7.2

1. May 9, 2012
    Other console that have a great year. After play The Witcher 2, now appear Minecraf: Xbox 360 Edition a great version of the incredible game of PC, the graphics are cool, the gameplay is amazing this is like a little brother of the PC version, but the game is funny.
  2. Jun 2, 2014
    While its not absolutely the best version of Minecraft its good edition for the Xbox 360..............................................................
  3. ERB
    Oct 12, 2013
    This game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you haveThis game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you have fun].Okay one final question why is this game underrated and why are some critics and users putting a low score in this game.This game is good.Yet some users and critics are hating this game.Screw them.Okay guys that is all what I have to say.This game is good and you must try playing this game.It is really worth it.Have fun playing this game. Collapse
  4. May 11, 2012
    So far, same old minecraft. claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssic. Great gameplay, so crappy its good graphics, and creativity make this good, and xbla makes it better.
  5. Mar 18, 2013
    Grab some friends, make some plans and start your very own adventure! With Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition's smooth and easy to control gameplay and sublime mechanics, you'll easily find yourself murdering time with your thumbsticks!
  6. Apr 27, 2013
    My favourite edition of Minecraft with excellent crafting better graphics and amazing split-screen and with lots of features and now with spawn eggs and The End and all the leaderboards, achievements and HD graphics and excellent controls and well worth the 1600 MSP the best XBLA game
  7. Aug 31, 2012
    First time I reviewed this game a rated it a 2 and wrote 'Did my son really spend 1600 microsoft points on this? Yes, I'm afraid he did. 1/10 for graphics, 7/10 for gameplay. The graphics look like something off a Sega Magadrive! To think the £15 or so he spent on this would have bought three older games form our local games shop (Fifa 11, Gears of War 2, Assassins Creed 2 forFirst time I reviewed this game a rated it a 2 and wrote 'Did my son really spend 1600 microsoft points on this? Yes, I'm afraid he did. 1/10 for graphics, 7/10 for gameplay. The graphics look like something off a Sega Magadrive! To think the £15 or so he spent on this would have bought three older games form our local games shop (Fifa 11, Gears of War 2, Assassins Creed 2 for example - any one of which would outclass Minecraft). If Minecraft had cost £2.50 it would be OK, but at £15 its a steal (for Microsoft).'

I was wrong. Big time. All my kids and all their friends love it. I still can't see it myself, but I can't argue with 15 or so kids. Its a 10 from me.
  8. Nov 2, 2014
    minecraft is one of the best games you can do whatever you want unlike terraria where its just a 2d downgrade the only problems about this game is sky and those creepers overall i give this game a 9/10
  9. Aug 29, 2013
    Of all the great life simulation games (Harvest Moon, The Sims, etc.) I really think that this is a really great addition. Though it is quite expensive for an indi game it is still incredibly fun and even has some really great multiplayer.
  10. May 19, 2012
    Minecraft on the 360. That's it plain and simple. But it is still really fun! It control very well and it is nice to not have to find a server and worry all the cool stuff you collect will be raided by random people. The 8 player co op is great too allowing you and friends to be able to build and mine together. My one criticism though is that despite still being able to unleash yourMinecraft on the 360. That's it plain and simple. But it is still really fun! It control very well and it is nice to not have to find a server and worry all the cool stuff you collect will be raided by random people. The 8 player co op is great too allowing you and friends to be able to build and mine together. My one criticism though is that despite still being able to unleash your creativity, the version of the game is not the most version of Minecraft. They claim they will update it but i fear Microsoft will make you pay more for those. But for now this is well worth your 20 dollars! Expand
  11. May 14, 2012
    Having never played Minecraft on PC, but knowing of the phenomenon it was and still is, I see why it's been so revered. Downloaded the game and 6 hours later, I did not realize 6 hours went by. While the concept of it is very simple and there isn't exactly that much out of the ordinary, it's very easy to get into and very easy to find yourself addicted. Obviously playing alone doesn't giveHaving never played Minecraft on PC, but knowing of the phenomenon it was and still is, I see why it's been so revered. Downloaded the game and 6 hours later, I did not realize 6 hours went by. While the concept of it is very simple and there isn't exactly that much out of the ordinary, it's very easy to get into and very easy to find yourself addicted. Obviously playing alone doesn't give you the full experience, so playing with friends or other people in general is necessary. It's only knock is that I feel that the enemies can be a bit overwhelming. I understand your character is a lonely "inventor" of sorts, but it sucks that as soon as nightfall hits, it's either station myself in one place or attempt to scavenge for more supplies and get easily killed. Enemies come in bunches and are terribly difficult to get rid of, and this is on easy difficulty. Other than that, i'm hooked. Expand
  12. Jan 28, 2014
    Probably the best time-waster on the xbox 360, you can play for hours on end with a friend as well. As much hate as I might get for saying this, mine craft is simply more fun on the Xbox 360. Well done Mojang.
  13. May 19, 2012
    Stop being so negative about the Xbox now having Minecraft. Here's the short version of my review to save your time and my own. Think Minecraft Alpha (the first version of minecraft) with an advanced crafting system that gives you the recipe and what you're missing for what you want to make. All that's different between the Xbox version, and the Computer version is that the Xbox can't useStop being so negative about the Xbox now having Minecraft. Here's the short version of my review to save your time and my own. Think Minecraft Alpha (the first version of minecraft) with an advanced crafting system that gives you the recipe and what you're missing for what you want to make. All that's different between the Xbox version, and the Computer version is that the Xbox can't use mods, nor creative mode. So no experimenting with building houses, or avoiding enemies, or living without worrying about health. So other than that the game is terrific and I play it nearly every day. If you are creative enough and good at surviving in strange environments with hostile creatures than buy this game. P.S. PS3 gamers, suck it. We have Minecraft now. Hahaha Expand
  14. May 17, 2013
    Since the 1.9 update was release on XBLA there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best XBLA games money can buy. Since I left my childhood I've always had a secret longing to play with blocks again, and Minecraft is the perfect excuse to do so. While the XBLA version will never be on the same level as the PC version in terms of game updates, it still has everything required toSince the 1.9 update was release on XBLA there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best XBLA games money can buy. Since I left my childhood I've always had a secret longing to play with blocks again, and Minecraft is the perfect excuse to do so. While the XBLA version will never be on the same level as the PC version in terms of game updates, it still has everything required to make this a worthwhile investment of your hard-earned Microsoft points. Expand
  15. May 9, 2012
    Even if the 360 port of Minecraft is lacking many things, it does not detract from the overall immersion and experience you get in Mojang's world. Cons:
    -The port did take away the "trial-and-error" crafting, in support of auto-crafting that the computer will do for you (if you have the necessary items).
    -The game world isn't as expansive on the 360 which means the depth and the overall earth the map encompasses is much smaller.
    -No character customization

