6.8

1. Aug 23, 2011
    Medal Of Honor sports great visuals, slick presentation and deep realism. But being based on a conflict that is still fresh in our minds means never having the balls to go places that Call Of Duty and similar titles can. Gritty but very routine.
  2. Feb 28, 2011
    In my opinion, Medal Of Honor is not majorly flawed as some say, sure it has minor issues with regards to lacklustre AI and the never-ending spawning of enemies. Nonetheless, an emotionally charged story along with satisfying gun play will provide you a good nights worth of entertainment. Too bad the campaign didn't last longer.
  3. Jun 20, 2011
    Medal of Honor tries to do a lot of things, and in some cases succeeds, but that isn't always the case sadly. It is split in to two separate games basically, the single player made by Danger Close and the Multiplayer made by DICE. The single players has a story that is more emotional than other war games and some parts that really made me feel like I was one of the Tier 1 soldiers. TheMedal of Honor tries to do a lot of things, and in some cases succeeds, but that isn't always the case sadly. It is split in to two separate games basically, the single player made by Danger Close and the Multiplayer made by DICE. The single players has a story that is more emotional than other war games and some parts that really made me feel like I was one of the Tier 1 soldiers. The game is very realistic and has quite a few fun moments. Unfortunately, most of the parts in the single player are look and shoot at still enemies. Yes, there are other parts such as an ATV level and a level where you pilot a helicopter, but even then you can't shoot while on the ATV or even steer the chopper. The graphics are very good, for the most part. There were some moments where the frame rate dropped significantly and there were other times texture pop ins were a major issue. But overall, the graphics were great and some textures really shined. The voice acting and sound are fantastic, and the explosion sounds were some of the best parts of the game. If I purely graded the game based on the single player, the game would receive an 8, but due to the multiplayer this isn't so. The graphics are the same from the single player, but it isn't the same game by any means. The multiplayer is class based, which I found ironic because I felt that most everyone sniped or ran out in the open like an idiot. The maps felt very, very small, especially after Bad Company 2. I felt limited to where I could go, mainly because I was. There were countless moments I was told "RETURN TO BATTLE" because I was pushing too much. In my opinion, that shouldn't happen. The main thing that brought this game lower was its length which was way too short. I recommend this game as rent, just to play it, but definitely not a purchase. Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2011
    At $19.99 I decided to give MOH a try. WOW... amazing, amazing game. Some quirks here and there, but the story line is deep and easy to relate to. For those who finished the campaign (shorty), the game is clearly a homage to service men, and must be played in that context. If you want a fast point shoot and bomb game, this is not for you as the experience is closer to cinematography.At $19.99 I decided to give MOH a try. WOW... amazing, amazing game. Some quirks here and there, but the story line is deep and easy to relate to. For those who finished the campaign (shorty), the game is clearly a homage to service men, and must be played in that context. If you want a fast point shoot and bomb game, this is not for you as the experience is closer to cinematography.

Online is below average, if not poor. Giving a 9 (maybe should be 7) crediting the story.
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    I love this game. Wery good single compaign and great multiplayer - even better than CoD4:MW. Super graphics and sound and pace of the game. I'm waiting for MOH2.
  6. Nov 9, 2012
    I cannot recall a more bland, tasteless experience in all my years of gaming. I'm one of those guys who liked both Halo and CoD despite their flaws, but holy @#$% this was boring. Medal of honor warfighter is the gaming equivalent to eating cardboard. With so many great games coming out this month, you'd have to be insane or an accountant to even give this nonsense a second glance.
