7.2

1. Jul 21, 2014
    It's the great open world minecraft we all know and love, but now it has split screen co-op. Which is AWESOME. They're also online play with xbox live. If you don't know minecraft it's a endless open world game with no objective, it's up to the player to decide what to do. It's either really fun, or really boring. This game is either going to make you play it for hours on end, or you'll get bored of it after 5 minutes. Expand
  2. Jun 16, 2014
    Friendly to gamers of all ability levels, Minecraft is a game that is actually easier to play than it's computer based counterpart. With easy to use button controls, the game provides endless hours of fun for everyone. Visually the game is a bit simple and the sound is pretty awful, but if you're in it for the mining and the building, this game provides an endless amount of opportunity for mindless creation! Expand
  3. Jun 14, 2014
    The Xbox 360 version has by far, the most content, DLCs, good version (because I think the newest versions like the horse and stuff are just ridiculous) and skin packs, and it makes this game a whopping 10/10
  4. Jun 13, 2014
    ermmmmmmmmmmmm yeah not to much to say apart from this game sucks. God why would anyone wanna play sucker graphics and gameplay like this. I think everytime you play this your wasting minutes of your life. Avoid this game at all cost, I was just gutted I couldn't rate it as a minus 0 is still to high.
  5. Jun 11, 2014
    I dont play it as much as I used to but when I did it was fun especially with friends. The only downside is that the Xbox version gets updates later than the PC version (which is understandable) but it still comes after a couple weeks or months.
  6. Jun 4, 2014
    Oh my gosh this game is terrible, just minecraft in general. I mean what is the point to this game? It is SUPER boring. I can play it for about 15 minutes, then I just get bored out of my freaking mind! The graphics suck, what the heck is the point of game play in this? I mean there is no reason to play this game, besides build yeah cool, but other than that this game is worthless, I would defiantly NOT recommend this. This game is boring beyond belief, take my word for it you do not want to waste your 20 bucks on this garbage. Expand
  7. Jun 2, 2014
    While its not absolutely the best version of Minecraft its good edition for the Xbox 360..............................................................
  8. May 12, 2014
    i bought minecraft a few weeks after the release and i still can't stop playing it. it is so addictive. the music is relaxing, the gameplay is fun, you just want to explore more and more. i just hope that 4j and mojang won't stop bringing updates to the x360 since there is a ps3 edition and a ps vita version coming. i love this game and i will definitely buy it if it will be available on xbox one. Expand
  9. May 9, 2014
    this game is just amazing althought it has no story it does what it was meant to be build anything you want and people whining about what it doesn't have like enderman, hunger meters, it has it know so stop crying and wait for updates it could add something you love. any way its worth the money
  10. Apr 29, 2014
    I found this rather fun as I build on minecraft, updates are regular and the game itself isn't as far behind as the PC version. My most favourite feature is not having to set up a server world just so my friends can play with me.

A problem I have is the micro transactions for texture packs and skins, fair enough most cost around 60p, but I would've been happy to pay for texture packs,
    and have a skin creator in game which left me a little disappointed. But after all, it's minecraft. Expand
  11. Apr 29, 2014
    I am here because all user reviews on the PlayStation 3 Edition below a rating of 7 got deleted. It just shows that Mojang is just a bunch of p*ssies who cannot take negative scores. Mojang is worse than EA.
  12. Apr 15, 2014
    Without purpose there is no reason to do anything. This boring turd is somehow considered a game by many people who obviously are retarded. This so called game needs to die and die fast.
  13. Apr 10, 2014
    this game was boring. once you start mining coal and above it just becomes so easy and really tends to bore me. even on the hardest difficulty possible it was still boring. if you want 2 hours of entertainment then play it at a friends house.
  14. Apr 8, 2014
    This edition of Minecraft is only a few updates behind the PC version with more updates on the way. Playing Minecraft on this version compared to the PC is much better with a game controller is much better than using a keyboard and mouse. It does get a little run down after a while but it's worth the play. If you like playing all of your games on the console this game is for you.
  15. Feb 23, 2014
    This Game is addicting for 2 Months and then just becomes stale This game has the worst gameplay I've ever experienced The graphics are outdated The Survival aspect just felt boring and dull The creativity is pretty good you can build some pretty awesome things The game has a whole load of bugs and exploits which would be patched in 2 years or so This game is overrated it is good as a sandbox but as a game Minecraft has a lot of things that need improving and pronto I wasted 1600 Microsoft Points on a game that is boring and there are a lot of better games on Xbox Live just don't waste your money on this get Terraria instead Expand
  16. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game deserves a F. The 5 that I'm giving it is because its bad without other people. The game's graphics are stupid and the concept of the game too. If your into building things I recommend it. If your not and your the jack @$$ agreeing with me, then welcome. This game is just not entertaining to me. Its just not fun. My brother loves it so I don't care that I bought it. Just a bit of a waste if you aren't a building type of person. Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2014
    Probably the best time-waster on the xbox 360, you can play for hours on end with a friend as well. As much hate as I might get for saying this, mine craft is simply more fun on the Xbox 360. Well done Mojang.
  18. Jan 18, 2014
    I have been playing minecraft since alpha days on pc but when this came out i thought it was great but later after all the updates it was getting boring but i still find it entertaining i make alot of creations besides all the little kids who play this game i think its ok now all i see is minecraft i think there pushing it.
  19. Jan 17, 2014
    I love this game. Sure you can compare it to the pc version and any blind fool can see the difference. It may be behind the pc but who cares. The game is not perfect either, with 8 players on a map you can definitely feel how laggy it gets. But I swear this is the best 20 dollars I have ever spent. I have clocked more time playing minecraft than any other game I own. This game deserves a better average score but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Expand
  20. Jan 12, 2014
    I first played minecraft on the pc but once I played it on the 360, the controls and the crafting menu was definitely better. even though you cant get the same perks as the pc, who cares because when minecraft first came out it was exactly like this and hey the title updates come out fast and they will eventually catch up to the pc at this rate. to anyone who try's to compare to the pc version, shame on you, all because it don't have the same perks as pc, this is an early stage just like when it first came out. sorry it cant be up to date with the latest version on pc. Expand
  21. Jan 6, 2014
    What is there to say about Minecraft that hasn't already been said. It's one of the most addicting, innovative, original games of all time. No game out there lets you express your creativity and imagination like Minecraft does. Think of Minecraft as the hardcore version of Legos.
  22. Jan 4, 2014
    It's quite well developed, with all the updates that have come along since its conception, however it's just not as good as the PC. However, where the game falls behind in comparison to the PC equivalent, it makes up for with local multiplayer. No need to purchase another copy of Minecraft to play LAN, as per PC requirements, all you need is another controller!
  23. Dec 28, 2013
    They took minecraft went back a few updates, made terrible controls, made it a really small map, you cant get mods, you cant get texture packs and its generaly for people that cant afford a good pc.
  24. Dec 14, 2013
    This game doesn't look as good and doesn't have the lengthiness of the PC version, however is so much more fun and has no cheats, everyone is on level ground and there is no hassle of servers. You will enjoy it on the 360 more than the PC if you can get go back in time from the PC version as it's updates come out much later then they do on the PC.
  25. Dec 13, 2013
    The great and addictive Minecraft game is out for the Xbox 360, many people argue that the game is terrible because it is too blocky, but it surely doesn't limit your creativity. Being able to craft many blocks and items, fighting enemies, bosses and friends online, this game allows you to create or host your own world for you and your friends to play. From mining deep underground to find valuables to farming high in the mountains. You can choose the option of survival where you start getting wood by punching a tree, or creative to have infinite items and blocks to build the biggest and craziest things ever. If your a creative person, then this game IS for you! Expand
  26. Dec 12, 2013
    Minecraft is an amazing game. But it's just not as good on Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. They're both great, just the Xbox version isn't a s good. For Minecraft on PC I gave it a 9. Here I gave it an 8. Just the fact that your playing a game that usually needs quick movement is not so good on a controller. It's just a downgraded version. Buy this on PC but if 360 is the only option, go for it.
  27. Nov 30, 2013
    This is a fun game to let out your creativity, but it gets boring after a while. When buying this game,I would recommend buying another game with it so you don't focus on this game for to long, or you will fall asleep or end up playing another older game. It's an ok game though.
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    4J Studio did quite a nice job in this port, have quite fun things to do and it includes a tutorial (pc version doesn't) well it's one of the best XBLA i have played.
  29. Nov 17, 2013
    It may be behind the computer Minecraft in versions, but it has made crafting a lot easier, so I don't have to have 'Minecraft recipes' open while playing. The fact that there are no mods in the game really disappoints me because I really miss tekkit, and texture packs and skins cost money!!! Now thats just ridiculous Microsoft!!!! multiplayer has also made an outstanding enterance into the game with friends lists and easy join options, and lets never forget the beautiful 2 player screen or 3-4 r watever, these two things will make sure you never play like a loner. my score: 7/10

