7.2

1. Sep 18, 2015
    The best game of the series and one of the best games of all time. Excellent presentation, amazing gameplay and a great soundtrack. Pick this up if you're a fan of the stealth genre or metal gear solid. Worth every penny and more.
  2. Dec 20, 2015
    The best game since Mass Effect 3. This review must be 150 characters long and writing more won't make the game any better so I'll just say this: Boss
  3. Sep 28, 2015
    this is an honest review by a genuine person who played the game on day 1 for the playstation 4 and then again on the xbox 360 to see how it holds up. first off its a smaller install , the game fits on 2 discs and 1 just needs installing then you play off disc 2 or you can install that aswel which means youll get faster loads times between deaths and other key instances. konami seem tothis is an honest review by a genuine person who played the game on day 1 for the playstation 4 and then again on the xbox 360 to see how it holds up. first off its a smaller install , the game fits on 2 discs and 1 just needs installing then you play off disc 2 or you can install that aswel which means youll get faster loads times between deaths and other key instances. konami seem to have been working on the last generation versions of the game for a very long time. they have used every last chunk of the consoles power to get as much as possible out of the hardware. the major difference from the ps4 version you notice right off the bat is theres no anti-aliasing or smoothing so everything seems very low resolution and everything has jagged edges. however they use a motion blur filter when theres a lot of movement during cut scenes and throughout the gameplay where they feel it necessary and this makes the images look much improved. facial detail is very high and theyve managed to optimise the frame rate on xbox 360 to almost run at a flawless 30fps with just a dip to 27-28 very rarely. (the ps3 version sometimes doesnt move off 20fps for lengthy periods)
    music and sound design is excellent with a fantastic score throughout.
    this time around the cutscenes have been cut right back for favour of a huge open world playground with vehicles, guns , horses and sheep.
    it is mostly left up to yourself to decide how you do each mission you can either stick to metal gear formula and take your time and be all stealthy or you can go in call of duty style all guns blazing.
    this is more than likely to be the last game of this standard to be released on the last gen consoles ( with the exception of rise of the tombraider, - call of duty black ops 3 doesnt count ) so it is a more than excellent end to wrap things up.
    presentation is superb the only niggle is the missions can get a little bit repetitive but no different to other sandbox games that repeat themselves. its a lot of fun and in the end the gameplays the same on all the current machines it was made for. 360 holds up well with some greater detail and effects than on the ps3 and a better frame rate. the ps4 still has the edge with its anti-aliasing, much higher resolution and better textures ( this goes without saying though )

would of liked to give the game a 10 for its accomplishments but that would be unfair. so it gets a well deserved 9 out of 10.

if you still have a 360 its worth picking up and it will take a long time to finish ( about 30 hours average )
  4. Dec 27, 2015
    Gameplay: 1 (Unplayable)
    Fun: 1 (You can't Have Fun)
    Story: 5 (Story is After World War 2)
    Cast: 7 (Great)
    Score: 0/10 (Due to no Easy Mode for me Only Hard Mode Unlocked from Start)

Overrated By All should got less then 7.8s
  5. Mar 26, 2016
    Some may remember from my Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance review that I said that this game will replace the position of my favourite game in the franchise and possibly of all time, I was wrong.

When Phantom Pain was announced back in 2012, I was overly excited after watching a demo of Ground Zeroes; then around 2013, I was informed of the game being separated into two parts as the titles above that were mentioned. As time passed on, more trailers and reviews about the game were made public and I couldn't hold myself, I was too excited.

Then came the day I bought it, the release date; I waited six hours for the game to download as I bought the digital version; I began playing and got further into the game, around mission 6 when I stopped playing. I was truly enjoying the experience and once I completed the first chapter, I thought that was it; then the preview for the second chapter came on and I thought of what was going to make the next half of the game amazing.

Oh boy, was I in for a surprise... the second half was a disappointment; 19 missions left to play and I could only play six that were story based while the 13 were just remade missions from chapter 1; though the ending caught me off-guard and my reaction, which I don't want to reveal in words, had my jaw dropping off.

