NeverDead Xbox 360

5.5

1. Feb 4, 2012
    i love this game and its great fun and good action,
    i love this game and its great fun and good action,
    NeverDead is fun ,well made and something new, gamers should start taking games for wot they are an not what they want the game to be like, the demons in neverdead are alot like DMC demons like some have four legs an some with blades as head! When you get hit your body parts detach from each other with your head spinning an rolling around trying to find its torso, legs and arms. u have to roll over the body part 2 attach them all bak together so u can get back in the action. Yes most games have life bars but nerverdead you can't die as your body falls apart but you have to watch your just your head as one demon tries its hardest to hoover your head up into its pits of its stomach and if that happens to you a slider appears where you have to hit the button at the right time for the demon to spit you out, if you miss then sorry your heads staying in their for another 500 years! gameover lol. Neverdead is a good action game that is fun and the main characters are dukenukemISH , the combat is pretty good for a hack an slash/3rd person shooter.
    if you want an addictive game with a good story line and generally fun then this is the game for you.
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    It's both good and bad. Sure the characters are a little under-developed but the concept here is different and unique. Tactics and most of the enemies will repeat over and over again but I'm still enjoying it after all. IGN was a little harsh on it giving it a 3 (awful), but in my opinion this is still a game that should be at least be looked at.
  3. Feb 1, 2012
    I stopped listening to IGN back when they gave Metro a 6.5 and started giving 9's that had Call of Duty slapped on the cover and I am glad I did. This game is unique, something hard to find these days. Its by far not the best and a bit cheesy from time to time, But if you enjoy that crazy action sort of game that comes out of Japan every now and again this games fun. The graphics areI stopped listening to IGN back when they gave Metro a 6.5 and started giving 9's that had Call of Duty slapped on the cover and I am glad I did. This game is unique, something hard to find these days. Its by far not the best and a bit cheesy from time to time, But if you enjoy that crazy action sort of game that comes out of Japan every now and again this games fun. The graphics are fairly impressive aswell too. The voice acting could have used a little more work though. Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2012
    This is a bad, bad game... Konami slipped on this title. It's a 3rd person action game, where the protagonist (Bryce) it's a demon hunter, who is cursed by the Demon's King with immortality: he can lose any body part and gather them again. The action resumes in modern days when you and your partner, a girl (who is mortal) hunts demons: the main gameplay is a mixture of beat em up, andThis is a bad, bad game... Konami slipped on this title. It's a 3rd person action game, where the protagonist (Bryce) it's a demon hunter, who is cursed by the Demon's King with immortality: he can lose any body part and gather them again. The action resumes in modern days when you and your partner, a girl (who is mortal) hunts demons: the main gameplay is a mixture of beat em up, and puzzles, with the occasional boss fight. Ok, nice, but we have some (many?) problems: the graphics are bad, and outdated, the acting is cheesy, but the worst thing, is the gameplay. You lose body parts every time you are hit by an enemy (and this happen almost all the time in combats), and to recompose yourself (and be able to attack again), you must roll up to these body parts. The main problem is that your assistant is attacked at the same time (and you must revive her, quickly), and that every time you catch a body part, if a enemy attacks you, you lose it again... add to this some bugs and glitches to the gameplay, and we have one of the worst games of the year, with a utterly frustrating and boring gameplay. My score: 4,1 . Expand
  5. Feb 20, 2012
    "NeverDead" not only squandering an interesting premise as transforms into a hindrance, an excuse for include challenges that test not the skill, but the player's patience. At first, gets to be fun the festival of destruction of enemies and scenarios, but only until when will realize that this is repeated until the end of the game. Incidentally, the final struggles are among the most"NeverDead" not only squandering an interesting premise as transforms into a hindrance, an excuse for include challenges that test not the skill, but the player's patience. At first, gets to be fun the festival of destruction of enemies and scenarios, but only until when will realize that this is repeated until the end of the game. Incidentally, the final struggles are among the most frustrating already viewed in the game. In the end, "NeverDead" is nothing more than a generic game action and shooting with esquisitões characters. Expand
