Medal of Honor: Warfighter Xbox 360

5.4

1. Oct 4, 2016
    Wow, I just don't understand where the criticism against this game came from... this game is mind blowing! It's 10/5/2016 and it's still kicking ass.

Sure, there may be some minor issues which show up in details (the same as any other game in this genre- some sort of spawn issue in multiplayer etc) but this game, and what it was clearly aiming to do, blow half of the rest of the market out of the water and top pretty much everything else to boot.

(Obviously all are different games, but here referencing say the entire COD, Battlefield, Counterstrike series and half dozen others) This is what I was hoping Black Ops 3 was going to be.

I don't get where some of these review people are coming from unless they are just plain bought.

It's like the IGN review just had no goal other than to forget all the crap they let through on 9's while trying to crack any flaw in MOH- and I mean I have seen some REAL crap get 9's.

The worst of idiotic games for elementary kids come out and they criticize nothing, then MOH: Warfighter gets nitpicked for any detail.

I just watched the interview between Greg Goodrich and Tom McShea of Gamespot. It gets right down to the issue of game modes in general. Obviously people want to play death matches and there isn't much of another way to do that. If bullets are realistic, you are only going to take a few. If you die , then the game is over if you don't re-spawn. Another option is to not do death matches and instead make everything large scale and objective based, which is fine, but gets right back to people wanting to play army to test out guns. So what is the point? It's that Medal of Honor from 2010 and this one from 2012 are still top of the line. Everyone into this genre should own a copy of this and Medal of Honor from 2010.

So where is the online player base now?

It looks like these reviewers have had a devastating effect. I'll set up private if I have to... This game rocks! I had no idea they had taken the series up this level.

---> Stunning graphics, realistic physics, pounding in your face audio, and an awesome story written by real military people.
  2. Sep 18, 2016
    Medal Of Honor Warfighter is the worst video game I have ever played.

The gameplay sucks,with unoriginal,generic shooting,game-breaking bugs,glitches and framerate issues everywhere. Story is typical 'America saves world' bullsh*t.The game is filled with racism aswell,which is disgusting. Graphics are sh*t,and like I said,framerate issues. Game is also 3 hours long,which you
    Medal Of Honor Warfighter is the worst video game I have ever played.

Graphics are sh*t,and like I said,framerate issues.

Game is also 3 hours long,which you could probably count as a positive as the game is so bad.

Medal Of Honor Warfighter is a legendarily bad FPS,and the worst game I have ever played on the 360.
  3. Sep 9, 2015
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter demonstrates everything wrong with modern-day first-person shooters. It's got it all. Dull aesthetics, forgettable story, and new and improved RACISM. Somehow I expected more from EA. Oh wait, no I didn't.

Where to start? The story is not only the standard generic 'shoot everyone who isn't white' trend followed by many other games in the genre, but it's hard to tell what the hell is going on. There's so many flashbacks, and the game makes it incredibly difficult to tell who the protagonist is, or if there's more than one. The first mission (after the intro and a cutscene) starts off with making you shooting a brown person. Who? How? Where? When? Seriously, it's impossible to move the cursor away from the guy's head. Later on you face a building filled with infinitely respawning bad guys, and you HAVE to blow it up with a missile. You can't even run ahead, if you do YOU DIE. Oh yeah, all the missions have invisible walls everywhere, they didn't even bother to cover them up with debris or terrain like other first-person shooters.

The gameplay is horrible. The guns fell weak and are weak, and it's hard to see where the enemies are most of the time. It's as linear as arse, and gets incredibly dull within the first few minutes. The pre-rendered cutscenes even look disgraceful. The movement is clunky and running into walls is something you'll experience a lot. The 'innovative' aiming mechanic is irritating and stupid. It's really hard to find anything above-average about this game. You could say that it's a mindless first-person shooter to wind down to, but I only got stressed from the horrible gameplay and ugly design.