+easy multiplayer, no internet or with internet
    -no mods
    -texture packs and skins cost money!
    +crafting much easier
    -behind normal minecraft
  30. Nov 11, 2013
    Fun game, its interesting to experience what is what it was like for the PC gamers at experiencing Minecraft since the begining. Love building huge huge buildings & monuments in survival & creative mode. I just can't wait for this Minecraft to catch up with the PC version. But of course Minecraft is better on the PC.
  31. ERB
    Oct 12, 2013
    This game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you have fun].Okay one final question why is this game underrated and why are some critics and users putting a low score in this game.This game is good.Yet some users and critics are hating this game.Screw them.Okay guys that is all what I have to say.This game is good and you must try playing this game.It is really worth it.Have fun playing this game. Expand
  32. Sep 17, 2013
    -Graphics- 9/10. You can't really rate the graphics bad due to the blocky textures. No, I rate the graphics a 9 because it is very recognizable to anyone who plays Minecraft. Also, it leads to cute looking animals.

-Performance- 8/10. In singleplayer mode, I find absolutely no lag or framerate drop of any kind, which is nice, considering the PC version experiences some FR drop. But the
    game runs very smoothly during solo play. When I am playing with friends, I experience quite of bit of lag if I am not hosting the game. The game renders slow, the lag increases the longer you play, and you continuously fall through the world.

-Gameplay- 10/10. Gameplay is great. If you have a creative mind, this game is never ending. You build mega-structures, fend off evil mobs, farm, etc. There are so many things to do, and this is where the game really shines. There is really no end to the game, except fighting the End Dragon (Which I haven't done, sadly), so if you are in it for a story...no can do.

-Sound- 9/10. From the mooing of cows, or the snorting of pigs, you will know you are playing Minecraft. The sound is really good. from walking on dirt to stone, or chopping down trees or mining blocks. The music is also catchy, but can get a bit repetitive at times, which kind of gets annoying after a long play through.

-Conclusion- This game is for the creative mind. It has no real objective, you just create your own game. The graphics aren't like CoD or Halo, but the blocky texture is the right fit for this game. Performance is good until you play some multiplayer, and the songs will get repetitive pretty quick. I give this game a 9/10.
  33. Aug 29, 2013
    Of all the great life simulation games (Harvest Moon, The Sims, etc.) I really think that this is a really great addition. Though it is quite expensive for an indi game it is still incredibly fun and even has some really great multiplayer.
  34. Aug 28, 2013
    I've got mixed feelings about this game because it lacks the potential of the PC, which is a downer. But, at the same time, it's got the ease of creation without the anal need to know every element needed, and put into a crafting table, to make something that the PC does.

The TU12 just rolled out and really gave the game some more flexibility. I love the Oscelots because they keep those
    creepers at a distance. The game has a really old-school video game feel and the odd thing about it is....it really requires WAY more resources than one would ever believe it could.

This game, with it's "creation" mode, is really fun and i see kids just getting hypnotized by it. The creative mode also allows them to play without a "destructive" element which, i am sure, parents are just LOVING right now. Plus i know TONS of people, 40 and older, who just can't put this game down.

