5.7

1. Jul 9, 2013
    With the additions of NCAA Football Ultimate team and a upgraded Dynasty Mode NCAA Football 14 has improved upon an already great series. The actual game play of NCAA Football 14 is smooth and seamless. Small changes like the new read and pitch key for option runs are what keeps making this annual series a hit.

Improvements to the run game are without a doubt the best the series has

Improvements to the run game are without a doubt the best the series has ever seen. Nothing feels better than breaking a off tackle run down the sideline where you juke into a spin move back up field for a score leaving defenders asking themselves "what just happened?".

If you aren't playing NCAA Football 14...you are missing out.
  2. Jul 9, 2013
    NCAA Football 14 is the biggest jump from its previous year this console generation and that has to be accounted for. Physics is now in the game and fresher than what we saw in Madden 13. Dynasty adds new presentation, a whole new recruiting system which is quicker and each week you don't find your self spending a half hour doing recruiting. Ultimate Team makes its way into NCAA which giveNCAA Football 14 is the biggest jump from its previous year this console generation and that has to be accounted for. Physics is now in the game and fresher than what we saw in Madden 13. Dynasty adds new presentation, a whole new recruiting system which is quicker and each week you don't find your self spending a half hour doing recruiting. Ultimate Team makes its way into NCAA which give you another game mode to enjoy when your waiting for your Online Dynasty to advance, or you want to play with some of your favorite NFL players in their college days.

All in all, NCAA Football 14 is better than last year, in fact its the biggest year to year jump on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Its more dynamic, its fresh, the atmosphere replicates college Saturdays more than ever, and gives you more options and game modes than before.

This feels like a college football game.
  3. Jul 9, 2013
    NCAA Football has revamped it's hot route and audible systems to better represent what you see in real life. Smell blitz? Hot route your slot receiver to a hitch. DB backed off too far from your flanker? Put him on a smoke screen! With many new blocking schemes (Dart, Cake, Midline, Trap, Counter) for the spread option, you may choose to use this new "Run Free" feature!

NCAA Football

NCAA Football has come a long way over the past few years, and now heading into the XboxOne generation, the future looks promising. This game has sustained replay-ability, and seems to be a more realistic representation of what we see on Saturdays!
  4. Jul 9, 2013
    I have been playing the NCAA Football series since my childhood. I haven't had this much fun with the game since the PS2/Xbox days. This is by far, the best NCAA Football game of this generation. The biggest and best change is the addition of the infinity engine in NCAA Football 14. The game feels less "scripted" and allows the user to have full control of their team.

Other big

Other big additions for me include authenticity and improvements in the computer AI. Navy, Army, Oregon and other option heavy schools actually play like their real life counterparts. Also, the improvements in computer AI are great to see. I always play on All-American and I am struggling when I face a top tier team with a lower ranked team...which is how it should be!

Finally, Ultimate Team made its debut in NCAA Football 14! This is an awesome mode and I can't wait to keep developing my team by playing solo challenges and games against real life opponents online.
  5. Jul 9, 2013
    If you are a big college football fan as I am, then NCAA Football 14 is the game for you. With the addition of the Infinity Engine 2, player models look more realistic than ever. You will have to do a double take to make sure it's a video game and not a real game on your TV. The running game is much improved over previous versions of the game. If you are a fan of the Ultimate Team mode,If you are a big college football fan as I am, then NCAA Football 14 is the game for you. With the addition of the Infinity Engine 2, player models look more realistic than ever. You will have to do a double take to make sure it's a video game and not a real game on your TV. The running game is much improved over previous versions of the game. If you are a fan of the Ultimate Team mode, you are now in luck. It has made it's way to the NCAA Football series. Now you can use past players of college football to build a powerhouse NCAA team. If you have skipped buying the game the past couple of years, do yourself a favor and pick this game up. If you love College Football and video games, NCAA Football 14 is the game for you. Expand
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    This year, I can honestly say that EA Sports has delivered a modest gameplay experience that is finally starting to reflect the missing fundamentals of football in the respective fashion that football communities have been demanding for over this generation of console gaming. It's only unfortunate that it literally took a generation to turn that corner toward realism and authenticity.This year, I can honestly say that EA Sports has delivered a modest gameplay experience that is finally starting to reflect the missing fundamentals of football in the respective fashion that football communities have been demanding for over this generation of console gaming. It's only unfortunate that it literally took a generation to turn that corner toward realism and authenticity. The upside to this is that we have a lot to look forward to when it comes to the next generation from this point in regards of gameplay progression. With that being said, here are my thoughts regarding NCAA 14:
    Infinity Engine 2:
    The gameplay has most definitely been revitalized due to the addition of the Infinity Engine 2.0. You can clearly see the improved dynamic physical interactions within the game (in comparison to its first implementation in Madden 13). The physics play out in a cleaner, more dynamic fashion. For those that may not recall, the Infinity Engine in principle, is a physics driven engine that's layered on top of all the animations within the game. So, sometimes you'll get dynamic physics-based interactions, as well as scripted animated outcomes, or get a mix of both in some instances, which brings out more organic gameplay. Couple this with the Force Impact System, and now you have the potential to have some of the most violent trucks and Hit Stick tackles occur to date in an EA Sports football title. The intent of the FIS is make that differential of collisions/interactions between players based on speed, weight, and mass respectively on offense and defense in relation to player skill ratings. It's very rewarding to see that big TE or power back bowl over smaller DBs or out of position LBs with trucks and stiff arm punches alike. As well as on defense laying that blind side hit on the QB, or that WR cutting across the middle getting blew up going for a catch by an LB or DB with a good speed and force behind them.

