7.1

1. May 9, 2012
    It's Minecraft, just now on 360. The maps are smaller, it is running on an older version of the game (with updates to be rolled out over time, much like the pc version), and it has ditched dedicated servers in favor of a drop in, drop out system based on the original player's save. It also includes a nice 4-player splitcreen mode, and allows for eight people to play together at any one time. They have also implemented a more intuitive crafting system, allowing the player to easily manage that which he wishes to create, along with the materials needed, doing away a lot of the trial and error that normally comes with crafting. If the changes they made to the game don't bother you, then you are in for a great experience. Expand
  2. May 14, 2012
    This version of Minecraft should only be played by those who have not or can not play it on the pc. The game is based on an old version of the game, it has no texture packs, mobs spawn during the day as well as inside your house when you try to sleep. Food does not stack, the maps are limited, the time it takes to create and save a map is grossly disappointing, there tends to be considerable lag when playing online, and there is input lag from the controller to the game. The only positive thing I can say is that at least this is a version of the game before hunger was introduced. If you've never played Minecraft before this could be fun, but for the price it should have at least been the first released version of the game. Therefore I say doodoo pie overall. Expand
  3. May 9, 2012
    By no means a bad game but the pricing is all wrong 1600msp . I tried the demo enough to get what its about @ 800 point I may have bit , way overpriced . Many many games on XBLA that simply offer more fun and content.
  4. May 9, 2012
    The Xbox Port of Minecraft is often getting compared to the advanced PC, which Is basically unfair. The reviews should be based on the Xbox version alone. Minecraft is just one of those rare games that come along, that you find yourself still playing 3 years later.
  5. May 10, 2012
    This game is a huge letdown. If you have ever played the pc version, don't waste your money on this. The map is TINY, and you need an HD tv in order to even use split screen. Why? None of the updates from the last 6 months are even in the game, there's no hunger meter, no steak, no endermen, no anything. The only way you would ever enjoy this is if you have never played Minecraft in your life.
  6. May 16, 2012
    I found it great adaptation. The music is very good and the only thing that could improve the control. I played a bit on PC and the keyboard is still the best but having Minecraft on the xbox is superb. Really recommended and justified the 1600 MP.
  7. May 9, 2012
    The most successful indie game of all time makes it's way onto the XBox 360 console. Introducing brand new features such as the redesigned crafting system, split screen local and online multiplayer and a helpful hint/tutorial system.

