Medal of Honor: Warfighter Xbox 360

5.5

1. Oct 23, 2012
    Amazing game The graphics blow me away with there astounding browns and shades of brown there is more brown in this game than any game before it.Also worth of note is the level design i only got frustrated 23 times during the four hour campaign.
  2. Oct 23, 2012
    MoHA Warfighter has one of the best graphics ever seen on consoles. Coupled with great storyline and better multiplayer experience than CoD this is a must have.
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    Single Player is amazing and always and still better than COD! All of the COD Fanboys need to stop giving this game bad reviews. This was amazing Graphics & Sound effects brought to us by Frostbite 2. This was the first time playing a FPS and saying Holy Crap; this is intense. Pick this up and give it a try. Also, Multiplayer is very fun and I can see myself playing it long after I beatSingle Player is amazing and always and still better than COD! All of the COD Fanboys need to stop giving this game bad reviews. This was amazing Graphics & Sound effects brought to us by Frostbite 2. This was the first time playing a FPS and saying Holy Crap; this is intense. Pick this up and give it a try. Also, Multiplayer is very fun and I can see myself playing it long after I beat the campaign. Expand
  4. Oct 24, 2012
    Definitely one of the best shooters I have played to date. I am very impressed. It's sad how many of the negative reviews on here have obviously never even touched the game.
  5. Oct 24, 2012
    Ok, here's my official review people. FIRST NOTE (INSTALL HD ELEMENTS TO HDD FOR BEST GFX)

Single Player I was a little weirded out when it started us with a normal scene then threw us into a training course. Why wouldn't they just have us do that first and lead us into the game. Some missions I found frustrating like being pinned down by fire and then killed with an RPG at point

Single Player
    I was a little weirded out when it started us with a normal scene then threw us into a training course. Why wouldn't they just have us do that first and lead us into the game. Some missions I found frustrating like being pinned down by fire and then killed with an RPG at point blank range. The check point system is also seemingly nonexistent and drives me nuts progressing far, being killed and retreating 3 battles back. The AI also slipped numerous times when he says "Ok lets keep things quiet" and he proceeds to shoot and miss they guy alerting the rest of the camp. Aside from the retardedness that is the AI the rest of the story is solid and the characters are engaging. Vehicle missions are sturdy and controls are typical of any racing game. Debris slows you down and mud lets your slip so its all about timing and control. VooDoo and Preacher return from 2010's MoH and are starting to show their humanity and depression from their active tours.

Multiplayer
    This is where the game finally shines. There are a variety of game modes but my most favorite is HotSpot, in this game mode there are 5 designated targets on the map selected randomly for demolition. One team has a time limit to defend it and the other has to plant a demo charge to destroy it. If its defended then it moves onto the next target and the defenders win a round, same if the attackers destroy the target they win the round and best of 3 out of 5 wins. There is one thing that bothers me the most and I found myself doing it last night to power rank my gun was that spawns are predictable and you can stand behind them with a sniper and pick them off as soon as they spawn. The spawn areas are so wide open that you can hide far behind then enemy team without them noticing you and they will always spawn and lye down thinking they can get cover. A simple fix for this wold be to award no points for spawn area kills or have it be a kill area for enemies like BF3. Now the gameplay is extremely fast, similar to that of the call of duty series but has a bit of strategy using each player ability to its potential. I team up with a friend, me as Spec Ops and himself as SFOD-D Pointman. Pointmen can use heavy hitter ammo to take down most targets fast and spec ops are more agile and fast on the field. Its a great combo to use.

In the end with the problems aside and the patches I foresee in the upcoming weeks I give this game a solid... 9.5/10

Story 9.0
    GFX 10
    Sound 9.5
    Control 9.7
  6. Oct 24, 2012
    Nice campaign a little short though.the multiplayer is unique, if you play this game as a call of duty moron yo will hatte it, this is all about team work and remain Side by side. If you do this youll love it. Graphics are great and the curscenes are allmost next gen.
  7. Oct 25, 2012
    This is Why Game Companies Need to Have FREE Demo Available that include timed Campaign and Multiplayer. Let people make their own Decisions based on what they Like.

Is the Game Playable: Yes Was the Game Fun : That is An Opinion Statement Boring : That is An Opinion Statement Graphics: Graphics without Texture Pack installed - just OK, felt out of date. With Texture Pack

Is the Game Playable: Yes
    Was the Game Fun : That is An Opinion Statement
    Boring : That is An Opinion Statement

Graphics: Graphics without Texture Pack installed - just OK, felt out of date. With Texture Pack Installed, Wonderful. The Explosions, lighting add to the feel of this game feeling like I'm In real places.

Sound: You can tell the type of weapon being fired by its sound. Battlefield sounds are very believable. The sound was believable as if I was in a gunfight or war. Is the surround sound up to par. I will say it YES!!! I was able to do a full 360 turn and could tell what was to my east, west or south! I am Using Turtle Beach, X42 Surround Sound Head Set,

Is it True to It's Genre: Yes!

Is it better then the Last Medal of Honor - In my opinion, Yes Graphics, Sound, Campaign, Multiplayer, Stability. Of course it depends on what you liked or disliked about the Original.

Is the Campaign Short or Long. I would Say on the Short Side, But is it Action Packed and Good for this type of Genre? But, since it has Multiplayer, I guess this value would be based on what you desire most, a long Single Player or Great Never Ending Multiplayer.

The first day -Multiplayer at Midnight Release, was horrible. But, all the problems I Suffered the first two Days, are now Gone. (Especially the long Origin Log In Times!)

In Multiplayer I had a match last night, (I am retired Military, USMC and USArmy) that played out like a real operation (Combat Mission). Surpressive fire while my team mates set the explosive, flash bang the room, then ran in and cleared it. I personally enjoyed it.

The weapon selection, awesome. The Character Selection, Awesome. (If you find the weapon unlock system confusing, then that does not speak much for your mentality). Now I do find the weapon and character selection system tedious, it could have been streamlined to take less clicks.

You even unlock things in Single player, like how you can breach - based on head shots you accumulate from prior breaches!

If you just want it for death match, then you will find Death Match because Death Match is Death Match! Just new places, new weapons, new characters! Think about it, that is all DLC is for this Genre!

Example how "Professional Raters" can ruin the true Value of a Game: A Particular Critic / Reviewer Stated;

RATING OUT OF 5

Graphics 4.8
    Control (Gameplay) 4.5
    Music / Sound FX / Voice Acting 4.3
    Play Value 2.0
    Overall Rating 2.7

Come on : Play Value is a Total Personal Opinion, Yet it brings this Game down to a 2.7 Out of 5. Yet, look at the other 4 Ratings... Funny!

Reviewer Says: "Firing a gun feels satisfying, headshots have a zip to them that even Call of Duty lacks" yet also says, "Does Nothing New They Say:", This game adds as much new as a Call of Duty or Black Ops or Battlefield 3. New Maps, New Story, New Weapons, New Classes. Come On, It's based on - "New" World Events and Places. Is It Unique : Really, what today is, including music and the movies. If it was unique it would have to create a new Genre! Is it different - yes, it even feels different and plays different from the Last MOH.

The Reviewer Said:
    Save Your Hard Earned Money for Something Better, that is unique and not boring? Hmm, what do you recommend? Call Of Duty 13 , Battlefield 23, Brink 4, Asssasin's Creed 8.... How can they be uniqe, they are sequels, and they are in a genre that already exists! Stick to Facts!

Reviewers are so misleading gamers that rely on reviews to make their gaming decision when they can't afford but so many games a year. Reviewers, stop misleading just because you had problems or didn't like the game. State what you didn't like, even state what did not work for you, but don't lie in order to discourage.