With all these good elements, there are issues along with it. Due to the confines of the animation-based principle of the game, you have situations where scripted animations do overtake the dynamic physical presence of other players, it especially happens the most with some of the scripted stiff arm animations. I've experienced numerous instances where the animation would run its full course up field for a gain of 4 yards even with defenders charging toward the ball carrier in the opposite direction. Their tackles are nullified and have no affect on the outcome of the play. This is an eyesore issue for sure that can hopefully be addressed via patch as this contradicts the principle of the Infinity Engine 2 and all its parts. Secondly, there's still a good amount of suction tackling taking place within the game as well. I've had instances where players would purposely get shifted into position as a tackle/stiff arm/Truck is supposed to take place in a particular part on the field. Which leads to unrealistically scripted gameplay outcomes on both sides of the ball, an issue that's been hindering EA football for years.
    In the near future (hopefully), it would be nice to see EA have more dynamic physics based gameplay that rivals titles like the 2010 title BackBreaker. A game that's based on behavior based interactions with dynamic physics and no pre-determined animations in sight.

Hard Cuts, The Run Game, and the Option:
    For the past few years there hasn't been a truly established run game in regards of precise player movement since NCAA Football 11, but even that game had some shortcomings when it came to the EA themed "Locomotion" technology. They definitely made a nice refinement with the addition of the hard cuts in regards to the directional changes made by the ball carrier. You can see and feel the difference between a power back and a speed back in regards to the ability and sharpness of cutback, juke moves, or just general changes of direction within the game. You still do see some sliding and gliding and players legs quick shifting to compensate for the respective footplant/cut move accordingly. With the "True-Step Locomotion" technology making its debut in Madden NFL 25 next-gen, we should see the quality of the overall player movement increase dramatically. In spite of the shortcomings, the addition of the new and various juke/spin move combos (utilizing the right analog stick) nicely adds depth and personality to a vital element of the game that has been long overdue.
    In addition to compliment the hard cuts element, you have the revamping of the run blocking AI, so this aids in the blockers making more realistic and logical decisions when blocking downfield and addressing the nearest threat to the ball carrier on running plays as well as QB scrambles out of the backfield on passing plays. The of tandem pass blocking is still an eyesore, but the logic is improved and you see the most realistic pockets and blocking scenarios form in this game that haven't been seen since the Xbox/PS2/GameCube days of EA Sports Football. Needless to say, there's a lot riding on what's shown on next-gen, especially in this area where 2k Sports currently upholds the standard with NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8 respectively.
    To expand on the QB scrambling out the backfield, the emphasis on the Option was major this year, with the addition of 30 new types as well as playbooks solely devoted to the option run/pass game. With the in-game pitch and read keys to look out for prior to the snap. It's nice to see that you have to pay attention to what the defense does whether it's the pitch, handoff, or keeper. Any wrong read and be a cost in yards or possible turnover on a bad pitch.

