7.2

1. May 9, 2012
    It's Minecraft, just now on 360. The maps are smaller, it is running on an older version of the game (with updates to be rolled out over time, much like the pc version), and it has ditched dedicated servers in favor of a drop in, drop out system based on the original player's save. It also includes a nice 4-player splitcreen mode, and allows for eight people to play together at any oneIt's Minecraft, just now on 360. The maps are smaller, it is running on an older version of the game (with updates to be rolled out over time, much like the pc version), and it has ditched dedicated servers in favor of a drop in, drop out system based on the original player's save. It also includes a nice 4-player splitcreen mode, and allows for eight people to play together at any one time. They have also implemented a more intuitive crafting system, allowing the player to easily manage that which he wishes to create, along with the materials needed, doing away a lot of the trial and error that normally comes with crafting. If the changes they made to the game don't bother you, then you are in for a great experience. Expand
  2. May 14, 2012
    This version of Minecraft should only be played by those who have not or can not play it on the pc. The game is based on an old version of the game, it has no texture packs, mobs spawn during the day as well as inside your house when you try to sleep. Food does not stack, the maps are limited, the time it takes to create and save a map is grossly disappointing, there tends to beThis version of Minecraft should only be played by those who have not or can not play it on the pc. The game is based on an old version of the game, it has no texture packs, mobs spawn during the day as well as inside your house when you try to sleep. Food does not stack, the maps are limited, the time it takes to create and save a map is grossly disappointing, there tends to be considerable lag when playing online, and there is input lag from the controller to the game. The only positive thing I can say is that at least this is a version of the game before hunger was introduced. If you've never played Minecraft before this could be fun, but for the price it should have at least been the first released version of the game. Therefore I say doodoo pie overall. Expand
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    -Graphics- 9/10. You can't really rate the graphics bad due to the blocky textures. No, I rate the graphics a 9 because it is very recognizable to anyone who plays Minecraft. Also, it leads to cute looking animals.

-Performance- 8/10. In singleplayer mode, I find absolutely no lag or framerate drop of any kind, which is nice, considering the PC version experiences some FR drop. But the game runs very smoothly during solo play. When I am playing with friends, I experience quite of bit of lag if I am not hosting the game. The game renders slow, the lag increases the longer you play, and you continuously fall through the world.

-Gameplay- 10/10. Gameplay is great. If you have a creative mind, this game is never ending. You build mega-structures, fend off evil mobs, farm, etc. There are so many things to do, and this is where the game really shines. There is really no end to the game, except fighting the End Dragon (Which I haven't done, sadly), so if you are in it for a story...no can do.

-Sound- 9/10. From the mooing of cows, or the snorting of pigs, you will know you are playing Minecraft. The sound is really good. from walking on dirt to stone, or chopping down trees or mining blocks. The music is also catchy, but can get a bit repetitive at times, which kind of gets annoying after a long play through.

-Conclusion- This game is for the creative mind. It has no real objective, you just create your own game. The graphics aren't like CoD or Halo, but the blocky texture is the right fit for this game. Performance is good until you play some multiplayer, and the songs will get repetitive pretty quick. I give this game a 9/10.
  4. ERB
    Oct 12, 2013
    This game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you haveThis game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you have fun].Okay one final question why is this game underrated and why are some critics and users putting a low score in this game.This game is good.Yet some users and critics are hating this game.Screw them.Okay guys that is all what I have to say.This game is good and you must try playing this game.It is really worth it.Have fun playing this game. Expand
  5. Jun 4, 2014
    Oh my gosh this game is terrible, just minecraft in general. I mean what is the point to this game? It is SUPER boring. I can play it for about 15 minutes, then I just get bored out of my freaking mind! The graphics suck, what the heck is the point of game play in this? I mean there is no reason to play this game, besides build yeah cool, but other than that this game is worthless, I wouldOh my gosh this game is terrible, just minecraft in general. I mean what is the point to this game? It is SUPER boring. I can play it for about 15 minutes, then I just get bored out of my freaking mind! The graphics suck, what the heck is the point of game play in this? I mean there is no reason to play this game, besides build yeah cool, but other than that this game is worthless, I would defiantly NOT recommend this. This game is boring beyond belief, take my word for it you do not want to waste your 20 bucks on this garbage. Expand
  6. May 16, 2012
    I found it great adaptation. The music is very good and the only thing that could improve the control. I played a bit on PC and the keyboard is still the best but having Minecraft on the xbox is superb. Really recommended and justified the 1600 MP.
  7. Jul 6, 2012
    This game has all the best values of an officially packaged game, with the addition of fresh new ideas. However, it can be a bit difficult to get to grips with the controls, but for the casual gamer, this is a must buy.
  8. May 15, 2012
    This is a huge downgrade from the PC version of the game. Does it work? Oh yeah, it's a playable game. The issue is many additions to the PC version were not included. You should only get this version if your computer is not powerful enough to run the PC version of minecraft or if you have no available friends on the pc.
  9. May 9, 2012
    The most successful indie game of all time makes it's way onto the XBox 360 console. Introducing brand new features such as the redesigned crafting system, split screen local and online multiplayer and a helpful hint/tutorial system.