I have decided to record some gameplay and post it to show how great this game is. Make your own opinion, or rent it... I Would have given it an 8.5, but to make up for the people giving it a bad rating, I boosted it to a 10, just to bring up the average to something deserving!
  8. Oct 26, 2012
    You should disregard what the gaming press has to say about Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I've been playing it and having a blast. My opinion is that most of the gaming press (a) hates first-person shooters; and (b) military-themed first-person shooters most of all. They were lying in wait and ready to pounce on this game the moment it came out. Remember what the movie critics did to "JohnYou should disregard what the gaming press has to say about Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I've been playing it and having a blast. My opinion is that most of the gaming press (a) hates first-person shooters; and (b) military-themed first-person shooters most of all. They were lying in wait and ready to pounce on this game the moment it came out. Remember what the movie critics did to "John Carter"? Same thing: great, fun product that somehow stumbled into the crosshairs of people with venom to spare. Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2012
    This game has destruction...real gun names and sounds....frostbite engine...aswell as some clever class makeups. Best part is every soldier no matter what country you choose to play as...has different guns and setups. Very interesting. The killstreak rewards are hardenough to earn that it doest ruin the game(as cod/mw3) has done. Itd a great game where you are really rewarded forThis game has destruction...real gun names and sounds....frostbite engine...aswell as some clever class makeups. Best part is every soldier no matter what country you choose to play as...has different guns and setups. Very interesting. The killstreak rewards are hardenough to earn that it doest ruin the game(as cod/mw3) has done. Itd a great game where you are really rewarded for playing with your fireteam partner. This fact alone is most likely the reason why all the low scores have come in for this great game.....its because cod has destroyed true multiplayer online gaming. No such thing as team work in any game except BF3 and MOHW. I have no doubt this is a huge factor in the low scores.
    Campaign is very fun and engaging..but a bit short.
  10. Oct 27, 2012
    This I found to be a spectacular game I could not believe the assortment of characters in it. I was a Gingerbread man running around weilding a ray gun blasting my way through a bunch of fishbowl headed men. My personal favorite character was the man pretending to be a robot with a cardboard box on his head. The story was very intense they used extreme creativity when they explain time andThis I found to be a spectacular game I could not believe the assortment of characters in it. I was a Gingerbread man running around weilding a ray gun blasting my way through a bunch of fishbowl headed men. My personal favorite character was the man pretending to be a robot with a cardboard box on his head. The story was very intense they used extreme creativity when they explain time and paradoxes. The game had my heart racing and I couldnt keep up with the intense action of grabbing the case and running it to the extraction point. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who loves the Medal of Honor series. Expand
  11. Oct 27, 2012
    First of all. This does not feel like a finished product, the single player campaing is too short and goes on tracks. BUT the MP has a huge amount of potential. If just DG would give a new patch to repair the remaing bugs this would be my FPS to go. Im giving it a 10 just be course there is a lot of negativity towards it. Normally I would give it a 8.
  12. Oct 27, 2012
    What most gamers seem to forget is the true purpose of gaming. We play these games to have a good time, to enjoy ourselves. What this game offers in both the single player and multiplayer is enough to keep me satisfied and to make me happy that I spent £40 on it. Medal of Honor Warfighter has an amazingly fast-paced campaign, filled with drama and suspense. It has its technical bugsWhat most gamers seem to forget is the true purpose of gaming. We play these games to have a good time, to enjoy ourselves. What this game offers in both the single player and multiplayer is enough to keep me satisfied and to make me happy that I spent £40 on it. Medal of Honor Warfighter has an amazingly fast-paced campaign, filled with drama and suspense. It has its technical bugs but most games do nowadays. The multiplayer is fun, there is loads of customization options and the general gameplay offers the same entertainment as any other successful first person shooter out there. It's fast paced, requires the use of tactics, battle buddies are vital to your victory and doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage over the other players. I gave this game a rating of 10/10 even though I've ignored the minor glitches because this game deserves a 10/10, its a must-buy! Expand
  13. Oct 27, 2012
    I can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't like Medal of Honor Warfighter I haven't played campaign but regardless if campaign is absolutely terrible this game still deserves a 10.0 I have not experiences any lag in this game it is a pick up and play type of game and once you get into it you will realize the multiplayer is great and there are no broken classes or killstreaks except for peopleI can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't like Medal of Honor Warfighter I haven't played campaign but regardless if campaign is absolutely terrible this game still deserves a 10.0 I have not experiences any lag in this game it is a pick up and play type of game and once you get into it you will realize the multiplayer is great and there are no broken classes or killstreaks except for people think ballistic armor and signal armor are overpowered however i would say they aren't i don't use them but i barely get killed by them and still end up going at least 20-10 in tdm so with that said i would say there are no overpowered things and the bullet ballistics are great and the game may even be to realistic for some if I had to rate the game I would say Multiplay 10 Gameplay 9 Sound 10 Graphics 9 Servers 10 Innovation 8 Realism 9.5 Customization 9 Campaign N/A Now those would be my ratings I understand that they don't let you create classes but they have more guns then any Call of Duty and more attachments and Paint Jobs also with that said they have different people you can choose from to be I love what they did with the fireteam and the in game platoons was a great idea there are five game modes with the additional option of hardcore for every mode and 8 maps which they have already announced more they have 20 people to a server in everything but home run still without lag and and you can customize your classes midgame so for someone who likes multiplayer and really nothing else I would highly recommend this game and i would say this games overall rating is a 10 thanks for your time Expand
  14. Oct 28, 2012
    First off I'd like to say this game is awesome despite the bad reviews ign and g4 gave it. Most people now a days play games for there online multiplayer and that's just what this game is. This games multiplayer offers some challenge and strategy unlike Call of Duty. If your a battlefield fan then you'll love it. The buddy system is a great addition to this game and it makes it an allFirst off I'd like to say this game is awesome despite the bad reviews ign and g4 gave it. Most people now a days play games for there online multiplayer and that's just what this game is. This games multiplayer offers some challenge and strategy unlike Call of Duty. If your a battlefield fan then you'll love it. The buddy system is a great addition to this game and it makes it an all around great game. This game was a huge step up from the first one and if you expect to win a game then you have to be a team-player and know how to support your team. This game is one of the best war games I've played in a long time and I highly recommend it. Other games that I play that might help you with knowing what my type of good war games is is Battlefield 3 Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2 Battlefield Company 1&2 and Battlefield 1943. Hopefully I was able to persuade you to buy so go get it and I'll see you on the battlefield. Expand
  15. Oct 30, 2012
    Amazing game, campaign is full of great action moments, the breaching is great where you chose and unlock different breaching methods, the story is fantastic too especially as it adds in the back story of their families etc, something that COD does not even look at. Insane graphics, cut scenes and also the driving missions are awesome too! Mutiplayer is good, fireteams adds a lot to theAmazing game, campaign is full of great action moments, the breaching is great where you chose and unlock different breaching methods, the story is fantastic too especially as it adds in the back story of their families etc, something that COD does not even look at. Insane graphics, cut scenes and also the driving missions are awesome too! Mutiplayer is good, fireteams adds a lot to the game and makes it easier to get straight back into the action aswell as good graphics and so on and so forth.
    Basically buy this game is you like action games or even action films :))
  16. Oct 31, 2012
    Professional critics simply made their minds up on this title before they even played it. They hate FPS games and their negative reviews have more to do with an agenda than an honest review of this product in my opinion. I've played hours and hours of multi-player and this game is a blast! I love it! It is different, it is unique, it is really fun. Way more tactical than COD. The slew ofProfessional critics simply made their minds up on this title before they even played it. They hate FPS games and their negative reviews have more to do with an agenda than an honest review of this product in my opinion. I've played hours and hours of multi-player and this game is a blast! I love it! It is different, it is unique, it is really fun. Way more tactical than COD. The slew of negativity from reviewers seems unfounded and rooted in a preconceived bias. Wait a few weeks and watch them all go gushy fawning over COD Black ops 2. That's what this is all about. MOHW is a game for FPS fans who take their games seriously, not for quick-scoping 14-year-olds. User reviews here are so polarized - people either love it or hate it, that tells me its a diamond in the rough that people with limited attention spans simply haven't given the time it takes to appreciate its beauty. Expand
  17. Nov 1, 2012
    It is a pretty good game i haven't seen any bug and the mp is great fun. Maps are cool but if someoneee controlls the spawnoints it is difficult to win.
  18. Nov 5, 2012
    the game is Awesome short campaign put it has some frustrating moments i am giving it a 10 the maultiplayer is good and challenging and the features the options 4 breaching the door is good
  19. Dec 1, 2012
    Very nice game, far more realistc than other fps games, better sound, very good graphics, weapons costumization is a very nice adittion and the firetam buddy system works very fine.
  20. Dec 21, 2012
    I mainly played this for the campaign - if you are mainly in it for the campaign, then this game is awesome. Some of the missions are based on real life special ops missions that have taken place, and if you finish the story you will really appreciate the game that much more. I'm not much for playing online in shooters like this, but I did try it for a few hours and it was ok online too.I mainly played this for the campaign - if you are mainly in it for the campaign, then this game is awesome. Some of the missions are based on real life special ops missions that have taken place, and if you finish the story you will really appreciate the game that much more. I'm not much for playing online in shooters like this, but I did try it for a few hours and it was ok online too. You seem to be able to upgrade weapons and gear pretty quickly if you're half decent. Expand
  21. Jan 15, 2013
    I am very upset at the negative reviews that this marvelous team game is receiving. I am very scared of the future of gaming because if it's not call of duty.. It's not getting a good review. Or record breaking sales. This game requires actual teamwork during its multiplayer matches. Unlike most of the shooters that are released these days. This games realistic teamwork tips its cap toI am very upset at the negative reviews that this marvelous team game is receiving. I am very scared of the future of gaming because if it's not call of duty.. It's not getting a good review. Or record breaking sales. This game requires actual teamwork during its multiplayer matches. Unlike most of the shooters that are released these days. This games realistic teamwork tips its cap to games like socom, America's army, mag for ps3, and with the design matching todays gorgeous shooters like cod and it's older brother battlefield 3. This games score should be coming in at around the 8-8.5 range.. Because if you are looking for different than the typical brainless shooters that are being made as we speak.. (cod, same thing every year and gets hailed as a great new adventure each time, bs!) check this game out. You'll thank me later. Promise. Expand
  22. Aug 24, 2013
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is the best; first person shooter of 2012. Rather than the game being a redone or cliff-hanger story-it is based of real events on the war against terror. The story is more emotionally engaging than many other shooters; a realistic relationship between a Navy SEAL who is always on mission and his wife who wants him to be at home instead of fighting. The game fellsMedal of Honor Warfighter is the best; first person shooter of 2012. Rather than the game being a redone or cliff-hanger story-it is based of real events on the war against terror. The story is more emotionally engaging than many other shooters; a realistic relationship between a Navy SEAL who is always on mission and his wife who wants him to be at home instead of fighting. The game fells a lot like the movie; Act of Valor-in its best parts. The graphics and details are gorgeous, with the audio and voice acting adding extra love into the game. The set-pieces feel important and there won't be many "Wish I was playing in that skybox" moments. The action is paced well; stealth, assault, turret an vehicle sections have great impact on sense of place and urgency. The controls are precise and responsive and three features that are great are-asking allies for ammo, sliding and leaning; adding a more in-depth experience. The campaign lasts a fair while and the multiplayer continues the fun. The online game feels more like Counter-Strike than COD or Battlefield and the great controls, along with a streamlined buddy system and different real world soldiers that operate differently add extra touches. If that wasn't enough-you can access the Battlefield 4 demo. Medal of Honor Warfighter isn't getting the best reviews, but that's only due to COD and Halo; in truth; Medal of Honor is an engrossing experience-Buy or regret. Expand