This game is very cool.....it should get a "Time-waster of the year" award
  35. Aug 27, 2013
    Although minecraft is a good game and i do spend a few hours playing it i think people just overlook all the problembs it has at times. Firstly with both minecafts once you find a few diamonds you can feel that there isn't much more to do than farm and build things just for the sake of building. Also you have to pay for skins which we can all agree is rediculous and they are just trying to get money, there is no explination for that. Finally it is about 6-8 months behind the other minecraft and is annoying because you know there is a amazing feature and you know it would be better to play the pc. I hope people will consider my points and i will not get alot of hate for this. You should know i like the game even though im giving it a 5, it is just frustrating. Expand
  36. Aug 27, 2013
    It's Minecraft for console lovers, so that's a good start.

It's only serious downfall is the fact that it's updates are so far behind in comparison to the PC version. Don't be saddened by this though, the game is still fun nonetheless and offers days, months and even years of game-play. If you have a vibrant imagination, this game will not become boring for you.

The reason the
    updates take so long is not down to the developers, it is down to Microsoft themselves. Due to the certification process involved with updates, rolling them out quickly and efficiently is not possible. The most enjoyable experience this game has too offer is available on the PC version, but that doesn't make the 360 Edition void, it's still worth picking up. Expand
  37. Aug 22, 2013
    minecraft offers tons and tons of fun and addicting gameplay which can satisfy you for hours upon hours, it is brilliant for letting your imagination run wild. the only bad thing is that the pc updates come way later on the xbox.
  38. Aug 15, 2013
    This is a great game for all ages. Whether you are young or old there is plenty to do for everyone. A great game that allows you to imagine and be creative. A game that lets you build a house, a castle, a roller coaster, a farm, a city, a world. The possibilities are endless.

The great thing about the xbox 360 version is that the controls are easy to master and the menu is easily used.
    Best of all is that it can be played split screen with up to 4 people which makes it a great game for the whole family to play together. Split screen games are rare enough, especially one that is suitable for all ages.

Don't let the first impression of the graphics fool you. This game quickly becomes as complex or as simple as you want it to be. I would recommend this game to anyone, but is a definite winner for anyone looking for a game they can play together with their children/family.
  39. Aug 5, 2013
    My review of Minecraft: xbox 360 edition. SINGLE/ MULTIPLAYER: 10/10. build things with blocks. doesn't get better than that. GRAPHICS: 7/10. i like the style, but lacks the PC version's texture packs SOUND: 8/10. simple sounds, catchy soundtrack GAMEPLAY: 6/10. poor draw distance, small worlds, no mods/ texture packs, small player count, frequently lags people out, behind PC version in updates, takes months for one update to get in
    FUN FACTOR: 8/10. despite being inferior to the PC version, it is still fun
    TOTAL: 7/10
  40. Aug 3, 2013
    this game is buas it will end up being the Mario of xbox games it is a legand not to be played with this is a monster that eats you you will get addicted fast MINECRAFT IS #1
  41. Jul 17, 2013
    Minecraft for the Xbox 360 is a welcome addition for Microsoft, although not as good as the PC version that can have more players on a single server and mods, it is starting to catch up. It is a incredible game that is waiting for you to explore through it's high mountains and deep caves filled with the good and the bad. Although you can only have 8 players on a server, the announce at the Xbox one E3 of Minecraft on the console should hopefully upgrade to more players although to my knowledge nothing has been said, with its few bugs and problems this game is great for people who have or haven't got the PC version of the game, I would recommend it to all players. Expand
  42. Jun 30, 2013
    I have never actually played this game but watched several people waste valuable hours on it an t I just wanted to offset the score of those that love this game because it's lousy graphics, simple gameplay, crappy music, and total lack of anything interesting makes me now know the majority of people who have some form of gaming system are complete morons.
  43. Jun 23, 2013
    4J studios has brought an awful port of Minecraft to Xbox 360. I don't know what is worse, the lack of stuff that is in the PC version or the lack of them updating it to make as superior as the PC version. At the time of it's release, I really liked it because I hadn't played the PC version all that much... but after a year and seeing that they've only updated it a few times I thought I'd take another look at it. I think what's even worse is that there is Minecraft for Xbox One coming out, which means that this version is gonna be left in the dust and will never be updated eventually. Expand
  44. Jun 3, 2013
    Its minecraft for all those Xbox loving freaks who pay 60$ a year, this game has some "lovely new things added" which include but are not limited to: Hordes of bugs, being over 11 updates behind the PC version, running about 24 FPS Max, Anybody can join your world and destroy your work, crafting bugs, randomly suffocating in the walls, a certain world size that cannot generate any larger and much, much, More!!! Expand
  45. May 17, 2013
    Since the 1.9 update was release on XBLA there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best XBLA games money can buy. Since I left my childhood I've always had a secret longing to play with blocks again, and Minecraft is the perfect excuse to do so. While the XBLA version will never be on the same level as the PC version in terms of game updates, it still has everything required to make this a worthwhile investment of your hard-earned Microsoft points. Expand
  46. Apr 29, 2013
    Overall just the nerfed PC version. Extremely small map comparatively, and the server sizes don't match up. The only reason why I got this was to play the split screen coop, but alas, this game; with it's extremely low visuals (Which I know is part of it's charm) absolutely REQUIRES an HD tv to play coop.

Playing online is also very buggy and is limited by the xbox with what you can do.