Overall Minecraft for the Xbox 360 is a great port, certainly way ahead of the Pocket Edition. It's not as up to date as the PC version but it's certainly
    enjoyable. It's perfect for new Minecraft players and definitely good for younger players or family nights in. But if you're a Minecraft veteran and you loved the PC version since the early Alpha/Beta days then you'll probably want to think twice. Expand
  8. Jul 6, 2012
    This game has all the best values of an officially packaged game, with the addition of fresh new ideas. However, it can be a bit difficult to get to grips with the controls, but for the casual gamer, this is a must buy.
  9. May 11, 2012
    This version is very bad, definitely not worth it, bought it and played for a while but not this good, do not waste your money on it, the PC version is MIL times better.
  10. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game Splitscreen is the best! Only get this if you are looking to play with some friends. You also need an HDTV which sucks if you wanted to play splitscreen.
  11. May 9, 2012
    A very lackluster port of an amazing game. Absolutely no bells or whistles here. A very minimal and extremely outdated version of minecraft. A lot of the bugs that were fixed months ago on pc still plague this version. Terrible implementation of the crafting system. Very poorly mapped controls. I have been playing minecraft with a controller for two years and my dated xpadder setup is worlds better. If this had come out six to nine months ago as it was supposed to it would have been fine. As I'm sure they plan to update and fix some of these issues. But it's already six months behind in basic gameplay and mechanics let alone the bug fixes. At it's heart it still is an okay game but being that the pc version is roughly the same price, has more content, is modable and skinable and has fewer bugs I see absolutely no reason why anyone should buy the 360 port. Expand
  12. May 11, 2012
    Ok. I know I will be called PS fanboy because of my opinion (but usually Im Xbot) - but I really dont see the audience for this game. If you like to create stuff, use your imagination, share it and play it with other people - you should go get LBP2. Much better possibilities, dedicated servers for sharing, community functions (ratings, reviews,...). If you dont like it, MC is not for you anyway.
    Dont get me wrong. It is not bad game. You are building stuff just for the sake of the building itself. There is no motivation to play it for a long time.
  13. May 17, 2012
    Very buggy - this game should not have shipped yet. I can't even use a furnace without the game hanging. Otherwise exactly what I'd expect from the port - same fun as the PC version.
  14. Sep 27, 2012
    This is a casual game for plebeians without taste, or for people who don't have a PC to run this game. As a port it was even worse (shockingly) than the PC version because it lacked the ability to use mods, which make up most of the PC game play.
  15. Mar 29, 2013
    It is missing all of the of updates and thy makes it very boring. Also the pc edition seems to be more accessible. Shame. I loved minecraft one day. Now I just can't look at it. Perhaps if the updates are applied.:. This edition would earn a 8 out of ten. Nope.
  16. May 10, 2012
    The single-player component is deep and expansive, allowing your creativity to shine, and the tutorial helps you when you're lost on what to build or what to do, basically eliminating the need for a wiki. However, the best part of Minecraft is the multiplayer: I loved going on adventures, mining, and even simple BUILDING a lot more when I had 8 friends with me.
  17. May 23, 2012
    I played the demo of this game, and if Jeb wants my 25 euros for pre-Adventure update version of game, then heck no, I would better buy something fun at second-hand store.
  18. Jun 18, 2012
    It's really broken.
    I would just get it on PC if you want to get it at all.

You get mods, actually unlimited generation and the actually whole fame.
  19. May 29, 2012
    A fantastic game regardless of the platform. This version contains the main features, but unfortunately does not yet include some more recent updates. A tutorial, crafting information and game hints are all available to the players, preventing the need to research information. Definitely a must buy for Minecraft fans and a great experience for new players.
  20. May 12, 2012
    When I purchased the Xbox Version of Minecraft, I thought I knew what to expect. Surely I will be receiving nothing less than the PC version, seeing as Minecraft's engine is easy to adapt. But I was wrong. Map's are now 1000x1000, which isn't so much bad, but disappointing. The real problems begin when I realized there was no Creation Mode for the game, and the Adventure Mode of the game was running on a version from the beta, leaving many, many of the new advancements absent. Mojang assures us that the other content will be released in updates, but the presence of a "Download Content" button on the main screen makes me uneasy, as it seems like Notch will attempt to sell the remanding content as DLC. The final dissapointment; mandatory use of an HD-TV to enjoy the games biggest selling point, 4 player Split-screen Co-Op. All in all, Minecraft: Xbox Edition is the very name of "Wait and See". The game could, at a later point, be worth 20 dollars, but for the moment, absolutely not. Expand
  21. May 9, 2012
    It is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is good for newbs. In general it also speeds things up, looks sleek, and really doesn't change much for veterans. Expand
  22. May 15, 2012
    This is a huge downgrade from the PC version of the game. Does it work? Oh yeah, it's a playable game. The issue is many additions to the PC version were not included. You should only get this version if your computer is not powerful enough to run the PC version of minecraft or if you have no available friends on the pc.
  23. May 16, 2012
    i think minecraft on the pc is the better game because of the mods, being able to have hundreds of players on ONE server. The xbox 360 version is still good but it is definitely NOT as good as i thought it would be, first off when i found out you cant playy splitscreen with your friends on a standard definition tv, i was mad. I got over it, then one of my brothers was playing his game, btw he was playing on our ONLY gold profile, while he was playing a game-breaker glitch happened, he opened his inventory then he skipped through the tutorial, then the game locked up. It keeps on doing this now, but other than the game breaker glitch and HORRIBLE decision to make the splitscreen ONLY for hd tvs this is a great game if it didn't have those things wrong with it i would give it a 9/10. Expand
  24. May 17, 2012
    My time with Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition was annoying but couldn't put it down.. one thing that ruined it for me was (no not the fact that it cost 1600MSP.......1600 wow) its the fact that there is no surprise or mystery to the 360 version. everything is done for you, there is no reason for all the tutorials or a tutorial full stop. If you sat there thinking "aww what do i do..this game sucks, i dont know what to do" Then my friends you shouldn't play video games and you need to find yourself an imagination.