Enough about the story; all I can say is that it is well-written until the second half of the game. The game has a open-world structure but not much I expected; there are only two locations you can explore in the game: South Africa and Afghanistan. They are big, very big, but not much other than outposts and bases are dotted all over the place with the occasional wondering enemies and/or animals.

Some features that were shown in the trailers are in the game, but they don't function to how I expected; an example is the weapon customisation which is new to the franchise. You can customise your weapons but in order to do so, you must find a guy that has that skill and it's not fun; once you have him, the customisation is terrible. Only up to three weapons per class and not much can be made possible with customising your weapon.

The enemy A.I. isn't advanced; they can use flash lights to search for you in the dark but all they do is wave it around and then put it away so they can blindly run into you; sometimes they see something, go to investigate, and then forget about it after looking, even if they spotted you. The graphics do look gorgeous but I prefer a different kind as sometimes, the close-ups of characters and other things look pixelated.

Music is alright; I mentioned in the DmC review that licensed music is a terrible, lazy idea but this time, I can tolerate it in this game as it's music from the 1970s onwards. My most, major complaint with this game is the FOB missions; we were shown a lot of great content with FOB and I was expecting good moments about it but I was poorly annoyed with what I got.

Firstly, FOB has you invading other player bases and stealing anything they have, even killing their men; you can be attacked yourself but that rarely ever happens to me. A problem when invading is if you're ever spotted, you only have three seconds of Reflex mode before the entire base is on your ass; once they are and you're trying to rid of them, they are capable of calling in reinforcements which won't stop at all. You kill everyone but realise there is one guy alive and hiding somewhere and he calls in for more reinforcements and it won't stop!

Second complaint is that the players that do invade me get to steal when I'm offline, but when I'm online and others are offline, I can't invade them. Just why?

Metal Gear Online is just boring; I can only play Bounty Hunter and not any other game mode as barely anyone plays them; some players are playing this like a Call of Duty game and the maps are alright but have a few issues.

Overall, this game is worth playing for the story and experience; caution is advised for fans and non-fans but I don't criticise Kojima, he is one of the best directors in the gaming industry and his creations is what inspires us to do more, but I blame Konami for not giving Kojima enough time to fully complete this what-would-be masterpiece. This is my opinion and I am fine with this. 7.5 out of 10.
  6. Dec 8, 2015
    The story was virtually non-existent, Quiet's design was stupid for so many reasons, and the game wasn't designed well. When fast travel takes ten minutes, it's not fast travel anymore. The graphics were alright, and the gameplay was technically very polished. The game feel was spot on except when you're changing weapons and items. Double-clicking the d-pad doesn't work probably 60% of theThe story was virtually non-existent, Quiet's design was stupid for so many reasons, and the game wasn't designed well. When fast travel takes ten minutes, it's not fast travel anymore. The graphics were alright, and the gameplay was technically very polished. The game feel was spot on except when you're changing weapons and items. Double-clicking the d-pad doesn't work probably 60% of the time. Also, and no spoilers here, but the "end" was a huge disappointment that comes after literal days in real time of grinding for this game's equivalent of XP. Go play Metal Gear on the MSX. That game's far superior to this massive heap of garbage. Oh, and the soundtrack is all 80's songs and ambient natural sound effects. Expand
  7. Apr 1, 2016
    The holy grail of world-building games, it’s argued, is a black box that lets players do as they like with minimal handholding. Pliability with just the right measure of accountability. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, a tactical stealth simulation wrapped in a colossal resource management puzzle inside a love letter to theatrical inscrutability, comes the closest of any game I’ve yetThe holy grail of world-building games, it’s argued, is a black box that lets players do as they like with minimal handholding. Pliability with just the right measure of accountability. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, a tactical stealth simulation wrapped in a colossal resource management puzzle inside a love letter to theatrical inscrutability, comes the closest of any game I’ve yet played to realizing that ideal.

