7.2

1. May 14, 2012
    I might put up a full review later, but for now, I just want to point out something.

Yes this game has split screen co op but that will NOT WORK, if you are not playing it on an HDTV.

This has no effect on my score by the way.
  2. May 11, 2012
    Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Is pretty good overall, but it has its downfalls, like the game's downgraded version of Version 1.6.6. If you have played MC for PC before, you Don't need this game, Anyway, Who needs a downgraded version of a game you already have? Minecraft for Xbox 360 does have its Good sides though. Heres a list of the Pros and the Cons of the Game.

Pros: .High FPS

Pros:
    .High FPS average, Somewhere around 60 FPS the whole time, almost never changing.
    .Nostalgia feeling, even though some people may not find this appealing, but I like the old Version.
    .No Commands in multiplayer, When you use /give as an op on the PC, it doesnt go with the nature of
    Minecraft.
    .Minecraft Xbox edition has good controlls, It feels very smooth and carefree if that is good
    .THERE IS FINALLY A TUTORIAL, WOOOOO.
    .A solid crafting system, you dont have to worry about remembering crafting recipes anymore lucky the workbench does it for you

Cons:
    .Older Version, This is the second opinion, older versions means no content and no Adventure update!
    .No guns whatsoever, This may not be a problem for many people but for COD players, its a BAD problem
    .No more sprinting.

The game Minecraft Xbox edition is good overall, At least we dont have to rely on Total miner and Castle miner anymore, Most likely one of the best sandboxes in the market so far.

I hope this review helped you!
  3. Oct 31, 2014
    Thoroughly enjoyable way to PG game in front of the kids. Hated this game until I discovered what all lurked beneath the surface. Then I found out how to get to the Nether and the game went up another notch. I do wish more features would be incorporated into the 360 version, and the map needs to be bigger. The survival feeling at night and under ground are really well done, and theThoroughly enjoyable way to PG game in front of the kids. Hated this game until I discovered what all lurked beneath the surface. Then I found out how to get to the Nether and the game went up another notch. I do wish more features would be incorporated into the 360 version, and the map needs to be bigger. The survival feeling at night and under ground are really well done, and the graphics suck but that's kind of the point.