Pros:
    -Highly addictive gameplay that translates well from the PC version
    -Very pleasing graphics that are worked in a way to stimulate the senses
    -Absolutely chilling piano score
    -Day/Night cycles are handled very well
    -Combat is on-point
    -Multiplayer is fun and addictive and it compliments the overall experience

I recommend this to anybody and everybody.
  16. May 22, 2012
    Minecraft on xbox360 is not up to date, but if you have never played the PC-version i suggest you to buy it. This game is really funny and in coop it is even better. You can mine through the ground and the anture and and then build up palaces. I like to lie on my couch playing minecraft with friends.
  17. Jan 6, 2014
    What is there to say about Minecraft that hasn't already been said. It's one of the most addicting, innovative, original games of all time. No game out there lets you express your creativity and imagination like Minecraft does. Think of Minecraft as the hardcore version of Legos.
  18. Mar 18, 2013
    All I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting ifAll I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting if you have nothing to do. Expand
  19. Nov 23, 2012
    This is a great game and the tutorial dosent even do it justice. This is a game you need to buy and play with friends to fully understand how great it is. I have since got bored of it but I have put in 1000s of hours already on this 20$ arcade game. (more hours then all the other games I have COMBINED) I would recommend this game for people young, old and everyone in between. Plus newThis is a great game and the tutorial dosent even do it justice. This is a game you need to buy and play with friends to fully understand how great it is. I have since got bored of it but I have put in 1000s of hours already on this 20$ arcade game. (more hours then all the other games I have COMBINED) I would recommend this game for people young, old and everyone in between. Plus new features are still being added without having to buy DLC. If you haven't bought this game, your missing out Expand
  20. May 29, 2012
    A fantastic game regardless of the platform. This version contains the main features, but unfortunately does not yet include some more recent updates. A tutorial, crafting information and game hints are all available to the players, preventing the need to research information. Definitely a must buy for Minecraft fans and a great experience for new players.
  21. Jul 5, 2012
    Minecraft XBLA got me introduced to this great indie game by Mojang. Its simplistic at the surface, but once you start to get further and further into it, Minecraft can become an addicting game that will evolve into an experience as complicated and intricate as you let it. Its completely based on your imagination; want to build it? Go find the materials and get to work.
    Unfortunately, the
    Unfortunately, the XBLA version did not launch coinciding with the latest PC update, so it may be a while before we get some of the awesome features present on that version (food bar, enchanting, brewing, adventures, and NPC structures just to name a few) But overall a faithful port that will only get better as updates continue to come out
  22. Aug 10, 2012
    I love this game!!!! Maps ARE HUGE like i play 10 hours a day and i still have not uncovered the whole map everything on this game is great you need to get this game now!!!!!!!!
  23. Aug 3, 2013
    this game is buas it will end up being the Mario of xbox games it is a legand not to be played with this is a monster that eats you you will get addicted fast MINECRAFT IS #1
  24. Jan 12, 2014
    I first played minecraft on the pc but once I played it on the 360, the controls and the crafting menu was definitely better. even though you cant get the same perks as the pc, who cares because when minecraft first came out it was exactly like this and hey the title updates come out fast and they will eventually catch up to the pc at this rate. to anyone who try's to compare to the pcI first played minecraft on the pc but once I played it on the 360, the controls and the crafting menu was definitely better. even though you cant get the same perks as the pc, who cares because when minecraft first came out it was exactly like this and hey the title updates come out fast and they will eventually catch up to the pc at this rate. to anyone who try's to compare to the pc version, shame on you, all because it don't have the same perks as pc, this is an early stage just like when it first came out. sorry it cant be up to date with the latest version on pc. Expand
  25. May 9, 2012
    The Xbox Port of Minecraft is often getting compared to the advanced PC, which Is basically unfair. The reviews should be based on the Xbox version alone. Minecraft is just one of those rare games that come along, that you find yourself still playing 3 years later.
  26. Aug 22, 2013
    minecraft offers tons and tons of fun and addicting gameplay which can satisfy you for hours upon hours, it is brilliant for letting your imagination run wild. the only bad thing is that the pc updates come way later on the xbox.
  27. Nov 16, 2014
    It's an amazing singleplayer sand box experience, but it's even better with friends online. Having 8 of your friends playing hunger games, pvp, or just smp is one of the best experiences. Also with multiple different texture packs/mash up packs/ and skins it deserves a 10/10
  28. May 10, 2012
    Minecraft, with a few temporary downgrades, but with split screen. If the developers follow through and update this game quickly, I'm sure it will be the best arcade game on xbla.
  29. Dec 14, 2013
    This game doesn't look as good and doesn't have the lengthiness of the PC version, however is so much more fun and has no cheats, everyone is on level ground and there is no hassle of servers. You will enjoy it on the 360 more than the PC if you can get go back in time from the PC version as it's updates come out much later then they do on the PC.