  23. Feb 12, 2014
    gamingtrend: are you f**king kidding me (piss poor planning) how about this you can eat a Di(K this game is awesome if you stupid F**K's took the time to rate the name much less the game. Well im sure you and your team went into depth with the C-O-D well the name at least did you even pick up the controller or did you just read the cover "piss poor" its stupid F**K's like you that madegamingtrend: are you f**king kidding me (piss poor planning) how about this you can eat a Di(K this game is awesome if you stupid F**K's took the time to rate the name much less the game. Well im sure you and your team went into depth with the C-O-D well the name at least did you even pick up the controller or did you just read the cover "piss poor" its stupid F**K's like you that made this game seam something its not. Expand
  24. Apr 24, 2014
    Amazing game with graphics that blew me away. The game includes an awesome campaign that had stunning graphics and fun game play. I don't understand the hate on this game; I think it's AWESOME!
  25. Oct 23, 2012
    This game is awesome, don't listen to the COD fanboys, campaign is fun, multiplayer is different. But bring different is good, it's better then have the same create a class used over and over again. The game will make you install a HD upgrade just like Battlefield 3. Multiplayer is also fast pace and not all the maps are sniper friendly. Overall the game is a new experience from the sameThis game is awesome, don't listen to the COD fanboys, campaign is fun, multiplayer is different. But bring different is good, it's better then have the same create a class used over and over again. The game will make you install a HD upgrade just like Battlefield 3. Multiplayer is also fast pace and not all the maps are sniper friendly. Overall the game is a new experience from the same old games that look the same every year! Expand
  26. Oct 23, 2012
    The singleplayer of this game is truly something of note. Warfighter, much like Medal of Honor 2010, is very much a character-driven story, touching on more than just the "Oorah" aspects of military life. As of about two hours into the campaign the game so far has been, indefinitely, the greatest campaign I've experience in a military shooter so far and displays a fair amount or range whenThe singleplayer of this game is truly something of note. Warfighter, much like Medal of Honor 2010, is very much a character-driven story, touching on more than just the "Oorah" aspects of military life. As of about two hours into the campaign the game so far has been, indefinitely, the greatest campaign I've experience in a military shooter so far and displays a fair amount or range when it comes to mission variety. The gunplay is very, very weighty. Some of the most satisfying shooting I've experienced in a long while, at least as far as the more realistic shooters go, which is certainly what I would call this. Not to the point of true simulators, mind you, but it does ground itself to a much larger extent than you normally see in today's modern shooters. Anyway, I truly enjoy this game. While I was a bit hesitant when picking it up, mostly due to negative comments, I am happy with the purchase. I can't yet say whether or not the multiplayer holds up. I was pretty happy with what I saw from the beta, but that was just a small taste of what the game has to offer. With little knowledge as far as that goes, it wouldn't be fair for me to give any real comment on that element of the game. Expand
  27. Oct 23, 2012
    Medal of honor warfighter may seem like another generic shooter in an all too crowded fps market these days but, after playing through the game I am very pleased. The campaign for medal of honor 2010 was decent but, the lackluster multiplayer left me wanting something more. With medal of honor warfighter developer danger close has given me one of the best medal of honors to date. TheMedal of honor warfighter may seem like another generic shooter in an all too crowded fps market these days but, after playing through the game I am very pleased. The campaign for medal of honor 2010 was decent but, the lackluster multiplayer left me wanting something more. With medal of honor warfighter developer danger close has given me one of the best medal of honors to date. The campaign for MOHW is short but, the story is much more realistic and heartfelt than any military shooter I have ever played. The shooting and gun mechanics are great and really give the guns weight, power, and a realistic feel. Many of the characters from MOH 2010 return for the sequel and you get to know those soldiers a lot better. Many of the missions have some awesome set piece moments and although the campaign is short, it feels just right. The multiplayer this time around was handled in house by developer danger close, instead of dice. The multiplayer is awesome and allows you to customize pretty much anything you can think of on your gun. The weighty shooting feeling is also in multiplayer and guns have recoil and some even overheat. All the character classes feel balanced and I like all the maps except maybe one. I can see myself playing this game a year from now there is so much to unlock and tweak in the multiplayer. If your looking for a more heartfelt, realistic military shooter that also has great multiplayer look no further than Medal of Honor Warfighter. I just want to add that Danger Close did a great job on this game and truly listened to fan feedback. Expand
  28. Oct 24, 2012
    I have to start by saying I'm not really understanding what all of the complaints are about. I played through the game beginning to end and and played over three hours of multiplayer and found only one problem. I found the story hard to follow due to the jumping around from week to week and I felt it would have been better for it to be day to day but hey, Can't beg I didn't make it. On theI have to start by saying I'm not really understanding what all of the complaints are about. I played through the game beginning to end and and played over three hours of multiplayer and found only one problem. I found the story hard to follow due to the jumping around from week to week and I felt it would have been better for it to be day to day but hey, Can't beg I didn't make it. On the complimentary side I was very impressed with the vehicle missions and the stability and realism of the driving. The multiplayer I found flawless with the various gamemodes like hotspot, real ops, and home run along with the amazing weapon customization. Really fantastic game. Looking forward to DLC and even a sequel! Expand
  29. Oct 24, 2012
    Let me say, I was one of the few people that enjoyed MOH 2010, I played the multiplayer a lot which seemed liked DICE's B-team developed (tried to ignore all the bugs and just enjoy it), but the singleplayer story was what shined the most for me in that game. Unlike games like BF3 and BFBC2 where the stories hold nothing to the multiplayer, I think the campaign definitely outshines theLet me say, I was one of the few people that enjoyed MOH 2010, I played the multiplayer a lot which seemed liked DICE's B-team developed (tried to ignore all the bugs and just enjoy it), but the singleplayer story was what shined the most for me in that game. Unlike games like BF3 and BFBC2 where the stories hold nothing to the multiplayer, I think the campaign definitely outshines the multiplayer in this title as well. If you enjoy a singleplayer that makes your character look more like a Bruce Willis in Die Hard, then stick with Call of Duty. This is a little more about the characters and the heart rather than walk-through-every-battle-a-super-hero. Nothing against COD, just not my cup of tea (except for you, precious COD 4). As for the MP, I think it's definitely an improvement over the last MOH, but it still can't hold a torch to games like Battlefield 3. Of course, it feels similar to BF3 in the gun handling, graphics, sound and lighting because of Frostbite 2.0, but, it's still different enough to not totally feel like the red headed step child of BF3. I say ignore some of the press reviews, most of those guys are cynical in their reviews and gave MOH 2010 a better review than this one which was definitely the inferior title of the two. I think this is a really great game, especially the campaign. I would give it a shot. Graphics - 9.0 (Cutscenes 10! Think Mass Effect type graphics)
    Sound - 9.0 Campaign - 9.0
    Multiplayer - 7.5
    Replay Value - 8.0
  30. Oct 26, 2012
    This review is for multiplayer only because I feel like that's all any one cares about anymore. This simple and logical fact that people only care about MP can be seen as proof in the amount of work that went into it to make it distinct, fun, and it does have some original ideas. I love love love the buddy system because everyone in the Army knows you don't go anywhere or do anythingThis review is for multiplayer only because I feel like that's all any one cares about anymore. This simple and logical fact that people only care about MP can be seen as proof in the amount of work that went into it to make it distinct, fun, and it does have some original ideas. I love love love the buddy system because everyone in the Army knows you don't go anywhere or do anything without your "Battle Buddy" from basic training all the way to the sandbox. The game has a awesome amount of upgrades and the menus can be confusing at first but after you spend some time in there you will figure it out I promise! Also, the weapons feel so heavy and brutal and very responsive. I have really enjoyed the MP very much and I truly believe that the harsh reviews are unfair and in my experience I haven't had any bugs or glitches and I have been playing for two days now and love it. It is indeed a blend of COD and B3 with its own identity mixed in and to tell you the truth I don't understand why that's a bad thing!?!? It is another modern shooter and yes it is similar to other genre shooters but the gameplay alone and the responsiveness of the weapons alone make this game worth your time. I paid $60 for it and I don't regret it at all, and I'm not one of these trolls that have to justify my spending of $60 because I have a decent job and the money isn't the issue and I don't think we are being fair to MOH when we say it's a cookie cutter FPS because they all are nowadays. I feel what makes this game stand on its own foundation (besides the gorgeous graphics and fun MP and sweet sound effects) is that it has extremely well polished maneuverability in the MP and the buddy system makes it so much fun to work as a team similar to B3 but without the tanks, choppers and jets. It has that "close up" feel like COD but has the team based squad play like B3 which prevents camping and lone wolfs and THAT ALONE makes it worth every penny of the $60. At least rent it and try out the FREE 2 day trial online (thanks very much danger close that was very nice of you and I hope more developers use this tactic to get people hooked in a game) because with the free two day trial you can decide if it is for you or not and I believe you will fall in love with it like I have. And yes, once again, it is a blend of CoD and B3 but how is that negative I ask you? Enjoy the game and don't base your decision on some mean spirited and unprofessional reviews. I give it a 8/10 for the MP alone and I will update this review afte I complete the single player which I hope is as good as the last one! Trust me....just try out the free 2 day trial and at least rent it. You have nothing to lose and an awesome MP game to gain! Collapse Expand
  31. Oct 26, 2012
    I've just sat down and *actually played* the game for a good period, online of course. I've yet to touch the single player but the multiplayer is an absolute blast - if you're going to buy it for the online side, just do it. Don't let these angry little cod fanboys who haven't actually touched the game influence you, it's a genuinely good game and well worth picking up if you can.
  32. Oct 26, 2012
    This may not be a groundbreaking game, nor a Call of Duty killer, but it stills doesnt take away the fact that this is a solid game. The campaign is more of a character study rather than a balls to the wall action game. Its not trying to emulate another game but stay as authentic to what war is while still trying to be fun. This was its demise to most people, it wasnt a twitcher that youThis may not be a groundbreaking game, nor a Call of Duty killer, but it stills doesnt take away the fact that this is a solid game. The campaign is more of a character study rather than a balls to the wall action game. Its not trying to emulate another game but stay as authentic to what war is while still trying to be fun. This was its demise to most people, it wasnt a twitcher that you didnt have to think about. The story mattered, the cutscenes mattered, and with todays gamers, thats lost. If it is stimulated with an explained explosion or millions of lives in danger then it is written of as generic. This game is a solid title, but the expectations of it were its downfall, when you get the title "CoD killer" you are bound to fail. The graphics are on par and get the job done, nothing to write home about though, the gameplay is solid and works. Hit detection has almost no fault, multiplayer detection has some lag but that should be ironed out. The customization is in depth whether or not you cant customize your own class(create a class). The multiplayer game types are fast and frantic and have different game types, not much, but it keeps things fresh. The Fireteam is great addition to the game, and companies should blatantly ripoff, it works and keeps things balanced. The class system implemented in the game, even with its limitations on guns, is still balanced and fair. The point streaks are in no way overpowered.