Solid simple game to kill much time with.
  4. May 10, 2012
    its a ok game nothing compared to the PC not worth 20$ in my opinion because its so out dated no pistons no enchants no fortresses honestly kind of ticked me off makes the game kinda boring without that stuff quick. i really hope they add that stuff like they say they are going to or this is a huge rip off. only good for boring nights when i cant go play minecraft on the pc
  5. May 15, 2012
    This is a huge downgrade from the PC version of the game. Does it work? Oh yeah, it's a playable game. The issue is many additions to the PC version were not included. You should only get this version if your computer is not powerful enough to run the PC version of minecraft or if you have no available friends on the pc.
  6. May 16, 2012
    i think minecraft on the pc is the better game because of the mods, being able to have hundreds of players on ONE server. The xbox 360 version is still good but it is definitely NOT as good as i thought it would be, first off when i found out you cant playy splitscreen with your friends on a standard definition tv, i was mad. I got over it, then one of my brothers was playing his game, btwi think minecraft on the pc is the better game because of the mods, being able to have hundreds of players on ONE server. The xbox 360 version is still good but it is definitely NOT as good as i thought it would be, first off when i found out you cant playy splitscreen with your friends on a standard definition tv, i was mad. I got over it, then one of my brothers was playing his game, btw he was playing on our ONLY gold profile, while he was playing a game-breaker glitch happened, he opened his inventory then he skipped through the tutorial, then the game locked up. It keeps on doing this now, but other than the game breaker glitch and HORRIBLE decision to make the splitscreen ONLY for hd tvs this is a great game if it didn't have those things wrong with it i would give it a 9/10. Expand
  7. May 28, 2012
    A good PC port to console. The controls feel natural, the drop in system works well, the lag is usually minimal, (although it goes up when there's a lot of stuff on fire) and it is a hell of a lot easier to communicate with your friends. This would be a 9/10 for me, but the update they released it as isn't even after minecraft's official PC release.
  8. Jun 13, 2012
    I bought this game for PC not knowing anything about it, but soon fell in love with this masterpiece of a game. I then thought, well if the game was awesome on PC, it's gotta be awesome on Xbox. So I went out and got some Microsoft points, and bought the game. Now don't get me wrong, Minecraft is a great game, whether it's for PC or 360. But I find the version on 360 is a lot more dulledI bought this game for PC not knowing anything about it, but soon fell in love with this masterpiece of a game. I then thought, well if the game was awesome on PC, it's gotta be awesome on Xbox. So I went out and got some Microsoft points, and bought the game. Now don't get me wrong, Minecraft is a great game, whether it's for PC or 360. But I find the version on 360 is a lot more dulled down and isn't as thrilling as it is on PC. Now I say this because when you use a crafting table, it shows everything that you can build, and how many of something you need and what you need. On PC you had to figure this stuff out and remember it, which I felt made the game just that much more of a challenge and fun. (fun if your friends didn't know how to do it but you did) Minecraft is an awesome game; no doubt, but I think it should only really be played on PC. Expand
  9. Jul 1, 2012
    I am a huge fan of Minecraft. When I heard that it was coming to Xbox with cross-platforming, skins, texture packs, mods, and the latest up-to-date version (although that wasn't so bad), I should have not trusted a company I had never heard of before. Who are 4JStudios? I have no idea! Perhaps if Mojang ported Minecraft to the Xbox360, it would have lived up to these empty promises. WhileI am a huge fan of Minecraft. When I heard that it was coming to Xbox with cross-platforming, skins, texture packs, mods, and the latest up-to-date version (although that wasn't so bad), I should have not trusted a company I had never heard of before. Who are 4JStudios? I have no idea! Perhaps if Mojang ported Minecraft to the Xbox360, it would have lived up to these empty promises. While this was a huge let-down, I was quite impressed with the split screen functionalities, the general quality of the port, and the sweet nostalgia of Beta 1.6.6, not to mention the fact that it was completely re-written in C++ and not Java. If you're a strict console gamer, but you've heard of Minecraft, I recommend this to you, defiantly. If you're a long time player who wants a nostalgia burst, be my guest. I do not, however, recommend this to people who were waiting for it and were exited about 4j's empty promises, so don't bother if you're one of those people. Expand
  10. Jul 22, 2012
