7.2

1. May 19, 2012
    Stop being so negative about the Xbox now having Minecraft. Here's the short version of my review to save your time and my own. Think Minecraft Alpha (the first version of minecraft) with an advanced crafting system that gives you the recipe and what you're missing for what you want to make. All that's different between the Xbox version, and the Computer version is that the Xbox can't useStop being so negative about the Xbox now having Minecraft. Here's the short version of my review to save your time and my own. Think Minecraft Alpha (the first version of minecraft) with an advanced crafting system that gives you the recipe and what you're missing for what you want to make. All that's different between the Xbox version, and the Computer version is that the Xbox can't use mods, nor creative mode. So no experimenting with building houses, or avoiding enemies, or living without worrying about health. So other than that the game is terrific and I play it nearly every day. If you are creative enough and good at surviving in strange environments with hostile creatures than buy this game. P.S. PS3 gamers, suck it. We have Minecraft now. Hahaha Expand
  2. May 9, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port of Minecraft is amazing! I was never much of a PC gamer so I really gravitated tward this. I first got it at 8:30 and I stopped at 5:00! This game can be enjoyed for hours and hours. I think that 4J studios did the PC version justice and created the best port of ANY game I have ever seen! I won't compare it to the PC version with mods and texture packs, becouse the XbozThe Xbox 360 port of Minecraft is amazing! I was never much of a PC gamer so I really gravitated tward this. I first got it at 8:30 and I stopped at 5:00! This game can be enjoyed for hours and hours. I think that 4J studios did the PC version justice and created the best port of ANY game I have ever seen! I won't compare it to the PC version with mods and texture packs, becouse the Xboz version was meant to be different. In all this is a wonderful masterpiece of a port. Expand
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    First time I reviewed this game a rated it a 2 and wrote 'Did my son really spend 1600 microsoft points on this? Yes, I'm afraid he did. 1/10 for graphics, 7/10 for gameplay. The graphics look like something off a Sega Magadrive! To think the £15 or so he spent on this would have bought three older games form our local games shop (Fifa 11, Gears of War 2, Assassins Creed 2 forFirst time I reviewed this game a rated it a 2 and wrote 'Did my son really spend 1600 microsoft points on this? Yes, I'm afraid he did. 1/10 for graphics, 7/10 for gameplay. The graphics look like something off a Sega Magadrive! To think the £15 or so he spent on this would have bought three older games form our local games shop (Fifa 11, Gears of War 2, Assassins Creed 2 for example - any one of which would outclass Minecraft). If Minecraft had cost £2.50 it would be OK, but at £15 its a steal (for Microsoft).'

