4.4

1. Apr 5, 2012
    why are you guys giving this game such a bad score????? because I honestly loved the game, i loved the story, the fighting, and the online. The only thing I can say that was stupid about the game was that they took off upgrading the weapon, when the enemy grab you I wish you can kick them off, and buying potion and that the only thing that was neg about the game but everything else I loved the game. Expand
  2. Mar 21, 2012
    This game has been reviewed so badly in comparison to what the game really is. It's a fast, fluid action game that isn't that bad at all. It doesn't deserve a 10, but it sure as hell doesn't deserve a user score of a 3.9. People are saying the game has been simplified, well try the game on Hard. I've started it on Hard and it's not that easy. Imagine that if Hard isn't easy, there will be Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja later on. This game will challenge you whatsoever. Also the problem people are talking about is the lack of weapons. Yes you have one weapon to use. (That doesn't include the bow and maybe other, yet unknown weapons for me) But later on there will be FREE DLC for the game which contains extra maps and extra weapons. In April there will be DLC for the Scythe and the Claws. So that's not that bad, just a bummer they didn't put it on the game in the first place. Also about the Health Regeneration. People are saying that it's too easy because your health will be constantly regenerated or something. Well, the health system is the same system that has been used in Ninja Gaiden 2. Instead of getting a red bar within your HP bar, you'll simply lose a certain chunk of your HP bar. So your HP bar will decrease. This makes it a lot harder. Yes, after your fight is finished your health will regenerate up for as long as your HP bar is at that moment. This also happened in Ninja Gaiden 2. The only way to increase your HP bar again is to either use Ninpo or save the game at certain save points. Ninpo doesn't fully increase your HP bar, but only increases it for a small part. Ninpo doesn't come in easy either. You have to kill a certain amount of enemies to get your Ninpo bar to fill up. Now about the Quick Time Events (QTE's). Yes, there are QTE's. Is it a bad thing? Maybe. In the beginning you'll be confronted with a few QTE's in the cinematics. Later on, you won't have them as much anymore. Even better, you can turn them off if you want. Also, you won't be confronted much by QTE's while your fighting. Actually almost none of the time. Something you have to press an extra button, but in the heat of the battle you'll probably won't even notice it. So all in all, the game really isn't as bad as a lot of people portrayed it. Maybe they started the game on Easy or Normal, or surely a lot of people didn't even play the game but just aren't happy with the changes that have been made. So play the game first, then judge it, and you'll come to notice it isn't a bad game. There have been better Ninja Gaidens, that's for sure. But it's not worth a 3.9! Expand
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    As a huge ninja gaiden I too was disappointed at the degree to which the game is different. It ALMOST does not feel like Ninja Gaiden, but at the end of the day I feel like I am playing Ninja Gaiden. The only change that really bothers me is the removal of all the weapons, especially the lunar staff. Once you get over the changes, you are left with a very solid action game, better than most. Tight, lightning quick action, tons of blood, lots of Ryu wrecking fools. You really need to ignore most of the user reviews on the website as they are obviously submitted by heartbroken hardcore Ninja Gaiden fans, as is the review by IGN. OBJECTIVELY, the game is solid. Go into the game expecting big changes, play the game on hard mode since the default is too easy, I promise a game that will quench your bloodthirst. Also remember that no one is better at listening fan feedback a republishing an improved game than team Ninja. Expect a Sigma or Black or whatever edition to be released in the future which incorporates fan feedback. Heck, they already have the Claws and the Scythe on the way in a DLC. The game is an 8.5, not a masterpiece, but very good. Anyone giving this game a 0 or a 1 clearly needs a therapist to discuss their relationship with Ninja Gaiden and work out their lengthy emotional issues. The IGN review is puzzling as well. IGN is usually right on target with their reviews, but this 3 and the language included in the review is blatantly biased and rather unprofessional. I wish too the game played just like Ninja Gaiden 2, but I got over that in ten minutes and proceeded to spill the blood of thousands of foes. Pretty fun. Expand
  4. Mar 22, 2012
    The negative reviews are unfounded.This for one is an action game and it sticks to that oh well you dont switch weapons its telling a story about the sword. So you dont upgrade weapons or go looking for potions id like to re-iterate this is an ACTION game not an RPG.The difficulty is toned down well then dont play it on normal or hero start out on hard and later on master ninja or whatever the hardest difficulty is. I also played and beat the original nes ng games,ng black on its hardest difficulty, but this is an excellent action game that should not be overlooked because of the aformentioned differences. Expand
  5. Mar 21, 2012
    lol @ everybody giving bad scores. what's wrong with you? this is the best thing that's ever happened to this console! idiots!!! the music and controls and gameplay are all really good. what did u expect it to be like the atari version? jeez
  6. Mar 21, 2012
    thia game is full game desighn is good sound and music is good Swap a full bar to transform into a dragon, killing everyone and refilling your health. What makes this tough is the long list of nameless combos, the sheer number of enemies and a loose camera that doesn't keep you the centre of attention.A once-branching tree has been pruned down to a trunk. Where you used to have a collection of weapons to master and upgrade, now you fight with static swords, a bow, and shurikens Expand
  7. Mar 20, 2012
    MULTIPLAYER IS AWESOME. Why would you not want to be able to battle other people online ninja gaiden style??? So there is no lunar staff or kusari gama in campaign mode. Whatever. Play ninja gaiden 2. So far multiplayer has been amazing and for that reason this game should get a 10. Ninja gaiden with a whole new angle.

