6.9

1. Oct 29, 2012
    Most of the game is fantastic. Even with its hiccups, this is a game that is hard not to give a blanket recommendation to because as far as NBA games go, this is still the king of the virtual court.
  2. moknn
    Sep 9, 2008
    Not a huge fan of nba games except for nba jam. This one was way better then nba live, graphics and gameplay wise. Graphics wise i could tell who's who clearly without name plates, nba live is blurred, even the nba live 09 version. Gameplay with the shooting stick is more fun, nba live 09 still doesn't have a shooting stick. I liked the pre game warmup tho.
  3. bernardmorales
    Mar 15, 2008
    This game is pathetic....as avid of a fan i have been for 2K8 since Allen Iverson was on the cover, this game is so unrealistic as it can get....Yes the graphics are great.....but the actually in game is HORRIBLE.......how do you miss lay up after lay up with KOBE BRYANT????.....how does the offense make EVERY rebound and put back???? How do you update the roster on XBOX live only ONCE soThis game is pathetic....as avid of a fan i have been for 2K8 since Allen Iverson was on the cover, this game is so unrealistic as it can get....Yes the graphics are great.....but the actually in game is HORRIBLE.......how do you miss lay up after lay up with KOBE BRYANT????.....how does the offense make EVERY rebound and put back???? How do you update the roster on XBOX live only ONCE so far this season and its already MARCH??? all i know is, 2K8 has lost a loyal customer...........IMPROVE NBA 2K8!!!!........ Expand
  4. KenPoon
    Feb 17, 2008
    THIS IS A VERY FRUSTRATING GAME TO PLAY!! - there is a second lag for all moves you make - the computer AI is stupid, runs away from defensive assignments - their attempt to be realistic takes away from the game play. - 2k6, 2k7 were much better versions, they should just go back to the past
  5. KeithL.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Nice upgrade from last year's edition. This game really captures the NBA experience and plays much better. For new comers, start on the "ROOKIE" level until you get more familiar with the game.
  6. Marc.D.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Let me just clear this up right off the bat...NBA Live is irrelevant at this point and any discussions of the 2 leading hoops game franchises is an inane waste of time. 2K8 is the only true option for hoops fans. That said, the latest entry in the series is largely an improvement in all areas. From its animations, to it's gameplay...2K8 continues to deliver the most detailed Let me just clear this up right off the bat...NBA Live is irrelevant at this point and any discussions of the 2 leading hoops game franchises is an inane waste of time. 2K8 is the only true option for hoops fans. That said, the latest entry in the series is largely an improvement in all areas. From its animations, to it's gameplay...2K8 continues to deliver the most detailed representation of basketball on the market. However, lingering issues remain. The revamped isomotion is the chief problem in 2K8. With all isomotion moves mapped to the left analog stick...the controls can get a little messy at times. Shooting percentages are still ridiculously low (though they can be fixed through tweaking the game sliders). Missed layups and soft scoop shots instead of strong 2-handed dunks are still way too frequent. A final issue is the faces...which serve to mar the beauty of the new signature animations. Overall, the game has it's flaws...but remains the top hoops game on the merits of its solid gameplay and fantastic attention to detail. Expand