Overall Minecraft for the Xbox 360 is a great port, certainly way ahead of the Pocket Edition. It's not as up to date as the PC version but it's certainly enjoyable. It's perfect for new Minecraft players and definitely good for younger players or family nights in. But if you're a Minecraft veteran and you loved the PC version since the early Alpha/Beta days then you'll probably want to think twice.
  10. May 9, 2012
    The Xbox Port of Minecraft is often getting compared to the advanced PC, which Is basically unfair. The reviews should be based on the Xbox version alone. Minecraft is just one of those rare games that come along, that you find yourself still playing 3 years later.
  11. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game Splitscreen is the best! Only get this if you are looking to play with some friends. You also need an HDTV which sucks if you wanted to play splitscreen.
  12. May 9, 2012
    By no means a bad game but the pricing is all wrong 1600msp . I tried the demo enough to get what its about @ 800 point I may have bit , way overpriced . Many many games on XBLA that simply offer more fun and content.
  13. DME
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lacks very many features that it's PC counterpart has. Unfortunately, in order for players to play on a world, the world's host must be signed in at all times. This is actually a much bigger deal than most people would think. If you and a whole team of buddies get together and build a huge world, nobody can access it unless the Host player is online. Still, it's a decent port to theLacks very many features that it's PC counterpart has. Unfortunately, in order for players to play on a world, the world's host must be signed in at all times. This is actually a much bigger deal than most people would think. If you and a whole team of buddies get together and build a huge world, nobody can access it unless the Host player is online. Still, it's a decent port to the Xbox 360 that functions well with few glitches and bugs. Expand
  14. May 14, 2012
    Having never played Minecraft on PC, but knowing of the phenomenon it was and still is, I see why it's been so revered. Downloaded the game and 6 hours later, I did not realize 6 hours went by. While the concept of it is very simple and there isn't exactly that much out of the ordinary, it's very easy to get into and very easy to find yourself addicted. Obviously playing alone doesn't giveHaving never played Minecraft on PC, but knowing of the phenomenon it was and still is, I see why it's been so revered. Downloaded the game and 6 hours later, I did not realize 6 hours went by. While the concept of it is very simple and there isn't exactly that much out of the ordinary, it's very easy to get into and very easy to find yourself addicted. Obviously playing alone doesn't give you the full experience, so playing with friends or other people in general is necessary. It's only knock is that I feel that the enemies can be a bit overwhelming. I understand your character is a lonely "inventor" of sorts, but it sucks that as soon as nightfall hits, it's either station myself in one place or attempt to scavenge for more supplies and get easily killed. Enemies come in bunches and are terribly difficult to get rid of, and this is on easy difficulty. Other than that, i'm hooked. Expand
  15. May 11, 2012
    Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Is pretty good overall, but it has its downfalls, like the game's downgraded version of Version 1.6.6. If you have played MC for PC before, you Don't need this game, Anyway, Who needs a downgraded version of a game you already have? Minecraft for Xbox 360 does have its Good sides though. Heres a list of the Pros and the Cons of the Game.

Pros: .High FPS

Pros:
    .High FPS average, Somewhere around 60 FPS the whole time, almost never changing.
    .Nostalgia feeling, even though some people may not find this appealing, but I like the old Version.
    .No Commands in multiplayer, When you use /give as an op on the PC, it doesnt go with the nature of
    Minecraft.
    .Minecraft Xbox edition has good controlls, It feels very smooth and carefree if that is good
    .THERE IS FINALLY A TUTORIAL, WOOOOO.
    .A solid crafting system, you dont have to worry about remembering crafting recipes anymore lucky the workbench does it for you

Cons:
    .Older Version, This is the second opinion, older versions means no content and no Adventure update!
    .No guns whatsoever, This may not be a problem for many people but for COD players, its a BAD problem
    .No more sprinting.

The game Minecraft Xbox edition is good overall, At least we dont have to rely on Total miner and Castle miner anymore, Most likely one of the best sandboxes in the market so far.

