• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Jun 29, 2010
6.5

1. Aug 13, 2010
    WOW! Not even one-BILLION troops could save this travesty. Poor production values and a generic storyline make this boring hack & slash meaningless. I would suggest Ninja Gaiden 2 or Devil May Cry 4 for REAL action-adventure gameplay.
  2. Oct 6, 2010
    This game is worth every penny. It has it's own style (like Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors and so on) and maybe that's why some gamers hate it... but in the end, why would anyone waste time playing a genre he/she hates ? I don't understand why ppl are giving it scores like 20/100 for a game style they hate ? It's actually very well made, it has some rare moments, some memorable ones... and yes, it has some hard ones ! Specially boss fights are really hard. But in the end, wouldn't they suppose to die hard ? :)

For me the sequel is 10 times better than the first one... and i can hardly wait for the third one !
  3. Aug 27, 2010
    I liked the first N3, and I am a fan of the Koei games of the same style, but this game was awful. All the things I like about the Koei games, the responsiveness of the controls, the close up feel, the ease of movement, the partially non-linear play, the tactics, all of these things are gone. In its place, the developer put in more enemies. The genre needs innovation and creativity (Bladestorm, for example, took everything good about the basic hack and slash and gave it a positive overhaul.) Adding more enemies but making them useless is, well, useless. They could have put wooden poles up and the poles would have been more interesting to fight. 1/10, and that's being generous. Expand
  4. May 26, 2011
    I rented this for five days, and honestly I hope to be done with it today (it's day two). To be fair, I've been re-treading through the Mass Effect series in preparation for the new one coming out, and I picked this up on a whim for simple simple no brains button mashing fun.
    This is the type of game you would throw a few quarters into, but not seriously want to own. I would akin this
    game to gauntlet from back in the 80's. Tons of enemies, you beat them and move forward. The story, much like gauntlet, doesn't matter at all. You have few purposes: beat everything, kill a statue, beat more things, look at busty elves, and beat more stuff.
    Dynasty Warriors fans might dig it, but I wouldn't go much past that. We've grown more sophisticated in our gaming over the years. This is a good thing.
    Not as god awful as everyone is saying...but certainly not much better, and I'm being positive!
    Not too bad for a one day rent, or as the free game you get on a "Rent one get one free." Escapism is fun, but you have to come back to reality eventually. The reality is if you get bored by stage 2, you are in for one long dull ride.
  5. May 30, 2013
    I fail to understand why this game is hated by so many. Sure, there were very frustrating boss fights and parts of the game in general, but I thought this was a MUCH better improvement over N31. Better combat and it just felt a lot better to play with the smooth controls. Enjoyed it a lot, and would recommend checking it out before you decide if it's a good or bad game.
  6. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is only for people that enjoy the genre. That about sums it up. If you hate these kinds of games, you won't like it. If you do, you'll either think it's average or love it. I must say that I'm with the latter, as I really enjoyed this game! It has it's instant flaws like no local co-op and 5 characters that aren't very different by moveset. However, the levels are HUGE and really fun to play through. There are tons of cool skills to unlock which can mix up the mashing of X and Y. Unlike the first N3 which I don't like, the characters are actually interesting and have some solid voice actors like Troy Baker and Steve Blum. The lip syncing is way better then N3, except in some areas where it can get rather off. The game also looks pretty good, awesome and varied environments and excellent combat animations with cool enemy design. The boss battles are a major complaint from lots of people, personally, I think there awesome! They're large and cool, and the battles themselves are really fun and challenging. Expand

1. Jan 7, 2011
    Too many enemies, too few ideas. Bad checkpoints and boredome waste an otherwise good potential.
    It's somewhat understandable that the sequel struggles to find new directions to take the game in, but failing to live up to the original? That's a real crime. [Issue#65, p.93]
  3. All in all, this game has many glaring flaws, but it does a great job at when comes to the main task of "maim and destroy".