    It was late last night when my human thrall left to perform his daily routine of running about the city doing human things, but he had mentioned a peculiar human obsession for what he referred to as Video Games. In my efforts to gather intelligence on the human race for the coming invasion of my people, and the endless failure I have suffered at my thrall's inability to do anything to helpIt was late last night when my human thrall left to perform his daily routine of running about the city doing human things, but he had mentioned a peculiar human obsession for what he referred to as Video Games. In my efforts to gather intelligence on the human race for the coming invasion of my people, and the endless failure I have suffered at my thrall's inability to do anything to help me repair my ship (he tore the patch on the Element-51 tank and leaked out the remaining contents into his garage floor. Blasted fool!) I decided to have Oracle study the devices at the front of the room. The television, and most importantly the strange Box of 360 X's.
    It didn't take long to discern how to turn the device on, and the television roared to life, flashing upon the large display screen above.
    "Box of X!" I commanded. "Show me this... video game!"
    It did nothing.
    "Box of X! I demand video games! Obey me now!"
    No reply.
    That's when Oracle informed me of a handheld wireless device laying nearby. I reached over, picked it up. It was covered in buttons and analog sticks. Ahh. I understood. You controlled it with your hands. How quaint.
    I scrolled through the menus, quickly navigating my way to the games, then came upon another menu with a list. The first that caught my eye was Minecraft. I chose it.
    I was instantly confused. Had the resolution shifted? Was it meant to be so... so blocky? I decided it best to carry on in my study. After some playing around in the menu, I chose to start a new game.
    My next experience was one of surprise. As the world of Minecraft laid out before me, I noticed it has a certain sense of beauty about it. Blocky arboreal growths jutted from the green ground-covering. Cubed earth lifeforms usually harvested for meat wandered about. Instructions flashed on the screen, informing me of how to properly utilize the software interface between myself and the Minecraft.
    I wandered about at first, doing as it commanded and gathering resources. I must admit at first I had misunderstood the purpose of the Minecraft.That is, until I realized I could use the redstone and piston technologies offered in the game to build a large-scale model of my ship! From there, I could command my thrall to study it in-depth!
    Yes! The Minecraft was clearly an educational tool!
    I set myself to the task, first starting with the underside of the ship. Getting the blinking lights correct was a challenge, but considering my mind's vast superiority over the piddling human brain, it was a challenge that was overcome quickly. I constructed the outer shell from cobblestone, as it was a commonly accessible resource. The size of the Minecraft ship was many times larger, comparatively, than that of my actual ship, but due to the right-angles and generally linear three-dimensional space, it became a necessity. Also, the inability to transmit a redstone current without redstone wire was a drawback.
    I continued to design the ship, running back and forth between locations, ensuring my area was protected against Creepers and Skeletons, and building the engine. I moved my way up to the Element-51 tank, taking the time to fill it with lava. I began the navigation equipment, the pitch, the yaw controls. Then I completed the Quantum Entanglement Comm Relay. None of it would function, of course, but I created it in such a way that he would begin to grasp the concept of how my ship worked. If all went well, I would finally be able to rely on him to repair the ship while I complete my mission.
    I had finally put the final pieces of the ship together when I suddenly noticed a peculiar glare coming from the display screen. I traced it to its source, only to take note of your sun rising outside the glass portal in the side of the house. The real-life house. I realized nearly 8 of your earth-hours had passed, and I'd barely noticed it at all.
    In closing, I would like to start that utilizing the Minecraft should not be done if you have something important to do. The time spent within its interface can eat up days of your life without remorse if you allow it. The general ability to do whatever you wish in the game is an addictive draw, but can be easily abused. The music is soothing, but becomes too repetitive after a while. Some more variety would be nice.
    I would also like to state that some resources are notoriously hard to find, such as the mythical Stronghold, I heard my thrall speak of. The colors in the game are vibrant and eye-pleasing, but the texture of the blocks were of a very poor resolution and often became a pain to look at.
    And finally, I believe it to be a powerful educational tool. Alterations to the software would have to be made, of course, but I daresay it would become a popular tool at the Academies on Reticula IV in terms of its redstone and piston features.
    I shall put my thrall to work on it immediately! With any luck, his pathetic human intellect will be enough...
  11. Oct 11, 2012
    This game is great fun, unfortunatly it is heavly over shadowed by the seeminly lack of interest by its devs fabs have been waiting for an update for months now.
  12. Jun 11, 2014
    I dont play it as much as I used to but when I did it was fun especially with friends. The only downside is that the Xbox version gets updates later than the PC version (which is understandable) but it still comes after a couple weeks or months.
  13. Aug 5, 2013
    My review of Minecraft: xbox 360 edition.