Also, Twenty dollars for this? Not worth the price, at 10 dollars, it would be much more reasonable and would have appeared more favorably in my eyes

If you really want to play Minecraft, buy the PC version, this one disappoints.
  47. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a really great game because it is so out of the ordinary it isn't a first person shooter and it isn't a strategy game It is just the type of game that has endless possibility's use your mind to re create ideas or things in ordinary life into the game and it's just a game you use to relaxe and calm your mind I love it
  48. Apr 27, 2013
    My favourite edition of Minecraft with excellent crafting better graphics and amazing split-screen and with lots of features and now with spawn eggs and The End and all the leaderboards, achievements and HD graphics and excellent controls and well worth the 1600 MSP the best XBLA game
  49. Apr 20, 2013
    Minecraft is really fun! It originally came out on PC, on November 19, 2009. It is rated E for everyone, and was published by Mojang. It now is also on Xbox 360 and IOS devices.
    There is no objective of the game, which is what makes it so fun. You are free to do whatever you want. There are servers where you can play with your friends. On Xbox, the limit is eight people and you just
    play in one of your friend’s worlds. On computer, servers can hold many people. I believe Minecraft can be very fun for some people, but boring for others. The game controls are best for computer, but they are still good on Xbox and pocket edition (IOS device). You can play on a world as much as you want, which is appropriate considering it is a sandbox game. Eventually it may get boring to play it by yourself, but it’s always fun to play with friends. The graphics are very good for the purpose of the game. Everything is a block or blocky. You can turn up the brightness for if you are in a cave. The sound is also very suiting for the game. There are different sounds for destroying different blocks. There are also varying sounds for walking on different materials (i.e. grass, sand, etc.) Sometimes, music will randomly turn on. It is peaceful and goes well with the game. The music is by Danieal Rosenfeld The game will still be enjoyable after repeated playing. Since there is no objective, you can just keep building new things and keep mining. You can also make new worlds and play on friends’ worlds. Minecraft is very similar to Terraria. If you like Terraria, you will most likely love Minecraft. In fact, it is basically a more advanced Terraria.
    Minecraft can be super fun for creative, patient people. If you like building or sandbox games, and you don’t mind playing games that aren't centered around violence, you will definitely like Minecraft. I would give it 9 out of 10. The only flaw is that mining can be boring and it is annoyingly hard to find diamond. Another great thing is it’s appropriate for kids. All in all, Minecraft is an awesome game.
  50. Apr 12, 2013
    Comparing this to the PC version is unfair it is a secondary edition. So the game is good and while their are no mods or texture packs the game still is really fun. In short if you prefer Xbox to PC this is a must buy!
  51. Apr 5, 2013
    Imagine a world where you can create anything. You can create your own city, replica, or the house of your dreams. That's minecraft, a big build it yourself game, and also an adventure game! You can play 4 split-screen multiplayer or go online with your buddies to up to 8 players in a same game.

Sure its not the same as the minecraft from pc. It those not have Texture Packs, Mods,
    dedicated servers, nor it has the updates that you could find on the pc version, but still it is a great game to have on your Xbox an have a good time with your buddies.

Those that haven't played minecraft on pc, and can't play it, go give it a try! Believe me its worth your Microsoft points if you have someone to play it in coop.
  52. Apr 2, 2013
    I get that it is more of a medium of creation than an actual game and in that regard it is fantastic. The only reason I don't score it higher is because of 360 version's limitations. If ever there was a game that warranted micro transactions for mods, this would be it. Curious that Mojang haven't exploited this, yet.
  53. Mar 29, 2013
    It is missing all of the of updates and thy makes it very boring. Also the pc edition seems to be more accessible. Shame. I loved minecraft one day. Now I just can't look at it. Perhaps if the updates are applied.:. This edition would earn a 8 out of ten. Nope.
  54. Mar 25, 2013
    This really is not a bad game, but If you have a good enough computer the play The Computer edition I would get that, It has no texture packs, no mods, no skins, its like playing the pocket edition but on an Xbox, at least on the PE you can have some texture packs, I bought this on May 9th the day it came out, In my opinion, if you don't have someone to play with it really gets boring, My friends wouldn't buy the game for a month and I would just have to sit and you no do vanilla stuff For X-BOX 360 gamers Vanilla means non modded), To sum it up well this game is over priced at 20 dollars I mean I bought the PC edition for 15. It is not worth playing if you have the PC version, I bought to play with while away from home and you can't play it without being CONNECTED TO XBOX LIVE AT ALL TIMES I MEAN REALLY WOW THAT'S JUST STUPID. 4j and Mojang are good company's the reason minecraft XB edition is so DUMBED down is that it is running on an Xbox I mean only 8 PLAYERS that's ridiculous. The reason you can't make your own skin is because of Copyright issues, tell that the the ton's of Link skins on Planet Minecraft Expand
  55. Mar 20, 2013
    I was a fan of the minecraft on the PC ever since the alpha version came out, it was one of those games that praised creativity and captured the imaginations of a community, it quickly spread as one of the best PC open sandbox games so naturally when it was announced for the XBOX 360 my friends and I were on board from the start.

Day one I downloaded it and made a map (I still have the
    map!) and every once in a while they release an update for the game which drives us back to minecraft in hopes our favorite things from the PC version made it into the XBOX version but many times have been disappointed.

