5.7

1. Jan 20, 2014
    My first piece of advice would be just play the game on easy or normal, the game is worth playing but most of the comments about the broken controls, glitches and such are not too far from the truth, whilst they are not actually broken they are pretty bad and to save frustration and get the most out of the game I think easier works better here as there is little to be gained from theMy first piece of advice would be just play the game on easy or normal, the game is worth playing but most of the comments about the broken controls, glitches and such are not too far from the truth, whilst they are not actually broken they are pretty bad and to save frustration and get the most out of the game I think easier works better here as there is little to be gained from the higher settings (barring achievements)

My favourite aspects of the game are the soundtrack and story, soundtrack is excellent really entertaining and paces well with gameplay and story, the story itself is decent but is let down often by pretty lacklustre cut scenes. Rpg elements are very basic leveling is ok but there is an obvious lack of depth on the equipment end of this, armour and weapons are few and far between with little chance to actually upgrade. I did have fun playing this game but it is pretty standard.
  2. Nov 2, 2013
    -MY REVIEW WILL HELP UNDECIDED-

~~This game was fun for me this OCTOBER 2013. And I ignored the fact that it was an old game and was wanting to spend some MONEY I HAD ON MY account. And this was worth it for a affordable game.. --Graphics aren't Last of us,Halo,Or Bioshock but does that matter on NON-blockbuster games anyways? NO! With arcade or PSN or downloadable games Graphics and
    -MY REVIEW WILL HELP UNDECIDED-

--Graphics aren't Last of us,Halo,Or Bioshock but does that matter on NON-blockbuster games anyways? NO! With arcade or PSN or downloadable games Graphics and voice acting need only be swervicable for our fun. Story & gameplay and unique level up or loot etc.. I enjoyed this game and if one is 100% true to themselves when they start playing it, then dissapointmen t will be less because I knew this game was just a 2 day type game. anything more is a perk..

--No game deserves a ZERO! We should only be allowed so many ZERO's, or it should be monitored or controlled..I bet 90% of reviewers who attack games with a ZERO do it on a regular basis..ugh!
    - I could see a 2 maybe. a ONE if a game is brokem and can not be played..But a ZERO is misused..
    --I look forward to innovation with scoring...

I gave this a 10 to balance out the OBVIOUS Hate-Spam that took place..
    -Metacritic has a good Rep but that wont last forever. Even though the Meta-Score is what we go-by and use as a quick tool etc,,But I used to really like user scores..But not when THERE'S 200+ Scores of -0- with no comments..
  3. Aug 24, 2013
    So I just sat down and paid a game for 30 minutes called, "of orcs and men"... i'm thinking, this is going to be some well developed, super literary type of game, since it plays on the title of that classic book.

before I get into it, let me states some facts: 90% of gamers are men, male gamers are more prone to enjoy violent games, the manlier the characters, the more the male gamers will enjoy it.

THAT BEING SAID.

This game is about as polished at a pile of poop. Instead of immersing you into a fantasy world where you play an orc, you come away feeling like you played a green painted, redneck with about as much nod to his own orchood, as me. They curse in English, which jars you. And, it's not even cursing to accentuate sentences. It's cursing, in the way that white frat boys curse, just to punctuate sentences. So instead of you thinking, wow these orcs are real manly tough guys, you come away thinking I WONDER DO THEY TAN IN BEDS OR OUT IN THE SUN. The voice acting doesn't help that they sound like fresh out the bed dweebs, raspy, breathy, man-voice with boy grammatical structure.