SINGLE/ MULTIPLAYER: 10/10. build things with blocks. doesn't get better than that. GRAPHICS: 7/10. i like the style, but lacks the PC version's texture packs SOUND: 8/10. simple sounds, catchy soundtrack GAMEPLAY: 6/10. poor draw distance, small worlds, no mods/ texture packs, small player count, frequently lags people out, behind PC version
    My review of Minecraft: xbox 360 edition.

GRAPHICS: 7/10. i like the style, but lacks the PC version's texture packs
    SOUND: 8/10. simple sounds, catchy soundtrack
    GAMEPLAY: 6/10. poor draw distance, small worlds, no mods/ texture packs, small player count, frequently lags people out, behind PC version in updates, takes months for one update to get in
    FUN FACTOR: 8/10. despite being inferior to the PC version, it is still fun
    TOTAL: 7/10
  14. Aug 28, 2013
    I've got mixed feelings about this game because it lacks the potential of the PC, which is a downer. But, at the same time, it's got the ease of creation without the anal need to know every element needed, and put into a crafting table, to make something that the PC does.

The TU12 just rolled out and really gave the game some more flexibility. I love the Oscelots because they keep those creepers at a distance. The game has a really old-school video game feel and the odd thing about it is....it really requires WAY more resources than one would ever believe it could.

This game, with it's "creation" mode, is really fun and i see kids just getting hypnotized by it. The creative mode also allows them to play without a "destructive" element which, i am sure, parents are just LOVING right now. Plus i know TONS of people, 40 and older, who just can't put this game down.

This game is very cool.....it should get a "Time-waster of the year" award
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    It may be behind the computer Minecraft in versions, but it has made crafting a lot easier, so I don't have to have 'Minecraft recipes' open while playing. The fact that there are no mods in the game really disappoints me because I really miss tekkit, and texture packs and skins cost money!!! Now thats just ridiculous Microsoft!!!! multiplayer has also made an outstanding enterance intoIt may be behind the computer Minecraft in versions, but it has made crafting a lot easier, so I don't have to have 'Minecraft recipes' open while playing. The fact that there are no mods in the game really disappoints me because I really miss tekkit, and texture packs and skins cost money!!! Now thats just ridiculous Microsoft!!!! multiplayer has also made an outstanding enterance into the game with friends lists and easy join options, and lets never forget the beautiful 2 player screen or 3-4 r watever, these two things will make sure you never play like a loner. my score: 7/10

