3.5

1. Mar 6, 2013
    There's no excuse for this series to continue on. My skepticism was high when the company refused to release a features list and trailer until a week before launch. After playing the product, I now see why. This game is rubbish! It has graphics straight out of the Playstation 2, players look like a blank template of different skin tone. The game hasn't improved on anything it did lastThere's no excuse for this series to continue on. My skepticism was high when the company refused to release a features list and trailer until a week before launch. After playing the product, I now see why. This game is rubbish! It has graphics straight out of the Playstation 2, players look like a blank template of different skin tone. The game hasn't improved on anything it did last season, except the removal of online leagues. The gameplay is as buggy as ever and there's no redeeming quality. It's a shame 360 owners are left with this sad excuse of a baseball game. Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is total garbage. Almost no changes from 2k12. My player mode is the same. My team is the same. It is just complete and utter garbage. I could tell from the opening sound bite that the game was no different than 2k12. I was really pumped for this game to come out but was disappointed when I saw that nothing was different. I swear that the graphics got even worse. I enjoyedThis game is total garbage. Almost no changes from 2k12. My player mode is the same. My team is the same. It is just complete and utter garbage. I could tell from the opening sound bite that the game was no different than 2k12. I was really pumped for this game to come out but was disappointed when I saw that nothing was different. I swear that the graphics got even worse. I enjoyed previous 2k sports baseball games because they were different from years past. 2k needs to step it up and start making better games or they are gonna fall of the video game market. I do not recommend buying this game. It is absolutely no different than 2k12. I returned the game within the first hour that i purchased it. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2013
    Greetings sports fans the season is upon us and unfortunately the grass may be "greener on the otherside." For all of you diamond lovers who are tethered to the Xbox console prepare yourself for a let down. Not only is this years MLB 2k baseball game a simple rehash of last years the failing company even went as far as to all out pull the most popular feature...its online league play.Greetings sports fans the season is upon us and unfortunately the grass may be "greener on the otherside." For all of you diamond lovers who are tethered to the Xbox console prepare yourself for a let down. Not only is this years MLB 2k baseball game a simple rehash of last years the failing company even went as far as to all out pull the most popular feature...its online league play. Now as a die hard MLB 2k supporter every year I defend my beloved franchise against all the haters and PS3 rabble rousers that claim that MLB The show is better. Time and time again I continue to point out the obvious reasons for my continued patronage...but alas 2k you have crossed the line. Limiting players to meaningless ranked matches is a sure fire way to ruin what's left of your already failing reputation. In closing the game plays well enough with only minor cosmetic glitches but is no where near the 60 usd price tag that the game retailed at. Also due to a lack of online leagues the game is actually LESS than the previous years iteration. Buyer beware... Expand
  4. Apr 10, 2013
    What a waste of money! As every 2k fan knows, 2k does not do good with baseball. To be frank, if you have Mlb 11 and Mlb 12 don't buy '13! It is a replica to the past games.
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is complete GARBAGE. The visuals, gameplay, presentation, and everything else are exactly the same as games past. 2k really needs to get out of the baseball business now to save money and their reputation. The announcing is still good, but everything else sucks. The worst pro sports game on the market. Do not buy!
  6. Apr 2, 2013
    Do not buy! This is an exact clone of last years game! Anyone who says something good about this game must be a developer. Half the bench players are fake names, the gameplay is terrible (just like 2k11), and I have yet to find anything new that made this game worth buying other than roster updates. Regret wasting my money!
  7. Mar 13, 2013
    I can't really point out the game's flaws better than many others have here so I'll just leave you with this: It's as if 2K has forgotten that you're supposed to offer something better than before, even if only slightly, with a "new" product. Sure, EA Sports have their ups and downs all the time but MLB2K has been trending downward for the last half decade. For the last 5 years, MLB2K hasI can't really point out the game's flaws better than many others have here so I'll just leave you with this: It's as if 2K has forgotten that you're supposed to offer something better than before, even if only slightly, with a "new" product. Sure, EA Sports have their ups and downs all the time but MLB2K has been trending downward for the last half decade. For the last 5 years, MLB2K has gotten progressively WORSE. Although it's the only MLB license on the Xbox, perhaps it's time for MLB Properties to pull the license away from 2K. It's clear 2K no longer cares. Expand
  8. Aug 2, 2013
    MLB 2k13 is an absolutely terrible game. It's been the exact same thing since 2008: same gameplay, similar features, same terrible graphics, and the same soft rock track that makes you want to go insane. You'd think that MLB 2k13 would be similar to NBA 2k13 quality wise, but it isn't even close.

Also, I can't stand how basically all of the players in the MLB today mode are wearing the hat of their former team. They have JP Arancibia in the old Blue Jays cap from three years ago! Just 2k not putting any effort in their game.

Lastly, don't even bother with the "my player" mode. It sucks. I played 75 games in Double A ball and hit something like .379/9HR/77RBI, but was one HR away from getting called up to the bigs when the season ended, so I had to play another 65 games in triple A to finally get called up. Also, you play in the same two stadiums the whole time in the minors. You also have to sit on the base paths for such a long time while the count runs full and the batter fouls off five pitches until he strikes out. I try to get out when I'm on base because I refuse to waste ten minutes of my watching a minor leaguer take 15 pitches in a video game. Also, if you start off being a power hitter like I did, you are pretty much the slowest player in baseball. I got thrown out from RF a couple of times. Just so unrealistic and an absolutely terrible game. It's purely a disgrace to the 2k brand.

Oh yeah, unlike in NBA 2k13 where there's a new roster update almost every day, in MLB 2k13, there's one like every twenty days. Were three days past the trade deadline and I still have Jose Iglesias on the Red Sox!

Anyway, this is absolutely the worst sports game ever created, I wouldn't buy it for three bucks, and I would give it a negative 10 if I could. It's an absolute disgrace to the 2k brand and major league baseball.
  9. Oct 18, 2013
    You can play basic baseball pretty much. There isn't anything worthwhile as it is exactly the same game as the year before. If you don't have a Sony gaming system, this is alright if you can't actually play the real thing. I'd rather play wii sports baseball than this though. It's awful

1. Mar 28, 2013
    MLB 2K13 is one of the most embarrassing whiffs I’ve seen. Whether I was playing CPU or human opponents, games frequently hinged on something that shouldn’t have happened on the diamond. Only play it if you have a YouTube account dedicated to archiving video game glitches.
  2. Mar 25, 2013
    The hard truth of the matter is that there is a rival game out there that schools 2K13 on every conceivable level. MLB 2K13, by comparison, is an embarrassing use of the MLB license, feeling more like a half-assed attempt to rake in a few bucks off fans who haven't read reviews than any real attempt to make a fun baseball game.
    From the initial menu screen, it’s clear that little has changed over the course of a year beyond pasting in David Price as the cover star. The interface is essentially identical, the play modes are unchanged in execution, and the on-field action is precisely where it was last season. Even the Achievements are carbon-copied.