3.5

1. Mar 5, 2013
    MLB2K13 is Awesome baseball game. I have been playing this game all morning and the gameplay/graphics are great especially the pitching. Career mode gets a huge boost thanks to more realistic expectations and progression. It's still a solid performer If your a baseball fan you grab MLB2K13 it awesome!
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    This game a great example of good developers with a bad publisher. If this team got the support The Show did they would blow them out of the water. They are doing what they do on the engine they have for the original Xbox and make it look great. I can't wait to see next year when the new engine is done on next gen. This game is more realistic then The Show which is why I prefer it and theyThis game a great example of good developers with a bad publisher. If this team got the support The Show did they would blow them out of the water. They are doing what they do on the engine they have for the original Xbox and make it look great. I can't wait to see next year when the new engine is done on next gen. This game is more realistic then The Show which is why I prefer it and they made great changes to My Player. This game is truly an eight and a half but I'm giving it a ten because of the scum from The Show that will down this game. Expand
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    I'm going to rate this a 10 because most people are going to hate on this game. It looks and plays like 2k did a lot of work under the hood on this game. I have played over a handful of games and haven't been disappointed yet. I own MLB 13 The Show and am enjoying 2k more.
  4. Mar 14, 2013
    Is this a perfect game? No (and perhaps ironically so, given the game's marketing campaign). Is it the same game as last year? Honestly, I didn't play 2K12 so I couldn't tell you. What I can say is that it captures the pitcher-batter battle amazingly well and provides a satisfying experience that will surely give me 100+ hours of gameplay, as most baseball games have before it. TheIs this a perfect game? No (and perhaps ironically so, given the game's marketing campaign). Is it the same game as last year? Honestly, I didn't play 2K12 so I couldn't tell you. What I can say is that it captures the pitcher-batter battle amazingly well and provides a satisfying experience that will surely give me 100+ hours of gameplay, as most baseball games have before it. The commentary is top-notch, the statistical presentation is a baseball junkie's dream, and for all the glitch-clips and complaints that I see posted across the web, I have only encountered one and it had little to no effect on the gameplay experience. I'm not the type to whine and complain about a baseball videogame being "nothing more than a roster update" from the year before. When I watch real MLB, I know my Cubs will have a roster update but it will be the same game as last year no World Series win, and another year of disappointment.

All joking aside, if you're looking for a game that can give you a solid return on investment in terms of gameplay time, you could do far worse. 10 games into my franchise Spring Training, and 31 games into My Player mode, I've already felt that my $60 will be justified. Sure some of the player models aren't the prettiest, but for those of us who grew up on Atari and Intellivision, we can look past that into the quality elements of the gameplay which matter most. And 2K consistently delivers the best pitching system that I have played in years of gaming on the digital diamond.
  5. Apr 1, 2013
    I may be the only person alive who actually prefers the 2K series over the Show. Why is the easy answer. I like to fiddle with my minor league system and make a bunch of fake players. I pick a crappy team and rebuild it. This is I took the Royals. I have half fake guys and half real players. When I sign a vet I like to know his past stats. ALL OF THEM. Thats what 2K gives you. SabermetricsI may be the only person alive who actually prefers the 2K series over the Show. Why is the easy answer. I like to fiddle with my minor league system and make a bunch of fake players. I pick a crappy team and rebuild it. This is I took the Royals. I have half fake guys and half real players. When I sign a vet I like to know his past stats. ALL OF THEM. Thats what 2K gives you. Sabermetrics also to boot. The stat feature on the 2K series is bar none 1,000 times better than the Show which I played and returned. No the graphics arent great but they do well as I grew up on Nintendo and Atari. I feel 2K can get alot better but im happy with it as I will play easily over 400 games this year as I have in the past. I like no I love the stats sections and controlling the minors. When I played the Show last year Brett Lawrie was a FA after 1 season. MLB rules makes you a FA I believe only after 6 years. To keep Lawrie I had to sign him to a 100 million$ contract. I couldn't even afford to field a single A squad. Graphically 2k sucks compared the The Show but realistically? 2K reigns supreme. Its way more realistic the The Show. However with that being said, its not different than 2K12. But if your hardcore like me id buy it. The player updates are worth 60 bucks. Expand

1. Mar 28, 2013
    MLB 2K13 is one of the most embarrassing whiffs I’ve seen. Whether I was playing CPU or human opponents, games frequently hinged on something that shouldn’t have happened on the diamond. Only play it if you have a YouTube account dedicated to archiving video game glitches.
  2. Mar 25, 2013
    The hard truth of the matter is that there is a rival game out there that schools 2K13 on every conceivable level. MLB 2K13, by comparison, is an embarrassing use of the MLB license, feeling more like a half-assed attempt to rake in a few bucks off fans who haven't read reviews than any real attempt to make a fun baseball game.
    From the initial menu screen, it’s clear that little has changed over the course of a year beyond pasting in David Price as the cover star. The interface is essentially identical, the play modes are unchanged in execution, and the on-field action is precisely where it was last season. Even the Achievements are carbon-copied.