6.4

1. Jul 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I recommend not buying this DLC.
    SPOILER ALERT:
    I would love to tell something really good about this DLC because personally from Metro 2033 up to Metro Last Light i loved the game (not every aspect of it) but overall.
    I do not like the DLC and what they have done to it.
    Yes it is a good idea to change the perspective as some really great DLCs have shown and Yes the idea to replay locations from Metro 2033 is also very interesting because you could play with all additions that Metro 2033 didn't had that time 2010.
    But they didn't make it right:
    First of all you can play as 3 different characters though you couldn't be less interested in their motivation nor their story.
    The heavy armored Reich soldier:
    Basically you play for like 10 min nothing more than just staying in a 8 square meter field and shooting others. It is not the bridge atmosphere as in Metro 2033 it is not fun because you have no options. The game decides wether you take the sniper or the minigun.
    The sniper mission:
    It should be interesting to play with the Last Light stealth mechanics but sadly it is not. You have to follow the games lead at all times or you get detected why so ever I don't understand. It is uninteresting to shoot first the one on the left then the one on the right and so on... This is basically the whole sniper part and I was more disappointed because I loved how it looked in Metro 2033 when you came out from the part where you have to carry Sasha (Kid) to his mother. The fascist base was just up the bunker. But now you start in a house and shoot them on the ground.
    The library mission:
    For me personally the library mission is one of the most iconic missions in Metro 2033. It wasn't because of the gameplay element but more for the tense atmosphere. I played the mission multiple times and all the times it was different. I felt that I could die easily and after every corner. I loved it when I knew they will be remaking it and this was the reason I bought the DLC!
    Now you have all things at the library not just the librarians but the watchers and the lurkers. Why? I don't know maybe they thought that more is better. In my opinion the addition of a lot of other dangers hurts the atmosphere which is overall because it is now not a daylight mission but a dark night mission not even close to what it once was. And the librarians are nothing to what they were a threat at Metro 2033.

This DLC gives you no freedom to explore as you did in Metro 2033 through Metro Last Light and no options to act on your own.
    Sadly because for all these reasons I can't recommend this DLC even to fans of the game(s).
    I give this DLC for the effort 4/10.
  2. Jul 26, 2013
    It's $5!!!!! Incredibly good value for 3 hours of new metro content. Fans of the original will be happy to know that the remastered library level is still in tact (if not better than the original, with less bugs and glitches). The other two missions (which only equate to about 1/3 of the over package) are equally excellent. One mission is an atmospheric sniping mission which sees you using a new silenced sniper rifle. The other is a turret (minigun) sort of section, where you have to defend a platform from waves of increasingly tough enemies (akin to the final battle in the full game).

Overall I had an absolute blast with metro last light, and I highly recommend you pick it up.
  3. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. so i love metro but this DLC was just rushed, the first level i chose was the Reich level and it was so buggy the bullets were clipping through the cover and it was just a Nazi remake of the last level of the campaign, the second level was the sniper level this one was okay except for the fact that they couldn't see you out the corner of their eyes without failing the mission, the last level was the best and this is what defines this DLC the ranger level is where you have to go up the the old library from Metro 2033 and gather relics which you can turn in for military grade ammo and then buy things from the store in polis this level brought back the most terrifying thing from the metro series ever the librarian massive Frigging Gorillas that will attack if provoked. The ranger level is the only thing you should get this DLC for or just get the session pass instead and get all the DLC which is more value because you get new weapons as well Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

With a semi-open layout that requires return visits to a base camp to resupply and save, it's unlike any other mission in Last Light, and more than worth the $5 all by itself. [Jan 2014, p.70]