Defense:
    With all the attention given to the offense this year, there still are some elements to highlight in regards of the defensive side of the ball. The "Heatseeker" control is a new element that aids the user controlled defender with taking the proper angle to tackle the ball carrier. Also, the revamping of the dive tackles that add that secondary attempt to stop the ballcarrier if they elusively slip past the defender or in a rundown effort to make that shoestring-esque leg sweep from behind tackle.
    It is nice to say that FINALLY the war in the trenches is BACK!! The addition of the respective animations for both the O/D-Line interactions showcase that chaotic, yet violent battle that we've been looking for since best being done (at least in my opinion) in All Pro Football 2k8. Now, you clearly get to see the seperation between elite/mid-level/average/poor rushers as they fight to get in the backfield. Once again adding more depth and personality to the overall package.
    The secondary didn't get that much attention this year. while it's slightly improved, this area needs to be overhauled altogether as you have defenders that legitimately don't react to the ball being thrown right over their head as they look at it. Now, the Read & React isn't bad, but it's most definitely the weakest link by far in respect to all that was done in this game. The DB/WR interactions need to be revamped, as well as the AI across the board. Hopefully, the next generation of NCAA Football gaming coupled with the IGNITE engine, will showcase a drastic change in the way players react in game with the dubbed "human intelligence" element to the way the secondary reacts accordingly to what the offense gives them.

Overall, NCAA Football 14 is a glimpse of the potential future of EA Sports football gaming, with Madden 25 on the horizon to be releasing on August 27 for current gen, and next-gen sometime this holiday season. This is a very nice offering for a soon to be ending console generation, especially for the collegiate football gamer.
  7. Jul 9, 2013
    EA SPORTS NCAA Football 14 is back and better than ever. With the new Infinity physics engine, along with the new running mechanic that features more realistic foot planting, new streamlined User Interface, revamped option game, new position-specific hot routes, new NCAA Ultimate Team mode, new Coordinator Camera view, revamped Recruiting Mode featuring Power Recruiting and Coach SkillEA SPORTS NCAA Football 14 is back and better than ever. With the new Infinity physics engine, along with the new running mechanic that features more realistic foot planting, new streamlined User Interface, revamped option game, new position-specific hot routes, new NCAA Ultimate Team mode, new Coordinator Camera view, revamped Recruiting Mode featuring Power Recruiting and Coach Skill Trees, and new Power Recruiting this could be the best ever current generation version in the series. The game is far from perfect though: Road to Glory mode saw little, if any attention, along with Create-a-Coach, TeamBuilder, Coaching Carousel, commissioner controls, and sideline players. All in all though a very fun game to play. Expand
  8. Jul 9, 2013
    EASPORTS set the bar high this year with NCAAFOOTBALL 14, they have given the best college football experience that one could ask for. The Infinity 2.0 engine brings a smooth and very realistic feel to the game from the new improved Dynasty mode, nike trainer and the ultimate team experience. This years game has bought back those college football gamers who for years were looking for theEASPORTS set the bar high this year with NCAAFOOTBALL 14, they have given the best college football experience that one could ask for. The Infinity 2.0 engine brings a smooth and very realistic feel to the game from the new improved Dynasty mode, nike trainer and the ultimate team experience. This years game has bought back those college football gamers who for years were looking for the best game from easports in college football. Everything you see on saturday you see this year in NCAA FOOTBALL 14! Congrats EASPORTS on your success! Expand
  9. Jul 9, 2013
    NCAA Football 14 again maintains the high level of quality the series has come to be known for. While dynasty mode remains a lot of fun to play, the development team shook things up a bit with a bunch of new presentation upgrades to make this game the best college football game to date. With new reach blocks, hit SFX system, all new halftime show, pass blocking locomotion, Easy-to-readNCAA Football 14 again maintains the high level of quality the series has come to be known for. While dynasty mode remains a lot of fun to play, the development team shook things up a bit with a bunch of new presentation upgrades to make this game the best college football game to date. With new reach blocks, hit SFX system, all new halftime show, pass blocking locomotion, Easy-to-read option keys and more really captures the college atmosphere in a game. If you haven’t played it test out the demo and im sure after playing it you’ll buy a copy right away. Expand
  10. Jul 9, 2013
    Been around NCAA football games since the begining. This years' game has a great feel with the new engine. As a Rutgers fan, I am delighted with the new uniform alternatives. I would like to see more penalties such as holding, pass interferenece etc.
  11. Jul 31, 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised by the quality animation and the smooth game play. Then, I remember that this was on Madden 13's engine and nothing special was done here. Just improvements on a one year old engine. The graphics were horrible. It took a step back. It looked very cartoony. Also, despite liking the animations, something just rubbed be wrong about the game. Maybe it was a bit tooI was pleasantly surprised by the quality animation and the smooth game play. Then, I remember that this was on Madden 13's engine and nothing special was done here. Just improvements on a one year old engine. The graphics were horrible. It took a step back. It looked very cartoony. Also, despite liking the animations, something just rubbed be wrong about the game. Maybe it was a bit too easy? I don't know. I await Madden 25. I'm more excited for that game. Expand
  12. May 21, 2014
    This is an interesting and very good bang that the series goes out on because of the lawsuits surrounding it and the NCAA. The game is far more fluid this year than in any other year and the gameplay is still, I believe, better than in Madden. There are minor things that bug me including a clunky menu screen and the cut-aways for the updates on other games become very annoying. ButThis is an interesting and very good bang that the series goes out on because of the lawsuits surrounding it and the NCAA. The game is far more fluid this year than in any other year and the gameplay is still, I believe, better than in Madden. There are minor things that bug me including a clunky menu screen and the cut-aways for the updates on other games become very annoying. But overall, if this was the year that the game was going to end, they went out on a high note. This game will be a highly sought after game in about 2-3 years as it is the final college football game to be released. I know I'm keeping my copy and probably going to buy up some more in the future, if this goes the route that the final college basketball game did in 2010. Expand
  13. Jul 11, 2013
    I'm a gameplay first type a guy and that's what I will base my review on. Don't get me wrong I enjoy all aspects from gameplay, to presentation, to game modes, but it all starts with the gameplay. NCAA Football 14 has improved greatly over NCAA Football 13, in fact I think NCAA Football 14 is the best football game produced by EA SPORTS on this generation of consoles. The first thing thatI'm a gameplay first type a guy and that's what I will base my review on. Don't get me wrong I enjoy all aspects from gameplay, to presentation, to game modes, but it all starts with the gameplay. NCAA Football 14 has improved greatly over NCAA Football 13, in fact I think NCAA Football 14 is the best football game produced by EA SPORTS on this generation of consoles. The first thing that jumps out at you is the improvement to the player locomotion and hard cuts. You now have the ability to make cuts with the left analog stick simply by changing direction. This feature adds a more realistic look and feel to the running game. Physics has also been introduce to the the NCAA Football Series with the Infinity Engine 2.0, which adds a more dynamic aspect to the gameplay. IE2 is a tuned and refined version of the Infinity Engine and plays out much smoother than the original version introduced in Madden NFL 13. Blocking has really been improved this year. Lineman have a new targeting system which allows them to block the right guy and change their path based on where the ball carrier is going. Last but not least the war in the trenches has returned to EA SPORTS football games. The combination of new D line moves and improved footwork mechanics for the O line provides trenche battles like you've never seen before from the Series.

