8.4

1. Jul 8, 2013
    This is one of the best racing games out there,every thing about this is very Amazing you must try it.It deserves more then a 8.2...... Open world racing game think how skyrim.
  2. voter
    Nov 18, 2005
    apart from being a little bit smoother there aint no difference from the PS2 veersion of underground
  3. Wisdom
    Dec 15, 2005
    Crap.
    Im just glad ive now sold my 360 to some complete idiot who was willing to pay £800 for this eggbox.
    and i cant belive that £49.99 is the asking price for these games. get real people compair these games to there PC versions and you will notice 2 things. 1. the PC version looks better and is smoother 2. considering that the games are better looking on the PC they
    Crap.
    and i cant belive that £49.99 is the asking price for these games.
    1. the PC version looks better and is smoother
    2. considering that the games are better looking on the PC they are also more than £20 cheaper.
    so it has nothing to do with developing the games its all to do with microsoft selling you a cheap consol and charging you an extra £20 for there games just so they can get there money back. I was realy taken for a complete idiot when i got my 360. im just glad i got rid of it before it cost me anymore money.
  4. SamM.
    Aug 26, 2006
    Worst game I have ever played on xbox 360 and possibly the worst driving game ever created in my opinion why would anyone buy this game when they could easily just buy burnout revenge or pgr3 which are much better than this sad attempt to make a racing game trust me its bad.
  5. Mick
    Dec 5, 2005
    When the NFS Underground series hit the XBox I got hooked and I loved the last two games. Therefore if like me you just want more of the same for the franchise then you will love this game like I do for its beauty and sheer playable fun. If however you bored of the series and want something different from NFS then don't play this game.
  6. FredS.
    Jun 1, 2007
    I love this game!!! the graphics rock, the way you can custimize your car is awesome, the slow-mo of jumps is soooo sweet, and the entire game Rocks My Socks.
  7. JeffB.
    Jan 2, 2006
    Pretty descent game. definately worth the money and the time playing. It has great grahpics and an interesting storyline to keep things moving smoothly. I would definately recommend this game as it is fun and keeps you coming back for more.
  8. BryanMcCann
    Sep 18, 2007
    it is a pritty good game if you have no other games you have not played yet. I have four diffrent ones Burnout revenge, test drive unlimited, Moto gp 06, and Need for speed carpen. this is my second fav out of them. the one that is better is burnout. if you like street racing with japan cars then this is the game to get. don't wast $50 more dollors on the new need for speed game. whenit is a pritty good game if you have no other games you have not played yet. I have four diffrent ones Burnout revenge, test drive unlimited, Moto gp 06, and Need for speed carpen. this is my second fav out of them. the one that is better is burnout. if you like street racing with japan cars then this is the game to get. don't wast $50 more dollors on the new need for speed game. when you can get this one for around 25 dollors new. I have also rented a few and still this is the 2nd best one. good graphics, alright controls. but don't get the Ds one it sucks. Expand
  9. SuchKahlon
    Oct 12, 2009
    Really cool game for Xbox 360. This is a must have for any racing fan. It takes a little long for police to notice you but then when they do... they just strike at you. The rode blocks are sometimes easy to avoid but you can get stuck in them before you know it. Cool cars but not so many luxury cars. The one thing that's bad is that the cost at the Car Shop is way too expensive andReally cool game for Xbox 360. This is a must have for any racing fan. It takes a little long for police to notice you but then when they do... they just strike at you. The rode blocks are sometimes easy to avoid but you can get stuck in them before you know it. Cool cars but not so many luxury cars. The one thing that's bad is that the cost at the Car Shop is way too expensive and that you can only get cars by this 'pink slip' that you'll get only 25% of the time Expand
  10. ElwindS.
    Nov 21, 2005
    The best racing game on the 360 so far!