  30. Jan 4, 2014
    It's quite well developed, with all the updates that have come along since its conception, however it's just not as good as the PC. However, where the game falls behind in comparison to the PC equivalent, it makes up for with local multiplayer. No need to purchase another copy of Minecraft to play LAN, as per PC requirements, all you need is another controller!
  31. Aug 2, 2012
    This game is amazing!When I write these reviews I try to look at what is bad about the game compared to what is good about the game.But after investing hours into this game I couldn't really find any flaws.The game consists of players being dropped into a block world and searching for elements to make tools and build whatever your mind wants.If you have the time and materials you can buildThis game is amazing!When I write these reviews I try to look at what is bad about the game compared to what is good about the game.But after investing hours into this game I couldn't really find any flaws.The game consists of players being dropped into a block world and searching for elements to make tools and build whatever your mind wants.If you have the time and materials you can build amazing works of art in hours!Some people give this game a bad rating only due to the fact that it is a port of the PC version of mine-craft.The game is regularly being updated and will one day be on par with the PC version!The game can be played with up to 14 friends on XBOX Live and also 4 player split screen!I was so into this game that I got it the morning it came out and started playing til the next morning and didn't even realize it!I was so engulfed in the game that time flew by as I was playing.This is an awesome game but there is one thing I dislike about it!DLC!It seems that there is one paid skin pack that is about 2 dollars.It includes about 40+ skins but these same skins are free on PC!Why not make them fee on Xbox.I guess it isn't too big and doesn't take away that this is a must buy on xbox! Expand
  32. Jun 20, 2012
    Thrown into a world where anything is possible. That's not Minecraft Xbox 360. That's more Minecraft Pc. Does that mean Minecraft 360 is bad? Not in the slightest. I played about 20 hours of Minecraft pc in the early days before I moved on. Funnyenough when I stopped playing is exactly how far the 360 version is to the Pc version. I am both a console and Pc Gamer and found this game worksThrown into a world where anything is possible. That's not Minecraft Xbox 360. That's more Minecraft Pc. Does that mean Minecraft 360 is bad? Not in the slightest. I played about 20 hours of Minecraft pc in the early days before I moved on. Funnyenough when I stopped playing is exactly how far the 360 version is to the Pc version. I am both a console and Pc Gamer and found this game works well on both platforms. What really got me hooked on the 360 version is the co-op. Being able to sit down local play with up to four friends can be some of the most frantic fun you have. My friend and I spent a total of 10 hours building absolutely elaborate and huge castles and it was some of the most fun I've had in video games! My main complaint about the game is the achievements. They felt more like objectives to a game which you should make you're own in. Once I had 400/400 gamerscore, I suddenly didn't feel the urge. This is something that usually wouldn't effect me in video games but strangely did for this game. Though there is much to learn from these games, creativity, innovation and of course how to grief. If you can't smash the windows of your friends house in real life, fill his house with water and build a giant flaming wall around it, then Minecraft is the place to be! Expand
  33. Sep 18, 2014
    I don't game that much on PC (my computer sucks) so seeing Minecraft being ported to the 360 was a pleasant surprise. It's a lot of fun single player, but it is even better getting a split screen game going with friends and working together on the huge survival maps. The controls take a bit of getting used to, and the music could have some more variety but this was an excellent port sinceI don't game that much on PC (my computer sucks) so seeing Minecraft being ported to the 360 was a pleasant surprise. It's a lot of fun single player, but it is even better getting a split screen game going with friends and working together on the huge survival maps. The controls take a bit of getting used to, and the music could have some more variety but this was an excellent port since I'm sure people who played this game before had low expectations for a console version of Minecraft. Expand
  34. May 14, 2012
    A great choice for those who either don't have access to a decent pc, or for those who simply just want an easy portal to game with friends - xbox live. While it doesn't quite meet up with what the pc version of the game offers, it is still a very fun and addicting experience, and it runs great on the 360. For a $20 price tag, you can expect countless hours or entertainment, either aloneA great choice for those who either don't have access to a decent pc, or for those who simply just want an easy portal to game with friends - xbox live. While it doesn't quite meet up with what the pc version of the game offers, it is still a very fun and addicting experience, and it runs great on the 360. For a $20 price tag, you can expect countless hours or entertainment, either alone or with friends. In my opinion, this is the greatest title on offer through XBLA at this moment. With the game to only be improved over time, this buy should be a no-brainer for anyone interested. Expand
  35. Mar 20, 2013
    I was a fan of the minecraft on the PC ever since the alpha version came out, it was one of those games that praised creativity and captured the imaginations of a community, it quickly spread as one of the best PC open sandbox games so naturally when it was announced for the XBOX 360 my friends and I were on board from the start.