If you only want ninja gaiden for the campaign don't buy this
    game. IF YOU WANT TO BATTLE NINJAS ALL OVER THE WORLD BUY THIS GAME Expand
  8. Mar 29, 2012
    Nao consegui parar de jogar ate o final do game, as cenas de açao sao surpreendentes e a historia e incrivel. Muitas pessoas estao dando nota baixa pois seu gameplay e bem diferente dos 2 episodios anteriores, mas, a franquia retomou a gloria dos tempos de NES! Ja esta na minha lista de melhores games!
  9. Mar 25, 2012
    This is not a bad game, and I probably would've given it an 8 if it wasn't Ninja Gaiden. However, they took a great thing and screwed it up, and I feel that's worth subtracting a point. Judging by a lot of these reviews some people feel it's worth subtracting more than one point. I played on Hard. Problems:
    - Instead of fighting a handful of engaging enemies which required you to
    dodge, block, counter and combo attack intelligently like in the last games, for most of the game you fight respawning hordes of soldiers whose only purpose in life seems to be to die as quickly as possible while yelling things like "I dont wanna die!". Sprinkled in with these pushovers are usually 2 or 3 "hard" enemies.
    - I say "hard" because most of the difficulty from any enemy in Ninja Gaiden comes from their unblockable, uncounterable grabs. It really shoehorns you into having to hit and run to avoid getting grabbed.
    - I wouldn't even call this hard, except most of the time you can spot when they try to grab you, but this game's controls are a lot less responsive than its' predecessors'. I cannot even count the number of times I got grabbed even though I saw it coming well in advance and had time to attempt to dodge 3 or 4 times while Ryu just sat there, seemingly paralyzed. - 1 ninpo and 1 weapon for the whole game really screws with the strategy aspect of the game. I liked having to decide which weapon and ninpo to use for different types of enemies. Variety issues aside, instead of having to budget your magic use and try to decide whether its worth wasting health, magic and/or currency orbs on instant Ultimate Techniques it's basically best to just use your ninpo and UT whenever they become available (they both gradually charge as you attack enemies).
    - They reuse the same boss 4, count'em 4, times with extremely minor differences between each encounter. The story mode is at least half as long as the other games, maybe shorter. You can really tell they were splitting development resources to get the multiplayer and stuff done.
    - I hate QTEs. They are terrible. To be fair I even hate QTEs in games that people seem to like them in, such as God of War.
    I do, however, sincerely hope that they make another Ninja Gaiden in a couple years that learns from NG3's mistakes. As I said this game isn't terrible, it's just disappointing if you were expecting something of the same quality as NG1 and 2. The new combos system isn't as complicated and deep, but there are still a few situations where using certain combos really pays off, and although dodging can be slow you can still get into a rhythm and predict enemy movement to stay a step ahead. If you do these things it can be fun to hack through enemies that would otherwise repeatedly grab you and eat your face. Some of the boss fights remind me more of older NG boss fights. Sadly judging by the reviews and probable bad sales numbers it seems unlikely they will have the chance to learn from their mistakes and make another. RIP Ninja Gaiden, you were my favorite action game ever.

1. Jun 20, 2012
    It's not a bad action game by definition, but it lacks everything that made the series endearing, making it an overall unmemorable outing for fans that fell in love with the white-knuckle action and hair-pulling difficulty found in previous Ninja Gaiden titles.
  2. May 29, 2012
    Every – really every – fan of Ninja Gaiden was probably expecting a different game than this Ninja Gaiden 3.
    Ninja Gaiden 3 discards all the elements that made the previous titles popular among players, and the result is a worse and mutilated game.