  11. Dave
    Dec 1, 2005
    Played PGR on the 360 for a day but Most Wanted I have been playing non-stop. A lot more new than PGR3, however, Most Wanted is still street racing. Cop pursuits blow you away. Way to easy in the begining but heat level ramps quickly. Heat level 5 is way to much fun! The Rhinos (SUVs) are punishing but fun. I've completed career and the end pursuit is crazy fun and the bridge jump - Played PGR on the 360 for a day but Most Wanted I have been playing non-stop. A lot more new than PGR3, however, Most Wanted is still street racing. Cop pursuits blow you away. Way to easy in the begining but heat level ramps quickly. Heat level 5 is way to much fun! The Rhinos (SUVs) are punishing but fun. I've completed career and the end pursuit is crazy fun and the bridge jump - best ending I have played in racing game, however, the reward is a little weak. Graphics - 10 - Beautiful city, cars look awesome, cool visual treatment and effects (pursuit transition is awesome - gets my blood going each time). AI - 9 Audio - 9 - cop dialogue and the interactive music is awesome. The audio director (Charles I think his name is) needs to pick better music though - 3 years of bad music. Expand
  12. PhilipP.
    Dec 1, 2005
    Yeah it looks real pretty... but hasn't anyone noticed the frame rate studder? I don't even know how EA got away with releasing this game. I have the demo on my Xbox 360, and it even has the studder. My friend owns a copy for his 360, and complains about the studder too. This game deserves to be at the bottom of the scores list along with the rest of the EA 360 titles.
  13. IAGREE
    Dec 6, 2005
    I own this and it looks okay but I agree with Philip.. the frame rate and studder is annoying. I've also played PGR3 and there is a huge difference in frame-rate. I think this game is not so much next gen as it is polished up old gen. disappointed here.
  14. JobA.
    Nov 7, 2006
    A terrific game! The cop chases are awesome and I really have alot of fun with this game - I give it a 9.2
  15. CiaranG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Nothing special at all. Not hugely exciting and gets repetitive. If you already have the likes of Need for Speed: Underground 1 or 2, the only real addition is nicer graphics and police chases. Although, the game stutters quite a bit at different times. You'd be better off buying the Underground series for much cheaper. The police chases are fun but get long and boring. However, car Nothing special at all. Not hugely exciting and gets repetitive. If you already have the likes of Need for Speed: Underground 1 or 2, the only real addition is nicer graphics and police chases. Although, the game stutters quite a bit at different times. You'd be better off buying the Underground series for much cheaper. The police chases are fun but get long and boring. However, car customization and variety and type of cars is great. Expand
  16. TimB.
    Apr 13, 2006
    This is one of the best games i have in my game library, and believe you me, thats big, and even after i'd completed it i still cant stop playing!
  17. maxseitz
    Oct 11, 2009
    I am not a racing fan at all, in truth i didn't even like burnout revenge( please no hate mail). I got this game as a christmas present almost 3 years ago and I still have a blast in the pursuits. The car custimization features are awesome, and the graphics on the gam eare very nice for an early 360 game. The best part of the game are the pursuits: I can not describe the fellings youI am not a racing fan at all, in truth i didn't even like burnout revenge( please no hate mail). I got this game as a christmas present almost 3 years ago and I still have a blast in the pursuits. The car custimization features are awesome, and the graphics on the gam eare very nice for an early 360 game. The best part of the game are the pursuits: I can not describe the fellings you have when you blast through a roadblock or run straight at a rhino( suicidal SUV). The only problem I have with this game is that the level 1-2 pursuits are way to eay, but other than that, I think this game is perfect. Expand