  6. Mar 18, 2012
    Have you ever had very high hopes for something only for it to turn out mediocre and disappointing? That is NeverDead in a nutshell. This adventure by Rebellion Developments oozing so much originality that itâ
  7. Feb 5, 2012
    I think I have to differ with my fellow user reviewers. NeverDead follows the same cycle of developers creating a great idea, but in the end the opportunities for a great game are squandered thanks to poor dialouge from the characters, poor design decisions, and poor characters in general. In my opinion it's just another good idea gone bad.
  8. Feb 1, 2012
    This game is fun. It's just a fun game. Don't play it if you're expecting it to shatter expectations and defy all genre standards, because it won't. What it WILL do is make you laugh and remind you that games are meant to be played and enjoyed for the sake of being played and enjoyed.
  9. Feb 1, 2012
    I honestly loved this game the style of it was great the body being blown around. It took me as surprise as I thought its never dying aspect I thought it was a bit sketchy, but It was well worth it.
  10. Feb 1, 2012
    All the reviewers and critics who give this game a bad score are retards. This game is f*cking awesome. So hardcore and fun...................... Ikr.
  11. Feb 2, 2012
    Konami once again surprised everyone - made their own Devil May Cry, with a European taste. Soundtrack could easily qualify for Oscars. With a hint at the sequel!
  12. Feb 8, 2012
    Somehow I feel that a lot of these perfect scores on here come from the people who made the game, nice one guys. "Hey guys, our game is great and reviewers who gave it negative scores are just retards who hate our company, LOLZ, it's just like DMC but better!!!" The game might be a fun way to waste time with some friends in a its-so-bad-it-is-actually-entertaining kind of way, if it was 19Somehow I feel that a lot of these perfect scores on here come from the people who made the game, nice one guys. "Hey guys, our game is great and reviewers who gave it negative scores are just retards who hate our company, LOLZ, it's just like DMC but better!!!" The game might be a fun way to waste time with some friends in a its-so-bad-it-is-actually-entertaining kind of way, if it was 19 bucks, but a five hour pile of crap for 60 dollars? Collapse
  13. Feb 12, 2012
    How to mess a good idea would be how i see Neverdead. The voice acting is horrible, the gameplay is so random that it makes it feels ''hardcore '' to some but it is just testing your patience really. Frustration is common ground with this game, glitch in graphics is even more common. Save your bucks, and wait for others games...this one should be Everdead.
  14. Mar 6, 2012
    Hey. Get off da forums. Play me at Madden. Dis game garbage. I picked this game up like, yesterday. Wasted about a good...13 hours of my time playing it. My honest review: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory had a better, more in depth story than this ol' hunk a garbage. This game isn't worth the amount of time the Mexican immigrants put into making the disc. Sincerely: Madden.
  15. Sep 21, 2013
    The game was too short, the dialogue needs some serious work, and I feel like they could have added more features to the game in general, like an actual new game+, more types of enemies, more weapons, etc. The combat could have been expanded upon as well but it was otherwise fairly enjoyable. Like other people have said, there were some unique ideas in here that could have used a littleThe game was too short, the dialogue needs some serious work, and I feel like they could have added more features to the game in general, like an actual new game+, more types of enemies, more weapons, etc. The combat could have been expanded upon as well but it was otherwise fairly enjoyable. Like other people have said, there were some unique ideas in here that could have used a little more work. Even with its shortcomings I still found it quite fun, and it was well worth the $10 I paid for it. Expand
  16. Mar 16, 2016