Along with pros comes cons, they are areas of concern in this game. Force Impact doesn't always seem to play out accordingly. All animations aren't able to be interrupted, at least not at all times. There still isn't any real DB/WR interactions. Zone coverage has been improved, but guys still don't really play outside of their zones based on the situation. TCP has been improved, but you still don't have full control over ball placement. Hard cuts have been added but that doesn't completely eliminate sliding and weird player movement at times.

Overall I think NCAA Football 14 is a solid game to end this generation of consoles. I think this game is a building block to show us the direction EA SPORTS Football is going in and set a foundation for the future. For the most part this game plays very well and seems to have more pros than cons at this point.

Sim
  14. Jul 9, 2013
    NCAA Football 14 not only set the bar for football games this year they raised it up 2 notches... This is truly the best football game on this Gen and possibly ever. Ultimate Team coming to NCAA was one of the biggest and boldest decisions that the team at EA SPORTS made, and by far one of the best, and could make a run at big brother Madden in my opinion.
    With Physics in the fold
    With Physics in the fold powering the all new running game in NCAA 14 it has never been more fun and exciting to run different offences like the Spread and Option. Truly I'm excited to see what the New Gen holds for the series down the road!

With all the positive there also comes negative like Road To Glory not getting love this year or seeing OTP come to the series, or full commentary/halftime show is disappointing, but the rest makes the negative not seem as big a deal anymore. Enjoy!!!
  15. Jul 9, 2013

Improvements to the run game are without a doubt the best the series has

If you aren't playing NCAA Football 14...you are missing out.

1. Aug 8, 2013
    The Infinity Engine 2 has taken the NCAA Football gameplay to a new level of realism, and with the improvements to the Dynasty mode, even the lack of depth that Ultimate Team suffers from can't hinder the fact that this is arguably the best title in the franchise series.
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    What it does is present a complete package that lacks very little for football fans and NCAA Football fans alike, and for many that may just be enough to satisfy the hungry crowd.
  3. Jul 14, 2013
    Those simply looking for a solid game of collegiate football should ignore all that, however, as NCAA Football 14 offers the same quality the series has been known for this generation with some great tweaks and implementations added. Madden 25 will likely take the crown for the best game of football this year, but those who make NCAA Football a yearly tradition have no reason not to add this solid addition to their collection.