  18. JonnyS.
    Nov 27, 2005
    Graphics: Beautiful. City looks great and realistic. The cars and buildings all look beautiful and gritty thanks to great lighting. Game runs smooth. Lots of different parts and upgrades for your car help give you a personalized feel for your car. It's just plain fun. Sound: Excellent. Cars sound soo beautiful it feels like I'm actually behind the wheel. Music is good you got Graphics: Beautiful. City looks great and realistic. The cars and buildings all look beautiful and gritty thanks to great lighting. Game runs smooth. Lots of different parts and upgrades for your car help give you a personalized feel for your car. It's just plain fun. Sound: Excellent. Cars sound soo beautiful it feels like I'm actually behind the wheel. Music is good you got everything from screamer type stuff to hip hop n rap. Story: The game has a nice set up with some really halarious cinematics. I love them so much my only complaint is that there aren't more of them. The game progresses mostly through text messages and stuff as you work your way through racing 15 of the citys best racers. Getting away from the cops is awesome too its soo addictive the best part of the game easily. Verdict: Go out and get this game if you're a fan of Need For Speed or any other arcade racer. Its single player is pretty decent in length and stuff and there is multiplayer for you Live junkies. I'm gonna go play some more c-ya. Expand
  19. ChanceR.
    Dec 14, 2005
    Amazing game. Best racing game on 360, period. The graphics are beautiful, motion blur, depth of field and gorgeous lighting. Not a flickering pixel to be found.. (unlike PGR3..blah).. The control is arcade in style, like all the ND4SPD titles, (which you either love or hate) and the game is just plain fun. Racing, running from the cops, destroying all kinds of targets, upgrading and Amazing game. Best racing game on 360, period. The graphics are beautiful, motion blur, depth of field and gorgeous lighting. Not a flickering pixel to be found.. (unlike PGR3..blah).. The control is arcade in style, like all the ND4SPD titles, (which you either love or hate) and the game is just plain fun. Racing, running from the cops, destroying all kinds of targets, upgrading and customizing your cars, free roaming..etc.. etc.. The game is full of things to keep you entertained. There are 2 games out now on the 360 I'd reccomend, this one and CoD2. That's it. Expand
  20. MikkoP.
    Nov 29, 2006
    Normally, I would hate driving games. Nothing is more boring than a driving game, well, maybe a golf game. But NFS Most Wanted is different from ALL driving games I've tested. It's not so god damn serious, I love it. Escaping the cops in totally open enviroment is totally mindblowingly fun! Graphics are better than they usually get credit for, especially the lighting effects, no Normally, I would hate driving games. Nothing is more boring than a driving game, well, maybe a golf game. But NFS Most Wanted is different from ALL driving games I've tested. It's not so god damn serious, I love it. Escaping the cops in totally open enviroment is totally mindblowingly fun! Graphics are better than they usually get credit for, especially the lighting effects, no framerate issues. I have PGR3 and Burnout Revenge, but I hardly ever play them ´cos this is simply more fun! For me, PGR is too serious and Burnout is too tongue-in-cheek. I hope they release a sequel or work on the idea of running from cops more, there is a lot potential in that. Expand
  21. DME
    Dec 16, 2010
    The cop chases are amazing fun, making this game worth a buy. But actual racing is very repetetive. Customization is great, graphics rock, music selection is okay if you like rap. The speed & control on your car is pretty cool. Buy this for the cops! Better than the new Hot Pursuit.
  22. Feb 6, 2011
    What a game,honestly all the versions of this game are all awesome but of course the 360 version looks amazing.This version is smoother then the other ones.The other two on the xbox and ps2 twitch throughout the game and this doesn't.For 2005 it's the best street racing game ever made and it trumps midnight club 2 and 3.I would say to whoever is reading this to skip "carbon" cause it'sWhat a game,honestly all the versions of this game are all awesome but of course the 360 version looks amazing.This version is smoother then the other ones.The other two on the xbox and ps2 twitch throughout the game and this doesn't.For 2005 it's the best street racing game ever made and it trumps midnight club 2 and 3.I would say to whoever is reading this to skip "carbon" cause it's very disappointing.Wow this is bringing back memories let me pop it in to play now,great game 9. Expand
  23. Nov 30, 2010
    This is one of the best examples of what a racing game should be. Fast, intense, and engaging. I would play this any day over the later entries in the series until the newest Hot Pursuit came out.