+easy multiplayer, no internet or with internet
    -no mods
    -texture packs and skins cost money!
    +crafting much easier
    -behind normal minecraft
  16. Nov 30, 2013
    This is a fun game to let out your creativity, but it gets boring after a while. When buying this game,I would recommend buying another game with it so you don't focus on this game for to long, or you will fall asleep or end up playing another older game. It's an ok game though.
  17. Jul 21, 2014
    It's the great open world minecraft we all know and love, but now it has split screen co-op. Which is AWESOME. They're also online play with xbox live. If you don't know minecraft it's a endless open world game with no objective, it's up to the player to decide what to do. It's either really fun, or really boring. This game is either going to make you play it for hours on end, or you'llIt's the great open world minecraft we all know and love, but now it has split screen co-op. Which is AWESOME. They're also online play with xbox live. If you don't know minecraft it's a endless open world game with no objective, it's up to the player to decide what to do. It's either really fun, or really boring. This game is either going to make you play it for hours on end, or you'll get bored of it after 5 minutes. Expand
  18. Oct 21, 2014
    This game is boring when played offline. However playing this game online really makes it fun and good. There are a lot of sandbox elements to interact with. You can possibly create what you desire in the game.
  19. Jan 2, 2015
    Minecraft is overall a good game with lots to do. Its really fun with a friends in co-op. It has many ports but I feel any console version of Minecraft is great as it feels better with a controller. Its far from perfect but it can offer a great experience. Try it out.
  20. May 9, 2012
    A very lackluster port of an amazing game. Absolutely no bells or whistles here. A very minimal and extremely outdated version of minecraft. A lot of the bugs that were fixed months ago on pc still plague this version. Terrible implementation of the crafting system. Very poorly mapped controls. I have been playing minecraft with a controller for two years and my dated xpadder setup isA very lackluster port of an amazing game. Absolutely no bells or whistles here. A very minimal and extremely outdated version of minecraft. A lot of the bugs that were fixed months ago on pc still plague this version. Terrible implementation of the crafting system. Very poorly mapped controls. I have been playing minecraft with a controller for two years and my dated xpadder setup is worlds better. If this had come out six to nine months ago as it was supposed to it would have been fine. As I'm sure they plan to update and fix some of these issues. But it's already six months behind in basic gameplay and mechanics let alone the bug fixes. At it's heart it still is an okay game but being that the pc version is roughly the same price, has more content, is modable and skinable and has fewer bugs I see absolutely no reason why anyone should buy the 360 port. Expand
  21. May 9, 2012
    By no means a bad game but the pricing is all wrong 1600msp . I tried the demo enough to get what its about @ 800 point I may have bit , way overpriced . Many many games on XBLA that simply offer more fun and content.
  22. May 12, 2012
    When I purchased the Xbox Version of Minecraft, I thought I knew what to expect. Surely I will be receiving nothing less than the PC version, seeing as Minecraft's engine is easy to adapt. But I was wrong. Map's are now 1000x1000, which isn't so much bad, but disappointing. The real problems begin when I realized there was no Creation Mode for the game, and the Adventure Mode of the gameWhen I purchased the Xbox Version of Minecraft, I thought I knew what to expect. Surely I will be receiving nothing less than the PC version, seeing as Minecraft's engine is easy to adapt. But I was wrong. Map's are now 1000x1000, which isn't so much bad, but disappointing. The real problems begin when I realized there was no Creation Mode for the game, and the Adventure Mode of the game was running on a version from the beta, leaving many, many of the new advancements absent. Mojang assures us that the other content will be released in updates, but the presence of a "Download Content" button on the main screen makes me uneasy, as it seems like Notch will attempt to sell the remanding content as DLC. The final dissapointment; mandatory use of an HD-TV to enjoy the games biggest selling point, 4 player Split-screen Co-Op. All in all, Minecraft: Xbox Edition is the very name of "Wait and See". The game could, at a later point, be worth 20 dollars, but for the moment, absolutely not. Expand
  23. May 13, 2012
    When it was announced at E3 2011 that Minecraft would be coming to Xbox 360, everybody was hyped up. The question is, does this port live up to the hype? The answer is no. Here is why. One reason why this game is a disapointment is because of false advertisement. never did it say before the game was released or in the Xbox Marketplace did it say you needed an HD Television just to play aWhen it was announced at E3 2011 that Minecraft would be coming to Xbox 360, everybody was hyped up. The question is, does this port live up to the hype? The answer is no. Here is why. One reason why this game is a disapointment is because of false advertisement. never did it say before the game was released or in the Xbox Marketplace did it say you needed an HD Television just to play a damn split screen. You might argue that everybody has an HD TV, but some people just can't make the investment for one. This might be minor, but my main complaint for this game is that there is no option in the game for unlimited supplies. You guys might argue I am a noob and I should find the supplies myself, but i believe unlimited supplies on the PC saved many hours on crafting. Also, the game is $20 and more expensive than the PC version. This wouldn't be such an issue if the Xbox 360 version was not obsolete to the PC version. On the bright side, the controls ARE much better on the 360 than the PC. So overall, I don't think Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is very good. 4J Studios might've done a decent job porting the game, but the lack of simple customization and a $20 price tag just doesn't cut it for me. That is why this review deserves a 60%. Expand
  24. May 17, 2012
    My time with Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition was annoying but couldn't put it down.. one thing that ruined it for me was (no not the fact that it cost 1600MSP.......1600 wow) its the fact that there is no surprise or mystery to the 360 version. everything is done for you, there is no reason for all the tutorials or a tutorial full stop. If you sat there thinking "aww what do i do..this gameMy time with Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition was annoying but couldn't put it down.. one thing that ruined it for me was (no not the fact that it cost 1600MSP.......1600 wow) its the fact that there is no surprise or mystery to the 360 version. everything is done for you, there is no reason for all the tutorials or a tutorial full stop. If you sat there thinking "aww what do i do..this game sucks, i dont know what to do" Then my friends you shouldn't play video games and you need to find yourself an imagination.