This game is utterly, completely, never-endingly boring, rubbish and over-all a poor addition to a worn out genre. 3/10 is me being generous.
  4. May 10, 2015
    This is a rather poor game and not really worth buying

PROS
    -Good graphics
    -Easy controls
    -ok campaign

CONS
    -Disastrous multiplayer
    -Hard to handle unrealistic gunplay.
  5. May 6, 2014
    Great game, but still lacks something that i cant quite put my finger on. Great controls and game play, and has a unique flavor to it that doesn't make it feel too much like a COD game. But even with all that, it still is one of those games that make you say meh.
  6. Apr 24, 2014
    Amazing game with graphics that blew me away. The game includes an awesome campaign that had stunning graphics and fun game play. I don't understand the hate on this game; I think it's AWESOME!
  7. Feb 27, 2014
    campaign only review - medal of honor does a number of things right but there is nothing ground breaking that makes this game a standout against the saturated market of FPS games that are available on 360/ps3. The story is uninspired and is the typical military problems and how it impacts solidiers and while this does sound important and make you feel bad for the troops that are involvedcampaign only review - medal of honor does a number of things right but there is nothing ground breaking that makes this game a standout against the saturated market of FPS games that are available on 360/ps3. The story is uninspired and is the typical military problems and how it impacts solidiers and while this does sound important and make you feel bad for the troops that are involved in harrowing war stories - it is hard to feel sympathy for guys who mow through hundreds and hundreds of enemies in each levels throughout this short campaign. i was able to be the campaign on normal in about 7 hours without any trouble. I thought the levels were all in fairly typical locations and followed the same paths that i have played many times before - follow down this corridor killing everyone in windows, mount the MG, kill all these dumb soldiers who pop their heads out or run out of cover for no reason, breach and clear this room and escort this guy here. the game doesn't do anything that we haven't seen before.

What is great about this game though is that it looks fantastic. the graphics are great, the weather effects are really outstanding, the environments stand out, the character models and the animations by the soldiers all react fluently and allow for the gameplay to be solid. the reload animations and the weapons look great and react like guns, they have recoil and feel powerful. The sound and the score of this game are also really great. the music in places has dramatic effects and adds to the immersion and the guns sound loud and mean. it adds to the experience and with good surround sound/gaming headset it makes playing this game bearable. despite all the flaws in the game it is still a decent shooter if you are not expecting something to wow you like call of duty 4/battlefield bad company 2
  8. Feb 21, 2014
    I picked up this game pretty cheap and whilst we expect a lot from these AAA titles I don't feel like a company forking out more cash and man power on a project by any means should allow us to be more critical of it than we would of a smaller budget game. I found the visuals to be on par with any of the best shooters out now, I found the storyline was made engaging by the more personalI picked up this game pretty cheap and whilst we expect a lot from these AAA titles I don't feel like a company forking out more cash and man power on a project by any means should allow us to be more critical of it than we would of a smaller budget game. I found the visuals to be on par with any of the best shooters out now, I found the storyline was made engaging by the more personal aspects which were featured and I found it altogether an enjoyable experience.