This is solid game in its entirety, it has flaws but most games do. Its written of as generic because it doesnt tread far from the path, but the path it does take it is an interesting one, if your unsure about the game, rent it, try it out. This isnt a game for everyone, and the reviews show it. Thanks!
  33. Oct 27, 2012
    We here at GaminGuys.com are typical Xbox 360 users primarily, and MOH Warfighter goes against the grain from most FPS's we come across. If EA were to make one game better than Battlefield 3, it should be this game.

We think that the second you put a game against the C.O.D series you are doomed to fail in a big way, which is why the MOH trilogy is so exciting. It doesn't actually stand against any other game, it's the best of Battlefield running it's own course, the black sheep of FPS if you will.

We are hooked on every release of this game and the fact it's the rebel of the EA family, gives us cause to play it. We love everything about this game even the slightly glitchy movements of the character on campaign. It's Medal Of Honor People. Come on!
  34. Oct 27, 2012
    Fantastic game. It's not COD and you can't run around like a chicken with his head cut off, which is what I believe most people find disagreeable with the game. Firstly, basing this MOH of the previous MOH is a bad idea. The majority of reviewers and players already made up their mind about this game long before it was even released by simply remembering how much they loathed the 2010Fantastic game. It's not COD and you can't run around like a chicken with his head cut off, which is what I believe most people find disagreeable with the game. Firstly, basing this MOH of the previous MOH is a bad idea. The majority of reviewers and players already made up their mind about this game long before it was even released by simply remembering how much they loathed the 2010 version. I urge people not to do that. Everything terrible in that game has been removed here. The vast variety of weapons and characters is simply amazing; the ease of playing with friends is top of the line. Even if I'm not in the same fireteam as my friends I am on the same side, which is something many of the larger title games need to look at. Does it have issues? Of course. Find me a single game that doesn't at launch and I'll eat my own hat. But in my honest opinion the great things in this game far outweigh the bad. Keep your head up, don't get tunnel vision, and please oh please, don't play it like COD; if you do, you'll end up dying alot and then come here and write a terrible review telling people how horrible the hit detection is, how overpowered the guns are and how you can't believe EA would publish such garbage. Expand
  35. Oct 27, 2012
    Multiplayer is solid and very fun. The buddy system is the best thing ever invented for teamplay, gives a unique style. The campaign has several real missions, one example is the rescue of Captain Richard Phillips in 2009. Some may find it hard to play more tactically, but once learned is fantastic.
  36. Oct 28, 2012
    MOH Warfighter is a nice shooter with good graphics and lots of customisations that can make the game experience cooler every time with a nu configuration of customisations but it doesent have a good story like bf3 of cod mw3 and that ruins a little bit the game experience because you found yourself playing one day and you ask yourself why do y need to fight with the other team? i dontMOH Warfighter is a nice shooter with good graphics and lots of customisations that can make the game experience cooler every time with a nu configuration of customisations but it doesent have a good story like bf3 of cod mw3 and that ruins a little bit the game experience because you found yourself playing one day and you ask yourself why do y need to fight with the other team? i dont really have a reson ( like ww3 or russian vs american war ) Expand
  37. Oct 29, 2012
    Had to post after reading widespread panning by critics. The game is good, but in dire need of some patching. the gameplay is a good balance between the arcade style of CoD and the realism of BF3 with a truly unique multiplayer setup.
  38. Oct 30, 2012
    I have only played multiplayer, as that is all I care about.

GRAPHICS: Quality is improved from MOH2010. The real difference is the increase in contrast and strong colors that really pop out. MAPS: Map design is very creative and unique. Some levels are a little dark, but overall positive. Downside, some maps should allow for more players. What made MOHAA epic was that the maps made
    I have only played multiplayer, as that is all I care about.

MAPS: Map design is very creative and unique. Some levels are a little dark, but overall positive. Downside, some maps should allow for more players. What made MOHAA epic was that the maps made the player feel like they were in an actual war zone.
    USER INTERFACE: Clunky. Aesthetically, it was simple but merits no complaints. Layout/design, it is frustrating to easily find the information you want. Example: Figuring out how far away you are from unlocking a scope is not clear and obvious. You have to hunt for it, and even when you find it, the progress bar has no clear end. It's the edge of the screen? There needs to be a sense of urgency.
    WEAPONS: Weapon choice and customization is great! Again, the unlocking structure needs to be revamped. Lot's of ways to paint your weapon, customize load-outs, etc.
    GAMEPLAY: Controls are almost identical to the last MOH. It does feel quite a bit like BF3 when running and shooting - this can be a positive or negative.
  39. Oct 30, 2012
    I really do not understand all the bashing of this game by both the users or the critics. I only feel compelled to write this review because I feel the game is being grossly misrepresented as I have been having more fun than I ever had since BF3 and even prefer it to BLOPS. For the record I am a long time fan of both this series and COD and played all CODS (with the exception of MW3)I really do not understand all the bashing of this game by both the users or the critics. I only feel compelled to write this review because I feel the game is being grossly misrepresented as I have been having more fun than I ever had since BF3 and even prefer it to BLOPS. For the record I am a long time fan of both this series and COD and played all CODS (with the exception of MW3) dating back to when COD still was actually about real wars. I played the last MOH but forgot all about it when BLOPS was released.