Other than that the game is ok in itself, you mine blocks that look like grass and stone, and make a house before you get murdered by the worlds creatures. and then explore the world and explore and dig then explore and dig again. we all no how minecraft works.. Great game hours of fun..but a bit steep in price.
  25. Aug 13, 2012
    It's good for the Xbox, even though it's very mediocre compared to the original on the PC. Then again, it's "Minecraft - Xbox 360 Version", and not "Minecraft for the Xbox 360". My only advice is, buy it on the PC (Unless your PC isn't that good). The only reason why i dont got it PC myself is because i can't be arsed about PC gaming. But with the limited options on the Xbox, chances areIt's good for the Xbox, even though it's very mediocre compared to the original on the PC. Then again, it's "Minecraft - Xbox 360 Version", and not "Minecraft for the Xbox 360". My only advice is, buy it on the PC (Unless your PC isn't that good). The only reason why i dont got it PC myself is because i can't be arsed about PC gaming. But with the limited options on the Xbox, chances are you'll get bored after a while. And they seriously need to fix that duplication glitch. Expand
  26. Nov 25, 2012
    This xbox 360 version of Minecraft is different than the PC version. You can't put mods, join multiplayer games without a friend, you can't make your own skin for your character and the enemies and the blocks, and more. They took out the nether world on this version, which is how we end the game. At least you won't need to worry about the lag, because the lag ruins fun. But they took outThis xbox 360 version of Minecraft is different than the PC version. You can't put mods, join multiplayer games without a friend, you can't make your own skin for your character and the enemies and the blocks, and more. They took out the nether world on this version, which is how we end the game. At least you won't need to worry about the lag, because the lag ruins fun. But they took out lots of good things. Instead of downloading the skins for free, you will have to pay for it. And instead of lots of people joining one game, only 8 people can join in one game. It's like if this game turned into the past all of a sudden. If you to enjoy minecraft better, then get the PC version for the maximum enjoyment for this game. Expand
  27. Mar 25, 2013
    This really is not a bad game, but If you have a good enough computer the play The Computer edition I would get that, It has no texture packs, no mods, no skins, its like playing the pocket edition but on an Xbox, at least on the PE you can have some texture packs, I bought this on May 9th the day it came out, In my opinion, if you don't have someone to play with it really gets boring, MyThis really is not a bad game, but If you have a good enough computer the play The Computer edition I would get that, It has no texture packs, no mods, no skins, its like playing the pocket edition but on an Xbox, at least on the PE you can have some texture packs, I bought this on May 9th the day it came out, In my opinion, if you don't have someone to play with it really gets boring, My friends wouldn't buy the game for a month and I would just have to sit and you no do vanilla stuff For X-BOX 360 gamers Vanilla means non modded), To sum it up well this game is over priced at 20 dollars I mean I bought the PC edition for 15. It is not worth playing if you have the PC version, I bought to play with while away from home and you can't play it without being CONNECTED TO XBOX LIVE AT ALL TIMES I MEAN REALLY WOW THAT'S JUST STUPID. 4j and Mojang are good company's the reason minecraft XB edition is so DUMBED down is that it is running on an Xbox I mean only 8 PLAYERS that's ridiculous. The reason you can't make your own skin is because of Copyright issues, tell that the the ton's of Link skins on Planet Minecraft Expand
  28. Apr 29, 2013
    Overall just the nerfed PC version. Extremely small map comparatively, and the server sizes don't match up. The only reason why I got this was to play the split screen coop, but alas, this game; with it's extremely low visuals (Which I know is part of it's charm) absolutely REQUIRES an HD tv to play coop.

Playing online is also very buggy and is limited by the xbox with what you can do.