I was wrong. Big time. All my kids and all their friends love it. I still can't see it myself, but I can't argue with 15 or so kids. Its a 10 from me.
  4. May 29, 2012
    A fantastic game regardless of the platform. This version contains the main features, but unfortunately does not yet include some more recent updates. A tutorial, crafting information and game hints are all available to the players, preventing the need to research information. Definitely a must buy for Minecraft fans and a great experience for new players.
  5. May 11, 2012
    Great game, brings back a lot of old memories from the beta days of the P version. Love it, would recommend anyone looking for the minecraft experience without a decent pc to get this game!
  6. May 9, 2012
    Other console that have a great year. After play The Witcher 2, now appear Minecraf: Xbox 360 Edition a great version of the incredible game of PC, the graphics are cool, the gameplay is amazing this is like a little brother of the PC version, but the game is funny.
  7. Aug 10, 2012
    I love this game!!!! Maps ARE HUGE like i play 10 hours a day and i still have not uncovered the whole map everything on this game is great you need to get this game now!!!!!!!!
  8. May 11, 2012
    So far, same old minecraft. claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssic. Great gameplay, so crappy its good graphics, and creativity make this good, and xbla makes it better.
  9. May 9, 2012
    It is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is goodIt is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is good for newbs. In general it also speeds things up, looks sleek, and really doesn't change much for veterans. Expand
  10. May 12, 2012
    Well guys, this game is just insanly amazing, way to put out! Currently me and a friend need miners to help us, message me on Xbox if you are willing an we will talk about a reward :) -Hubbs554
  11. May 14, 2012
    A great choice for those who either don't have access to a decent pc, or for those who simply just want an easy portal to game with friends - xbox live. While it doesn't quite meet up with what the pc version of the game offers, it is still a very fun and addicting experience, and it runs great on the 360. For a $20 price tag, you can expect countless hours or entertainment, either aloneA great choice for those who either don't have access to a decent pc, or for those who simply just want an easy portal to game with friends - xbox live. While it doesn't quite meet up with what the pc version of the game offers, it is still a very fun and addicting experience, and it runs great on the 360. For a $20 price tag, you can expect countless hours or entertainment, either alone or with friends. In my opinion, this is the greatest title on offer through XBLA at this moment. With the game to only be improved over time, this buy should be a no-brainer for anyone interested. Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game Splitscreen is the best! Only get this if you are looking to play with some friends. You also need an HDTV which sucks if you wanted to play splitscreen.
  13. May 16, 2012
    I found it great adaptation. The music is very good and the only thing that could improve the control. I played a bit on PC and the keyboard is still the best but having Minecraft on the xbox is superb. Really recommended and justified the 1600 MP.
  14. Jun 1, 2012
    I made an account just to review this game. I would normally only rate it an 8, but I am giving it a 10 to offset the reviews of people who don't know what they are talking about. I am disappointed by the size of the map, but the people who complain about the version of the game need to reed 4J's twitter feed. 4J has stated that they will be regularly updating the game until it is theI made an account just to review this game. I would normally only rate it an 8, but I am giving it a 10 to offset the reviews of people who don't know what they are talking about. I am disappointed by the size of the map, but the people who complain about the version of the game need to reed 4J's twitter feed. 4J has stated that they will be regularly updating the game until it is the same as it's CPU counter part. In addition to that, they will add new features that are not on the computer version. And guess what the best part of all this is???? All updates will be free of charge. No DLC unless you want skins. Fantastic game. Great mechanics. Regular updates. FREE new content. Pricing is just right I say. Thank you Notch, and thank you 4J for putting the gamers first. Expand
  15. May 26, 2012
    Wow what a refreshing game amazing love it so different im gonna buy the PC version now for all the extras i didn`t expect to like this due to the graphics game but i`m blown away its awesome best game ive played in years and years I hope they build on what they have started here.
  16. Jun 3, 2012
    To compare this port to the pc version is unfair. If the Xbox 360 version was the first released, it would be rated just as well as the pc version is rated. Many of the updates people are used to do not exist in the game because it started development before Minecraft on pc was officially released. I highly enjoy this game and the original Minecraft because of the dynamic worldTo compare this port to the pc version is unfair. If the Xbox 360 version was the first released, it would be rated just as well as the pc version is rated. Many of the updates people are used to do not exist in the game because it started development before Minecraft on pc was officially released. I highly enjoy this game and the original Minecraft because of the dynamic world generator and the fact that you can build almost anything you want. Minecraft offers plenty of content, and while I wish you could change your skin or texture pack, they don't detract from the fun. If mods are enabled through XBLA, It will make the game that much better. Expand
  17. Jul 8, 2012
    Personally, I believe that this version of Minecraft is astonishing! Sure, you cannot have EVERYTHING that is on the PC version on this console version, but this is just the first step. It took years for Minecraft on PC to get where it is today, and you do not expect it to take as long to get it on console? They have to switch all the code for a separate device. And it has amazingPersonally, I believe that this version of Minecraft is astonishing! Sure, you cannot have EVERYTHING that is on the PC version on this console version, but this is just the first step. It took years for Minecraft on PC to get where it is today, and you do not expect it to take as long to get it on console? They have to switch all the code for a separate device. And it has amazing resolution, and has split-screen! Of course it is not endless, that would be devastating to the console and would be difficult to accomplish, if not impossible, with the smooth gameplay it has on the console. And the best part is it has that nostalgic feel when there's no food bar or EXP bar, or anything else that just spams your game; its like playing the original! Expand
  18. Aug 2, 2012
    This game is amazing!When I write these reviews I try to look at what is bad about the game compared to what is good about the game.But after investing hours into this game I couldn't really find any flaws.The game consists of players being dropped into a block world and searching for elements to make tools and build whatever your mind wants.If you have the time and materials you can buildThis game is amazing!When I write these reviews I try to look at what is bad about the game compared to what is good about the game.But after investing hours into this game I couldn't really find any flaws.The game consists of players being dropped into a block world and searching for elements to make tools and build whatever your mind wants.If you have the time and materials you can build amazing works of art in hours!Some people give this game a bad rating only due to the fact that it is a port of the PC version of mine-craft.The game is regularly being updated and will one day be on par with the PC version!The game can be played with up to 14 friends on XBOX Live and also 4 player split screen!I was so into this game that I got it the morning it came out and started playing til the next morning and didn't even realize it!I was so engulfed in the game that time flew by as I was playing.This is an awesome game but there is one thing I dislike about it!DLC!It seems that there is one paid skin pack that is about 2 dollars.It includes about 40+ skins but these same skins are free on PC!Why not make them fee on Xbox.I guess it isn't too big and doesn't take away that this is a must buy on xbox! Expand
  19. Sep 19, 2012
    I played Minecraft a lot on the PC. The game is brilliant and extremely addictive. Here on the Xbox 360, although it isn't the very latest version of the game and there are a few features missing, I can relax in front of the TV, controller in hand, and either play it online with friends or in split-screen with the kids. Using the Xbox controller and having 4 player split-screen meansI played Minecraft a lot on the PC. The game is brilliant and extremely addictive. Here on the Xbox 360, although it isn't the very latest version of the game and there are a few features missing, I can relax in front of the TV, controller in hand, and either play it online with friends or in split-screen with the kids. Using the Xbox controller and having 4 player split-screen means Minecraft isn't just there for my own amusement on the PC anymore, it's also become one of the most fun games within the family. The kids love it, the controls are simple enough, and whether they're busy building stuff or avoiding monsters they're having a lot of fun with this. Expand
  20. Jan 6, 2014
    What is there to say about Minecraft that hasn't already been said. It's one of the most addicting, innovative, original games of all time. No game out there lets you express your creativity and imagination like Minecraft does. Think of Minecraft as the hardcore version of Legos.
  21. Oct 29, 2012
    Although the maps are smaller and the game is not yet up to date with the newest versions on the PC it still is really good. Having a splitscreen mode makes it even better; transforming a single player expereince (with online servers your still alone) to a 'social' game where you can talk in real life and really cooperate/battle in a much funner way! It's kind of hard to explain, butAlthough the maps are smaller and the game is not yet up to date with the newest versions on the PC it still is really good. Having a splitscreen mode makes it even better; transforming a single player expereince (with online servers your still alone) to a 'social' game where you can talk in real life and really cooperate/battle in a much funner way! It's kind of hard to explain, but splitscreen is just really, really, really, really awesome! Of course there are some bugs and other annoying things but you should just see this (espacially now, after the 1.8 update) as a really cool version of minecraft that is sometimes even more fun than the version on the PC. Expand
  22. May 17, 2013
    Since the 1.9 update was release on XBLA there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best XBLA games money can buy. Since I left my childhood I've always had a secret longing to play with blocks again, and Minecraft is the perfect excuse to do so. While the XBLA version will never be on the same level as the PC version in terms of game updates, it still has everything required toSince the 1.9 update was release on XBLA there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best XBLA games money can buy. Since I left my childhood I've always had a secret longing to play with blocks again, and Minecraft is the perfect excuse to do so. While the XBLA version will never be on the same level as the PC version in terms of game updates, it still has everything required to make this a worthwhile investment of your hard-earned Microsoft points. Expand
  23. Apr 5, 2013
    Imagine a world where you can create anything. You can create your own city, replica, or the house of your dreams. That's minecraft, a big build it yourself game, and also an adventure game! You can play 4 split-screen multiplayer or go online with your buddies to up to 8 players in a same game.