If you can't run the PC version without lag pick this one up, it's essentially the same thing.
  56. Mar 18, 2013
    All I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting if you have nothing to do. Expand
  57. Mar 18, 2013
    Grab some friends, make some plans and start your very own adventure! With Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition's smooth and easy to control gameplay and sublime mechanics, you'll easily find yourself murdering time with your thumbsticks!
  58. Jan 23, 2013
    If you have been on the fence about getting this Xbox 360 version of Minecraft then now is the best time to hop right in. The amount of things available to you now is incredible. Night one you could be terrified and helpless to the onslaught of Creepers, while several nights later you could be letting Creepers blow up in your face just to save time. With Enchanting, farming, alchemy and mining you could make a hit from a diamond sword feel like a feather. I may be babbling but there are very little games that made me feel so weak and then so over powered. Get this if you either don't have a PC or want to play Minecraft with your Xbox Live friends. Expand
  59. Jan 16, 2013
    If you don't have a PC then this is the best option. That's the best I can really say. It's the next best option. The world size is limited and it's several updates behind, but it is based entirely on the PC version and not built from the ground like the App version.
  60. Dec 23, 2012
    It's a good game! Compared to it's big brother, sure, it's not at the same level. One because it's on a much larger server, the PC, and it released prior to Xbox version. But we're updating (Currently at 1.8 or 1.9, no End but breeding, enchantment, etc) If you don't like going on the computer and constantly paying for minecraft online, then jump on the Xbox. Get friends though, to fully experience the fun. Expand
  61. Dec 20, 2012
    I have not been so completely engrossed in a simple game like this in a while! Such a simple premise, yet so engaging to the imagination. I have resisted the urge to use creative mode as much as I can because I like the sense of accomplishment of building something incredibly huge with materials I collected myself.
  62. Dec 7, 2012
    Having played around 60 hours of Minecraft on the PC and been with Minecraft since 1.6. I was surprised to see that Xbox Minecraft started on 1.6. Getting a couple of my friends on Minecraft and we had a blast. Minecraft is definitely a game for friends. From a mountain home, to a huge wooden fort, to a giant boat, and lava chaos. Minecraft mulitplayer shines on Xbox. The server system is excellent and players can spawn in and out with ease, this is multiplayer done well. The maps are small which is annoying, I'm just waiting for the update with bigger maps (I hope) Playing alone on a small map with much of the content missing, is really inferior. Might as well play singleplayer minecraft on the PC. THe game currently is updated to 1.8, still missing the Dragon boss battle and a bit more. But it's getting there, the game has faded in popularity with my friends with the season of big releases which is a shame because Minecraft is a very well put together game. Definitely worth the price. Expand
  63. Nov 25, 2012
    This xbox 360 version of Minecraft is different than the PC version. You can't put mods, join multiplayer games without a friend, you can't make your own skin for your character and the enemies and the blocks, and more. They took out the nether world on this version, which is how we end the game. At least you won't need to worry about the lag, because the lag ruins fun. But they took out lots of good things. Instead of downloading the skins for free, you will have to pay for it. And instead of lots of people joining one game, only 8 people can join in one game. It's like if this game turned into the past all of a sudden. If you to enjoy minecraft better, then get the PC version for the maximum enjoyment for this game. Expand
  64. Nov 24, 2012
    Good port of an amazing game. The xbox 360 edition of the game is crap compared to the PC version, but is still a decent game. The one thing that makes Minecraft addictive is the replay value. There are an infinite amount of things to do. Of course, this depends on the player's imagination. The game is far behind the PC version. (About 6-10 months). The port is also buggy and sometimes frustrating because of all these glitches. The multiplayer is almost unplayable when playing with 4 or more people. The world size is embarrassingly small, and all the skin packs are crap. This is a mediocre game. Expand
  65. Nov 23, 2012
    I love minecraft since I saw and I love minecraft for 360 the only **** part about is you have to have a hdtv and a hdmi cable to play splitscreen wich is **** i dont see why you cant just play regularly and why they had to make it so complicated for ppl to play with there friend this is a perfect example of them of gaming companys ripping ppl off I dont know much about progamming or anything but im pretty sure they could have just as easyly made a normal splitscreen mode without any fancy cables or hdtv but they choose not to they want to to buy as much of there product as possible like another example is with one of the newer final fantasys you have to pay to see the ending I am just personally tired of xbox being the money grubbing whore it is today Expand
  66. Nov 23, 2012
    This is a great game and the tutorial dosent even do it justice. This is a game you need to buy and play with friends to fully understand how great it is. I have since got bored of it but I have put in 1000s of hours already on this 20$ arcade game. (more hours then all the other games I have COMBINED) I would recommend this game for people young, old and everyone in between. Plus new features are still being added without having to buy DLC. If you haven't bought this game, your missing out Expand
  67. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favorite game of all time it is so fun because there is always something to do the only thing I don't like is that there is no soap but besides that Minecraft is the best game EVER!!! Expand
  68. Oct 29, 2012
    Although the maps are smaller and the game is not yet up to date with the newest versions on the PC it still is really good. Having a splitscreen mode makes it even better; transforming a single player expereince (with online servers your still alone) to a 'social' game where you can talk in real life and really cooperate/battle in a much funner way! It's kind of hard to explain, but splitscreen is just really, really, really, really awesome! Of course there are some bugs and other annoying things but you should just see this (espacially now, after the 1.8 update) as a really cool version of minecraft that is sometimes even more fun than the version on the PC. Expand
  69. Oct 22, 2012
    This game is fun its amazing what you can do and what you can make there are almost endless posiblities but it is this game feels lifeless at some points (unless you play with friends) because there is no one besides monsters or animals to interact with this game will be better though because they update it alot and they are actually going to have npcs in the one of the new updates which i think will make the game seem more alive but this game is addicting and fun this game is a must have Expand
  70. Oct 11, 2012
    This game is great fun, unfortunatly it is heavly over shadowed by the seeminly lack of interest by its devs fabs have been waiting for an update for months now.
  71. Sep 27, 2012
    This is a casual game for plebeians without taste, or for people who don't have a PC to run this game. As a port it was even worse (shockingly) than the PC version because it lacked the ability to use mods, which make up most of the PC game play.
  72. Sep 19, 2012
    I played Minecraft a lot on the PC. The game is brilliant and extremely addictive. Here on the Xbox 360, although it isn't the very latest version of the game and there are a few features missing, I can relax in front of the TV, controller in hand, and either play it online with friends or in split-screen with the kids. Using the Xbox controller and having 4 player split-screen means Minecraft isn't just there for my own amusement on the PC anymore, it's also become one of the most fun games within the family. The kids love it, the controls are simple enough, and whether they're busy building stuff or avoiding monsters they're having a lot of fun with this. Expand
  73. Sep 11, 2012
    The game is great,but still,it can´t be like the PC version.Why? Because when you play alone during a long time the game just turns boring,the option of playing in other servers should be active! Still,some other errors this game has are the mysterious thing that doesn´t let you join your friends games because you are not their friend. But some other great things about the game are that you can select your skin (I still prefeer the PC method,but this is good too) Another great detail is that you don´t have the options to fly and all that,it lets you build your world without any hack.
    4J made a great job in the XBOX version,but it still has to correct some errors.I hope the updates can make me smile like I did at the original Minecraft.
  74. Aug 31, 2012
    First time I reviewed this game a rated it a 2 and wrote 'Did my son really spend 1600 microsoft points on this? Yes, I'm afraid he did. 1/10 for graphics, 7/10 for gameplay. The graphics look like something off a Sega Magadrive! To think the £15 or so he spent on this would have bought three older games form our local games shop (Fifa 11, Gears of War 2, Assassins Creed 2 for example - any one of which would outclass Minecraft). If Minecraft had cost £2.50 it would be OK, but at £15 its a steal (for Microsoft).'