Also, Twenty dollars for this? Not worth the price, at 10 dollars, it would be much more reasonable and would have appeared more favorably in my eyes

If you really want to play Minecraft, buy the PC version, this one disappoints.
  29. Nov 14, 2015
    this game is not great the lag is everywere when i put alot of animals on my maps play the xbox one or ps4 version it has less lag and better framerate and graphics
  30. DME
    Jul 23, 2012
    Lacks very many features that it's PC counterpart has. Unfortunately, in order for players to play on a world, the world's host must be signed in at all times. This is actually a much bigger deal than most people would think. If you and a whole team of buddies get together and build a huge world, nobody can access it unless the Host player is online. Still, it's a decent port to theLacks very many features that it's PC counterpart has. Unfortunately, in order for players to play on a world, the world's host must be signed in at all times. This is actually a much bigger deal than most people would think. If you and a whole team of buddies get together and build a huge world, nobody can access it unless the Host player is online. Still, it's a decent port to the Xbox 360 that functions well with few glitches and bugs. Expand
  31. May 12, 2012
    Never played MC before, and I can see potential here. But MC is tedious. The crafting menu is a shopping list that requires a ton of digging or chopping. Tools wearing out feels like game padding (compare to Skyrim or Monsterhunter's engaging crafting.) Even hunting is dull. The graphics are crappy, and I'm not sure why they should be. I love the lego-aspect, but pretty visuals and funNever played MC before, and I can see potential here. But MC is tedious. The crafting menu is a shopping list that requires a ton of digging or chopping. Tools wearing out feels like game padding (compare to Skyrim or Monsterhunter's engaging crafting.) Even hunting is dull. The graphics are crappy, and I'm not sure why they should be. I love the lego-aspect, but pretty visuals and fun tasks would make the game far better. Expand
  32. May 11, 2012
    Ok. I know I will be called PS fanboy because of my opinion (but usually Im Xbot) - but I really dont see the audience for this game. If you like to create stuff, use your imagination, share it and play it with other people - you should go get LBP2. Much better possibilities, dedicated servers for sharing, community functions (ratings, reviews,...). If you dont like it, MC is not for youOk. I know I will be called PS fanboy because of my opinion (but usually Im Xbot) - but I really dont see the audience for this game. If you like to create stuff, use your imagination, share it and play it with other people - you should go get LBP2. Much better possibilities, dedicated servers for sharing, community functions (ratings, reviews,...). If you dont like it, MC is not for you anyway.
    Dont get me wrong. It is not bad game. You are building stuff just for the sake of the building itself. There is no motivation to play it for a long time.
  33. May 25, 2012
    Fans scream in joy, Notch gets his money... everyone is happy. In reality, fans get a poor crafting system and a overall inferior version to the PC, and a hard time fapping to Creepers. (Actually,Creepers are still hot) but to keep it simple, Creepers give this game a 5/10. If it weren't for them, it would be a 0.
  34. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is a very easy one to score, as the XBox360 version of Minecraft is exactly half as good as the PC version! So it immediately places it in the 5/10 region in terms of score.

Though it is worth noting that I owe the XBox360 version a debt of gratitude. After playing it, I realised that this is not a bad game at all; just that it is the archetypal PC game, so I grabbed it on the PC and never looked back.

For those reading these reviews and considering what platform to opt for, there isn't a question to be had. If you have a PC, you get the PC version. If for whatever reason you can't get it on the PC, then the 360 version is "not bad". Just don't expect to be blown away by the Minecraft experience in the same way as your PC playing peers.
  35. Jun 25, 2012
    I was excited about minecraft for xbox 360 until I started playing. What they have done is used the old edition of minecraft. I bought the game during beta 1.8 and it was worth buying but minecraft for xbox is not worth it.

The multi-player is good because it does not require hours of setting up a server but if lets say 7 people are playing on a world the host has to be there which is annoying if the host is almost never online.

The crafting I at first thought was bad but when your using an xbox controller it's not that bad. I was disappointed to see they had left a lot of items out including simple ones like glass panes!

That's said I do enjoy the fact that if your world is griefed you can revert to last save which is very good if your like me and have accidents with fire.