  7. Dec 12, 2011
    I enjoyed MOH's campaign as it is one of the first military shooters I have played in a long time that has a REAL story based off of REAL people. It was told well and had some fun variations, to any of you who say otherwise oh my bad let me recommend CoD for its fantastic "go here, go there, follow this guy, shoot him, shoot him but oh NO don't kill him, crawl through this here bush,I enjoyed MOH's campaign as it is one of the first military shooters I have played in a long time that has a REAL story based off of REAL people. It was told well and had some fun variations, to any of you who say otherwise oh my bad let me recommend CoD for its fantastic "go here, go there, follow this guy, shoot him, shoot him but oh NO don't kill him, crawl through this here bush, random dramtic part, end....." That is rpetitive especially since it's repeated for EVERY GAME IN THAT FRANCHISE, but I digress. Onto the multiplayer. Many people complain about it and I will admit as well it was not the best, but it was not dreadful. As with DICE titles the servers took a while to function but once they did, they did so without a hitch. What's that you got killed by a sniper in one bullet? Well of course you do because that's what snipers do in real life! Also the reason why there is so much camping is because there is such scarce cover, you can be behind a full wall and then next thing you know you have to run through a massive plain of oben ground. That doesn't mix well with snipers moving with a bolt action rifle and a pistol to defend themselves so yea I don't like the camping either, but put yourself in there shoes first before you criticize. Expand
  8. Dec 12, 2011
    Everyone seems to compare this to much to Modern Warfare 2 so i'm going to explain why i like this game and why it's my most hyped game of the year. First of it all. The single player compared to the competition is well classic Medal Of Honor like we are used to it and we don't get thrown into different battles on different places in the world all the time. It's made in the way aEveryone seems to compare this to much to Modern Warfare 2 so i'm going to explain why i like this game and why it's my most hyped game of the year. First of it all. The single player compared to the competition is well classic Medal Of Honor like we are used to it and we don't get thrown into different battles on different places in the world all the time. It's made in the way a singleplayer campaign in a First Person Shooter should be. I feel that the singleplayer in Medal Of Honor has something that Modern Warfare or any other game has had since 2003. Soul. Even though it tries to be another modern combat hit game it still has the same soul and feeling like the old Allied Assault game. Graphics then? Well Modern Warfare2 is soon 1 year old but when i play both games on my SD tv i see a clear difference. Modern Warfare has this greyish tone on a lot of things. Medal Of Honor has a perfect color saturation and the environment looks more alive(Plants,trees and grass) Audio then? well.. in this department MW2 is really not worth comparing to Medal Of Honor.. Huge difference.. Medal Of Honor sounds amazing and it is more comparable to Bad Company 2. It sounds real as hell sometimes and that is a huge step forward. Drumroll?.... MULTIPLAYER? This is the category were MW2 should shine but no. Medal Of Honor is simpler, has a few less maps and game modes but for me that doesn't matter since when i play MW2 i only play TDM,DM or Search and Destroy. Maps then? I'll bet that there will be more maps both in free downloads and in DLC. Issues with Medal Of Honor? Yes as i said earlier the game has a few issues. Framerate for one example. That are just small issues that for me is a little bit irritating but that will be fixed in a while. So i'm not in a hurry and i have the time to wait. Expand
  9. Dec 29, 2011
    Ignore the mediocre reviews. This game is HIGHLY underrated. The campaign is terrible, sure, but if you area after a game that combines the best of Battlefield with CoD, this is a brilliant game for you. And, it has a VERY small price tag, so it's a bargain worth picking up!
  10. Jan 6, 2012
    i dont care what anyone says about this game it is a lot of fun. The aspect of multiplayer i dont like is you could be the taliban which is a little offensive being our situation in afghanistan
  11. Jan 19, 2012
    Medal of honor is a okay game it's not really a must have for the multiplayer because about 100-1000 people play everyday which is not much. The story is great but it is too short it can be completed in less than one day even on hard difficulty. tier one mode can be easy too.
  12. Mar 4, 2012
    This game is alright. Singleplayer campaign was okay, but nevertheless fun. However the multiplayer was not okay. The lack of recoil on guns and the one shot kill with a sniper was very frustrating. But it eventually comes down to being an average game altogether.
  13. Jun 4, 2012
    This game was very bad. Campaign was gay, and the multiplayer had a small community of only 2000 players or so. I'm not getting the new Medal of Honor which is coming out sometime this year. Campaign 5/10 Multiplayer 5/10 Medal of Honor 5.2/10
  14. Jul 26, 2012
    A mediocre game... thats it. A single player campaign that offer nothing new. A clone of call of duty (regenerating health, extreme linear, 5 hours campaign, checkpoints everywhere). Buy this game if you like the same thing over and over again.
  15. Dec 9, 2012
    Far better than CoD. The story is insanely better, and the multiplayer works better, with no cheap kills or killstreaks. This is coming from a guy who loved CoD up until MW3. I love the dedicated servers. Such an improvement over peer hosts.