I was wrong. Big time. All my kids and all their friends love it. I still can't see it myself, but I can't argue with 15 or so kids. Its a 10 from me.
  75. Aug 13, 2012
    It's good for the Xbox, even though it's very mediocre compared to the original on the PC. Then again, it's "Minecraft - Xbox 360 Version", and not "Minecraft for the Xbox 360". My only advice is, buy it on the PC (Unless your PC isn't that good). The only reason why i dont got it PC myself is because i can't be arsed about PC gaming. But with the limited options on the Xbox, chances are you'll get bored after a while. And they seriously need to fix that duplication glitch. Expand
  76. Aug 10, 2012
    I love this game!!!! Maps ARE HUGE like i play 10 hours a day and i still have not uncovered the whole map everything on this game is great you need to get this game now!!!!!!!!
  77. Aug 2, 2012
    This game is amazing!When I write these reviews I try to look at what is bad about the game compared to what is good about the game.But after investing hours into this game I couldn't really find any flaws.The game consists of players being dropped into a block world and searching for elements to make tools and build whatever your mind wants.If you have the time and materials you can build amazing works of art in hours!Some people give this game a bad rating only due to the fact that it is a port of the PC version of mine-craft.The game is regularly being updated and will one day be on par with the PC version!The game can be played with up to 14 friends on XBOX Live and also 4 player split screen!I was so into this game that I got it the morning it came out and started playing til the next morning and didn't even realize it!I was so engulfed in the game that time flew by as I was playing.This is an awesome game but there is one thing I dislike about it!DLC!It seems that there is one paid skin pack that is about 2 dollars.It includes about 40+ skins but these same skins are free on PC!Why not make them fee on Xbox.I guess it isn't too big and doesn't take away that this is a must buy on xbox! Expand
  78. Jul 25, 2012
    I got Minecraft back in it's time of beta, and watched it evolve until I got tired past 1.3 where you had to feed your character, with all those updates like weapon enchanting, etc. I just didn't like too much to Minecraft, I loved the simplicity of what Minecraft was, but when I seen Minecraft on Xbox first, I thought it would just be what I left so didn't pass any heed to it. After a while my friends were telling me to buy it, I went to a friends, we made a world and played it for hours, we built wonders, 4J brought back my love for Minecraft, it's simplicity, it was what Minecraft use to be, it was brilliant! It also has a brilliant soundtrack done by C418, it makes the game that more relaxing, just sitting back building God knows what, which a peaceful soundtrack, which I love in any game!
    Defiantly worth the buy, the multiplayer is great, the graphics are great, the sound is great! 9/10! Loved it!
  79. DME
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lacks very many features that it's PC counterpart has. Unfortunately, in order for players to play on a world, the world's host must be signed in at all times. This is actually a much bigger deal than most people would think. If you and a whole team of buddies get together and build a huge world, nobody can access it unless the Host player is online. Still, it's a decent port to the Xbox 360 that functions well with few glitches and bugs. Expand
  80. Jul 23, 2012
    I like it it's the original minecraft but with a better crafting mode, the maps are smaller and is a old version but the splitscreen mode is fantastic.
  81. Jul 22, 2012
    If you like vanilla minecraft this is a must get. Im pretty sure they will add texture packs later in the games life but even now I say its a must buy ONLY if you don't have the pc. If you do its still a great game but it will get old fast
  82. Jul 22, 2012
    It was late last night when my human thrall left to perform his daily routine of running about the city doing human things, but he had mentioned a peculiar human obsession for what he referred to as Video Games. In my efforts to gather intelligence on the human race for the coming invasion of my people, and the endless failure I have suffered at my thrall's inability to do anything to help me repair my ship (he tore the patch on the Element-51 tank and leaked out the remaining contents into his garage floor. Blasted fool!) I decided to have Oracle study the devices at the front of the room. The television, and most importantly the strange Box of 360 X's.
    It didn't take long to discern how to turn the device on, and the television roared to life, flashing upon the large display screen above.
    "Box of X!" I commanded. "Show me this... video game!"
    It did nothing.
    "Box of X! I demand video games! Obey me now!"
    No reply.
    That's when Oracle informed me of a handheld wireless device laying nearby. I reached over, picked it up. It was covered in buttons and analog sticks. Ahh. I understood. You controlled it with your hands. How quaint.
    I scrolled through the menus, quickly navigating my way to the games, then came upon another menu with a list. The first that caught my eye was Minecraft. I chose it.
    I was instantly confused. Had the resolution shifted? Was it meant to be so... so blocky? I decided it best to carry on in my study. After some playing around in the menu, I chose to start a new game.
    My next experience was one of surprise. As the world of Minecraft laid out before me, I noticed it has a certain sense of beauty about it. Blocky arboreal growths jutted from the green ground-covering. Cubed earth lifeforms usually harvested for meat wandered about. Instructions flashed on the screen, informing me of how to properly utilize the software interface between myself and the Minecraft.
    I wandered about at first, doing as it commanded and gathering resources. I must admit at first I had misunderstood the purpose of the Minecraft.That is, until I realized I could use the redstone and piston technologies offered in the game to build a large-scale model of my ship! From there, I could command my thrall to study it in-depth!
    Yes! The Minecraft was clearly an educational tool!
    I set myself to the task, first starting with the underside of the ship. Getting the blinking lights correct was a challenge, but considering my mind's vast superiority over the piddling human brain, it was a challenge that was overcome quickly. I constructed the outer shell from cobblestone, as it was a commonly accessible resource. The size of the Minecraft ship was many times larger, comparatively, than that of my actual ship, but due to the right-angles and generally linear three-dimensional space, it became a necessity. Also, the inability to transmit a redstone current without redstone wire was a drawback.
