6.6

1. Jul 17, 2011
    This game suffers from some serious lag time issues and game freezes if you try to play it straight from the disc. Instead you need to download it to the Xbox hard drive or else you'll have a frustrating experience like I did for four days of my initial playing. Probably the biggest ananthema against this game is the five minute quarters that you are stuck with and not allowing you toThis game suffers from some serious lag time issues and game freezes if you try to play it straight from the disc. Instead you need to download it to the Xbox hard drive or else you'll have a frustrating experience like I did for four days of my initial playing. Probably the biggest ananthema against this game is the five minute quarters that you are stuck with and not allowing you to adjust the quarter length. Overall, the game is the best looking football game I've ever seen, they've added some things to make it more interesting (expanding high school options and season) or boring (hello Coach's Simulator), and they've taken away some things to make it a better (no more 'what play was the defense in when you threw that interception', should I go to the library or the gym?) or less of a game experience (no more Corso, no more weekly team or NCAA articles during the season, no more Legend's shrine with the collected trophies behind glass and all your highlights playing on a big screen TV, no more easily accessible replays)....but the beauty of the graphics doesn't make up for less of a football experience for me to recommend it at all. I wish I didn't trade in my '09 for this one Expand
  2. Jul 12, 2011
    NCAA Football 2012 Most aspects of the game are the same as last years. Which isn't a bad thing at all. The things that separate this years installation of the game last years predecessor are little things but these little things are so so sweet! First I'll start off with the graphic!
    They are a tick better than last yrs. 3d grass, the ball carrier will kick up grass as hes running. The lighting is a little better this year. The controls feel good. your blockers block, they don't just stand there they will go and hit someone! 2 of the little things I talked about was during my exhibition game Florida vs Florida state. It was a crucial 3 and long my Hb broke it for a 32 yrd run after he got tackled by our side line the players where cheering him for picking up the 1st and he sat up and pointed at them. that along with on a goal line stance I was getting ready to pound it into the end zone with my HB from 6 yards out I got in but not at the expense of the Umpire getting bumped and knocked over by FSU LB. These animations are only a few that I have seen so far! The game play feels right this yr. the presentation is almost like watching a game on sat!
    RTG is deeper with playing your whole Sr yr of high school and depending on how well you do during the games you will be noticed by different teams. The better you do the more prestigious of a school will be interested in you. they chose you based on how you play on both sides of the ball! 3 school might want you as QB but 3 others might want you for LB. just depends. which one you enjoy playing more and how bad do you want to go to your dream school? The coaching part is cool as well I started out as an OC I was only active of course on the offensive side of the ball. When you pick a play and the team executes it to perfection there is no greater feeling for an arm chair QB!. I can't comment on the dynasty mode but So far this game is better than last years props to EA for the tweaks they did give it I cant give it a 9.4 so I'' just round to a 9!!! have fun football season is upon us!
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    This game basically didn't change at all from last years game. The graphics do no look like they changed at all. Seriously I saw no change. The only significant change I found was in the Road to Glory mode with the Coach's Trust. That is cool because it makes you prove you can play the game without changing things every time you get a play or route you don't like. Now I may have startedThis game basically didn't change at all from last years game. The graphics do no look like they changed at all. Seriously I saw no change. The only significant change I found was in the Road to Glory mode with the Coach's Trust. That is cool because it makes you prove you can play the game without changing things every time you get a play or route you don't like. Now I may have started out by saying that nothing much has changed from last year's game but since last year's game was **** awesome, I'd say that not changing what was pretty much perfect is a good thing. Keep it up EA. Expand
  4. Jul 15, 2011
    You dare me to say it......This just might be the BEST NCAA Football game EA has done in YEARS. I know that's a bold statement, but its true. I haven't had this much fun with a football game since I started playing the NCAA Football Franchise in 2009. This game brings a lot to the table and shows the football gamer that this is not Madden's test dummy, that this game can do things betterYou dare me to say it......This just might be the BEST NCAA Football game EA has done in YEARS. I know that's a bold statement, but its true. I haven't had this much fun with a football game since I started playing the NCAA Football Franchise in 2009. This game brings a lot to the table and shows the football gamer that this is not Madden's test dummy, that this game can do things better than Madden. I know it's not a competition between the two games, but NCAA Football 12 has shown that the college football series has grown legs of its own and shed its former title. NCAA Football 12 is a MUST GET and will NOT disappoint you when you pick it up and play it. You have a lot to do in this game and will find the revamped Dynasty and Road To Glory Modes a hit. Go out, Buy This Game, and beat the holy crap out of your opponents! We give this game a 9 out of 10! Expand
  5. Aug 25, 2011
    Best NCAA on Xbox 360 to date. I like the additions that were added to Road to Glory mode as far as being able to improve your player. I also like the enhancements to Dynasty Mode like being able to choose whether or not you want to be a Defensive or Offensive Coordinator and only control that side of the ball and work your way into a promotion, or simply be a head coach and control bothBest NCAA on Xbox 360 to date. I like the additions that were added to Road to Glory mode as far as being able to improve your player. I also like the enhancements to Dynasty Mode like being able to choose whether or not you want to be a Defensive or Offensive Coordinator and only control that side of the ball and work your way into a promotion, or simply be a head coach and control both sides of the ball. Very good game overall. Expand
  6. Jul 19, 2011
    General*
    Pros-
    Not much has changed to the general game play from 11, which works well. Small graphic improvements such as 3D grass and improved lighting No more 'sliding' into place for tackles and catches Make your own offensive and defensive playbooks Cons- Pass game can be challenging- Improved pass rush and zone can really handcuff an offense to newcomers Graphic lags Defense on pass-
    General*
    Pros-
    Not much has changed to the general game play from 11, which works well.
    Small graphic improvements such as 3D grass and improved lighting
    No more 'sliding' into place for tackles and catches
    Make your own offensive and defensive playbooks
    Graphic lags
    Defense on pass- Linebackers constantly knocking down passes over the middle, constant interceptions, DBs playing man on deep routes will come off as soon as pass is initiated to cover and underneath route you pas to.
    Defense will know if you're in a wildcat formation
    Lee Corso is gone
    Dynasty*
    Pros-
    The new coaches carousel gives dynasty a deeper feeling and makes your actions as a coach more meaningful.
    You can change conferences every off season and change automatic BCS bids
    Long loading screens
    Road to Glory*
    Pros-
    Full High School Season (starting as a senior)
    Lots of miniscule tasks are gone
    'Ironman"- Play on both offense and defense in HS
    How well you play directly impacts your stats in college- NOT just winning games
    Cons-
    Defense is hard to collect points in- Tackles are few in some positions and you get no points for things such as breaking up passes or QB hurries