  24. Oct 21, 2011
    Just so fantastic. Corny dialogue, sub par acting, and cars are a somewhat good selection. However, the AI for this game when the cops are chasing you is great! and you completely forget about the lack luster car options because you pick from fantastic cars just not an epic amount selection I love cop chasing games and this is one of the best game like that, that I've played. This is not aJust so fantastic. Corny dialogue, sub par acting, and cars are a somewhat good selection. However, the AI for this game when the cops are chasing you is great! and you completely forget about the lack luster car options because you pick from fantastic cars just not an epic amount selection I love cop chasing games and this is one of the best game like that, that I've played. This is not a PGR3 or Burnout...this is a chase and getaway game. If you want strictly racing this is not the game for you, there are better ones....if you want chasing and escape then its an A+. Expand
  25. Mar 22, 2012
    Amazing title, this game is amazing, the cars, graphics, all is amazing in Need For Speed Most Wanted, the gameplay is funny and addictive. This title is fantastic.
  26. Apr 4, 2012
    loved the cartoony nature of the racing physics. first played it on ps2. nothing changed from there onto the 360 but i honestly didnt feel any need for anything more for my money. repetition? sure. but its been years since it has come out and im still down to roll out my chevy cobalt and play cat and mouse with the c6 cops
  27. Apr 22, 2012
    Most Wanted is one of the first Xbox 360 games ever and it was awesome, Personally i think Underground 2 is the best NFS game but Most Wanted is the second best, nice story, fun gameplay, limited but great tuning and lot of new awesome cars for the era. Def. the best NFS on the console.
  28. May 2, 2015
    Quite possibly the most heralded Need for Speed in the franchise (certainly in recent memory), Most Wanted is worth all the hype that it's given. The game shines on all platforms, but being as the 360 version looks the best with it's gritty, yet pretty surroundings and graphics, I recommend getting it there if possible.

The gameplay itself is reminiscent of the arcade style racer that

The gameplay itself is reminiscent of the arcade style racer that the NFS series has been associated with for a little over a decade now, and it takes all advantages of such. The handling of the vehicles is varied, yet accessible enough to create a unique experience for each one driven. The races are indeed fun and won't be quick to bore the user, however, the insane chases and clashes with police make up the bulk of the ability to enjoy this game. Even the most simple pursuit can quickly turn into a Federal matter, with twenty plus cops swarming all over the racer while they dodge heavy SUVs, highway-covering roadblocks, and a persistent copper chopper calling out your ground location if within viewpoint.

Story modes within racing games are often overlooked or dismissed, and the story in NFS:MW isn't anything to rave about, but indeed it isn't half-bad; cheesy, yes, but not terrible. The acting is subpar, but not cringe-worthy. The voice overs with the various SMS and voicemail systems are as expected with the career mode, but the dialogue with the police is actually quite intriguing: the officers correctly call their shots and use codes to show their next planned move in stopping the car carnage that the player is inevitably causing, and surprisingly, it arrives right on time as they say so.

This game gets a solid 9, for all the good about it shining brightly as one of the best racers of such a generation. One only major detriment is the nauseatingly-apparent AI rubberbanding, which can at times hinder the playing experience but mostly is used to keep races close and not automatically shoving the opposition in front (which some games abuse such a rubberband tactic), but it's nowhere near enough to warrant anything other than a purchase and playthrough. I highly recommend this title.

1. Aside from the high-shine gloss, though, a few extra pursuers in the cop chases are about all that differentiates this version from the current-gen game. My main beefs--the repetitive race events and not-very-challenging cop chases (especially earlier in the game)--are still here.
  2. Driving through the alleyways and suburban sprawls...rain pouring down, thunder clapping, music up; this is (virtual) living. [Dec 2005, p.54]
  3. The Xbox 360 version is where the biggest jump should have been, but fell a bit short. In fact, even in 720p/1080i High Definition, there only thing you gain over the Xbox and PS2 games is the clarity of the in-game textures. And clarity isn't strong enough a word! Borderline photo-realistic is probably a better word to use.