It would have been much better if the developer took the time to come up with 100 orc "words" and punctuate all the orc conversations with them. Instead we get Bill and Ted's, totally terrible train-wreck.
  4. Aug 8, 2013
    Nice game, if not as broad as the Elder Scrolls or the Dragon Age series. The artwork is good, the classes are more limited than in other RPGs, but it's still a fun game and at the current (Aug 2013) discounted prices, there's no way you can lose. I give it an 8 our of 10, but rated it 10 here because although this game demonstrates that orcs and goblins can sometimes be the good guys,Nice game, if not as broad as the Elder Scrolls or the Dragon Age series. The artwork is good, the classes are more limited than in other RPGs, but it's still a fun game and at the current (Aug 2013) discounted prices, there's no way you can lose. I give it an 8 our of 10, but rated it 10 here because although this game demonstrates that orcs and goblins can sometimes be the good guys, trolls will forever be trolls obnoxious (low ratings before playing the game), cowardly (low ratings with no review) and a plague on our gaming community. Expand
  5. Feb 20, 2013
    Cutscene fight fight fight, cutscene, fight, fight, cutscene after cutscene. Dear god why? This game has the blandest dialogue I've ever been forced to sit through, and it has no sense of pacing and takes control away from the player constantly. It's afraid to let the players be in control because they might get lost or get some actual emergent gameplay. They even stop the game to shoveCutscene fight fight fight, cutscene, fight, fight, cutscene after cutscene. Dear god why? This game has the blandest dialogue I've ever been forced to sit through, and it has no sense of pacing and takes control away from the player constantly. It's afraid to let the players be in control because they might get lost or get some actual emergent gameplay. They even stop the game to shove the tutorial in your face, which you can't opt out of. Exactly the opposite of what other games do where they just give tips at the top of the screen without pausing the game! Seriously. The fighting is essentially being done for you, with minimal tactical choice. The story... well less said the better. Expand
  6. Oct 15, 2012
    I greatly enjoyed squishy humies butthurting over being squishy. Diz Game did da best trollingz eveb before being released!
    11/10, would watch whole drama again!
  7. Oct 13, 2012
    Just here to balance out the hate. I mean, really, at least give the real reviewers time to play the game before you potentially ruin peoples jobs. Christ.
  8. Oct 12, 2012
    I have seen a lot of trolling on many fronts because of the gameplay not being a hack and slash. The gameplay is like dragon age origins for anyone who is interested and plays as smoothly and balanced as it. Although word of warning due to only having the tank and rogue archetypes it is somewhat simplified, they have replaced the healer class with skills that gradually regenerate healthI have seen a lot of trolling on many fronts because of the gameplay not being a hack and slash. The gameplay is like dragon age origins for anyone who is interested and plays as smoothly and balanced as it. Although word of warning due to only having the tank and rogue archetypes it is somewhat simplified, they have replaced the healer class with skills that gradually regenerate health for several seconds. There has also been a lot of trolling due to the fact that the orcs are the heroes although anyone who has actually played the game will know that just because you play an orc and a goblin; this does not mean that all the orcs in the game are good and not all humans are evil. The storyline is simple and the maps are linear but I am having a blast playing the game and "HIGHLY" recommend it to anyone who enjoys old bioware rpg's, it may not have as much depth as them (not very many games do to be honest) but it will satisfy your taste buds. The game deserves an 8/9 out of 10 but I am giving it a 10 to do what I can to counter-act the massive negative trolling that has emerged on the user score "BEFORE THE GAME WAS EVEN RELEASED" Collapse
  9. Oct 12, 2012
    It's obvious that there has been a Troll attack on this game. I mean, how come that on the 207 negative reviews there are no comments ?

Anyhow, even though it has some issues, the games has a solid background story, nice graphics and an interesting gameplay. I'm having a good time playing it.
  10. Oct 12, 2012

This isn't a good game, but it's one that will grow on you after a few hours. [Issue#91, p.89]
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    Of Orcs and Men might seem like a traditional role-playing game, but it turns the roles of heroes and villains upside down. Orcs and goblins are oppressed while humans enjoy the good life. The game gets a bit repetitive towards the end and the AI is downright awful, but it is still a worthwhile play. Highly recommended to players who are sick and tired of knights in their shining armor running the show. [Nov 2012]
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    There's an interesting idea at the core of Of Orcs and Men, but the muddled delivery and presentation make it very forgettable. [Dec 2012]