Ninja Blade Xbox 360

6.8

1. SuleimanM.
    May 14, 2009
    From Software has managed not only to embarrass themselves with this pitiful attempt at an action title, however they have also succeeded in creating a game that manages to stray away from an enjoyable experience all together. Ninja Blade is a mediocre title at best, and has very few elements that warrant a visit. The only thing that I can list as a positive aspect to such a title is the From Software has managed not only to embarrass themselves with this pitiful attempt at an action title, however they have also succeeded in creating a game that manages to stray away from an enjoyable experience all together. Ninja Blade is a mediocre title at best, and has very few elements that warrant a visit. The only thing that I can list as a positive aspect to such a title is the finishers once you have defeated a boss, other than that, Ninja Blade falls flat. Too many quick timed events often lead to frustration and repetition. If I wanted to play a rhythm game, there's a specific genre for that. The graphics in the game are decent, but nothing to brag about, menus and gameplay are sluggish, and offer intense amounts of frustration, and this is coming from a guy who has beat Ninja Gaiden. Speaking of Gaiden, you're better off playing that, it Expand
  2. Aug 18, 2013
    I'll give this game one thing, it got me excited through the whole campaign, the action scenes and QTE's are simply insane, but, as a whole, it's a style over substance game. Gameplay outside of the "OMAGAH THAT IZ AWSOM" scenes is nothing else them shallow, you have two attack buttons that you use to strike the enemies with your different types of swords and you can use your shuriken thatI'll give this game one thing, it got me excited through the whole campaign, the action scenes and QTE's are simply insane, but, as a whole, it's a style over substance game. Gameplay outside of the "OMAGAH THAT IZ AWSOM" scenes is nothing else them shallow, you have two attack buttons that you use to strike the enemies with your different types of swords and you can use your shuriken that comes with three diferrent flavors too burn, cut, or shock your foes, but, you really doesn't have to do much than just press the X button to win, at least with the normal foes.
    You see, this is the problem, outside of the game action packed moments where you are fighting gigantic flying larvas in the sky or chasing a giant yakuza dog and his medusa daughter with a tank, the game feels boring and uninspiring, simply because there's not much else in this game than that.
    The graphics aren't that special or unique in this game, facial expressions are HORRIBLE, just terrible, try to look into a characters face while his laughing or screaming and try not to be scared by that Character models are okay, nothing special with the exception of Ken, the protagonist and some of the monsters you fight. One thing that shines for me in this game is the clothing customization, it is really cool and you can just make your character look even more badass than he already is. Weapons cannot be customized but they can be upgraded, which changes their appereance and gives you new combos and special attacks, and talking about extras... well, there aren't that much in fact.
    This is a one-time playthrough game, and you should have it clear when you buy it, after you beat it, there's not much to be done. You can look for some gems that will ugprade your health and karma (You'll need that to use the Ninja Vision and the Shuriken attacks) and some pieces of clothing to customize but, aside from that, that's it, and this resumes Ninja Blade, a huge and kinda dissapointing "That's It".
  3. PaulMxG
    Apr 15, 2009
    Ninja Blade is a game that represents how good and famous is Ryu Hayabusa, this time a ninja wannabe tries to save Japan in enviroments that all gamers have seen before, this game lacks of creative textures and visual effects, in my opinion Ninja Blade is a copy of Ninja Gaiden, I think everyone is trying to succeed with Itagaki's masterpiece.
  4. SimonD
    Jun 15, 2009
    I cant understand why some say this is inferior to Ninja Gaiden 2 - I preferred this to NG2 in every way - NG2 for a start was way too challenging, too frustrating. This is very cinematic and whilst it may not push boundaries, is very competent and kept me interested right till the end. One of my favorite games to come along in a while.
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is just awful, the constant quick time events make the game boring and repetitive, not to mention frustrating when you have to do the same bit over and over, The Gameplay is average at best and for new gamers even easy mode is hard especially since the first level can take around 1 and a half hours to finish. The game also over estimates its own replay value as if your anThis game is just awful, the constant quick time events make the game boring and repetitive, not to mention frustrating when you have to do the same bit over and over, The Gameplay is average at best and for new gamers even easy mode is hard especially since the first level can take around 1 and a half hours to finish. The game also over estimates its own replay value as if your an achievement hunter requires you to do multiple playthroughs when most cant bare to do one. This is a most definitely to avoid game, it's nothing like Ninja Gaiden,plus I really don't see why this was made because of Ninja Gaiden, the game offers nothing more than Ninja Gaiden if not less. So SAVE your money, not worth the buy. Expand
  6. Matt
    May 3, 2009
    It's actually not that bad. Pretty good graphics. Interesting story and characters. And I actually like the QTEs - they remind me of Dragon's Lair. They make you feel like you are more in the game. I think everyone should give this one a try.
  7. FyzardBrown
    Apr 9, 2009
