7.1

1. May 14, 2012
    This version of Minecraft should only be played by those who have not or can not play it on the pc. The game is based on an old version of the game, it has no texture packs, mobs spawn during the day as well as inside your house when you try to sleep. Food does not stack, the maps are limited, the time it takes to create and save a map is grossly disappointing, there tends to beThis version of Minecraft should only be played by those who have not or can not play it on the pc. The game is based on an old version of the game, it has no texture packs, mobs spawn during the day as well as inside your house when you try to sleep. Food does not stack, the maps are limited, the time it takes to create and save a map is grossly disappointing, there tends to be considerable lag when playing online, and there is input lag from the controller to the game. The only positive thing I can say is that at least this is a version of the game before hunger was introduced. If you've never played Minecraft before this could be fun, but for the price it should have at least been the first released version of the game. Therefore I say doodoo pie overall. Expand
  2. Jun 30, 2013
    I have never actually played this game but watched several people waste valuable hours on it an t I just wanted to offset the score of those that love this game because it's lousy graphics, simple gameplay, crappy music, and total lack of anything interesting makes me now know the majority of people who have some form of gaming system are complete morons.
  3. May 23, 2012
    I played the demo of this game, and if Jeb wants my 25 euros for pre-Adventure update version of game, then heck no, I would better buy something fun at second-hand store.
  4. Jun 18, 2012
    It's really broken.
    I would just get it on PC if you want to get it at all.

You get mods, actually unlimited generation and the actually whole fame.
  5. May 11, 2012
    This version is very bad, definitely not worth it, bought it and played for a while but not this good, do not waste your money on it, the PC version is MIL times better.
  6. May 10, 2012
    This game is a huge letdown. If you have ever played the pc version, don't waste your money on this. The map is TINY, and you need an HD tv in order to even use split screen. Why? None of the updates from the last 6 months are even in the game, there's no hunger meter, no steak, no endermen, no anything. The only way you would ever enjoy this is if you have never played Minecraft in your life.
  7. May 17, 2012
    Very buggy - this game should not have shipped yet. I can't even use a furnace without the game hanging. Otherwise exactly what I'd expect from the port - same fun as the PC version.
  8. Jun 23, 2013
    4J studios has brought an awful port of Minecraft to Xbox 360. I don't know what is worse, the lack of stuff that is in the PC version or the lack of them updating it to make as superior as the PC version. At the time of it's release, I really liked it because I hadn't played the PC version all that much... but after a year and seeing that they've only updated it a few times I thought I'd4J studios has brought an awful port of Minecraft to Xbox 360. I don't know what is worse, the lack of stuff that is in the PC version or the lack of them updating it to make as superior as the PC version. At the time of it's release, I really liked it because I hadn't played the PC version all that much... but after a year and seeing that they've only updated it a few times I thought I'd take another look at it. I think what's even worse is that there is Minecraft for Xbox One coming out, which means that this version is gonna be left in the dust and will never be updated eventually. Expand
  9. Sep 27, 2012
    This is a casual game for plebeians without taste, or for people who don't have a PC to run this game. As a port it was even worse (shockingly) than the PC version because it lacked the ability to use mods, which make up most of the PC game play.
  10. Mar 29, 2013
    It is missing all of the of updates and thy makes it very boring. Also the pc edition seems to be more accessible. Shame. I loved minecraft one day. Now I just can't look at it. Perhaps if the updates are applied.:. This edition would earn a 8 out of ten. Nope.
  11. Jun 4, 2014
    Oh my gosh this game is terrible, just minecraft in general. I mean what is the point to this game? It is SUPER boring. I can play it for about 15 minutes, then I just get bored out of my freaking mind! The graphics suck, what the heck is the point of game play in this? I mean there is no reason to play this game, besides build yeah cool, but other than that this game is worthless, I wouldOh my gosh this game is terrible, just minecraft in general. I mean what is the point to this game? It is SUPER boring. I can play it for about 15 minutes, then I just get bored out of my freaking mind! The graphics suck, what the heck is the point of game play in this? I mean there is no reason to play this game, besides build yeah cool, but other than that this game is worthless, I would defiantly NOT recommend this. This game is boring beyond belief, take my word for it you do not want to waste your 20 bucks on this garbage. Expand
  12. Jun 3, 2013
    Its minecraft for all those Xbox loving freaks who pay 60$ a year, this game has some "lovely new things added" which include but are not limited to: Hordes of bugs, being over 11 updates behind the PC version, running about 24 FPS Max, Anybody can join your world and destroy your work, crafting bugs, randomly suffocating in the walls, a certain world size that cannot generate any largerIts minecraft for all those Xbox loving freaks who pay 60$ a year, this game has some "lovely new things added" which include but are not limited to: Hordes of bugs, being over 11 updates behind the PC version, running about 24 FPS Max, Anybody can join your world and destroy your work, crafting bugs, randomly suffocating in the walls, a certain world size that cannot generate any larger and much, much, More!!! Expand
  13. Apr 29, 2014
    I am here because all user reviews on the PlayStation 3 Edition below a rating of 7 got deleted. It just shows that Mojang is just a bunch of p*ssies who cannot take negative scores. Mojang is worse than EA.
  14. Dec 28, 2013
    They took minecraft went back a few updates, made terrible controls, made it a really small map, you cant get mods, you cant get texture packs and its generaly for people that cant afford a good pc.
  15. Feb 23, 2014
    This Game is addicting for 2 Months and then just becomes stale This game has the worst gameplay I've ever experienced The graphics are outdated The Survival aspect just felt boring and dull The creativity is pretty good you can build some pretty awesome things The game has a whole load of bugs and exploits which would be patched in 2 years or so This game is overrated it is good as aThis Game is addicting for 2 Months and then just becomes stale This game has the worst gameplay I've ever experienced The graphics are outdated The Survival aspect just felt boring and dull The creativity is pretty good you can build some pretty awesome things The game has a whole load of bugs and exploits which would be patched in 2 years or so This game is overrated it is good as a sandbox but as a game Minecraft has a lot of things that need improving and pronto I wasted 1600 Microsoft Points on a game that is boring and there are a lot of better games on Xbox Live just don't waste your money on this get Terraria instead Expand
  16. Apr 15, 2014
    Without purpose there is no reason to do anything. This boring turd is somehow considered a game by many people who obviously are retarded. This so called game needs to die and die fast.
  17. Apr 10, 2014
    this game was boring. once you start mining coal and above it just becomes so easy and really tends to bore me. even on the hardest difficulty possible it was still boring. if you want 2 hours of entertainment then play it at a friends house.
  18. Jun 13, 2014
    ermmmmmmmmmmmm yeah not to much to say apart from this game sucks. God why would anyone wanna play sucker graphics and gameplay like this. I think everytime you play this your wasting minutes of your life. Avoid this game at all cost, I was just gutted I couldn't rate it as a minus 0 is still to high.

Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]