Ninja Blade Xbox 360

6.8

1. Aug 18, 2013
    I'll give this game one thing, it got me excited through the whole campaign, the action scenes and QTE's are simply insane, but, as a whole, it's a style over substance game. Gameplay outside of the "OMAGAH THAT IZ AWSOM" scenes is nothing else them shallow, you have two attack buttons that you use to strike the enemies with your different types of swords and you can use your shuriken thatI'll give this game one thing, it got me excited through the whole campaign, the action scenes and QTE's are simply insane, but, as a whole, it's a style over substance game. Gameplay outside of the "OMAGAH THAT IZ AWSOM" scenes is nothing else them shallow, you have two attack buttons that you use to strike the enemies with your different types of swords and you can use your shuriken that comes with three diferrent flavors too burn, cut, or shock your foes, but, you really doesn't have to do much than just press the X button to win, at least with the normal foes.
    You see, this is the problem, outside of the game action packed moments where you are fighting gigantic flying larvas in the sky or chasing a giant yakuza dog and his medusa daughter with a tank, the game feels boring and uninspiring, simply because there's not much else in this game than that.
    The graphics aren't that special or unique in this game, facial expressions are HORRIBLE, just terrible, try to look into a characters face while his laughing or screaming and try not to be scared by that Character models are okay, nothing special with the exception of Ken, the protagonist and some of the monsters you fight. One thing that shines for me in this game is the clothing customization, it is really cool and you can just make your character look even more badass than he already is. Weapons cannot be customized but they can be upgraded, which changes their appereance and gives you new combos and special attacks, and talking about extras... well, there aren't that much in fact.
    This is a one-time playthrough game, and you should have it clear when you buy it, after you beat it, there's not much to be done. You can look for some gems that will ugprade your health and karma (You'll need that to use the Ninja Vision and the Shuriken attacks) and some pieces of clothing to customize but, aside from that, that's it, and this resumes Ninja Blade, a huge and kinda dissapointing "That's It".
  2. PaulMxG
    Apr 15, 2009
    Ninja Blade is a game that represents how good and famous is Ryu Hayabusa, this time a ninja wannabe tries to save Japan in enviroments that all gamers have seen before, this game lacks of creative textures and visual effects, in my opinion Ninja Blade is a copy of Ninja Gaiden, I think everyone is trying to succeed with Itagaki's masterpiece.
  3. Sep 9, 2016
    My review for this game is almost identical to my review for Bourne Conspiracy. Being 2016 is this game still a play? My verdict is no. I played for only one hour and came across a lot of things I liked but decided the gameplay was too shallow and not for me. I enjoyed the visuals I thought they looked sweet but what stopped my from continuing my game was two things. First of all theMy review for this game is almost identical to my review for Bourne Conspiracy. Being 2016 is this game still a play? My verdict is no. I played for only one hour and came across a lot of things I liked but decided the gameplay was too shallow and not for me. I enjoyed the visuals I thought they looked sweet but what stopped my from continuing my game was two things. First of all the camera decided to do its own thing at times in wide open boss battles I had a difficult time wasting time in the most important part of the game. The other areas of the game were trivial. The two features added together easily suggested to me to not go further into the game. I do not feel the game was broken but considering how many games are on the market this one lost my interest pretty fast. It did seem there was a lot of fun features in this game. I would neither recommend it or say its bad. Just with so many games on the market and so little time to play current generation games this one was a skip. I would fully agree with the reviewer who stated this game is style over substance. Expand
  4. May 30, 2013
    This game lacks originality as it is clear that it's heavily "inspired" by Ninja Gaiden, but I can't say this is a bad game. It's a very good game, but the main character was clearly a bit of a rip off from Ryu Hayabusa, but the story was it's own thing. Not bad, but could've been better.

1. In closing, Ninja Blade offers a welcome slice of action gaming that is not only simple, but effective at the same time.
  2. If you don’t care about the plot and just want to run around hacking at things, this is the game for you.
  3. We originally had this down as "Ninja Gaiden Lite". We were wrong. Tedious. [May 2009, p.81]