Day one I downloaded it and made a map (I still have the

Day one I downloaded it and made a map (I still have the map!) and every once in a while they release an update for the game which drives us back to minecraft in hopes our favorite things from the PC version made it into the XBOX version but many times have been disappointed.

If you can't run the PC version without lag pick this one up, it's essentially the same thing.
  36. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a really great game because it is so out of the ordinary it isn't a first person shooter and it isn't a strategy game It is just the type of game that has endless possibility's use your mind to re create ideas or things in ordinary life into the game and it's just a game you use to relaxe and calm your mind I love it
  37. Jun 14, 2014
    The Xbox 360 version has by far, the most content, DLCs, good version (because I think the newest versions like the horse and stuff are just ridiculous) and skin packs, and it makes this game a whopping 10/10
  38. Jul 5, 2012
    It's Minecraft on the 360; pretty simple. Still very addictive and fun with friends. Yes, it's an older version, but it will continue to get updated. Yes, the maps are smaller than the PC, but it's Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (NOT THE PC!). If you want the exact PC version go play the PC version, but don't knock this version for being something it doesn't claim to be. Ignore the negativeIt's Minecraft on the 360; pretty simple. Still very addictive and fun with friends. Yes, it's an older version, but it will continue to get updated. Yes, the maps are smaller than the PC, but it's Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (NOT THE PC!). If you want the exact PC version go play the PC version, but don't knock this version for being something it doesn't claim to be. Ignore the negative reviews, as everyone seems to forget to review this for being the 360 edition. If you have a 360, and are not going to play it on the PC, this is the one for you, and it's well worth the investment; lots to do! Expand
  39. May 9, 2014
    this game is just amazing althought it has no story it does what it was meant to be build anything you want and people whining about what it doesn't have like enderman, hunger meters, it has it know so stop crying and wait for updates it could add something you love. any way its worth the money
  40. Jul 11, 2012
    At first I was quite skepticle towards the release of minecraft for the Xbox 360 (me owing the PC version of corse). But upon purchase I reallized that this port is actually alot better then what I thought. I found connecting to friends a lot easier then before with the ability to use Xbox Live and use party chat to talk to seprate friends too. The only down side to this XBLA title is itsAt first I was quite skepticle towards the release of minecraft for the Xbox 360 (me owing the PC version of corse). But upon purchase I reallized that this port is actually alot better then what I thought. I found connecting to friends a lot easier then before with the ability to use Xbox Live and use party chat to talk to seprate friends too. The only down side to this XBLA title is its hefty 20 dollar price tag on the Xbox marketplace. This game is fun to play with friends and tinker with plenty of in game tools. Expand
  41. Sep 17, 2013
    -Graphics- 9/10. You can't really rate the graphics bad due to the blocky textures. No, I rate the graphics a 9 because it is very recognizable to anyone who plays Minecraft. Also, it leads to cute looking animals.

-Performance- 8/10. In singleplayer mode, I find absolutely no lag or framerate drop of any kind, which is nice, considering the PC version experiences some FR drop. But the game runs very smoothly during solo play. When I am playing with friends, I experience quite of bit of lag if I am not hosting the game. The game renders slow, the lag increases the longer you play, and you continuously fall through the world.

-Gameplay- 10/10. Gameplay is great. If you have a creative mind, this game is never ending. You build mega-structures, fend off evil mobs, farm, etc. There are so many things to do, and this is where the game really shines. There is really no end to the game, except fighting the End Dragon (Which I haven't done, sadly), so if you are in it for a story...no can do.

-Sound- 9/10. From the mooing of cows, or the snorting of pigs, you will know you are playing Minecraft. The sound is really good. from walking on dirt to stone, or chopping down trees or mining blocks. The music is also catchy, but can get a bit repetitive at times, which kind of gets annoying after a long play through.