I hope this review helped you!
  16. May 13, 2012
    When it was announced at E3 2011 that Minecraft would be coming to Xbox 360, everybody was hyped up. The question is, does this port live up to the hype? The answer is no. Here is why. One reason why this game is a disapointment is because of false advertisement. never did it say before the game was released or in the Xbox Marketplace did it say you needed an HD Television just to play aWhen it was announced at E3 2011 that Minecraft would be coming to Xbox 360, everybody was hyped up. The question is, does this port live up to the hype? The answer is no. Here is why. One reason why this game is a disapointment is because of false advertisement. never did it say before the game was released or in the Xbox Marketplace did it say you needed an HD Television just to play a damn split screen. You might argue that everybody has an HD TV, but some people just can't make the investment for one. This might be minor, but my main complaint for this game is that there is no option in the game for unlimited supplies. You guys might argue I am a noob and I should find the supplies myself, but i believe unlimited supplies on the PC saved many hours on crafting. Also, the game is $20 and more expensive than the PC version. This wouldn't be such an issue if the Xbox 360 version was not obsolete to the PC version. On the bright side, the controls ARE much better on the 360 than the PC. So overall, I don't think Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is very good. 4J Studios might've done a decent job porting the game, but the lack of simple customization and a $20 price tag just doesn't cut it for me. That is why this review deserves a 60%. Expand
  17. Mar 18, 2013
    All I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting ifAll I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting if you have nothing to do. Expand
  18. May 10, 2012
    The single-player component is deep and expansive, allowing your creativity to shine, and the tutorial helps you when you're lost on what to build or what to do, basically eliminating the need for a wiki. However, the best part of Minecraft is the multiplayer: I loved going on adventures, mining, and even simple BUILDING a lot more when I had 8 friends with me.
  19. May 29, 2012
    A fantastic game regardless of the platform. This version contains the main features, but unfortunately does not yet include some more recent updates. A tutorial, crafting information and game hints are all available to the players, preventing the need to research information. Definitely a must buy for Minecraft fans and a great experience for new players.
  20. May 12, 2012
    When I purchased the Xbox Version of Minecraft, I thought I knew what to expect. Surely I will be receiving nothing less than the PC version, seeing as Minecraft's engine is easy to adapt. But I was wrong. Map's are now 1000x1000, which isn't so much bad, but disappointing. The real problems begin when I realized there was no Creation Mode for the game, and the Adventure Mode of the gameWhen I purchased the Xbox Version of Minecraft, I thought I knew what to expect. Surely I will be receiving nothing less than the PC version, seeing as Minecraft's engine is easy to adapt. But I was wrong. Map's are now 1000x1000, which isn't so much bad, but disappointing. The real problems begin when I realized there was no Creation Mode for the game, and the Adventure Mode of the game was running on a version from the beta, leaving many, many of the new advancements absent. Mojang assures us that the other content will be released in updates, but the presence of a "Download Content" button on the main screen makes me uneasy, as it seems like Notch will attempt to sell the remanding content as DLC. The final dissapointment; mandatory use of an HD-TV to enjoy the games biggest selling point, 4 player Split-screen Co-Op. All in all, Minecraft: Xbox Edition is the very name of "Wait and See". The game could, at a later point, be worth 20 dollars, but for the moment, absolutely not. Expand
  21. May 16, 2012
    i think minecraft on the pc is the better game because of the mods, being able to have hundreds of players on ONE server. The xbox 360 version is still good but it is definitely NOT as good as i thought it would be, first off when i found out you cant playy splitscreen with your friends on a standard definition tv, i was mad. I got over it, then one of my brothers was playing his game, btwi think minecraft on the pc is the better game because of the mods, being able to have hundreds of players on ONE server. The xbox 360 version is still good but it is definitely NOT as good as i thought it would be, first off when i found out you cant playy splitscreen with your friends on a standard definition tv, i was mad. I got over it, then one of my brothers was playing his game, btw he was playing on our ONLY gold profile, while he was playing a game-breaker glitch happened, he opened his inventory then he skipped through the tutorial, then the game locked up. It keeps on doing this now, but other than the game breaker glitch and HORRIBLE decision to make the splitscreen ONLY for hd tvs this is a great game if it didn't have those things wrong with it i would give it a 9/10. Expand
  22. May 17, 2012
    My time with Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition was annoying but couldn't put it down.. one thing that ruined it for me was (no not the fact that it cost 1600MSP.......1600 wow) its the fact that there is no surprise or mystery to the 360 version. everything is done for you, there is no reason for all the tutorials or a tutorial full stop. If you sat there thinking "aww what do i do..this gameMy time with Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition was annoying but couldn't put it down.. one thing that ruined it for me was (no not the fact that it cost 1600MSP.......1600 wow) its the fact that there is no surprise or mystery to the 360 version. everything is done for you, there is no reason for all the tutorials or a tutorial full stop. If you sat there thinking "aww what do i do..this game sucks, i dont know what to do" Then my friends you shouldn't play video games and you need to find yourself an imagination.

