8.5

1. Aug 23, 2010
    For some reason i had much more fun playing 09 but still this game was a good one. Goalie mode was by far the upside of this game and because nhl games seem to get better every year i give this a 7.8
  2. Sep 16, 2010
    I've never played NHL 09, but when I got my hands on this game I fell in love with it. It's one of the best sports games I've ever played, and way better then NHL 2K10.
  3. Apr 24, 2011
    I've found myself playing this game a ton in the past few months. It's really enjoyable and doesn't really get too boring. The "Be A Pro" mode isn't very realistic. It starts you off at the beginning of games as well as at the end of intermissions as the first line out there. Which doesn't really make sense, neither does the expectations to stay on a NHL team at the beginning. But Be a pro is still really fun and enjoyable. Playing it with friends is always a fun time and overall the game is really good. Expand
  4. Aug 28, 2010
    Outside of the default settings resulting in a game with too much offense, it's the best hockey game ever made - bar none.

Great feel to the game - skating, passing, shooting... even the checking feels pretty solid.

1. It’s good. It’s really good. Fans of the NHL games will not be disappointed and newcomers to the series will find one of the deepest, enjoyable, and most engaging hockey game EA has ever put out to date.
  2. A nearly flawless title; only the most cynical and jaded gamers will take issue with any of the game’s extremely minor problems.
  3. A game that builds on its critically-lauded predecessor with fine new features, NHL 10 is a great follow-up sports title that other franchises should take a hint from.