I did not play the multiplayer and I could understand someone being upset with the length of the single player if they had paid full price for the game. I found the tilt mechanic excellent and think it would be a welcome addition to any FPS. If you like first person shooters and can get it cheap I think it is well worthwhile giving it a whirl.
  9. Feb 12, 2014
    gamingtrend: are you f**king kidding me (piss poor planning) how about this you can eat a Di(K this game is awesome if you stupid F**K's took the time to rate the name much less the game. Well im sure you and your team went into depth with the C-O-D well the name at least did you even pick up the controller or did you just read the cover "piss poor" its stupid F**K's like you that madegamingtrend: are you f**king kidding me (piss poor planning) how about this you can eat a Di(K this game is awesome if you stupid F**K's took the time to rate the name much less the game. Well im sure you and your team went into depth with the C-O-D well the name at least did you even pick up the controller or did you just read the cover "piss poor" its stupid F**K's like you that made this game seam something its not. Expand
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    This game was decent but if I would have seen or played demo I would of passed it up. There was nothing really interesting about this game except the facts of it being realistic and not fake like most games.
  11. Nov 11, 2013
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter is what I consider a under-rated game in my eyes. The plot is one of the more better fps stores out there sense their based on real mission in the army. It also has some with it as well, the campaign would take to three to four hours to complete making it feel short and forgettable. The characters aren't that great and forgettable expect Preacher the mainMedal of Honor: Warfighter is what I consider a under-rated game in my eyes. The plot is one of the more better fps stores out there sense their based on real mission in the army. It also has some with it as well, the campaign would take to three to four hours to complete making it feel short and forgettable. The characters aren't that great and forgettable expect Preacher the main character who you play as thought the game including Stump and let me just say almost every character has big bushy breads. The multiplayer is like a combination of Battlefield and Call of Duty multiplayer, it has that Call of Duty style maps. There are six different classes to choose from and there are hundreds of combination for each weapons like sniper rifles, assault rifles, smgs, lmgs, and the classic shotguns. The controls are well done and has different controls layout like Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield style controls. But there are flaws in the game itself. The looks good for a Xbox 360, but the models look rough and blocky like Battlefield 3 on the Xbox. The frame rate can slow down at time and extremely liner and the multiplayer community is small and the multiplayer has one major problem a match would not run if you don't have a dlc pack like in COD: World at War. Medal of Honor series is having a rouge start with the modern style look. Hope EA does not decide to make the series I mess. Expand
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is that game where you just can't decide if you like it or not, the level design is even more linear than CoD, and it holds nothing that makes it a good shooter, although I love the well directed cutscenes, but the story isn't that good, the voice acting is very well done as well, but some parts in the game do look very gritty there are other parts that make youMedal of Honor Warfighter is that game where you just can't decide if you like it or not, the level design is even more linear than CoD, and it holds nothing that makes it a good shooter, although I love the well directed cutscenes, but the story isn't that good, the voice acting is very well done as well, but some parts in the game do look very gritty there are other parts that make you think otherwise.
    Over all this game could've been something but failed, I would just recommend watching a walkthrough if you're desperate to play it.
  13. Sep 24, 2013
    Grafikk: 8
    Lyd: 8
    Gameplay: 6 Varighet: 5 Online: Ikke prøvd Positive: Bra lyd fra våpene i spillet, god grafikk, cover-system som fungerer, føles realistisk Negative: Uinteressant historie, bringer ikke noe nytt til sjangeren, en del bugs, dårlig AI. Kort summert: Hadde forventninger til dette Warfighter, men dessverre ble jeg skuffet. Warfighter er ikke direkte dårlig,
    Grafikk: 8
    Lyd: 8
    Gameplay: 6
    Varighet: 5
    Online: Ikke prøvd

Kort summert:
    Hadde forventninger til dette Warfighter, men dessverre ble jeg skuffet. Warfighter er ikke direkte dårlig, men med en forvirrende historiedel, dumme medsoldater og småbugs over hele linja gjør dette til en skuffelse.
  14. Aug 24, 2013
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is the best; first person shooter of 2012. Rather than the game being a redone or cliff-hanger story-it is based of real events on the war against terror. The story is more emotionally engaging than many other shooters; a realistic relationship between a Navy SEAL who is always on mission and his wife who wants him to be at home instead of fighting. The game fellsMedal of Honor Warfighter is the best; first person shooter of 2012. Rather than the game being a redone or cliff-hanger story-it is based of real events on the war against terror. The story is more emotionally engaging than many other shooters; a realistic relationship between a Navy SEAL who is always on mission and his wife who wants him to be at home instead of fighting. The game fells a lot like the movie; Act of Valor-in its best parts. The graphics and details are gorgeous, with the audio and voice acting adding extra love into the game. The set-pieces feel important and there won't be many "Wish I was playing in that skybox" moments. The action is paced well; stealth, assault, turret an vehicle sections have great impact on sense of place and urgency. The controls are precise and responsive and three features that are great are-asking allies for ammo, sliding and leaning; adding a more in-depth experience. The campaign lasts a fair while and the multiplayer continues the fun. The online game feels more like Counter-Strike than COD or Battlefield and the great controls, along with a streamlined buddy system and different real world soldiers that operate differently add extra touches. If that wasn't enough-you can access the Battlefield 4 demo. Medal of Honor Warfighter isn't getting the best reviews, but that's only due to COD and Halo; in truth; Medal of Honor is an engrossing experience-Buy or regret. Expand
  15. Aug 1, 2013
    Modern shooters nowadays have seemingly gotten a big spoon of gravel and ate it like corn flakes to show a gritty and dusty real world view of real life on a battlefield. Medal of Honor Warfighter ate quite a big bowl of it this too... and then got a tummy ache. Medal of Honor Warfighter is a sequel to Medal of Honor 2010, where it has received a massive graphic overhaul and a much moreModern shooters nowadays have seemingly gotten a big spoon of gravel and ate it like corn flakes to show a gritty and dusty real world view of real life on a battlefield. Medal of Honor Warfighter ate quite a big bowl of it this too... and then got a tummy ache. Medal of Honor Warfighter is a sequel to Medal of Honor 2010, where it has received a massive graphic overhaul and a much more chaotic and overwhelming gameplay.