-Conclusion- This game is for the creative mind. It has no real objective, you just create your own game. The graphics aren't like CoD or Halo, but the blocky texture is the right fit for this game. Performance is good until you play some multiplayer, and the songs will get repetitive pretty quick. I give this game a 9/10.
  42. Apr 12, 2013
    Comparing this to the PC version is unfair it is a secondary edition. So the game is good and while their are no mods or texture packs the game still is really fun. In short if you prefer Xbox to PC this is a must buy!
  43. Oct 28, 2014
    love the game split screen is awesome and to thoughs who complain about split screen doesn't work on non HD TV's you poor and don't complain about how you want it too, I bet the reason is because the graphics arent compatible with non HD any love this game wish they would make mods, but oh well
  44. May 10, 2012
    The single-player component is deep and expansive, allowing your creativity to shine, and the tutorial helps you when you're lost on what to build or what to do, basically eliminating the need for a wiki. However, the best part of Minecraft is the multiplayer: I loved going on adventures, mining, and even simple BUILDING a lot more when I had 8 friends with me.
  45. May 26, 2012
    Wow what a refreshing game amazing love it so different im gonna buy the PC version now for all the extras i didn`t expect to like this due to the graphics game but i`m blown away its awesome best game ive played in years and years I hope they build on what they have started here.
  46. Jul 6, 2012
    This game has all the best values of an officially packaged game, with the addition of fresh new ideas. However, it can be a bit difficult to get to grips with the controls, but for the casual gamer, this is a must buy.
  47. Dec 23, 2012
    It's a good game! Compared to it's big brother, sure, it's not at the same level. One because it's on a much larger server, the PC, and it released prior to Xbox version. But we're updating (Currently at 1.8 or 1.9, no End but breeding, enchantment, etc) If you don't like going on the computer and constantly paying for minecraft online, then jump on the Xbox. Get friends though, to fullyIt's a good game! Compared to it's big brother, sure, it's not at the same level. One because it's on a much larger server, the PC, and it released prior to Xbox version. But we're updating (Currently at 1.8 or 1.9, no End but breeding, enchantment, etc) If you don't like going on the computer and constantly paying for minecraft online, then jump on the Xbox. Get friends though, to fully experience the fun. Expand
  48. Jan 23, 2013
    If you have been on the fence about getting this Xbox 360 version of Minecraft then now is the best time to hop right in. The amount of things available to you now is incredible. Night one you could be terrified and helpless to the onslaught of Creepers, while several nights later you could be letting Creepers blow up in your face just to save time. With Enchanting, farming, alchemy andIf you have been on the fence about getting this Xbox 360 version of Minecraft then now is the best time to hop right in. The amount of things available to you now is incredible. Night one you could be terrified and helpless to the onslaught of Creepers, while several nights later you could be letting Creepers blow up in your face just to save time. With Enchanting, farming, alchemy and mining you could make a hit from a diamond sword feel like a feather. I may be babbling but there are very little games that made me feel so weak and then so over powered. Get this if you either don't have a PC or want to play Minecraft with your Xbox Live friends. Expand
  49. May 9, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port of Minecraft is amazing! I was never much of a PC gamer so I really gravitated tward this. I first got it at 8:30 and I stopped at 5:00! This game can be enjoyed for hours and hours. I think that 4J studios did the PC version justice and created the best port of ANY game I have ever seen! I won't compare it to the PC version with mods and texture packs, becouse the XbozThe Xbox 360 port of Minecraft is amazing! I was never much of a PC gamer so I really gravitated tward this. I first got it at 8:30 and I stopped at 5:00! This game can be enjoyed for hours and hours. I think that 4J studios did the PC version justice and created the best port of ANY game I have ever seen! I won't compare it to the PC version with mods and texture packs, becouse the Xboz version was meant to be different. In all this is a wonderful masterpiece of a port. Expand
  50. Jul 8, 2012
    Personally, I believe that this version of Minecraft is astonishing! Sure, you cannot have EVERYTHING that is on the PC version on this console version, but this is just the first step. It took years for Minecraft on PC to get where it is today, and you do not expect it to take as long to get it on console? They have to switch all the code for a separate device. And it has amazingPersonally, I believe that this version of Minecraft is astonishing! Sure, you cannot have EVERYTHING that is on the PC version on this console version, but this is just the first step. It took years for Minecraft on PC to get where it is today, and you do not expect it to take as long to get it on console? They have to switch all the code for a separate device. And it has amazing resolution, and has split-screen! Of course it is not endless, that would be devastating to the console and would be difficult to accomplish, if not impossible, with the smooth gameplay it has on the console. And the best part is it has that nostalgic feel when there's no food bar or EXP bar, or anything else that just spams your game; its like playing the original! Expand
  51. Jul 14, 2012
    Relaxing change to killing and racing - Kids love it - Prob. this will only be bettered for my kids by 'lego minecraft' - great fun - relaxing - creative - really a different game - reminds me of good old days of 8 bit gaming when games where games to be played - not like most of the trash released these days with zero gameplay involved - your imagination is only limit to what you can makeRelaxing change to killing and racing - Kids love it - Prob. this will only be bettered for my kids by 'lego minecraft' - great fun - relaxing - creative - really a different game - reminds me of good old days of 8 bit gaming when games where games to be played - not like most of the trash released these days with zero gameplay involved - your imagination is only limit to what you can make in this game - even after you got achievements - you'll still be hooked Expand
  52. Sep 19, 2012
    I played Minecraft a lot on the PC. The game is brilliant and extremely addictive. Here on the Xbox 360, although it isn't the very latest version of the game and there are a few features missing, I can relax in front of the TV, controller in hand, and either play it online with friends or in split-screen with the kids. Using the Xbox controller and having 4 player split-screen meansI played Minecraft a lot on the PC. The game is brilliant and extremely addictive. Here on the Xbox 360, although it isn't the very latest version of the game and there are a few features missing, I can relax in front of the TV, controller in hand, and either play it online with friends or in split-screen with the kids. Using the Xbox controller and having 4 player split-screen means Minecraft isn't just there for my own amusement on the PC anymore, it's also become one of the most fun games within the family. The kids love it, the controls are simple enough, and whether they're busy building stuff or avoiding monsters they're having a lot of fun with this. Expand
  53. Apr 5, 2013
    Imagine a world where you can create anything. You can create your own city, replica, or the house of your dreams. That's minecraft, a big build it yourself game, and also an adventure game! You can play 4 split-screen multiplayer or go online with your buddies to up to 8 players in a same game.