    Contrary to what others have been saying this game is quite fun. You can't put it in the same cateogory as Ninja Gaident because it's a different type of game. Think of it as God of War with a Ninja set in a Resident Evil world. Most people don't like the fighting because they don't realize that there are more moves ala God of War/Conan when you upgrade your weapons. Contrary to what others have been saying this game is quite fun. You can't put it in the same cateogory as Ninja Gaident because it's a different type of game. Think of it as God of War with a Ninja set in a Resident Evil world. Most people don't like the fighting because they don't realize that there are more moves ala God of War/Conan when you upgrade your weapons. Quick Time Events are tedious but are basically the same as in any othe game with QTE. I think that most people should try the Demo on the marketplace first before going with any of these reviews and decide for themselves if they like the game. Expand
  8. JW
    Apr 15, 2009
    Solid fun through and through. The game is more like God of War than Ninja Gaiden. The camera view, weapons, and magic all relate to GOW moreso than Tecmo's spectacular ninja series. As such, aside from Conan, there is nothing else out there on the 360 like this. Straight forward action game that keeps a high pace. Although a bit short, the pace reminds me a NES/SNES game where you Solid fun through and through. The game is more like God of War than Ninja Gaiden. The camera view, weapons, and magic all relate to GOW moreso than Tecmo's spectacular ninja series. As such, aside from Conan, there is nothing else out there on the 360 like this. Straight forward action game that keeps a high pace. Although a bit short, the pace reminds me a NES/SNES game where you had to keep moving and fighting to progress. QTE.....if you like them, it will add to your experience. Expand
  9. D.B.H
    May 25, 2009
    From Software brings us another awesome ninja game. Like a futuristic version of Tenchu, the controls are smooth and the cinematics breathtaking. Not a homerun on originality, but definitely worth a playthrough.
  10. ColbyA.
    Dec 25, 2009
    Having played and completed, in their entirety, the first two missions of the game, played with the different features (such as character customization and the weapon upgrade system), I have to say this is a solid game. The people who are giving 4's and 3's to this game are Ninja Gaiden fanboys, apparently - a game I've never played. The graphics are very good (or at least Having played and completed, in their entirety, the first two missions of the game, played with the different features (such as character customization and the weapon upgrade system), I have to say this is a solid game. The people who are giving 4's and 3's to this game are Ninja Gaiden fanboys, apparently - a game I've never played. The graphics are very good (or at least "industry standard" at this point in time), the QTE's are nice and keep the gameplay varied (I'd argue that anyone who complains about them just have reeeeally bad reflexes - and this is coming from a gamer who plays almost strictly tactical RPGs), and the weapon upgrade system, combo system, and finishers are all really fun to watch. My two biggest complains: Crappy job of porting to PC (all the QTE warnings had Xbox buttons with words like "Spacebar" above them - really distracting) and that you don't understand the storyline (regardless of how weak it is or isn't) until you've completed the first mission and watched a couple of cutscenes. Still, deserves WAY better than a 68. Expand
  11. DavidF
    Apr 14, 2009
    Absolutely terrible. It's like someone took everything that made Ninja Gaiden great out of the game. They thought they'd compensate by adding QTEs; what a joke. The 68 aggregate score is far too generous. If you want to hack and slash through enemies, then do yourself a favor and play two much more enjoyable games: Ninja Gaiden 2 and Devil May Cry 4.
  12. Sep 9, 2016
    My review for this game is almost identical to my review for Bourne Conspiracy. Being 2016 is this game still a play? My verdict is no. I played for only one hour and came across a lot of things I liked but decided the gameplay was too shallow and not for me. I enjoyed the visuals I thought they looked sweet but what stopped my from continuing my game was two things. First of all theMy review for this game is almost identical to my review for Bourne Conspiracy. Being 2016 is this game still a play? My verdict is no. I played for only one hour and came across a lot of things I liked but decided the gameplay was too shallow and not for me. I enjoyed the visuals I thought they looked sweet but what stopped my from continuing my game was two things. First of all the camera decided to do its own thing at times in wide open boss battles I had a difficult time wasting time in the most important part of the game. The other areas of the game were trivial. The two features added together easily suggested to me to not go further into the game. I do not feel the game was broken but considering how many games are on the market this one lost my interest pretty fast. It did seem there was a lot of fun features in this game. I would neither recommend it or say its bad. Just with so many games on the market and so little time to play current generation games this one was a skip. I would fully agree with the reviewer who stated this game is style over substance. Expand
  13. Oct 23, 2011
    Ninja Blade is a bad game because it has terrible graphics,awful Sound and defective Gameplay,is a game that I hate and I do not recommend to anyone!!!!!!
  14. May 30, 2013
    This game lacks originality as it is clear that it's heavily "inspired" by Ninja Gaiden, but I can't say this is a bad game. It's a very good game, but the main character was clearly a bit of a rip off from Ryu Hayabusa, but the story was it's own thing. Not bad, but could've been better.

1. In closing, Ninja Blade offers a welcome slice of action gaming that is not only simple, but effective at the same time.
  2. If you don’t care about the plot and just want to run around hacking at things, this is the game for you.
  3. We originally had this down as "Ninja Gaiden Lite". We were wrong. Tedious. [May 2009, p.81]