The game's story takes place several months or so after Medal of Honor 2010 where a group of terrorist plan more attacks on western world and it's up to you and your teammates to hunt them down and restore the piece. And that's all to say about it, as you go through missions just to hunt people down and shoot terrorist. Very generic and dull.

Multiplayer on the other hand is much more then it once was. As firefights get chaotic but rely on teamwork and a good aim to win. Teammates can heal and resupply you when ever you need it, allowing a single team of two to overcome other odds. Weapon customization is a luxury, as you must grind through levels to unlock attachments and new variety of guns.

Play this game for multiplayer, and you'll get every benefit you paid for.
  16. Jul 21, 2013
    First, let me start by saying that the graphics in this game are incredible as always, but that is one of only few positive notes about the latest installment of the MoH series.

Campaign 6/10 very confusing and difficult to follow in the beginning, but the end explained most of it UI/HUD/Interface 5/10 the peek and lean is good in theory, but not in practice. Also, players are

UI/HUD/Interface 5/10 the peek and lean is good in theory, but not in practice. Also, players are stuck with the M4/M16 platform in singleplayer
    Graphics and IGE 10/10 stunning!
    Multiplayer 3/10 a Call of duty MW2/3 style of play in a BF/MoH frostbite engine. Overall it was not a good mix, but maps were interesting and multi-dimensional
  17. Jun 18, 2013
    Even though the game offered very little difference in terms of story from its predecessor the multiplayer went on to be the strong point with bold moves with the two man fire teams and the fantastic use of the Frostbite 2 engine developed for Battlefield 3.

18. May 18, 2013
    The campaign is lackluster and linear but it still manages to tell a story which is interesting in my eyes but really the multiplayer is where it is at i really enjoy the buddy system what can help me in tough situations overrall Medal of honr is an a ok game plus the frostbite 2 is amazing just like always
  19. Apr 28, 2013
    Dice has stepped down from Battlefield 3.The campagin is stupid and boring and the multiplayer you take forever to respawn and the guns ate really bad.
  20. Mar 18, 2013
    Its not a Good Game and Its not a Bad Game, Its Only an OKAY Game. Besides I Love the Graphics and The Promising Game play, But Looks Less Smilier to Battlefield 3.
  21. Mar 8, 2013
    I've played just about 1st and 3rd person shooter on the xbox market and I have to say (regardless of what others say) that this is a fun game. Important note I am only critiquing the single-player campaign, not the multiplayer. Does it have the top notch graphics No. Does it do anything different that another shoot hasn't already done No. Does the story sort of suck Yes. But forI've played just about 1st and 3rd person shooter on the xbox market and I have to say (regardless of what others say) that this is a fun game. Important note I am only critiquing the single-player campaign, not the multiplayer. Does it have the top notch graphics No. Does it do anything different that another shoot hasn't already done No. Does the story sort of suck Yes. But for the $30 I payed, it kept me fully entertained and I don't feel like I got gyped. I remember playing every Medal of Honor game that came out for the PC, enjoying each one of them. Of course once I complete the single-player campaign, this'll probably sit with my other games gathering dust. But I bought this game knowing not to expect something other than a first person shooter which has you completing different levels with a few tricks here and there. I figured I could've spent my $30 on a movie or something else but I wanted something which would keep me engrossed for a few days and so far I've been playing this for the last couple of weeks. If you compare this game against other first shooters, you'll probably give this game a low score. But if you compare this game on the basis of entertainment regardless of the cheeky story, it's not bad. It's some of the same old 1st person shooter stuff but you can see the effort that went into it to make it a little more than average than the typical shooter. I'm glad I spent the money on this one mainly for the entertainment it's given me so far. Besides, there are some really cool parts in it. I've been disappointed by a lot of other 1st person shooters but this is not one of them. I wouldn't pay over $30 for it but I'm glad I got it. Expand
  22. Mar 7, 2013
    Not much to say really...Medal of Honor: Warfighter is a pretty but buggy, frustrating and tedious experience.

