NHL 2K7 Xbox 360

7.9

1. Bruinsfan247
    Jan 3, 2007
    One timers, one timers, one timers. There is so little room in this game to be creative. Thats what hockey is about, defense and offensive creativity. the graphics for the environments are nice, but the game play hasn't changed in three years. Its time for 2K to stop relying on the base game and make some innovative changes....see also NHL 07.
  2. HarleyH.
    Apr 17, 2007
    Great look and feel. Wish the franchise mode was a little more detailed.
  3. ChrisL.
    Sep 13, 2006
    Although this game still plays smooth, it has nothing new in terms of gameplay. It was a solid game 4 years ago, but leaves nothing to say for next gen hockey. Next-gen should be beautiful. The graphics look like they were put together as part of a school project instead of a large game company.
  4. TysonO.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Weird looking players and unfinished Menu design make NHL 2K7 a game to pass on. I got the game as a gift and traded the game in for EA's version. Button pressing is is as last gen as the graphics. The new camera angle is cool but that's about it.
  5. OlegV.
    Sep 14, 2006
    I should have realized by playing the Demo that this game wasn't going to be good. Cheap graphics and boring button pressing that takes all the skill out of the game. Not worth buying.
  6. BryceC.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Not worh buying if you have last years game. It looks even worse in the graphics department if that is even possible. EA knows detail, hopefully it kicks 2k into gear.
  7. JeffArnen
    Sep 15, 2006
    Not even close to EA's NHL 07. Same exact game as last year...
  8. ClarkeM.
    Sep 16, 2006
    So when is the finished product coming out? Glad I rented the game first. The ice looks great. Skating is good. Everything else screams budget title. Gave it a 2 for the ice and slight graphics improvement. Some players look more Gears of War than like NHL players.
  9. RichB.
    Sep 13, 2006
    I got both EA and 2K7 and 2K7 although not as pretty is much muh deeper and fluid in animations and presentation. Much better game than critics are letting on.
  10. RafaC.
    Great game!
  11. ChadP.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Who cares about all the different types of venues. Give me a decent NHL game that worthy of being played on my 360. Survey says trash. C'mon 2K you made the best NFL ever. Put some effort into hockey.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Don't believe the detractors. This game alone gives a few million Canadians the reason to buy an Xbox 360.
  13. SeanC.
    Sep 16, 2006
    NHL 2K6 with a roster update.
  14. AdamC.
    Sep 21, 2006
    Same as NHL2k6, but with oooh ... wait for it... "cinemotion".
  15. StoneB.
    Sep 20, 2006
    I like EA's skill stick, but after playing with that for a short bit I came back to true classic - 2K
  16. MattB.
    Online it's awesome - I'm hooked
  17. DonC.
    Sep 20, 2006
    Smooth transitions, monster sound, crisp controls. What's not to like?
  18. JonC.
    Sep 27, 2006
    "EA feels like real hockey...2K feels like a video game." go play NHL 06 and 2K6, lets see which you like better, or NHL 2000 and NHL Hitz Pro. Allround great hockey game.
  19. PatrickJ.
    Jan 6, 2007
    I gave this game a 6 because......well first let me say its way better then NHL 07 EA..its way too easy and 2h7 you can set your guys to attack a specfic player on the ice...overall great gameplay and pretty good graphics!
  20. GregG.
    Sep 13, 2006
    The graphics and gameplay are NOT next gen. This is 2K's second NHL game for the 360 so there is no excuse for this mess. From fake coaches that critics describe as "scary looking" to players with cartooney skin tones. Pass on NHL 2K7.
  21. FranekH.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Much better than EA's latest effort.
  22. AnitaB.
    Sep 14, 2006
    One of the best sports games.
  23. JohnB.
    My new favorite game.
  24. JohnMarion
    Sep 14, 2006
    The reigning leader comes through again. Next gen hockey at its finest.
  25. JohnS.
    Sep 16, 2006
    EA feels like real hockey...2K feels like a video game.
  26. YuriW.
    Aug 23, 2007
    Games in 2k7 are usually all very similar. At higher difficulty levels, the CPU player is not actually better, he can just do more than you can. On the hardest level, his goalie becomes an unstoppable machine. Also, the achievements are unfair. It sucks to work towards something for days, and then unfairly not get the achievement. This is a glitch and some achievements are unattainable.

1. The outstanding gameplay mechanics will be familiar to fans of the series, but NHL 2K7 makes important strides in the realm of presentation with this year's 360 offering.
    Online, 2K Sports continues to lead the pack with online leagues and franchises and stat tracking. While "NHL 07" features an excellent gameplay innovation with the skill stick, NHL 2K7 is the most complete, all-around hockey title on the 360.
  3. NHL 2K7 is a solid game and the new animations help to make it feel more next-gen worthy than last year's entry. However, despite the sheer number of new features, nothing feels particularly groundbreaking.