7.0

1. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Slightly more polished turd. That's what describe my feeling about this game. I bought both vanilla version of xbox and ps3 last year and was disgusted by it. I did the same thing for RE. They improved over the vanilla version but the unresponsive controls are still there, the disorienting zooming in camera, bad pacing bad level design too.
    After playing metal gear rising this game feels just weak. In MGSR I can actually feel in control of the action, if I died it was because i did nt responded fast enough on the controls or did a wrong move.
    In NG3RE if I die it's because an off screen enemy doing a cheap grab move. Or the main character did'nt not respond to my control input.
    The game is just not fun not challenging, it feels random and cheap.

The ninja gaiden franchise was ruined by the new Team Ninja management.
    I own ninja gaiden xbox, ninja gaiden black xbox, ninja gaiden 2 xbox 360. Those titles will always be in my video game collection. Ninja Gaiden 3 RE does not deserve it's place in it.
  2. Apr 13, 2013
    This game is better than Ninja Gaiden 3, and that's not saying much. They added back the ultimate attacks, obliteration attacks and there are plenty of weapons to choose from. With that being said, the gameplay is still dull. This new Team Ninja doesn't have a clue as to what made previous Ninja Gaidens fun, yet challenging. This game throws you in a room and sends wave after waves of enemies all while enemies are in the back shooting rockets at you. Enemies won't attack you, they run behind you and spam grabs. This is the same thing that happened in the first one and it hasn't changed. Most of the bosses only damage you with throws. All in all, it is better than the first, but still, this game isn't fun. Wait until the price goes down, if you must have it. Expand
  3. Apr 10, 2013
    Thank you Team Ninja finally you gave us fans a proper sequel! Dismemberment is back tons of weapons new characters and a difficulty that will make you toss your controller to the floor more then once!
    This is the game they should have released last year! And this is the game all fans of this series should pick up. Ryu is back baby and he`s looking sharper then ever!
  4. Jun 19, 2013
    If you were smart enough not to buy the first version of NG3 and you're a fan of NG, this is definetly the way to go, they changed the almost random and way excessive QTEs for the dismemberment and oblitaration from NG2, and though the combat isn't as refined as the old NG games, it's up with the best H&H games from our times, it's, unlike the first version, fun and challenging, and the amounts of content (weapons, characters, levels, diffuculties) make it worthy of it's title. People are still mad at NG3 because the first version was just awfull, but Razor's Edge is definetly the way to go if you want a grat H&H experience. Expand
  5. Apr 16, 2013
    O jogo melhorou 90% sobre a primeira versão. dificuldade digna de ninja gaiden são as melhores adições; o único contra o enredo. continua sem pé nem cabeça, apesar de que só a historia do 1º jogo foi a mais aceitável. NG3RE o suspiro de vida para quem achava que a serie havia morrido
  6. Jun 25, 2013
    Team Ninja dosen't make any new progress because to bussy about the title. why can't the first NG3 release only for Xbox 360 and WiiU? And the NGΣ3 on PS3 instead of Razor's Edge. It's not f**king genius at all!
  7. Aug 24, 2013
    Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge was a little better than its predecessor but its just a little bit.. game is still soulless, shallow with a weak story which has a bad plot..anyway the game still stands for its fighting system which was enhanced from its predecessor by any form, from weapons to characters it got a warm and delightful battles, and a few boss fights makes it a challenging one too if you crank up the difficulty level..if you are the die hard fan..razors edge offers you a richer experience than its predecessor but never reach to its expectations Expand
  8. Aug 24, 2013
    I'm happy that Team Ninja at least TRIED to make it better, but to be honest, it doesn't justify another purchase or playthrough, even at a discounted price.

I really can't see what is so different other than a couple of new levels and some generally cheap difficulty.
    And before you say "You're just bad at the game", I have beaten Black, 2 and original three all on Master Ninja
    (ultimate ninja for 3 with dlc). More importantly I've beaten this game on all difficulties and yes, it's got some pretty cheap design.

To me, this is actually less enjoyable than the vanilla version. Why? Because while 3 was dumbed down, incredibly boring and easy, this is the same game, with more weapons and ninpo that aren't very useful. The major difference here though,is that it's still very boring, but it's so incredibly frustrating for wrong reasons.

The actual combat itself is the same, sure there are new weapons and ninpo but that's really it. From my experience, all they did was change the enemies so that the do way more damage and block most of your attacks unless you do something very specific to break their block. Same thing for the Reagent of the Mask. Just like in 3, he's really annoying.

If you like Ninja Gaiden for it's actual challenge, don't buy this.
  9. Aug 6, 2014
    It took me a while to buy this game as so many people said the 3rd one was terrible, well I thought id try this one out as I loved ninja gaiden 2, I didn't expect much but god was I surprised. This was excellent from start to finish, the levels were awesome and the bosses were great. When I played number 2 I didn't think any ninja gaiden would be better but I was wrong. If your a gaiden fan buy it now as you wont be disappointed. Stay away from 3 and get razors edge much much better. Expand

There's no actual reason for this. [June 2013, p.91]
  2. May 28, 2013
    The game is still enjoyable, taking down a metallic T-Rex and seeing those limbs fly off in all directions as your katana rips through an enemy’s body is extremely satisfying. The issue is that the game feels empty, soulless; Tecmo seem to have released it for the sole reason to generate additional revenue as they no doubt begin designing Ninja Gaiden 4.
  3. May 6, 2013
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is a decent action game, but not quite at the level of recent DmC: Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising Revengance.