Sure its not the same as the minecraft from pc. It those not have Texture Packs, Mods, dedicated servers, nor it has the updates that you could find on the pc version, but still it is a great game to have on your Xbox an have a good time with your buddies.

Those that haven't played minecraft on pc, and can't play it, go give it a try! Believe me its worth your Microsoft points if you have someone to play it in coop.
  54. Jul 17, 2013
    Minecraft for the Xbox 360 is a welcome addition for Microsoft, although not as good as the PC version that can have more players on a single server and mods, it is starting to catch up. It is a incredible game that is waiting for you to explore through it's high mountains and deep caves filled with the good and the bad. Although you can only have 8 players on a server, the announce at theMinecraft for the Xbox 360 is a welcome addition for Microsoft, although not as good as the PC version that can have more players on a single server and mods, it is starting to catch up. It is a incredible game that is waiting for you to explore through it's high mountains and deep caves filled with the good and the bad. Although you can only have 8 players on a server, the announce at the Xbox one E3 of Minecraft on the console should hopefully upgrade to more players although to my knowledge nothing has been said, with its few bugs and problems this game is great for people who have or haven't got the PC version of the game, I would recommend it to all players. Expand
  55. Jan 17, 2014
    I love this game. Sure you can compare it to the pc version and any blind fool can see the difference. It may be behind the pc but who cares. The game is not perfect either, with 8 players on a map you can definitely feel how laggy it gets. But I swear this is the best 20 dollars I have ever spent. I have clocked more time playing minecraft than any other game I own. This game deserves aI love this game. Sure you can compare it to the pc version and any blind fool can see the difference. It may be behind the pc but who cares. The game is not perfect either, with 8 players on a map you can definitely feel how laggy it gets. But I swear this is the best 20 dollars I have ever spent. I have clocked more time playing minecraft than any other game I own. This game deserves a better average score but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Expand
  56. May 12, 2014
    i bought minecraft a few weeks after the release and i still can't stop playing it. it is so addictive. the music is relaxing, the gameplay is fun, you just want to explore more and more. i just hope that 4j and mojang won't stop bringing updates to the x360 since there is a ps3 edition and a ps vita version coming. i love this game and i will definitely buy it if it will be available oni bought minecraft a few weeks after the release and i still can't stop playing it. it is so addictive. the music is relaxing, the gameplay is fun, you just want to explore more and more. i just hope that 4j and mojang won't stop bringing updates to the x360 since there is a ps3 edition and a ps vita version coming. i love this game and i will definitely buy it if it will be available on xbox one. Expand
  57. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game Splitscreen is the best! Only get this if you are looking to play with some friends. You also need an HDTV which sucks if you wanted to play splitscreen.
  58. May 21, 2012
    Ok, its not the same as on the PC, but I love this game! =o)
  59. Jun 10, 2012
    now if your thinking of buying this game then you should even if your not a regular online player its a good game the reason i took 1 mark off is because its better if you are but still it dosnt really matter its thats the only reason so buy this game...........willy out :) peace
  60. Jun 23, 2012
    Veterans of Minecraft or newcomers will feel comfortable in the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. There are some cons, the biggest being that this version of Minecraft is far behind the PC version. This means a few less features (no hunger, less recipes, etc), and a smaller map. However, the updates will be rolled out in due time, so this is a smart investment for only $20.00. TheVeterans of Minecraft or newcomers will feel comfortable in the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. There are some cons, the biggest being that this version of Minecraft is far behind the PC version. This means a few less features (no hunger, less recipes, etc), and a smaller map. However, the updates will be rolled out in due time, so this is a smart investment for only $20.00. The accessibility of the game is a huge selling point for this version - you just plug in a controller, hit start, and you suddenly have your friends next to you playing in your world. Alternatively, you can invite friends over Xbox live too. Personally, the controls feel much better on a crisp controller, but that is my opinion.

The game itself is generally very simple yet deep. You destroy and create materials (blocks), with many ways to do so and many outcomes. Spawn in a forest, and want to create a small cave to protect you at night time until you get more materials? Want to create a house inside trees, suspended in the air, with a giant staircase leading downward into the dungeon you want to challenge? You really can do anything you want.

