8.1

1. May 26, 2011
    If you're a fan of turn based strategy games then for sure try this one out as it is fun and terribly addicting. It falls flat as far as graphics and storyline go but that's not what these type of games are about. The main flaw of this game though are the long loading screens. Every time you take a few steps or get in/out of a fight you have to endure a loading screen. They are so badIf you're a fan of turn based strategy games then for sure try this one out as it is fun and terribly addicting. It falls flat as far as graphics and storyline go but that's not what these type of games are about. The main flaw of this game though are the long loading screens. Every time you take a few steps or get in/out of a fight you have to endure a loading screen. They are so bad in fact that I stopped the game because of them. Expand
  2. May 16, 2011
    The first thing that came to mind playing this title was the epic battles my brother and I used to have with Tetris Attack, back on the SNES. It's the ultimate competitive puzzle game. I think I played it a solid 2 or 3 days without a break when I first picked it up. It was that difficult to set down.

People will throw "RPG elements" in there as if there were any. There is for the single player in the most extremely loose sense of the word, so if you're buying this for that reason, don't. It's a strategy puzzle game.

Core gameplay has you linking units of the same color together which then fire off at the enemy champion after a few rounds. Defense is maintained by creating walls by linking units horizontally as opposed to vertically or simply leaving extra units in the way to soak up damage. It's pretty simple but it takes awhile to really master.

The reason I give this an 8 instead of a 9 is because it's horribly imbalanced online. Unfortunately, the two most common strategies utilized by players that really want to win don't require an ounce of strategy and still manage to win 90% of the time. I hope balance issues are addressed because the potential for an extremely deep puzzle game is there if not for that one hinderance.

2v2 mode is awful. Avoid it unless you really like being paired with idiot teammates. I have been on the short end of the stick every time I have ever attempted it. The only difference between the basic 1v1 battle and the 2v2 battle is you have to worry about someone else mucking up the otherwise awesome combos you set up rounds in advance. Truly a terrible idea and one I wish wasn't linked to an achievement.

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jun 28, 2011
    A damn good tactical strategic game that has a ridiculous amount of depth for an XLA title. [Issue#73, p.102]
  2. Games Master UK
    Jun 4, 2011
    A true original: witty, challenging and bigger than most retail games. Trust us, it's ace. [July 2011, p.87]
  3. Jun 3, 2011
    This HD remake of Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes offers the same great puzzle RPG action with superior graphics and online play, but at the end of the day it feels more at home on the Nintendo DS.