Is this game perfect? No. However it differentiates itself from the competition and executes far more right than it does wrong. This game appeals to the type of FPS fan that prefers to get their kills themselves rather than having a bot do it for them. If you are playing this to see something never before seen in gaming then you will be disappointed because that is not its intent. If having tons of real world customizable weapons, excellent character animations and visceral fire fights sounds appealing then pick this up. Two issues people seem most legitimately upset about are the menus and glitches. There are glitches but I cannot recall one of these games that did not have glitches upon release and I have already seen most issues that existed day one resolved. The menus are not broken., just different. I did not like them at first but once acclimated they were fine and since there is so much more you can do in the way of customization their manifold nature is understandable.

MOH appeals to certain sensibilities that , according to the other reviews, are not valued by most. More Michael Mann than Jerry Bruckheimer, this game is not for everyone but if it fits your palette you are in for a deliciously satisfying meal.
  40. Oct 31, 2012
    Personally i think medal of honor warfighter, while plagued with a hand full of launch glitches, still manages to entertain, while looking beautiful doing it. Is it a game changer when it comes to the tier 1 shooters out there.... No not at all. But the new installment of the series by no means disappoints. The multi-player is pretty responsive and the maps look great, however very blandPersonally i think medal of honor warfighter, while plagued with a hand full of launch glitches, still manages to entertain, while looking beautiful doing it. Is it a game changer when it comes to the tier 1 shooters out there.... No not at all. But the new installment of the series by no means disappoints. The multi-player is pretty responsive and the maps look great, however very bland would be the adjective i would use to some up some of its layout and design. No matter how u look at it, this is a game that will either bring joy or frustration to a player. Expand
  41. Nov 2, 2012
    I think this game is aweosome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  42. Nov 17, 2012
    I'm mostly going to talk about the multiplayer. The single player was fun but the AI is completely stupid and worthless. It's a pop and shoot gallery where you MUST wait to follow your squad captain or you'll be punished and killed almost instantly. But the multiplayer is where this game really shines for me. It sits in a perfect place between the fast combat of COD and the tactics of BF3.I'm mostly going to talk about the multiplayer. The single player was fun but the AI is completely stupid and worthless. It's a pop and shoot gallery where you MUST wait to follow your squad captain or you'll be punished and killed almost instantly. But the multiplayer is where this game really shines for me. It sits in a perfect place between the fast combat of COD and the tactics of BF3. The fireteam system is really really great. Also the peak and lean, run and slide mechanics are truly awesome. When I play other FPS games now, I always try to peak and lean and get ammo from a buddy, but it never works. These couple things really make the game great. There are still some bugs, but I'm confident they will be fixed as a lot have been already. It's really a fun game and I would suggest it to anyone who wants a more tactical team based multiplayer experience. Expand
  43. Nov 25, 2012
    Medal of Honor Warfighter is a great game that runs off of Battlefield 3's realistic Frostbite 2 engine and is a direct sequel to Medal of Honor. Set in Modern day Medal of Honor Warfighter shows off the hard work tier 1 operators participate in to keep us free. Campaign plot: Preacher is a tier 1 operative who has been to hell and back in order to protect his country yet his wife wants toMedal of Honor Warfighter is a great game that runs off of Battlefield 3's realistic Frostbite 2 engine and is a direct sequel to Medal of Honor. Set in Modern day Medal of Honor Warfighter shows off the hard work tier 1 operators participate in to keep us free. Campaign plot: Preacher is a tier 1 operative who has been to hell and back in order to protect his country yet his wife wants to seperate from him because he does not reveal important war information to her, and is gone most of the time. Preacher recalls the events in which he has been through while his wife makes him feel depressed. Multiplayer: Each team is made up of Warfighters, men of different nationalities who have trademark skill in their respective weapons and tactics. Warfare is realistic and addicting as each team of Warfighters fight for victory. My opinion: I believe this is a great game despite what the majority of the community thinks. If you liked Battlefield 3 you will like this otherwise you are a hater. There is nothing wrong with this game as well it looks and plays amazing and will pump adrenaline throughout you. Expand
  44. Dec 30, 2012
    By far one of the best shooters out. Not really a black ops guy. The frostbite system kills it. The graphics are amazing as we'll as the guns and story line. Just wish it had a longer campaign.
  45. Mar 8, 2013
    I've played just about 1st and 3rd person shooter on the xbox market and I have to say (regardless of what others say) that this is a fun game. Important note I am only critiquing the single-player campaign, not the multiplayer. Does it have the top notch graphics No. Does it do anything different that another shoot hasn't already done No. Does the story sort of suck Yes. But forI've played just about 1st and 3rd person shooter on the xbox market and I have to say (regardless of what others say) that this is a fun game. Important note I am only critiquing the single-player campaign, not the multiplayer. Does it have the top notch graphics No. Does it do anything different that another shoot hasn't already done No. Does the story sort of suck Yes. But for the $30 I payed, it kept me fully entertained and I don't feel like I got gyped. I remember playing every Medal of Honor game that came out for the PC, enjoying each one of them. Of course once I complete the single-player campaign, this'll probably sit with my other games gathering dust. But I bought this game knowing not to expect something other than a first person shooter which has you completing different levels with a few tricks here and there. I figured I could've spent my $30 on a movie or something else but I wanted something which would keep me engrossed for a few days and so far I've been playing this for the last couple of weeks. If you compare this game against other first shooters, you'll probably give this game a low score. But if you compare this game on the basis of entertainment regardless of the cheeky story, it's not bad. It's some of the same old 1st person shooter stuff but you can see the effort that went into it to make it a little more than average than the typical shooter. I'm glad I spent the money on this one mainly for the entertainment it's given me so far. Besides, there are some really cool parts in it. I've been disappointed by a lot of other 1st person shooters but this is not one of them. I wouldn't pay over $30 for it but I'm glad I got it. Expand
  46. Oct 23, 2012
    The people writing these "reviews" really need to grow up. They also need to actually play the game. No one who actually put down the cash for this would so quickly go against it in such a way, nor would they be attacking it for being "just another military shooter". The people who bought this game knew exactly what they were getting. It's not like they brought it home expecting an rpg. ItThe people writing these "reviews" really need to grow up. They also need to actually play the game. No one who actually put down the cash for this would so quickly go against it in such a way, nor would they be attacking it for being "just another military shooter". The people who bought this game knew exactly what they were getting. It's not like they brought it home expecting an rpg. It seems the user reviews section of this site has devolved to little more than a message board for the young and ignorant. Used for little more than to try and devalue anything that someone doesn't like. Really, it's pathetic. Despite what you may think, your opinions in a lowly user review really has no impact on how the game is going to do, nor what the popular opinion of the game is. Especially when they are used for little more than a display of your ignorance concerning the product itself. Here's how it goes. This is a modern military shooter. No more, no less. If that's something you have enjoyed in the past, then chances are you will enjoy this. The beta, for those who played it, is a good indication of what you should expect from multiplayer, being that the game would have changed little from the beta release to now. I have yet to delve much into the multiplayer, so I can't fairly critique it as a whole. That said, the gunplay is solid, with weighty weapon feel and the hit detection seems largely on-point. The game does enough different to set it apart from the other modern military shooters on the market,creating it's own identity and more than justifying it's spot on store shelves. It's also worth a mention that the game, much like Battlefield 3, offers a texture pack, which will improve the overall graphical fidelity of the game, being that that was much of an issue for people during the beta. As for the singleplayer, as from what I have experienced so far, the game holds up to what was on offer in Medal of Honor 2010. That is to say, it's one of the better stories to be found in this type of game. Don't expect, in any way, grandiose storytelling , but there seems to be a cast of fairly likeable characters and the missions thus far were thoroughly enjoyable. That said, I wouldn't expect much more than the five to six hours that is usually the norm for games such as this. Overall, this is a thoroughly enjoyable game. While it won't sway the opinion of those who actively appose the genre as a whole, people who take to these sort of games shouldn't leave disappointed. While in no way groundbreaking, this game has a lot going for it. Expand
  47. Oct 25, 2012
    Okay first things first, I'm not really sure why this game is getting such bad reviews. I've only played about 2 missions into the story and the graphics are solid, the cutscenes are gorgeous, and the gameplay is pretty fun. The first MoH story was awesome and was ultimately the reason why I got this new one. Well that and because of the Beta on the 360. The thing that really shines for meOkay first things first, I'm not really sure why this game is getting such bad reviews. I've only played about 2 missions into the story and the graphics are solid, the cutscenes are gorgeous, and the gameplay is pretty fun. The first MoH story was awesome and was ultimately the reason why I got this new one. Well that and because of the Beta on the 360. The thing that really shines for me is the multiplayer. Okay the graphics aren't great online, but who cares! The gameplay is fantastic, it really seems like they took the best parts from both BF3 and MW3. Lots and lots of Gun customization, nice sized maps, and people that don't give a **** about their K/D's and actually play the objective. Me and my brother are really trying to figure out all the hate for this game. I realize EA sucks and they are insanely money hungry, but that doesn't mean that they don't have dedicated game designers who clearly still care what the people want. No it's not the most original game ever made, but it was executed very well and I think people should at least give it a chance. Expand
  48. Oct 26, 2012
    Let me start by saying that I am not going to waste my time with the single player. The xbox 360 version has the multiplayer client as the first disc, enough said. Now let's talk about the weaknesses. The graphics are definitely not top-notch, but there are some decent visuals because the lighting and shadow effects are pretty decent. The trade-off to sacrificing some visual fidelityLet me start by saying that I am not going to waste my time with the single player. The xbox 360 version has the multiplayer client as the first disc, enough said. Now let's talk about the weaknesses. The graphics are definitely not top-notch, but there are some decent visuals because the lighting and shadow effects are pretty decent. The trade-off to sacrificing some visual fidelity is the fact that you have a solid framerate which yields a more consistent experience if implemented well enough in the netcode, which Danger Close does. The map designs feel pretty solid with a decent amount of cover, but no overwhelming camp-sites. I often find myself in firefight that lasts more than a quarter of a second with opponents using cover to decent effect. Is this a CoD killer, no - CoD is a CoD killer. Honestly, what more do you expect from a multiplayer-centric game than equitable experiences which this game provides in spades. Don't believe me, just read the reviews - they all trash the single player and say the multiplayer is solid but not presenting anything new. I would agree with that statement except to add that I find all of the features implemented to a greater effect than in any other multiplayer shooter to date. It is not a genre redefining game, it is a solid multiplayer experience, one that is very welcome to this veteran of the genre. While the menu interface is awkwardly designed in favor of a pc control scheme it is not 'broken' as some would have you believe. Lastly, EA brings us another dedicated server, with a filter enabled browser for the win! That is yet another reason this game has garnered so much of my support. Let's start asking some of these other companies, hey, why can't you do that, and support those that do. Just my two cents, take it for that and enjoy the rest of your life. Expand
  49. Oct 27, 2012
    The Singleplayer's are all short nowadays because the consoles need some serious upgrades. I think once the new consoles come out, the campaigns will likely get longer, and we will likely end up with more disc's per game. The multiplayer is buggy sometimes, but head shots make the difference. Train yourself to get those headshots, suddenly multiplayer is a lot easier. Choke points areThe Singleplayer's are all short nowadays because the consoles need some serious upgrades. I think once the new consoles come out, the campaigns will likely get longer, and we will likely end up with more disc's per game. The multiplayer is buggy sometimes, but head shots make the difference. Train yourself to get those headshots, suddenly multiplayer is a lot easier. Choke points are an issue? Welcome to realism, time for those frags and proximity mines and other techniques.