Verdict: Get this if you don't own Minecraft on the PC, or want to easily play with friends in this vast, creative world. For $20.00, you can't go wrong!
  61. Jul 23, 2012
    I like it it's the original minecraft but with a better crafting mode, the maps are smaller and is a old version but the splitscreen mode is fantastic.
  62. Jul 25, 2012
    I got Minecraft back in it's time of beta, and watched it evolve until I got tired past 1.3 where you had to feed your character, with all those updates like weapon enchanting, etc. I just didn't like too much to Minecraft, I loved the simplicity of what Minecraft was, but when I seen Minecraft on Xbox first, I thought it would just be what I left so didn't pass any heed to it. After aI got Minecraft back in it's time of beta, and watched it evolve until I got tired past 1.3 where you had to feed your character, with all those updates like weapon enchanting, etc. I just didn't like too much to Minecraft, I loved the simplicity of what Minecraft was, but when I seen Minecraft on Xbox first, I thought it would just be what I left so didn't pass any heed to it. After a while my friends were telling me to buy it, I went to a friends, we made a world and played it for hours, we built wonders, 4J brought back my love for Minecraft, it's simplicity, it was what Minecraft use to be, it was brilliant! It also has a brilliant soundtrack done by C418, it makes the game that more relaxing, just sitting back building God knows what, which a peaceful soundtrack, which I love in any game!
    Defiantly worth the buy, the multiplayer is great, the graphics are great, the sound is great! 9/10! Loved it!
  63. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favorite game of all time it is so fun because there is always something to do the only thing I don't like is that there is no soap but besides that Minecraft is the best game EVER!!! Expand
  64. Dec 20, 2012
    I have not been so completely engrossed in a simple game like this in a while! Such a simple premise, yet so engaging to the imagination. I have resisted the urge to use creative mode as much as I can because I like the sense of accomplishment of building something incredibly huge with materials I collected myself.
  65. May 11, 2012
    Great game, brings back a lot of old memories from the beta days of the P version. Love it, would recommend anyone looking for the minecraft experience without a decent pc to get this game!
  66. May 9, 2012
    It is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is goodIt is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is good for newbs. In general it also speeds things up, looks sleek, and really doesn't change much for veterans. Expand
  67. May 12, 2012
    Well guys, this game is just insanly amazing, way to put out! Currently me and a friend need miners to help us, message me on Xbox if you are willing an we will talk about a reward :) -Hubbs554
  68. May 15, 2012
    this game is a great crossover to the Xbox, the people at 4J have done thier best to bring a new look interface to the 360, and as it is the 1.6 beta patch from the PC, i have a feeling we will have to wait a while until the 360 version is up to speed with the PC version, including the end, ocelots and NPC villagers, an overall great game for people who have played the PC version
  69. May 16, 2012
    I found it great adaptation. The music is very good and the only thing that could improve the control. I played a bit on PC and the keyboard is still the best but having Minecraft on the xbox is superb. Really recommended and justified the 1600 MP.
  70. May 22, 2012
    Ive had the PC version for over a year now, and have played Minecraft and its mods for well over 200 hours. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is well worth the 1600 msp because it offers a legacy version of Minecraft that has all the essential items that make it the best selling indie game available.

The DLC is free, creative mode is in the works and with all the PC content to look forward to, I question the sanity of anyone who thinks this is overpriced. The interface is easily learnt and navigated, the graphics are retro without pandering to an indie crowd and the player skins are hilarious.