Overall a great game and for me a big step over 11. Bottom line is this the best NCAA to date.
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    This is a fun game which is rehashed year after year. You keep expecting to see major improvements in graphics etc, but you dont. Cons:The release version of this game was very buggy, which is completely unacceptable. Linebackers jump unrealistically in the air to knock passes down. You still get ran down occasionally by slower players. It locks up randomly.

Pros: Creating your own

Pros: Creating your own dynasty is always fun and the recruiting is pretty good. The road to glory can be fun.

Overall its a fun football game, the developers really need to step it up though.
  8. Nov 27, 2011
    I really like the game its a little harder but I like it a lot its fun i like to play with the underrated teams I dont know why people dont like this game you have to give it a try. so thank you so much
  9. Oct 25, 2011
    This franchise is slowly going the way of Madden. They are focusing more on the glitz and glam rather then the solid gameplay that has gotten them the title of king in the football world. This last game is hands down the worst game in the past few years. 2010 will forever be the year the redefined NCAA, everything following has just been a hack job.
  10. Nov 12, 2011
    Really think people are being a little harsh on this game, it's honestly for college football freaks who want that "corny" I'm there at my favorite college stadium feel. The intros, feel and everything else concidered yes it is just Madden college but I can handle that as they are at least trying to innnovate. You have to know their hands are tied and they are chained to whatever MaddenReally think people are being a little harsh on this game, it's honestly for college football freaks who want that "corny" I'm there at my favorite college stadium feel. The intros, feel and everything else concidered yes it is just Madden college but I can handle that as they are at least trying to innnovate. You have to know their hands are tied and they are chained to whatever Madden does. Biggest bummer for me is that I live in Australia so I can only play it when I visit the US, Bummer Expand
  11. Apr 3, 2012
    As much as I love college football and this game, I have so many frustrations with this title. This game was not ready to be released on the release date. Some of the largest new features (updated/improved online dynasty websites) in the game were not completed until last month (March 2012, EIGHT MONTHS after release). The much paraded "improved" defensive AI for the secondary andAs much as I love college football and this game, I have so many frustrations with this title. This game was not ready to be released on the release date. Some of the largest new features (updated/improved online dynasty websites) in the game were not completed until last month (March 2012, EIGHT MONTHS after release). The much paraded "improved" defensive AI for the secondary and linebackers is not smarter, simply cheaper. Custom conferences were a much-needed and welcome addition to the franchise. EA Sports' technical support has been utter crap, and I say this after having to contact them for three different online dynasty issues within the first couple of months after release. They have yet to resolve any of the three issues I contacted them on, and two of the three were game-breaking and effectively ended two different online dynasties. Expand
  12. Jun 23, 2012
    This game may not be top tier graphic wise, but why do they need to? This game is so much more realistic than madden in its gameplay due to madden having to work on graphics, not gameplay. Graphics still must be improved, but this game makes me feel like im at a NCAA football game right at the moment.
  13. Aug 27, 2013
    I haven't played NCAA 11 so I can't compare the two. But I had serious fun playing this game, and in my opinion, it's the best NCAA football game to date.

1. Sep 28, 2011
    If you crave a bit more outside of just football and legacy modes, NCAA is the all comprehensive product you're seeking.
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    There are still a couple of features that need to be tweaked, such as recruiting, but with the addition of custom playbooks, the coaching carousel, conference realignments, and a fully revamped Road to Glory mode, NCAA Football has shown great strides in the last couple of titles, and NCAA Football 12 is the result of a development team putting in some hard work to make the fans happy.
  3. Aug 4, 2011
    The robust feature sets and game modes help the replay value of this title as the season wears on.