Obvious bugs, and occasional disconnects...but that has become the standard I am afraid.
  50. Oct 27, 2012
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter is a fun, enjoyable, and unique game. I'm sure most peop,e might read the first sentence of this review and say 'Unique? It's a military shooter! What's unique about it?'. And they have a point. The campaign is the usual mission filled, Mr. Amazing Soldier, and riddled with explosions story we all know. But that's why this review gives the game an 8. TheMedal of Honor: Warfighter is a fun, enjoyable, and unique game. I'm sure most peop,e might read the first sentence of this review and say 'Unique? It's a military shooter! What's unique about it?'. And they have a point. The campaign is the usual mission filled, Mr. Amazing Soldier, and riddled with explosions story we all know. But that's why this review gives the game an 8. The multiplayer, however, is a well-balanced mix of the team based MP of Battlefield 3 and the Go it Alone, You'll be Fine MP of Call of Duty. You and another player are a fireteam of 2, working together to complete objectives and rack up kills. I'm very fond of this approach because you don't have to follow around 5 other players to win, but you aren't completely alone either. The customization is impressive too, and it's fun to experiment with all sorts of different combos. The game does have it's glitches and bugs, and it is still a military shooter, but it's a bit of a breath of fresh air. Obviously this game hasn't gotten ther best reviews, so i highly suggest watching some videos of gameplay.The End. Expand
  51. Oct 28, 2012
    I really don't understand how other people rate first person shooters anymore. What makes a new game creative or generic? I seem to have different tastes then the mass media corporate review websites such as FOX-IGN and CBS-Gamespot. I seem to like different things from the vast majority of players.

With that said I enjoy MOH Warfighter. I log on with my friend who I have been playing FPS games with for 3 years now. We have a game where we can spawn on each other and back each other up like we can in Battlefield 3. We have a game where we can earn killstreaks like in Call of Duty. This game kind of takes the best idea from multiple genres and blends them. I guess I enjoy the blend.
  52. Oct 28, 2012
    I've honestly been very surprised with this game, despite some bugs during launch such as graphical errors, glitches, etc - they've mostly been patched. While many say that this game is very bland and like "every other FPS" , I'll have to disagree. This decision is due to a few things. One being the "warfighter system" they've put into multiplayer. Since when in either CoD or BF3 could youI've honestly been very surprised with this game, despite some bugs during launch such as graphical errors, glitches, etc - they've mostly been patched. While many say that this game is very bland and like "every other FPS" , I'll have to disagree. This decision is due to a few things. One being the "warfighter system" they've put into multiplayer. Since when in either CoD or BF3 could you change the nationality of your characters? I found that to be very nice since it allowed me to not be "Team 1" but rather selecting one of twelve tier one operating groups ranging from the British SAS and Polish GROM to the South Korean ROKN. The second reason I enjoyed this game was the customization. With the twelve groups and six classes - That gives you 72 combo's (not counting weapons and weapon customization). The gun modeling is also superb and firing them in-game gives a nice feel and recoil that is noticeably absent in most shooters and it adds a nice touch by putting signature camo's and scopes into the game (One being a nice optical sniper scope that has built in iron sights attached to it). The classes are varied by far which I enjoy, despite not having the option to change your secondary weapon and a few weapons are a bit un-balanaced (however by changing the effective range of your weapons you can counter the issue by either having superior range or a better CQB loadout). Yet this game is not with it flaws. One game mode - Sector control (Domination) has some difficulties do to some maps that make spawn camping somewhat easy, as well as some bad spawns (I've had the occasion where I'm at our spawn and an enemy will spawn in front of me, although this has been very rare for the time I've played). Overall, I wish people gave this game a little bit more credit for what it's trying to do - It doesn't feel like the strongest of FPS's but it definitely has some unique factors and a nice graphically designed multiplayer that is very enjoyable. PS: If you are planning on getting this - it's very important you have someone to play it with. Expand
  53. Oct 29, 2012
    So far I've loved playing this game! The MP mode takes a little getting used to - like most new titles - but once I learned the maps and tactical play requirement, I started loving it! It's not a "run and gun" fps. Working closely with your buddy as part of a two - player fire team is crucial to dominating, which is something I like. I think this element leads to game play that's moreSo far I've loved playing this game! The MP mode takes a little getting used to - like most new titles - but once I learned the maps and tactical play requirement, I started loving it! It's not a "run and gun" fps. Working closely with your buddy as part of a two - player fire team is crucial to dominating, which is something I like. I think this element leads to game play that's more realistic than most fps games. If I have one criticism, it's destruction. As a Battlefield 3 player with over 500 hours on MP, I had high expectations for the graphics and destruction since MoH:WF uses Frostbite 2 graphics engine. Overall, MoH:WF delivers, but Battlefield 3 outdoes it in one category: environment destruction. Granted, MoH:WF is good in this category, but it's not at the same level as BF3.
    The game is geared toward MP mode as the campaign is fairly short - a lot like Modern Warfare 2 (about 6 or 7 hours). The SP mode is still very good and is a "must play"! Players learn to use the different MP mode weapons and tactics. As you achieve rank in MP, you unlock a new soldier and all their gun camos, weapons, scopes, etc. (There are 72 soldiers total.) This makes for dynamic fire team play! Ranking up is much like Battlefield 3: lower scores to rank up initially, with more points needed as you advance. Before you know it, you have a soldier with a weapon and play style that suits you.
    I also like the response time from EA/ Danger Close to community bug reports. Initially, one map was plagued with a "spawn in under the map" bug (Somalia map), which is already fixed along with several other community - reported bugs. Great customer service, in my opinion! These fixes have made MP even more enjoyable.
    Here are some "bare bones" scores:
    SP campaign - 7.5. The campaign is a little short - 6 - 7 hours - for a major title. However, it sets up MP mode, has a character driven story, and is action packed with vehicle & boat sections, some intense firefights (especially on harder settings), and lots of weapons and "other military equipment" to use.
    Graphics - 7.0. MoH:WF could make better use of the Frostbite 2 engine like BF3. Instead of Battlefield - like destruction, that's traded for richly detailed environments and explosive sounds. Rainy, night time sections of SP campaign are very realistic!
    MP Mode - 8.5. Once players learn the maps and play tactically, the game comes alive! The fire team system makes coordinating tactical movements (like flanking, covering an alley or objective, or suppressing enemies) easier than the 4 - player BF3 squads. EA/ Danger Close have responded quickly to bug reports with game improving patches. The variety of MP modes (5 or 6) make it a game with something for everyone.
    Overall appeal - 9.0. MoH is a well known series. It delivers on its promise to provide a "varied multiplayer experience" and "realistic action". It challenges players to adapt run and gun play styles to more strategic, tactical game play (in SP and MP modes). Graphics and sound are both excellent. A creative and realistic story gives players a taste of life from a Tier 1 military operator's pov, definitely exciting. Immersive SP environments help draw players into their world.
    Overall rating - 8.0. My averaged scores (above) give MoH:WF an 8.0. I think that this score will rise providing EA/ Danger Close continue responding promptly to community bug and glitch reports. (The same thing that happened to bf3 when it was released.)
  54. Oct 30, 2012
    (Xbox 360)
    Don't be fooled, this is game is great. for me it's an 8. Just creeped in, a low 8 but an nonetheless.
    Short story:
    Graphics:9
    Sound:8.5
    Presentation:5.5
  55. Oct 31, 2012
    I liked this game.......well sometimes. The single player is just a normal story comparable to Call of Duty. The multiplayer feels like a different style....a new competitor. I love the class system and the game looks beautiful.
  56. Oct 31, 2012
    I have been gaming since the mid-1980's and I have never seen a game this good get reviewed so badly. The fact of the matter is that this game is really quite good. The campaign is along the lines of a Call of Duty campaign in terms of gameplay. There is a lot of door breaching, which is fine for me because you can unlock different methods of door breaching and I enjoyed using all of them.I have been gaming since the mid-1980's and I have never seen a game this good get reviewed so badly. The fact of the matter is that this game is really quite good. The campaign is along the lines of a Call of Duty campaign in terms of gameplay. There is a lot of door breaching, which is fine for me because you can unlock different methods of door breaching and I enjoyed using all of them. The story is fairly standard-fare for the genre with some nice looks into how their lifestyle affects their personal relationships and a particularly moving scene during the ending. If you like the campaigns in other first person shooters, you will like the campaign in this game. One thing that sets this game apart is it's lean feature which allows you to peak and shoot around corners or over objects. It is quite useful and it you're smart, you will use it frequently. The campaign isn't as difficult as other shooters so I recommend starting out on hard. I don't think most people will have a problem with it.