That probably sounds a little backwards if you’re hip to Hideo Kojima’s long running Metal Gear Solid series, which launched in 1987 on a Japanese computer platform. We laud Kojima for his contributions to stealth gaming’s grammar, but he’s also loved and, by some, lampooned, for bouts of indulgent auteurism. A self-professed cinephile (he told me in 2014 that he tries to watch a movie a day), he’s notorious for straining attention spans with marathon film-style interludes and epic denouements. His last numbered Metal Gear Solid game, Guns of the Patriots, holds two Guinness records, one for the longest cutscene in a game (27 minutes), another for the longest cutscene sequence (71 minutes). A fan-edited compendium of the latter’s combined non-interactive sequences clocks in at upwards of nine hours.

So it feels a little weird to declare The Phantom Pain comparably cutscene-free. Oh they’re still here, as fascinating, offbeat and abstruse as ever, but restricted to momentary exposition instead of Homeric interruption. It’s like some other mirror-verse version of Kojima helmed production, suddenly obsessed with play-driven storytelling, while most of the grim narrative about the descent of a Melvillian mercenary trickles in through cassette tapes you can listen to at leisure, or ignore completely.

Konami
    That turnabout pays dividends. We’re instead treated to a clandestine feast of open world prowling, an unparalleled tactical toybox staged in sprawling bulwarks bristling with eerily sentient enemies. You play as Big Boss, the grizzled, cyclopean soldier of fortune we spent so much of the series reviling, traumatized and left comatose by events in last year’s prologue and prolegomena, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. The Phantom Pain is the revenge fantasy entrée transpiring nine years later, a grab-your-bootstraps offshore empire-building exercise and parallel slide into militaristic perdition by way of the Soviet-Afghan and Angolan (civil) wars circa 1984. It’s a Cold War paranoiac’s paradise.
  8. Mar 3, 2016
    Gran juego, con buenas mecanicas, grandes graficos, pero muy flojo argumentalmente, en comparacion con otros juegos de la saga, no me cuenta nada para un juego que se supone es el juego final de una saga que nos ha dejado grandes titulos como Metal gear solid (PS1) o metal gear solid 2.
  9. Apr 1, 2016
    This is amazing game . Very very good storyline . Best storyline of 2015 with Dying Light and Witcher 3 . Really good graphics and very interesting mission . Many cutscenes . All Cutscenes is very awesome and interesting . Good game . 8/10 .
  10. May 26, 2016
    Ótima jogabilidade com um mundo aberto incrível cheios de detalhes com inimigos com uma ótima inteligencia artificial com certeza Metal Gear Solid V encerra muito bem essa ótima saga.
  11. Aug 3, 2016
    Una muy buena despedida para esta consola, este y el Rise of the tomb raider fueron los últimos triple AAA que compre para la consola y en ambos casos no me equivoque, gráficamente es espectacular, a pesar de repetir misiones no se siente repetitivo debido a que te dan libertad para afrontarlas como quieras y a pesar de tener algunos problemas no empañan el conjunto.
  12. Sep 5, 2016
    That's a good game, but compared to the other metal gear solid games it isn't much. It's cleary unfinished, you can get bored in time. It's true that it has epic moments, awesome gameplay, excellent soundtrack, the soundtrack is pretty good and stunning graphics, with very good characters. It just mess it up with the history, there was a lot of stuff that was cut off. However, still a goodThat's a good game, but compared to the other metal gear solid games it isn't much. It's cleary unfinished, you can get bored in time. It's true that it has epic moments, awesome gameplay, excellent soundtrack, the soundtrack is pretty good and stunning graphics, with very good characters. It just mess it up with the history, there was a lot of stuff that was cut off. However, still a good game, but it was cleary unfinished and kinda boring sometimes, with not that good boss battles. That's why i'll give it a 8. I recommend if you're a metal gear fan. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.