Graphics: 8.5/10 Gameplay: 4/10 Features: 4/10 Ignore this game...AND it's predecessor if you haven't played it already, I guarantee you won't be missing much. It probably doesn't need recommendation but FPS fans should look towards the much

Graphics: 8.5/10
    Gameplay: 4/10
    Features: 4/10

Ignore this game...AND it's predecessor if you haven't played it already, I guarantee you won't be missing much. It probably doesn't need recommendation but FPS fans should look towards the much greener pastures of Call of Duty.
  23. Feb 20, 2013
    Like the previous installment to the Medal of Honor series, Warfighter is not being received well. As of right now, it has a user score of 4.9 and is receiving many negative reviews due to its short campaign, and buggy multiplayer. I personally loved the 2010 addition to the series, and am also quite enjoying this one. As of right now, im only 3-4 hours into the campaign (Which I guess isLike the previous installment to the Medal of Honor series, Warfighter is not being received well. As of right now, it has a user score of 4.9 and is receiving many negative reviews due to its short campaign, and buggy multiplayer. I personally loved the 2010 addition to the series, and am also quite enjoying this one. As of right now, im only 3-4 hours into the campaign (Which I guess is about half way through) and I only have one complaint. The story is completely un-original. But that's not a big deal for me anyway. Over the years I've learned to never expect anything from an FPS's story. The game runs on Dice's frostbite 2 game engine and looks just about as good as anything else on the market. Although I must say that the campaign does look slightly better than the multiplayer. The graphics are definitely one of the game's upsides. The multiplayer is as if BF and COD had a baby, which some people may see as a disaster, but I personally enjoy it. Definitely isn't as tacticle as BF, but at the same time still requires some thought unlike COD. It does feel a bit clunky at times though, I don't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the original's multiplayer. Oh and did I mention that the maps aren't as open as MoH 2010's so spawn sniping is no longer an issue? (if you played MoH 2010 you know what I'm talking about.) In my opinion, this game is extremely under rated and is definitely one of the better first person shooters on the market. I give it a 7 out of 10. Expand
  24. Feb 11, 2013
    Medal of Honor in 2010 was a bad game. So is this a sequel better then the original? No its not! It still suffers from hat made it bad in 2010 and more things bad about it. The e3 gameplay looked good but they were careful on what gameplay they showed i guess and it turned out to be a game. Campaigns characters are just dull and boring and cant even remember some of there names now. StoryMedal of Honor in 2010 was a bad game. So is this a sequel better then the original? No its not! It still suffers from hat made it bad in 2010 and more things bad about it. The e3 gameplay looked good but they were careful on what gameplay they showed i guess and it turned out to be a game. Campaigns characters are just dull and boring and cant even remember some of there names now. Story is just confusing and I always wondered, why im i here and what am i doing and at the end just relised you had to kill a few guys and thats it. Bugs and audio bugs were happening way too much and ruined the experience when it was good. Only good thing to say about it is that it looked awesome when I was playing it but thats about it. Multiplayer... with frostbite 2 engige it should be great? Well nope. Just basic game modes and nothing amazing about it, like the class system tho. Overall a b piece of Medal of Honor: Warfighter 3.4/10 Expand
  25. Jan 31, 2013
    Medal Of Honor Warfighter is the most under rated game of 2012. With the release of crack of duty, Halo 4 and Borderlands 2 this game was overlooked by the FPS community. Most just took the critics word for it that it sucked. The average critic bashed it more than likely because they didn't get their copies before release ( cry babies). Sure the game has its faults but all games do andMedal Of Honor Warfighter is the most under rated game of 2012. With the release of crack of duty, Halo 4 and Borderlands 2 this game was overlooked by the FPS community. Most just took the critics word for it that it sucked. The average critic bashed it more than likely because they didn't get their copies before release ( cry babies). Sure the game has its faults but all games do and none are perfect. Anybody that has played BF3 knows this is true. Is the campaign repetitive? Well in terms of killing waves of enemies moving to next check point and the same thing happening I guess. There are good breaks in the campaign specifically the driving missions which to me was a good break and very well done. If you took MOH-W driving missions and compared them to any COD driving mission it makes COD's attempt laughable. With that being said all shooters are repetitive in the same ways with killing waves of enemies and moving up so you cant take away points from a game for this because all shooters do it. I guess the question is why does COD, BF3, Halo, Ghost Recon not suffer in score for repetitiveness in the campaigns? It seems to me that something behind the scenes went on to get the bad score.