    This game is not fun at all, yes, its beautiful and its creative, but the gameplay is a chore. Let me tell you why. In combat, you will lose your limbs every 15 seconds, then you have to roll like an idiot to get them back in order to continue playing or you have to stay at the corner to wait for regen. Yes, that is suppose to be your superpower, regeneration, but it backfires in the gameThis game is not fun at all, yes, its beautiful and its creative, but the gameplay is a chore. Let me tell you why. In combat, you will lose your limbs every 15 seconds, then you have to roll like an idiot to get them back in order to continue playing or you have to stay at the corner to wait for regen. Yes, that is suppose to be your superpower, regeneration, but it backfires in the game and become the most annoying thing in the game. Another thing is those Wombs, when the Womb spawn besides some explosives, then congratulations, you save some trouble, but when it is not, good luck then, you will spend the next couple of minutes slashing the womb, which cause little damage to it, and those Minions will keep attacking you causing you to lose your limbs. I seriously think this game is more like a chore, I just can't enjoy it, I even restarted the game to see if its less annoying with on Easy Difficulty, but nope, the same feeling. This is one of those unique games, but unique doesn't always mean good or fun. Expand
  17. Mar 26, 2012
    NeverDead, uff, difficult review. Ok, the game have great ideas, but the game lost much, because all this bigger ideas have bigger mistakes, the gameplay is good, but is so strange, the graphics are mmm... strange. The story is good, and the characters great. But with much problems, NeverDead is a regular game, is like a comedy-action game.
  18. Jul 18, 2012
    As a veteran gamer who cut his gaming teeth on the likes of the ZX81, I can honestly say that I
  19. Feb 21, 2013
    Os gráficos e o conceito de regeneração são bons, e só, porque a jogabilidade horrível, os monstros foram desenhados com a bunda, os personagens não possuem carisma.
  20. Nov 24, 2012
    The graphics looks ok along with art style, busty sidekick also helping to love the game but it's all in vein.
    Shooting is bad with **** targeting and swordplay is disorienting. The game is trying to be humoristic with character lines, but it comes out so lame. Dismembering is kinda boring and annoying.
  21. Jan 13, 2013
    The story is the games best feature since the game-play is mostly a frustration. The game concept where your limbs fall off, mostly takes away from the game rather than adding to it, as your easily broken apart and picking back up your limbs or having your head cut off, which leads to you having to roll back to your body only to have you head cut off again moments later. The way you die inThe story is the games best feature since the game-play is mostly a frustration. The game concept where your limbs fall off, mostly takes away from the game rather than adding to it, as your easily broken apart and picking back up your limbs or having your head cut off, which leads to you having to roll back to your body only to have you head cut off again moments later. The way you die in this game is also poorly thought out, were you simply have to fail to press a button at the right time, while in side an enemy stomach. The guns in the game feel under powered making you want to use your sword, most of the time, which is a pain to control an often leads you to having your limbs taken off. They are enemies in the game that constantly re-spawn enemies and take a while to take down unless they are environmental hazards you can use to your advantage. Using the environment can be fun and using your head to reach certain locations and hidden items is where the game makes sense. Expand
  22. Nov 6, 2014
    Once again, like with Bullet Witch, I'm the minority. Many say this game is bad but it really isn't. The combat is fun and the graphics are good. The story, while predictable, is fun and adds good context too the plot. The dialog is actually not that bad but some would disagree with my statement. Overall, Neverdead is a fun game and will keep your attention if you let it.
  23. Sep 6, 2016
    Good idea done terribly.

The gameplay in NeverDead is good hack and slash with terrible shooting.The level design is creative too.

The game is filled with glitches and bugs on top of that.

Graphics are ugly,but the framerate is solid.

Sound design and soundtrack suck too.Game also only lasts 5 hours on hardest difficulty,so probably about 2 on easy.

In short............ DO NOT BUY!
  24. Feb 8, 2012

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Mar 10, 2012
    A great concept with potential, torn to pieces by bland shooting, horrid dialogue and frustrating design. Swordplay can be fun but there's little else to enjoy. [Issue#82, p.88]
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    We give developer Rebellion a pat on the back for trying something original in the shooter genre, but it simply doesn't work that well. The story is dumb and so is main character Bryce. The gameplay is incredibly repetitive and gets really frustrating, really fast.
  3. Feb 22, 2012
    NeverDead's heart is in the right place: committed to entertaining you, no matter the cost - even if it means losing your head a few too many times along the way. [March 2012, p.120]