weapons, excellent character animations and visceral fire fights sounds appealing then pick this up. Two issues people seem most legitimately upset about are the menus and glitches. There are glitches but I cannot recall one of these games that did not have glitches upon release and I have already seen most issues that existed day one resolved. The menus are not broken., just different. I did not like them at first but once acclimated they were fine and since there is so much more you can do in the way of customization their manifold nature is understandable.

MOH appeals to certain sensibilities that , according to the other reviews, are not valued by most. More Michael Mann than Jerry Bruckheimer, this game is not for everyone but if it fits your palette you are in for a deliciously satisfying meal.
  27. Oct 28, 2012
    First off I'd like to say this game is awesome despite the bad reviews ign and g4 gave it. Most people now a days play games for there online multiplayer and that's just what this game is. This games multiplayer offers some challenge and strategy unlike Call of Duty. If your a battlefield fan then you'll love it. The buddy system is a great addition to this game and it makes it an all around great game. This game was a huge step up from the first one and if you expect to win a game then you have to be a team-player and know how to support your team. This game is one of the best war games I've played in a long time and I highly recommend it. Other games that I play that might help you with knowing what my type of good war games is is Battlefield 3 Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2 Battlefield Company 1&2 and Battlefield 1943. Hopefully I was able to persuade you to buy so go get it and I'll see you on the battlefield. Expand
  28. Oct 29, 2012
    Had to post after reading widespread panning by critics. The game is good, but in dire need of some patching. the gameplay is a good balance between the arcade style of CoD and the realism of BF3 with a truly unique multiplayer setup.
  29. Oct 30, 2012
    I have only played multiplayer, as that is all I care about.