Its not without its faults, such as the lack of creative mode, the relatively small world and plentiful bugs. Overlook these issues, brace yourself for updates and enjoy the amazing world of Minecraft!
  71. Jun 1, 2012
    I made an account just to review this game. I would normally only rate it an 8, but I am giving it a 10 to offset the reviews of people who don't know what they are talking about. I am disappointed by the size of the map, but the people who complain about the version of the game need to reed 4J's twitter feed. 4J has stated that they will be regularly updating the game until it is theI made an account just to review this game. I would normally only rate it an 8, but I am giving it a 10 to offset the reviews of people who don't know what they are talking about. I am disappointed by the size of the map, but the people who complain about the version of the game need to reed 4J's twitter feed. 4J has stated that they will be regularly updating the game until it is the same as it's CPU counter part. In addition to that, they will add new features that are not on the computer version. And guess what the best part of all this is???? All updates will be free of charge. No DLC unless you want skins. Fantastic game. Great mechanics. Regular updates. FREE new content. Pricing is just right I say. Thank you Notch, and thank you 4J for putting the gamers first. Expand
  72. Jun 3, 2012
    To compare this port to the pc version is unfair. If the Xbox 360 version was the first released, it would be rated just as well as the pc version is rated. Many of the updates people are used to do not exist in the game because it started development before Minecraft on pc was officially released. I highly enjoy this game and the original Minecraft because of the dynamic worldTo compare this port to the pc version is unfair. If the Xbox 360 version was the first released, it would be rated just as well as the pc version is rated. Many of the updates people are used to do not exist in the game because it started development before Minecraft on pc was officially released. I highly enjoy this game and the original Minecraft because of the dynamic world generator and the fact that you can build almost anything you want. Minecraft offers plenty of content, and while I wish you could change your skin or texture pack, they don't detract from the fun. If mods are enabled through XBLA, It will make the game that much better. Expand
  73. Oct 29, 2012
    Although the maps are smaller and the game is not yet up to date with the newest versions on the PC it still is really good. Having a splitscreen mode makes it even better; transforming a single player expereince (with online servers your still alone) to a 'social' game where you can talk in real life and really cooperate/battle in a much funner way! It's kind of hard to explain, butAlthough the maps are smaller and the game is not yet up to date with the newest versions on the PC it still is really good. Having a splitscreen mode makes it even better; transforming a single player expereince (with online servers your still alone) to a 'social' game where you can talk in real life and really cooperate/battle in a much funner way! It's kind of hard to explain, but splitscreen is just really, really, really, really awesome! Of course there are some bugs and other annoying things but you should just see this (espacially now, after the 1.8 update) as a really cool version of minecraft that is sometimes even more fun than the version on the PC. Expand
  74. Apr 20, 2013
    Minecraft is really fun! It originally came out on PC, on November 19, 2009. It is rated E for everyone, and was published by Mojang. It now is also on Xbox 360 and IOS devices.
    There is no objective of the game, which is what makes it so fun. You are free to do whatever you want. There are servers where you can play with your friends. On Xbox, the limit is eight people and you just play in one of your friend’s worlds. On computer, servers can hold many people. I believe Minecraft can be very fun for some people, but boring for others. The game controls are best for computer, but they are still good on Xbox and pocket edition (IOS device). You can play on a world as much as you want, which is appropriate considering it is a sandbox game. Eventually it may get boring to play it by yourself, but it’s always fun to play with friends. The graphics are very good for the purpose of the game. Everything is a block or blocky. You can turn up the brightness for if you are in a cave. The sound is also very suiting for the game. There are different sounds for destroying different blocks. There are also varying sounds for walking on different materials (i.e. grass, sand, etc.) Sometimes, music will randomly turn on. It is peaceful and goes well with the game. The music is by Danieal Rosenfeld The game will still be enjoyable after repeated playing. Since there is no objective, you can just keep building new things and keep mining. You can also make new worlds and play on friends’ worlds. Minecraft is very similar to Terraria. If you like Terraria, you will most likely love Minecraft. In fact, it is basically a more advanced Terraria.
    Minecraft can be super fun for creative, patient people. If you like building or sandbox games, and you don’t mind playing games that aren't centered around violence, you will definitely like Minecraft. I would give it 9 out of 10. The only flaw is that mining can be boring and it is annoyingly hard to find diamond. Another great thing is it’s appropriate for kids. All in all, Minecraft is an awesome game.
  75. Aug 15, 2013
    This is a great game for all ages. Whether you are young or old there is plenty to do for everyone. A great game that allows you to imagine and be creative. A game that lets you build a house, a castle, a roller coaster, a farm, a city, a world. The possibilities are endless.

The great thing about the xbox 360 version is that the controls are easy to master and the menu is easily used. Best of all is that it can be played split screen with up to 4 people which makes it a great game for the whole family to play together. Split screen games are rare enough, especially one that is suitable for all ages.

Don't let the first impression of the graphics fool you. This game quickly becomes as complex or as simple as you want it to be. I would recommend this game to anyone, but is a definite winner for anyone looking for a game they can play together with their children/family.
  76. Dec 13, 2013
    The great and addictive Minecraft game is out for the Xbox 360, many people argue that the game is terrible because it is too blocky, but it surely doesn't limit your creativity. Being able to craft many blocks and items, fighting enemies, bosses and friends online, this game allows you to create or host your own world for you and your friends to play. From mining deep underground to findThe great and addictive Minecraft game is out for the Xbox 360, many people argue that the game is terrible because it is too blocky, but it surely doesn't limit your creativity. Being able to craft many blocks and items, fighting enemies, bosses and friends online, this game allows you to create or host your own world for you and your friends to play. From mining deep underground to find valuables to farming high in the mountains. You can choose the option of survival where you start getting wood by punching a tree, or creative to have infinite items and blocks to build the biggest and craziest things ever. If your a creative person, then this game IS for you! Expand
  77. Jun 16, 2014
    Friendly to gamers of all ability levels, Minecraft is a game that is actually easier to play than it's computer based counterpart. With easy to use button controls, the game provides endless hours of fun for everyone. Visually the game is a bit simple and the sound is pretty awful, but if you're in it for the mining and the building, this game provides an endless amount of opportunityFriendly to gamers of all ability levels, Minecraft is a game that is actually easier to play than it's computer based counterpart. With easy to use button controls, the game provides endless hours of fun for everyone. Visually the game is a bit simple and the sound is pretty awful, but if you're in it for the mining and the building, this game provides an endless amount of opportunity for mindless creation! Expand
  78. Nov 20, 2014
    For fans of the original release, this indie game is nothing short of awesome. The XB360 edition of one of the most famous games of all time includes just as many terrifying monsters, the fun ability to troll unsuspecting kids, blow up sheep, or build. From TNT to diamond swords, this edition has everything. But the overall best part is that it is not only fun to create, but it's scary.For fans of the original release, this indie game is nothing short of awesome. The XB360 edition of one of the most famous games of all time includes just as many terrifying monsters, the fun ability to troll unsuspecting kids, blow up sheep, or build. From TNT to diamond swords, this edition has everything. But the overall best part is that it is not only fun to create, but it's scary. Check it for yourself. Expand
  79. ERB
    Oct 12, 2013

Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]