The multiplayer is also quite good. There are 5 classes: sniper, assaulter, demolitions, heavy gunner, point man, and spec ops. Each of them has their own special ability and their own killstreaks. The gameplay is pretty good. The weapons are well-balanced right from the start -- unlike other FPS'. The gameplay is slower and more tactical than most other first person shooters. If you run and gun in this game, you will get your butt handed to you frequently. Use the lean system frequently. Many people will complain about various things in multiplayer and most of them amount to whining. Many people complain about the red aura and the hit detection. The red aura I am talking about is that during a "core" gametype, if you kill someone's fireteam buddy (fireteams are 2 man groups), that person will be able to see your aura through walls for a second or two. If this sounds stupid to you, just play Real Ops, which is the equivalent of "hardcore". In Real Ops, player health and bullet damage are basically the same as in other gametypes, but there is no HUD, no map, and no red aura to worry about. The hit detection complaint revolves around the issue that, from time to time, you will shoot someone and you will be killed and find out that your bullets didn't seem to do the damage you thought they would. I don't know where this problem occurs from because the hit detection in this game seems to be fine 98% of the time. Lag in the game seems to be virtually non-existent. The games are always smooth and you will rarely ever get killed around corners like you would in Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty.

This game isn't perfect. For instance, there are some glitched achievements, but overall this game is really good and, despite what most reviews online will tell you, this game is definitely worth playing.
  57. Oct 31, 2012
    First of all, don't listen to the negative reviews, they are either COD fan boys, BF fan boys, Halo, whatever, or just don't know what they are talking about. For instance, here is the underlying irrational-ism of the negative reviewers. Campaign is linear, hellooo, like COD and BF aren't, plus COD has trigger points, that sucks worse. Copies other games. Okay, so it takes good ideas fromFirst of all, don't listen to the negative reviews, they are either COD fan boys, BF fan boys, Halo, whatever, or just don't know what they are talking about. For instance, here is the underlying irrational-ism of the negative reviewers. Campaign is linear, hellooo, like COD and BF aren't, plus COD has trigger points, that sucks worse. Copies other games. Okay, so it takes good ideas from COD (perks), mechanics such as prone, gunsmith like GRFS, puts them together and that is bad ? Isn't bad when the other games do it, but here it is, go figure. A big plus is the peek and lean, tell me how MOH figures it out, yet bad boy COD can't (not on consoles) ? That's a major fail for the competition, for it should have been standard years ago. Campaign being too short, well, playing it on puss mode as they obviously have does make it short. COD and BF, Homefront, again, whatever, all have short campaigns, unless you play it on hardest difficulty like I do, then you won't see no 3-7 hour campaign completions the first time around. Plus, these are all made for MP, SP is not the priority here with these types of games. You want a long campaign, go play Batman or Bio Shock, or Red Dead. MP maps, eh, that's a personal preference, not a factor. Graphics, obviously they could be better, but I have a 55 inch LG with HDMI hookup, and I have no complaints, a few biffs here and there, but not due to clarity or detail problems. You want to give a game a low score, go play GRFS, and then MOH and tell me how much this game suck trying to play it,cuz GR was a bitter disappointment that promised to kill all other shooters, and majorly failed with poor connection and now, empty game rooms, you won't see that in MOH. Game play is good, it's a good in between game for COD and BF when you need a break from that, and that happens all to often because of cheap guns, cheap game play and with COD, way too many kiddies in the room. Generic, yeah, so what, it's Blue V Red, and that's what you get, plain and simple, yes, but that's what I expected, and that's what I got, so what's the big deal ? The big deal is that there are too many crybabies, and fan boys that offer irrational, diluted and biased opinions with no cognitive thought what so ever, ignore them. Like I always say, rent or buy the game, play a demo, do anything else but listen to fools bark at the moon, play it yourself, only Y-O-U can decide if it is the game for you, these people didn't like it (if they played it), that's fine, but to steer people away from it with their bellyaching is not conducive to giving a true review, it just basically amounts to just wasted space, and that's what I see here in these reviews, a lot of wasted space. Expand
  58. Nov 4, 2012
    I am seriously blown away by all the hate towards this game. It's completely unwarranted. The graphics are stellar and the sound is even better. There are some truly cool moments in the single player campaign (including an awesome car chase sequence and the breeching scenes). Yes, the multiplayer has some issues, like the very unfriendly menu system, but otherwise, the fireteam buddy setupI am seriously blown away by all the hate towards this game. It's completely unwarranted. The graphics are stellar and the sound is even better. There are some truly cool moments in the single player campaign (including an awesome car chase sequence and the breeching scenes). Yes, the multiplayer has some issues, like the very unfriendly menu system, but otherwise, the fireteam buddy setup is an interesting addition, and the maps and classes are well-balanced. If you're into first person military shooters, you will like this game. I get the impression a lot of the negativity is coming from self-righteous reviewers that feel they need to punish this game because they weren't given an advance copy, and gamers that feel the FPS genre is stale. If you don't like FPS - don't play them. However, I love them, and play them almost exclusively, and this is a long way from the worst one I've ever played. If you enjoyed the 2010 MoH, or more recently Battlefield 3, you'll get a kick out of this. Expand
  59. Nov 5, 2012
    INTRODUCTION:

Medal of Honor: Warfighter is a sequel to the 2010 reboot of the Medal of Honor Series. The game features your usual single player campaign along with a generic multiplayer, but that doesn
  60. Nov 5, 2012
    just need to put somethings out there. i am tired of games that hold your hand. i do not like corridor type shooters and i believe that call of duty has ruined fps's in this regard. now on to how i feel about this game. i loved the story of the 2010 reboot of moh even though the gameplay of the game was terrible i still though it was a great storyline. i also believed that the originaljust need to put somethings out there. i am tired of games that hold your hand. i do not like corridor type shooters and i believe that call of duty has ruined fps's in this regard. now on to how i feel about this game. i loved the story of the 2010 reboot of moh even though the gameplay of the game was terrible i still though it was a great storyline. i also believed that the original multiplayer was terrible due to the fact that it wasnt fleshed out enough. the options of weapons, character classes and modes was incredibly boring. on to warfighter. the campaign still has the same ho hum funneled combat system. however i think the story and campaign once again make the single player campaign worth playing. there are certain games where i believe the story is worth getting through the horrific gameplay a la homefront. with that said lets talk about why people really buy such games.. multiplayer. i am a avid m/p gamer. i've played everything from cod (which i abhor), bc2, mag, brink, bf3 and the moh.

my main concern with any multiplayer game is that it is team and objective based. i have no interest in playing team deathmatch or free for all. running around in circles killing people. brink was amongst the best m/p i have every played and i believe mag completely blew the competition away with its open ended class system and huge objective based battles. i am a veteran and i love communicating with people to get an objective completed. so witth that said here is what i think.

moh warfighter does a amazing job in creating a hybrid if you will of combining the run and gun of cod and the teamwork of bf3. it does this by implimenting there six classes so well. you have 6 classes in the game on top of the 12 or so nations respective teir 1 operators. each of the classes has its own perk and loadouts which can not be changed. while i usually favor customization over set classes i do believe that moh did a great job creating the classes to fit within its maps parameters. i.e. the pointman has a perk of where you can use 'hot ammo' or piercing ammo and he can take down the demolitions specialist quicker than anyone else. however hot ammo is harder to shoot than normal ammo because it has more recoil. the demo spec has added armor and can use this by pressing up on the control pad. however once initiated he is unable to walk. he also has the ability to arm and disarm bombs faster than any other class. its a wonderful paper rock scissors system. the fireteam system is amazing when you are actually communicating with a teammate. i found my friend and i were completely relying on each other. playing as you would in a real situation. calling out enemies, screaming 'im reloading' to allow the other to grant cover to whomever was reloading and communicating on which score streak was most needed: either the offensive or the defensive streak. it was marvelous. no throughout my 20 hrs of playing on m/p i have no encountered any glitches or game ending bugs. i think the sound is amazing as it usually has been since bad company. the weapons feel great and i love the customization. i was surprised at first with the graphics.. it wasnt as photo realistic as i thought it would be. however after 2 hrs it severly grew on me. people have a hard time forgetting that the reason why we play games in the first place is fun. i have had no less fun with this than i have had with other m/p games. i enjoyed the game modes and of course could always use more. i like how call of duty has 18 or so game modes, its just a shame that the game sucks due to its inability to create any sort of teamwork or communication other than racial and homophobic slurs. if you want a solid game look no further. if you have someone to play with believe me this is a worthy alternative to bf3 of which i absolutely love. i played brink and was able to look past the texture pop in's short campaign and lack of community however i still pop it in because it was incredibly creative and fun and thats what i believe moh: warfighter does.
  61. Nov 6, 2012
    As a military shooter junkie, MOHW is perfect for me, slip through the single player on the difficulties, then jump into the real meat: multiplayer. you have to be strategic, fire in bursts, accumilate pointstreaks wisely, communicate with your team mate. If you are into semi-realistic military action oneline and have a friend to join you, then have at it. If you're on the fence: wait forAs a military shooter junkie, MOHW is perfect for me, slip through the single player on the difficulties, then jump into the real meat: multiplayer. you have to be strategic, fire in bursts, accumilate pointstreaks wisely, communicate with your team mate. If you are into semi-realistic military action oneline and have a friend to join you, then have at it. If you're on the fence: wait for the battlechest edition for all the maps and bugs to be ironed out, it'll be cheap, high quality and content. it's a shame they fought to grab the Halo 4 and BO2 audience with an unfinished project rather than let the vast majority of the public enjoy they're rehashed sequels before offering something polished and new, especially since this will be the last MOH/BF game until the new consoles in 2014. But if MOHW has the bugs squashed, they'll be no better military fps on the playform for this console generation. Expand
  62. Nov 11, 2012
    The latest instalment in the Medal of Honor franchise, "Warfighter", is nothing short of breath-taking, the campaign is fast paced, and action packed, and has some of the most impressive sets, ever seen in a FPS. The core mechanics of the game work great, as you have come to expect from the series. That said it is not flawless... The Multiplayer of the game, has a number of problems still,The latest instalment in the Medal of Honor franchise, "Warfighter", is nothing short of breath-taking, the campaign is fast paced, and action packed, and has some of the most impressive sets, ever seen in a FPS. The core mechanics of the game work great, as you have come to expect from the series. That said it is not flawless... The Multiplayer of the game, has a number of problems still, even after early patching. Namely teleporting out of the map, falling through the map, stats not working, Trophies / Achievements not unlocking, and a host of other problems that should have been sorted out by time the beta was finished. If your thinking of trying this game, it is worthwhile, even though a bit unfinished. Expand
  63. Jan 31, 2013
    Medal Of Honor Warfighter is the most under rated game of 2012. With the release of crack of duty, Halo 4 and Borderlands 2 this game was overlooked by the FPS community. Most just took the critics word for it that it sucked. The average critic bashed it more than likely because they didn't get their copies before release ( cry babies). Sure the game has its faults but all games do andMedal Of Honor Warfighter is the most under rated game of 2012. With the release of crack of duty, Halo 4 and Borderlands 2 this game was overlooked by the FPS community. Most just took the critics word for it that it sucked. The average critic bashed it more than likely because they didn't get their copies before release ( cry babies). Sure the game has its faults but all games do and none are perfect. Anybody that has played BF3 knows this is true. Is the campaign repetitive? Well in terms of killing waves of enemies moving to next check point and the same thing happening I guess. There are good breaks in the campaign specifically the driving missions which to me was a good break and very well done. If you took MOH-W driving missions and compared them to any COD driving mission it makes COD's attempt laughable. With that being said all shooters are repetitive in the same ways with killing waves of enemies and moving up so you cant take away points from a game for this because all shooters do it. I guess the question is why does COD, BF3, Halo, Ghost Recon not suffer in score for repetitiveness in the campaigns? It seems to me that something behind the scenes went on to get the bad score.

Campaign Rating Gameplay 9.0 Story 9.5 Voice acting 10 (There is almost nothing worse than bad voice acting to ruin the mood of a campaign) Dialog between characters 10 (not one cheesy bit of dialog in this game) Graphics 8.5 Musical Score 9.0 Cinematics 10 Some of the best Ive seen so far

After playing the campaign I have to say that MOH-W excels in all that I look for in a FPS campaign. I would have liked if they would have chosen some different avenues like letting the player have control of the sky diving parts, adding destructible environments on a BC2 level, and maybe some under water tasks for the navy seals to spice it up some. But all in all a solid campaign

Multiplayer experience
    I have made it to level 100 so I have soaked in this game unlike the 1 week playtime review you get from major critics. With that being said the Multiplayer is fun with friends and annoying with random players as is with all shooters. Fireman team is a good idea but needs tweaking in game. There is no way to link up in game with a friend you have to be in the Fireteam before you search for a game. Map design is really good designed to create lots of action and the new Hotspot game mode is killer. To me its one of the best game modes I have played in a shooter. Plenty of gun camos which I love, some weapon attachments leave you with a disadvantage. All classes have there uniqueness to them. The Assault class is the most popular since they have the most powerful guns. Getting ammo and health can be annoying at times and I wish they would have done something similar to BF3 with that. Real Ops/Hardcore is the way to go with MOH-W taking away the red glow of enemy characters, also leaving you with no hud and not letting you know if you killed the guy. Menu layout takes some getting use to but it is refreshing and unique.
    Explosions get to be excessive at times with what seems like 100 yard grenade throws, Point streaks seem easier to get in this game and can get out of hand at times. In my experience with this game I give it a total score of 8 its just not bad enough to get a 5. Multiplayer Rating
    Gameplay 9.0
    Map Design 8.0
    Game Modes 8.5
    Weapons 8.0 Gun Sounds 8.0

Yes I know this has been out for a while now and Im late to the review table but I think this game deserves some credit, so I wanted to give it some
  64. Oct 30, 2012
    Basically buy this game is you like action games or even action films :))

1. Dec 18, 2012
    Decidedly 'meh.' [Jan 2013, p.64]
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    Bland, glitchy, linear to a fault and hopelessly redundant. You could go your whole life without playing this and not miss anything. [Jan 2013, p.72]
    Okay in short bursts, but there's no reason to play single-player. A huge missed opportunity on EA's part and another year it won't be taking COD's crown. [Issue#92, p.78]