Campaign Rating Gameplay 9.0 Story 9.5 Voice acting 10 (There is almost nothing worse than bad voice acting to ruin the mood of a campaign) Dialog between characters 10 (not one cheesy bit of dialog in this game) Graphics 8.5 Musical Score 9.0 Cinematics 10 Some of the best Ive seen so far

After playing the campaign I have to say that MOH-W excels in all that I look for in a FPS campaign. I would have liked if they would have chosen some different avenues like letting the player have control of the sky diving parts, adding destructible environments on a BC2 level, and maybe some under water tasks for the navy seals to spice it up some. But all in all a solid campaign

Multiplayer experience
    I have made it to level 100 so I have soaked in this game unlike the 1 week playtime review you get from major critics. With that being said the Multiplayer is fun with friends and annoying with random players as is with all shooters. Fireman team is a good idea but needs tweaking in game. There is no way to link up in game with a friend you have to be in the Fireteam before you search for a game. Map design is really good designed to create lots of action and the new Hotspot game mode is killer. To me its one of the best game modes I have played in a shooter. Plenty of gun camos which I love, some weapon attachments leave you with a disadvantage. All classes have there uniqueness to them. The Assault class is the most popular since they have the most powerful guns. Getting ammo and health can be annoying at times and I wish they would have done something similar to BF3 with that. Real Ops/Hardcore is the way to go with MOH-W taking away the red glow of enemy characters, also leaving you with no hud and not letting you know if you killed the guy. Menu layout takes some getting use to but it is refreshing and unique.
    Explosions get to be excessive at times with what seems like 100 yard grenade throws, Point streaks seem easier to get in this game and can get out of hand at times. In my experience with this game I give it a total score of 8 its just not bad enough to get a 5. Multiplayer Rating
    Gameplay 9.0
    Map Design 8.0
    Game Modes 8.5
    Weapons 8.0 Gun Sounds 8.0