Other than that the game is ok in itself, you mine blocks that look like grass and stone, and make a house before you get murdered by the worlds creatures. and then explore the world and explore and dig then explore and dig again. we all no how minecraft works.. Great game hours of fun..but a bit steep in price.
  23. Sep 27, 2012
    This is a casual game for plebeians without taste, or for people who don't have a PC to run this game. As a port it was even worse (shockingly) than the PC version because it lacked the ability to use mods, which make up most of the PC game play.
  24. Mar 29, 2013
    It is missing all of the of updates and thy makes it very boring. Also the pc edition seems to be more accessible. Shame. I loved minecraft one day. Now I just can't look at it. Perhaps if the updates are applied.:. This edition would earn a 8 out of ten. Nope.
  25. May 9, 2012
    It is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is goodIt is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is good for newbs. In general it also speeds things up, looks sleek, and really doesn't change much for veterans. Expand
  26. May 12, 2012
    Never played MC before, and I can see potential here. But MC is tedious. The crafting menu is a shopping list that requires a ton of digging or chopping. Tools wearing out feels like game padding (compare to Skyrim or Monsterhunter's engaging crafting.) Even hunting is dull. The graphics are crappy, and I'm not sure why they should be. I love the lego-aspect, but pretty visuals and funNever played MC before, and I can see potential here. But MC is tedious. The crafting menu is a shopping list that requires a ton of digging or chopping. Tools wearing out feels like game padding (compare to Skyrim or Monsterhunter's engaging crafting.) Even hunting is dull. The graphics are crappy, and I'm not sure why they should be. I love the lego-aspect, but pretty visuals and fun tasks would make the game far better. Expand
  27. Jun 30, 2013
    I have never actually played this game but watched several people waste valuable hours on it an t I just wanted to offset the score of those that love this game because it's lousy graphics, simple gameplay, crappy music, and total lack of anything interesting makes me now know the majority of people who have some form of gaming system are complete morons.
  28. May 21, 2012
    Simply put, if you can get the PC version, get that instead. Newest version, easier controls especially for building, mod support and also it's the same price. However, if your an Xbox fanboy and have a computer older than your grandma, or you hate mouse and keyboard controls for some reason and are willing to sacrifice some extras for your beloved analogue control, OR all your friendsSimply put, if you can get the PC version, get that instead. Newest version, easier controls especially for building, mod support and also it's the same price. However, if your an Xbox fanboy and have a computer older than your grandma, or you hate mouse and keyboard controls for some reason and are willing to sacrifice some extras for your beloved analogue control, OR all your friends play on the Xbox and you feel left out, then there's no reason not to get this version. The experience is much the same. Expand
  29. May 20, 2012
    A awesome game.Really you should try it.The thing that is bad is that the crafting is so messy and hard to see at first and the second thing is that it is controlling is hard.Also that the minecraft is based on the older minecraft because it does not have a hunger bar like on the pc now.The awesome thing about it is that some times you can find a random castle because I did and the villageA awesome game.Really you should try it.The thing that is bad is that the crafting is so messy and hard to see at first and the second thing is that it is controlling is hard.Also that the minecraft is based on the older minecraft because it does not have a hunger bar like on the pc now.The awesome thing about it is that some times you can find a random castle because I did and the village that you can sometimes find looks deffent than the pc Minecraft.With my opinan I think this game deserves a 9/10 Expand
  30. Jun 1, 2012
    I made an account just to review this game. I would normally only rate it an 8, but I am giving it a 10 to offset the reviews of people who don't know what they are talking about. I am disappointed by the size of the map, but the people who complain about the version of the game need to reed 4J's twitter feed. 4J has stated that they will be regularly updating the game until it is theI made an account just to review this game. I would normally only rate it an 8, but I am giving it a 10 to offset the reviews of people who don't know what they are talking about. I am disappointed by the size of the map, but the people who complain about the version of the game need to reed 4J's twitter feed. 4J has stated that they will be regularly updating the game until it is the same as it's CPU counter part. In addition to that, they will add new features that are not on the computer version. And guess what the best part of all this is???? All updates will be free of charge. No DLC unless you want skins. Fantastic game. Great mechanics. Regular updates. FREE new content. Pricing is just right I say. Thank you Notch, and thank you 4J for putting the gamers first. Expand
  31. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is a very easy one to score, as the XBox360 version of Minecraft is exactly half as good as the PC version! So it immediately places it in the 5/10 region in terms of score.

Though it is worth noting that I owe the XBox360 version a debt of gratitude. After playing it, I realised that this is not a bad game at all; just that it is the archetypal PC game, so I grabbed it on the PC and never looked back.

For those reading these reviews and considering what platform to opt for, there isn't a question to be had. If you have a PC, you get the PC version. If for whatever reason you can't get it on the PC, then the 360 version is "not bad". Just don't expect to be blown away by the Minecraft experience in the same way as your PC playing peers.

Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]