    I continued to design the ship, running back and forth between locations, ensuring my area was protected against Creepers and Skeletons, and building the engine. I moved my way up to the Element-51 tank, taking the time to fill it with lava. I began the navigation equipment, the pitch, the yaw controls. Then I completed the Quantum Entanglement Comm Relay. None of it would function, of course, but I created it in such a way that he would begin to grasp the concept of how my ship worked. If all went well, I would finally be able to rely on him to repair the ship while I complete my mission.
    I had finally put the final pieces of the ship together when I suddenly noticed a peculiar glare coming from the display screen. I traced it to its source, only to take note of your sun rising outside the glass portal in the side of the house. The real-life house. I realized nearly 8 of your earth-hours had passed, and I'd barely noticed it at all.
    In closing, I would like to start that utilizing the Minecraft should not be done if you have something important to do. The time spent within its interface can eat up days of your life without remorse if you allow it. The general ability to do whatever you wish in the game is an addictive draw, but can be easily abused. The music is soothing, but becomes too repetitive after a while. Some more variety would be nice.
    I would also like to state that some resources are notoriously hard to find, such as the mythical Stronghold, I heard my thrall speak of. The colors in the game are vibrant and eye-pleasing, but the texture of the blocks were of a very poor resolution and often became a pain to look at.
    And finally, I believe it to be a powerful educational tool. Alterations to the software would have to be made, of course, but I daresay it would become a popular tool at the Academies on Reticula IV in terms of its redstone and piston features.
    I shall put my thrall to work on it immediately! With any luck, his pathetic human intellect will be enough...
  83. Jul 14, 2012
    Relaxing change to killing and racing - Kids love it - Prob. this will only be bettered for my kids by 'lego minecraft' - great fun - relaxing - creative - really a different game - reminds me of good old days of 8 bit gaming when games where games to be played - not like most of the trash released these days with zero gameplay involved - your imagination is only limit to what you can make in this game - even after you got achievements - you'll still be hooked Expand
  84. Jul 11, 2012
    At first I was quite skepticle towards the release of minecraft for the Xbox 360 (me owing the PC version of corse). But upon purchase I reallized that this port is actually alot better then what I thought. I found connecting to friends a lot easier then before with the ability to use Xbox Live and use party chat to talk to seprate friends too. The only down side to this XBLA title is its hefty 20 dollar price tag on the Xbox marketplace. This game is fun to play with friends and tinker with plenty of in game tools. Expand
  85. Jul 8, 2012
    Personally, I believe that this version of Minecraft is astonishing! Sure, you cannot have EVERYTHING that is on the PC version on this console version, but this is just the first step. It took years for Minecraft on PC to get where it is today, and you do not expect it to take as long to get it on console? They have to switch all the code for a separate device. And it has amazing resolution, and has split-screen! Of course it is not endless, that would be devastating to the console and would be difficult to accomplish, if not impossible, with the smooth gameplay it has on the console. And the best part is it has that nostalgic feel when there's no food bar or EXP bar, or anything else that just spams your game; its like playing the original! Expand
  86. Jul 6, 2012
    This game has all the best values of an officially packaged game, with the addition of fresh new ideas. However, it can be a bit difficult to get to grips with the controls, but for the casual gamer, this is a must buy.
  87. Jul 5, 2012
    It's Minecraft on the 360; pretty simple. Still very addictive and fun with friends. Yes, it's an older version, but it will continue to get updated. Yes, the maps are smaller than the PC, but it's Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (NOT THE PC!). If you want the exact PC version go play the PC version, but don't knock this version for being something it doesn't claim to be. Ignore the negative reviews, as everyone seems to forget to review this for being the 360 edition. If you have a 360, and are not going to play it on the PC, this is the one for you, and it's well worth the investment; lots to do! Expand
  88. Jul 5, 2012
    Minecraft XBLA got me introduced to this great indie game by Mojang. Its simplistic at the surface, but once you start to get further and further into it, Minecraft can become an addicting game that will evolve into an experience as complicated and intricate as you let it. Its completely based on your imagination; want to build it? Go find the materials and get to work.
    Unfortunately, the
    XBLA version did not launch coinciding with the latest PC update, so it may be a while before we get some of the awesome features present on that version (food bar, enchanting, brewing, adventures, and NPC structures just to name a few) But overall a faithful port that will only get better as updates continue to come out Expand
  89. Jul 1, 2012
    I am a huge fan of Minecraft. When I heard that it was coming to Xbox with cross-platforming, skins, texture packs, mods, and the latest up-to-date version (although that wasn't so bad), I should have not trusted a company I had never heard of before. Who are 4JStudios? I have no idea! Perhaps if Mojang ported Minecraft to the Xbox360, it would have lived up to these empty promises. While this was a huge let-down, I was quite impressed with the split screen functionalities, the general quality of the port, and the sweet nostalgia of Beta 1.6.6, not to mention the fact that it was completely re-written in C++ and not Java. If you're a strict console gamer, but you've heard of Minecraft, I recommend this to you, defiantly. If you're a long time player who wants a nostalgia burst, be my guest. I do not, however, recommend this to people who were waiting for it and were exited about 4j's empty promises, so don't bother if you're one of those people. Expand
  90. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is a very easy one to score, as the XBox360 version of Minecraft is exactly half as good as the PC version! So it immediately places it in the 5/10 region in terms of score.