Yes I know this has been out for a while now and Im late to the review table but I think this game deserves some credit, so I wanted to give it some
  26. Jan 30, 2013
    Where to begin... first things first, this game makes use of Frostbite 2. For the most part, the visuals are quite beautiful, and several scenes are quite striking. Of course, you need to download the optional 1.7 Gig Texture Pack in order to appreciate this. If you can't, then be prepared to be assaulted by some of the most horrendous textures I've seen. I wasn't able to download it.Where to begin... first things first, this game makes use of Frostbite 2. For the most part, the visuals are quite beautiful, and several scenes are quite striking. Of course, you need to download the optional 1.7 Gig Texture Pack in order to appreciate this. If you can't, then be prepared to be assaulted by some of the most horrendous textures I've seen. I wasn't able to download it. Seriously, without the pack, it looks like everything was painted on by someone who doesn't know how to paint a fence. I hope for your sake that you can do so yourself. Moving on, the gunplay that the game has is fairly solid, but the problem is that the firefights are completely marred by glitches and piss-poor A.I. Rule of thumb, a large 50 meg patch coming out directly at the game's launch is never a good sign. Also, I've seen plenty of times in which enemy soldiers rush out to me in the open, and don't get me started on my team mates. Sure, they're smart enough not to jump into my sights, but aside from giving me ammo when I need it, they're completely useless. They can barely hit ANYONE, and to top it off, they kept nudging me out of cover and into direct fire: Annoying as hell. The other big problem of the game is that when you get right down to it, it really offers absolutely nothing new to the formula. We've played all the sequences, all the environments before, from the stealth segment, to the helicopter gunship level, but this game adds nothing new. It just rehashes stuff that's already been done before. Oh sure there's the breaching sequences, but aside from looking cool, there's no gameplay differences, and the novelty wears off fairly quickly. Then we come to the story. It's not as bad as everyone's been saying, and can even be touching at times, but it suffers from two major problems. One, is that the player characters are talking in the pre-rendered cutscenes, but are silent in game. That's just disconnection. The second problem, is that some of the levels and segments have little meat on them. Take the one in which you snipe one pirate off of a ship. One shot, one kill, mission ends. ONE SHOT: MISSION ENDS. That is not how you build a level. That's not to say the game's totally hopeless. The gunplay is reasonably solid, as I said before, the sound's pretty good and, strangely enough, there are some surprisingly intense driving sequences. It's not a bad game per say, but there's really nothing here that nothing here that hasn't already been done before (if not better) by its competitors. I therefore rate this game a solid MEH. Rent this game, don't bother buying it. P.S: did anyone else find Preacher's wife and daughter to be REALLY creepy looking? I sure as hell thought so. Expand
  27. Jan 15, 2013
    I am very upset at the negative reviews that this marvelous team game is receiving. I am very scared of the future of gaming because if it's not call of duty.. It's not getting a good review. Or record breaking sales. This game requires actual teamwork during its multiplayer matches. Unlike most of the shooters that are released these days. This games realistic teamwork tips its cap toI am very upset at the negative reviews that this marvelous team game is receiving. I am very scared of the future of gaming because if it's not call of duty.. It's not getting a good review. Or record breaking sales. This game requires actual teamwork during its multiplayer matches. Unlike most of the shooters that are released these days. This games realistic teamwork tips its cap to games like socom, America's army, mag for ps3, and with the design matching todays gorgeous shooters like cod and it's older brother battlefield 3. This games score should be coming in at around the 8-8.5 range.. Because if you are looking for different than the typical brainless shooters that are being made as we speak.. (cod, same thing every year and gets hailed as a great new adventure each time, bs!) check this game out. You'll thank me later. Promise. Expand
  28. Jan 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. surprised yet disappointed, i have just played the single player campaign and i have some mixed feelings. so far i think EA just told Danger Close to make a call of duty clone and slap the frostbite 2 engine on the cover. HERE IT IS KIDS! A MODERN SHOOTER LIKE ALL THE OTHERS! i had some fun with it, but the story could have been so much better. since the story is about the struggle of being in the navy or army in afganistan, you expect a deep and emotional story line. but i think EA force danger close with a small release date so it could come out before the new call of duty. if danger close had more time like maybe released it after the holidays to have a better story, longer campaign, and fixed some of the issues with the game (the game crashed on me twice) i would of loved it, i feel like this game was only released so that EA could get some cash on putting the Battlefield 4 sticker on it saying have beta access when it comes out. Expand