To sum up i would say to buy the game but you would not experience the full entertainment as minecraft PC.
  36. Nov 24, 2012
    Good port of an amazing game. The xbox 360 edition of the game is crap compared to the PC version, but is still a decent game. The one thing that makes Minecraft addictive is the replay value. There are an infinite amount of things to do. Of course, this depends on the player's imagination. The game is far behind the PC version. (About 6-10 months). The port is also buggy and sometimesGood port of an amazing game. The xbox 360 edition of the game is crap compared to the PC version, but is still a decent game. The one thing that makes Minecraft addictive is the replay value. There are an infinite amount of things to do. Of course, this depends on the player's imagination. The game is far behind the PC version. (About 6-10 months). The port is also buggy and sometimes frustrating because of all these glitches. The multiplayer is almost unplayable when playing with 4 or more people. The world size is embarrassingly small, and all the skin packs are crap. This is a mediocre game. Expand
  37. Aug 27, 2013
    Although minecraft is a good game and i do spend a few hours playing it i think people just overlook all the problembs it has at times. Firstly with both minecafts once you find a few diamonds you can feel that there isn't much more to do than farm and build things just for the sake of building. Also you have to pay for skins which we can all agree is rediculous and they are just trying toAlthough minecraft is a good game and i do spend a few hours playing it i think people just overlook all the problembs it has at times. Firstly with both minecafts once you find a few diamonds you can feel that there isn't much more to do than farm and build things just for the sake of building. Also you have to pay for skins which we can all agree is rediculous and they are just trying to get money, there is no explination for that. Finally it is about 6-8 months behind the other minecraft and is annoying because you know there is a amazing feature and you know it would be better to play the pc. I hope people will consider my points and i will not get alot of hate for this. You should know i like the game even though im giving it a 5, it is just frustrating. Expand
  38. Jan 18, 2014
    I have been playing minecraft since alpha days on pc but when this came out i thought it was great but later after all the updates it was getting boring but i still find it entertaining i make alot of creations besides all the little kids who play this game i think its ok now all i see is minecraft i think there pushing it.
  39. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game deserves a F. The 5 that I'm giving it is because its bad without other people. The game's graphics are stupid and the concept of the game too. If your into building things I recommend it. If your not and your the jack @$$ agreeing with me, then welcome. This game is just not entertaining to me. Its just not fun. My brother loves it so I don't care that I bought it. Just a bit of a waste if you aren't a building type of person. Expand
  40. Dec 16, 2015
    Hey there, boys and girls! Do you like Minecraft on the PC? You do? Well guess what? We've created a version for the much less powerful Xbox 360!

So now you can play Minecraft with: -A local four player trolling mode! -Inconsistent framerates! -Terrible gampad controls! -A significantly smaller world! -Laggy inputs! -Lots of crashes! -Texture packs you have to pay for! -Skins

So now you can play Minecraft with:
    -A local four player trolling mode!
    -Inconsistent framerates!
    -Terrible gampad controls!
    -A significantly smaller world!
    -Laggy inputs!
    -Lots of crashes!
    -Texture packs you have to pay for!
    -Skins you have to pay for!
    -No modding support!
    -No custom map support!
    -No command blocks or programming!
    -An eight-player cap in online games!
    -And much less stuff than the PC version!

Selling now for $9.99
  41. Nov 23, 2012
    This is a great game and the tutorial dosent even do it justice. This is a game you need to buy and play with friends to fully understand how great it is. I have since got bored of it but I have put in 1000s of hours already on this 20$ arcade game. (more hours then all the other games I have COMBINED) I would recommend this game for people young, old and everyone in between. Plus newThis is a great game and the tutorial dosent even do it justice. This is a game you need to buy and play with friends to fully understand how great it is. I have since got bored of it but I have put in 1000s of hours already on this 20$ arcade game. (more hours then all the other games I have COMBINED) I would recommend this game for people young, old and everyone in between. Plus new features are still being added without having to buy DLC. If you haven't bought this game, your missing out Collapse

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]