Though it is worth noting that I owe the XBox360 version a debt of gratitude. After playing it, I realised that this is not a bad game at all; just that it is the archetypal PC game, so I grabbed it on the
    PC and never looked back.

For those reading these reviews and considering what platform to opt for, there isn't a question to be had. If you have a PC, you get the PC version. If for whatever reason you can't get it on the PC, then the 360 version is "not bad". Just don't expect to be blown away by the Minecraft experience in the same way as your PC playing peers.
  91. Jun 25, 2012
    I was excited about minecraft for xbox 360 until I started playing. What they have done is used the old edition of minecraft. I bought the game during beta 1.8 and it was worth buying but minecraft for xbox is not worth it.

The multi-player is good because it does not require hours of setting up a server but if lets say 7 people are playing on a world the host has to be there which is
    annoying if the host is almost never online.

The crafting I at first thought was bad but when your using an xbox controller it's not that bad. I was disappointed to see they had left a lot of items out including simple ones like glass panes!

That's said I do enjoy the fact that if your world is griefed you can revert to last save which is very good if your like me and have accidents with fire.

To sum up i would say to buy the game but you would not experience the full entertainment as minecraft PC.
  92. Jun 24, 2012
    This game Sucks compared to the PC version, no mods, no recent updates, no split screen unless you have HDTV, the game feels boring when you play alone, the menu is horrible and way to slow , maps are small.
  93. Jun 23, 2012
    Veterans of Minecraft or newcomers will feel comfortable in the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. There are some cons, the biggest being that this version of Minecraft is far behind the PC version. This means a few less features (no hunger, less recipes, etc), and a smaller map. However, the updates will be rolled out in due time, so this is a smart investment for only $20.00. The accessibility of the game is a huge selling point for this version - you just plug in a controller, hit start, and you suddenly have your friends next to you playing in your world. Alternatively, you can invite friends over Xbox live too. Personally, the controls feel much better on a crisp controller, but that is my opinion.

The game itself is generally very simple yet deep. You destroy and create materials (blocks), with many ways to do so and many outcomes. Spawn in a forest, and want to create a small cave to protect you at night time until you get more materials? Want to create a house inside trees, suspended in the air, with a giant staircase leading downward into the dungeon you want to challenge? You really can do anything you want.

Verdict: Get this if you don't own Minecraft on the PC, or want to easily play with friends in this vast, creative world. For $20.00, you can't go wrong!
  94. Jun 20, 2012
    Thrown into a world where anything is possible. That's not Minecraft Xbox 360. That's more Minecraft Pc. Does that mean Minecraft 360 is bad? Not in the slightest. I played about 20 hours of Minecraft pc in the early days before I moved on. Funnyenough when I stopped playing is exactly how far the 360 version is to the Pc version. I am both a console and Pc Gamer and found this game works well on both platforms. What really got me hooked on the 360 version is the co-op. Being able to sit down local play with up to four friends can be some of the most frantic fun you have. My friend and I spent a total of 10 hours building absolutely elaborate and huge castles and it was some of the most fun I've had in video games! My main complaint about the game is the achievements. They felt more like objectives to a game which you should make you're own in. Once I had 400/400 gamerscore, I suddenly didn't feel the urge. This is something that usually wouldn't effect me in video games but strangely did for this game. Though there is much to learn from these games, creativity, innovation and of course how to grief. If you can't smash the windows of your friends house in real life, fill his house with water and build a giant flaming wall around it, then Minecraft is the place to be! Expand
  95. Jun 18, 2012
    It's really broken.
    I would just get it on PC if you want to get it at all.

You get mods, actually unlimited generation and the actually whole fame.
  96. Jun 13, 2012
    If you are wanting to check out Minecraft for the first time, the Xbox 360 version adds a few new features that make it more user-friendly than its PC counterpart. But at the same time, the 360 version is an older build of the popular PC game with some changes. There are no dedicated servers, some items are unavailable (clay), and a limited map size. At the same time, they offer drop in/drop out play on other players save files.

The 1600 MSP is cheaper than its PC counterpart ($26.95) but since there are features missing (dedicated servers, some items not available to be crafted, limited map size) its a wash in my opinion. If they decide to update the 360 version to the PC's current version, I would give this a 9.
  97. Jun 13, 2012
    I bought this game for PC not knowing anything about it, but soon fell in love with this masterpiece of a game. I then thought, well if the game was awesome on PC, it's gotta be awesome on Xbox. So I went out and got some Microsoft points, and bought the game. Now don't get me wrong, Minecraft is a great game, whether it's for PC or 360. But I find the version on 360 is a lot more dulled down and isn't as thrilling as it is on PC. Now I say this because when you use a crafting table, it shows everything that you can build, and how many of something you need and what you need. On PC you had to figure this stuff out and remember it, which I felt made the game just that much more of a challenge and fun. (fun if your friends didn't know how to do it but you did) Minecraft is an awesome game; no doubt, but I think it should only really be played on PC. Expand
  98. Jun 10, 2012
    now if your thinking of buying this game then you should even if your not a regular online player its a good game the reason i took 1 mark off is because its better if you are but still it dosnt really matter its thats the only reason so buy this game...........willy out :) peace
  99. Jun 3, 2012
    To compare this port to the pc version is unfair. If the Xbox 360 version was the first released, it would be rated just as well as the pc version is rated. Many of the updates people are used to do not exist in the game because it started development before Minecraft on pc was officially released. I highly enjoy this game and the original Minecraft because of the dynamic world generator and the fact that you can build almost anything you want. Minecraft offers plenty of content, and while I wish you could change your skin or texture pack, they don't detract from the fun. If mods are enabled through XBLA, It will make the game that much better. Expand
  100. May 14, 2012
    The Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft is GREAT. Not better than the PC version, but it is a more vanilla version of the same great game. "More" vanilla... not blank. It's a rewind version of about (i heard 6 months in one review) six months ago. Not a huge gripe. Updates will roll out over time, but that just means Minecraft will stay a timed PC exclusive. Now I can play this great game with all my Live friends. I've stayed up into the A.M. with my wife in split-screen a couple of nights already. Elitists, chill out. Be proud the game is a timed PC exclusive for the updates. I'm not complaining. Collapse

Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]