Sure its not the same as the minecraft from pc. It those not have Texture Packs, Mods, dedicated servers, nor it has the updates that you could find on the pc version, but still it is a great game to have on your Xbox an have a good time with your buddies.

Those that haven't played minecraft on pc, and can't play it, go give it a try! Believe me its worth your Microsoft points if you have someone to play it in coop.
  24. Dec 20, 2012
    I have not been so completely engrossed in a simple game like this in a while! Such a simple premise, yet so engaging to the imagination. I have resisted the urge to use creative mode as much as I can because I like the sense of accomplishment of building something incredibly huge with materials I collected myself.
  25. Mar 18, 2013
    All I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting ifAll I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting if you have nothing to do. Expand
  26. Mar 20, 2013
    I was a fan of the minecraft on the PC ever since the alpha version came out, it was one of those games that praised creativity and captured the imaginations of a community, it quickly spread as one of the best PC open sandbox games so naturally when it was announced for the XBOX 360 my friends and I were on board from the start.

Day one I downloaded it and made a map (I still have the

Day one I downloaded it and made a map (I still have the map!) and every once in a while they release an update for the game which drives us back to minecraft in hopes our favorite things from the PC version made it into the XBOX version but many times have been disappointed.

If you can't run the PC version without lag pick this one up, it's essentially the same thing.
  27. Apr 27, 2013
    My favourite edition of Minecraft with excellent crafting better graphics and amazing split-screen and with lots of features and now with spawn eggs and The End and all the leaderboards, achievements and HD graphics and excellent controls and well worth the 1600 MSP the best XBLA game
  28. Apr 12, 2013
    Comparing this to the PC version is unfair it is a secondary edition. So the game is good and while their are no mods or texture packs the game still is really fun. In short if you prefer Xbox to PC this is a must buy!
  29. ERB
    Oct 12, 2013
    This game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you haveThis game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you have fun].Okay one final question why is this game underrated and why are some critics and users putting a low score in this game.This game is good.Yet some users and critics are hating this game.Screw them.Okay guys that is all what I have to say.This game is good and you must try playing this game.It is really worth it.Have fun playing this game. Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]