1.2

Overwhelming dislike- based on 104 Ratings

1. Jan 27, 2011
    This game has some good ideas but fails in execution. Enemy AI is awful...the cover system is worse. It felt like Alpha Protocol all over again. The controls are not much better but I got fairly used to them after trial and error. The multiplayer is this games saving grace in my opinion much like a similiarly flawed "Kane and Lynch". While extremely unbalanced the multiplayer is fun andThis game has some good ideas but fails in execution. Enemy AI is awful...the cover system is worse. It felt like Alpha Protocol all over again. The controls are not much better but I got fairly used to them after trial and error. The multiplayer is this games saving grace in my opinion much like a similiarly flawed "Kane and Lynch". While extremely unbalanced the multiplayer is fun and exciting. Other good things I can say about this game...the voice acting is solid, graphics passable and most importantly the gameplay while clunky is different enough to be entertaining. The storyline is like that of a bad 80's sci fi flick but not the worst ive seen. I suggest giving this game a rent or waiting for the price to drop. Oh and did I mention robotic combat apes? Yeah? Expand

1. Apr 13, 2011
    Don't just skip the cinematics, skip Mindjack altogether. Playing this game made me wish it were as easy to enjoy a crummy videogame as it is a B-movie, but really, Mindjack is worse than that. It's more like a student film.
  2. Mar 31, 2011
    The cover shooter genre has plenty of untapped potential. Vanquish hinted at this by kicking up the pace a few (hundred) notches, but Mindjack is perhaps the first to actively introduce truly new kinds of gameplay, and I had my fingers crossed for its success. Unfortunately, the finished product is about as botched as a game can get.
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    Feelplus and Square-Enixʼs new try in the shooting genre falls way too short, compared even to the weakest 3rd-person shooters of the last five years.