  16. May 10, 2013
    The SP campaign is not bad, maybe too easy even on Tire mode. The MP, G-d, feels so foolishly, I played it only 20 hours or so, but everyone played as recon and sat behind cove sniperring people. It is not like random MP games like call of duty in which you can forget about tactic but focus on fast response and better aiming, and it is also not like BF in which in can have vehicles andThe SP campaign is not bad, maybe too easy even on Tire mode. The MP, G-d, feels so foolishly, I played it only 20 hours or so, but everyone played as recon and sat behind cove sniperring people. It is not like random MP games like call of duty in which you can forget about tactic but focus on fast response and better aiming, and it is also not like BF in which in can have vehicles and play like part of team. This is just a mess. Expand
  17. May 26, 2013
    If there's one FPS series I love, it's Medal of Honor. so when I found out about the reboot, I didn't know what to think. little did I know this reboot would actually be pretty good. the story for the game is nice. this game manages to modernize Medal of Honor while also keeping it in the past, and the writing is pretty decent. the gameplay is standard FPS gameplay. with gameplay likeIf there's one FPS series I love, it's Medal of Honor. so when I found out about the reboot, I didn't know what to think. little did I know this reboot would actually be pretty good. the story for the game is nice. this game manages to modernize Medal of Honor while also keeping it in the past, and the writing is pretty decent. the gameplay is standard FPS gameplay. with gameplay like this, there isn't much to talk about, except the graphics make it look nice. even though single player doesn't use frostbite, the graphics look pretty good. why EA chose to use frostbite for the multiplayer only, I guess we'll never know. the music is ok at best. most tunes are forgettable, and aren't that catchy. However, the theme song, The Catalyst, sung by Linkin Park, is one of my favorite songs by the band. Something I didn't like about this game was the lighting. I usually don't complain about lighting in anything unless it's distracting or glaring. in this game, it's both. The lighting can either make things too dark or too bright in the environment, which is really bad during firefights. it may be because I haven't really figured out what brightness setting is best for the game, but I find myself going back to adjust it many times. another bland thing about the game is the multiplayer. the multiplayer has little customization for classes, and not many game modes. to charge an online pass for this is not worth it at all. Overall, Medal of Honor is an ok reboot to a great series. the single player is fun, but the multiplayer is not. the graphics are great, but the lighting is not. if you're a fan of FPS games and looking for spare time to kill, give this game a try. Expand
  18. Aug 10, 2013
    I liked this game because it was a little different. It tried to mimic real life Afghanistan where enemies are far away in the distance and creep up out of nowhere, it had a whole different feel to it compared to other first person shooters. The graphics were nice too. The only thing i didn't like was how EA games said this wasn't another "GO TEAM USA" propaganda piece, then that's exactlyI liked this game because it was a little different. It tried to mimic real life Afghanistan where enemies are far away in the distance and creep up out of nowhere, it had a whole different feel to it compared to other first person shooters. The graphics were nice too. The only thing i didn't like was how EA games said this wasn't another "GO TEAM USA" propaganda piece, then that's exactly what it turned out to be. It's based on real life missions in real life settings, yet they removed all other nations troops and replaced them with America troops only to try make America look cool and badass in that typical American fashion. It would of been nice to play as other nations soldiers within the campaign. We had 25yrs of games being either a lone steroid fuelled American or American troops only, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 turned the tide and changed all that in 2007 and it was very refreshing. But it would seem EA are a very patriotic bunch who want to nip this in the butt and get back to American only troops in games. It was boring 25yrs ago EA! Expand
  19. Aug 23, 2013
    1) graphics- not bad but not good either. rank 5
    2)engine- the game works good not crushing but may lag for average pcs. rank 7
    3)story- its try to show there some story but there just nothing there except some voice actors spitting words. rank 1 4)gameplay- short 2-4 hours ,same gameplay as cod this game try to copy every thing from cod except the fun factor small maps scripted to
    1) graphics- not bad but not good either. rank 5
    2)engine- the game works good not crushing but may lag for average pcs. rank 7
    4)gameplay- short 2-4 hours ,same gameplay as cod this game try to copy every thing from cod except the fun factor small maps scripted to much,you gun and run rooms of 2-4 enemies 90% of the time its doesn't boring but its ain't fun either. rank 5
    5)online- average, same us battlefield just without vehicles on small boring maps rank 5

conclusion- average short boring sp with average online play should you buy it? no. should you rent? well yes prob only for the 2 hour sp.if u want multiplayer just go for bf 2/3 or cod mw3
    final rank 5
    (cause of all the teens who give this game 10 without any good reason i trolled it to 0)
  20. Dec 12, 2013
    I think this is a decent game, I thought the gameplay was great but they lack graphics. The game is kind of short and easy causing you to get bored of it but for the time being its a fun game
  21. Oct 13, 2010
    I have never written a review on Metacritic before, but I decided that I had to take the time to create an account and post this one because of the absolutely unfair whipping this game seems to be taking from both review sites and readers.

1. games(TM)
    Jan 20, 2011
    Unfinished, or at the very least, unpolished. [Issue#102, p.112]
  2. Jan 16, 2011
    A successful comeback of the Medal of Honor-series, which is far away from reaching the top-ranks of the shooter genre. The short amount of the single-player campaign is really annoying.
  3. Jan 15, 2011
    Medal of Honor doesn't become the current image of Electronic Arts – probably the most "humane" of all videogame corporations. Danger Close Games' debut reminds of a time when EA was a gloomy assembly line churning out soulless yearly sequels and movie tie-ins.