  29. Jan 6, 2013
    Before I review the game I want to talk about the way this game was marketed. When they released trailer footage, they were clearly showing off PC footage while using an xbox 360 controller because you can see 360 button input commands on the screen. (X for reload, D Pad to activate killstreak, etc) This caused me to believe that they were showing 360 footage from the get go. I was veryBefore I review the game I want to talk about the way this game was marketed. When they released trailer footage, they were clearly showing off PC footage while using an xbox 360 controller because you can see 360 button input commands on the screen. (X for reload, D Pad to activate killstreak, etc) This caused me to believe that they were showing 360 footage from the get go. I was very wrong. What was being shown was PC footage probably from a high end rig and making it seem like it was from the Xbox. I tried asking them on twitter about this and they never responded to me. This left a very bad taste in my mouth and to this day I'm still not happy about it. Now onto the the game. I picked this game up at a midnight release and almost didn't get to play it that night because the copy I got was defective. Luckily the Gamestop guy was nice enough to stay open long enough for me to rush down there and exchange it. (Off to a great start) Single player campaign is pretty generic. Get from point A to point B and shoot also its very short. Visually, this game is o k. It runs at 30 fps and in my honest opinion, Frostbite 2 doesn't look good on consoles. It's way to powerful for the current generation of consoles to handle. Until the new consoles come out, Frostbite 2 looks at its best on PC. (FYI I don't own a PC in case your thinking I'm a PC fanboy. I've been gaming on consoles my whole life). The sounds in this game are very nice. My only complaint with the sound is that there are a lot of hiccups and makes the presentation look very sloppy (Sometimes you won't hear reload, explosions cut out, etc.) Now lets get into multiplayer. This is where the game "shines". At first the menus are confusing to navigate through but overtime you will get the hang of it. Pretty generic game modes such as Team Deathmatch, Domination, etc. Weapon customization is nice and there's a lot of depth to it. I'll go far enough to say that there is too much depth. It is so time consuming that it's something that should be done before you start a match. You can change everything from the barrel type, clip type, camos, optics, etc. Don't get me wrong its a nice feature but it takes too long if you wanna sit there and try to customize everything on your gun. Lets talk about the maps. Again, the maps are super generic. No eye candy here. Some maps have horrendous texture loading issues. (My biggest complaint) I forget which map it was but the texture loading issues are pretty bad to the point where the game just felt unacceptable to me. It seriously made me look at my xbox and want to throw it out the window because it felt *outdated*. But I play other games that run beautifully at 60 fps on the same *outdated* console. Its not the console that's the problem, its the game! At the time of release this game felt unfinished. I kept running into issues and I began reporting them to their twitter account. I sent pictures and videos of issues and they thanked me every time I did it. After a while of doing this it got very old. I'm a customer, not a game tester. I shouldn't be doing there job of trying to look for bugs in this game. I got fed up with this game along with them not fixing this bug infested game fast enough and ended up trading it in. Not a good experience at all. Wait for this game to be in the bargain bin for 9.99. Don't pay anything more than that. If your jumping from COD to this game, expect to lower your standards a bit to play this game. Expand
  30. Jan 3, 2013
    firstly the good news, a mixed bag of missions to play though and a fps unique all-driving segment. however this 'mixed bag' only lasts around 4-5 hours. i feel that it's 2010 prequel was a much better purchase and much more immerse. also if the updates are not available to you will encounter a number of bugs in audio and ai etc. lastly the plot is not as well explained or introduced as infirstly the good news, a mixed bag of missions to play though and a fps unique all-driving segment. however this 'mixed bag' only lasts around 4-5 hours. i feel that it's 2010 prequel was a much better purchase and much more immerse. also if the updates are not available to you will encounter a number of bugs in audio and ai etc. lastly the plot is not as well explained or introduced as in its predecessor Expand

1. Games Master UK
    Dec 18, 2012
    Decidedly 'meh.' [Jan 2013, p.64]
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 17, 2012
    Bland, glitchy, linear to a fault and hopelessly redundant. You could go your whole life without playing this and not miss anything. [Jan 2013, p.72]
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 6, 2012
    Okay in short bursts, but there's no reason to play single-player. A huge missed opportunity on EA's part and another year it won't be taking COD's crown. [Issue#92, p.78]