GRAPHICS: Quality is improved from MOH2010. The real difference is the increase in contrast and strong colors that really pop out.
    MAPS: Map design is very creative and unique. Some levels are a little dark, but overall positive. Downside, some maps should allow for more players. What made MOHAA epic was that the maps made
    the player feel like they were in an actual war zone.
    USER INTERFACE: Clunky. Aesthetically, it was simple but merits no complaints. Layout/design, it is frustrating to easily find the information you want. Example: Figuring out how far away you are from unlocking a scope is not clear and obvious. You have to hunt for it, and even when you find it, the progress bar has no clear end. It's the edge of the screen? There needs to be a sense of urgency.
    WEAPONS: Weapon choice and customization is great! Again, the unlocking structure needs to be revamped. Lot's of ways to paint your weapon, customize load-outs, etc.
    GAMEPLAY: Controls are almost identical to the last MOH. It does feel quite a bit like BF3 when running and shooting - this can be a positive or negative.
  30. Oct 30, 2012
    Amazing game, campaign is full of great action moments, the breaching is great where you chose and unlock different breaching methods, the story is fantastic too especially as it adds in the back story of their families etc, something that COD does not even look at. Insane graphics, cut scenes and also the driving missions are awesome too! Mutiplayer is good, fireteams adds a lot to the game and makes it easier to get straight back into the action aswell as good graphics and so on and so forth.
    Basically buy this game is you like action games or even action films :))
  31. Jan 15, 2013
    I am very upset at the negative reviews that this marvelous team game is receiving. I am very scared of the future of gaming because if it's not call of duty.. It's not getting a good review. Or record breaking sales. This game requires actual teamwork during its multiplayer matches. Unlike most of the shooters that are released these days. This games realistic teamwork tips its cap to games like socom, America's army, mag for ps3, and with the design matching todays gorgeous shooters like cod and it's older brother battlefield 3. This games score should be coming in at around the 8-8.5 range.. Because if you are looking for different than the typical brainless shooters that are being made as we speak.. (cod, same thing every year and gets hailed as a great new adventure each time, bs!) check this game out. You'll thank me later. Promise. Expand
  32. Nov 1, 2012
    It is a pretty good game i haven't seen any bug and the mp is great fun. Maps are cool but if someoneee controlls the spawnoints it is difficult to win.
  33. Oct 31, 2012
    Personally i think medal of honor warfighter, while plagued with a hand full of launch glitches, still manages to entertain, while looking beautiful doing it. Is it a game changer when it comes to the tier 1 shooters out there.... No not at all. But the new installment of the series by no means disappoints. The multi-player is pretty responsive and the maps look great, however very bland would be the adjective i would use to some up some of its layout and design. No matter how u look at it, this is a game that will either bring joy or frustration to a player. Collapse
  34. Oct 31, 2012
    Professional critics simply made their minds up on this title before they even played it. They hate FPS games and their negative reviews have more to do with an agenda than an honest review of this product in my opinion. I've played hours and hours of multi-player and this game is a blast! I love it! It is different, it is unique, it is really fun. Way more tactical than COD. The slew of negativity from reviewers seems unfounded and rooted in a preconceived bias. Wait a few weeks and watch them all go gushy fawning over COD Black ops 2. That's what this is all about. MOHW is a game for FPS fans who take their games seriously, not for quick-scoping 14-year-olds. User reviews here are so polarized - people either love it or hate it, that tells me its a diamond in the rough that people with limited attention spans simply haven't given the time it takes to appreciate its beauty. Expand
  35. Nov 2, 2012
    I think this game is aweosome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  36. Nov 5, 2012
    the game is Awesome short campaign put it has some frustrating moments i am giving it a 10 the maultiplayer is good and challenging and the features the options 4 breaching the door is good
  37. Dec 21, 2012
    I mainly played this for the campaign - if you are mainly in it for the campaign, then this game is awesome. Some of the missions are based on real life special ops missions that have taken place, and if you finish the story you will really appreciate the game that much more. I'm not much for playing online in shooters like this, but I did try it for a few hours and it was ok online too. You seem to be able to upgrade weapons and gear pretty quickly if you're half decent. Expand
  38. Nov 17, 2012
    I'm mostly going to talk about the multiplayer. The single player was fun but the AI is completely stupid and worthless. It's a pop and shoot gallery where you MUST wait to follow your squad captain or you'll be punished and killed almost instantly. But the multiplayer is where this game really shines for me. It sits in a perfect place between the fast combat of COD and the tactics of BF3. The fireteam system is really really great. Also the peak and lean, run and slide mechanics are truly awesome. When I play other FPS games now, I always try to peak and lean and get ammo from a buddy, but it never works. These couple things really make the game great. There are still some bugs, but I'm confident they will be fixed as a lot have been already. It's really a fun game and I would suggest it to anyone who wants a more tactical team based multiplayer experience. Expand
  39. Nov 25, 2012
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is a great game that runs off of Battlefield 3's realistic Frostbite 2 engine and is a direct sequel to Medal of Honor. Set in Modern day Medal of Honor Warfighter shows off the hard work tier 1 operators participate in to keep us free. Campaign plot: Preacher is a tier 1 operative who has been to hell and back in order to protect his country yet his wife wants to seperate from him because he does not reveal important war information to her, and is gone most of the time. Preacher recalls the events in which he has been through while his wife makes him feel depressed. Multiplayer: Each team is made up of Warfighters, men of different nationalities who have trademark skill in their respective weapons and tactics. Warfare is realistic and addicting as each team of Warfighters fight for victory. My opinion: I believe this is a great game despite what the majority of the community thinks. If you liked Battlefield 3 you will like this otherwise you are a hater. There is nothing wrong with this game as well it looks and plays amazing and will pump adrenaline throughout you. Expand
  40. Dec 1, 2012
    Very nice game, far more realistc than other fps games, better sound, very good graphics, weapons costumization is a very nice adittion and the firetam buddy system works very fine.
  41. Mar 8, 2013
    I've played just about 1st and 3rd person shooter on the xbox market and I have to say (regardless of what others say) that this is a fun game. Important note I am only critiquing the single-player campaign, not the multiplayer. Does it have the top notch graphics No. Does it do anything different that another shoot hasn't already done No. Does the story sort of suck Yes. But for the $30 I payed, it kept me fully entertained and I don't feel like I got gyped. I remember playing every Medal of Honor game that came out for the PC, enjoying each one of them. Of course once I complete the single-player campaign, this'll probably sit with my other games gathering dust. But I bought this game knowing not to expect something other than a first person shooter which has you completing different levels with a few tricks here and there. I figured I could've spent my $30 on a movie or something else but I wanted something which would keep me engrossed for a few days and so far I've been playing this for the last couple of weeks. If you compare this game against other first shooters, you'll probably give this game a low score. But if you compare this game on the basis of entertainment regardless of the cheeky story, it's not bad. It's some of the same old 1st person shooter stuff but you can see the effort that went into it to make it a little more than average than the typical shooter. I'm glad I spent the money on this one mainly for the entertainment it's given me so far. Besides, there are some really cool parts in it. I've been disappointed by a lot of other 1st person shooters but this is not one of them. I wouldn't pay over $30 for it but I'm glad I got it. Expand
  42. Dec 30, 2012
    By far one of the best shooters out. Not really a black ops guy. The frostbite system kills it. The graphics are amazing as we'll as the guns and story line. Just wish it had a longer campaign.
  43. Aug 24, 2013
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is the best; first person shooter of 2012. Rather than the game being a redone or cliff-hanger story-it is based of real events on the war against terror. The story is more emotionally engaging than many other shooters; a realistic relationship between a Navy SEAL who is always on mission and his wife who wants him to be at home instead of fighting. The game fells a lot like the movie; Act of Valor-in its best parts. The graphics and details are gorgeous, with the audio and voice acting adding extra love into the game. The set-pieces feel important and there won't be many "Wish I was playing in that skybox" moments. The action is paced well; stealth, assault, turret an vehicle sections have great impact on sense of place and urgency. The controls are precise and responsive and three features that are great are-asking allies for ammo, sliding and leaning; adding a more in-depth experience. The campaign lasts a fair while and the multiplayer continues the fun. The online game feels more like Counter-Strike than COD or Battlefield and the great controls, along with a streamlined buddy system and different real world soldiers that operate differently add extra touches. If that wasn't enough-you can access the Battlefield 4 demo. Medal of Honor Warfighter isn't getting the best reviews, but that's only due to COD and Halo; in truth; Medal of Honor is an engrossing experience-Buy or regret. Expand
  44. Feb 12, 2014
    gamingtrend: are you f**king kidding me (piss poor planning) how about this you can eat a Di(K this game is awesome if you stupid F**K's took the time to rate the name much less the game. Well im sure you and your team went into depth with the C-O-D well the name at least did you even pick up the controller or did you just read the cover "piss poor" its stupid F**K's like you that made this game seam something its not. Expand
  45. Oct 31, 2012

1. Dec 18, 2012
    Decidedly 'meh.' [Jan 2013, p.64]
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    Bland, glitchy, linear to a fault and hopelessly redundant. You could go your whole life without playing this and not miss anything. [Jan 2013, p.72]
    Okay in short bursts, but there's no reason to play single-player. A huge missed opportunity on EA's part and another year it won't be taking COD's crown. [Issue#92, p.78]