Other than that the game is ok in itself, you mine blocks that look like grass and stone, and make a house before you get murdered by the worlds creatures. and then explore the world and explore and dig then explore and dig again. we all no how minecraft works.. Great game hours of fun..but a bit steep in price.
  25. DME
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lacks very many features that it's PC counterpart has. Unfortunately, in order for players to play on a world, the world's host must be signed in at all times. This is actually a much bigger deal than most people would think. If you and a whole team of buddies get together and build a huge world, nobody can access it unless the Host player is online. Still, it's a decent port to the Xbox 360 that functions well with few glitches and bugs. Expand
  26. May 12, 2012
    Never played MC before, and I can see potential here. But MC is tedious. The crafting menu is a shopping list that requires a ton of digging or chopping. Tools wearing out feels like game padding (compare to Skyrim or Monsterhunter's engaging crafting.) Even hunting is dull. The graphics are crappy, and I'm not sure why they should be. I love the lego-aspect, but pretty visuals and fun tasks would make the game far better. Expand
  27. Jun 30, 2013
    I have never actually played this game but watched several people waste valuable hours on it an t I just wanted to offset the score of those that love this game because it's lousy graphics, simple gameplay, crappy music, and total lack of anything interesting makes me now know the majority of people who have some form of gaming system are complete morons.
  28. May 25, 2012
    Fans scream in joy, Notch gets his money... everyone is happy. In reality, fans get a poor crafting system and a overall inferior version to the PC, and a hard time fapping to Creepers. (Actually,Creepers are still hot) but to keep it simple, Creepers give this game a 5/10. If it weren't for them, it would be a 0.
  29. May 9, 2012
    Even if the 360 port of Minecraft is lacking many things, it does not detract from the overall immersion and experience you get in Mojang's world. Cons:
    -The port did take away the "trial-and-error" crafting, in support of auto-crafting that the computer will do for you (if you have the necessary items).
    -The game world isn't as expansive on the 360 which means the depth and the overall
    earth the map encompasses is much smaller.
    -No character customization

Pros:
    -Highly addictive gameplay that translates well from the PC version
    -Very pleasing graphics that are worked in a way to stimulate the senses
    -Absolutely chilling piano score
    -Day/Night cycles are handled very well
    -Combat is on-point
    -Multiplayer is fun and addictive and it compliments the overall experience

I recommend this to anybody and everybody.
  30. May 21, 2012
    Simply put, if you can get the PC version, get that instead. Newest version, easier controls especially for building, mod support and also it's the same price. However, if your an Xbox fanboy and have a computer older than your grandma, or you hate mouse and keyboard controls for some reason and are willing to sacrifice some extras for your beloved analogue control, OR all your friends play on the Xbox and you feel left out, then there's no reason not to get this version. The experience is much the same. Expand
  31. Nov 25, 2012
    This xbox 360 version of Minecraft is different than the PC version. You can't put mods, join multiplayer games without a friend, you can't make your own skin for your character and the enemies and the blocks, and more. They took out the nether world on this version, which is how we end the game. At least you won't need to worry about the lag, because the lag ruins fun. But they took out lots of good things. Instead of downloading the skins for free, you will have to pay for it. And instead of lots of people joining one game, only 8 people can join in one game. It's like if this game turned into the past all of a sudden. If you to enjoy minecraft better, then get the PC version for the maximum enjoyment for this game. Collapse

Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]