4.1

1. Apr 17, 2011
    NASCAR The Game 2011 has its moments, but overall rarely delivers a fun or authentic NASCAR racing experience. --- The single player 'Career' mode is more accurately a season mode. You race through the 2010 Sprint Cup season against a field made up of most of the 2010 regular Cup teams and some high profile Nationwide and Truck Series drivers. Aside from unlocking alternate paint schemes, there is no progression element in the game. You begin with a top quality Sprint Cup team and do not upgrade your car or progress to a better team. A series of short 'Invitational' events also become available as you advance through the season which highlight some of the features of the game. A practice mode lets you work on the setup of your car to find some speed when the default setup doesn't suit you. --- I experienced a lot of frustration trying to find a combination of difficulty settings that made the single player game consistently enjoyable for me. There are a number of driver assist settings to experiment with although even with all of these turned off the car was rarely challenging to control. AI skill level is more of a problem. On most settings, I usually pull away to a 3 second lead within a few laps at which point a rubber band effect kicks in keeping the AI in formation behind me, too far back to apply any pressure but also out of reach of being lapped except during pit stops. It is only at the highest AI skill level that opponents behave in a believable way. The precision and consistency required at this level are more frustrating than fun for me, although I expect that some would enjoy it. Configuring a race to include pit stops can make it more interesting, but also exposes more AI problems and deviations from the NASCAR rulebook. --- Of course, online multiplayer doesn't suffer from these AI issues and can be an incentive to hone your driving skills. However, I experienced a lot of technical problems with online sessions if they had more than about half of the advertised 16 player limit. --- Posts on the developer's forum indicate they plan to release a patch to fix a number of the problems with the game. If the can deliver these fixes, NASCAR The Game 2011 may have something to offer serious fans of NASCAR and racing games. Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    This is the worst NASCAR game I have ever played. Glitches are insane and there is no true career mode. It also happens to be one of the easiest because of some of the worst AI I have ever seen in a racing game. I really hope there is not a NASCAR the Game 2012.
  3. Nov 22, 2011
    This game had so much potential but fell flat on it's face. I had so much hope for it I bought it on release day and was disappointed with it after one race. The game had so many bugs and online wasn't playable. You couldn't race in a full room on Xbox Live without it messing up somehow. So after about 4 months of waiting for a patch to come out it finally did. It managed to fix some bugs but caused other issues. Online was still broken and you still couldn't run more then 8 in a room without it messing up. To say the least I was very disappointed.

One thing that doesn't let me down is the developers dedication to the fans. They interact with them via Twitter and the companies forums. They are willing to take user feedback and apply it. They also listen to our concerns and will be releasing a 3rd patch shortly. But it won't be able to bring my trust back to Eutechnyx. I am hoping they will be able to improve on there 2nd NASCAR game.

1. Aug 1, 2011
    NASCAR 2011: The Game feels like a slapdash effort, a rough draft of a game dressed up with a fancy cinematic and some licensed music and sent out to make a quick buck off the fans.
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    Graphically, this game isn't as crisp as the EA titles, though I would say Activision did well to represent all possible sponsors to give this a better sense of realism and the game does have a lot to work with for future years.
    New developers bring new impulse. NASCAR comes to life with nice graphics and a range of game modes – and few errors. Even so it is a must-have for all the long year fans.