  7. ChrisC.
    Nov 2, 2007
    I think that the 2K series is one of the best basketball simulations of all time. The graphics are very well defined to the players natural look. Playing this game is like having a spell on every player in the NBA, because you get to run the show in this game, it's like watching a real game on tv. NBA 2K8 is an all-around great basketball game when it comes to player likenesses and I think that the 2K series is one of the best basketball simulations of all time. The graphics are very well defined to the players natural look. Playing this game is like having a spell on every player in the NBA, because you get to run the show in this game, it's like watching a real game on tv. NBA 2K8 is an all-around great basketball game when it comes to player likenesses and life-like gameplay. This game definitely emphasizes the "Next-Gen" terminology of the "Next-Gen" systems. If you want a game that you feel the power as you play and the intensity of the game, than your search for an excellent "Next-Gen" basketball simulation game end here. Expand
  8. BlueFalcon
    Oct 26, 2007
    If you compare all sports games on the 360, NBA 2k8 is perhaps the most advanced of all of them (advanced meaning the most next gen-like). It has the most realistic game atmosphere, graphics and animation out of any sports game. The gameplay is also the best true-to-life sim out of any sports game I've come across. It's a great game.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Possibly the most frustrating game I have ever played, 2k tried to make the game to real. Why is it a trick to shooting period, foul shots, jump shots, lay ups, you name it they got it. Lay ups and foul shots are basically a gimme on the NBA level, wide open jump shots for most pros are made. But not in 2k8, the game play is horrible for the simple fact that were playing NBA 2K8 not AAU Possibly the most frustrating game I have ever played, 2k tried to make the game to real. Why is it a trick to shooting period, foul shots, jump shots, lay ups, you name it they got it. Lay ups and foul shots are basically a gimme on the NBA level, wide open jump shots for most pros are made. But not in 2k8, the game play is horrible for the simple fact that were playing NBA 2K8 not AAU 2K8. Ray Allen is one of the best 3 point shooters ever to play the game, but you Expand
  10. MikeM.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Poor effort all around, in my opinion. I was particularly not fond of their dynasty mode. There was too much flash and not enough effort spent on team pride. Very poorly produced.
  11. Karl
    Oct 6, 2007
    I think 2k8 is one of the best.....well the only best basketball game (since live doesn't seem to be doing it anymore) because it feel and play like a real basketball game, like you can't just pull up shoot the ball dropping points now you have to actually try to get open, and when to release your shots. over all its a great game a few minor clitches but still a great game. 2k baby!!!
  12. Dave
    Oct 5, 2007
    Best basketball game ever, most fun I've had in years. A must have.
  13. RobertM.
    Oct 4, 2007
    NBA 2K8 is still the top basketball game out there. Lots of improvements from 2K7 like graphics, ball handling, play designs, and really good online options. The AI has definately improved and without some set plays it'll draw charges, make steals and run up the score! I know! What the hell? Hahaha - get your game on!
  14. DC
    Oct 4, 2007
    Best simulated basketball game ever, I
  15. PottsieW.
    Oct 3, 2007
    I was a loyal 2k follower. This game changed my mind. Choppy HD video is not acceptable. They have so much going on in the crowd that the framerate is compromised. Can I get a video card upgrade for my 360 VC? Even the freethrow sequences are choppy in HD. Some of the signature move sequences remind me of NBA Live, because they execute whenever. When you pause the game, though, it looks I was a loyal 2k follower. This game changed my mind. Choppy HD video is not acceptable. They have so much going on in the crowd that the framerate is compromised. Can I get a video card upgrade for my 360 VC? Even the freethrow sequences are choppy in HD. Some of the signature move sequences remind me of NBA Live, because they execute whenever. When you pause the game, though, it looks incredibly realistic. The physics (stop/start) are more realistic than last year. My SD friends say it's great in SD. My PS3 SD friends say the video is a little choppy even in SD. Maybe I need to break out the old SD TV, because I don't know what the hype's about. Expand
  16. bigsmoove
    Oct 1, 2007
    Great game. everything you loved about 2k7 just tightened up a bit with the gameplay. nothing arcady about this game, so if you like spiinning thru the lane with the point guards all day, go get live. strait up sim and you gotta run your plays to score or else you will get slaughtered.
  17. Oct 29, 2012

1. While NBA 2K8 may have some kinks to work out in its post game, it’s still the best basketball sim on the market.
    It's certainly the best basketball game on any system this year. The Association is a solid franchise mode and, if VC can iron out its AI and gameplay issues, next year's model could be something very special.
  3. Despite a few nagging issues, NBA 2K8 is a fantastic basketball game packed to the brim with features and game modes.